New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Crossdressing Thread

I love crossdressing, but, unfortunately, since I have quite a large chest and pronounced hips (even with a binder, I can't get my hips to go away, and I really hate using them unless necessary because they're so bad for you)

most people just think I'm a butch
    probably doesn't help that I won't cut my hair, just put it up under a hat

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    It's only fair that I share these again, since I started the thread.

Pics of me in the dresses I got last weekend. My firsts
    Spoiler
    Show

Beautiful.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Forgot I wanted to look at the pics when I got home from work. (Can't see most images from the work computer. )

It's only fair that I share these again, since I started the thread.

Pics of me in the dresses I got last weekend. My firsts
    Spoiler
    Show

Those are lovely dresses. I absolutely love the first one. You look beautiful in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I am envious of skirts. I like skirts a lot, especially long flowing ones. I also do have some old pictures of me in my dresses...

Spoiler: Dress!
    Show

This is from before the beard, mind.
    This also I lovely dress. Is that velour? I love velour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Yeeeaaah, I am barging in on your crossdressing thread.
    Feel free to toss me out on my bootheels if I get annoying.

My last name is Grant and we have an awesome as heck tartan. I do not look Scottish at all and would still wear one and have not really met a Scottish person who would beat you to a bloody pulp for wearing a kilt!

Yeah, wear them anyway! I mean... Look at this
    Spoiler: Men in skirts
    Show

While I am here, this may be a handy link for anyone who wants to dress manly-like. Or an interesting read. It was written by an FtM to supplement other FtM passing guides.
    I just want to comment on the first two images. Model number three, with the long flowing blonde hair looks the best. Sharp dressed. And honestly manly. Model four is nice too, except... The problem with model one, two, and four is they are obviously wearing pants under their skirts. For me, it ruins the look. Now, if they were wearing tights, it would have looked better. Stockings would have been even better, but then, that may have been asking too much of their models.

The second image is just like Model three. He's saying to the world, you can wear a skirt and still be manly. I like it.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I just want to comment on the first two images. Model number three, with the long flowing blonde hair looks the best. Sharp dressed. And honestly manly. Model four is nice too, except... The problem with model one, two, and four is they are obviously wearing pants under their skirts. For me, it ruins the look. Now, if they were wearing tights, it would have looked better. Stockings would have been even better, but then, that may have been asking too much of their models.

The second image is just like Model three. He's saying to the world, you can wear a skirt and still be manly. I like it.
    EDIT - I like number three as well! Personally, I think number two was fine with his trousers under the skirt and his outfit is my favourite but I agree with you for number one. Number four I think would've looked better if his trousers were ironed the way number two is but I think he also looks fine. I'm not saying your opinion is invalid just mentioning mine is different. I think your opinion is cool as well. ^^

I liked the second image though. I think he rocks his look well and confidently and the skirt reminds me of Viktor's skirt from the second Underworld movie for some reason 「which is awesome」 even though they're not really that similar.

I want to make at least one skirt to wear with trousers actually 「as well as a long skirt to wear without trousers, but that is beside the point」. Well, more like the lower part of a tabard with belts at the hips. I'd wear it with slightly tighter trousers than pictured and certainly not dress trousers. Unfortunately, I'm very on the fence about it because at the same time I really don't want to be mistaken for a woman more than I already am. I do realize there's nothing wrong with that, but it does make me personally uncomfortable. 「You could say it sounds like a personal issue and you would be right!」

I also want to make a robe, but that is also beside the point. Robes are awesome. Why are they reserved for wizards and eveningwear?

Actually, for my Ishida Uryuu cosplay I was expecting someone to mistake it for a dress or feminine outfit but nobody did even though most people at the event didn't know the character. My friend identified what I was wearing as a coat. 「I feel I've started off-topic and gone further off-topic somewhat」

EDIT - Weird wordings
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-04-20 at 02:34 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Since kilts were mentioned, I'll put my two cents in.

I find unbifurcated garments much more comfortable in general. I'm part Scottish and definitely look the part, complete with a red beard, when I grow it out. Hopefully, clothes restrictions will die down a bit in the coming years.

I couldn't pass for a woman, even if I wanted to. My feet a freaking huge at size 13 men's USA. And certain other attributes are far too large to hide easily either, as my wife can attest. It's another reason that kilts are comfortable as well.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I really do like Model 2's outfit. And really, from the picture, you can only just see that he's wearing trousers under the skirt. It all blends together quite nicely. But just knowing they are there, for me at least, ruins the effect.

