New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
    If your characters are upstairs, please say so to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty often-cleaned and torn patched pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.
    Mist Anders is usually at the bar, with all the convenient tools like that in his pockets. The fox-boy is currently both the bartender and the waiter, but don't worry, his hands won't shed into your drinks.
    Also nearly always there is the current manager Naku, her long hair and pale complexion complemented by her pretty smile which just so happens to reveal a set of fangs.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time it's homey. Its repair might be a difficult fix, but its cleanliness is usually not a problem unless someone's kept the employees from fixing that up. Mist has too much time on his hands.

Current Staff:
    Naku - Barkeep and Manager
    Mist Anders- Barboy
    /*Not Empty*/ - Barmaid
    Empty - Waiter
    Strahd - Cook
    Empty - Bard

HIRING: Could use a Bard. Or maybe not, if you asked for the post already just remind us!

THE MENU:
    Spoiler
    Show

Under Complete Overhaul. Until it's done, just ask Naku and/or Mist for something.

Wines*:
    Fender Bender Mender: A nice wine mixed with a healing potion. Comes in non-alcoholic. No one can quite decide on what it tastes like, as it likes healing taste-buds and making itself taste divine.
    Bar Drinks*: RC Nuka Cola. A fairly decent knock-off without the unfortunate ingredient of radiation
    Beers, Ales & Such*: If it's found in the Nexus, there's probably a pint of it somewhere
    Food: Roast Pheasant, barbecued ribs, fresh fruit, and honestly anything you could probably think of. Or that you couldn't, Strahd does that sometimes.
    Dessert:

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

Some Excellent Poems
    Dancing Fox Inn and DFI '09
    The Ballad of the Inn
    We Dream of a Town
    Spoiler
    Show

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
    Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

And, as such,
    On Violence:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The DFI is a peaceful place. There has been some IC, as well as OoC, talk about it, and the end result is 'please, for the sake of everyone else, don't do it'. If you want to fight, go elsewhere.
    If you insist on fighting here, you will probably find your weapons turning into nerf versions of what they used to be, until you leave. After you leave they'll be returned to what they should be.
    If you try to teleport someone out so you can kill them, it will fizzle and not work. Teleporting out in order to go do plot or RP stuff is fine. Just not to work around the rules and kill someone.
    Lastly, if you choose to ignore these and keep trying to fight, you will either be ignored, or the entire inn and everyone else in it will be teleported off somewhere else, leaving you where it had been completely alone.
    Or, you might find that there's a Nerf gun in your holster instead of your Glock. And a cheese stick in your knife sheathe. And generally other odd coincidences which would make that loadout rather useless.

Though please just don't.

Enjoy your stay.

And no, Mist can't dance, no matter what the name might have led you to believe.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist scoffs and sarcastically turns his head to the side.
    "And what did I just say about not objectifying? " he says, apparently leaving his boss to deal with that particular customer.
    "Oh, c'mon, how is that objectifying?" Tina asks, laughter mingling with her words. The girl may or may not fully understand what that term means. She crosses her arms and looks at him, those dark eyes gleaming. "I guess you'll just go dateless forever."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

Between being drugged and cut off from Amelia the wires seem to quiet down to the point that Yuki should be able to ignore them as harmless. When the young doctor turns back to Amelia he might be annoyed to find the wires already starting to grow back from where he was cutting them away.
    Amelia's Room

Sighing in relief, Yuki turns his attention once again to the wires within Amelia's system. He begins drawing out the remnant magic once again, this time making sure that no wires enter his orb. Once he's satisfied that there is insufficient magic for the wires to draw on, he starts cutting again.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"It counts close enough when you're thinking of people just for things like that instead of as just people. But yes, clearly I'll be stuck single forever, working in a job which requires me to talk to various pretty girls who come in without any obligations. Truly a most terrible fate." he says with a smirk of his snout and ears.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Claire re-enters the inn and sits with the rest of her group. Strangely, Elendro and Nekokaburi haven't arrived yet.
    "Sorry I took so long. You lot enjoy your food?" Claire asks nonchalantly.
    "I could fight a Chikyuu-jin man with blonde hair," Kyran says heartily. "But first, I'll have to pay for the food. Do you think this place takes debit? If not, I have a few bars of karenshi-lyte I could break into strips, assuming conversion exists here."
    "Given the nature of the Nexus, I would assume there is a fair conversion rate that would round out to a mere few strips," Anastrinna says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mist and Fettina may notice Thalia blushing profusely.
    I think she heard them completely
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #7

And here enters a new person, well at least he is new to the Dancing Fox Inn. The man, 6'2" tall, wears a long white labcoat and some Jeans under it. His black hair is cut short adn his left eye seems to miss eye color.
    He will sit down at the bar, hopefully seeing the barkeeper or barboy.

