New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default EMPIRE! The Grand Ball of 381!

The Second Grand Ball of Telluris
    -Spring, 381, Triumvirate Capital-

3rd Decennial Nyrothian Great Weave

The new Triumvirate capital, still under construction by the three nations responsible for it's foundation is a shining beacon of progress and unity between the nations of the Triumvirate. Standing largest and most eye catching within the city is the recently completed Senate and Capitol building, a great smooth dome of Sanctuary stone lit up from the outside even in the growing dusk by Nyrothian crystals, charged from their time under the sun, their soft orange glow sending out a warm light that the ground around it basks in and invites foreign diplomats closer. Outside the entrance to the building, great hardwood doors crafted by Woodwind's finest woodworkers, stands a retinue of Triumvirate guards hailing from all the provinces that claim allegiance to the Triumvirate lining either side of the pathway into the great Senatorial dome. Behind them anxious workers, given the day off from their work constructing the city, and their families watch with awe as the diplomats from far flung lands arrive in their various exotic styles. These diplomats are guided in by eager Senators who had won bets or made deals to be allowed to meet and speak with these diplomats during their introductory arrival.

As the guests are led inside they finally see for themselves the interior of the Senate building. It is massive, even more so than it seemed to be from the outside, polished and waxed flooring, recognized by those familiar with it's usage to have been treated with the kelp oil of the Jeweled Cities, shines with the reflection of the Nyroth crystals, which appear to not simple be external but equally internal as well, being in thickness equal to the wall of the dome and thus serving as lighting and crystalline windows both. The main floor is completely clear in the center, clearly the designated area for dancing, and around the edge of the circular room a great table laden with many delicacies and drink, chief among them a vintage Raaneki Heartwine that had been kept stored away in preparation for this Ball nearly ten years ago. The table's circular enclosure does not continue unbroken around the room however, interrupted to the left and right by doors to separate wings of the building and directly across the dance floor where it again breaks the circle to give access to a small stage sitting within a recess on this far side of the building. This dais sits only a step above the dance floor and upon it sits a table separate from the circular tables that surround the rest of the room. Sitting in their center chair is the young and radiant Syana Ignato of Woodwind, only just past her 30th spring. To her right sits Loki Ethmorl of Hrathan-Tuor, and to her left King Tendaji II of Genivana along with their closest consulates and family.

Senators and senator's families already move about the dance floor, dressed in fine Nyrothian silk garments and chatting mildly as they await the much anticipated foreign diplomats. A soft music carries through the building and it's origin can be identified as a band set up near the edge of the table and the pathway to the door on the left. Their instruments are largely percussion and a mellow beat reverberates through the acoustically designed building. There are a few stringed instruments as well, which those familiar with the Sympol might recognize as originating from their land but by and large it is the soft but steady beat of the drums that leads the musical ensemble. Music

As the guests begin to file in their senatorial guides begin to be drawn away by older senators, apologizing for their younger equal's eagerness and attempting to capitalize on saving them from their chatter to allow themselves to make their own ideas on trade deals and pacts known to the guests. Before they are completely removed however the original senators who guided the diplomats in hands to the guest a letter sealed with an amber seal.

Spoiler: ”Itinerary”
    Show
    It is within this letter we of the Triumvirate hope to transcribe all the events of this ball that you, honored guest, might be able to be present for that which most interests you and your time.

5:00 The Grand Ball full of Dancing and Merriment Begins
    7:00 The Grand Feast shall be served
    8:30 The Announcement of the new Mistress of the Weave shall be held as finale to the Feast.
    9:00 The Hall of the Empress shall be opened to the Union of the North that they might speak privately and the Hall of the High Speaker shall be opened to the Ignato Empire and the Hurosha Empire and then to the members of the Grand Coalition that they might speak privately
    11:00 The Hall of the Empress shall be opened to all those with direct concerns regarding the Heartwaste and Sanctuary that they might speak privately
    12:00 The Honorable King Tendaji II of Genivana shall make an announcement on the Blazing Avatar that all who wish to hear and witness are invited to attend to in the main hall.

Further, the members of the Triumvirate shall be as ready and receptive as possible and we ask that you feel free to approach us to discuss with us any matter you wish though there may be times when private matters call us away from the main floor rest assured we shall return and you need only inform an aid or senator of your desire to speak with us and we shall make time to do so.

Side-RP Threads
    A Meeting of Empires PRIVATE: WaylanderX & QuintonBeck
    Union of the North Re-Up PRIVATE: Elemental, Lord_Burch, SilverBit (When sent for by the other 2)
    Grand Coalition Thread for Discussing Grand Coalition Changes PRIVATE: Grand Coalition Members
    Heartwaste Pact of 381
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-17 at 09:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! The Grand Ball of 381!

[5:00]
    His hands moved rhythmically against the goatskin between his legs and evoked the tunes like nigh a master would. He was seated in the midst of the drummers, his hair having grown long over the years, but the faded lightningbolt lines and colourful thick dots were still evident in his neck. His moustache had been grown out by request of Shvedrishti, who had braided it with beads after he had oiled it smooth. He felt like he looked positively ridiculous, but the girl beside him drum along happily, if even almost as skillfully as he did. "You have the smack of a master, sir," the man who sat on his other side noted as he leaned forward to look at her handiwork. "Keep your mouth to yourself and commit to the drums, Tío," Paco returned the banter. "Right," the man's head whipped back and he drummed along, wondering how he had ended up here. After delivering the invitation to Paco--itself a journey not undertaken lightly primarily because the man was harder to find than an adamantine needle in a volcano--he had been shanghaied into their venture and was invited along, eventually ending up in the midst of the drumming band at the Grand Ball itself, a place where he hadn't ever thought himself to be in the first place other than as maybe a servant.

Paco was just hoping Greta hadn't found any taiko drums.

"OH YEEEAAAAHHHH!!"

Oh Lord.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

[5:00]

The Razdissi party entered the ball, clad in glittering finery.

Mormaer Razkai II, lord of Eyrecradia and Elbaraz and Sulvan Primarch, was dressed in an ornamental Mithril mail coat, and wearing his steel crown. It was banded with platinum, studded with amber and plated in Mithril. Two fine Razdissi thrusting swords were crossed on his back, above his cloak of mammoth fur and rhino hide.

