New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Build a Town IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Build a Town IC

Venethrax

Venethrax will move until he has a clear shot. While moving he will recall of all his person and hatred, and channel this energy into his arrows. He will take his time and aim to put an arrow right through the eye of one of the undeads

Spoiler
    Show
    Init (1d20+5)[9]

Swift: Entering soul archery stance. Attacks count as evil and magic for the purpose of overcomming DR.
    Move: In range of a clear shot
    Standard: Using Sure Shot strike. gives +20 to hit and adds +4d6 dmg

To hit: (1d20+34)[36]
    Damage: (1d10+10)[16] Assuming within point blank range(30 ft) in addition to(4d6)[13] For a total of 29 damage.

Rolling for Crusader maneveurs
    (2d5)[2][2](4)
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-04-21 at 05:08 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Taking a puff of a smoke with his left hand, Marcus advances of the trap door, peering in.

"Sometimes a man really wishes he had a fireball," he sighed. As it was all the area of effect magic he had was a stun spell, and undead were immune to such attacks. Still, he could at least take one of the things down. Possible. It was best to test the extent of their power before committing any real resources to ending them.

Swapping his cigar from his left to his right, he raised his right hand before shooting two silvery bolts of pure magic at one of the enemies.

Spoiler
    Show

Magic Missile: (2d4+2)[8]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The group of 4 undead which consists of 2 zombies and 2 skeletons do not seem bothered by the glitterdust. They advance on the dwarf lifting their rusted longswords and claws respectively. One skeleton stands in front of him, one to the side and one zombie to the side, the 4th zombie shambles past the dwarf towards the dragon out of the dwarfs range.

Spoiler: Damage and Hit Rolls for 1st group of 4.
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23] Skeleton 1 to hit (Front)
    (1d20+5)[16] Skeleton 2 to hit (right_
    (1d20+6)[15] Zombie 1 to hit (Left)
    (1d8+2)[6] Skeleton longsword
    (1d8+2)[5] Skeleton longsword
    (1d6+3)[8] Zombie claw

The Dragonborn douses the undead with her slowing breath however she hadnt expected the dwarf to be there. He gets caught in the blast as well.

Roll Fortitude.

One of the hellbred's arrows pierces the head of one of the zombies and it falls to the ground unmoving.

The bolt of energy strikes one of the undead on the chest leaving a scorch mark but it didnt appear to do that much damage.
    Last edited by TheCrowing1432; 2014-04-21 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brova View Post
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Undead
    Show
    Undeads aren't immune to blinding nor will saves so glitterdust should get a chance to affect them.

The skeletons/zombie moved/charged up the stairs and are now engaged with the dwarf?

Natilee grabbed the right side of her belt and felt around for the clasp for her lantern. It made a satisfying clicking sound as the metal henge closed around its wiry handle. Sora practically jumping down the enemies throat her friend followed after, drawing her crossbow. Taking note of the type of undead as they went after the dwarfven flesh she moved off to the side of the large trapdoor and saw the straggling zombie fixated on its flying foe. On the opposite side of Marcus she rather enjoyed that the man retained his whimsy while in peril. Jesting back, "Here to help Sora with the heavy lifting? It's nice to have a bit of company I can finally relate to."

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show
    Move action to move to the trap door out of melee range of the undead (While drawing a crossbow). Move action load.

5. - Top - End - #95

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Will Save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16] Will Save for Glitterdust
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

6. - Top - End - #96

Chimera

Feeling the arcane bonds dragging at his limbs, Sandrei summons words to his lips to counter it, hopefully spreading swiftness to himself and his allies.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Armor Class: (10 + 5 dex + 5 armor + 1 enhance + 1 natural armor) 22, so only the first skeleton hit for 6 damage. 70/76 hp.
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+11)[18]
    Defensively casting Haste, which should dispel the slow effect as a side effect. I can spread it to 6 creatures, so I should be able to hasten the entire party.
    Defensive Casting Roll: (1d20+14)[21] vs DC 18

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Venethrax

Feeling the surge of energy running through his body Venethrax lines up for a volley of force. Where the arrows hit they will cause small bright explosions of force, whirling dust up and scatter bones(or stones if apptopriate).
    He is very dissatisfied that he has to kill perfectly healthy(or whatever skeletons are) minions. I mean I could even dress them up so they didn't look this distastefull. *Sigh* I guess this have to be what it is like to be good. Doing stubid things over and over because of some goodie god says so. He briefly reconsiders giving up this good bussiness but shivers at the mere thought of hell and dismisses the idea.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action: thunderbolt does an additional 1d6+6 sonic damage.
    Full round: Multiple shot strike gives an additional attack but all attacks are -2
    All shots are still considered evil and magic for overcomming DR

Rolls
    To hit/damage
    (1d20+13)[15] / (1d10+10)[13] + (1d6+6)[9] for a total of 22
    (1d20+13)[20] / (1d10+10)[12] + (1d6+6)[12] for a total of 24
    (1d20+13)[17] / (1d10+10)[17] + (1d6+6)[11] for a total of 28
    (1d20+8)[17] / (1d10+10)[20] + (1d6+6)[8] for a total of 28

Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-04-23 at 10:37 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

RedKnightGirl

Marcus' eyes shifted to look at the warforged beside him, before grunting in approval. "Normally I'd wonder if I should take that as a compliment or insult coming from a construct. But considering most of our new 'friends' I'll take what I can get."

