New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: PTU Flames of the Inquisition (IC)

"I-It's nothing. I j-just get red sometimes." Cain doesn't look up from a particularly interesting spot on the ground. His face seems to grow even redder as she keeps talking. This would be so much easy if she'd been a man. "I wouldn't think anyone would want to go to the monastery with our reputation." It felt like all the blood had gone to his head. Then why was it so hard to think? "I-I wouldn't t-think anyone would like something less than pleasant."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cain
    "Hmm...you just randomly turn red?" Blackmoor asks, "So why would you be all the man I need if you randomly turn red?" She asks. "And is the ground more interesting than me that you stare at it and refuse eye contact?" She asked. "That doesn't seem very manly..." She points out. "So, your monks don't like things less than pleasant? Is that what they taught you?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

"...I have nowhere to go, no one to go back to, and your captain could kill me without much thought... the only reason I'm alive is he has an interest in my family, from when I can't remember... and I'm not stupid enough to try anything by myself, I have no reason to..."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Dismissing the shadow form as useless she realised had a choice, fight or flight. Flight she cuts her enormous losses and runs away back to town humiliated defeated and poor. Or Fight with her destination in mind she makes a break for it hoping to end the source of this fog and find the thief and recover her belongings at least her notes she can stand starting over with her notes.

Mustering courage she mounts susan slippers jumps on her shoulder and she orders a full sprint for the source of the fog blazes a blazing to cut down all obstacles.

occult edu(4d6+5)[20]
    wisp perception(2d6+5)[9]
    susan perception(3d6+1)[6]
    slippers perception(2d6)[8]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cain takes a deep breath, several actually, before trying to speak again. "I'm sorry you're just very pretty and I don't have a lot of experience dealing with women let alone pretty ones and I don't want to say something stupid and I probably already have!" He says this very fast without a pause. Waiting half a second, he adds. "No, the monks taught me that pain was the only way to truly improve in my training and it was a lesson they taught quite frequently!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cid
    "I can't know that." Dahlia says. "For all I know you could be lying and figure you have nothing left to lose." She says hesitantly. "Thanos says I'm terrible at picking up on lies...So it'd probably be safer for me not to shake hands. Why risk it? A hand shake isn't necessary." She's quiet for a bit, "I...I do appreciate the offer though. I'm sorry if I seem rude."

Wisp
    As you start to charge, Susan steps right on one of the flash balls. A bright blast of light blinds you, her, and slippers and you can feel Susan start to buckle as she starts to fall into the snow. Wisp is luckily barely quick enough on her feet to jump off and tuck and roll. You avoid any damage, but Susan is tripped and the bright blast of light hurts you eyes. After about ten seconds you can finally see and you see Slippers pinned under Susan who is on her side trying to get up.

In addition as you start to get up, you feel the cold wet snow on your bare hands. You look confused since the snow shouldn't be on bare hands. You find that your gloves, and top two layers of tops are gone leaving you with just your casual and sanitation layer top.

The cruel laugh is hard moving away from behind you from the fog. Luckily for you it seems you were able to charge a bit closer. You sense that you're about ten meters away.

Cain
    "Well, that's a bit more honest." Blackmoor says with a smile, for the first moment showing a bit more emotion. "So if I'm pretty why is the ground so facinating? Clearly I'm not THAT pretty if the dirt is more attractive than me." She notes, "So...they enjoy pain then?" She asks, the smile on her face suddenly turning much colder. "How interesting..." She mutters, "So, would you say the monks are a good representation of monasteries and the Emperor who funds them?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

"this is bad *gasp* this is bad" Gasps Wisp with the cold getting to her she can't tell what is worse the searing sting or the unsettling numbness that follows she wouldn't last the trip back to town like this she has to find shelter but she only has one landmark... the source.

