New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    The condensation drips down the glass, and Suscipio glosses over a few memories in his head. He turns a bit and considers the words, taking a small drink.

"Good question. This is the best place for some rest, or so I'm told. I suppose I wander. Normally I enjoy hearing about others' journeys. I assume you've witnessed many come and go through your tavern. A good amount of stories to accompany that coin-purse, I take it?" Suscipio shoots a grin her way. "Possibly any you'd like to share over that beer? I understand if your work demands your sobriety, however."
    "I don't think I could argue. What with the non-violence policy we have, we're the safest inn in the Nexus, to my knowledge.

I've seen more than my share come through,"
    Naku says, nodding in agreement. "I could share some of my own, I don't think I could share of others', though." With that, Naku looks around, and shrugs slightly. "I could go for a drink, I think. Not too much going on, and it'll take more than one drink to get me drunk."

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "How convenient. And I just ordered a flagon of ironed-out beer, so that'll keep the anaemia away. Elendro takes another sip of this. What got him to order alcoholic drinks this bitter, again?
    "Anything I should know about this procedure? Is it going to hurt?"
    "Sounds great!" Naku says, vaulting the bar. "It shouldn't hurt. Unless your natural blood regeneration process hurts? Because I'm just going to speed that up.

Ready?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2014-04-24 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Elena is quietly and curiously watching, wondering what exactly Naku is doing...And worried she might lose control. So she's ready to try to stop things, should something bad happen.

((Not that I think that they will, OOC, but Elena doesn't know that, does she?))

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Sounds great!" Naku says, vaulting the bar. "It shouldn't hurt. Unless your natural blood regeneration process hurts? Because I'm just going to speed that up.

Ready?"
    "One second." Elendro chugs down a large gulp of his drink, shuddering as the bitter taste leads down his throat. He nods his head and takes a deep breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

"I don't think I could argue. What with the non-violence policy we have, we're the safest inn in the Nexus, to my knowledge.

I've seen more than my share come through,"
    Naku says, nodding in agreement. "I could share some of my own, I don't think I could share of others', though." With that, Naku looks around, and shrugs slightly. "I could go for a drink, I think. Not too much going on, and it'll take more than one drink to get me drunk."
    The grin slowly turns to beaming, with each word. "Naturally."

Suscipio notes the red eyes of the woman in front of him. He barely tilts his head in silent curiosity. Not that he didn't notice before, but her mention of tolerance sparked a connection in Suscipio's mind. Wheels turn in his head.

Maybe if I could get her to laugh. Or just smile.

"I don't suppose I ought to credit that to your work behind the bar, should I?" he says, with a hint of suggestion behind every syllable that tip-toes from his mouth.

5. - Top - End - #35

"One second." Elendro chugs down a large gulp of his drink, shuddering as the bitter taste leads down his throat. He nods his head and takes a deep breath.
    "Kay? Kay. Here we go." And then she taps his shoulder. With that, his natural regen should get kicked into overdrive until it's done resupplying all the blood he had lost! Which should be pretty quick. He's probably going to get quite hungry, though.

The grin slowly turns to beaming, with each word. "Naturally."

Suscipio notes the red eyes of the woman in front of him. He barely tilts his head in silent curiosity. Not that he didn't notice before, but her mention of tolerance sparked a connection in Suscipio's mind. Wheels turn in his head.

Maybe if I could get her to laugh. Or just smile.

"I don't suppose I ought to credit that to your work behind the bar, should I?" he says, with a hint of suggestion behind every syllable that tip-toes from his mouth.
    "Hmmm?" Naku asks, eyebrow raised in curiosity. "How do you mean?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sophia (see avatar) enters the DFI, and aits down at the bar
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #37

"Kay? Kay. Here we go." And then she taps his shoulder. With that, his natural regen should get kicked into overdrive until it's done resupplying all the blood he had lost! Which should be pretty quick. He's probably going to get quite hungry, though.
    Elendro's stomach growls very loudly, but his face regains a slight tan, and his energy is back up. He then lays out a bar of karenshi-lyte and says, "Meeeeeaaaat." He also takes out strips of cash moderately larger than the slips he paid for the beer and said, "Here's the tab for my group. Tell the barboy and the chef they were great at service." Another four slips of karenshi-lyte.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmmm?" Naku asks, eyebrow raised in curiosity. "How do you mean?"
    "Your station, miss. A barkeep could hardly be considered...err, what was it, a 'lightweight', I believe it was." Suscipio says, his eyes dancing about the woman. He then looks down, sheepishly. After a pause, his eyes return to her.

I sincerely hope I used that correctly. On another note, she didn't seem to give any indication that might confirm my suspicions, however. Perhaps, I ought to just be a bit more forward.