Pointing his left hand at the zombie that had taken the least damage, he decided to stop holding back and just end the damn thing. His finger glowed for a moment, before a searing ray of heat shot out at the undead.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Touch Attack vs AC for Scorching Ray - (1d20+6)[26]
    Scorching Ray Fire Damage - (4d6)[15]

9. - Top - End - #99

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Crit Confirmation
    Show

Crit Confirmation Roll - (1d20+6)[25]
    Crit Damage Roll - (4d6)[18]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Sora flies up and over the undead to land behind the skeleton in front of the dwarf. Sora shoots a fifteen foot cone of hot flame from her mouth, enveloping all four of them.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

C Breath weapon damage - [roll0] fire - allies immune - Reflex DC 20 to halve
    Hasted flying speed - 100 ft.
    Hasted AC 20 - HP 112/112
    I'm on staff at DnDtools, check out our staff page for my quote!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dov, feels the hasted efrect running through his body, as he parrys the attacks from the undeads.

Then he takes his opportunity, and with a warcry he calls the power of Moradin and swings his great warhammer.

Fort: (1d20+18)[20].

AC: 26
    HP: 110/110

(1d20+13)[32] vs the opponent in front of him. Dmg: (2d6+6)[11]

(1d20+13)[18] vs the opponent to the left. Dmg: (2d6+6)[14]

(1d20+8)[12] vs the opponent in front of him. Dmg: (2d6+6)[13]

12. - Top - End - #102

BarbarianGuy

The undead surrounding Sandrei raise their respective weapons to strike again.

Spoiler: Undead Damage/Hit
    Show
    (1d20+5)[6] Longsword
    (1d20+5)[24] Longsword
    (1d20+6)[26] Claw
    (1d8+2)[10] Longsword Damage
    (1d8+2)[6] Longsword Damage
    (1d6+3)[4] Claw Damage

The other three, move 15 feet towards the entrance of the stairs. Where they get hit with the Dragonborns firebreath and fall and burn to ash.

Marcus's scorching ray takes out one of the undead surrounding Sandrei, while Venethrax's arrows take out the other two.

All of the undead have been destroyed. They werent very tough, surely Ser Micheal and Pastor Franz could have easily taken these undead down?

There must be more here. The yawning gap of the wall draws your gaze, it looks like it was broken into from inside, something had burst through here, raised the undead and then left.

Each party member gained 200 experience for this battle.

Among the undead you find 50 gold coins and two bottles of what appear to be potions.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dov, takes a look around, making sure everyone is ok... then, he moves forward to the hole in the wall. Great warhammer ready, to crush enemies. shall we press forward?

Does my darkvision (90ft) allows me to see anything? Spot: (1d20+3)[11]

14. - Top - End - #104

BarbarianGuy

You do not spot anything unusual about the room.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Hold." Sora picks out the gold and vials of liquid and shoves them into the bag hanging between her wings. "I'll lead." She walks ahead of the dwarf, and then turns invisible after a wiggle of her fingers across her skin. "Zhin nurocuirgarh," she says in draconic.
    Invisibly, she walks onwards into the hole. ", and watch your step."

Spoiler: stealth rolls
    Show
    Move Silently - (1d20)[9]
    Hide - (1d20)[5]
    Sora still has darkvision and the ability to see the invisible
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-04-23 at 07:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

RedKnightGirl

"Careful, monster. Invisibility does not equate to invulnerability," Marcus taunted as he decended into the pit. "Then again it saves me looking at you. And it puts another body between me and any enemy. Not sure how useful it will be when so many corpses can just sense the blood in what pass for your veins though."

Taking a deep breath of smoke, Marcus eyes drifted among his new 'companions' as he waited for others to take the lead ahead of him. "If anyone is too busted up I can patch them up. It seems as though those undead could have been made of beans and done more damage to our bowls than they ended up doing to our meatshields though."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Natilee lowers her aimed crossbow, never even firing a single shot. Perhaps she couldn't relate Marcus and her lack of fighting prowess considering he just fell an abomination with a line of fire. "Wounding you wasn't my intent so I think it's safe to call that something else." She shakes her head and lets out a sigh before looking back up. "It's a misfortune my weak illusion was failed by my own recourse. I was hoping people would associate my name with my other face. Oh well, the reveal is sooner than I would of liked but the outcome was inevitable."