Fighting through the tears of an escalating panic attack Wisp helps her pokemon up mounts susan and continues her desperate charge seeking now only respite from the cold pain that now covers her body like a horrific opposite to the sunburn torture she suffered as a child.

occult edu(4d6+5)[20]
    wisp perception(2d6+5)[14]
    susan perception(3d6+1)[8]
    slippers perception(2d6)[8]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm not sure I'd be be able to concentrate if I looked up." Cain admits hesitantly. "I don't know if they enjoy it Mi'lady, but it's the belief of the monastery that pain builds strength." Even he'd grown to believe it. The evidence of his own strength enough proof to his mind. Then she asks the question about the monastery and the Emperor. "I... didn't even know the Emperor funded the monastery. And I've never been to any other monastery, so I wouldn't know that." This were easy questions. "But our monastery is an excellent example of strength and skill, both martially and practically."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cain
    "And do the towns people view the monks and the monastery as a good thing? Are they thankful for its existence and feel it is honorable and a gift from the Emperor?" Councilor Blackmoor asks with a frown, "Be honest with me or I might have some fun and increase your strength." She comments. "When one views the monastery and those monks that live within do you think they feel it brings honor and praise to the Emperor? Does it glorify him?" It was odd how focused her questions suddenly became. Before she'd seemed content to toy with you, play games, and sound bored. Yet now her tone was no longer teasing, but one of an interrogation.

Wisp
    Once again as you charge blindly you start running over these flash bombs. The closer you get to the house, the more that you hit with each step. However, you can only hear them as they repeatedly blind you and Susan. Susan seems about to stumble, but you are able to guide her well enough that she doesn't fall this time. You're able to use the magic to guide Susan towards the source, though you feel a hard thump slam into your chest 3 damage, unreducable and a surprised female voice. "Freeze!" She says, the irony isn't lost on you as you can feel your legs starting to grow numb as the arms seem like they will be following soon.

However, you hear the sound of the flash balls going off, but this time about four meters to your side. You're confused what might have trigged that when something slams into the side of you knocking you off Susan. You're blinded still and unable to tell what it is, but you think you feel fur and claws. Just as the thing and you hit the snow you hear that female voice from before, "Oh ****..." and a strange 'PEW' sound. Despite your inability to see, for a millisecond there is a flash. The thing on you bounces off and you feel a tear as another of your top layers is gone, along with your mask.

"Ugh...well you're not with that..." The female voice says as you feel some human hands trying to lift you as your vision starts to return. As it unblurs you can faintly make out a human female with blonde hair and blue eyes, an odd trait for anyone from Sinnoh since typically only Unovians have those genes.

(Will wait until your reaction to this and the female starting to lift you before a full description of her since your vision is blurry still and all you can see is her face so she's so close to you)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cid chuckles, "understandable..." he closes his eyes, "I'll be trying to sleep, shortly... If I need anything, I'll speak up."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2014-07-29 at 12:30 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

She shrieks as her shirt and mask are torn away, and her scarf flaps wildly reflecting her state of panic despite the growing difficulty she has moving in the cold leaving her with just her silky camisole, knickers, and boots. Her mind was in survival mode now she probably would have snarled the girls face off if Wisp cold numbed ears were blinded like her eyes that is. It was another decision point trust a total unovan looking stranger with her life or... oh void it she's totally dead the other way... "*gasp*what the void*gasp* is that thing*hyper ventilate*what did it do with my clothes?" She gasps out as she tries to get up and focus on who she is talking to.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cid
    "Oh, I'll um...I'll be quiet and not bother you then." She says getting quiet and sitting down watching you. Considering she hasn't left despite seeming uncomfortable you guess Thanos probably assigned her to watch you.

Wisp
    "Ugh...long...story...just...come on..." She grunts. You feel a powerful grip from her right hand, almost crushingly-so considering your easily bruised body. Her left arm feels much more normal. She starts moving you into the house, only stopping every so often to toss out pokeballs with the strange flash devices on them behind her in a circle to block off the door. "Recall your pokemon." She says, "We can't fit them all in here." She commands, her voice becoming more normal once your inside. By the time she helps move your quickly stiffening body inside, your vision has returned. You see that the house has lots of barricades set up made from tables, chairs, and anything else movable near the doors which explains the not fitting in. "I've got some warmth inside, but you're going to have to get inside yourself." She says pointing at a small hole in the barricade at the bottom barely big enough for a human to crawl through. You can see a few other gaps in the make shift barricade barely small enough to fire arrows or pokemon attacks out of. Clearly, she'd hunkered down in here.

As she urges you into the whole, she draws a strange weapon you'd not seen before (ooc: its a high-tech gun, not going to explain it, but they don't exist in Sinnoh) and faces the door clearly planning to cover you. Looking closely you can see that she is wearing a long red trench-coat with a strange design on the back and another of the strange weapons on her belt. Underneath the red coat you can see a strange looking plate mail that covers her chest and her right arm, however her left arm is only covered by the coat, not the armor. Looking lower you can't help but notice that she is only in a black thong below the waist. You can't believe people would wear those types of underwear with so little fabric. Something like that is also strange in Sinnoh, further causing you to suspect she isn't a native.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

She does as she is ordered recalls slippers and susan and desperately scrambles inside forcing through the pain and throwing herself at it to get her joints to turn regardless of the bruises survival first critization of underwear second.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-29 at 01:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    You hear a few more of the strange "Pew" sounds, some cursing and grunting and then a sound of crawling around behind you and a thump. When you get on the other side of the barricade you see some pretty weird things. The first thing to note is that there is warmth, like, a lot of it. But there doesn't seem to be a fire. Instead this warmth is originating from a weird metal box in the corner. The tempature seems way hotter than Sinnoh can be and you can only imagine this is what those characters in the 'swimsuit arc' of those mangas feel temperature. It takes some rubbing to recirculate the blood, but with the heat in the room you find you aren't freezing and there doesn't seem to be any long-term damage, though someone more skilled in medicine would know for sure.

The woman crawls through the hole after you and grunts exhausted. "Ugh..." She says exhausted as she examines the weird weapon. "Sorry about that pokeball I fired at you. I thought you were that thing." She says as she assumes a sitting position leaned against the barricade. With the way she's sitting and the style of underwear she's wearing it barely serves to conceal her privates.

She grabs a pokeball from a pile of pokeballs, all with odd attachments on them, and tosses it through the barricade so its sitting right in the doorway of the shack. Her precise aim with a simple toss is quite impressive as it lands dead center in the doorway with the weird piece on top facing the outside. You aren't sure what it is, but it certainly isn't one of those flash balls.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

"You saved me there is no need to apologize" wisp says trying to massage he aching frozen body and focusing on the strage heat source because she is to scared to look down at the bloody, bruised, freezer burned mess her body has become "Just please tell me there is a way to get out of this alive." She adds as her scarf curls up and slowly unrolls itself as she calms down and recovers all subconscious inhibitions of hers that suppressed its movement normal having been torn away with her clothes and dignity.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-29 at 01:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The woman glances at your legs and hesitates. After a moment she sighs and gets up and moves over to the other side and opens up a box that has some weird technology you've not seen. "Ugh...I was hoping to hold onto these supplies for a little longer but..." She pulls out the last little bits and moves over toward you. "Alright, let me see your legs. Moves hands away." She says as she prepares one sharp looking piece with a weird liquid in it. "Oh, and..." She grabs a piece of her trenchcoat and rips it. You notice now that the bottom actually has several pieces ripped from it. "Bite this, it'll hurt." She says handing you the piece.

"And there is always a way out of any situation. The question is merely if one has the capability and methods required to do so." The woman replied to your comment, "In theory, escaping would be a simple process of defeating that wild beast so the fog ends and heading back to town." She says, "However, knowing how to do something is typically a bit different from being able to do so. You'll notice that it intentionally targeted our resources and clothing in order to make it harder to walk back without freezing to death. It intends to weaken us bit by bit, pick us off, and leave us weakened. Escape is difficult due to the fog and constant attacks and fear of hypothermia." She shrugs, "So, we'd have to finish off the creature before it finishes us off, despite it realizing that time and waiting are on its side." She points out the devices she'd taken out of the box, "This is the last of my medical supplies and my food will probably only last another day or so."

