New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

"Aheh." Awkward, a little funny, but mostly awkward. "Sure. It'll stall talking to my master. We can pick up something from Mallside." Romeo doesn't have any reason to deny the little demon pants.

There's another gurgling sound. "Do you think this place does take out?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep offers a weak smile and a shrug. Now, it's not quite as awkward as it could be. Tep lacks any gender-specific organs in this shape. Of course, whether or not that has anything to do with the imp wanting to cover himself is up to Romeo to guess. It's likely hard to determine anything through that wall of embarrassment.

"Not usually, but we can put something in a bag for you if you need to go." says Mist, who has been on his way to help Romeo when he made his question.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #243

"That would be fantastic," the wizard answers. "Something hot would be great." He turns to Tep and asks "How do you feel about chicken? Because that's what I'm craving right now."

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "Geez, no rest for the dead much?"
    Elendro stews on what he's been told for a good minute whilst eating the remnants of his food scraps, then says, "What of the net results of the fight? What was gained? What was lost?
    "I don't know if they really take the dead for their fight." He replies as he takes the last sip of his beer.

"Not sure. As I said history books aren't very specific. I just know there is a border now splitting the world in half.There are little border brawls, but nothing of note. Well at least that's what the news tell from time to time. I can just get that many people dies on both sides of the war."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #245

"Sounds like a tough way to live there."
    Elendro's lips purse and he hesitates to ask this question. "Do you feel lucky to be away from there?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep shrugs again. "Doesn't matter too much to me, kid." Tep's clear anticipation might make it seem like he's lying, but he isn't. He really doesn't care what the meal is; he hasn't been offered on in years.

Mist meanwhile, nods. "I'm sure we can figure something out, although I always feel like food tastes better on a real plate. Anything specific you'd like?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia shakes her head, smiling and climbing back onto her horse.
    Sure, lead the way!
    "Thank you for your understanding," Midori says politely, and she and Sasha lift off again, hovering about a foot off the ground while Sophia mounts up. Once she's ready, they'll lead the way to Outside and find a nice open area to test their volunteer's skills...

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Delta will go to lead Shame to the bar, so they can have a seat while they wait.

That's really nice of them to do this for us.

So, I don't wanna seem rude, but...why Shame? Were you born with that name?
    "Yeah, definitely," Shame agrees as he takes a seat next to Delta at the counter. He seems to have calmed somewhat since they first arrived, although he gets a bit moody when she brings up the matter of his moniker. "Uh...No," he answers, "I have a regular name. I just prefer 'Shame', now that I'm like this...Maybe if I can ever go back to being a regular human, I'll take on my human name again, but..." It doesn't seem like he has any motivation to seek a reversal for his mutations. Then again, one might argue that he's having enough trouble just trying to keep himself alive and in his own right mind, what with the paranoia and the seemingly-random bodily changes.

8. - Top - End - #248

Sophia rides her horse, the majestic stallion galloping after the two to Outside
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #249

Off to DFI!
    You post first
    So Obriane and Indivia enters the Inn. The antlered woman taking a quick look around the establishment. Didn't look like it was run by some cult at least. "So are you buying...?" Couldn't let such money go to waste could she?

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    So Obriane and Indivia enters the Inn. The antlered woman taking a quick look around the establishment. Didn't look like it was run by some cult at least. "So are you buying...?" Couldn't let such money go to waste could she?
    Invidia nods, smiling amicably as she walks in.
    Anywhere you'd prefer to sit?
    She asks
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Amelia's Room]

Amelia hasn't been asked to lie on a bed this much in a long time. "Are you sure you are up for it. You seemed pretty tired after that last procedure." She asks as she lies down once more. Her stomach feels like it is doing flips because of her nerves and she takes a couple of deep breathes through her nose to try and calm it down.
    [Amelia's Room]

Yuki nods, smiling at her. "I can handle it. Don't worry, I've accomplished much longer operations before. I'll put you under anesthesia for this as well."

After finishing administering the anesthesia, he focuses his orb again, peering into the area with the tumor. Phasing his scalpel and hand out, he reaches in and places it next to the tumor before phasing the edge back in and starting to slowly cut it away.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    Suscipio simply nods and turns to the last of his drink, mulling over Naku's words.

