Spoiler
    Show

{table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:15/20|
    Init +2|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk |+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Longbow|dmg: 1d8-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10| CHA 12[/table]

"Very good... and so it began. Nearly a year ago i found myself in Nesmee. It was a sunny day, and..." Thorael looks around at the gathered crowd. "You know, perhaps the abridged version. Three days ago, myself, my companion Sen, and Gilly with a small contingent of guards were making ourselves northward. The rain and fog were thick. >CRACK< the wagon lurched, and threw me free. When i came to, i was surrounded and Gilly in a noose. Sen no where to be found. For two days we were beaten. Mostly Gilly. All of my gear taken. My magical artifacts. The coin that we had acquired over the last year of trading and mercantiling in Nesmee. Then, last night... i think it was night, regardless, something happened. It sounded as if there was some kind of battle. In the chaos, i was able to slip away from my captor. I managed to recover one of my spell books, some components, a small pouch of coin, and of course Gilly. As we made our way through the trees, i could see several of the tents ablaze. I was hopeful, but then... i heard the distinct victory cheer come from the camp. As fast as i could, i dragged Gilly until i came upon a road, which inevitably lead me here." The wizard, catching Gilly rolling his eyes, clears his throat and then takes a drink from his goblet before he continues. "So... i understand there is no Law in these parts."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[8]|Listen|(1d20+4)[12][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-12 at 05:03 PM.
    ~Ayr

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp:40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 | detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 | cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1[/table]

"No... that certainly seems to be the case. I, too, was beset upon by a band of marauders, though who or what, I don't know. I protecting a missionary which was travelling south through these woods. Myself and my comrades are..." she pauses, face screwing up in apparent anger and frustration. "..that is, WERE able warriors, most of us blessed with divine powers. And in the black of night, we were ambushed, our wagons set alight. All of my things, and more importantly, all of my friends were either cut down or burned to death in the chaos... I was the only one who survived, and I managed to wander here with naught but the armour and weapons strapped to me..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[10] Listen: (1d20+3)[15]
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-12 at 09:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

{table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Clothes
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0|
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Listening to the tale told by Thorael and sipping from his wine Calthoric almost spits out a mouth full of wine at the mention of no law. Mentally he almost screamed with jubilation. He quickly recovers himself from his quick slip and listens now to the female speaking. Another bandit raid how odd Calthoric frowns towards the two regaling their tales.

"What tales of woe and treachery. It is to be thankful that though scathed, you are both in fact alive from you misfortunes. That in itself is something to be joyous over." Calthoric gives a wary smile to the two and looks to the third expecting that he too has happened on misfortune. There is opportunity here, Calthoric can feel it. If he can bring this people at the table to travel together he could most assuredly increase his odds. He lifts his glass to the group.

"To life, it is better then the alternative. May we all survive our unfortunate destinies of our past and future and become better because of it." Calthoric looks to Thorael. "Now you were speaking of this places lack of law. How did you come about that conclusion and how far do you think it is to the nearest establishment with any kind of law?"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[27]|Listen|(1d20+7)[26][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-13 at 08:56 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The innkeeper sighs, then replies to Calthoric's question. "There has been little law in these parts since the Nesmee knights stopped sending patrols. Many of the small villages have built up militias but they do little outside of protecting their own gates. Many of the villages benefit indirectly from the banditry, if their militia is strong then the bandits will not attack their homes and they can trade with travelers, who are most likely bandits, for goods at low prices."
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-13 at 11:29 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[7](7)|spot(1d20)[8](8) [/table]

"So what is to be done? We can sit here and discuss how unfortunate the world is forever. Mere words will not change anything. Only the strong can change the world. If you REALLY feel sorry for your loses and the loses of others, take action."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]
    Calthoric nods in agreement with Bolvar. "Spoken like a true man of action. I do, however, disagree that only the strong can change the world. Many abilities are able to change matters. The strong merely change them through more visible means." He gives a slight smile to the barbarian as he looks to the rest of the group. "Though it would seem that a few of our personalities do not coincide with one another." He pauses and looks to Thorean for emphasis. "From what little I have seen our abilities seem to be able compliment each other well. Thorean with is ability to twist the world with the help of the arcane arts. Bolvar with his strength. And of course..." Calthoric flashes a lavish smile. "Rasellia with her ability to heal and the faith of her divine aid. It seems only common sense that we would travel together and allow our cohesiveness aid our journey's safely. All that being said there is still the slight matter of to where, yes it seems two of the four...errr...five. Gives an disapproving look the goblin. "Would like to seek revenge on the bandits that have so boldly assaulted them, but to what end. Perhaps the reason the patrols have stopped would be a better use of our time. Or journeying to other townships and determining their status would be a wiser course of action and use of our time. This all, of course, is moot, if we decide that banding together is unwise. What say ye?"