"Then again, I've found it's best to hold no presumptions of other people. At the same time, I can't help but notice your ruby eyes and purple hair. If I didn't know any better, I might've pegged you an elf, miss. Though, research over a few long years makes me suspect otherwise. Not to mention, I know few elves who hold well their drink." he finishes his statement with another sip and an ever-growing curious look from behind a tipped glass.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-04-25 at 12:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Elendro's stomach growls very loudly, but his face regains a slight tan, and his energy is back up. He then lays out a bar of karenshi-lyte and says, "Meeeeeaaaat." He also takes out strips of cash moderately larger than the slips he paid for the beer and said, "Here's the tab for my group. Tell the barboy and the chef they were great at service." Another four slips of karenshi-lyte.
    Naku takes the cash with a grateful nod. "I will pass those along. Thank you very much."

"Your station, miss. A barkeep could hardly be considered...err, what was it, a 'lightweight', I believe it was." Suscipio says, his eyes dancing about the woman. He then looks down, sheepishly. After a pause, his eyes return to her.

I sincerely hope I used that correctly. On another note, she didn't seem to give any indication that might confirm my suspicions, however. Perhaps, I ought to just be a bit more forward.

"Then again, I've found it's best to hold no presumptions of other people. At the same time, I can't help but notice your ruby eyes and purple hair. If I didn't know any better, I might've pegged you an elf, miss. Though, research over a few long years makes me suspect otherwise. Not to mention, I know few elves who hold well their drink." he finishes his statement with another sip and an ever-growing curious look from behind a tipped glass.
    At this, though, Naku laughs, smiling widely to show that yes, her teeth are quite pointy.
    "No, I'm no elf." Naku had noticed the man's eyes wandering, and had a fairly amused, curious expression on her face. "Would have been interesting if I were, but no. I'm just a normal, boring human." She says this with a still fairly amused half-grin on her face, though.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

At this, though, Naku laughs, smiling widely to show that yes, her teeth are quite pointy.
    "No, I'm no elf." Naku had noticed the man's eyes wandering, and had a fairly amused, curious expression on her face. "Would have been interesting if I were, but no. I'm just a normal, boring human." She says this with a still fairly amused half-grin on her face, though.
    A chuckle and a smile to match finds itself on Suscipio.

"Well, a toast to us boring humans, then." he lifts his glass, all the while accompanied by a familiar feeling. "What then, would be your stories? I'll stay awake, I promise." Suscipio leans forward and rests his head atop two open hands, his arms pillars to hold it up, as if to ensure his point. His smirk unfading.

11. - Top - End - #41

Naku takes the cash with a grateful nod. "I will pass those along. Thank you very much."
    "Ya, no problem." Elendro's appetite starts to sit deeply, and he takes the entire flagon of dwarven mead in his tankard, ignoring the taste entirely, just looking to get something to get rid of this rumbly feeling his stomach is getting.

12. - Top - End - #42

A chuckle and a smile to match finds itself on Suscipio.

"Well, a toast to us boring humans, then." he lifts his glass, all the while accompanied by a familiar feeling. "What then, would be your stories? I'll stay awake, I promise." Suscipio leans forward and rests his head atop two open hands, his arms pillars to hold it up, as if to ensure his point. His smirk unfading.
    And Naku raises her mug that she got from somewhere along with him!
    "Hmmm. Well. What do you want to hear? Before or after I came to own this place?"

Naku lets Elendro nom his stuffs. Though she does hold the container of alcohol up, her offer left unspoken.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Taken slightly aback, Suscipio reels from the comment.

"Terribly sorry. Pardon my concern." he says eyes suddenly wide in confusion. He looks back to Naku. "Thank you, that'd be it for me."

He turns back to his drink and hands over the money for both.
    "Don't worry," andy replies. " That's just for the safty of my patient. As said, your a foreigner to me. I can't know if you maybe the one causing the wounds."
    "Well, all right. I'll keep it over here and cold for you. But it's yours if you want it." Naku says, taking it back, and putting the beer back under the bar.

As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, "I could . . . maybe . . . help?"
    "Thanks." Andy just replies befor Naku heads of for story trading.
    Elendro takes a deep breath and tries to recollect his thoughts. "Unngh. Flagon of dwarven mead. Extra iron supplement, if you can." He drops two solid slips of gold-plated karenshi-lyte.