'I don't want to hurt anyone'? How familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Delta smiles a bit at the noises Shame's stomach is making. She's glad hers doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.

Oh, shoot! Forgot to introduce myself. My name's Delta. She'll hold out her right hand for Naku to shake. The metal one.
    ((I totally missed this. Sorry.))

Naku had taken the hand and shook! And had said that her name was Naku, and it was very nice to meet her.

Anyway! She comes back out with food! Woooo! And she offers it to the person that had wanted it! "Anything else I can get for you?"

"Welcome to the DFI!" Naku calls over to the newcomers. "What can I get for you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    It's been a while since Aiden was last at the Dancing Fox, so it might be a surprise to see him walking through the door. It's definitely him, in the same leather coat as always, but he looks exhausted, walking with more of a slump than usual.

He doesn't sit down for a time, as he's wondering how he'll be received.
    Naku looks over, sees Aiden and just . . . stops. Not for terribly long, as she has work to be done, and she gets back to doing that, but this was rather a surprise.
    She doesn't instantly offer a drink to him, because she wants some time to think about what's about to happen. This was unexpected.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

13. - Top - End - #253

Aiden looks at Naku for just a moment, and lets out a sigh when she turns away. He thought this would be easier for him to deal with. He sits down at a table and loses himself in thought.

14. - Top - End - #254

Delta gives a smile to Naku and shakes her head a little. I'm good. Thanks, though.

She turns back to Shame. I kinda understand that. She doesn't agree with his reasoning, but she understands it. I can't actually remember my name. I can't remember anything before this. She gestures to the right side of her face.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku looks over, sees Aiden and just . . . stops. Not for terribly long, as she has work to be done, and she gets back to doing that, but this was rather a surprise.
    She doesn't instantly offer a drink to him, because she wants some time to think about what's about to happen. This was unexpected.
    Aiden looks at Naku for just a moment, and lets out a sigh when she turns away. He thought this would be easier for him to deal with. He sits down at a table and loses himself in thought.
    Suscipio studies the brief glances. He knew a bit about eye contact, and how many words can be said without one's mouth having to move at all. He'd overlook this however, if it weren't for Naku stopping completely.

Hmm. That one, is it? Interesting.

Suscipio grins, then scribbles on a piece of parchment from his bag, leaving it on the counter.

This ought to be fun.

He mentally prepares himself and his eyes shine very intensely for just one moment. In the next, the world for him is grey-scale. All motion around him would stop. In the area around the Inn, time ceases for just long enough for Suscipio to make his way to Aiden's table. To everyone else, it would look like he vanished from his seat at the bar with no noise or any visible effect, and appeared sitting directly across from Aiden. His posture remains nonthreatening: relaxed and friendly even. Doing his best to mask his minimal fatigue, he calmly waits until he's noticed to address his new acquaintance.

"How d'you do, sir." Suscipio asks, empty drink in hand.

Naku might find a note that reads "Be back presently."

16. - Top - End - #256

Aiden looks up at Suspicio when he suddenly appears across from him. Great, a magic-user with a sense of humor. Because his day had already gone so well. "What do you want?" he says. He's clearly not in the mood for pleasantries, and the bags under his eyes might explain why.

17. - Top - End - #257

Invidia nods, smiling amicably as she walks in.
    Anywhere you'd prefer to sit?
    She asks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Welcome to the DFI!" Naku calls over to the newcomers. "What can I get for you?"
    "Ehh... nothing right now miss. We were just going to sit somewhere." She gestures at a nearby unoccupied table where they could sit.

18. - Top - End - #258

"Ehh... nothing right now miss. We were just going to sit somewhere." She gestures at a nearby unoccupied table where they could sit.
    Yeah, we're good right now.
    Invidia will then lead Oribane there if she can, dmiling slightly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

Aiden looks up at Suspicio when he suddenly appears across from him. Great, a magic-user with a sense of humor. Because his day had already gone so well. "What do you want?" he says. He's clearly not in the mood for pleasantries, and the bags under his eyes might explain why.
    Suscipio notes the tired, if not irritated demeanor. He shrugs in return.

"I would've thought it to be a bit better to drink with company than alone. If you'd rather not, I can leave. Worry not. Might I at least buy you a drink? As a parting gift in the very least, if my company proves only to bother you."

