Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
Results 871 to 898 of 898
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael -
    You and the magic shopkeeper talk for hours on everything from the new theories of magic to current events, mostly the events of nesmee. The conversation seems to be steered clear away from this town. The hours seem to fly by, you gage the time to be well after midnight. You look back to Gilly who is slumped by the door sleeping. The mage smiles at your sleeping companion and says, "They sure do not make apprentices like they used to..." He gets up and grabs a piece of paper and makes a few scribbles on it and then places it in an envelope sealing it with some wax and his signet ring. He smiles as he hands you the envelope "When you go to inquire about joining, present this letter of recommendation, I am sure that your application will pass through much quicker. I have a few friends in admissions."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael takes the letter a smile and a nod. Glancing back at Gilly the mage yawns. "...aaaawwwgh. It's getting late, and i thank you for your hospitality. I'll return in the daylight, and we can conduct some actual business. See if i cant put a few coins into that till of yours" Putting his boots back on, the wizard stands, a walks over to Gilly. With a prod of his boot and a wink of his eye, he rouses the apprentice. Gilly knew his job well, and was exceptional at it. "...again, my thanks." Turning to the door, and then back to the shopkeeper. "Oh, before i go... what is with the Pikes and the uh... well... the 'walkway' into town here. Can't imagine decorations of that sort help out with the tourism and trade."
    ~Ayr

  3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael -

    The wizard shakes his head, "Nothing here is geared towards tourism or trade. This is a place where people come to disappear for a while. One of those who wished to disappear is a merchant from Nesmee. His name escapes me at the moment, however, he is using his money to eradicate the lizardmen who live in the swamp. I believe that he has actually found a buyer who is interested in their skins. He pays quite well, from what i have heard, but that is really only hearsay. If i were you, i would steer clear of him. Professor BibbleVop had a run in with him and he was killed. So be wary of the trouble that you stir up in town. This town is not Nesmee, you will have no guards keeping trouble off of your back. I would have some offensive spells ready."

    Party -

    You enter the inn, it is a grimy building that smells like body odor. A dirty woman stands behind a desk. She smiles a toothless grin as you enter. "You looking for a bed, we be the only Inn in town. We have single beds but no single rooms. The cost is 5 silver a night. 1 gold if you want clean sheets." She grins as she looks you over.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
    hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
    (4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Enfeeblement
    (4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Knock, Summon Swarm
    (3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt, Ray of Ehaustion
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 8|DEX 10|CON 9|INT 13|WIS 12|CHA 9[/table]


    Gilly Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (3)Cantrips [DC 11] - Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    (2)Level 1 [DC 12] - Magic Missile, Magic Missile
    "Bah... offensive spells are so... gauche. Bend reality around your beat sticks is my philosphy. Thanks for the Hospitality and the warning... i'll take it to heart" With a wink and a bow, thorael makes his way to to the inn
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-10-22 at 11:15 AM.
    ~Ayr

  5. - Top - End - #875
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Korlarth walks into the Inn, his nose wrinkling with the stench that assaults him. The though of sleeping here churns his stomach. As much as he would love to spend the evening amongst the stars, he knew that around here that would be a decision he might regret. He reaches into his pouch, pulling out a small handful of coin. He drops 5 silver on the counter.

    "I will pass on the sheets. I have a feeling that your version of clean is in no way the same as mine"
    Don't think of a fireball as a way to rain fire and death to your enemies. Think of it as more of a forceful negotiation tool to help get your way.

  6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The innkeeper takes Korlath's money and points out a bed in the common room, as he walks over, he can see that the sheets are muddy and dirty. It appears that something might be crawling in them as well.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:52
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Flashing a lavish smile to the shop keep, Calthoric stands as regal as he can in his filthy armor. "Hopefully you can do quite a bit for me. First, I need a place to change out of these dingy cloths and second I will need a place to have my armor cleaned off. I am also interested in items that are of better quality then my current blade and bow. They proved most inadequate in the swamps. Other then that I will just browse your store. Now where may I change?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
    Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
    Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
    SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
    3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
    Bongo the Mule
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
    hp: 0/22 [ DEAD ]
    |Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
    Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
    STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
    Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Item:|Weight
    Bedroll x4|20
    Winter Blanket x4|12
    Manacles x2|4
    100' Silk Rope|10
    Rations(per day) x8|8
    Total:|50
    [/table]



    Looking around the room uncontentedly, Rasellia speaks to Korlarth lowly. "There's something wrong about this entire town... Something reeks of decay, moral and physical... I'm going to investigate. I don't particularly like the look of this inn either, so I'll probably sleep elsewhere, if I can find it. Will you accompany me? Or will you be here if I need to find you?"