Beside him stood Prince Ali; the moustachioed Razdissi wore a Mithril mail coat that was plain only by contrast with Razkai's, and a steel circlet set with amber. His cloak was also mammoth fur and rhino hide, and an ornamental Mithril Sulvan battle axe was attached to his back.

Their party stood a few paces back, bearing Clan banners and gifts forged of bronze, steel and Mithril, all set with Wenyavuk amber; swords and spears, whose masterful ornamentation stopped just short of the incredibly sharp edge; cups, grails and goblets decorated with geometric Razdissi patterns; and light mail of Mithril, intended only for the most noble of recipients.

Mormaer Razkai stumps up to the Triumvirate representatives, handing each a shirt forged of Mithril. He manfully ignores the sudden increase in drumming tempo heralded by Greta's shout.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

4. - Top - End - #4

As Lord Cedrik's party enters the room, they receive strange looks- not directed at him, but rather at his guests- people who appear, at first glance, as human, but upon a second look, have subtle differences. One of them- a woman dressed in Bordeusi finery- is introduced as Dutchess Gabrielle, but where she is from or what indeed she is the dutchess of. Two of the guards, of the four accompanying him, wear masks depicting snarling tigers. All three of them have pointed ears, and almost seem to radiate a cold, calculating feeling. The Dutchess has sharp, angular features that seem to make her very appearance cruel by nature.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For any wondering, these people are my take on high elves- I'll explain more in the region post, when I get it up.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"Elder Master Dwarf, Mormaer and Primarch both, you honor us with these gifts," Syana inclined her head with a smile as she looked upon the well wrought mithril mail. The sudden cry of excitement and pounding of drums drew Syana's eyes over to the band and her polite smile gave way to a broad grin and then laughter.

"You'll excuse my laughter Mormaer, the Avatar seems to have found another activity to draw attention for herself," her dark eyes returned to look at the Dwarf lord, "I hope your travel to the west went well? How fairs fine Razdis? It is my understanding your great walls stand complete? Many of my architects responsible for building this Senate House have been requesting a chance to go and look upon your works. Chief among them my lead architect," Syana leaned down the table and caught site of a middle aged and eager Aloren man and she smiled at him, prompting him to stand and come to join the Mormaer in front of her, bowing towards the Dwarf as he did so, "Mormaer, allow me to introduce Kalis Crajus, my lead architect and the man behind the design of this building."

"It is an honor to meet the leader of the finest stone craftsmen Mormaer," Kalis said reverently, "If it would be no trouble, might I offer you a drink in exchange for answering some of my questions regarding your methods?"

As the architect spoke to the Mormaer Syana looked up to see the arrival of new guests, the Bordeusi representatives, but accompanied by strangers who did not fit the looks of the Bordeux aristocracy? Syana's face wrinkled in confusion but she quickly replaced it with a neutral face of invitation.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-13 at 05:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Despite the relatively light tread of the Jarr delegation, somehow their entrance still evokes loudness, perhaps due to the riot of colour infusing their clothing. It rather looks as though elements of the party have adapted their clothing based on local fashions of Lyradis that they have encountered en route, and then coloured the whole thing with their traditional red and purple. King Athelmark, a tall, trim man with long, iron-grey hair and a close-cropped beard, is at the head of his group, wearing a relatively tasteful ensemble of black edged with gold and purple which appears to have been designed to give a greater impression of width. Behind him are a young man and woman who the informed will know to be his children Athelmere and Eirwynn, and behind them a further man in his mid-thirties: Marrik Sunder, Athelmark's nephew by marriage.

Having made his entrance, Athelmark looks around for the Empress, and strides in her direction. He momentarily gives the impression that he's about to hug her, then seems to think better of it.

"Wotcher, milady. Splendid party you have here, so kind of you to invite us. We've brought you some tokens of our appreciation."

Athelmere and Eirwynn step forward to present Syana with their gifts: Athelmere carries a splendid longbow of Jarrland yew, further supplemented by a quiver with arrows. Eirwynn presents a carved wooden boat representing a Horwik fishing vessel. The carving is simple, but characterful, and Eirwynn demonstrates that the deck and masting can be removed to reveal a hold packed with pouches of purple and cochineal. Marrik carries over his shoulder a mighty basket-hilted greatsword of black metal, which he does not present; it seems this weapon is Athelmark's ceremonial sword.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    "Elder Master Dwarf, Mormaer and Primarch both, you honor us with these gifts," Syana inclined her head with a smile as she looked upon the well wrought mithril mail. The sudden cry of excitement and pounding of drums drew Syana's eyes over to the band and her polite smile gave way to a broad grin and then laughter.

"You'll excuse my laughter Mormaer, the Avatar seems to have found another activity to draw attention for herself," her dark eyes returned to look at the Dwarf lord, "I hope your travel to the west went well? How fairs fine Razdis? It is my understanding your great walls stand complete? Many of my architects responsible for building this Senate House have been requesting a chance to go and look upon your works. Chief among them my lead architect," Syana leaned down the table and caught site of a middle aged and eager Aloren man and she smiled at him, prompting him to stand and come to join the Mormaer in front of her, bowing towards the Dwarf as he did so, "Mormaer, allow me to introduce Kalis Crajus, my lead architect and the man behind the design of this building."

"It is an honor to meet the leader of the finest stone craftsmen Mormaer," Kalis said reverently, "If it would be no trouble, might I offer you a drink in exchange for answering some of my questions regarding your methods?"
    Razkai bows low as Syana speaks.
    "I am honoured by your very presence, my lady Syana. No gift could compete with that.

She is the Blazing Avatar? Noble sediment. My son Ali might find her interesting.

Ah, Razdis prospers. We forge new works every passing day, and our mines seem limitless. The walls of Kalpraz stand tall and strong; it is not only my people you should speak highly of, but also the Lyradisians. They aided us in the construction.

Kalis, it is an honour to meet such a man. This building is beyond compare. Ah, a drink. You tempt me sir. What do you wish to know?"
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    *Snip*
    Syana smiled at the new guests, true foreigners in a way that few others were in these halls. Yet despite their odd dress and varying culture they looked in face and skin no different than a thousand other Woodwind or Aloren natives. It was strange indeed to see one so foreign and yet so familiar faces, but she did not dwell long on the thought.

