Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 898
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric holds up the bag and the rod inspecting each then looks to Thoreal and Rasellia. "There seems to be these two items in this box. Can you see if it was the items or the box itself that was alerting you of a magical presence? I am assuming it would be the rod but you never know. I also suggest, though revolting as it is, we stay here for the night. It is easily defensible and we can secure it from the inside. Bar up the door with some crates lets prepare some food and rest for the night. Fortunately there seems to be some vacant beds we can use as well."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-02-28 at 12:17 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    "The bed's?! Lice, Grubs, Filth, who knows what else. No tonight we shall sleep unaccosted in an extra dimensional space brought into being by my arcane power." Looking quite smug, but not receiving the impressed oohs and ah's expected he continues. "It's a window we can climb into. No one can get us, and no one can see in, but we can see out." Looking around at more dumbfounded stares he shakes it off "It's really quite secure. Anyway, yes, i can inspect those items. Clear off that table and place them there." While the others prepare the table, the Wizard grabs a burning log from the fire, and begins to construct a second fire on the other side of the table. Once the room is a bit more illuminated, he stands over the rod, bag, and box laid upon the table. Tossing the Troll bag on the table as well, he murmers "MONTRE MOI CELA" and he begins to humm.

    Spoiler
    Show

    create a second fire in Q13
    Cast Detect Magic

    I'll cast my Extended Rope Trick Little less than 10 hours before dawn. (10 hour duration)

    Aura ID Spellcraft: 18
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-28 at 12:55 PM.
    ~Ayr

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 31/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    The female of the group also wrinkles her nose in repugnancy at the thought of sleeping in any of the beds. "I think staying here is a good idea, although I don't know how much sleep I'll be getting..." She gives a wistful look to her fellow's packs, and tries to downplay the rumbling her stomach gives off. "...I can keep watch, I suppose."

    She raises her eyebrows at the veritable haul the rogue produces, eying the rod not quite as much as the gold. "Wow... I'm glad we have someone of your skills, Calthoric... although I suspect you're right; the box probably wasn't magical."

    Trying not to sound greedy, she waits for a few moments before pressing the money issue. "So are we going to divide all of this equally?" Her stomach, as well as her general feeling of unversatility without her equipment drives her question, more than genuine greed.

    Last edited by Chu; 2007-02-28 at 03:46 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The rod radiates strongly with magic and even after the spell is over the aura lingers on and on.

    Another Spellcraft check DC 15 (Chu/Ayr):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ayr -
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wonder how Ras could have detected this through both the locked box and the stone. Is she more powerful than she is letting on or is this rod more powerful

    Chu -
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wonder how you could have detected this through both the locked box and stone, are you stronger than you think in magic or is this rod more powerful?

    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-02-28 at 03:42 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 31/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]


    Rasellia looks over the elf's shoulder as he works his magic - and if she knew what he was casting, would know he was putting on more of a show than necessary. "This rod... must be incredibly powerful... if it's radiating that much magic even now. The fact that I could see it through solid stone and metal is... impressive as well, and that's not to ruffle my own feathers..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft check: 19 - 1 = 18

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    "Indeed. The Aura of this item is beyond my abilities to decypher. Perhaps it's this place. Perhaps its the days events. Perhaps it's been sullied." Thorael shoots a quick glance to the cleric. "Regardless, time and a good nights sleep may help with that little problems. As an Elf, i require no sleep. Merely 4 hours of meditation, however i must rest myself for a full 8 hours and clear my mind in order to regain my Arcane might. In my space, we will be secure. Minimal watch should be in order. Maybe just the occasional exit to throw more fuel on the fire, otherwise we should be set till morning." Thorael looks back down on the rod and the bags of lewt. "Of course we should share these spoils. Equally is fine by me. There may be times when you are required to do more than I. There will most assuredly be times when i will do more than you. It should balance out in the end..." Absentmindedly Thorael reaches into his pack, pulls out a trail ration, and begins munching...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Another Spellcraft as requested DC:15 Spellcraft: 21

    Also, any other checks i can make? Significance of the Star, or the Shape of the Rod or make of the Metal... something a bit more mundane?
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-02-28 at 04:55 PM.
    ~Ayr

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Please indicate who is the first person to touch the rod
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Cathoric grabs the rod, it is warm to your touch.
    [Cathoric]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a voice in your head. "HELLO, oh, wait, I do not believe that I like you."