  9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Calthoric -

    The clerk looks at you a little funny, "I an not sure what type of treatment you are used to, but here in these parts most folk do not try on clothing in the store. If you want to buy some new clothing, i would be happy to sell it to you and after you buy it, feel free to change in the outhouse out back. I only have basic equipment and some weapons, if you are looking for something more powerful stop by the blacksmith in the east of town. If you are looking for something magical, then try the magic shoppe across the courtyard, he enchants weapons. Is there any goods that i could sell you here?"

    [All items are 3x the PHB prices - most items and some weapons can be found here [no masterwork / plate armor]

    [If you attempt to haggle; diplomacy DC 20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You talk her down to 2x PHB prices
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
    3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
    Bongo the Mule
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
    hp: 0/22 [ DEAD ]
    |Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
    Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
    STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
    Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Item:|Weight
    Bedroll x4|20
    Winter Blanket x4|12
    Manacles x2|4
    100' Silk Rope|10
    Rations(per day) x8|8
    Total:|50
    [/table]



    Looking around outside of the inn door [ OOC: Pending Korlarth's response ], Rasellia tries to discern where the shadier part of town is... which could very well be a difficult task, given the town's default level of seediness.

    Wrinkling up her nose as she sniffs, she stretches, straying southward, chanting a cautious protective spell around herself before she slips down an alleyway.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting shield of faith +3
    +3 deflection modifier to AC (19/13/19)
    Moving towards the alleyway at w30

  12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [map]
    Spoiler
    Show


    Rasellia -
    You wonder down the alley way, you see small houses which also might double for questionable businesses. You feel very uncomfortable with the high level of seediness this town has to offer
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  13. - Top - End - #883
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
    3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
    Bongo the Mule
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
    hp: 0/22 [ DEAD ]
    |Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
    Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
    STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
    Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Item:|Weight
    Bedroll x4|20
    Winter Blanket x4|12
    Manacles x2|4
    100' Silk Rope|10
    Rations(per day) x8|8
    Total:|50
    [/table]



    Keeping a cautious palm on the hilt of her sword, she continues her stroll into the seedier parts of down, keeping her eyes peeled for any sort of trouble that was brewing.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Basically just meandering around for an hour or so. If anything doesn't happen, she'll return to the inn

  14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Rasellia -

    As you walk down the street you cannot help but feel out of place. You, in your priestly garments, seem to stick out like a sour thumb. Walking around you feel as if people are watching you and monitoring your every move. You see several deals going down in the alleys, what they are selling you have no idea, there are call girls also walking the alleys flashing their goods. Even walking in the shady parts of Nesmee you never saw this outward display of immoral activities.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  15. - Top - End - #885
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Korlarth pokes at the bed, trying to chase out whatever decided to make it's home there. After watching a few small animals scurry off, he lifts to sheets to make sure nothing dangerous has decided to call the bed it's home. He rolls out his bedroll atop the muddy sheets and tests out the bed. He had slept in worse spots he supposed. Once satisfied that the bed would pass muster, he heads back out into the bar area and finds an unoccupied table. Sitting down, he orders a drink and listens to the murmurs of the crowd.
    Don't think of a fireball as a way to rain fire and death to your enemies. Think of it as more of a forceful negotiation tool to help get your way.

  16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    Korlarth -

    You walk into the bar, it is a seedy place, one table is surrounded by burly men and one man whom they all seem to be laughing at his jokes. This man is dressed in a more elegant fashion. Beyond this party of folks, there are a few barmaids cleaning up tables and a dwarf in platemail sitting at the bar. He looks at you when you enter and then back to his pitcher of beer that he is drinking from. One of his eyes is covered with an eye patch, a scar runs across his face and he looks like he has seen death several times and lived to tell the tales.


    Rasellia -

    Continuing your walk back towards the inn a man walks closely by you (w29).

