New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Peacefield Skull

The skull follows, floating ominously behind the ghost-girl as its cannon continue to fire at her. They're attempting to lead their shots to improve their accuracy, but they still aren't very accurate.

The holdfast, a stout stone keep in the centre of Peacefield, is launching its own rockets at the skull, though they're far cruder- more like Chinese fire-arrows than anything more modern. Five hit the skull and explode, doing little -if any- damage; the return fire, however, blasts a gaping hole in the holdfast's crenellations, the roof and the upper floor. No more fire-arrows are launched from the keep.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

[Daemonwood Shrine]

Elereshur sits back, considering her findings, and allows the pair to continue their chatter without interruption.

((Go ahead and skip me...Elereshur doesn't have a whole lot to say here, unless someone questions her.))

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

"I was chained to the altar and sacrificed to open the portal when Elereshur was thrown through. Afterwards, the cavity where my heart was filled with a ghoulstone." A ghoulstone is an amethyst crystal empowered with necromantic energy. It acts as a beacon, summoning undead nearer, unless it's used to directly reanimate one corpse as a ghast that keeps their original shape- mostly. And she can reanimate others in the same way, to create more ghasts that don't look dead.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Melody's Island]

There is silence on the other end, as Toby tries to figure things out. Before Magtok can wonder if the line is actually connected, however, he clears his throat and speaks up. Look around and find a plant. Describe it. What kind is it? What makes it physically and visibly distinct from other nearby plants? ... And what is the island's compass bearing from GLoG?
    "Alright, hold on. Okay, so it's blue, with this yellow thing in the middle. It has five...no, six petal things on the flower, and-Oh **** this, hold on. MagComputer says it's Thelymitra crinita. It's about two feet away from some crabgrass. Thelymitra crinita, also known as Blue Lady Orchid. Melody has a goofy sense of humor. Oh, right, and compass direction, southeast." Magtok squats down next to the flower, before suddenly shooting up and backing away nervously. He's just genre-savvy enough to realize staying there and looking at the flower was going to get him accidentally kicked in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

Deep Forest

Walking along the barely existent path, Sonozaki Yuki looks around the forest. He stops, then bends down to pick another wendin mushroom. They are quite useful for a lot of his medicines.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Deep Forest

Walking along the barely existent path, Sonozaki Yuki looks around the forest. He stops, then bends down to pick another wendin mushroom. They are quite useful for a lot of his medicines.
    Yuki may notice the trees lining path ahead have slash marks about a decimeter deep through them in various places, and an odd blade that looks like it came from a boxcutter for a giant on the ground, dulled.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yuki may notice the trees lining path ahead have slash marks about a decimeter deep through them in various places, and an odd blade that looks like it came from a boxcutter for a giant on the ground, dulled.
    Deep Forest

Frowning, Yuki picks up the blade and examines it. He then starts following the slashed trees deeper into the forest, looking and listening carefully for anything out of the ordinary.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #158

Deep Forest

Frowning, Yuki picks up the blade and examines it. He then starts following the slashed trees deeper into the forest, looking and listening carefully for anything out of the ordinary.
    He may hear a sound of a blade slicing through wood in the distance, and a grunt of effort.
    The blade looks to be long enough for use as a sword blade, with an odd, small part at the end with holes in it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #159

Deep Forest

Yuki turns to face the sound, tracing it until he finds the source. "Hello?"

10. - Top - End - #160

Deep Forest

Yuki turns to face the sound, tracing it until he finds the source. "Hello?"
    He will find a woman (see avatar) in a green cloak over her uniform, swinging from grappling hooks attached to boxlike objects on the sides of her waist with extra blades of the same type Yuki found in the box objects with gas tanks on the top, a small device on the back of her waist. In each hand she wields two swords with the same type of blade on each of them.
    She lands with expert skill in front of Yuki.
    Hello, nice to meet you.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #161

He will find a woman (see avatar) in a green cloak over her uniform, swinging from grappling hooks attached to boxlike objects on the sides of her waist with extra blades of the same type Yuki found in the box objects with gas tanks on the top, a small device on the back of her waist. In each hand she wields two swords with the same type of blade on each of them.
    She lands with expert skill in front of Yuki.
    Hello, nice to meet you.
    Deep Forest

Yuki holds out the blade to her, raising an eyebrow. "The pleasure is mine. Is this yours? I saw the slashes on the trees earlier."