"King Athelmark of the Jarrs I presume," she asked as she accepted the gifts and gave them an appreciative once over, "Thank you for your gifts. You are perhaps one of our guests furthest from home here in these lands, I hope we may provide a comfort you may find adequate. If there is anything you or your family needs, do not hesitate to ask."

"That is a fine sword," she adds, looking at the large blade on his back, "It reminds me of one carried by my blooded great uncle. I must introduce you to the Empress of Hurosha when she arrives, she is as an aunt to me and I'm certain she would appreciate your taste in blades as well."

"But please, let me not talk of that which is unknown to you for now. Dyamusan," she said, turning to address a young man about the age of the Jarr King's daughter, "Take the Jarr Prince and Princess and show them of Ignato hospitality."

"Yes sister," a young man sitting at the table held by the Triumvirate representatives, bearing a marked resemblance to Syana except for his green to her brown eyes stood up from the table, restraining excitement at getting leave the table.

He made his way over to the other young heirs and began to speak and Syana returned her attention to the Jarr king,

"Please, enjoy what foods and drinks we have to offer friend of the south," her voice grew heavier as she next spoke, "and as to the issue you wished to discuss in your letter I hope to speak to you about it later with the others involved."

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    *Snip*
    "It is my belief she is the new Avatar," Syana nodded, "I believe I shall be proven right in that belief tonight," she added, careful to craft an air of nonchalance around her statement but smiling knowingly.

Before another question could be asked Kalis spoke again,

"Whatever you might share!" he said excitedly, "Come, there is a vintage Heartwine I know to lie around here somewhere..." he trailed off as he led the Dwarf lord towards the outer ring of tabling.

((Feel free to mingle and break away from Kalis))
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-13 at 06:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"King Athelmark of the Jarrs I presume," she asked as she accepted the gifts and gave them an appreciative once over, "Thank you for your gifts. You are perhaps one of our guests furthest from home here in these lands, I hope we may provide a comfort you may find adequate. If there is anything you or your family needs, do not hesitate to ask."
    Athelmark laughs. "Milady, if your accommodation includes much more than a log cabin with a rush floor and a few old furs thrown down for warmth around the hearthfire, the comforts here will far exceed what I'm used to at home." There is a twinkle in his eye, which could suggest exaggerated self-deprecation, or merely acknowledgement of his people's relative backwardness in civilisation. "I must say, I am most impressed with this building. If my people ever learn to build palaces as fine as this, I will count my kingdom a success."
    "That is a fine sword," she adds, looking at the large blade on his back, "It reminds me of one carried by my blooded great uncle. I must introduce you to the Empress of Hurosha when she arrives, she is as an aunt to me and I'm certain she would appreciate your taste in blades as well."
    The king purses his lips slightly, as if about to go into further detail about the sword, then nods and smiles. "I look forward to speaking with the Empress when she arrives, if you would be so kind as to introduce me."

"But please, let me not talk of that which is unknown to you for now. Dyamusan," she said, turning to address a young man about the age of the Jarr King's daughter, "Take the Jarr Prince and Princess and show them of Ignato hospitality."

"Yes sister," a young man sitting at the table held by the Triumvirate representatives, bearing a marked resemblance to Syana except for his green to her brown eyes stood up from the table, restraining excitement at getting leave the table.
    Athelmark sends his children on their way with a wave of his hand. Their official duties apparently complete for now, they are all too happy to comply, although as soon as it becomes apparent that further conversation will be required, Athelmere appears to grow slightly nervous, in the manner of so many young people left alone with peers previously unknown to them.
    "So," he ventures, "what is there to do so far north? Do you have hunting here?"
    "Don't be foolish, 'Mere," Eirwynn says, "Of course they'll have hunting here. Unless-" she seems to worry she herself has now made a foolish remark, and blushes slightly as he turns to Dyamusan - "you've moved beyond that. Do you consider hunting to be primitive and barbarous? We are a simple people and don't know how things in the north are done."

"Please, enjoy what foods and drinks we have to offer friend of the south," her voice grew heavier as she next spoke, "and as to the issue you wished to discuss in your letter I hope to speak to you about it later with the others involved."
    "Indeed, milady," he says, with slightly more sobriety, "and thank you again for your hospitality."

With the audience terminated for now, Athelmark dispatches his equerry to fetch drinks for himself and Marrik, and they make their way over to the Bordeux delegation. Identifying a man of similar age in the group, Athelmark thrusts out a hand to him. "Lord Cedrik, I presume? A pleasure to meet you in person finally. And -" he glances in the direction of the Duchess - "might I enquire after your charming companion?"
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-04-13 at 07:18 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

10. - Top - End - #10

redface Re: EMPIRE! The Grand Ball of 381!

Loki Ethmorl sits serenely, nodding and watching the proceedings. After a while he turns to his sons.

I met your mother at the last grand ball, you know.

Yes. You've told us before. Nathanias comments dryly.

Ivar glares at him, but the elderly High Guildmaster just laughs.

Yes, yes I have. But I have a point this time. This is an excellent opportunity to meet future brides. You two should be out about the dance floor looking for some pretty ladies. Now go on. Shoo.

He waves at them spastically until the pair leaves.

Hmpf. You'd think they'd be more enthusiastic about this. I know I was.

He stop talking to himself when the Razdissi present their gift.

Ah, very impressive. You certainly know how to make a good impression, my friend! But I won't keep you from our esteemed architect.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Any unmarried girls in the audience? The Ethmorl boys are open for business. Anyone who want to talk politics can come to Loki or Nathanias.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Show
    Any unmarried girls in the audience? The Ethmorl boys are open for business. Anyone who want to talk politics can come to Loki or Nathanias.
    Show
    Eirwynn is unmarried (as are Athelmere and Marrik, but they're not girls).
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Athelmark sends his children on their way with a wave of his hand. Their official duties apparently complete for now, they are all too happy to comply, although as soon as it becomes apparent that further conversation will be required, Athelmere appears to grow slightly nervous, in the manner of so many young people left alone with peers previously unknown to them.
    "So," he ventures, "what is there to do so far north? Do you have hunting here?"
    "Don't be foolish, 'Mere," Eirwynn says, "Of course they'll have hunting here. Unless-" she seems to worry she herself has now made a foolish remark, and blushes slightly as he turns to Dyamusan - "you've moved beyond that. Do you consider hunting to be primitive and barbarous? We are a simple people and don't know how things in the north are done."
    "Yes, we hunt," Dyamusan laughed, "In fact, it was only two years ago I completed my first boar hunt. It's a ritual in Woodwind for boys to go through to become men. You should have seen this thing, as broad at the shoulders as three men, easy! I take it you all hunt?" he asked as he walked the two guests over to a bar and poured three cups of Heartwine, "I'm afraid I don't know much about things in the south myself. Until a few years ago we all thought it was all Salterri, which, I guess you kinda are...anyway..." he took a swig from his cup to stop him from spewing further nonsense, "I guess back to the point, what do you hunt down there?"