"A beer, please." Andy orders. He tries to avoid appearing a bit sad, but coming alone into a bar for a drink can't be a happy moment, right?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #8

"Well, y'know, dying is sorta the plan B and I'd rather not, but.." He makes a face and lets that like die off there. Real pleasant conversation they're having here, and despite his best attempts in staring at the empty glass, his Irish milkshake doesn't appear to be refilling itself.

"Yeah, diinosaurs are neat. Uh, you're gonna want a hazmat suit, the whole place is kinda bad for humans, so, suit up or magic up or something."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-22 at 12:37 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    And here enters a new person, well at least he is new to the Dancing Fox Inn. The man, 6'2" tall, wears a long white labcoat and some Jeans under it. His black hair is cut short adn his left eye seems to miss eye color.
    He will sit down at the bar, hopefully seeing the barkeeper or barboy.

"A beer, please." Andy orders. He tries to avoid appearing a bit sad, but coming alone into a bar for a drink can't be a happy moment, right?
    "Of course." Naku says, grabbing him a beer, and handing it across the bar to the man. "You all right?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

10. - Top - End - #10

Andy takes the beer and drops a few coins, enougth for the beer and a tip. He takes a sip befor he speaks up.

"I'm alright. It's just this doctor stuff that bothers me. You tell a patient to rest at least for a bit, but they immediatly think they are ok and up for another deadly task. Damn I don't got those magical powers."

Then he takes another deep sip of the beer and looks down into the rest of it, maybe watching his own reflection on the beer.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "It counts close enough when you're thinking of people just for things like that instead of as just people. But yes, clearly I'll be stuck single forever, working in a job which requires me to talk to various pretty girls who come in without any obligations. Truly a most terrible fate." he says with a smirk of his snout and ears.
    "Sheesh, what sorta things are you thinking of?" Tina asks, her thin, crystalline voice turned teasing. "I'll admit, I do see plenty of talking in your future."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #12

Andy takes the beer and drops a few coins, enougth for the beer and a tip. He takes a sip befor he speaks up.

"I'm alright. It's just this doctor stuff that bothers me. You tell a patient to rest at least for a bit, but they immediatly think they are ok and up for another deadly task. Damn I don't got those magical powers."

Then he takes another deep sip of the beer and looks down into the rest of it, maybe watching his own reflection on the beer.
    "That I understand. It happened back home quite a bit. Heck, I've done it more than once. 'No doc, I'm fine, I swear. I'm just going to pop all these stitches and bleed out everywhere being dumb'.

Did anyone die?"
    Naku asks, somewhat sadly.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Sighing in relief, Yuki turns his attention once again to the wires within Amelia's system. He begins drawing out the remnant magic once again, this time making sure that no wires enter his orb. Once he's satisfied that there is insufficient magic for the wires to draw on, he starts cutting again.
    Well he is in for a long and most likely very tiring process. The wires try and regrow, and he has to cut more. A couple of times he will probably have to go back to an area he thought was clear of the malicious magic to cut away a resurgance of the wires. Depending on his stamina he might not be able to get it all done in one sitting, and if he does he should be pretty tired. Not Amelia though, after awhile she will safely drift off into sleep and will probably be well rested once the operation is done.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "That I understand. It happened back home quite a bit. Heck, I've done it more than once. 'No doc, I'm fine, I swear. I'm just going to pop all these stitches and bleed out everywhere being dumb'.

Did anyone die?"
    Naku asks, somewhat sadly.
    Andy looks up a bit shocked.

"You should really contact someone to look over it." he replies, assuming she still got the scares.

"I hope not." he answers her question afterwards. "He just disapeared. And I got no idea where he went."

15. - Top - End - #15

Andy looks up a bit shocked.

"You should really contact someone to look over it." he replies, assuming she still got the scares.

"I hope not." he answers her question afterwards. "He just disapeared. And I got no idea where he went."
    Naku shakes her head slightly. "That was a long time ago. I'm all right. Thank you though."

She nods at his other response, though. "Was the patient a friend of yours?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Andy let's out a sight as he hears that things are long ago. At least that means it didn't kill her so he doesn't need to worry.