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[15]|Listen|(1d20+7)[16][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-13 at 02:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

The innkeeper nods in agreement with Calthoric's noble speech before taking a log swig of his ale. The innkeepers wife, the cook, comes out from behind the kitchen door, obviously over hearing your conversation. She frown and then smirks with a toothless grin and replies. "Tis not what you think, it is beyond mere bandits, I have seen it in the bones." The innkeeper stands looking embarrassed and replies, "They don't want to hear your stories you crazy woman, get back in the kitchen, you are scaring the guests again." Acts as if she does not hear and continues, "You are partially right noble, there are others who can change things, the Fated. Might you wish your fortunes known? For a mere 10 gold?" The innkeeper now shouting "Why woman do you scare the guests so?" Now turning to you he replies, "I'm sorry, she is a little off her rocker."
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-13 at 03:02 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]A scowl crosses Calthoric's face, the kind only nobility can give when interrupted by a perceived lower class, as he stares hard at the couple that started to bicker. "Keep on the contrary I would be most interested in what you lovely..." Choking on the word he continues. "Wife has to say. However there is a time and a place for everything and currently we are discussing if traveling together is feasible. I will call to you when I am in need of your assistance. In the mean time." Calthoric once again looks expectantly to the gathering seated at the table before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[20]|Listen|(1d20+7)[17][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-13 at 04:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[10](10)|spot(1d20)[7](7) [/table]

When bolvar sees the barkeep and woman fighting, a dark look passes over his face. "Barkeep, you should cherish what you have in this world while its in this world. Things often slip away, leaving only mysteries behind." Bolvar turns to the woman. "You talk like you are a wise woman, or whatever your people call it. Come now, what do the spirits whisper to you?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

The Red Robed Mage looks at Rasellia, Calthoric, then Bolvar. He watches interestingly as the Inn keeper and his wife bicker. He looks amused as she offers her services as a seer. When a lul presents itself in the chaos, he addresses each in turn. "Rasellia, it is true that our stories bear a remarkable resemblance. As our party was bested, and wagons set ablaze, it is no surprise that you and your company fell to these ruffians. I hope that your fallen companions rest peacefully with whatever divine beings aided them with their purpose in life." A sincere smile comes over his face, as he raises his goblet in salute of the deceased. "Calthoric, i know not what you speak of in regards to personalities. It is clear that you are of some import... some noble birth which has meaning to these humans. I suggest you put aside what ever prudjudices you speak of and work together with these lesser humans. They may surprise you. Take Bovar here. Bovar, you surprise me. Action is what i had in mind. Action is what i propose. Your ability to pick up on the most basic of inference and inunedo shall be a boon in the battle to come. If i am being in anyway unclear, allow me to rephrase. I accept your offer to join forces. It sounds as if you will need all the help you can get." Thorael takes another draught from his goblet, and then refills it from the bottle. "Now, old woman... your wine was... adequate. Your steak...well it didn't kill me, which is a plus. Your hearing is apparently... aweful, as i mentioned. I was beset by bandits. 10 gold for a fortune... 10 gold is a fortune. It appears, however, that Bovar is interested in your... skills. Lets see if you can do any better reading the bones, than you did grilling the meat hewn from them."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[19]|Listen|(1d20+4)[7][/table]
    Nature Check (1d20+4)[9]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-13 at 08:41 PM.
    ~Ayr

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The old lady grins a toothless grin and moves forward taking out a bag from under her robe. "Fortunes I will give for gold, give me the gold skeptic elf and I will read your friends tale." A face of horror comes over the innkeepers face but he keeps quiet. As she draws nearer, you feel a chill down your back.

[OOC:Spoiler for Ayr]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As she draws closer, you see that she has slightly pointed ears, her skin is much paler than most humans. You suspect that she might not be totally human [Knowledge: nature check needed].