"In short, yes there is a way out of it, but it isn't going to be easy with that creature, the limited clothing and resources, and the cold temperature here."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

"So what do you need then?" Wisp asks in as straight forward and professional manner as her injured psyche can muster before biting down and moving her hands clear. she is still avoiding looking at herself.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The woman lifts the device and stabs it into your leg. You feel excruciating pain which only gets worse when she presses the top in and it pushes the liquid into your body. Your leg feels like its burning up, like acid is in your bloodstream. After about ten seconds, she presses another button and you see that the spot where the strange liquid had been is now replaced by your blood. In another ten seconds the pain stops and your leg feels completely fine as if it hadn't been almost frozen off.

"Its brutal, my apologizes but it restructures the cells in the immediate area to revive any dead cells and put everything back in healthy condition. It probably burned, but that's kinda what happens when your body is burning up and restructuring." She comments. "As for what I need? Clothes would be nice. More weapons. My bike that is still out there from when I was attacked." She says. "The fog doesn't bother me, but that doesn't help much as fast as he is." She says. "So...who are you and what can you do? Its hard to plan strategy or tactics without knowing the capabilities and talents of my partner." She says. "Well, other than knowing she wears some rather weird underwear and has pretty pale skin. However, based on the fact that my medicine didn't turn your leg a more normal shade I'm guessing its not cold or some sickness." She comments, "Meaning either you never get any sun or you're a witch. I'm leaning towards the later since even a lack of sun would give some level of pigment." She comments, "So...what witch powers do you have that we can use?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Tough it out you've been through worse... Thinks Wisp to herself over and over as it feels like her leg's caught fire and she tries to hold still her scarf twisting knotting and braiding itself to reflect the tension she is exerting on her biting rag.

As she caught her breath she listened to what the woman had to say though noticeably flinched very frequently as she went on about her pale skin "You can just call me Wisp I prefer that name I was born with a natural gift for ghost and dark magic what you see in terms of pigmentation and choice of undergarments... is a side effect and I'd prefer the conversation doesn't dwell on it..." she says looking uncomfortable before refocusing and spilling her assets "I have a number of offensive techniques, I can originate the dark techniques from shadows in my vicinity I can produce my own supernatural shadows to obscure me and originate attacks from though it seems it did nothing to hinder that thing. I can also see in total darkness and my mind exhibits the mindlock phenomena. I can enter a state I refer to as shadow form which give me the elemental resistances and weaknesses of ghost pokemon, I can suppress hostiles within 3 meters of me and I can turn invisible for very short periods of time to avoid attacks that don't completely blind side me. I also possess a fair amount of occultic knowledge, acrobatic aptitude, and a disturbing talent for deception. My zorua can conjure small illusions and both it and my ponyta are part ghost." when she is done she finally looks herself over and assesses the damage
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-29 at 02:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "Huh, I didn't realize grandma underwear was a side effect of being a witch..." She mumbles as she listens. "Alright Wisp, I'm Kira. I'm a hunter who has been tracking the source of the Wraiths. Sadly, the man I suspect as being the source came here which made tracking a pain due to your country's restrictions on people arriving. Nonetheless, I made it here eventually, but he left and just twisted the wilds here." She comments, "That creature here is the one for this area." She comments. "As for your dark shadow thing, yes, that won't be very helpful. Absol's have a natural ability to see through darkness and this one's eyes seem even more enhanced as evidenced by this fog it creates." She comments. "Your...shadow form I'd recommend renaming, but regardless of naming it won't help much either. Again, dark type and what not."