12. - Top - End - #162

Deep Forest

Yuki holds out the blade to her, raising an eyebrow. "The pleasure is mine. Is this yours? I saw the slashes on the trees earlier."
    Sophia nods, and takes the blade, before tossing it at a tree.
    It bounces off, leaving naught but a scratch.
    The blade is no longer of any use. It's too dull to cut through anything.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Daemonwood Shrine

"I was chained to the altar and sacrificed to open the portal when Elereshur was thrown through. Afterwards, the cavity where my heart was filled with a ghoulstone." A ghoulstone is an amethyst crystal empowered with necromantic energy. It acts as a beacon, summoning undead nearer, unless it's used to directly reanimate one corpse as a ghast that keeps their original shape- mostly. And she can reanimate others in the same way, to create more ghasts that don't look dead.
    Liache nods, smiling. Ah, I see, dear---that's certainly an interesting way to do it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Sophia nods, and takes the blade, before tossing it at a tree.
    It bounces off, leaving naught but a scratch.
    The blade is no longer of any use. It's too dull to cut through anything.
    Deep Forest

"Well, constantly slamming your blades into trees tends to do that to them," Yuki quips, smiling faintly. He takes a closer look at Sophia's odd equipment. "That explains the extra blades though. So what's your equipment for?"

15. - Top - End - #165

Deep Forest

"Well, constantly slamming your blades into trees tends to do that to them," Yuki quips, smiling faintly. He takes a closer look at Sophia's odd equipment. "That explains the extra blades though. So what's your equipment for?"
    Sophia chuckles
    Slaying titans. Their only wrak point is their neck, hence the fact we use grappling hooks and a propellant in combat. The extra blades are for replacing Dulles blades, as we can't afford to change weapons in combat
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Daemonwood Shrine

"I didn't get much choice in the matter, but before that I was in slave for sale in Skyside, and a painful death and subservient afterlife is not what I was expecting, but ultimately better and more enjoyable than most of the other options." Not that she actually enjoyed dying, or being raised as a ghoul, but now she's used to it she'd do poorly as a regular human. She's developed a taste for human flesh.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

[Foggy Marsh]

A looming fog rises around the less-ventured part of the Islands. Stories of curses and other rumors keep the majority of the fishermen away from these parts. The water stirs in ways that look and feel foreboding. Ripples caused by nothing at all, and small currents that start and stop randomly in varying places along the stagnant waters. Nothing but strange inconveniences if it weren't for the feeling of dread this particular fog brought along with it. The terrain itself consists of a mushy amalgam of mud, grime and rock. A few paths exist through the marsh for means of travel, though they do not seem as if many have used them. Should anybody happen to travel near or into the fog, they might be able to hear low, strained sounds in the distance, along with the occasional rumble.

18. - Top - End - #168

Sophia chuckles
    Slaying titans. Their only wrak point is their neck, hence the fact we use grappling hooks and a propellant in combat. The extra blades are for replacing Dulles blades, as we can't afford to change weapons in combat
    Deep Forest

"...titans?" Yuki raises an eyebrow, confused. "Dangerous creatures of some sort, I take it?"

19. - Top - End - #169

Deep Forest

"...titans?" Yuki raises an eyebrow, confused. "Dangerous creatures of some sort, I take it?"
    Yep. Giant, man-eating humanoids. Utterly terrifying.
    Sophia explains briefly.
    So, what sort of stuff do you do?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

[Foggy Marsh]

A young woman with black hair and blue eyes, carrying a compound longbow, half-trudges, half-wades through the Marsh, wary for danger.