*Snip*
    Syana smiled as her old friend, a man who had known her grandfather, father, and now her and been one of the most loyal and fast allies of the Empire waved wildly at his progeny to get them to go and interact.

"Sometimes they need a push," she said smiling and looking off where Dyamusan was speaking with the southern children. He would need to be introduced to Alice Bordeux properly soon, but that could wait until the Bordeusi envoy came to talk.

"Tell me Loki, what news is there from the land south of your own? Order has been restored and Grizzland now falls under Guild and Triumvirate protection, no? Is there news in regards to the pusdeath?"

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Athelmark laughs. "[COLOR="#800080"]

With the audience terminated for now, Athelmark dispatches his equerry to fetch drinks for himself and Marrik, and they make their way over to the Bordeux delegation. Identifying a man of similar age in the group, Athelmark thrusts out a hand to him. "Lord Cedrik, I presume? A pleasure to meet you in person finally. And -" he glances in the direction of the Duchess - "might I enquire after your charming companion?"
    Indeed I am. And you are, I presume... King Athelmark? Of the Jarrs, yes? A pleasure as well. And this is...

I am Duchess Gabrielle, of the city Eyöm. Although- what is the word in your barbaric tongue? Charming?- I am not. She speaks with a heavy accent, and has a slight hesitation at some words, as if she is new to our language. She offers a hand, slightly clawed at the tips of her fingers.

In an undertone, Cedrik remarks to Athelmark, Watch out for her. Don't ever be alone with her or her guards.

Appearing disinterested, Gabrielle remarks, with a small sigh, Cedrik, dear, you know full well I can hear you.

Of course you can. I said that for your benefit just as much as his.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, we hunt," Dyamusan laughed, "In fact, it was only two years ago I completed my first boar hunt. It's a ritual in Woodwind for boys to go through to become men. You should have seen this thing, as broad at the shoulders as three men, easy! I take it you all hunt?" he asked as he walked the two guests over to a bar and poured three cups of Heartwine, "I'm afraid I don't know much about things in the south myself. Until a few years ago we all thought it was all Salterri, which, I guess you kinda are...anyway..." he took a swig from his cup to stop him from spewing further nonsense, "I guess back to the point, what do you hunt down there?"
    "Northerners," Athelmere says. "We buy them from the Salterri, then let them loose and see how far they make it."

"'Mere!" Eirwynn exclaims, horrified.

Athelmere laughs. "Sorry, just pulling your leg. Mostly deer and moose, some bison. Occasionally bears and lions, but we mostly leave them alone and only go after them when they start coming too near to villages. On the coast I hear they hunt marlin and sharks, although I've never been on one of those hunts. I'm better with a traditional spear than with bow or trident, in any case, so I've never brought down anything impressive." He nods towards where his father is standing with his swordbearer. "My cousin - well, sort-of-cousin - Marrik is reckoned the best archer in the kingdom."

"I'm a better archer than 'Mere," Eirwynn says, to her brother's apparent annoyance, "but I haven't been taken on a proper hunt yet, just shooting squirrels at my father's hall."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    *snip*
    Athelmark seems slightly taken aback, and nods cautiously to Cedrik to indicate he has understood the warning before bending to kiss the Duchess's hand. "A harmless compliment, milady, I meant no offence. I and my people have elven ancestry and you would be considered a great beauty in my kingdom. Might I ask, is Eyöm a city within Bordeux, or are you from yet further afield? I confess that northern geography is largely a mystery to me."
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-04-13 at 08:06 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

15. - Top - End - #15

Syana smiled as her old friend, a man who had known her grandfather, father, and now her and been one of the most loyal and fast allies of the Empire waved wildly at his progeny to get them to go and interact.

"Sometimes they need a push," she said smiling and looking off where Dyamusan was speaking with the southern children. He would need to be introduced to Alice Bordeux properly soon, but that could wait until the Bordeusi envoy came to talk.

"Tell me Loki, what news is there from the land south of your own? Order has been restored and Grizzland now falls under Guild and Triumvirate protection, no? Is there news in regards to the pusdeath?"
    Grizzland is almost fully under our protection, but I lost a rather large portion of my army to that disease in the process. Strangely, troops both home and abroad die in droves, but the civilian population is mostly unaffected. More evidence the Salterri brought it north. I find it easier and easier to sympathize with Nathanias's opinions about them.

The old Guildmaster coughs gently, and drains his glass of wine before continuing.

He reminds me of your grandfather. Not the most reasonable person, but always looking out for his people and his allies.

He smiles in a musing, absent-minded manner.

Don't expect he'd ever wear a dress though.

16. - Top - End - #16

Athelmark seems slightly taken aback, and nods cautiously to Cedrik to indicate he has understood the warning before bending to kiss the Duchess's hand. "A harmless compliment, milady, I meant no offence. I and my people have elven ancestry and you would be considered a great beauty in my kingdom. Might I ask, is Eyöm a city within Bordeux, or are you from yet further afield? I confess that northern geography is largely a mystery to me."
    My dear, the first thing you must learn: no comment is ever harmless. Politics is chess; whether you are a pawn or a player, remains to be seen.

Yes... Well, I do apologize for her. She would not have been my first choice for a companion, but their council insisted. At any rate, Eyöm is due west of your lands, actually. In a recent addition to the Concordant, an area known as Valterre. It is difficult to explain, exactly, where it is; I will send you a map later, perhaps.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-04-13 at 08:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

High Priestess Fabula arrived at the Ball, without the usual attendance of Priests and Head Priests, in her right hand was the Rod of Yphine, and in her left was the hand of Glamora, growing into quite the pretty young girl.