She sighs, "A shame, here I'd been hoping you'd have something a bit more useful, but I get the one witch in the area without much to deal with it." She say with a sigh as she starts gathering a full supplies, including a device she slips on her head that covers her right eye with a weird see-through green lens. "So, got anything that will help deal with an Absol?" She asks. "And I don't mean typing. This thing seems to be able to ignore typing when it wishes. Its...frustrating." She says clenching her right fist that was covered in a gauntlet. As you look closely you're surprised by the quality of the armor. You can't tell where the gauntlet begins and the platemail on the arm ends.

"Let's see what we can do though...I've got a few traps set-up which sa---" She pauses, "Damn it..." She mutters as she removes the headpiece and tosses it. "I want that back. That's very important to me and I will shoot you if I feel you're running off with it." She says, "That should let you see my traps and the Absol through the fog." She comments. "Its range is limited to ten meters at the moment since I lowered it to be able to scan more." She explains. "I've been able to pick away at it, but it still seems to be at about eighty-percent life capacity give or take point zero five two percent." She comments. "I should be able to deal with the creature with some help, but the problem is that I'm not a strong attacker and I can't deal with it up close." She says nodding at the strange weapon. "This works great at a range, but due to its speed I can't hit it up close. Anything else you can provide that will work with that?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

"T-they are just comfortable alright my skin is sensitive coarser fabrics and more form fitting styles feel very abrasive" Says Wisp defensively as she puts on the eye piece and looks out through the hole in the barricade. In particular she tries to memorize where the traps are "knowing where the traps are now I might be able to work as bait and dodge some of its attacks but unless you have something special you've been saving for a clean shot that would be a rather ineffective and ultimately lethal sacrifice" she says starting with the more obvious approaches "Something is odd though. I found this place by occultically trying to find the source of this supernatural fog which lead me here not to the constantly moving absol. I think this shack might be some sort of lynch pin in how this fog is created perhaps by studying it I can come up with some way to disperse the fog" she adds as she hands the eye piece back and starts examining the shack from an occultic point of view.
    occult edu (4d6+5)[21]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    When you put on the device a strange set of bars appears above Kira. The bar is mostly green with a bit of red and a series of letters in numbers in Unovian which you can't read.
    -%@#!&& ᑫ XX/YY-

Another series of Unovian letters and numbers appears above each mine. Again, you can't translate.

"What clothing do they make here that underwear is rough and abrasive if not for grandmas?" She snorted. "Anyways, we can try and weaken it, but do you have anything that will work well against an Absol?" She says, "I've got a few things that typically work well, but even I can't drop it that easily, we'll need to wear it down." She comments. "If I could take it out with one shot I've have just used my traps and shot it."

She glances up, "The Absol set up the center of the storm here. I've already investigated it and its getting its power source from the Absol." She comments.

Your occultist knowledge does indeed reveal that the source comes from a few rooms to the side, but it seems to be getting a constant feed of power from outside.

"And keep the eye piece for this fight. I've got mines further than ten meters from the house and you'll need them to extend your view from five meters to ten meters for easier spotting of the Absol." She comments. "Given, this only prevents further injuries, we'd still need to deal with the cold after, but it works for now. If we can take it out, we can return here and move on to the second part of the plan of getting out of here."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"L-like I said the skin is sensitive and doesn't toughen with injuries and time like a normal persons. Garments that feel normal to others can lead to injuries if worn while moving over a long distance. Its also a matter of cost. Less popular styles cost less I have to live within a budget after all and its not like I even want people to see them! Now if you are expecting me to keep a level head can we please drop it!" She says being defensive again "We should try to find some of our resources as we try to wear it down Slipper can track he might be about to trace where it stashed my shirt and hopefully everything else, but if we are going to fight on the move there is the question of how will you see where you are shooting without the eyepiece? Also I can't read unovan are these symbols suppose to mean anything to me?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    "Just numbers, names, and analyzing." Kira says, "All you need that scanner for is the outline of the Absol and the mines." Kira comments, "And I have my own ways of seeing. I don't need it to see through the fog." She comments with a shrug as she moves towards the gap. "Alright, let's hope we get out of this alive..." She says. "If he's gathering all the stuff its about twenty-five meters south. If its in different spots we'll just have to look around."

