Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku chuckles as well a bit.
    "Aaall righty. No food for him, then.

We were close, yeah."
    Naku says, nodding once. "That was the problem, though. He wanted to go from friends to something else. I . . . I didn't. Now he's not around."
    Suscipio's eyes narrow quizzically as he tilts his head.

"Pardon my audacity, but, is...he still alive?"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    Suscipio's eyes narrow quizzically as he tilts his head.

"Pardon my audacity, but, is...he still alive?"
    Naku chuckles slightly. "Yeah, of course. What do I look like, a crazy killer of people?" She asks, grinning.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "I wouldn't know," Elendro mutters, turning in his seat. "What I did find was a shuttle to HALO and a portal to the rest of Nexus, and I think it's best for both my galaxy and the Nexus if I keep it a secret."
    "Don't worry. Most ways from other worlds normaly are one way." Andy replies as he sips again on his drink. "It may be best to settle somewhere in the Nexus. If you want I can give you some informations."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #184

"I could never settle down somewhere again," Elendro says emphatically. "Since leaving Chikyuu aerospace, I could never see me staying on any planet again. I've just been on it too long." He presses on his wrist-mounted ACP, and a holographic representation of his starship appears a few centimetres above air. It's rather long, and very narrow for its size, maybe accounting for 1:7 length to width. It gets sleeker the further back it goes, reaching its most narrow point near the end, before the large engines.
    "I consider space my home now, as do many people under my command."
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

5. - Top - End - #185

Through the entrance walks a young woman. She has long, shaggy red hair, with bangs covering the right side of her face. Her visible eye is a bright blue, and widens a bit as she looks around the place.

Her clothing consists of an old, worn hoodie, cargo pants that are probably too large for her, and mismatched boots. There a couple things that stand out about her, though. One is that her right hand is metal. The other is that under her bangs, there is a green glow, right where her eye should be.

Delta walks a few steps in, then turns to wait for her companion.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Through the entrance walks a young woman. She has long, shaggy red hair, with bangs covering the right side of her face. Her visible eye is a bright blue, and widens a bit as she looks around the place.

Her clothing consists of an old, worn hoodie, cargo pants that are probably too large for her, and mismatched boots. There a couple things that stand out about her, though. One is that her right hand is metal. The other is that under her bangs, there is a green glow, right where her eye should be.

Delta walks a few steps in, then turns to wait for her companion.
    Following shortly behind Delta is a thin, ragged young man with patchy grey hair and shabby clothes. His small black eyes examine the room as he enters, holding what looks like a human hand under his left arm. Upon closer inspection, one might find the hand to be attached to an arm, which also happens to be attached to his upper back somehow. He seems a bit jittery, as though paranoid; being in an unfamiliar place with so many unfamiliar faces around must put him ill-at-east.

"Who do you think we should ask," Shame asks Delta. "There are so many people, it's hard to tell who works here..." He's presumably talking about asking someone about letting them stay there, although how he could possibly afford it is anyone's guess. Maybe he can't...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist comes over, in full fox-boy mode. It's gotten hot enough that he's wearing a neat short-sleeved shirt and khaki shorts, which make his paw-like bare feet and odd leg structure more obvious.
    "Welcome to the DFI. I'm Mist. Can I seat you? Get you anything to start?" he says, gesturing to an empty table.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #188

Delta looks at Mist with a slightly nervous expression.

Um, well...ya see, neither of us have any money, so...yeah...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #189

"I could never settle down somewhere again," Elendro says emphatically. "Since leaving Chikyuu aerospace, I could never see me staying on any planet again. I've just been on it too long." He presses on his wrist-mounted ACP, and a holographic representation of his starship appears a few centimetres above air. It's rather long, and very narrow for its size, maybe accounting for 1:7 length to width. It gets sleeker the further back it goes, reaching its most narrow point near the end, before the large engines.
    "I consider space my home now, as do many people under my command."
    "Well, if you got a ship use it. I can just tell you what happens to most people. They land here can't find a way back and settle down. None knows where the nexus lies so none can go home even by a space ship." Andy replies in a normal sound. He didn't came here by a spaceship and also don't know the coordiantes back so he doesn't really care.

10. - Top - End - #190

Elendro looks around to see all the many men and women of different species in the bar.
    "I can tell that most of you are already rooted in Nexus. It looks like what the Kel'Arthaes Star Alliance would've been if it had acted to be more inclusive sooner. I guess it would've become the Chikyuu Planetary Unity or something." He closes the holographic ship.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

OK, Shame may be a bit nervous around people, but he's not crippled by shyness. They won't get anywhere if they don't ask a proper question, so he steps up next to Delta and addresses Mist himself. "We're looking for a place to rest," he explains. "Delta's new in the Nexus, and we could both use a roof over our heads. The problem is that we don't have any money, so we're kind of stuck...I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this..." Doesn't make it any less of an imposition, unfortunately.

