New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Legendary Pokédex Completion: Let's Play Pokémon Storm Silver!

I support this possible change/addition to the training regimen.
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-08-27 at 12:25 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

I vote to keep the caterpie and weedle until they reach their final evolutions Butterfree and Beedrill. After all, you need the 'dex stats anyway, so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

What I'm saying is that I'm switching them out for other one-voters because I already did that. I just put the EXP share on them (and Viola, who having two votes and thus is still coming, and Ovelia) while I was catching up the rest of the team, and they finished evolving while that was happening, so it'd be more efficient to raise up some other pokemon.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    What I'm saying is that I'm switching them out for other one-voters because I already did that. I just put the EXP share on them (and Viola, who having two votes and thus is still coming, and Ovelia) while I was catching up the rest of the team, and they finished evolving while that was happening, so it'd be more efficient to raise up some other pokemon.
    Ahh, true. One of the benefits of bugs is that they evolve quickly... but then their usefulness drops off quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Unfortunately I can't think of any pokemon in particular to train up...

Maybe...go with Magikarp? Since that's going to take some effort...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

I concur, Magikarp is a good choice.

Although I think it may take slightly less effort in Storm Silver, Deme specifically mentioned Magikarp as a pokemon that was altered. I believe it gets actual attacks.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -A.C. Clarke

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

I apologies for the delays; I've been away, and also may have had some sort of small nervous crisis somewhere in there. All fine now. On the other hand, I did work at this even when I had Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright sitting wrapped on my desk, so what I'm saying is, I love you guys more than I love Ace Attorney. Those are strong words, I know, but I'm not afraid of commitment.

Do tell me if the formatting's messy; I love you more than Ace Attorney, but I do not love editing more than Ace Attorney. A girl's got to have limits, puzzles to solve, fingers to point, bye.

Chapter 13
    Spoiler: Their Stories
    Show

Alright, time to go back and collect some pokemon!

For this purpose, I'm letting Professor have a break, which he's apparently spending curled up with a good book of tactics.
    "Well, you earned it."
    "Still, I felt improvements could have been made."
    "...Yeah, I agree a little. Tell me if you find anything useful."
    Since I ended up causing two whole pokemon to faint.

Joining us while I train up the group is...Ovelia!
    "Well, Ovelia? Whatcha gonna be, huh?"
    Because it'd be nice to know.

She shrugs as best a worm without real limbs can shrug. I guess she doesn't know, either.

We also need the pokeballs we asked Kurt to make!

"They turned out great. Try catching pokemon with it."

"I will! Can you make any more?"

Pokeballs, free pokeballs, the kind you get for free~

Pokeballs, free pokeballs, all of them for me~

Alright, let's get to training!

For this, we need the EXP Share.

The story of a pokemon and a trainer

This June-trainer-girl... may be insane. She gave me the name "Ovelia," so I owe her for it, but... There's something off, too.
    If I were different, I might be better at describing the feeling I get from being around her. I don't know if that's someone I want to be.

"Uh, Pi?"
    "Yuh-huh?"
    "This guy, uh...resists psychic attacks, right?"
    "...Uh, guess so..."
    "...And you just have one attack. Extrasensory."
    "That is my sword with which to defeat the bad guys, yup-yup!"
    "...Uh, Pi, Sweetie. It's great and all, but..."
    "What she's saying is, you're no good against that guy. "
    Pi turned his head, big black eyes staring woefully up at our mutual trainer with a pouty face.

"Really?"
    "Really what? I mean,not really, nothing really. Emptiness and the slow death of time, really. But what?"
    "What she said!"
    June stopped to consider this, her eyes zooming, somehow, onto me, watching the match from a safe distance. Her expression was very still and empty -- it was a smile, but it was also, and I speak as a pokemon whose mouth does not do that whole smile busines, and so knows a little bit about smiling without, you know, smiling...
    It was not a smile. It was a look that understood smiling about as well as I really get how to talk about being trained. She laughs, nervously.

"I'm sorry, I didn't...exactly... follow that. Sorry." She mumbled another apology soto-voice.
    "Oh, riight, right... It's because you're new, see? I'm new, too, but Momma and I are special. Because she's my momma."
    Pi explained to me. I nodded, but... What the heck? That she understands him or anyone is one thing, but everyone just nods and smiles when that's all she understands?
    See what I mean? It's...strange. Like she can see through me, but none of it means anything to her...