"Mighty kind of you, sir. But unless you have a blood pack on hand, I'll have to deal with a little wooziness for a week." He bows his head slightly and cracks a tiny smile.
    "No, but I got medicin that speeds the blood production up. It's not as fast as her way as I see it, but it would suffer the same side effect."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "No, but I got medicin that speeds the blood production up. It's not as fast as her way as I see it, but it would suffer the same side effect."
    Elendro holds his finger up to wait whilst he finishes this last chew of meat. He takes ten seconds, then swallows the mass.
    "I could use one of those for teammates of mine. If they don't need adjustment for body weight, I could take maybe one pack." He resumes eating, but is still listening to what this doctor has to say.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

And Naku raises her mug that she got from somewhere along with him!
    "Hmmm. Well. What do you want to hear? Before or after I came to own this place?"
    "Time is a fickle thing. I'm sure from whenever you wish to begin your story, I'll find it all the more intriguing." he said, eyes dodging to the side for a short second. "We could take the story back to any point at your whim. I'd hardly mind. Besides, surely you have a favorite memory."

At this, his pocket-watch inaudibly hums, but he mentally dismisses it. Bringing his gaze back to the woman, he notices a few faint marks. Small. Barely noticeable. His smile drops only just.

"We all have our share of memories."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist shrugs.
    "you know, I think you might just be making fun of me." he says with another scoff.
    "No, I was trying to bait you into asking me out, but you're just too thick for that," Tina says, rolling her eyes and taking a long sip from that mug she ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hello.
    thalia simply replies, smiling slightly as she sips her drink.
    "Can I buy you another drink?" Johnny-boy asks in a soft voice, presuming that Thalia's first one is all dried up. His eyes - brown, and a bit large - take in her face.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #47

"Time is a fickle thing. I'm sure from whenever you wish to begin your story, I'll find it all the more intriguing." he said, eyes dodging to the side for a short second. "We could take the story back to any point at your whim. I'd hardly mind. Besides, surely you have a favorite memory."

At this, his pocket-watch inaudibly hums, but he mentally dismisses it. Bringing his gaze back to the woman, he notices a few faint marks. Small. Barely noticeable. His smile drops only just.

"We all have our share of memories."
    "Hmmm." Naku hmmms quietly, drumming the fingers of one hand on the bar, thinking of a good story.
    "We all do have our share, don't we?" Then she continues to think, trying to remember a story that didn't end in misery.
    She didn't have very many of those.
    "So, not terribly long ago, I went out on a date with a friend. It was really fun, actually. We went to a lake, it was dark, the water was really pretty. The way the moonlight was reflecting off of the small ripples, and the trees were green . . ." Naku says happily, remembering the memories, a happy half smile on her face. "And then I dropped him in the lake." She admits, her grin turning greatly amused. "It was hilarious."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No, I was trying to bait you into asking me out, but you're just too thick for that," Tina says, rolling her eyes and taking a long sip from that mug she ordered.

"Can I buy you another drink?" Johnny-boy asks in a soft voice, presuming that Thalia's first one is all dried up. His eyes - brown, and a bit large - take in her face.
    Talia nods, looking at him with slight wariness.
    Last time someone bought her a drink, after all, she got enslaved. Again.
    Calm down Thalia, this isn't Skyside, quit being paranoid.
    "Thank you."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

Well he is in for a long and most likely very tiring process. The wires try and regrow, and he has to cut more. A couple of times he will probably have to go back to an area he thought was clear of the malicious magic to cut away a resurgance of the wires. Depending on his stamina he might not be able to get it all done in one sitting, and if he does he should be pretty tired. Not Amelia though, after awhile she will safely drift off into sleep and will probably be well rested once the operation is done.
    Amelia's Room

Continuing to cut and recut, Yuki eventually clears away all of the wires, shaking slightly from exhaustion. He puts away his orb and scalpel, then makes sure that Amelia's systems are reconnected properly. While using magic shouldn't hurt any more than it would anyone else, the long period of no use has left them rather weak. Once he's satisfied, Yuki promptly collapses onto the side of the bed, falling asleep.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Mist leans forward, leaning his snout on a hand.
    "Or perhaps I just wanted to wait until you admitted that despite your previous statements indicating the contrary.
    But regardless of all that, would you like to catch a movie sometime, then?"
    he says, falling back to the standard issue destination.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-04-25 at 10:27 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmmm." Naku hmmms quietly, drumming the fingers of one hand on the bar, thinking of a good story.
    "We all do have our share, don't we?" Then she continues to think, trying to remember a story that didn't end in misery.
    She didn't have very many of those.
    "So, not terribly long ago, I went out on a date with a friend. It was really fun, actually. We went to a lake, it was dark, the water was really pretty. The way the moonlight was reflecting off of the small ripples, and the trees were green . . ." Naku says happily, remembering the memories, a happy half smile on her face. "And then I dropped him in the lake." She admits, her grin turning greatly amused. "It was hilarious."
    His eyebrows rise, and Suscipio fires a playfully accusing look at Naku.

