New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Scribble's Fire Emblem System (A Horrid Attempt at Recreating a Wonderful Thing)

Oh that's cool , I am in the middle of adding to the magic section of the game, though I am adding in new branches to the light and dark section.

Void and Necromancy for dark

For light though I'm kinda stuck ...

I plan on adding summoning also as the neutral magic that all spellcasters can learn (through a talent), though It will be affected by the their primary source so lots to do there.

For example a dark caster would learn necromancy, and of the anima would be bind elementals, light would be thaumaturgy

edit: once I get this part done I will be able to dive back into the class section and work on more chassis and talents.

Planning on adding skills but going to keep them in the optional section for dms discretion (I would use them though )
    Last edited by 1whoscribbled; 2014-04-16 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler: My Sig
    Show
    Games I'm DMing
    Donvaor: Depths of Shadow : Recruitment/OC/IC

HomeBrew:
    Scribble's Fire Emblem System

Credit to Elder Tsofu for the awesome avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Scribble's Fire Emblem System (A Horrid Attempt at Recreating a Wonderful Thing)

Scribble, how are you planning to play this? Live? On a forum?

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Rephath View Post
    Scribble, how are you planning to play this? Live? On a forum?
    Both, this is really just a mix of my favorite rules with a bunch of tweaks and changes. For example my unfinished chassis system for classes.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

4. - Top - End - #34

How's this coming along? There don't appear to have been any updates in the past week. Do you need a hand in any way?
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

5. - Top - End - #35

Could always use a hand, its just exam week and today is the frist day I have had free. And I am also restarting a campgain that had to be put on hold a few months back today. So I will be busy though some time tonight or tomorrow this will be updated. If you wanted you could help me by converting the tables down b herpsitide (sorry for misspelling doing this on a phone), and if you where really bored flesh out the tables for steam, lava, ice, ect ...

Als I need two ideas for advanced light magic. For dark its void and necromancy, but im stuck on light....
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

6. - Top - End - #36

For advanced light, how about solar and lunar? Solar might do lower damage but affect a small area (like Discharge, Blast Wave, and Windfury among the anima magics). Lunar might combine certain elements of dark and light magic together.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

7. - Top - End - #37

YES YES YES YES YES YES though I will combine that into one sect call celestial magic (so those two will each exsits like it does for elemental and high arance) but I will need one more
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

8. - Top - End - #38

still here and been just cleaning up my text (I keep misspelling stuff
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

9. - Top - End - #39

Hmm, alternative light magic ideas...

Lightning/electricity. Earlier FE games had Lightning as the first Light tome, so it's traditional. The expansion of Anima into the Fire/Wind/Thunder triangle kinda pulled it away, with Thunder taking the electrical side of things.

Radiant/radiation. Could cause weird debuffs.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

10. - Top - End - #40

Cant be lightning since that's in the Anima branch of magic (Literially).

Radtion is a little too literal for what it is, though if anyone makes a futuristic one that would be cool.

currently working on the new schools and desiginig the summoning branch and dding new talents
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

An idea I had for classes that use weapons and magic: rather than giving them an extra stat or having them attack at half power, you could tie their alternate weapon level to their main weapon level. For example, take a mage who wants to use swords, they tie their sword using ability to their anima level, and use magic + might - defense as their formula for attacking, but they can't use swords of a rank higher than half their anima rank (or maybe anima rank - 2 or 3 ranks, if you'd ratherit rank up at the ssame speed). Characters using this still get the ability to target a different defense type and another triangle, which is the important flavor aspects of a new weapon, but don't get access to the best the weapons offer, or the options to make the weapon type more versatile (but why would a mage need a runesword anyway ).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

12. - Top - End - #42

I like that a lot, now we just need to finalize and get this part of it off the back burner

Thanks

NOTE TO SELF: add banthesun to the thank you POST
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

13. - Top - End - #43

Light magic could also deal with the mind and soul. One of the things I had been working on for my system that I never quite finished as another set of mind and soul magics which were all learned abilities, like chants and the orders half of tactics. As a throwback to the magic of the original NES Fire Emblem, they would also be cast from hit points, decreasing hp instead of using up durability from a tome. You probably don't want to go that route, as it's very different from the basic light magic. Here's what I had come up with, hopefully it will inspire you.

Spoiler
    Show

Costs hp: Each combat in which the wielder attacks with this weapon, he or she loses the indicated number of hit points. This loss of hit points is not damage. The hit point loss occurs before the wielder's first attack in combat, and only occurs once regardless of the number of attacks made. If the wielder does not have enough hit points to survive after the hit point loss, he or she does not lose hit points, but is unable to attack with the weapon.

