New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Monk + Black Blood Cultist

The 8th level of black blood cultist means you deal damage with all your natural weapons when you successfully grapple someone. How does this interact with a monk? Would they get 8 natural attacks (fists, elbows, knees, and feet) plus any other natural weapon they have?

The alignment requirement for black blood cultist isn't a problem since monks don't lose anything from becoming nonlawful (besides the ability to advance in the monk class).
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Monk + Black Blood Cultist

Just as the pommel, point, and edge of a sword are all part of a single weapon, a Monk's fists, elbows, and beard are all part of a single weapon. The unarmed strike is a single natural attack, but that single attack would be included in the Cultist's grapple routine.
    Last edited by Cog; 2014-04-15 at 06:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Monk + Black Blood Cultist

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Just as the pommel, point, and edge of a sword are all part of a single weapon, a Monk's fists, elbows, and beard are all part of a single weapon. The unarmed strike is a single natural attack, but that single attack would be included in the Cultist's grapple routine.
    Thanks, that clears things up a lot.
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out."