New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Mr.Silver has brought your fix: Random Banter #206

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Since I didn't want to start a separate thread about it, there is currently a full lunar eclipse happening right now. Can be seen by the western hemisphere, but they have the live stream going for everyone else.
    We only got a partial eclipse here in Australia. It still looked pretty cool though. ^_^

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    [new thread intensifies]

Hey guys, I'm back from Ireland. Summary of Ireland: Dublin, field, field, sheep, field, cows, sheep, sheep, field, cows, field, sheep, field, field, cows, sheep. And a bit of trees. Plus some mountains in the distance.

Going back this summer. My cousins are great.
    Sounds quite interesting, I think. Glad you had fun Fynni (does trying to spell it that way even work? meh).

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *gavottes*
    *fast-forwards about 350 years*
    *boogies*

How are you folks? I've been absent due to play stuffs. And baking. But hey - I learned that I shouldn't use hand towels as oven mitts because the dangly parts could very nearly catch fire!
    Hi there Dimo! Have you been well? Other than the nearly catching fire...that sounds rather unpleasant. Ooh what kinda baking?

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    The owls are not what they seem
    -_- ...you just had to say that and scare me for the rest of the day. never seen the series but I know exactly what you are referring to...

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    i had to close my other internet tab, because i had accidentally entered the dark side of youtube

Heh I love this picture. Nice choice. But truly, YouTube can get scary. Or annoying. Either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Oh, 'tis wonderful sitting in the garden on a sunny morning, watching big chickens and little chickens and sparrows zip around and collect all they can from the ground, while drawing and dozing.

Also, I loathe when one eats all but one of something, and then peers at the last one as one is about to eat it and discovers it has a dot of blue mold.
    Ah, hello Cuth! ^_^ You really like watching the birds then? I can imagine it would be nice to see. But...oh dear. I've had that feeling too. It's enough to make me sick on its own. I hope you are okay. You probably got the ones that were still good though, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    I has a new sword!

Spoiler
    Show

Well, it is a tiny sword... the blade length is only 27 cm, but that will do for now.
    Ooh nice! I love the design on the blade. Congrats on the new sword.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Pregnancy Scare #4 With Sister, activate!

Appropriate Gif of my Mood.
    Well, the link is certainly hilarious. Saved that to my Funny folder, gotta show my friends later. Maybe when they say something on Skype where that response is appropriate.

But seriously...those sister shenanigans. Hope it's just a scare I guess. Also hope...never mind, can't say that stuff online.

Haha! This is utterly brilliant. Saved too. Wow, this is great Asta.

ION: Pretty nice morning so far. A good calm before the storm, in a manner of speaking. Must clean the house, must do more work stuff, must take some time off the computer to exercise, must hope the computer doesn't screw up again like every day now...but at least the morning is nice. I'm a lot less worried than I should be. This must be good. I think I'll get some cocoa, keep this mood going a while more.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can you really have a home without there being a pet in it? Budgie, cat, dog, ferret...
    It is awful to have to move all the time and not have a pet. That is why I got a betta tank right away when I moved to this house. Even that was more than I had before. He has been on expensive betta food for a few months now and it has made his color stronger. And he will still not eat tiny flies when they fall in the tank.

Oh, 'tis wonderful sitting in the garden on a sunny morning, watching big chickens and little chickens and sparrows zip around and collect all they can from the ground, while drawing and dozing.

Also, I loathe when one eats all but one of something, and then peers at the last one as one is about to eat it and discovers it has a dot of blue mold.
    What a wonderful way to draw!

But finding the mold is not so good. I hope nothing else you ate tasted moldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Indeed. I only recently figured out that suicide by sticking one's head in the oven was accomplished by inhaling the gas. I used to think it was by slowly burning your head to a crisp, and wondered why somebody wouldn't try something faster.

I am disappointed every day I come home to nobudgie. ;___; But there are a lot of factors at play here, the aforementioned mice being one of them.

It sounds transcendent, aside from the mold. You know what I look forward to? A glass of chilled white wine in the garden of a scorching June afternoon. The garden is bristling with adolescent vegetables, and fluffy birds are mucking around on the fence.

At work today a letter came in the mail from Belgium. It is handwritten on very nice paper in charmingly imperfect English. Unfortunately they are looking for information we do not have, but it was such a treat nevertheless. I shall reply in kind.
    That confused me too when I was a kid. It was dangerous but that was because it hurt. And somehow I figured out that people were doing it to not be hurt but could not figure out how a hot oven did not hurt.

Why are mice a problem for budgies?

Good. As long as the birds are on the fence and not eating the adolescent vegetables.

Who still hand writes letters?