Mind
    Spoiler
    Show

Mind magic is the domain of demons.
    Mind spells are secret weapons.
    Mind spells are magical weapons. They use their wielder's Mag to determine damage, reduced by their target's Res.
    Mind magic is not involved in any weapon triangles.
    All mind magic spellcasters automatically know the most basic spell of Mind Blast. Other spells must be learned, most commonly from special scrolls. A spellcaster who knows a spell can use that spell as often as desired.
    Mind magic has synergy with soul magic.

[table=head}Weapon Name |Rank |Range |Mgt |Hit |Crit |Wgt |Durability |Value |Triangle Type |Special
    Mind Blast |E-S |1-2 |5+2R |80 |0 |0 |-- |-- |Mind |Inherent. Scales with Mind weapon rank. Fixed damage. Costs 1 hp.
    Telekinesis |E |1-2 |4 |90 |0 |0 |-- | |Mind |Inherent. Learned. Kinetic. Costs 2 hp.
    Lunate |C |1-2 |0 |50 |10 |0 |-- | |Mind |Inherent. Learned. Ignores target's Res. Costs 5 hp.
    Medusa |B |1-2 |0 |70 |0 |0 |-- | |Mind |Inherent. Learned. No damage. Reduces target's HP to 1 on hit. Costs 7 hp.
    Decerebrate |S |1-2 |1 |60 |0 |0 |-- | |Mind |Inherent. Learned. Fixed damage. Causes Doom, Silence, Sleep and Stun on hit. Costs 17 hp.{/table]

Soul
    Spoiler
    Show

Soul magic is the domain of angels.
    Soul spells are secret weapons.
    Soul spells are magical weapons. They use their wielder's Mag to determine damage, reduced by their target's Res.
    Soul magic is not involved in any weapon triangles.
    All soul magic spellcasters automatically know the most basic spell of Resire. Other spells must be learned, most commonly from special scrolls. A spellcaster who knows a spell can use that spell as often as desired.
    Soul magic has synergy with mind magic.

[table=head}Weapon Name |Rank |Range |Mgt |Hit |Crit |Wgt |Durability |Value |Triangle Type |Special
    Resire |E-S |1-2 |0+1R |60 |0 |0 |-- |-- |Soul |Inherent. Scales with Soul weapon rank. Heals user equal to damage dealt.
    Recover (Soul) |E |1 |0 |100 |0 |0 |-- | |Soul |Inherent. Learned. Support weapon. Heals Mag HP to target. Costs 1 hp. 10 xp.
    Restrike |D |1-2 |8 |80 |0 |0 |-- | |Soul |Inherent. Learned. Fixed damage. Costs 2 hp.
    Reblow |C |1-(Mag/2) |0 |100 |0 |0 |-- | |Soul |Inherent. Learned. Support weapon. Heals Mag HP to target. Costs 3 hp. 15 xp.
    Reserve |A |1-(Mag/2) |0 |100 |0 |0 |-- | |Soul |Inherent. Learned. Support weapon. Heals Mag HP to all allies in range. Costs 12 hp. 25 xp.
    Revivify |S |1 |0 |100 |0 |0 |-- | |Soul |Inherent. Learned. Support weapon. Returns an ally slain within the past 1 turn to life with 1 hp. Costs 40 hp. 50 xp.{/table]

Last edited by Garryl; 2016-02-07 at 10:30 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Scribble; If I may;

Laguz: 1-30 transformation gauge, it raises by so much every turn (dependent on Laguz Tribe) [getting better w/ tier perhaps?] and then lowers by so much every turn and also increases and decreases with every hit (dependent on wether said character is transformed)

3 per each maybe?

Each tribe also has it's own weapon.
    Fang, Claw, Breathe
    Great Fang, etc. (for royals)

Each tribe also has it's own stuff like a regular chasis, or you could use a chasis for different kinds: like a swift one, a defensive one, a powerful one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chewy, if you were a real Drow, you'd be a Sorcerer/Alchemist with a nack for explosions and a prechant for won ton destruction and joyful mayhem. ~ My drunken DM

Originally posted by BRC
    Few people who want to play a monk actually want to play a monk (as in a semi-mystic kung fu master). What they (or at least I) want to play is somebody who can punch a dragon to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    Raptors are serious business.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    Light magic could also deal with the mind and soul. One of the things I had been working on for my system that I never quite finished as another set of mind and soul magics which were all learned abilities, like chants and the orders half of tactics. As a throwback to the magic of the original NES Fire Emblem, they would also be cast from hit points, decreasing hp instead of using up durability from a tome. You probably don't want to go that route, as it's very different from the basic light magic. Here's what I had come up with, hopefully it will inspire you.