"No. He was barly alive when he came in and after I treated him we didn't talked much. I just told him to wait a day befor leaving bed, but he didn't listen. It doesn't need tp be a friend to feel bad about it."

17. - Top - End - #17

Elendro and Nekokaburi re-enter the bar. However, Elendro walks past his group's table and goes directly to the bar, looking exhausted and a little more pale than usual. He presses his hands against his face and looks close to dozing off.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

18. - Top - End - #18

A handsome stranger slips inside the Dancing Fox, setting the lady-folk abuzz. Well, at least that's how he'd go about narrating it. This stranger's certainly not ugly. He's a big, Caucasian fellow, about as human as they come (at least on his planet). He's possessed of strong, broad features, and has a big mouth well suited to a good laugh or a crude boast. His skin is fair, if slightly pale, and his hair is dark. A few days worth of stubble lingers around his chin and jaw, lending a bit of roughness to his otherwise clean face.

He's dressed casual. His hair's a bit long, and he's got it combed tightly back against his head.

John (as that's what he's come to call himself) lowers himself onto a stool beside one miss Thalia, his eyes turning immediately upon her. "Hi there," he says, in about the most relaxed tone of voice you'll ever hear. If you're gonna sit next to someone you oughta at least be polite.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Andy let's out a sight as he hears that things are long ago. At least that means it didn't kill her so he doesn't need to worry.

"No. He was barly alive when he came in and after I treated him we didn't talked much. I just told him to wait a day befor leaving bed, but he didn't listen. It doesn't need tp be a friend to feel bad about it."
    At this, a man next to him at the bar shifts toward Andy, unable to resist chiming in. He's about 6'1'', wearing slightly outdated clothes and an increasing look of concern.

"Sorry to interrupt," Suscipio begins. "but did you say he simply vanished? Your patient I mean. Do you remember any physical description or maybe what was wrong with his condition when he came to see you?"

He then turns to the barkeep and nods politely.

"Might I have another beer for this man here, and a Djinn and Tonic for me if you've any in stock?"

I feel a story behind this.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    A handsome stranger slips inside the Dancing Fox, setting the lady-folk abuzz. Well, at least that's how he'd go about narrating it. This stranger's certainly not ugly. He's a big, Caucasian fellow, about as human as they come (at least on his planet). He's possessed of strong, broad features, and has a big mouth well suited to a good laugh or a crude boast. His skin is fair, if slightly pale, and his hair is dark. A few days worth of stubble lingers around his chin and jaw, lending a bit of roughness to his otherwise clean face.

He's dressed casual. His hair's a bit long, and he's got it combed tightly back against his head.

John (as that's what he's come to call himself) lowers himself onto a stool beside one miss Thalia, his eyes turning immediately upon her. "Hi there," he says, in about the most relaxed tone of voice you'll ever hear. If you're gonna sit next to someone you oughta at least be polite.
    Hello.
    thalia simply replies, smiling slightly as she sips her drink.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Sheesh, what sorta things are you thinking of?" Tina asks, her thin, crystalline voice turned teasing. "I'll admit, I do see plenty of talking in your future."
    Mist shrugs.
    "you know, I think you might just be making fun of me." he says with another scoff.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    Elendro and Nekokaburi re-enter the bar. However, Elendro walks past his group's table and goes directly to the bar, looking exhausted and a little more pale than usual. He presses his hands against his face and looks close to dozing off.
    "You look terrible. What happened, and can I get you anything?"

"It definitely doesn't need to be a friend to feel bad about it, I agree. But it's always worse when it is a friend." Naku says, sighing and shaking her head slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    At this, a man next to him at the bar shifts toward Andy, unable to resist chiming in. He's about 6'1'', wearing slightly outdated clothes and an increasing look of concern.

"Sorry to interrupt," Suscipio begins. "but did you say he simply vanished? Your patient I mean. Do you remember any physical description or maybe what was wrong with his condition when he came to see you?"

"Might I have another beer for this man here, and a Djinn and Tonic for me if you've any in stock?"

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, kneeling and drawing out the various alcohols. She slides the beer across to Andy, and quickly mixes up the Djinn and Tonic. "Anything else?" She asks, sliding the drink across to the man.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

"If you need a doctor, well here I am." Andy says. He is allways on duty, even at his breakes.

"Well, he missed the bones of one leg and the other leg was broken badly. I fixed both so he should be able to walk again very soon. And no, I won't give you a description. I don't know you and so I don't know what your concerns are."

((The char he is talking about isn't one of mine. I go ask the player if he wantes to ger searched.))