Is there something I could be that would mean something to her?

"I'm really sorry," she crouched down next to me to say. "Well, Pi, what I meant was... I think we might need to get Terra to step in and help you out a little."
    "Oh, okay!"

"Getting help from everyone! Just like old times, huh, Big Sis Terra?"
    "Uh, Sugar? That was last week."
    "Pfft. Time!"

"...That won't fix the problem at all."
    "Woops. I'll try harder, you'll see!"

She also spends a lot of time capturing pokemon; which is a little odd, I mean, she has a bunch, even not counting me.

But there she goes, catching some random Shellder. She says his name is Pascal -- I don't know if she meant that about before they met, or just now.

And when a random slowpoke came up to her, she just crouched down and said,

"Hey there, little fella."
    And, despite this being a training session, she just waited there for him to respond.
    He yawned, and tilted his head, and eventually came up with,
    "...For before... Thank you..."

Somehow, she understood this. Did I just not matter enough? Or...
    Is it that I really don't know what it is I want to say to this strange person?

"Oh, that? Well, uh...I, you know...I mean, someone had to do it. Do you have a name?"
    "... ... Percival. ...That's how you know... That you're...a good person." And Percival waddled over to her, lay his head on her knee, and had a nice, long nap.

After a while, she shrugged, and put him in a pokeball for safekeeping.

After that, her pokemon-catching spree continued with Snuffles the swinub.

And that finished a whole box. I'm only aware of the pokemon in my own box -- I'd never imagined I was a part of a storage empire.

Next in box 3 is Shelldon the Shellos...

Making me wonder if training will ever get done.

Especially when...

This guy showed up.
    "Ah, pardon me, maiden of the dark." He bobbed, politely, in the air.

"Oh, hi!"
    "Momma is not a maiden of the dark! She's a heroine of justice and gonna stomp badguys and...and...summon the void into her cloak and...Uh... Important stuff!"
    "..D-don't be too upset..." Even I notice she didn't agree with Pi.
    "...I will hold to my greeting well enough; we all see what we wish to see. Maiden bound to the other side...I...might need your help."
    "What with?"
    "Vengence. There is a certain pokemon...With whom I made a deal for my life. Well, here I am. And they've not paid their price...So I need to take an eye for an eye...Something like that. I think someone like you might have the power to meet this pokemon."
    "...I didn't understand any of that," She says with a bright and oblivious not-smile of hers. I wonder if she's just avoiding a hard topic? "But you just need to come with me, right? That's fine by me, just as long as you're with me until you're done evolving!"
    "Someone like Momma might have the power...? Why does that sound familiar...?"

And with Pi muttering, Hades was captured.

We finally get to do some training...Now that we've almost caught everything in the area.

And there's at least pokemon Pi can fight with, and he flings a lot of himself into his enemies, tricking them as much as beating them. I think I really like that. I learned a lot from that...

Enough that I have to wonder...Why have I been watching all this? I guess I have the first thing I might want to really ask her, my trainer, about whom I have so many questions.
    "...Why are you training me up?"

And, somehow...This actually did reach her.

"Why?" She tilts her head and stares off at some distant point. "It's sort of selfish, I guess. But... Someone asked me to capture all the pokemon I can -- all the pokemon who have gathered in Johto and Kanto. I...I want to be worthwhile to someone. So even if it's selfish, I want to help you!"
    She looked down, away from me, as if she felt bad. But, you know...
    I want to be useful, too. I want to do something for myself. It sounds dumb; those don't sound like they should be the same thing.

Shouldn't I at least get started?
    "I think..."

Something seizes up inside me; an emotion like a muscle tensing itself, sending that tension up and down until the tube of my body is a red-hot string.

"...That it might be good to do something like that, too."
    The hotness fells me up and for a second, my vision goes white. I bunker down, close tight, and ready myself for whatever's next to come. In the end, I still don't know exactly how things will turn out...
    But it's probably better than waiting here.

Well, anyway, it's certainly cooler.

"Excellent! I'm glad you've already learned something. Alrighty, let's get on with training then!"
    ...I wonder if she realizes I totally can't walk like this.

...There she goes. Marching off.