Spoiler
    Show

Costs hp: Each combat in which the wielder attacks with this weapon, he or she loses the indicated number of hit points. This loss of hit points is not damage. The hit point loss occurs before the wielder's first attack in combat, and only occurs once regardless of the number of attacks made. If the wielder does not have enough hit points to survive after the hit point loss, he or she does not lose hit points, but is unable to attack with the weapon.

Mind
    Spoiler
    Show

Mind magic is the domain of demons.
    Mind spells are secret weapons.
    Mind spells are magical weapons. They use their wielder's Mag to determine damage, reduced by their target's Res.
    Mind magic is not involved in any weapon triangles.
    All mind magic spellcasters automatically know the most basic spell of Mind Blast. Other spells must be learned, most commonly from special scrolls. A spellcaster who knows a spell can use that spell as often as desired.
    Mind magic has synergy with soul magic.

Soul
    Spoiler
    Show

Soul magic is the domain of angels.
    Soul spells are secret weapons.
    Soul spells are magical weapons. They use their wielder's Mag to determine damage, reduced by their target's Res.
    Soul magic is not involved in any weapon triangles.
    All soul magic spellcasters automatically know the most basic spell of Resire. Other spells must be learned, most commonly from special scrolls. A spellcaster who knows a spell can use that spell as often as desired.
    Soul magic has synergy with mind magic.

this would work that would give me celestial and Spiritual magic (need a better name for this set ...) and would realy round out my light magic set

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Chewy View Post
    Scribble; If I may;

Laguz: 1-30 transformation gauge, it raises by so much every turn (dependent on Laguz Tribe) [getting better w/ tier perhaps?] and then lowers by so much every turn and also increases and decreases with every hit (dependent on wether said character is transformed)

3 per each maybe?

Each tribe also has it's own weapon.
    Fang, Claw, Breathe
    Great Fang, etc. (for royals)

Each tribe also has it's own stuff like a regular chasis, or you could use a chasis for different kinds: like a swift one, a defensive one, a powerful one
    Havnt even begun to realy work on the laguz, I haven't yet play a game with them in it (yet). So please go ahead and I will add it to the system and help you work it all out. Currently I am working on the magic and tier system so I have turned my mind this direction yet.
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

16. - Top - End - #46

still here but been stuck traveling around on a secondary computer and am having to redo some sprites for a friend frist befor I post here with an update
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

17. - Top - End - #47

Just realized none of my work I post was posted in the edits for new magics or races so sometime this weekend I will rewrite them. Just a heads up
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I'm not trying to go round and recruit players from other threads yet, because it's just a playtest, but I've posted my own set of Fire Emblem rules. I thought you might want to compare notes and adapt anything you like the look of to your system.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

19. - Top - End - #49

Thanks my friend I probable will , if you want a player then let me know the one I was apart of is on pause at the moment and I love playing FE
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    For light though I'm kinda stuck ...
    There is one FE game that splits all weapons in sub-categories. Light was divided in Holy(standard Light magic), Judgment(weaker, but each tome is effective against something) and Warding(each tome deals damage and provides caster with a small bonus that last for one round).
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    There is one FE game that splits all weapons in sub-categories. Light was divided in Holy(standard Light magic), Judgment(weaker, but each tome is effective against something) and Warding(each tome deals damage and provides caster with a small bonus that last for one round).
    Well that's cool and I have never heard of that going to look that up
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 1whoscribbled View Post
    Well that's cool and I have never heard of that going to look that up
    You can look it up here.

I probably should have mentioned it was a tabletop adaptation.
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2014-06-12 at 10:51 AM.
    Show

LGBTAitP

23. - Top - End - #53

Thank you and no I am done moving I can get back onto this project. With have some updates for this tomarrow
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I still have this thread in my subscription.

Check out the system and tell me what you think about it, I would love to hear your opinion.
    Show

LGBTAitP

25. - Top - End - #55

This does very well for chaging FE into a tabletop game to the point that I would run one .... plus there as a lot of mechanics I would like to barrow and meld with my system. Do you know any way to contact the creator of this amazing piece?
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately no, I kinda stumbled on it when I was looking for interesting homebrew systems based on video games. Maybe there is contact information in the pdf?

Either way, I would be happy to play if you are going to DM.
    Show

LGBTAitP

27. - Top - End - #57

hmm well it would depend howmuch interest it would drum up, place I would have to do a turn a week. So im not sure if people would be happy with that speed ...
    Show
    Games I'm DMing

HomeBrew:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, you have at least one player.
    Show

LGBTAitP