She shifts her crossbow away from her dominate hand and plucks another wand from her backpack. Instilling it with magic she releases the charge when the rest of the group is in range and withdraws it again. Bless Each of her foot steps deliberate she carefully makes her way down the stairs and though she'd like to examine the cavern closer clocks continue to click and so she follows after the advancing party. Patting Sandrei along the way with a healing hand. "I'll identify all the items we get whenever our magics wane. Do try not to use unidentified items unless you can live with the consequences", she warns. "I'll stay in the middle of the group. Several of my magics require close proximity for them to be effective."

Spoiler: Warforged Picture
    Show
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-04-23 at 09:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

BarbarianGuy

As Sora enters the hole she can see an underground tunnel going in each direction. She cannot see anything in either direction. The cavern roof is about 50 feet high and 30 feet across, plenty of room to maneuver or march as the situation calls for. The tunnel is carved from stone and dirt and is otherwise indistinguishable from any other underground tunnel.

There is one tunnel

Roll Spot and Listen.
    Last edited by TheCrowing1432; 2014-04-23 at 09:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dovkhor follows the crew in last position, taking carefull mental notes if anything from this room or tunnels seem ood. (Stonecunning ability).

When he finally arrives at the new room, he readies his great warhammer, ready for any surprises.

Listen (1d20+3)[20]
    Spot (1d20+3)[18]

20. - Top - End - #110

BarbarianGuy

You recognize the tunnel as dwarf work, more specifically, this is a maintenance tunnel, which would explain its rough appearance. However the carving uses a technique not used for at least a century or more.

You spot footprints leading down on your left with some dried blood.

You hear some clanking noises coming from your right.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Going right, let's go. Something coming, be ready." Sora walks on in silence after that, eyes darting back and forth.

Spot - (1d20+16)[31]
    Listen - (1d20+11)[26]
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-04-24 at 01:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Chimera

Sandrei paces near the front of the part, sticking to the walls when he can for cover.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

2 hit from zombies for 10 damage. hp 60/76.
    Spot: (1d20+1)[5]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[5]
    Move Silently: (1d20+19)[27]
    Hide: (1d20+19)[27]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Who travels around Natilee? I know Sora is usually scouting but what about the others? It'd be nice to somewhat cement this kind of thing for people know how much to add to their Spot + Listen (Allies x2).

@Shimeran Natilee healed you for 8 HP.

Natilee takes her position surrounded by allies.

24. - Top - End - #114

BarbarianGuy

Sora sees the foot prints and the blood leading to the left.

She hears the clanking but recognizes it as the sound of a mail covered footstep, it seems to be getting closer, coming from the right.

(Which direction is Sora moving in?)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    well, I think I was the last one to enter the room, since sora wants ro be the one in the front, I'll be the one guarding the rear, near someon with decent spots & listen,

Well.... this is something I havent seen in a while, somereally old technics, someone is coming from the right.... and there's our path, to the left. Lets move!

I move towards the left path with blood stains. Weapon in hand.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Closer to the dwarf in the back Natilee's face shows surprise when the dwarf heads a different direction than the partie's scout. "Uh oh. We've got a splitter here." Trying to get Sora's attention she waves her arm in front of her lantern a few times, creating a blinking effect against the walls. Hoping her unlocatable friend got the message she turns to gather the dwarf, following after him. "Dovkhor!" She says in a sharp but quite voice. "Others are already headed to fight. You should join them."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-04-24 at 07:23 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Chimera

Sandrei whispers "I can hide you folks, much like our scout, if you want to remain out of sight. You'll need to gather in close if you want that."

Spoiler: details
    Show
    Sandrei can use Invisibility Sphere to grant invisibility to everyone within 10'. It will last 6 minutes if used.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Why would we go in that direction? Its a tunnel right? Fighting in an open space gives us more options... besides, our trail should be this one, to the left, there are signs of blood spill in here... what say you Elbeyon? Should we go this way... or get stuck in a tunnel with the other?

29. - Top - End - #119

RedKnightGirl

"I'm sure those of us without five hundred pounds of armor will appreciate fighting in an open field when the corpses flank us and gnaw our brains out," Marcus noted wryly, sticking with the group proper. Keeping as many of them between him and the sound as possible. "But by all means, continue on down the passage. If we plan to go down it later it's best to have someone else stumbling into any ambushes that might be down there. At least we know the clanking one is too stupid to stay quiet."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

OoC: My characters name is Natilee.

"Dwarf! Would you abandon your battling allies for a conversation? Such insubordination!" Done conversing Natilee goes to take her spot in the middle of the group, leaving the dwarf if she has too. "Sandrei, while I'm sure that will be a useful tool later. I don't think now is the time."