"It definitely doesn't need to be a friend to feel bad about it, I agree. But it's always worse when it is a friend." Naku says, sighing and shaking her head slightly.

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, kneeling and drawing out the various alcohols. She slides the beer across to Andy, and quickly mixes up the Djinn and Tonic. "Anything else?" She asks, sliding the drink across to the man.

Andy tries to stop her befor she makes the beer.

"No thanks. Mine is still half full. Maybe later if I'm done, if I don't have to work."
    he sais with a look at the pale guy.
    "And yes, it's allways bad to loose a friend or girlfriend that way." he says with a deep sight.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-04-24 at 03:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Elendro takes a deep breath and tries to recollect his thoughts. "Unngh. Flagon of dwarven mead. Extra iron supplement, if you can." He drops two solid slips of gold-plated karenshi-lyte.

"If you need a doctor, well here I am." Andy says. He is allways on duty, even at his breakes.
    "Mighty kind of you, sir. But unless you have a blood pack on hand, I'll have to deal with a little wooziness for a week." He bows his head slightly and cracks a tiny smile.

25. - Top - End - #25

Andy tries to stop her befor she makes the beer.

"No thanks. Mine is still half full. Maybe later if I'm done, if I don't have to work."
    he sais with a look at the pale guy.
    "And yes, it's allways bad to loose a friend or girlfriend that way." he says with a deep sight.
    "Well, all right. I'll keep it over here and cold for you. But it's yours if you want it." Naku says, taking it back, and putting the beer back under the bar.

Elendro takes a deep breath and tries to recollect his thoughts. "Unngh. Flagon of dwarven mead. Extra iron supplement, if you can." He drops two solid slips of gold-plated karenshi-lyte.

"Mighty kind of you, sir. But unless you have a blood pack on hand, I'll have to deal with a little wooziness for a week." He bows his head slightly and cracks a tiny smile.
    As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, "I could . . . maybe . . . help?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

[COLOR="#4B0082"]As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, "I could . . . maybe . . . help?"
    "How do you figure?" Elendro asks slurredly. And that's before he starts drinking. When he starts drinking, he recoils lightly, putting the tankard down and swallowing down just a few sips.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, he missed the bones of one leg and the other leg was broken badly. I fixed both so he should be able to walk again very soon. And no, I won't give you a description. I don't know you and so I don't know what your concerns are."

((The char he is talking about isn't one of mine. I go ask the player if he wantes to ger searched.))
    Taken slightly aback, Suscipio reels from the comment.

"Terribly sorry. Pardon my concern." he says eyes suddenly wide in confusion. He looks back to Naku. "Thank you, that'd be it for me."

He turns back to his drink and hands over the money for both.

28. - Top - End - #28

"How do you figure?" Elendro asks slurredly. And that's before he starts drinking. When he starts drinking, he recoils lightly, putting the tankard down and swallowing down just a few sips.
    "Weeeelllll. I am a Blood Mage. I could probably kick-start your blood cell regen. You might need some extra food to make up for the fuel it'll burn pretty quickly, but I could try?"

Taken slightly aback, Suscipio reels from the comment.

"Terribly sorry. Pardon my concern." he says eyes suddenly wide in confusion. He looks back to Naku. "Thank you, that'd be it for me."

He turns back to his drink and hands over the money for both.
    "If you're sure." Naku says, taking the money, and putting it into a bag on her waist. "So what brings you here?" She asks, also somewhat taken aback by the comment.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

"If you're sure." Naku says, taking the money, and putting it into a bag on her waist. "So what brings you here?" She asks, also somewhat taken aback by the comment.
    The condensation drips down the glass, and Suscipio glosses over a few memories in his head. He turns a bit and considers the words, taking a small drink.

"Good question. This is the best place for some rest, or so I'm told. I suppose I wander. Normally I enjoy hearing about others' journeys. I assume you've witnessed many come and go through your tavern. A good amount of stories to accompany that coin-purse, I take it?" Suscipio shoots a grin her way. "Possibly any you'd like to share over that beer? I understand if your work demands your sobriety, however."

30. - Top - End - #30

"Weeeelllll. I am a Blood Mage. I could probably kick-start your blood cell regen. You might need some extra food to make up for the fuel it'll burn pretty quickly, but I could try?"
    "How convenient. And I just ordered a flagon of ironed-out beer, so that'll keep the anaemia away. Elendro takes another sip of this. What got him to order alcoholic drinks this bitter, again?
    "Anything I should know about this procedure? Is it going to hurt?"