Surprisingly, she wasn't wearing her usual garb, but instead was dressed in a beautifully elegant and elaborate gown of pure white. Her white hair was interspersed with the most brilliant of sapphires.
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

My dear, the first thing you must learn: no comment is ever harmless. Politics is chess; whether you are a pawn or a player, remains to be seen.
    Athelmark raises his eyebrows."A pawn, milady? I may be inexperienced at chess, but I am a king all the same."

Yes... Well, I do apologize for her. She would not have been my first choice for a companion, but their council insisted. At any rate, Eyöm is due west of your lands, actually. In a recent addition to the Concordant, an area known as Valterre. It is difficult to explain, exactly, where it is; I will send you a map later, perhaps.
    "No apology necessary, old chap, entirely my fault. Say, this map wouldn't be printed by any chance, would it? I know you're reluctant to trade the presses, but I would appreciate your advice about them. I'm trying to raise my people to a standard of literacy - seems to me it's an important part of being civilised to be able to read - but then there are those, like my nephew here, who reckon it's just going to cause problems. Give folk ideas above their station and that sort of thing. Have you had any issues like that?"
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

19. - Top - End - #19

Athelmark raises his eyebrows."A pawn, milady? I may be inexperienced at chess, but I am a king all the same."
    A king is still a piece; one that the others rally behind, yes, but one that is played all the same. Well, I must be off. Something intriguing has entered the room.

"No apology necessary, old chap, entirely my fault. Say, this map wouldn't be printed by any chance, would it? I know you're reluctant to trade the presses, but I would appreciate your advice about them. I'm trying to raise my people to a standard of literacy - seems to me it's an important part of being civilised to be able to read - but then there are those, like my nephew here, who reckon it's just going to cause problems. Give folk ideas above their station and that sort of thing. Have you had any issues like that?"
    Knowledge is power. The key is to control that power. Once given, however, power cannot easily be taken back. The lesson is to nurture it, grow it, but never to restrict in all but the most subtle of ways. My people fear me. They know what my justice is, and they know not to cross it. To be loved is to put your power in the hands of others, to be feared is to take that power into your own hands.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

A king is still a piece; one that the others rally behind, yes, but one that is played all the same. Well, I must be off. Something intriguing has entered the room.
    "A pity, milady, I was so enjoying our conversation. I hope to speak with you again later."

Knowledge is power. The key is to control that power. Once given, however, power cannot easily be taken back. The lesson is to nurture it, grow it, but never to restrict in all but the most subtle of ways. My people fear me. They know what my justice is, and they know not to cross it. To be loved is to put your power in the hands of others, to be feared is to take that power into your own hands.
    "So," Marrik says, "the trick may not be so much as to prevent the people from learning to read, as controlling what they read once they can. Of course, that would be easier were they unable to read in the first place."

"Alas!" Athelmark exclaims theatrically, "I fear you have confirmed him in his preconceptions. However, milord, you speak of love and fear as if they are opposites. Is it not possible to be both loved and feared, as I both love and fear my wife? Fear without love seems a poor trade-off with no more guarantee of security. Take my... ah, friend, Qzare Xiu Wandao, for instance. He was feared by many, and loved by none. Now he is your prisoner and power over him is in your hands regardless."
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-04-13 at 08:52 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

*Snip*
    Dyamus reeled back for an instant, disbelief and horror mixed on his face before the young man's sister intervened and relief followed by a laugh took it's place,

"I'm a spear hunter too, most Woodwind men are. It's what we're trained in longest. I can shoot a bow and I know a little Ashenian swordplay my uncle taught me, but nothing compared to a real swordsman. Are swords very common in the south?"

Dyamus kept most of his attention on the southern visitors but couldn't help but look towards the Bordeusi delegation, he was to be betrothed to Lord Cedrik's daughter Alice but he hadn't ever seen the girl and they'd only written a few times. His sister had told him of her and Korath's love letters and tried to help him compose ones for the Bordeux girl but they never seemed to get off the ground. He was hoping there might be more passion in person. Still, he couldn't see her with all the people moving about. He supposed he'd be sent for when he was to meet her, but he couldn't help but want to see early.

*snip*
    "I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it," Syana said, looking down at her own dress and flashing the old Guildmaster a grin.

She had always felt relaxed and open around the Guildmaster, likely due to having known the man all her life. He was right about his son, he was definitely more aggressive than his father. If all the stories were true about her grandfather though the young man had a ways to go before he equaled the man known as Doomkhan. In any case she wasn't worried about his more hardlined inclination, with the official forming of the Triumvirate the three nations would be able to check one another and though the initial proposal may have been intended to check her grandfather it served just as well for any of the three members.

"This disease is proving to be quite a problem. I wish there was something we could do to remove it from the world," Syana said before waiting a moment and changing the subject, "Do you have any particular hopes for him finding someone? I imagine we could use some family to the south or east."

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    *snip*
    Syana noted the arrival of the high priestess with a smile, she had not yet met the High Priestess, though King Tendaji had praised her and she had heard more tales than she could have ever wanted from Paco during his visits to Triumvirate lands.

"Is that another Avatar for the club?" Korath asked, having come up silently behind her.

She jumped slightly then turned and smiled at her husband, "I believe she is to be the next High Priestess in Sycia, so she should be out of running for Avatar-ship. Besides, you said you agreed with me that it's Greta."

"I never said I agreed with you."

Syana turned and glared at her husband mockingly but he only smiled.

"I came to tell you your uncle wishes to go speak with her and I don't think I'm needed here so I plan to join him."

"Of course," Syana nodded, "Take Kilwen and let him speak religion with her, though you may regret your decision to accompany him."

Korath said nothing, only nodding his head slightly and going to gather Kilwen and Avie from the other end of the table. A short time later she saw them approaching the High Priestess.

=================

The three men approach High Priestess Fabula, the two oldest are dressed as members of the Radurjic Chuo wa Mashahidi and the third stands apart with his fair Ashenite features and fine, but clearly secular Ashenite dress.

"Blessings of the Great Ancestor upon you High Priestess," one of the older men, the slightly darker of the two said, bowing his head along with the other Radurjic priest, the Ashenite nodding politely.

"I am Shahidi Kilwen Ignato," he bowed.

"And I am Shahidi Avie Barasa," the other man spoke.

"I am Prince Korath Toranath Ignato, husband to the Empress Ignato," the Ashenite said, "You honor our Ball with your presence. I hope your journey went well?" he asked in an attempt to delay his uncle in law from launching into religious speak and leaving him in the dark.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-13 at 09:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

4:00
    Two columns of elephants lead Raaneka to the Grand Ball, the foremost two with sumptuous palanquins upon their backs. Lomadi and Ujval Devdano, newly crowned Queen and King of the Royal Council of Raaneka, rode within one palanquin, while the second carried Princess Anguri, Prince Krama, and their consort, Seri. Chests full of jewelry adorned many other elephants, and barrels of Raaneki food on the others.

5:00
    Queen Lomadi and King Ujval approached Empress Syana, dressed exquisitely in Nyrothian silk. Princess Anguri and Prince Krama followed with Seri, but most intriguing was the young woman accompanying the Queen and King. Her skin had browned from long summers in the sun, but she was unmistakeably a woman of the arctic north. She wore a bold dress of sheer silk the color of a clear sky. Over this, she wore a jerkin of ornate brocade, adorned with patterns and images of her people. The neckline of the jerkin plunged nearly to her navel, though the sheer dress beneath preserved just enough of her modesty for such an international event. She chatted with the Queen as the party made their way to Syana.

"Empress!" exclaimed King Ujval, offering his hand to the woman. "Thank you so dearly for your invitation. We have come with food for your guests, but please," he said as a painted servant approached with a small chest. "accept this humble gift." The servant opened the chest to reveal a necklace of dark gold starbursts, each set with an emerald and surrounded by rubies. "Gold, to match your radiance. Emerald, to match the beauty of Woodwind's forests."
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Paco was just hoping Greta hadn't found any taiko drums.

"OH YEEEAAAAHHHH!!"

Oh Lord.
    Humperdink laughs. "I've just started to see a few of my children grow into their middle years... quite an experience, wouldn't you agree?" He laughs, watching a few of those mentioned young ones "dance" in the center of the floor. As they continue --getting worse and worse with every moment, in danger now of international dancing incident-- Humperdink turns to fully face Paco.

"So... any tips on how to grow a mustache?"

Show
    Show

Heck yeah. Several teen kids of Humperdink from one of his earlier marriages.

"Ah, Loki! I hear many fine things of your Triumverate to the south, and I watch with eager eyes. A toast to your efforts at peace, perhaps?" Humperdink arrives, carrying with him what is now a characteristic bottle of miracle Heartwine, mixed with a bit of fine Guilderene hops.

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    High Priestess Fabula arrived at the Ball, without the usual attendance of Priests and Head Priests, in her right hand was the Rod of Yphine, and in her left was the hand of Glamora, growing into quite the pretty young girl.

Surprisingly, she wasn't wearing her usual garb, but instead was dressed in a beautifully elegant and elaborate gown of pure white. Her white hair was interspersed with the most brilliant of sapphires.
    It is not Humperdink, but his son Inigo who greats Fabula. "Dear Priestess, I apologize that my father is busy." He bows low to the ground as only young dancers can, and kisses her hand. "But I relieve myself with the hope that I may prove to be at least as interesting as he. My training for future Doge has begun, though I am but a boy, and I come with great purpose..." His eyes range to the hand of Glamora, and lingers long on her beautiful face and form.

"Glad I am that he chose this mission for me. Perhaps there is a greater movement of the higher powers at work? I hope it was destiny that brought us together." He bows and winks at the young girl before returning his attention to the priestess. "My father wished me to speak to you about the matter." Another wink and a wide, mischevious, grin.

Spoiler: For HisHolyAngel ONLY!
    Show

[OOC: I'm thinking Grain/Pegasi for protection... and I do note that Inigo has need of a religious teacher, as well. ]

[COLOR="#800080"]
    "Alas!" Athelmark exclaims theatrically, "I fear you have confirmed him in his preconceptions. However, milord, you speak of love and fear as if they are opposites. Is it not possible to be both loved and feared, as I both love and fear my wife? Fear without love seems a poor trade-off with no more guarantee of security. Take my... ah, friend, Qzare Xiu Wandao, for instance. He was feared by many, and loved by none. Now he is your prisoner and power over him is in your hands regardless."
    A small, quiet man sidles up behind Athelmark, making little splash for his movement. Still, he is watching with measured, wise eye. Every action of the most interesting man is taken note of, and the small fellow looks equally as interested beneath his glasses.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    *Snip*
    Syana placed her hand in the Raaneki King's own and gave him a warm smile as his servants opened the chest.

"It is absolutely gorgeous!" she said, lifting it gingerly from it's padded place,

"You brighten the entire country with your arrival neighbors of the dawn," she smiled brightly as she lifted the necklace to her neck, turning her head and so that a servant could reach and fasten it around her.

She looked down at it and smiled once again at its beauty, "Please, bring forth what you will," she turned to address the servant who had just fastened her necklace, "Would you have the empty plates cleared and room made for the Raaneki foods."

"It shall be done Empress," the man disappeared down stairs behind the low dais and began to direct other servants to begin clearing room on the table for the fine Raaneki fair.

"Now please, enjoy our-" the Empress was interrupted as two young girls, bearing an almost sister-like resemblance to one another if not for their highly contrasted complexion, both dressed in Woodwind finery tugged on the Empress's dress and stood on their tip toes to whisper in her ear.

Syana smiled slowly and apologetically at the Raaneki, "Forgive me friends, but it seems my daughter and my niece would very much like to go and see your elephants if that might be possible?"

Syana smiled apologizing with her eyes for their interruption as the two girls stood beside her, silent but their eyes filled with hope and excitement.

*Snip*
    Syana smiled at Humperdink's speech with Loki. Nodding politely and when appropriate and waiting for an opportunity to inquire on her cousin and her husband the brave adventurer Columbo.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-04-13 at 11:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Not far behind the High Priestess Fabula came another retinue of nobles and their guard, though perhaps ones slightly different than the kind that usually arrive.

First is a squad of six men and women, unidentifiable in their coats of mail and full helmets, bearing shields marked with a single snowflake: Knights of Hoarfrost. They're a ceremonial guard, armed only with their heater shields and (sheathed) war knives rather than full regalia, but they march nonetheless with all the vigilance required of their Holy Order. Next come four Frosten, more lightly armored in silk, but still carrying war knives.