21. - Top - End - #171

Yep. Giant, man-eating humanoids. Utterly terrifying.
    Sophia explains briefly.
    So, what sort of stuff do you do?
    Deep Forest

Yuki's eyes widen as he frowns. "...certainly sounds scary. How effective is that equipment? It seems like it would be really easy for them to just grab the wires used for your grappling hooks..."

"Ah, I'm a magical doctor. I, um, heal people."

22. - Top - End - #172

Deep Forest

Yuki's eyes widen as he frowns. "...certainly sounds scary. How effective is that equipment? It seems like it would be really easy for them to just grab the wires used for your grappling hooks..."

"Ah, I'm a magical doctor. I, um, heal people."
    Quite effective, actually. The titans are as bright as a rusty nail makes a good pillow, usually.
    Neat. I'm a member of HALO.

Sophia replies, leaning on a tree
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

[Foggy Marsh]

The woman may or may not hear the aforementioned sounds in the distance, and begin to see vaguely humanoid shapes obscured by the fog. A good mile off, the woman might also see faint lights flickering intermittently in the distance followed by feeling the reverberations in the ground and water. Should she venture closer, she may be able to make out the low noise as a dull groaning emanating from the listless shapes ahead of her.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Daemonwood Shrine

"I didn't get much choice in the matter, but before that I was in slave for sale in Skyside, and a painful death and subservient afterlife is not what I was expecting, but ultimately better and more enjoyable than most of the other options." Not that she actually enjoyed dying, or being raised as a ghoul, but now she's used to it she'd do poorly as a regular human. She's developed a taste for human flesh.
    Liache nods. Well, at least you have someone taking care of you and feeding you so nicely, dear. Though if she ever needs help with that, I'll be happy to lend a hand or four.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[Foggy Marsh]

The woman hears the noises and sees the figures, but slowly walks forwards, cautious and using her enhanced sense of smell to try to get a better sense of what's going on.

((For the record, her sense of smell is very powerful. Like, smelling a bakery from a mile away if she wants to.))

26. - Top - End - #176

Quite effective, actually. The titans are as bright as a rusty nail makes a good pillow, usually.
    Neat. I'm a member of HALO.

Sophia replies, leaning on a tree
    Deep Forest

"Ah, I see." Yuki chuckles slightly. "Are there any around here though?"

"Ah, HALO is a good group. I'm part of WATCHTOWER, actually."

27. - Top - End - #177

Deep Forest

"Ah, I see." Yuki chuckles slightly. "Are there any around here though?"

"Ah, HALO is a good group. I'm part of WATCHTOWER, actually."
    I have no idea, but it is a possibility. Might as well keep in practice.
    Sophia chuckles
    Neat! I guess we'll be working together soon then.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

I have no idea, but it is a possibility. Might as well keep in practice.
    Sophia chuckles
    Neat! I guess we'll be working together soon then.
    Deep Forest

"I see... well, I can rely on you to protect me, right?" Yuki grins, half-joking, but also half-serious. "I can't fight all that well."

"Oh? Is there a joint program going on that I haven't heard of?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Halfling in the Playground

Foggy Marsh

)(Lemme know if y'all rather play this out by yourselves. If not, here's a post.)(

The Mourning Hoplite was trying to figure out exactly why he was here, wandering around these horrid bogs alone with only Hawthorn, the magical wooden golem, for company. Damn it all...by Ares and Hades, if I don't find some undead to slay I'll flog that townsman to undeath...oh yeah, that's why he was slowly trudging towards the loudest collection of moans and groans in unfamiliar territory. A villager warned him about the zombies in the marshes...
    Ah well, let's hope this all goes well.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Deep Forest

"I see... well, I can rely on you to protect me, right?" Yuki grins, half-joking, but also half-serious. "I can't fight all that well."

"Oh? Is there a joint program going on that I haven't heard of?"
    Sophia nods.
    HALO and WATCH are supposedly merging.
    She explains, putting her blades away and storing the handles in pockets of her jacket.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show