[ooc: another spoiler for Ayr & wild]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You believe that she is part orc; however, you guess that she is less than 1/4 orc.

Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-14 at 09:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    0 | detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 | cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1[/table]

Rasellia's thin eyebrows raise at the mage's apparent change of attitude. Listening to the others, doubt brewed around inside of her. Revenge wasn't going to bring her friends back... but it would at least prevent those monsters from doing the same thing to other innocents - though she didn't know exactly how "innocent" this elf and goblin were. "I would accompany you, Thorael. The blood I've spilt in defence will be doubled in retribution. However..." She gazes at the two humans, Burly and Snooty. "Calthoric, and... Bolvar, was it?" she gives the "L" some emphasis, giving a sidelong glance to the elf. "What reasons do you two have to dirty your hands in a task such as this? Safety in numbers, yes, but more safety in an inn, I would think."

At the mention of fortune-telling, she covers a scoff. "As I said, Miss, I barely have enough coin to keep me here, were I so inclined to subscribe to superstition."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[5] Listen: (1d20+3)[6]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The old lady crackles at Rasellia's comment. "Tis fine if you do not believe in superstition, for what you call superstition believes in you."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]Calthoric let's out a slight sigh as what he feared would happen with the woman's rude outburst takes place. It will be hard to deal with this group they are easily distracted and they do not listen well. Unfortunately there is no alternative. He watches the barbarian deal with the witch hag and shrugs turning to the others sitting at the table. He nods appreciatively to Thoreal for his answer then turns his attention to Rasellia. "My dear lady. I did not state, nor do I have any interest in joining you quest for vengeance. I think it is fool hardy and short sighted. I empathize with you loss however I do not think you rushing through every bandit camp you can find will be productive nor turn out to your liking. I seek the company of you all because you seem for the most part able to handle yourselves well and one such as myself would be a target of many if I traveled alone. If you wish to honor your fallen friends perhaps you should seek the council of your deity and ask him or her for direction. I doubt vengeance will be their response. Though joining with the proposed party you may nonetheless, either directly or indirectly affect those that have assaulted you. Of course it is your decision but perhaps if you would settle your mind for a moment and loose the anger you most deservedly feel you might see the benefits of the joined union." Calthoric looks to the hag and the barbarian. "And what say you Bolvar? Do you prefer solitude to the security of numbers. You seem one that is tactically sound and can easily see the advantages to the proposed union."

Calthoric shifts a bit as he stands waiting. Patiences not his stronger suit but he is managing to keep it from showing. Thank the luck that I paid attention to those dullable conversations of the aristocrats. I just hope I can remember every detail. One slip and ...don't even think about it Calthoric. he reminds himself and quickly shakes the thought from his head. The endless babbling to get to the point is going to drive me mad eventually though.

Nature Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildboy View Post
    Knowledge Nature (1d20+1)[12]

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[21]|Listen|(1d20+7)[26][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-14 at 09:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[2](2)|spot(1d20)[19](19) [/table]

Bolvar looks at the group. "What reason do I have for wanting to fight bandits? Those with strength should use it help others. If you simply sit back and watch bad things occur when you can stop them, you are just as guilty as causing them. I have strength, I can see bad things happening, those I must at least try to stop them."

Bolvar turns to the innkeep's wife. "I will have my fortune told. Its been far to long since I have heard the words of the spirits."

Bolvar takes out his coin pouch and starts counting 10 coins. After two restarts in counting, he finally reaches 10 coins. He probably only reached 10 because that is every coin he has, and he is just hoping that it is in fact 10 coins. He hands the coins to the woman.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She scowls at the flashily-dressed human. "I didn't ask for your help in my task. Whether or not you think it's "wise", or "short-sighted", vengeance will be had, with or without helping hands." She looks to Bolvar and Thorael and gives a hint of a smile. "Though the help that has thus far been, presumably, offered will be gladly accepted."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[18] Listen: (1d20+3)[7]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