And same for Model 4, though the trousers are more easily noticed.

Model 1s top is horrid to me. I like the skirt though. And oh my! What lovely hair. Seriously. Both he and Model 3 have beautiful hair. I'm almost ​jealous.

@ Rezkeshdadesh: I wouldn't mind buying a Kilt. Though, I'm not sure what I'd wear it with. But I want a traditional looking one, not a Utili-Kilt or a solid color leather one.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-04-20 at 03:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Herro,

I'm wearing clothes that don't match my sex, but do match my gender, so not sure if that's cross-dressing?

Generally I think the people who have problems with cross-dressing, don't understand gender identity anyway, so doesn't matter.

On with trying to look female!

I'm probably failing right now, because I don't have many clothes I like, and they don't work together. Also, I have no idea what to do with my hair.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Beautiful.
    Those are lovely dresses. I absolutely love the first one. You look beautiful in it.

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    Herro,

I'm wearing clothes that don't match my sex, but do match my gender, so not sure if that's cross-dressing?

Generally I think the people who have problems with cross-dressing, don't understand gender identity anyway, so doesn't matter.

On with trying to look female!

I'm probably failing right now, because I don't have many clothes I like, and they don't work together. Also, I have no idea what to do with my hair.
    I always thought crossdressing to be dressing in clothes that don't match your sex, irrespective of gender. I mean, I'm dressing to match my gender also but I still consider it crossdressing until some things change. But, I mean, who knows, the difference between sex and gender is still criminally misunderstood and I (or Wikipedia) could very well be wrong here.

If people are confused/offended/off-put by my use of the word "crossdressing" I can always change the name of the thread if you want.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I just say I still feel a bit weird crossdressing? Like, I'm afab who identifies as female, but sometimes I like to go out and be a guy. But I also feel a bit like it's not right because I'm not trans* or anything, I just like to mess with gender?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

10. - Top - End - #40

I always thought crossdressing to be dressing in clothes that don't match your sex, irrespective of gender. I mean, I'm dressing to match my gender also but I still consider it crossdressing until some things change. But, I mean, who knows, the difference between sex and gender is still criminally misunderstood and I (or Wikipedia) could very well be wrong here.

If people are confused/offended/off-put by my use of the word "crossdressing" I can always change the name of the thread if you want.
    I use the same definition as Razovor. cf. my post on page 1.

Still, some of the issues are the same, and I don't know any other word, so the title is fine.
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Can I just say I still feel a bit weird crossdressing? Like, I'm afab who identifies as female, but sometimes I like to go out and be a guy. But I also feel a bit like it's not right because I'm not trans* or anything, I just like to mess with gender?
    Seems OK to me. I guess you could be gender fluid, but you get to wear whatever you like. My point is I don't think it's wrong or that you need to feel it is because you're not trans.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2014-04-20 at 06:04 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

It's probably usual to feel a bit weird about it, but you don't have to do. It doesn't seem 'not right' to me.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Go for it. Seriously. Only reason I don't think about trying to dress female is I wouldn't be able to pull them off. I'm amab, identify male, and am cis. I just think skirts look cool and would like to see how being perceived as female changes stuff.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2014-04-20 at 06:50 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

14. - Top - End - #44

Padded panties ordered. Can't wait to see how these look! Hopefully they're good too. It was hard to find ones that were highly rated around the net.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2014-04-21 at 04:37 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I certainly don't need ass padding, but something around the hips would add some nice curves. Or maybe simply remove the belly fat. I was mistaken for a girl, twice, from behind before my tummy started growing, by simply wearing a tightish undershirt and cargo pants. Anyone know any good exercises to target that area? Not trying to get buff, just trying to melt the belly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Well, I certainly don't need ass padding, but something around the hips would add some nice curves. Or maybe simply remove the belly fat. I was mistaken for a girl, twice, from behind before my tummy started growing, by simply wearing a tightish undershirt and cargo pants. Anyone know any good exercises to target that area? Not trying to get buff, just trying to melt the belly.
    A) Walking. Just go for decent length walks on a regular basis. One of the easiest-but-still-effective exercises you'll ever do. Hits your lower abs pretty well.

B) Crunches.

That's what I've got :p
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

A) Walking. Just go for decent length walks on a regular basis. One of the easiest-but-still-effective exercises you'll ever do. Hits your lower abs pretty well.

B) Crunches.

That's what I've got :p
    What's a 'decent length'? Any idea how many is a good number of crunches to start for someone with damn low torso strength? I am lucky if I can do *1* push up.

18. - Top - End - #48

What's a 'decent length'? Any idea how many is a good number of crunches to start for someone with damn low torso strength? I am lucky if I can do *1* push up.
    I generally walk 3-4 miles each day going to school.. I usually throw in one or two walks more like 5-6 miles on weekends (these are round-trip distances). Walk for at least a half an hour each time you do (my walks are generally about an hour). That's lower than the daily recommended amount even, but it seems to work for me, at least on a daily basis.

Crunches are a lot easier than pushups, so... 2 or 3 sets of ten to start out with? Just go until you can't the first time, so you have an idea of your limits. Then just do what you can do and slowly work up. Some is better than none.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2014-04-21 at 08:59 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

For me, an hour walk, but I don't have a car so I walk very regularly anyway. >.>

I do recommend almost anything that gets the heart pumping to burn fat. Jog a kilometre 「or mile」 a day, go swimming, ride a bicycle, stuff you like to do like that.

Uh, I know this one sounds weird as well, but after stretches and warming up a bit, high energy dancing is also good if you like that sort of thing. There's a reason Zumba or whatever it is is a little popular.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I would probably start with a few sets of ten maybe? You could try seeing how many until you get a little tired then do that then rest and do it again a couple of times.

Do be really careful though unless you happen to know someone who's a trainer-y person because some exercises 「like squats」 can really hurt if you do them incorrectly. I'm sure you knew that already, I just wanted to make sure. ^^
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Diet does even more than exercise for simply burning fat. If you're trying to lose weight, try keeping a food journal to track your calorie intake. Lots of people snack more than they realize.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Here are some pictures of my hair;

Spoiler
    Show

At the moment my hair is just generally messy while I grow it out. It's quite thick, and seems to curl with no regularity. How do I make it look more feminine? I've always liked the look of long red hair, but have no idea whether that would work with skin tone and stuff.

I'm going to go have a better go at shaving.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

You could get bangs?

If you want to straighten your hair some styling tongs would be handy.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

My hair was sitting on my forehead for a while, but now it's too long, and covers my eyes if I try it.

I don't necessarily mind curls, I just have no idea how to get them to curl...nicely. One side looks very different to the other.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razovor View Post
    My hair was sitting on my forehead for a while, but now it's too long, and covers my eyes if I try it.

I don't necessarily mind curls, I just have no idea how to get them to curl...nicely. One side looks very different to the other.
    Well, at least you have hair. I started going bald when I was nineteen. I know how Durkon feels.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about it, I just realised that I've been wearing a sarong around the house for the past week, and it's pretty much as close to a skirt/kilt as I'll be getting for a while. Commando, of course. Gotta be careful how I sit though, lest the family gets an eyeful.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Padded panties ordered. Can't wait to see how these look! Hopefully they're good too. It was hard to find ones that were highly rated around the net.
    Did you ever get you padded panties? How do you like them?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I have not, as yet, being able to do the exercise I planned, but I have being able to keep a food log and I find it is helping me eat less, less likely to just thoughtlessly eat out of habit, and going for other things, like herbal tea when I feel peckish.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

I found this article last month. I haven't done any of the exercises yet, but they looked as if they might do the job right. I really should start doing them.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

The word "crossdressing" sounds a bit silly to me, but I wear women's clothes all the time. Tops/trousers/coats and such daily, but also skirts/leggings/tights pretty frequently. Makeup too, dunno if that counts or whatever.
    I tend to just browse both men's and women's clothes and buy whatever I feel comfortable in, but it seems to be a bigger deal for some, so I dunno how much I can relate other people posting here.

~fwoosh
    Last edited by Nameless; 2014-04-28 at 12:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Did you ever get you padded panties? How do you like them?
    Yeah I got them a couple days ago. They help give me a more feminine sway while walking, and a better shape while in profile, but I'm not sure it helps that much from the front. Though I don't have any tight enough pants for it show, just dresses right now.
    Show