...She eventually does turn around and grabs me, though.

And when Pi fights on, in-between shouting encouragement and praise, she makes sure I'm paying attention, explaining why this option or that's better -- why it's better to blast a Gastly instead of wear them down with Pi's brand of tricks.

"Oh, another Slowpoke...Are you here to say Thanks, too?"

"I'm here for war! Don't think he can get away from me just by hiding with you!"
    "He? War?"
    "Percy, that darn fool! Only one of us can be king, and that's going to be me!"
    "No way! I'm king of whatever kingdom you're fighting over!"
    Burst in the warturtle.
    "...Who're you? This is 'tween me and Percival!"

"He's not here. He's in storage, actually."
    "But...But... He can't just leave our great rivalry! Fighting! Training! Arguing! Waking neighbors!"
    Is this guy even a slowpoke?
    "...How am I going to catch him now? How...How..."

"Uh...Come with us?"
    The reply took a long time coming. I guess he is a slowpoke, after all. "...Yeah....That'd do. Um...I'm Bors, by the way. Just to be clear, even if he and I both work for you, no way are we on the same side!"

"I wonder if Percival even knows about this guy?"

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here, but...you know what? I don't think I want to bother with that guy. Maybe that's the lesson.

She also manages to catch the last pokemon in the area, Yuki the Snorunt.

I think...I may understand. She'll suffer any fool; she'll work hard. She's unreliable, and it might just be that she doesn't understand me because I don't understand her. She doesn't smile like a real smile, and she doesn't smile like a real smile all the time, and I don't know why -- except that I'm probably not alone.

In my cocoon, I understand the last thing:

I want to fight like her pokemon, speak to her like her pokemon, and trust her like her pokemon...

Because that's what I am, too. Her pokemon.

But, hey: I know an attack move other than extra-sensory.

...Well, that's the impression I get, as the glow surrounds her. That there was a story, flowing out of her in that moment, shimmering off her new wings.
    "We did it!"
    "...What's all this we?" Mutters a cynical Ovelia.
    "Since you mostly observed, I'd almost argue for the exact opposite question. Isn't that excellent?"
    I mean, it is not like she evolved by going off into the wilderness, never to return.
    "...Fair enough. Thanks, crazy girl."
    ...You know, I get that nickname a lot.

Well, that's it for Ovelia's little training! Next up, Ali!

"Ready to teach her to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, Pi?"
    A Story of Stars

"I'm so ready, momma!"

I'm happy, because after being the one who had to be watched over for so long, now I'm watching over all the little buggies and showing them how to fight!

And I'm very good! Well, most of the time. There are times when things resist everything I have, and times when I smell the end of the world coming, and times when I'm distracted by trying to keep track of the time since we started training; we'd skipped a few hours, and the hours put over them felt like a vague film.
    I don't think Momma knew about the filmy hours. She just moves from point A to point B without anything happening, because that's what she is.

I think no one but maaaybe Big Sis Belle -- maybe -- I never asked -- knows that they shouldn't be there. They're not real hours.
    Momma's surrounded by lots of things that aren't real. This is why I think about the hours.

But enough hours!

Ali's watching me!
    "Practice your thinking! If you can out-think, you can out-fight! Heroism's in the heart~!"

I say lots of that sort of thing.

"I wonder... How exactly did something that thinks of me as its momma end up so devoted to heroism?"
    "You're a hero! You helped all the slowpoke! They even thanked you! Eventually!"
    "...Well, yeah, but I'm not sure I'd call that, you know, real heroism, I mean, I'm pretty sure you literally pushed me into it, and, you know, if anyone else had done something then... I just don't think I'm cut out for this sort of stuff."
    "But -- but -- but... You're so good at it, Momma! You saved all the things!"

And it's so important! Because she hatched me, and I am a friend to the champion of justice who will unite everyone, and who will crack the shell of the world and all the yolk will scatter out into the seeping cold of the stars.
    ...Um, about that last part...
    Have you ever had a feeling like you missed something? Like you started counting -- I'm a good counter, 1, 2, 3...And then somehow, you end up at 10 without going through the rest of the numbers? Or it went 1, 2, 3, ∞, 10?

Missing hours.
    "You saved me, too, Momma. If you hadn't come, I'd still be waiting in the egg!"