((You know, this sounds sort of familiar...Oh, dangit.))

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku chuckles slightly. "Yeah, of course. What do I look like, a crazy killer of people?" She asks, grinning.
    At this he openly laughs.

"Oh no, miss. I didn't mean that you would have anything to do with that. I mean simply that, well, your kin tends to 'live' long. I'm familiar with vampires, and I've come to understand a couple things. Such as the myth about them being inherently murderous."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    OK, Shame may be a bit nervous around people, but he's not crippled by shyness. They won't get anywhere if they don't ask a proper question, so he steps up next to Delta and addresses Mist himself. "We're looking for a place to rest," he explains. "Delta's new in the Nexus, and we could both use a roof over our heads. The problem is that we don't have any money, so we're kind of stuck...I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this..." Doesn't make it any less of an imposition, unfortunately.

((You know, this sounds sort of familiar...Oh, dangit.))

Mist smiles at the two of them. "No problem, folks. That's my boss, Naku, over there." he says, pointing to the long-haired vampire lady behind the bar. "Go over there and tell her Mist thinks a Newcomer Special is in order."
    I believe Mist has used this term to Naku a few times before in light jest of their habit of giving at least one meal and drink to almost any Nexus newbie with a day or two of room.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #194

Delta smiles and nods to Mist.

Alright. Thank you.

Then she'll give him a quick hug before going to see Naku.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    At this he openly laughs.

"Oh no, miss. I didn't mean that you would have anything to do with that. I mean simply that, well, your kin tends to 'live' long. I'm familiar with vampires, and I've come to understand a couple things. Such as the myth about them being inherently murderous."
    "Ah, yes." Naku says, nodding. She understands now. "Yes, he's still alive. This happened . . . less than a few months ago, I think."

Delta smiles and nods to Mist.

Alright. Thank you.

Then she'll give him a quick hug before going to see Naku.
    "Welcome to he DFI! What can I get for you?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

16. - Top - End - #196

Delta gives a slight smile to Naku, then gestures with a metal hand towards Mist.

Uh, hi, that guy over there said to tell you he thinks that we need a Newcomer Special? Not sure what that is, but my friend and I kinda need someplace to say for a night, and we don't have money, so... She gives a small, nervous giggle.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    It is indeed capable of finding physical things as well, and is designed to scan for both at the same time. He frowns slightly, a little disappointed that he couldn't help further. "Ah, are you sure? If you want to, I will."
    Well in that case he might notice what looks like a tumor in her lower abdomen. If he had noticed that it earlier it would have been small and easy to overlook. Now though it has grown and would be impossible to miss. "Yeah I think so. Look I appreciate your effort but I don't know if this can be fixed."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

18. - Top - End - #198

Elendro looks around to see all the many men and women of different species in the bar.
    "I can tell that most of you are already rooted in Nexus. It looks like what the Kel'Arthaes Star Alliance would've been if it had acted to be more inclusive sooner. I guess it would've become the Chikyuu Planetary Unity or something." He closes the holographic ship.
    Andy smiles a bit.

"I doubt this. As I said, the nexus is a very flexible place. Even the space around it prooves to be out of any rules. For example their might be a second sun rising the next day or a planat much closer then anyone thought."

19. - Top - End - #199

"If my ship can find me within reasonable time, I think I'll grow to like this place. I just need to grow into it a little. It's not quite like my ship, but it's more like Chikyuu back in the good days."
    Elendro chuckles. "Thinking back on it, I do suppose Chikyuu was a nice place to live. Maybe if I had lived a normal life as an alchemist or an enchanter or conjurer, I could've been arranged with a nice Chikyuu-jin woman from the Kono Sekai De province."
    He turns to Andy, cleaning his fingers of grease. "What was your world like?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist smiles at the two of them. "No problem, folks. That's my boss, Naku, over there." he says, pointing to the long-haired vampire lady behind the bar. "Go over there and tell her Mist thinks a Newcomer Special is in order."
    I believe Mist has used this term to Naku a few times before in light jest of their habit of giving at least one meal and drink to almost any Nexus newbie with a day or two of room.
    Of all the dumb luck in the world, Shame and Delta must have some of the best kind. Shame isn't nearly comfortable enough to embrace Mist in the same fashion as Delta, but he does offer a quick bow and voices his heartfelt thanks before following his friend toward Naku...

