New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Adrenaline Triggers

We've all had points in our lives when we see or hear or do something that gets us excited. They can be little things or they can be really big things, abstract or not. The brain starts to wonder what it could mean. How are you going to react immediately? What's your response? All can be wired in your head normally to invoke a response whilst you're thinking on your feet. The question is, what gets your blood pumping and how do you respond to it?

For me, I get excited and even scared by a great number of common activities. Probably the more common ones are posting and reading in the Free-Form Roleplaying section, sustained jump-scare, and a harsh dream I can't escape from. I tend to get a really fast pulse, my head wants to run from it, and I just wish I could be somewhere else, because there's no way I can fight those.
    Less commonly exhibited triggers of mine are usually suspenseful ones. If there is a trend of something that gives no warning to its scare, I stay farthest away from the item that sends that trigger, like jump-scare and ear-rape. Another one might be when my girlfriend or someone superior to me asks to see me or talk to me without stating a reason. Triggers like these always get my willpower down and my reflexes up, almost ready to face the consequences I'm sure I don't deserve when I didn't know I did something wrong, like a dog who gets scorned for chewing up something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Adrenaline Triggers

yeah superiors asking to see you gets me. i usually panic and ask if i did something wrong immediately

action sequences/ plot heavy awesome parts in movies, especially if ive seen it before and am showing someone who hasnt before - i react by literally getting on the edge of my seat

playing against friends on video games (im fine if its online but not if they are in the room)- my hands shake and get sweaty and i usually get super hungry and use this as an excuse if i mess up

and of course when something plot relevant happens to my characters in D&D - i shake (not sure if this is noticeable) and my voice goes all trembly. this will be my peak out of character moments and i usually have to leave the room to compose myself before getting back in character.

so i guess most 1V1 situations get my heart racing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Adrenaline Triggers

Have to see a professor about something: Pulse skyrockets, hands sweat, muscles spasm.
    Have to ask somebody for help with something: Heartbeat 120, nervous twitches develop.
    See a mother bear with her cub in the woods: Oh, neat. Hey bear, how's it going?
    Jude P.