"Aw, you...Probably do know that, don't you? Never argue what someone does not know; they know an entire, if somewhat small, world: its laws and physics are distinct, but it itself is a complete universe, after all."
    She looks at me very quietly.
    "You know it in your...Do you even have bones? You don't see a lot of really careful anatomical studies of exotic pokemon, so it's always important to ask. Bones, no bones?"
    "...I remember it, I think, sometimes...I was waiting. And you appeared, and I hatched."

She looks very nervous, and laughs uneasily. What's wrong, Momma?

"So it was you I was waiting for! That's that!...Waiting was very cold. Very dark. Very..."

"Yes, exactly like that!"
    Wait...Wasn't I supposed to be teaching her to float like a butterfly?
    "AAAAH! That is not floating like a butterfly!"
    [/color]

"It is rather far removed from butterfly floating."

But I'll have to do my best! When things go horribly, horribly wrong, just do your best! Just do your best! That's what Momma chants under her breath all the time, mumbling it in the dead of night when she thinks no one can hear!
    ...You know, Momma might have a point.

But if Momma's right about not being a hero, then is she not what I was waiting for in my egg?
    If she was not what I was waiting for...Then why did I hatch?

As I keep fighting, I can't help but get more and more frightened.

"Are you OK, Pi? You're not afraid of ghosts, are you? Because, really, ghosts aren't anything to be afraid of; not compared to the terrifying emptiness behind your own eyes and lurking in the underbelly of your own soul. You'll probably be fine."
    "No, that's not it."
    I can't remember what it was I was waiting for. Only a hero of justice.
    But I am supposed to know. I'm my Momma's holy sword to pierce the darkness.

...But... What I remember is stars. No, not stars. Just fragments of a world, like stars. I remember something like that inside my egg.
    ...I think something might have gone really wrong with ...with...That thing! The thing I'm doing! That thing! There are times I remember, and times I forget, and...

And I think...

"...Momma?"
    I draw little face in the dirt with my feet.[/color]
    "Yeah, Pi?"
    "...What...What happens when you know too much?"

If I hadn't thought this...

I maybe coulda gone on not thinking it. Everything could have been fine.

She stops and looks at me for a long time. Then she sits down on the wet cave floor, and I run up into her lap.

"Nothing. Everything. It all depends. Knowledge is a sort of magic, because it transforms the world -- it transforms the world by leaving it untransformed, opens it up and makes it completely different, and this, too, was how it always was.
    ...I think. Sometimes, it's just annoying. Like I really want to know the dying thoughts of plants that withered hundreds of years ago. Shouldn't even have thoughts, really. No proper nervous systems.
    Morphogenetic field BS, that's probably what that is."

"...Momma?"

"...I'm sorry. Sorry. I was rambling. But... Do you want to talk about it?"
    If she knows, will she be mad? That things aren't right?
    "...No."
    More than anything, more than anything else -- I don't want her to be mad!

She nods slowly and thoughtfully, like she's thinking me over real careful-like.

"Then what I can say is this: You're still pretty young, right? You're going to learn lots of things. They may be good or bad... But they just mean you're growing up. Growing. Growing into an unstoppable force. Galaxies tremble in your breath now; your knowledge slowly warps space-time. Men will one day look back and wish they had stopped you; they cannot stop you now. Women weep... But you'll always my friend, OK?"
    And her warm hand pats my head, running over the soft points and finding the little nooks between them, like the empty spots of a crown. Her face blurs from light -- or tears -- and I'm left only with her hand.

And that realization sends fear shaking through me, because whatever it is -- that I should do, that I've lost, that's wrong... -- Momma's someone that can't be argued with.

I don't want to worry her. I don't want her to be sad or alone.
    Light fills my vision -- and inside is something dark and boundless, neither warm nor cold.

I will protect her, and...I'll try to understand. For her, if not for my purpose, if not for me.

"Oh, my...Who knew a little advice could go that far? Congrats!"
    "Yaay? Yaaay!" I am not sure if this is a good thing, but OK~!

...I'll find it. What I'm supposed to do for her. Pinky promise. Cross my heart and hope to die.

"Wait, that's what you mean by floating?"

"Uh, I guess...?"

"Put me in, coach! I'm ready for a fight!"