    Spot check DC 26
    If you make it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see what looks to be your coin purse in his hands


    If you fail...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being in these dark alleys make you feel uncomfortable...when you get back to the inn you will notice that your coin purse is missing


    Thoreal -

    You will be walking back to the inn shortly (after Calthoric posts his actions)

    Calthoric -

    ???
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
    3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
    Bongo the Mule
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
    hp: 0/22 [ DEAD ]
    |Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
    Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
    STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
    Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Item:|Weight
    Bedroll x4|20
    Winter Blanket x4|12
    Manacles x2|4
    100' Silk Rope|10
    Rations(per day) x8|8
    Total:|50
    [/table]



    Sighing in disappointment, Rasellia heads back to the inn, not making much of the strange man who brushed by her. Despite all the seediness of this place, there wasn't anyone being wronged, from what she could tell, and deemed it unwise to trot around hollering at drug dealers and prostitutes.

    Upon arriving at the inn, she gives a shrug to Korlarth, her search turning up nothing. Walking up to the innkeeper, she greets her politely. "Greeting, Madam. I'd like a room with as clean sheets as you can manage... A gold piece you said the price was?" She roots around for her coin pouch, a troubled look going over her face as she fails to find it. "H... huh... hold that thought..." Where did I lose it... in the swamp? No, I checked before I came into town how much money I had... must have been one of those lowl- She stops herself. "It was him!! That bastard!" Turning around, she storms out the door, eyes flaring and teeth grinding.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wisdom check to recall his face?
    (1d20+3)[11]

  18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chu View Post
    Wisdom check to recall his face?
    [11]
    Try as you might, you cannot remember his face, you do not even think that you saw it as he narrowly pass along side of you. Thinking back, there were many people who passed closely to you while you were in the alleys, you are not even sure who might have taken your coin purse
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  19. - Top - End - #889
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:52
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric chuckles at the shop keeps comments. "You have no goods that I am interested in and I am sure the outhouse is more then likely a cleaner place to change. In any event perhaps you know of the one offering bounties on lizard folk?"

    After hearing the keeps information Calthoric makes his way back to the Inn where everyone choose as a group meeting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
    Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
    Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
    SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Calthoric -

    "The man you are looking for is Dale, at this time of night you will likely find him at the bar across the street from the inn. He is runs the only legitimate merchant house in this town."


    Everyone Else -
    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    Calthoric enters the inn, seeing none of his comrades he is about to leave when Thoreal enters with a smirk on his face. The innkeeper asks if you want a bed. You see a rat run across the floor and hide beneath another bunk.

    Rasellia and Korlarth are now sitting at a table in the bar across the street
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-10-30 at 12:12 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  21. - Top - End - #891
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:52
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    "A bed sounds like an...." Calthoric watches the rat scramble across the room. "acceptable idea. Though I have more interest in finding a person by the name of Dale. He is a merchant in these parts." Handing the spell book with the torn off cover to Thoreal, Calthoric looks about the tavern patrons. "Someone dropped this in the street and i know you have an affinity for books." Calthoric continues to watch the tavern patrons to see how people react to the mention of the merchants name.


    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
    Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
    Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
    SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thoreal/Calthoric -

    "If you are looking for Dale, he is most likely in the bar across the street with follo...er...friends." Replied the innkeeper to your quarry.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  23. - Top - End - #893
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
    hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
    (4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Enfeeblement
    (4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Hideous Laughter, Invisibility, Knock, Summon Swarm
    (3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt, Ray of Ehaustion
    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 8|DEX 10|CON 9|INT 13|WIS 12|CHA 9[/table]


    Gilly Spells...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane Spells Readied
    (3)Cantrips [DC 11] - Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    (2)Level 1 [DC 12] - Magic Missile, Magic Missile

    "How generous of you Cal... and here i haven't gotten you anything. I must say, you are a master of cleaning as well. The pristine wand you found in the bog. Nary a drop of mud or a spec of moss on it. And now this book... found in the street, yet again no mud, no dirt, no...cover" With a roll of his eyes, a smirk on his face, a shake of his head and a quick wink, Thorael heads to the door. "... we had best get over to that bar before the queen of calamity gets herself into any trouble."
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-11-01 at 09:32 AM.
    ~Ayr

  24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    [Calthoric see spoiler]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You realize that you know Dale. He was a fence you used to pawn off good on. He was a fair man, as far a thieves go, always willing to take what ever goods you managed to acquire and passing it off under city officials noses.


