hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 6 spot[(1d20) = 8[/table]

Bolvar follows the group to the inn, but from there becomes seperated. He has never been in a town so large before, and quickly becomes lost. He spends the rest of the day wondering from place to place taking in the sights of the city. Eventually he grows borde of wondering around and stops at a bar, any bar that he happens to be near. "Barkeep, your bring cheapest ale or mead, whatever its called. Bring lots of it, and keep it coming." Bolvar then spends the rest of the evening drinking and absorbing the city life around him. When its late in the night, Bolvar stumbles out of the bar and luckily back to the inn in a drunken haze.

Spoiler
    Show

How much will a night of drinking cost?
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

Meal consumed, business concluded, Thorael leaves two copper on the table. "Service was... adequate." Standing to leave, Thorael looks over to Calthoric and nods, then turns his attention to the dwarf. "Three days should be plenty. I shan't be surprised if we have the true culprit and any accomplice in our sights by then. I yearn for our next meeting nearly as much as my gold purse. Until then Captain..." Thorael bows slightly, motions to Gilly and Calthoric, departs the table, and exits the Inn. Once again outside, the shadows are getting long. Naught but a few more hours of daylight. Where in the blazes have those other two gotten off to. Pausing but a moment to see if Calthoric is indeed coming along, the wizards walks with a purpose. Destination... The Red Tower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[21]|Listen|(1d20+4)[18][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-05 at 10:55 PM.
    ~Ayr

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

{table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

Calthoric nods to the captain and stands with Thoreal. "Three days then captain. I will have what information is to be had in this city by then. I will accompany you Thoreal to the mage towers as it is as good of a place to start as any. Have you seen Rasillia and Bolvar? It would be useful to not split up in a city this large."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

"Although i am throughly mortified of the prospect of Rasellia wandering around the city with our... little friend, i fear there's not much we can do. I only hope she can see the wisdom in my words. Bolvar can definitely take care of himself, and they both know where we're staying." Thorael begins to walk "I had considered sending Gilly here out to search for one, both, either, but i fear that this city is not nearly enlightened enough on the higher purpose of goblins, and really do fear for his safety when alone. Ah... it seems our destination is drawing close. " The wizard pauses amoment, and points to the Red Tower they approach.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[21]|Listen|(1d20+4)[14][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-06 at 08:57 AM.
    ~Ayr

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc: the conversation with the dwarf occurred near the end of the day. I am going to move you a head to the next morning.]

Calthoric and Thoreal meet for a quick breakfast in the morning waiting for the rest of the party to join them. Bolvar finally stumbles down the stairs still drunk from the night before (1 gold for a night of drinking).
    You bang on Rasillia's door (however, she rose before you did to go to the temple). The three of you with Gilly in tow head off to the Red Tower. You follow the main road past the market place to the garden district and there rising out of the gardens is a blood red tower. As you approach you see guards cloaked in red armor with red swords standing at the door way. A mage, also in red, stands in the door way with a book. You see a man walk up to the mage exchange some coins and then enter the tower. You approach the mage looks to you and says."Greetings travelers, come to take the tour of the Red tower or are you a fellow colleague come to do research? The charge is 10 gold for a tour of the history of magic and 100 gold for a day of research. Please declare any magic items you are holding. If you are a mage come for research please demonstrate a cantrip."
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-04-10 at 09:18 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorael turns about slightly confused as the sun shifts from one side of the sky to the other. Regaining his composure he looks at the guard mage. "I am Thorael, and these are my minions, my guardians.. Well i suppose companions would be a better term, and i am indeed a mage here to do some research. I understand that the Research fee is waived for members. Judging by my recent luck with bandits, i believe the protection of a Guild could be just what the shaman ordered. Are you recruiting, and if so... what can one of my skill expect from such membership, and what would the guild expect from me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[21]|Listen|(1d20+4)[22][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-06 at 10:40 AM.
    ~Ayr

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

The wizard with the book sighs, "So...you wish to seek membership with the guild. You will have to speak with recruiter Parcels, he can be found afternoons through the south tower entrance, you are at the north entrance. He will tell you what the guild is looking for and possible positions that you could apply for. There is a membership quest and a few years of classes before you can teach, depending upon your given abilities. If you have a certian area of intrest, maybe I can point you in the direction of a Wizard to aprentace under during your training. I am guessing that you are more intrested in feild work, given your company, than library research."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 0[/table]

Giving a short bow of her head in reverence to the priest, she opens her palms in greeting. "I'm sorry to disturb your prayers, Father, but I have a matter of great importance... and the longer it's unaddressed, the longer that this city is in grave danger. Are you able to divine abilities and origins of artifacts? And if so, I humbly beseech you for your help..."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

"Child, what artifact will you have me look at, I am skilled in lore and have access to old texts."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0

The half-elf glances at the pouch she keeps Solace in, hidden beneath her cloak. He can help us. Should I tell him?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

In less I touch him I will not be able to sense his motivates. If they are bad, that might create a hard situation for you. Careful, no one knows who might be able to hear our thoughts.

The priest frowns at the long silence.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

"Excellent, Excellent...until the afternoon then. Perhaps we should take the tour while we wait. Friends?" Turning back to the mage. "You wouldn't have a Family or group discount would you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[12]|Listen|(1d20+4)[11][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-06 at 02:18 PM.
    ~Ayr

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

The man scowls, "We do not offer a group discount or children without exceptional abilities enter. Do not touch anything," and then he looks at Gilly, "do not put anything in your mouth and enjoy your tour." The man takes 10 gold from each of you (including Gilly) and then lets you enter.

As you enter the tower and your eyes are taken in by the shear beauty of the place. There are tapestries of brilliant colors, artifacts displayed and all sorts of things you have no idea what they are. You see the entrence to the library a head with a similar wizard and guards surrounding the entrance. As you enter you hear a soft voice as see an Imp wearing a sliver collar, he smiles and says "Wellecome, I be ye tour guide on your journey through the ages of Magic. Our first stop will be the unenlightened time...." The imp drones on and on about this time in a squeaky voice.

You pass on through several other times and then you come to the Dark Age. The imp drones on about this age, Thoreal seems to be enthralled by this tour but the shear vast amount of information being conveyed by the Imp is overwhelming. Then something catches your attention on the next tapestry it is a sword with a handle with a star on it. The Imp continues its tirade "The Sword of Ages was reforged during this time to fight Vargul's armies to end the Dark Ages. The Sword was though to be destroyed or part of myth until this last year when the Pommel was found. It has now been cleaned up and on display..." You see the pommel of the sword suspended in the air next to the tapestry. The Imp moves on to the next piece of history....

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She squirms, hesitantly drawing out the rod. She presents it, moreso to look at than to touch for now, still holding it with both hands. "Do you recognize this at all, Father...?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive: (1d20+2)[20]

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    [/table]
    Calthoric stares at the pommel for some time. Noticing that the imp is about to move to another topic he quickly lifts a hands to straiten his hair. Taking out a copper piece he throws it at the pommel and calls the imp over "Master Guide can you tell me more of this sword. You said it was reforged to fight Valad's army or some such. Who is this Valad? Also if it was reforged then why is there only a piece here."

Spoiler
    Show

Throw copper piece (1d20+2)[17] +6 range - 4 unfamiliar weapon +2 all day
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-04-06 at 03:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chu View Post
    She squirms, hesitantly drawing out the rod. She presents it, moreso to look at than to touch for now, still holding it with both hands. "Do you recognize this at all, Father...?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive: [20]

"Ahh...oh...tis something of power yes? I think that you should allow the Decon to examine. Let me bring it to him." Chu, you get the feeling that he is uncomfortable with you having this item (I.e., he would prefer that he take it from you). You then hear the sound of an alarm outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboy View Post
    Calthoric stares at the pommel for some time. Noticing that the imp is about to move to another topic he quickly lifts a hands to straiten his hair. Taking out a copper piece he throws it at the pommel and calls the imp over "Master Guide can you tell me more of this sword. You said it was reforged to fight Valad's army or some such. Who is this Valad? Also if it was reforged then why is there only a piece here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Throw copper piece [17] +6 range - 4 unfamiliar weapon +2 all day
    The copper piece files out of Calthorics hand and hits against the pillar you cannot see if it hit the Pommel. Your ears fill with a defining noise and then a green smoke fills the room (Fort Save DC 20 if fail unconscious). The imp says "Oh f....." Before it falls to the ground unconscious.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-04-06 at 07:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia starts to reply before the alarm sounds. She clutches the rod, turning in the direction of the sound. "..What's that?"

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

Gilly hits the floor before the coin even strikes the invisible pillar surrounding the Pommel. In almost cartoon-esq fasion, Thoreal glares at Calthoric, shakes his head, and crumples in a heap beside his ever faithful valet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gilly Fort Save - (1d20+1)[4]
    Thorael Fort Save - (1d20+2)[16]{table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[22]|Listen|(1d20+4)[22][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-07 at 10:46 AM.
    ~Ayr

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Rasellia starts to reply before the alarm sounds. She clutches the rod, turning in the direction of the sound. "..What's that?"
    The priest shakes his head, "It might be trouble at the Red Tower, nothing to worry about, it happens quite often these days. Now where were we? You were going to give me this rod to take to the Decon."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia shakes her head as she lowers her physical defenses, turning back to the priest. She gives a soft smile, putting Solace back in her pouch. "How about we go see him together?"
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-04-07 at 02:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest shakes his head, "This object might be dangerous, it might be safer if I hold it. I have been trained in handling objects like this. Please trust me."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She shakes her head once more. "I'm sorry, Father, but I must, and will stay with this rod. I have been charged with a duty, and I'm bound to fulfill it."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

"I understand child, we can go together if you wish. I must gather some books that he requested and we can be off shortly. Just have a seat while acolyte gathers my stuff." He walks over to the acolyte and speaks softly to him.