    Cathoric - Make a reflex save DC 20 to keep hold of the rod.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Calthoric gives a surprised look as he get ready to set the items on the table for better inspection. He stops in mid stride before setting down the rod and stares at it dumbfounded almost dropping the thing to the floor. With a mock hurt voice and a look one would expect someone to see when talking to a rod Calthoric speaks to it. "uhmmm, Hello? That seems to be a bold statement to be made. What would lead you to such a conculsion?" Calthoic's eyes dance from one person to the next to see if they heard the voice as well.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex: (1d20+7)[21]
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-01 at 08:34 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Clathoric -
    Spoiler
    Show
    The voice whispers to you, “Well, you see, ummm…I am just not sure that we are compatible. I can sense others near by that are compatible with me in the room. I mean you no disrespect, why don’t you place me down on the table.”


    Will save DC: 20 to not comply.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-01 at 09:34 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Pondering the words of the rod he stares at it blankly. What is the use of a talking rod anyway. This thing is too useless to be of any worth. Calthoric Places the rod on the table and sits back where he was by the fire counting out the coins.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save (1d20)[11]
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-01 at 09:39 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 31/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    Unaware of the dialogue between the rogue and the rod, Rasellia tries to busy herself by cleaning her sword, beginning to strip off her armour. She looks disapprovingly at all the slashes and gouges in the metal that had been repaired in a makeshift fashion. She counted herself lucky that the innkeeper had given her another, if a bit oversize, shirt - it had been more beat up than the armour was.
    Blushing as her stomach rumbles, she speaks up in the hopes that no one would hear it. "SO! ...um... is anyone still hurt?"

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    "Not I, nor Gilly." Thorael comments without takeing his eyes off the Rod. "So Rasellia, what do you make of this Rod? Arcane or Divine? Calthoric, what do you mean by 'Bold Statement'? Ralleia's Feather Ruffling comment, or my inability to identify the Aura of this item, or... splitting of the lewt? You do not agree that an even split is the way to go?" Thorael lets his eyes leave the rod, and drift to the bags on the table and in Cals hands, and then the esteemed nobleman himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[15]|Listen|(1d20+4)[7]
    [/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-01 at 01:01 PM.
    ~Ayr

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 31/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    "To be honest, Thorael, I wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess... magical items aren't exactly my strong suit." She stretches a little, giving a wince as the motion reopens a wound. Sighing at her unfinished work, she lays hands upon herself, calmly praying to God for His touch once more.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds: (1d8+5)[12]


  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    After finishing the counting of the newly found coin he hands out 1pp, 111gp, 32sp and to Thoreal and Rasellia. He then hands 121gp, 32sp to Bolvar and keeps 1 pp, 111gp, 32sp, and 23cp for himself. After done passing out the coin he looks to Thoreal. "I was actually referring to something the rod had said. Apparently the holder is the only one that can hear it speak. It said others in the room are more compatable with it. Calthoric shrugs not even glancing at the rod again. "Did you not say you found some coin in that backpack by the troll. Perhaps now is a good time to divvy it out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-01 at 12:46 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    "Aye... there are 1pp, 42gp, 60sp, 150 cp, and a gem. The Gem is worth roughly 450 gp, but we'll be lucky to get 200 for it. Gems however, have uses other than money. They are critical to certain Arcane Spells. I would like to Purchase this gem, say 99 gold now, and another 99 gold when it becomes available. It is my hope that i can use this to better our cause...wait. Did you say 'the Rod Said'?!" Thorael's jaw drops as he utters these words. "Intelligent Magic, well that explains a wagon load... I... hmm". A look of concentration comes over his face as he begins to examine the rod again. "Compatible...hmm"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Im not looking to scam the party, if Crim gives us one for one on the Gems, I'll modify the above, otherwise I'm assuming his standard less than half when selling stuff...

    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[14]|Listen|(1d20+4)[15]
    Spellcraft|(1d20+13)[25]|K:Arcane|(1d20+8)[25]
    Misc|(1d20)[10]|Misc|(1d20)[6][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-01 at 02:16 PM.
    ~Ayr

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]


    "If you need the gem for a spell, then I say just take it... it could very well save our lives some day, and I wouldn't think it'd be fair for you to pay us to do so... What kind of jewel is it anyway?" Rasellia blinks at the mage's short attention span, giving a soft sigh and going back to what she was doing.
    Last edited by Chu; 2007-03-01 at 08:56 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen[roll0]spot[roll1][/table]


    "A talking rod? What is the point in that? It tells you what you to do while you are in combat? I could only imagine a sword like that." Bolvar switches to a rather different voice. "No no bolvar, aim for the head. Your doing it all wrong. Parry with me faster. Get this blood off me." Bolvar is done with his poor imitation. "That would be stupid. It has no eyes, how could it possibly know whats going on? No, you keep your talking rod. I will take my share in coins."