    Thoreal and Calthroic (and the rest of the party)
    You enter the bar, it is empty except for a lone dwarf drinking a pitcher of ale, several barmaids cleaning and a table of men. The table of men looks up at you as you enter. "Cal, is that really you?" asks the well dressed man at the table full of men. "What have you been up to? I am guessing it is good business. Is the fuzz coming down on you and you came here to get out of the heat? You still working out of Nesmee? Our city is the perfect place to let people forget who you are. Grow a beard and long hair. You pull any good jobs? You remember that Inn we scammed, tell my men here the story, they never believe me."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  25. - Top - End - #895
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:52
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric's eyes widen at the sight of Dale, not expecting him to be the one he originally planned gathering the bounty on. "Dale!!, you salty dog of spittoon ridden filth." Calthoric leads Thoreal by the sleeve of his garment over to the table of men. Letting out a chorttle of a laugh he looks to Dale then the table of men. "By the gods man, I have not thought about that night since it's happenings. There I was covered in slime from head to toe, I had just crawled out of the sewer....literally, and this barmaid slash owner holding her nose comes up to me asking if I was lost. So I says to her 'you daft wench, no I'm not lost I am one of the bank clerks that came to place foreclosure on this establishment for not paying your taxes and i was robbed on my way here and thrown into the sewer.' Her eyes grew as big as deep sea pearls. She starts clammering to me how she paid her taxes and whatever. So I tells her 'look, it was never received and by what has happened to me, being covered in slime and my story of being robbed, the same thing probably happened to your monies. But since I am feeling in such a humiliated mood I want a room and pay only half your taxes and I will clear the matter for ya. Can ya believe that dumb wench gave me a room and 45 gold pieces to boot." Calthoric slaps his hands on the table laughing almost to tears. "Now which of you sod's are going to buy me a drink? And none of that cheap swill they serve on merchant vessels neither. I need one for my friend Throeal here as well. Thoreal, meet dale and the vise verse."

    Calthoric looks to Dale with a more serious look "Tell me old friend what is this business about lizard folk that you have been paying people for their heads? I hope your not making a stew of it. It would most foul thing ever devised. Ya know they are trying to get peoples to kill ya? Lucky for you the price wasn't high enough." Calthoric lets out another bellow of a laugh and waits for his response.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
    Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
    Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
    SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-11-02 at 01:06 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The men let out a laugh at the story, but then as business turns to the bounty Dale's eyes narrow as he motions for his men to move back and let you have a seat at the table. A barmaid brings you two fine bottles of wine and sets them before you, gold foil lines the tops of the bottles. "WHAT IS THIS ABOUT A BOUNTY ON ME? I have been holding a bounty on the lizardmen because I have a buyer who will pay top dollar for hides. He is making cloaks out of the skins. They are wonderful, keep you dry in any conditions. There was that Bibblevoppy fool that my men killed, that is the last of the bounty that i heard on my head. Where did you hear this news? This unfinished business reminds me of our unfinished business." He takes a dagger out from his side and slides it along the table towards Calthoric. It is a very fine looking dagger with ornate gems in the hilt and blade. "I believe that I still owe you 500 from the shrine job we last pulled. I do not believe that we have seen each other since. That dagger is well worth over 500, well, you might not get that much here, but it will fetch over 500 in Nesmee. I think that makes us even."

    Calthoric -
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shrine job was a job that Dale and you pulled to help get him out of debt with the wrong people. It turned out to be a series of bad luck that sent the team running in various directions. You have not seen him since this job, almost 3 years ago. He owed you a tenth of the cut from the job, but it was rumored that he got caught.


    Rasellia and Korlarth you over hear all this conversation
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  27. - Top - End - #897
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
    3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
    Bongo the Mule
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
    hp: 0/22 [ DEAD ]
    |Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
    Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
    SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
    STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
    Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Item:|Weight
    Bedroll x4|20
    Winter Blanket x4|12
    Manacles x2|4
    100' Silk Rope|10
    Rations(per day) x8|8
    Total:|50
    [/table]



    Trying as hard as she can to try and retrace her steps, or more specifically, her money-imbued steps, she drums her fingers across the top of the table, only half-heartedly listening to Calthoric's story of swindling the poor innkeep. She makes a mental note to chastise him for it later, despite how little it would accomplish. Though without any funds, she determines it would be foolish to alienate her team mates even more.

    She contents herself to keep an eye out for trouble, eager for an excuse to smash something.

  28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    We have decided to stop this campaign. We are starting a new game: The Hordes of Chaos.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •