The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default [M&M 3e] Clash of Superpowers ( IC )

Clash of Superpowers, Issue # 1:

Another ordinary afternoon in Garnet city. After a hard day of work, its citizens are getting ready to go home.

One of the parking garages in one of the business parks of Garnet city appears to be halfway empty already.

With rush hour coming close, it seems like it is gonna be a while to get home.

[ Link to the OOC thread ]

[ Link to the dice rolling thread ]
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2014-11-16 at 11:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Clash of Superpowers ( IC )

Chia walks out to the parking garage from her nearby gymnastics instruction space, wishing she could just fly home. She had figured out how to manipulate the heat in the air to allow her to fly years ago, but it took all of her concentration to do it, and someone would be bound to notice a young woman floating over the city. "Stupid traffic," she grumbles under her breath.

She isn't really annoyed about the traffic. Months have passed, and yet there is still no sign of her mother anywhere. Chia is sure her mother is in Garnet City. She just can't seem to find her.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hannah had been sitting in the car waiting for about twenty minutes. The client had specified a half-hour meeting and hinted a generous tip were she ready to go when it finished. The radio was losing its appeal, however, and her inaction was starting to tense her leg.

She checked the time again, then clicked off the engine and got out of the car. Closing the door, she released a long breath and began stretching her leg carefully. There was still time so she started gently pacing around the parking garage, limbering herself up a little and attempting to ease the dull ache.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Richard sat on his motorcycle as he popped another sweet into his mouth, the wrapper contributing to the growing pile in his bag. Even interns have personal days and this was one he took advantage of, though his was not going as planned. The only bright spot was that he had finished the costume, a blue jumpsuit built to accommodate the mobility the MAX function he modded into the Gauntlet should allow.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-11-17 at 06:37 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

A short walk from the bar he'd been at puts Rick at the garage. He hadn't been drinking, but his clothes smell faintly of alcohol. I'm not sure why I keep going to those department celebrations; I need to keep my distance.

He looks up at the garage and gets a sudden urge to go in. The feeling, though, isn't his. Nightwatcher wants him to enter. Rick sighs at his eternal companion's curiosity, mumbling to himself "I suppose I can make an exception this time. I don't have anything better to do."

He walks into the garage by himself, readjusting his senses. He briefly jumbles his mind, picking up new talents for the situation. He figures he should be alert in a dark parking garage; criminals like the look of a man walking to his car by himself. Rick keeps his eyes open as he enters, moving quickly and quietly, and prods his mind with the thought Why did you want to come in here?
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2014-11-17 at 06:48 AM.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, traffic, sucks for them
    Max thinks, manipulating time has its advantages, in fact, manipulating time is basically all advantages.
    Now, if only I had somewhere to be

Spoiler: edit
    Show

Oh god, that colour is horrid

Last edited by HopeHubris; 2014-11-17 at 06:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"Dammit," Claire pants. "Dammit, dammit, dammit. Three levels up in a goddamn parking garage, and now the wheel falls off?"

He strains in his seat, reaching for the wheel that rolled away, but the chuck of plastic slips away under his fingers.

"Well, ****." Claire settles back in his chair, growling to himself. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees another man waiting on his motorcycle tucking a sweet wrapper into his bag. "Hey," he calls. "I'm havin' a bit of trouble. Mind giving me some help?"
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chia

A few people pass by you as you walk out of the garage, only a couple of them say hello to you.

Richard and Claire

As you enjoy you sweet, you hear somebody call out to you for assistance. You turn to see somebody who appears to be struggling with something.

Hannah

Walking around the parking garage, a young man in a lab coat suddenly bumps into you.
    "I am so, so sorry!" He apologizes. He appears to be carrying a metal suitcase.
    "Are you alright?"

Rick

So far nobody has noticed you as you head over to your car. A woman bumping into some kind of scientist, some guy calling over to somebody else for help. Everything seems normal.

Spoiler: Perception Check DCs
    Show
    Perception DC 15: You see a white van within the parking garage, and you count two people in hoodies at the windshield. They look as thought they're waiting for something.

Perception DC 20: You see a suspicious black van parked around the corner of the next block outside.

Please make your checks in the dice rolling thread!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Chia stops, her eyes narrowing. Two vans, both creepy... She moves over to the wall and activates her power, warping the air around her with heat. To the casual observer, where she now stood would be empty; a closer observation would reveal a slight heat shimmer, as though water was evaporating there. Behind her veil, Chia flicks her eyes between the two vans, watching to see if either of them makes a move. They might be connected to her mother, and she can't just sit back in case someone gets hurt.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Activating Sahara's Concealment 2 power. She is invisible to all visual senses, as long as she moves at -1 her movement speed. For now, she simply watches the two vans.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Steadying herself after being jostled, Hannah glances at the man in the lab coat. "I'm fine, thanks. Just a little stiff from sitting too long." Too rattled to notice the metal suitcase, she steps back to allow him to move on. "Guess I'll let you get on your way, doctor."

Giving the man a small smile, she re-checks her watch.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sure thing dude" Richard replied as he got off his motorcycle, eating another sweet.