"...Maybe later, Ali."

After all, we have other pokemon to train up, both actively and passively! I bet Pi would like a break, too.

So we're taking out Wiggler, a little caterpie I found...

And pairing him up -- for practice at least, with our next battler...

A story of shells

"You'll be listening to me, Bowser, got it!"
    "Y-yes..."
    "Well, it's not like he can do anything right now, Bowser; your job is to teach him."
    "Well, a teacher needs his minions --"
    "Ooh, ooh, you mean students, right?"
    "Student-minions, minions-in-training, whatever! To listen!"

Yeah, that's it! That's got to be it.

"See, it all works out when you listen to me!"

"Mwahaha! I'm just going to crush anything in my way!"

"You know, I thought you were going to do an inner monologue thing."
    "...Inner?"

OK, but seriously, there aint nothing in this cave that can stand up to me! Nothing!

"Hey, you, kid!"

"Y-yeah?"
    "Be impressed! Come on!"

He's just sort of wandering around! That's not cool at all!

"Um, uh...OK!"
    "You wanna be tough like me, don'tya? That's what every pokemon should want!"
    "Being...Like you...?"

"Yeah, yeah!"

Like...Being really good at hitting and biting and swimming! Being the best at digging up food from the lake bottom! Stuff like that!
    Yeah, this kid...Doesn't have any of that.

"Focus, kiddo! Toughen up!"
    He goes all pale in the face and looks around.

Then he closes his eyes.

And, uh, glows, and erupts in a fountain of...um...light-y...stuff. Look, if you wanted good with words, you should find someone else!
    Shoulda sent a poet.

"I-Is this tough enough?"
    June drapes her arm around my shoulder and leans in.
    "Look, could you say yes? He went through the trouble of evolving to impress you, so even if you have to fake it..."

Fake it?! Fake it?!

"Look at that! Dang right it's tough enough! He's a real bro!"

"...What?"
    "...What?"
    "Well, duh! Of course he is! He has the number one thing you need to be a member of my kingdom, my minion and bro... A SHELL!"

Everyone is stunned into silence by my radness.

"Let's get back to training, OK?"

"Hey, if I don't have a shell anymore, does that -- *hick* -- does that mean -- *sniffle* -- that we aren't bros anymore, big bro?"

"Is that even a shell? I mean, it's a cocoon. Does that really count?"
    "Um...Does this mean you'll keep things from eating me? Or not? That's, um, a little urgent..."
    "No one's going to eat you!"

"GRAAA! TOO MANY QUESTIONS!" Kings don't answer questions! Minions answer questions!
    I just have gang members! Isn't that important?
    "You aint gettin' eaten!" I snap.

"...K."
    He crumples back a bit. But then he smiles a little, too.

At least the fighting's good!

But these guys sure pack a punch! Well, as long as I can take them down! As long as that's true... Well, then it's just the sort of drag-out brawl that pumps the blood!

"You know, you didn't answer anything."
    "Well, do things like 'shells' vs 'cocoons' actually manner? I mean, it's all just a game, right? Quit being a spoil-sport, Belle!"
    "If you base a monarchy on them, yes!"
    "It's not a game! It's important! If I say I'm watching out for Pi and Wiggler 'n the boys back home... I freaking mean it!"

As long as I'm strong enough to beat anything I meet, as long as I keep getting stronger...
    Then I'm still their bro. I'm still the king of shells. Right?

When I yelled, he started glowing again. Is he gonna keep doing that?
    He needs to stop! It's really annoying!

"Well, now he definitely doesn't have a shell."
    "Well, that's true, but...I'm not sure that matters to anyone but you, Belle."
    "R-really? So...Even if I'm strong, we'll be able to train like this again sometime?"
    "Well, if timing allows. Or in off-hours...We've got a long journey."

He looked really happy. Darnit!
    "Hey! I'm the boss! I say if the squirt can take lessons from me again!...
    ... He can take lessons from me again! And you, too, Pi! Now I have flying minions! What matters isn't the shell on your body..."

"It's the shell in your head?"
    "Exactly!" Noogying these flying bozos takes some jumping! What a pain!

"Awww, man, that hurts..."

With that done, Bowser was pretty much able to train by himself for a while, and finish it up quickly.

Bowser considered condensing his practice with the guys into a new technique...