After these, an eleventh figure strode in, standing straight with both hands behind his back. He was the quintessential figure of a Frosten Man, with bright blue skin with prominent but not too prominent white striations along his arteries, a hairless face with slightly cleft chin, and long white locks of immaculate hair atop his head. His build is lean but muscular, and he stands two Pryonian centimeters above even the tallest of his own retainers. His armor is ceremonial and quite ancient in design, forged from braided Bronze with a cured leather weave, but well-kept and impressive-looking nevertheless. A luxurious red silk cape flows behind his shoulders, solidifying his already imposing figure. At his hip, he carries a sheathed seax much like the ones carried by his retainers, though clearly finer and more expensive. Finally, as if this were all not quite enough to push the point home, the polished bronze crown inlaid with Tears of Yphine atop his head certainly is: This is King Hroar the Hyperborean, Lord of the Glazfell.

Two more followed him in closely, a boy and a girl, both sharing some family resemblance but without the same fanfare and sheer impact: The first is Prince-heir Unfurc, a sullen lad of age sixteen, while the latter is Princess Ancir, a still-cheery young girl of age fourteen. Princess Encir did not come; she is currently betrothed to Emperor Kuramkesh of Sanctuary, and it would be a breach of etiquette to appear alone in public prior to the finalization of their marriage. Both are clad in silk garments appropriate to their station, and wear simple circlets inlaid with a single tear.

Finally two members of the rearguard (arrayed the same as the other four retainers) end the procession along with a well-dressed Frosten carrying the flag of Hroar's line and a trumpet.

"Announcing the arrival of his majesty King Hroar, Lord of the Glazfell, along with Prince Unfurc and Princess Ancir!"

And a few speedy notes on the trumpet finished the announcement.

The Knights of Hoarfrost soon abandoned the Glazfell procession in favor of their assigned role of safeguarding the Sycian procession, which in turn left the remaining ten members to stand around. Soon enough the party split fully, however: Three guards shadowed Prince-heir Unfurc as he searched for a taste of fine liquor to pass him through the night, whereas the other three were concerned with keeping an eye on Princess Ancir to ensure that she be kept safely out of trouble. King Hroar himself seemed content with the company of his herald alone, at the very least, though he watched with a stony gaze at the proceedings around him.

"It has been too long indeed."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm a spear hunter too, most Woodwind men are. It's what we're trained in longest. I can shoot a bow and I know a little Ashenian swordplay my uncle taught me, but nothing compared to a real swordsman. Are swords very common in the south?"
    Athelmere shakes his head. "Not in our kingdom, at least. The Salterri use them, of course, but iron is not so plentiful in Jarrland that we can manufacture swords in large quantities, nor for that matter do we have many blacksmiths capable of making good swords, so our soldiers tend to carry spears. Only among the hill clans are swords remotely commonplace among soldiers. We certainly would not be able to create anything as fine as the Salterri sword Marrik is bearing for my father. Most nobles are trained with the sword, though, and my father is reckoned a good swordsman, at least by the standards of our people. For my part, I am still learning."

Eirwynn seems to have noticed Dyamus glancing towards the Bordeusi. "Do you know Lord Cedrik well, Prince Dyamus? I know my father was keen to speak to him about his literacy project. He's intent on introducing printing to our kingdom, though barely anybody can read... And were those people with him really elves? Our people descend from ancient elven colonists, but I have never seen a true elf in person."
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2014-04-14 at 12:56 AM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

A herald entered the great rotunda of the Senate Building, his long robe a deep scarlet, to announce the guests who arrived after the King of Glazfell. He unfurled a large vellum scroll before reading it aloud to the room at large.
    "It is my duty and honour to announce the arrival of the Sovereign of Ashenia, His Serene Majesty Hazael Toranath III and members of his esteemed family into the presence of the Empress of the Ignato Empire, the High Guildmaster of Hrathan and Tuor and the King of Genivana! Blessings upon them and may the spirits smile upon their deeds!"
    The herald bent down on one knee as those announced, a dozen guards and five servants bearing cedar chests and a large rug entered in procession. The guards wore scarlet capes over the finest mithril armour, their shields on their arms and their swords sheathed at their sides, and the servants were attired in robes of pale grey.
    The King, his eyes not accustomed to bright lights and his ears not accustomed to loud music, looked a bit furtive and unsure of himself. Still, he managed to appear somewhat regal in his long white robe, saffron stole and long black cape, embroidered with an image of an eagle and the moon in gold. His silver-white hair was braided with black ribbons, and on top, he wore what was to some, the fabled state crown of Ashenia that contained a priceless collection of sapphires and diamonds. At it's centre was what some said was the largest sapphire in the world. They are wrong of course, it's a blue diamond.
    The Princess Regent on the other hand was dressed much more simply. Her gown was of plain black silk and the crown she wore was of unadorned iron. Her sons were dressed in formal military attire, scarlet robes embroidered in black with images of galloping horses worn over intricate mithril mail. Amalia Cordelia Noth wore a traditional Celerese gown, much to the annoyance of her dressmaker, with but one major concession to Ashenite dress in the form of a circlet of silver filligree.
    They paused for a moment after entering the room before walking at a processional pace towards the dais where the leaders of the Triumvirate were seated. Their party, save for the King and Princess Regent knelt before the Empress and her associates. Hazael III spoke up, his voice faltering slightly:
    "Greetings to you. We- We are honoured that you have invited us to be present at this most- This most auspicious of occasions."
    Despite his words, he looked more nervous than honoured. He nodded to his sister who began to speak for him.
    "My brother and I feel that it would be remiss for us to not honour you in turn. As such, we have decided to contribute to the splendour of this magnificent structure."
    The five servants stood and moved forwards at this. The two carrying the rug knelt before the King and Regent and unrolled it, revealing a woven image of a herd of galloping horses that was almost lifelike in the colours the weavers had painstakingly selected. Silver highlights glinted in the pattern and around the edge was a border of deep red and black in a soft geometric pattern. The other three knelt and opened the chests they carried. Two contained silver dishes and the third was packed with books, their leather covers accented with golden decorations and clasps.
    "It is our hope that these gifts will serve you well."