Delta gives a slight smile to Naku, then gestures with a metal hand towards Mist.

Uh, hi, that guy over there said to tell you he thinks that we need a Newcomer Special? Not sure what that is, but my friend and I kinda need someplace to say for a night, and we don't have money, so... She gives a small, nervous giggle.
    Wow, she's fast; she's already reached Mist's boss and has already asked about the "Newcomer Special". He makes a mental note to be more attentive to his companion's activity as he returns to her side. Thankfully, she's said everything that needs to be said, so they probably just need to wait for Naku's response...

21. - Top - End - #201

n
    I've been to a world with just animals, no people. It's called the Pridelands. While I was there, I was a lion. It was fun.
    Neat! Could you communicate Witt non-lions too?
    Sophia asks eagerly.

-----
    In another timeline, Sophia, the wings of freedom on her cloak visible in the midday sun, dismounts from Clyde/Jean, tying him to a post.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #202

Alysha nods eagerly. Uh-huh. The king there, Simba, had two friends that were a meerkat and a warthog. Timon and Pumbaa. They're both pretty funny.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #203

Alysha nods eagerly. Uh-huh. The king there, Simba, had two friends that were a meerkat and a warthog. Timon and Pumbaa. They're both pretty funny.
    How does that work? I mean, I assume a lion and a meerkat don't both communicate like a warthog.
    The soldier inquires
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

24. - Top - End - #204

Alysha opens her mouth to respond, stops, closes it, and thinks on that for a moment. Then she shrugs. No idea, actually. It just does.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia's Room

Well in that case he might notice what looks like a tumor in her lower abdomen. If he had noticed that it earlier it would have been small and easy to overlook. Now though it has grown and would be impossible to miss. "Yeah I think so. Look I appreciate your effort but I don't know if this can be fixed."
    Amelia's Room

Yuki sighs, then perks up at the sight of the tumor. "I see... um, could I try one more thing...? There's an odd tumor in your lower abdomen, near the back. Even if it has nothing to do with the wires, I'd like to remove it anyway."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

26. - Top - End - #206

Naku blinks once, not quite understanding. But then she laughs for several seconds.
    "'Newcomer Special', all right. What would you like? Place to stay, we can do that. Would you like any food or something to drink?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Delta gives a bigger smile to Naku.

Oh, thank you! She to Shame. You need any food? I'm actually good for a while.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    In another timeline, Sophia, the wings of freedom on her cloak visible in the midday sun, dismounts from Clyde/Jean, tying him to a post.
    As Sophia arrives at the Dancing Fox Inn, two human figures can be seen gliding across the sky a short distance away, one adult and one teenager. Sasha and Midori are holding a nervous but hushed conversation about some kind of disturbing incident as they descend and set down nearby. If the titan shifter pays attention, she might hear them talking about "looking for help" or "an imminent threat" of some sort. Whatever it is, the way they talk about it could make some people uneasy...

Delta gives a bigger smile to Naku.

Oh, thank you! She to Shame. You need any food? I'm actually good for a while.
    "No, I'm OK for now," replies Shame, but no sooner has he said it than a low rumble from the pit of his stomach betrays the truth he was trying to hide. His pale cheeks almost take on a normal tone as color rises into them, and he tries to explain, "I-it's no big deal, really. I've been getting energy and nutrients and stuff...Just not any actual, you know...f-food..."

Should either of them ask how such a thing could be possible, he'll reveal the green-ish patch of skin on the back of his neck and tell them, "I don't remember when it got there, but so long as I don't cover it up, I don't feel weak or sluggish or anything, even when I don't eat...I think it's using photosynthesis or something, absorbing sunlight and moisture...kind of like a plant." This kid just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

29. - Top - End - #209

Sophia shouts up at the figures.
    Hey, I can help you guys!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amelia's Room

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki sighs, then perks up at the sight of the tumor. "I see... um, could I try one more thing...? There's an odd tumor in your lower abdomen, near the back. Even if it has nothing to do with the wires, I'd like to remove it anyway."
    "A tumor?" Amelia seems surprised by this. Also a little concerned. Magical surgery in a room rented at an inn didn't seem as awkward as actual surgery. More dangerous by any rate.

"Are you sure you can get it alright?" The tumor is in a place where it would be difficult to remove. Many modern surgeons that might look at would call it inoperable. Many large blood vessels all around it could make surgery very difficult.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?