ION:Scything is fun but slightly scary. I stood the scythe on the ground and tossed a dandelion stem at it. It was cut in two. Made me quite nervous when I was putting the sheath on. That thing is sharp, man.
    But a dandelion stem weighs nothing and it bends!
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

hello banterers, i've had an interesting few days, i went to my mate's (Australian (Noun): Friend) 18th birthday, we went to an all you can eat restaurant, and continued our tradition of making the most vile drink possible
    Spoiler: don't read if squeamish
    Show
    yeah, the drink was bad, it was originally about half a cup of red fanta, then the following ingredients, and then some, were added: a whole shrimp, tiramisu, icecream, a spoonful of tart, sticky black rice, etc
    it wasn't as bad as i first expected, it was kind of sweet, but then someone drank some, and they spat it into a cup, the contents of that cup were then poured back into the drink, after that we refused to touch it

Spoiler: this picture make me laugh
    Show

Spoiler: this one makes me upset
    Show
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-04-15 at 11:57 AM.
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: this picture make me laugh
    Show
    Funny! Although I doubt the authencity of it. Too much strangeness to it. Plus, why would it be written backwards?

Show
    Okay, that implosion is beautiful!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Ah, hello Cuth! ^_^ You really like watching the birds then? I can imagine it would be nice to see. But...oh dear. I've had that feeling too. It's enough to make me sick on its own. I hope you are okay. You probably got the ones that were still good though, hopefully.
    It's peaceful.

I know. 'Cause you haven't noticed it and then at the end you do. "What have I eaten??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    What a wonderful way to draw!

But a dandelion stem weighs nothing and it bends!
    It was.

This is one of the fake dandelions. With a stem about the width of a penny?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

ION: Today as I was outside, all six chickens scratching for small wriggly things, some sparrows joined them. Here is one, which got rather close.

Spoiler
    Show
    What a cute little guy. Great photo too.

Teddy and now you have spoken of scything before. I want to know what it's like.

Why are mice a problem for budgies?

Good. As long as the birds are on the fence and not eating the adolescent vegetables.

Dear Taetillator,

The mice will go into their cage at night and eat seeds, waking and terrifying the poor fluffs. It has happened before.

I have learned the hard way that I need to guard my strawberries with mesh: but what about the raspberries? How can you enclose a sprawling giant thorn demon? What about grapes? I fear for my precious fruitables, all of which should produce hugely now that they have had their two summers to establish. ;___; Help me.

A poster here who is very rarely seen anymore and I carry on a written correspondence. I love letter mail. I post letters to my friend who lives a 10-minute walk away.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2014-04-15 at 01:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Dear Taetillator,

The mice will go into their cage at night and eat seeds, waking and terrifying the poor fluffs. It has happened before.
    Get some pet rats. They're very friendly and mice won't go where they smell rat. For an explanation, see Rat mouse-killing behavior.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #70

When I was young, we didn't have any fancy computer-boxes, no siree, we didn't. We had to write all our letters by hand, and we had actual message boards -- corkboards where we'd scribble notes on actual paper, and post them with actual thumbtacks. We didn't have your fancy vBulletin software, no siree, we didn't.</rant>

Show
    So much hard work ruined. Some might say that the GIF of the pyramid's implosion was art in and of itself, but it would still pretty damn annoying to watch your masterpiece fall to dust. I cannot tell what the materials used for building were. They seemed like dominoes (without the pips), but I can't tell.
    Last edited by Solse; 2014-04-15 at 01:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

What a cute little guy. Great photo too.

Teddy and now you have spoken of scything before. I want to know what it's like.
    Thanks. There is a pair of them who feed in the backyard. Somehow, none of the birds have realized that it is safer and better to go straight to the birdfeeder rather than eating seeds under it.

Well... you swing an extremely sharp blade in a scything method. Waaay funner than a lawnmower. The problem is getting the angle just right so as to cut the maximum of grass. Also edges of things. I want to use one in a big open field sometime. I may have to visit Teddy someday, we'll see.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    So much hard work ruined. Some might say that the GIF of the pyramid's implosion was art in and of itself, but it would still pretty damn annoying to watch your masterpiece fall to dust. I cannot tell what the materials used for building were. They seemed like dominoes (without the pips), but I can't tell.
    Yeah, that's what they are. Some company somewhere realized that people like making domino structures and decided to sell domino-sized plastic rectangles in very large quantities for that purpose. Cheaper, and a set of dominoes is too small to build much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Well... you swing an extremely sharp blade in a scything method. Waaay funner than a lawnmower. The problem is getting the angle just right so as to cut the maximum of grass. Also edges of things. I want to use one in a big open field sometime. I may have to visit Teddy someday, we'll see.
    This, mostly. There's actually a lot of technique to it, because not only do you want to maximise the amount of grass cut, you also want to keep an as sharp angle to the grass as possible to cut it properly, especially if your scythe isn't as sharp as Cuth's.

And you'll be very welcome, Cutie-Lion! We can always use another hand to keep those fields properly tended to. The trees kind of want to reclaim them...

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground

I have learned the hard way that I need to guard my strawberries with mesh: but what about the raspberries? How can you enclose a sprawling giant thorn demon? What about grapes? I fear for my precious fruitables, all of which should produce hugely now that they have had their two summers to establish. ;___; Help me.