But no. That is for breakdancers.

Which leaves us with our final little bug in need of some EXP, the little violinist Viola.

Uh, rather than applying physical, or spiritual back up, Viola decided, with a serious expression, to provide... Musical back-up. Take it away, Viola.

The Story of a Song

"This looks like it'll be an easy training session."
    "I know that comes as a shock to you."

"As shocking as it'll be for me not to bite things!"
    "I'm sure you'll manage, right, Viola?"
    "Aw, come on! A good chomping's waaay too much fun to just throw away! *Chomp, Chomp, Chomp*"
    "Oooh, yeah? When I catch you with a slash and bat around your silly frilly ears... We'll see who's having fun!"

"That's if you can catch my ears! ...Which aren't silly!"

"...Well, she's playing better. That's good, right? Is she saying something I'm missing?"
    "Oh, oh, ask her if she knows the Fun song!"

"Fishing's so peaceful...But it's mostly a good idea with you."
    "I wish we didn't catch magikarp, though. They're soooo boring!"
    "Well, then you can stop scaring the bigger fish away by playing with the line."
    "But it's SHIIIINY."

"Huh? Is the song over?"
    "Do you take requests?"

That was...

My best performance. Until the next one, anyway.

"...Say. Why's everything covered in puddles? And when'd we get underground?"

...Let's just go back for my pokeballs and drop her off.

"Let's see, what sort do I want next..."
    Well, really, it's a bit hard to say: I go more off quantity than quality.

But let's go with these!

After that, we finish with Cleo...

And that just leaves Belle and I.
    "Do you think you can handle this? I mean, you're not much better off than Pi, in terms of variety..."
    "You worry too much. I have a plan!"

"There, see! Nature Power's perfect in caves. We're an unstoppable team, you and I!"

"...He begs to differ."
    "Point taken. run!"

"There! More unstoppable!"
    "I hope so..." Honestly, I'm not sure I can entirely wrap my head around defense. All I know how to do is take that which opposes me and then uncreate it, a process so horrifying I've sworn never to contemplate it again.
    "I don't know much about fighting on the defense, but...I'm sure we'll work it out."

"Well, yeah. That's what I mean! There's a lot to discover, and...No offense, but...There's a lot about you no one gets. But we can work it out, just a little at a time. It's going to be amazing! We'll be loved and admired everywhere, as the most unstoppable team!"
    I'm not sure I share that optimism, but... You know...

No matter what other stories may arise, and fall, and intersect...
    "This story is yours and mine!"

Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-03 at 03:08 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fantastic update.
    I am impressed by the variety of personalities you are creating. I bid you good luck on keeping them all straight. Most of them I wouldn't even know how to catalog without resorting to entire sentences

Nice song choice for Viola.

Up-To-Date: June's Pokemon List
    Last edited by Javan; 2014-09-03 at 05:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

A very nice update, even without the usual editing process. Pi's inner voice was very interesting, and getting inside of Bowser's head was a lot of fun, as was seeing Cleo try to take a more serious role, and getting into the mind of bugs and starter pokemon. All in all, a great training sessions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Error: Ali's second evolution shows Pi as a Togepi even though he'd evolved already.

Not that it matters so much considering June is June, but in this case Ali's evolution seems triggered by Pi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Error: Ali's second evolution shows Pi as a Togepi even though he'd evolved already.

Not that it matters so much considering June is June, but in this case Ali's evolution seems triggered by Pi's.
    In this case, it's just a matter of showing the sequences slightly out of order for clarity. It's not an editing goof at all -- they happened at the same fight, so it was either interrupt one with the other, or show one or the other out of sequence. The latter seemed a better idea.
    I meant in terms of font colors or formatting, since I'd switch about 3 of 4 times a line in some places, some of it while approaching levels of anxiety near panic, and I'm slightly stunned to hear I don't have everything spilling into the wrong place as a result.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-04 at 09:51 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

In this case, it's just a matter of showing the sequences slightly out of order for clarity. It's not an editing goof at all -- they happened at the same fight, so it was either interrupt one with the other, or show one or the other out of sequence. The latter seemed a better idea.
    I meant in terms of font colors or formatting, since I'd switch about 3 of 4 times a line in some places, some of it while approaching levels of anxiety near panic, and I'm slightly stunned to hear I don't have everything spilling into the wrong place as a result.
    As far as I saw, you did a really good job. No need for panic :)

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

I am, in fact, impressed.