"Dropped him in?" he says incredulously. "At least the date was exciting. Is it customary that you drench all your dates? Or just the fun ones?"

22. - Top - End - #52

His eyebrows rise, and Suscipio fires a playfully accusing look at Naku.

"Dropped him in?" he says incredulously. "At least the date was exciting. Is it customary that you drench all your dates? Or just the fun ones?"
    "Dropped him in, yup!" Naku says, grinning widely and nodding, in a very young, cheerful way.
    "I dunno if it is or not yet customary, though. Haven't gone on any dates besides that one."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

"Dropped him in, yup!" Naku says, grinning widely and nodding, in a very young, cheerful way.
    "I dunno if it is or not yet customary, though. Haven't gone on any dates besides that one."
    Suscipio laughs lightheartedly.

"So I see. My only advice might be not to drench the other should someone strike such luck as to be your second date then." he adds wryly. "Though I hardly doubt it wasn't a worthwhile experience for your friend. Who was he, if I'm allowed to ask?"

24. - Top - End - #54

A young lady walks into the bar. Her brown hair falls past her shoulders. Her skin seems a little pale. Her hazel eyes dart around as she takes in the inn. It's been a while since she's been here, but it looks pretty much the same as she remembers it. She smiles at that, revealing a pair of fangs. Then she makes her way towards the bar. Two things make noise as she walks. One is a canvas shoulder bag bumping against her hip. The sounds coming from it make one think of glass bottles clinking together. The other object is held in her hand. It is about three feet in length, and vaguely resembles an old fashioned skeleton key. If such a key was made from engine parts. The part making the noise would be a keychain dangling from the end in her hand.

Alysha hops up onto a stool, setting the Keyblade on the counter and the bag on the floor.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    A young lady walks into the bar. Her brown hair falls past her shoulders. Her skin seems a little pale. Her hazel eyes dart around as she takes in the inn. It's been a while since she's been here, but it looks pretty much the same as she remembers it. She smiles at that, revealing a pair of fangs. Then she makes her way towards the bar. Two things make noise as she walks. One is a canvas shoulder bag bumping against her hip. The sounds coming from it make one think of glass bottles clinking together. The other object is held in her hand. It is about three feet in length, and vaguely resembles an old fashioned skeleton key. If such a key was made from engine parts. The part making the noise would be a keychain dangling from the end in her hand.

Alysha hops up onto a stool, setting the Keyblade on the counter and the bag on the floor.
    Alysha may find another person sitting next to her:
    Sophia Godlark, the tanned, extremely fit, brownhaired woman shown on my avatar, propping her head with her right arm as she reads a manga, waiting for a bartender to notice her
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Alysha notices her instead!

And gives a huge grin and matching wave. Filled with enthusiasm, of course. Her grin also reveals her fangs again, but Alysha doesn't seem to really be trying to hide them, anyways.

Hi! My name's Alysha! Nice to meet you!

She'll then hold out her hand to shake.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #57

Alysha notices her instead!

And gives a huge grin and matching wave. Filled with enthusiasm, of course. Her grin also reveals her fangs again, but Alysha doesn't seem to really be trying to hide them, anyways.

Hi! My name's Alysha! Nice to meet you!

She'll then hold out her hand to shake.
    Sophia looks up from her manga, smiles slightly, and shakes Alysha's hand with a firm grip that may give Alysha the idea this woman is quite strong.
    Sophia Godlark. Glad to meet you, miss. Are you a vampire?
    Sophia inquires with an amicable tone
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Suscipio laughs lightheartedly.

"So I see. My only advice might be not to drench the other should someone strike such luck as to be your second date then." he adds wryly. "Though I hardly doubt it wasn't a worthwhile experience for your friend. Who was he, if I'm allowed to ask?"
    "But dunking people is fun!" Naku objects, pouting slightly, and using much a tone as a teen girl would complaining to her dad.
    "It was Aiden. He's . . . not really around these parts any more."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Alysha may find another person sitting next to her:
    Sophia Godlark, the tanned, extremely fit, brownhaired woman shown on my avatar, propping her head with her right arm as she reads a manga, waiting for a bartender to notice her
    "Hey, what can I get for you two?" Naku asks, looking over at the newcomers.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Alysha does indeed notice the grip. Her own grip is of average strength.

She nods to Sophia. Yep. But I don't actually bite people, cause that's just mean.

Then Naku speaks! Alysha looks to the bartender. Um, do you guys still serve Ichor Liquor here?Been a while since I've been here, so I'm not sure if you do. If you do, I'll have that, please.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #60

Cool! All we had back home were humans and Titan Shifters.
    Then Naku!
    A beer please, miss.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show