A poster here who is very rarely seen anymore and I carry on a written correspondence. I love letter mail. I post letters to my friend who lives a 10-minute walk away.
    I don't have any advice but I'd like to say congrats on having an awesome garden! All our garden makes is onions and I dislike those. Also potatoes but Roger is dumb and just lets them rot after picking them because...well, Quebecios. You know how it is.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have any advice but I'd like to say congrats on having an awesome garden! All our garden makes is onions and I dislike those. Also potatoes but Roger is dumb and just lets them rot after picking them because...well, Quebecios. You know how it is.
    But! But, homegrown potatoes are the best! They're not even hard to store, how could you fail at that? Or does he just refuse to cook them?

Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    But! But, homegrown potatoes are the best! They're not even hard to store, how could you fail at that? Or does he just refuse to cook them?
    Refuses to cook with them. Just lets them sit in boxes.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Refuses to cook with them. Just lets them sit in boxes.
    Is he the only person who cooks in your house? And who is Roger?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

18. - Top - End - #78

Is he the only person who cooks in your house? And who is Roger?
    Roger is my Mom's partner. He cooks but 95% of the time he only cooks for himself.

*pokes about things I've requested. Sorry to nag!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Roger is my Mom's partner. He cooks but 95% of the time he only cooks for himself.

*pokes about things I've requested. Sorry to nag!
    Ah. And nobody else uses taters?

multiple things? i can only think of the one
    Show
    You're my favorite.

20. - Top - End - #80

Ah. And nobody else uses taters?

multiple things? i can only think of the one
    They're his so we're not allowed.

Well also the DND game I suppose would be counted as a thing!

Also "hiiii"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Well also the DND game I suppose would be counted as a thing!

Also "hiiii"
    Then why does he grow them?

but that isn't a request...

hi
    Show
    You're my favorite.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

That... Just why?

[SIZE=1]but that isn't a request...
    Now it is!

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Now it is!
    Well then consider the request fulfilled.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

24. - Top - End - #84

Then why does he grow them?

but that isn't a request...

hi
    Upon thinking on it, he DOES cook the potatoes sometimes. He boils them, only for himself, in a pot.

Well then consider the request fulfilled.
    Yay, I maybe won't die possibly maybe!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Upon thinking on it, he DOES cook the potatoes sometimes. He boils them, only for himself, in a pot.

Yay, I maybe won't die possibly maybe!
    Are you allowed to grow anything in the garden for yourself?

Hopefully...

...not.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

26. - Top - End - #86

Are you allowed to grow anything in the garden for yourself?

Hopefully...

...not.
    Nope!

I don't know 3.5e so I'm scared

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    I has a new sword!

Spoiler
    Show

Well, it is a tiny sword... the blade length is only 27 cm, but that will do for now.
    Is that a shape of a key cut into its handle? And the whole sword is interesting too!

No, it's an electric oven. Part of the towel was dangling down and actually made contact with the heating element, causing it to very nearly catch fire. It was glowing when I pulled it out, but I stomped on it a few times and prevented any actual conflagration.
    That is scary! How long did it touch the heating wire? How fast was that?

I don't actually own oven mitts or measuring cups. I've been borrowing measuring cups from the dorm front desk, but what I didn't know was that they also had mitts available. Learn something new every day!
    But it is a good idea that the front desk keeps the kitchen stuff safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Also: Is there a REASON Apple now makes everything a single clean, bright color? MAYBE 2 bright colors? It's ugly as hell and gives me a headache...
    Color blocking is in everywhere. It is also often ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Right. Thanks for reminding me. I need to forge an Elvish blade of finest newspaper before dorm government on Wednesday. (It makes sense in context. Just like a month ago when I wore a skirt)
    I am supposed to remind you to forge this today.

ION: Today as I was outside, all six chickens scratching for small wriggly things, some sparrows joined them. Here is one, which got rather close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh how sweet! Those fly through here but they do not stay.

Hey, so, a realization. Our dog has miss matched coloured claws. Some are black, some are white with a pink tinge. Why is this?
    What I wonder about are whiskers that start growing out black but then go white. It is like all the color is on the inside. Claws are a little like that too but not as easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    It's obvious, really:

Franken-dog.

It was constructed out of the parts of many other dogs.

Or that.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    It's obvious, really:

Franken-dog.

It was constructed out of the parts of many other dogs.

Hadn't realized you said this! I...don't think that's the answer I'm looking for though

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's peaceful.

I know. 'Cause you haven't noticed it and then at the end you do. "What have I eaten??"
    Well that's good. I like peacefulness. Have a lot of opportunity for that in the area I live in, but not so much around my house. Too many barky dogs.

Yeah...exactly. Please don't get sick, that would suck terribly.

Also HEY KNEEBELEEBELO! *waves and throws cookies*
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

30. - Top - End - #90

Okay, I've got a question, and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Recently, while playing League of Legends, my internet just up and DIES, for no reason, and it takes like 30 minutes to fix it, and by then the game's over or I've been disconnected so long that the connection between my computer and the server's just broke. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? Short of just banning everyone from using the internet but me, in the vain hope that that'll work?