"What do you need help with?" he then asks, approaching the struggling man.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Claires looks up at the man from his wheelchair. "Well," he begins, keeping his tone patient, "My chair's broken, so I'm having a bit of trouble moving. Would you mind pushing me to my car, or something?" He points to a black sedan, halfway across the lot. "I really didn't want to have to drag myself all the way over there."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The hoods in the van seem... off. It might be nothing, but I may as well watch to see if something's going to happen. Or that other one... I should see what's going on. Rick walks slowly to the black van, trying to see what's inside without revealing his presence. Dunno what's up with all the sneaking today; it's like I think I'm some kind of secret agent or something. Rick smirks at the thought as he continues forward.
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2014-11-17 at 09:56 PM.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, sorry dude, sure" he replied, helping the man get to the van.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, thanks." He settles down into the drivers seat of his car, fumbling in his pockets for his keys. "Again, thanks. Sorry if I came off like a bit of an ass, but I've been having to pull some long hours at work. What's your name, by the way?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"No harm no foul, name's Richard, what's yours?" he replied leaning his back on the van.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rick

In the front of the van, you get a better look at the two men in the front seats. The driver is a Caucasian man in his late twenties, and the man in the passenger seat is Caucasian teenager. They haven't noticed you, but they notice something else. Turning to the direction they're looking, you see another teenager walk into the parking garage, only slightly younger than the passenger. The teenager is wearing jeans, a black T - Shirt, and carrying backpack over one shoulder.
    The driver and passenger watch as he walks towards their direction.

Hannah

"Lab assistant actually." The man corrected.
    "I just help out in one of the labs from Parson Enterprises. I'll be on my way now."
    He gives you a friendly wave goodbye as he walks off to his car.

Chia

You notice a young teenager walk into the parking garage, and he appears to be heading towards one of the suspicious vans. You also notice that the van outside starts moving very slowly and parks across the entrance of the parking garage.

18. - Top - End - #18

Hannah nods politely at the explanation. "Parson, eh?" She begins, digging in her pocket for her business cards, only to find he's already walking off. Her hands flop to her sides. "Take care then," she says, mostly to herself as she returns his wave.

Returning to her car, Hannah leans against the trunk, taking some weight off her leg. She probably shouldn't still be driving so much but damn if she's going to completely give up her passion. She looks over at the lab assistant, her gaze drifting down and she notes the unusual metal case. She idly wonders about it as she watches him walk away.
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2014-11-18 at 11:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Chia hesitates as she sees the teenager and the black van's movement. She readies a shimmering orb of superheated air, but holds it at bay for now. After all it might be just one guy meeting his friends, and the black van could just be waiting impatiently for someone in the parking garage. Totally innocent. Yeah, right.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Ready a Heatwave. If the teenager gets attacked/attacks someone, she'll hit the attacker; if either of the vans suddenly accelerates she'll aim for their tires (priority on the black van).

Accuracy: (1d20+11)[16] Damage DC 20, Weaken Fortitude DC 15 if it hits.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

"The name's Claire. And before you ask, yes, my parents did have a strange sense of humor." He sticks out a hand to Richard. "Nice to meet you. Do you work at one of the offices?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"pfffft, did your dad leave home when you were three, did he leave little to your ma and pfffftttt" Richard replied, laughing his ass off as he slid to the ground of the garage laughing.

OOC
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-11-18 at 05:26 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Fairly young, Easy enough to startle.

Rick, ever the optimist, walks up to the driver's side window and knocks on the glass to alert them of his presence.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rick

The young passenger jumps a bit from his seat as you tap the window. The driver on the other hand, looks annoyed.
    "What do you want? Beat it!" The driver hollers at you through the window. Then he gets the van started and drives off slowly.

He doesn't go very far, as he stops a couple feet away from the young teenager who walked in. The passenger window rolls down and the passenger starts talking with the young man with their voices lowered down.

Hannah

You see the young lab assistant get into a small two-seater car that is light bluish in color. By how it looks, it is probably a used car.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that was rude.

Rick sneaks over to get a better listen at what they're talking about, which he makes a mental note of being an invasion of privacy, but they're acting suspicious enough to warrant it.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire cracks a grin, but replies, "Oh, laugh it up, D!ck." Having finally found the keys to his car in one of his pockets, he sticks the correct key in the ignition and turns it, bringing the engine rumbling to life. "Well, D!ck, it's been nice meeting you, but I've got to go now."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-11-19 at 10:43 AM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

26. - Top - End - #26

Guess being an assistant doesn't attract a great salary, Hannah reflected, noting the small car.

She checked her watch again and wondered how late her client would be - they were always late. Sighing, she shifted her weight slightly and let her gaze travel around the parking garage slowly hoping for something to distract her.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Everyone near the entrance

Suddenly you start to hear tires screeching outside, and the next thing you know the black van crashes past the toll gate and screeches to a stop in front of the front van.
    "Think you can move in on our turf!?" Somebody from the black van screamed.

Everybody else

You hear something screeching and crashing through the first floor of the parking garage.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2014-11-19 at 06:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"What the hell was that?"
    Max exclaims, surprised that people can actually be shocked into thinking aloud
    Here I am, just minding my own business, and something that is probably a crime starts happening, I guess I should do something about it, or at least check it out

Always prepared to mess with people (Which is what he considers his crime-fighting), he has his suit on him at all times.
    Accelerating the process, it is on in an instant and starts moving towards the parking garage, his body starting to become a blur

Spoiler
    Show

Quickness 4 lets me put the suit on in basically a free action, I think
    If he heard the crash-y noise, he's probably reasonably close, but with his speed he's in no rush, so he's probably just outside the parking thing now

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

29. - Top - End - #29

An enormous crashing sound from the floor below causes Hannah to push off her car and start for the stairs down. Hope no one's badly injured. While her stride was purposeful, her limp was noticeable as she hurried onwards.

Taking out her cell phone, she checked to see if she had a signal.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire spins in his seat, turning towards the crashing noise. "Hey, Richard," he says, keeping his voice level. "Sorry to keep asking things of you, but there should be a suit, a jacket, and a motorcycle helmet in the trunk. Mind grabbing them for me real quick?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.