Listen Check DC 25 to hear
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hurry and tell the Decon that I have something coming that could be of great value and power. There are complications through."

The acolyte nods and runs off. The Priest slowly gathers his books and spending time checking to flip through several books before slowly depositing them in his bag.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia gives a nodding bow, waiting for the priest to gather his things. She keeps her swordhand on the pouch in which Solace rests, unable to shake an uneasy feeling. "Thank you, Father. I'm ready whenever you are." She remains standing.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Nobles Cloths
    SV | Fort +3(1d20+3)[19] | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    [/table]

Calthoric struggles to stay awake and gives a weak grin to Thoreal before passing out.

Spoiler
    Show
    ugghhhhhh one measly lil point :)

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-04-09 at 08:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Rasellia gives a nodding bow, waiting for the priest to gather his things. She keeps her swordhand on the pouch in which Solace rests, unable to shake an uneasy feeling. "Thank you, Father. I'm ready whenever you are." She remains standing.
    The Priest leads you outside you start heading in the direction of the alarm. You can see a large Red Tower looming a head.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to wait for Finn to post, things could be occurring at the same time.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 18 spot[(1d20) = 1[/table]

Bolvar is still wondering around the town when he hears the alarm ringing. "What is that blasted racket? Didn't the elf say he was going that way? I bet that goblin put some priceless artifact in its mouth." Bolvar heads out for the tower.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

As Bolvar comes up upon the Red Tower he sees Rasellia following a priest. He decided to try to catch up to see he she knows what is occurring. As the two of you come closer to the tower, you see a side door open and six guards carrying what look to be bodies out into the alley way. They drop the bodies in a heap. You can hear loudly a small flying creature shouting, "That one was flipping a coin and it got a way from him setting off the alarm. I am done with these tours, twice this week and its not mid week yet." The guards enter back into the tower and you come up upon the three bodies drenched in water starting to wake up, they are your three companions. Bolvar catches up with Rasellia as she comes upon the bodies. The Priest says, "Child, let us not waist our time with idiots who are up to no good."

[Ayr/Wild]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any money you were carrying has been taken. Figure out how much money your character would have taken. I assume that some was left at the Inn with the majority of your equipment.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rasellia gapes as the corpses (?) of her comrades (?) are dumped before her. Before she has a chance to enquire, the guards are gone. Hurriedly, she kneels down next to their crumpled bodies, checking their pulses to see if they still live.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check: Taking 10, so that's 12... I think that's enough to check someone's pulse :P

Giving a grunt as she discovers they are, indeed, still alive, she straightens up as the priest comes over. "Unfortunately, Father, these two are my companions. It wouldn't do to leave them out here like this, though sometimes I wish..." Thinking for a moment of who had slighted her more, she gives...

Spoiler
    Show
    Evens - Calthoric
    Odds - Thorael
    (1d6)[2]

Calthoric a swift kick in the ribs. "What in the hells did you two get yourselves into? I leave you for an hour, and already you're stirring up trouble, I swear..."

Last edited by Chu; 2007-04-10 at 12:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells...
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorael groans and then stretches. Standing up, he rubs his back side. "Of all the..." Noticing they are not alone, he quickly begins to dust himself of. "MON PETITE CHIENNE" With the casting of his cantrip, the mage's robes begin to clean themselves. "Misunderstanding really. The wandering northern tribes of Ocalla have a tradition of throwing coin to highly entertaining troubadours that are preforming. A Form of... gratuity if you will. Our mentally challenged friend here, got a little too excited at all of the great knowledge being bestowed upon him, that i feel he got a little too "into" the moment." Thorael turns to Calthoric. "Bad Cal! Bad... you do not throw copper, silver, gold, platinum or electrum pieces at fine bits of art. In Fact, you dont throw anything at anything unless it's actively trying to kill you. Regardless of how entertaining you find them, or the narrator! You had better pray to which ever aspect of the god you deem appropriate that this little...scene, has no impact on my ability to gain membership in the guild." Thorael glares a moment at the nobleman, and then turns his attention back to Rasellia. "noticing" her associate, he feigns surprise "Oh... hello"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[22]|Listen|(1d20+4)[6][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-04-10 at 04:14 PM.
    ~Ayr