The old hag smiles and replies,
    "I would gladly tell ye fortune Bolvar..."She takes your coins and then she shakes the contents of her bag out into her hand and clutches the contents close to her. She bites her hand and lets the blood run into her clenched fist before dropping the contents onto the table before Bolvar. The small irregular shaped bones fall out in a patter before him still dripping with blood. She gasps and shakes her head and replies, "The bones speak of death, for I have rolled for you the sign of death. I not know what side of death you are on, the giving or receiving. But wait, there is something else here, I see another, there is one lying in between life and death, a voice calling out to you. Part of her still lives, trapped in between, lost but not forgotten. Careful you must be, for the bones speak of death rapped up in this voice, this being you love, who is trapped in between. Any questions Bolvar?"
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-14 at 03:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[14](14)|spot(1d20)[2](2) [/table]

Bolvar lets out a strangled gasp. He stares at the ceiling for a few seconds before speaking. "I see we have no mere charlatan here. Thank your for your insights. I don't know where to go in this world, but I will continue my search." Bolvar becomes much firmer in his speach now. "My path has become a little more clear. The bones speak of death? I shall certianly be on the giving side. For the only death they can speak of is those of these bandits!"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The hag lets out a sigh, "You may not know where to go, but fate does, you will weave down the right path; hopefully you will not get too lost along the way, or take too many wrong paths." She looks around, "Any more fortunes to read? or questions you would like to ask the fates? For a mere 10 gold your friend got answers from the dead."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]
    Calthoric stares at Rasellia for a moment with a blank stare and a slight sigh. Then turns his attention to the hag and pulls out a sack laden with coin. Pulling out 35 gold pieces Calthroic sets the gold in front of the hold women with a lavish smile. "Apparently milady superstition and trust in the fates have more support then tactics. If you could be so kind and give the fortunes to the rest of us so we may equally seek our paths as Bolvar has. He flashes a doubting smile to the old woman but one that has a hint of resignation.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[17]|Listen|(1d20+7)[16][/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-15 at 09:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The hag chuckles, "Fortunes, fortunes, fortunes, you seek....we will see where the bones fall for you. 35 gold is more than enough, I will even give the servant his fortune for the extra five." and snatches up the coins

She gathers up the bones and stands before
    Calthoric. The bones fall on to the table in front of him. "Ohhh, this is interesting, the bones show the fool, and that you are more than one man. You are not the man that stands before us are you? You are scared of your past, a past that you cannot escape from. Your past will haunt you until you it catches up with you. When your past catches you, you will die, however, death can be a transformation. You will change, hopefully not to ashes. Any questions?"

She Gathers up her bones, moves to
    Thorael and then scatters the bones before him. "The sage...no wait, its almost the sage, just one bone short. Hmmm, you wish to be wise but you fear you are not, you have splendor and power but not always wisdom. You are greedy for knowledge but realize that it is all you have. Walk slowly mage, for even your extra years will not give you the knowledge you seek if you do not find the right path. Any questions?"

Next she moves to
    Rasellia and drops the bones on the table before her. "Oh the lover. You are or were in love. Love that has caused you to get to this place. Unrequited love. You are lonely, tired, confused, lost. You find yourself here, alone once more. You have become filled with bitterness which is turning into to hate, which fills you with dread for you fear hate. Tread carefully healer, find your own healing before you become consumed by your hate. Any questions?"

Finally, she stands before Gully drops the bones and says in goblin,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh the betrayer, betrayer of what? Your people, your friends, you master? You have and will betray, you are lost in your betrayal, a lonely servant longing to be the master. You should be careful in the company you keep. Any questions?"

Gully shakes his head. The hag waits for your reply.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-15 at 10:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

[/table]

Calthoric flashes a slight smile and a subtle wink to the old woman. He listens intently as she reveals the fortunes of all those seated at the table masking well any emotions that he had of the various readings. "Very interesting prophet but mostly useless. You told us nothing that I am sure we each did not already know. Your prophecies can easily be used to justify almost any action we take." Calthoric jiggles the bag, the sound of colliding coin muffled inside of it. "Perhaps payment for information instead? Payment of course made after I have heard it and determined its worth. Tell us more of the increased bandit activity, perhaps where to find the ladies bandits so she may enact her revenge, or if you cant tell us any of that a direction to travel to where those answer can be had."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[14]|Listen|(1d20+7)[12][/table]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorael rolls his eyes in a grand gesture as he breaks into a partial chuckle. "Well that was insightful. A goblin who travels with elves... the Betrayer. A traveling elf, wizard by garb, the Sage... though still seeking wisdom. The Nobleman, alone in the wilderness, without contingent... wants to be something he's not. Cranky, though mildly attractive woman healer.... love lost. Brawny fighter... death, his or someone else's. These are all extraordinary leaps of intuition. I am absolutely floored by this demonstration of Orcish Witchcraft." The mage shakes his head, still smiling as he turns to Calthoric. "I'm sure glad that wasn't my money..."

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[5]|Listen|(1d20+4)[11][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-15 at 11:13 AM.
    ~Ayr

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Skeptic Elf, your sight deceives you. For a price, I can scry the bandit camp and show you the path. Right here right now you will see the path to follow. How much would you pay for that? However, I will need blood from one who will walk the path with you for the scrying to work."
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-15 at 12:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

She remains silent during her reading, not showing much thought or care for her results. Her eyes, however, flash with anger as Calthoric once again jingles his coinpurse. "You disgust me, nobleman; you think money can solve all your problems, buy you friends." She turns to the fortune-teller, a stern look on her face. "Madam, I mean you no disrespect; you and your husband have given me shelter - if for a price - these past few days. But please, I don't believe in your fortune-telling, so could you please leave me out of your swindling?" She takes a swig of her ale, scowling. "I haven't the time nor the money for it..." Looking to Thorael, she stretches a bit. "Are we going or what?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[18] Listen: (1d20+3)[6]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

The hag gasps as Rasellia's comment
    , "I am no swindler and fortune-telling is nothing to believe or not believe in. I do not insult you for your beliefs healer." Turning back to Calthoric she smiles and says, I will give you your scrying for free, just to show the nonbeliever in your midst." Her eyes flash to Thorael but not Rasellia's. She grabs from under her robe a dark flask and spills it over the table. You smell blood, stale blood. A few drops splash on each of your hand and they lightly burn. She takes her hand over the pool of blood on the table and speaks words long forgotten. The black substance starts to waver from within and spiral with colors, however the pool does not move. You can now see clearly in the pool the Inn. "here you are, I will show you the path." The view in the pool moves south, through the bushes and soon a path emerges and continues flows south. Soon a river is seen with a rope bridge, still continuing south then a rocky area were you can see a cave opening. She looks confused. "I cannot seem to see into the cave, there is magic there blocking me. Beware, of magic there. You have now seen the route to their hiding place. Good Luck"
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-15 at 03:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorael now looks intrigued. "Perhaps you yet have some skill woman. Your gold may not have been completely wasted Calthoric." The wizard contemplates that which he has just seen. After a moment he turns to Rasellia. "You may wish to consider...relaxing a bit. As i understand it, nobles in your lands do not typically show great generosity. If your High Lord over there wishes to finance our expedition, are you not bound by some code, or fealty, honorable something or other to accept?" Looking now at Bolvar "What do you make of all this Bolvar?"

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

I'm looking to identify what possibly could be blocking the scry attempt, perhaps the magic she used or what ever you want to give me here.

Spellcraft (1d20+13)[27]
    K:Arcane (1d20+8)[14]
    Misc(1d20)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+4)[16]|Listen|(1d20+4)[16][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-16 at 09:24 AM.
    ~Ayr

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC for Ayr
    Spoiler
    Show

You have a few logical ideas of what has happened with the scrying. First, it could be a dead magic zone and the scrying falling short. Secondly, it could be blocked by a privacy spell if a mage knew that one might look in on them. Finally, lots of magic in the area might have disrupted the spell from accomplishing the task.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Giving the elf a look that suggested bewilderment, the half-breed followed it up with one of disgust and repugnance. "Why would I owe a showy aristocrat like that any form of obligation? My only allegiance lies with God, and the priesthood which worships Him. My current course of action is clear; to punish those who have acted against my order, and therefore God, with or without help." Turning to the hag, her look softens to one of begrudging respect. "And while I meant no initial slight against you, scryer, it seems I was wrong about your abilities. For that I apologize."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[8] Listen: (1d20+3)[14]

30. - Top - End - #60

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[4](4)|spot(1d20)[15](15) [/table]

Bolvar shurgs his shoulders. "Magic is like relying on the weather. Sometimes its good, sometimes not. I will leave the magic up to you and our healer lady. We have been shown where to go. If you think its valid magic, lets not waste time arguing over petty ideals. Lets strike before the bandits have another chance to make sad stories for travlers."