Show
    See? The King lives. Idrisa did not have her own brother murdered.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-04-14 at 05:43 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #28

Before the Grand Ball, near the Kasumor-Woodwind border

"So, that's it, miss. We've resupplied all them supplies we need."
    Eleljak said, carrying a final box of dried squid into the hovercraft the group used to travel.
    "Good good, then I think we can leave."
    Nyllana looked around to see everyone was there.
    "Oké, so we've got Irion, Eleljak and Paryna, Wayve, Helga and Yarick and Riphal and Kokuei."
    Nyllana sighed. "So, did anyone spot that giant, blue, cheerfull monolith by the way?"
    Wayve chuckled, "Yes mother, he is right ther..........."
    His face distorted into a expression of total disbelief.
    Eleljak snorted and asked while following his gaze: "What's the matter, this is not the first time you've seen Gr..........."
    And his face distorted as wel.
    Following their gazes, Nyllana's mouth dropped open.
    Grïend was coming their way alright. However, not in his....usual manner.
    He had shaped himself like a giant ball of crystal, round and smooth. Behind him, a bunch of laughing children pushed him forwards like he was a toy.
    He rolled past, exclaiming a semi-sarcastic, semi cheerfull and monotonous "WWEEEEEEE" along the way.
    "T-T-T-That's....not something you see every day.", Irion remarked, trying to stand upright against waves and waves of uncontrolable laughter.
    Every member of the group was now holding on to eachother, trying to stay upright, although Wayve, Helga and Kokuei failed to do so.
    "G-G-Grïend, playtime is o-o-over, time to leave!" Nyllana managed to shout to him.
    "VERY WELL.....EMPRESS...." Grïend said, unrolling himself and saying his goodbyes to the children.
    Once they were all settled and ready to go, although some of the group still snorted as they looked at Grïend, they set off to the Grand Ball once more.
    "Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad day after all...."
    Nyllana thought, a smile adorning her face.

At the Grand Ball

A wizzing sound could be heard from outside, after which the Hurosha Empire's delegation stepped inside. First came Irion and Eleljak, two Ambassadors of the provinces of the Hurosha Empire. Irion was clad in black-red cotton robes, accentuated by dire bear and wolf fur. Despite his age, he walked straight and with pride, although with the help of a shintioute tipped walking stick. Eleljak on the other hand, was clad in full adamantine mail, his trusty crossbow hanging at his side. They both strided inside with pride and dignity, eyes scanning for any sign of hostility, as if they espected some.

After them, Helga and Yarick and Riphal and Kokuei entered, each husband taking his wife by the arm. All were clad in flowing clothing made of cotton and inlaid with amber and quartz, with hoods made of fur.

When the way was clear, Nyllana and her two children, Wayve and Paryna entered the ballroom. Wayve was dressed in light Kasumori wargear, his adamantine chain bearing the stylized Cloudiz symbol of the Hurosha Empire. He wore a giant battleaxe with a black-red blade and a heavy ornate handle. Paryna was dressed in a black with white gown, a light chain vest visible under her gown and a rapier at her side.

Nyllana was dressed in an ornate plate armor, covering most of her upper body and with plates protecting the upper region of her tail, giving her the appearance of a warrior goddess of old. She wore a beautiful helmet adorned with Tânedhan featheres and inlaid amber (OOC: She looks like a Cloudiz clad in valkyrie armor, visually).
    Spoiler: Armor Appearence
    Show

The look in her eyes was ice cold when she scanned the room, appearently looking for someone.

Last entering the room was Grïend, leader of the Menhîrin. Standing an impressive 5 meters tall, he wore a pair of expertly crafted adamentine bracers, inlaid with the finest quartz and amber. He invoked a sense of pride and steadfastness in the way he moved, slow, steady and with purpose.

They walked towards the middle, searching for their hosts.
    "Let's get this over with...."
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-04-14 at 06:05 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

29. - Top - End - #29

"So," Marrik says, "the trick may not be so much as to prevent the people from learning to read, as controlling what they read once they can. Of course, that would be easier were they unable to read in the first place."

Looking towards Marrik, Of course, if they cannot read, they cannot advance. It is better for all your people to have the ability to read so that they can learn then none be able to. If none can, then you will stagnate where you are, for innovation and creativity is stifled in all but a select few.
    To Athelmark he replies, It is a good thing to be both feared and loved by your people, as my father was. But it is also better to be feared because your people will follow you into any hardship; they will fear you more then any hardships they face.

Gabrielle had smelled something interesting on the air; something rarely seen, something that scratched at the back of her mind. She felt as though she recognized this scent, but she couldn't place who or what would produce it. She sees who she is looking for in apparent conversation with three men; she knows it would be polite to wait till they are done speaking. But then, why should I care about their barbaric ways? Gabrielle approaches High Priestess Fabula from behind the men, and to the left of them, gold hair and ruby eyes flashing.

30. - Top - End - #30

"I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it," Syana said, looking down at her own dress and flashing the old Guildmaster a grin.

She had always felt relaxed and open around the Guildmaster, likely due to having known the man all her life. He was right about his son, he was definitely more aggressive than his father. If all the stories were true about her grandfather though the young man had a ways to go before he equaled the man known as Doomkhan. In any case she wasn't worried about his more hardlined inclination, with the official forming of the Triumvirate the three nations would be able to check one another and though the initial proposal may have been intended to check her grandfather it served just as well for any of the three members.

"This disease is proving to be quite a problem. I wish there was something we could do to remove it from the world," Syana said before waiting a moment and changing the subject, "Do you have any particular hopes for him finding someone? I imagine we could use some family to the south or east."
    I prefer to let them figure it out for themselves. Better for their moral, you know. But Nathanias is always thinking in terms of politics, he at least will pick someone we can use an alliance with.

Show

Heck yeah. Several teen kids of Humperdink from one of his earlier marriages.

"Ah, Loki! I hear many fine things of your Triumverate to the south, and I watch with eager eyes. A toast to your efforts at peace, perhaps?" Humperdink arrives, carrying with him what is now a characteristic bottle of miracle Heartwine, mixed with a bit of fine Guilderene hops.
    Loki smiles wryly.

Peace is good for the economy. No matter how many times Syana tells me I'm going to be lord of the Senate, I still think like a Guildmaster.

He holds out his now empty glass for Humperdink's special drink.

Show
    If you want to arrange for some of those daughters to run into Nathanias and/or Ivar, be my guest. FYI, Nathanias is in his early 30s and is a bit of a grouse, while Ivar is in his 20s and is much more approachable.