As she starts climbing through she calls back, "Got any status afflictions or anything? We can try to weaken it that way."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Wisp climbs out bracing herself for the bite of the cold once again not that bracing would do any good. Once outside she calls out susan "If he is lucky susan might be able to burn it and he will be suppressed near me thats about all I got" she says shivering already as she scans their surroundings through the scouter.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    As Kira and you step out, you can see Kira also seems pretty cold. Her slim bare legs are even less covered than yours. She struggles as she starts walking keeping her weapon drawn as she moves out. As you make your way out, you look around and can see the outline of an Absol about seven meters to your right. It seems to be stalking you from what it believes are the edge of the fog. When the scanner overs it you see a strange black glow around it. As you focus on it suddenly the scanner starts popping up with a bunch of symbols and ! ! ! signs. You can't really tell what they say, but that looks like a hazard sign. Above the hazard are two Unovian words you can't read.

It slowly starts creepy your way towards you, getting closer to the edge of the five meter normal seeing distance.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Wisp notes the position of the mines around her and ghostwisp formulates a cunning plan. She tries to make herself look like a more appealing target that would go down first and tries to positions herself so that if the absol rushed her and missed it would likely land on a mine. All she needed now was for the Absol to make its move.

Guile of "you failed to realize that I'm dragging mines!"(4d6+5)[18]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The Absol smirks as it sees your weakness and quickly dashes forward stepping right on the pokeball. A giant blast of light blinds the creature who stops about 3m away from you and stumbles backwards unable to see.

Turning quickly, Kira turns and aims her gun. You see a slight glow from her before the gun starts to glow and fires a blast of energy. The hit slams the creature hard and you see the bar above it start to lower. Now the bar appears to be half-green and half-red. However, the creature roars in pain and a moment later the scanner starts flashing an you see a new symbol appear over it "!!!H!!!". It starts flashing and the creature glares at you as it can finally see.

It moves quickly at you and charges jumping at you and opens its mouth to bite you. Its fangs don't look like that of a normal pokemon and seem to glow and radiate energy. It bites hard into you. 28 Physical damage, type unknown.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative is now on Wisp again
    -Absol
    -Ponyta/Wisp <-pick one
    -Absol
    -Wisp/Ponyta <-pick one
    -Absol
    -Kira
    (boss rules it can go multiple times :P )
    Last edited by Major; 2014-07-29 at 04:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

crap crap crap! dodge ghost! dodge! thinks amelyia shaking the mental personification of her ghost connection as wisp turns invisible and leaps out of the way at the last moment hoping her strategic positioning or dumb luck will throw the absol into another mine.

Guile of "fool me twice shame on..."(4d6+5)[25]
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-29 at 04:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wisp
    The Absol glares as you vanish and avoid its bite. It snorts and looks around deciding to go after the woman that shot it instead. The Absol turns and lunges at her as she quickly tries to lift her gun. However, realizing she won't fire it in time she holds up her hand and you see a strange glowing shield completely surround her. She lets out a sigh, but the Absol glows and goes through the barrier, much to Kira's shock. She's caught off guard and the creatures jaws dig deep into her tearing a nasty wound. As it digs it fangs, it then turns and hurls her across the snow. She lands hard on the ground and doesn't get up.

The bar above Kira drops to about twenty-five percent and you see two X's appear next to the bar. You aren't sure what the symbols mean, but she seems to be breathing, though struggling to move through the pain. Even worse, the aura around the Absol suddenly explodes and the black aura around it starts going out of control. You can even see the black aura around it without the scanner. At the same time it seems the gauge on the Absol goes down about another 10%, but it doesn't seem to have taken a hit so you're not sure what the bar is reflecting.

The !!!H!!! symbol suddenly changes to an !!!H/R!!!
    Last edited by Major; 2014-07-29 at 05:28 AM.