Ok, terribly sorry if you've just come from one of the other threads and have read this message wholesale, just need to get the explanation out of the way quickly and in several places, since I don't know what people are checking, and know I don't have an entirely mutual readerbase on all things. So, here we go:

I've been thinking about my life in terms of time and projects, and thought I'd do a formal taking stock. While I'd be equally enthusiastic to work on all my projects, there's simply not enough hours in a day or energy in my body to do that. One of my biggest problems as a creator is ADHD, I know. So, I thought I'd turn to my audiences, since these are all public projects (my private projects are non-negotiable). Put simply, all other things being equal, I want to spend my energy on the things that people enjoy most.

Check Here

To that end, I have made a poll! It has all my active projects, an inactive project or two, and a hopefully joke option, and I'll generally adjust how I work on these in accordance with the results, with some things taking precedence where perhaps they did not, or coming into or out of inactivity -- or maybe, all will continue as before. I don't really know what the poll will show, though I think I can be confident about a few things; this one will probably do reasonably well, I'd hope. Though, I should add, the results are not the sole predictor of some matters, either; the projects themselves are slightly "weighted" in terms of effort and junk. Nothing's getting totally thrown away, though -- I'm promising that now.

I hope you forgive some self-indulgence, and should you vote, thank you for your time, this helps me a lot!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, that's what you meant:
    "AAAAH! That is not floating like a butterfly!"
    is in the wrong color and has a broken color tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

There might be some delays. Or problems. I'm not sure why, but for some reason my emulator is not happy with me, and won't actually load the game. Working on fixing that.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not going anywhere.
    What emulator are you using?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Desmume. It was working fine yesterday afternoon, but when I went to play some at night, to catch pokemon, it just stayed on a white screen.
    ...It might be time to pull out my intermission... Just a matter of working out the technical details on that.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

This will sound cliche, but have you tried downloading it again and copying your saves and rom over to the new download?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

I have, and it seems to work about as often as what I was using works: some of the time. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't, there is no appreciable difference in my computer's behavior between the two. I'll keep trying to work it out, and in the meanwhile, play RF3 and get to researching what I need for that intermission I was planning.

Rune Factory 3 and other games I have on there work fine, so it might be an issue with the ROM or the Patch, in which case...
    Uh, I dunno. Would a new copy play nice with my savestates and files, anyone?
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-17 at 02:17 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well a new ROM and/or patch would probably be compatible with your save states. Just make a separate copy of everything before you try out the new ROM and patch.
    I say probably because it is possible that something has gone horribly wrong, but probably not.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, since Pidove isn't in this hack, and we've already caught a Starly, I'm going to suggest the following names for our final bird Pokemon, Farfetch'd.

Ryouta
    Nageki
    Okosan
    Anghel (best bird no seriously vote for this one)
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2014-09-23 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

I vote for the name Mousse for the Farfetch'd. Because if it quacks like a duck, but can lay a smackdown on you...
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

I like Mousse as wellm

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

But ... but Hatoful Boyfriend!
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    But ... but Hatoful Boyfriend!
    Hawk, dearie, not everybody likes the concept of a pigeon dating simulator, even if you and Deme do. (Trying to be silly, not condescending).
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2014-09-24 at 08:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Hawk, dearie, not everybody likes the concept of a pigeon dating simulator, even if you and Deme do. (Trying to be silly, not condescending).
    What was that? Sorry, I was daydreaming about a Pidove dating simulator.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    What was that? Sorry, I was daydreaming about a Pidove dating simulator.
    You're allowed to do whatever you like. Just like we're allowed to not care for the concept.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Will I need to break up a fight? Don't make me turn this LP around, kids!

...That said, I have got things working again, so I can keep training until my headache lifts, try out that intermission when it's lifted.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Will I need to break up a fight? Don't make me turn this LP around, kids!

...That said, I have got things working again, so I can keep training until my headache lifts, try out that intermission when it's lifted.
    *chanting* "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the delays. I was getting everything rolling back to pace...And then I got sick. So, I'll be back to work on this when things are better.
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-09-29 at 04:33 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)