His shoulders sag in an apologetic stance.

No good, I suppose.

20. - Top - End - #260

"I don't drink," Aiden says. "Alcohol and I don't agree." He taps his fingers on the table. "And if you didn't wanna bother me, maybe just walk here?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

"I don't drink," Aiden says. "Alcohol and I don't agree." He taps his fingers on the table. "And if you didn't wanna bother me, maybe just walk here?"
    "I see. To be honest with you, it might bother you a lot less if people didn't see me walk up to your table. This area's decently hidden from the bar, wouldn't you agree? I'm sorry. My name is Suscipio; it's nice to meet you. I truly didn't mean to be rude. It simply seemed like something was upsetting you before I arrived. I thought it might have been worth a try to see if I could be of use. I suppose not." he says, eyes drifting to the side and down to his feet.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-05-10 at 11:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

"I'm not upset, I'm tired," Aiden says. He's lying a little, but he doesn't think Suspicio needs to know about his problems. "Ten hours of work a day, every day does that to us mundane humans."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-05-11 at 01:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    "Sounds like a tough way to live there."
    Elendro's lips purse and he hesitates to ask this question. "Do you feel lucky to be away from there?"
    "I don't know, I was never even close to the border and I got no problems with the other side as well." Andy replies to the first part sounding like he rally don't care about it.

"Well, I had reasons to leave my home, but then I also miss my father. I don't feel luuck for that. The Nexus is still a dangerouse place."

24. - Top - End - #264

"What's to worry about here? I haven't been everywhere yet, but it seems that the only dangers are easily eradicated or at least brought to a stalemate as just a duel.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

25. - Top - End - #265

"Oh, there is enougth to worry. The apocalypse that come up from time to time or the actions of AMEN, are just the most regular events. There is allways something. When i first came in the Nexus, I was nearly killed by a guy out of controll using a machine gun. Later a vampire shot me in the back and a catgirl tried to take my hearth." Andy replies.. "For real I mean. She tried to just grab it with her claws."

26. - Top - End - #266

Yeah, we're good right now.
    Invidia will then lead Oribane there if she can, dmiling slightly.
    She follows. "So, uh... where's Buddy?" Obriane starts, not really sure what to say to this woman. They were going to talk about the weather or something soon weren't they?

27. - Top - End - #267

She follows. "So, uh... where's Buddy?" Obriane starts, not really sure what to say to this woman. They were going to talk about the weather or something soon weren't they?

Oh, he's in his home dimension, actually. You see, back home there exists a variety of demons who come from the Nether Realm. Buddy is a Friend Demon, the least nastiest type. Basically, he's bonded to me as a loyal companion.
    And no, in case you couldn't tell, he is not remotely evil. Not really sure he even knows what good and bad are, honestly.
    Invidia explains, anticipating a question about what buddy is exactly.
    ((and yeah, it doesn't match up with canon, but I made a mistake a while ago and I like consistency.
    So yeah, AU to fix everything))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Oh, there is enougth to worry. The apocalypse that come up from time to time or the actions of AMEN, are just the most regular events. There is allways something. When i first came in the Nexus, I was nearly killed by a guy out of controll using a machine gun. Later a vampire shot me in the back and a catgirl tried to take my hearth." Andy replies.. "For real I mean. She tried to just grab it with her claws."
    "That's rough, buddy."
    Elendro presses his chin up on his palm. "But Nexus seems to do fine anyway, right?"

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Tep shrugs again. "Doesn't matter too much to me, kid." Tep's clear anticipation might make it seem like he's lying, but he isn't. He really doesn't care what the meal is; he hasn't been offered on in years.

Mist meanwhile, nods. "I'm sure we can figure something out, although I always feel like food tastes better on a real plate. Anything specific you'd like?"
    "I've never been picky. Just some chick drumsticks, cooked well and quick." No sense delaying, and drumsticks are good on the go.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #270

A certain rabbit faunus with long red hair cascading down her back, contrasting nicely with the dark green short dress she wears (which looks like someone sewed a short skirt and sleeveless shirt together), a black umbrella in her black-gloved hands and long black tights matching her black shoes, enters. The woman's lively red eyes scan the room, and her bright smile, coupled with the woman's pale white skin, reveal her vampiric status.
    She sits down at the bar, next to... I dunno.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show