    When rasellia mentions thorael keeping the gem, Bolvar nods in agreement. "We are in this together, was a team. If you need this gem to work your magic, take it."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Calthoric's jaw drops as he listens to Rasellia and Bolvar give away a rather expensive split. We all can use the monies to better our selves then one spell do they not realize this?. A better weapon or more arrows or food. I am going to have to be the voice of reason for this group when it comes to funds they are too eager to give away valuable resources. Resigning to the gem already being given away and would only further drive a wedge into the need for the party he lets it be and looks to Thoreal. "Master Thoreal the amount you just said for coin, if it were my decision, would be split as follows. You, Master Bolvar and Lady Rasellia each take 13 gold pieces, 15 silver pieces and 36 copper pieces. That would leave me with the platinum piece one gold piece and 15 silver pieces and 38 copper." The key to maintaining cohesiveness is to give in places you don't think are appropriate.


    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-02 at 09:47 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    Thorael looks at Rasellia, Bovar, and Calthoric each in turn. Perhaps these humans are not all greedy mongrels after all. Interesting. "Rasellia, Bovar, Calthoric... your generosity seems boundless. I must insist however. We each have a price to pay. I have no need for swords, or armor, or repair. I have little use for arrows or other items of war. Yet these things cost coin. Spell components for me can become quite costly, so i will ever be seeking gems and platnum. To give me such would take away from you, and in the end not help, but cause harm. It costs some coin for each of us to do their craft. I should be no different than the rest of you."

    Thorael pulls out 99 gold coins, splitting it into 3 piles of 33, he pushses one pile to each of them.

    "Now... what are we going to do about this rod. Calthoric obviously wants nothing to do with it. Since you found it along side him Rasellia, perhaps you should try and...um... talk to it." The wizards eyes are drawn to the rod, an almost maniacal look comes across his face as he speaks these word.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[8]|Listen|(1d20+4)[21][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-02 at 10:08 AM.
    ~Ayr

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    Rasellia takes the money gratefully, the hunger pangs already seeming to numb at the prospect. Taking a moment or two to respond to Thorael's suggestion, she raises her eyebrows and looks at the elf. "Wh... me? It seems you're much more... mmm..." She pauses as she tries to pick a word that doesn't insult, but still matches the creepy look on the wizard's face. "...interested in it than I am. But if you insist..."
    She stands up slowly, more than a little wary of an allegedly talking rod, walking over to the table, reaching for it and picking it up.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    A startled look comes over Rasellia's face as she takes the rod.

    [CHU]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A soft voice enters your mind, "Oh hello, I do believe that I can like you. I need your help, I once was a weapon of power, forged to bring justice to the land. However, my wielder fell, I was unable to shield her from herself. I was taken by the enemy, and broken into seven peaces and scattered around the continent. You are lucky that you found me. There has been a presence here, soon before you came that destroyed all of the other occupants looking for me. I shielded myself from his scrying and all scrying. However, once he left, I felt your presence. The man that was here, he is powerful and ever growing. His army is becoming increasingly more powerful. Will you join me?"


    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]


    Raising her eyebrows, she almost drops the rod as it speaks to her. Once she realizes it lacks any obvious malcontent, she just looks at the rod as it tells its story. When it's finished, she turns it over in her hand, then looks at the rest of the group. "...It seems like it's looking for help... It claims it used to be a powerful weapon, but was broken up and scattered, and it wants our help to put it back together. Also, whoever did all this..." She makes a sweeping motion with a hand to indicate the desctruction. "Is a force to be reckoned with..." Looking back down at the rod, she speaks aloud to it. "Can you speak, Rod? And do you have a name?"

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    A voice fills each of your minds and says, “Yes, yes Rasellia, I can speak, telepathically with the whole group. I can speak auditory; however, I find it so unintelligent that I prefer not to do so. I do have a name, both a common name and a true name. I will not tell you my true name only my common name, its Solace. We should move quickly, for the warlock will quickly return.”
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20)[6](6)spot(1d20)[20](20)[/table]


    Bolvar looks a little bit shocked, a little bit scared, and very confused by the talking rod. When he hears about the warlock, his grim face returns. "Sleep here indeed! I would rather face a pack of wolfs in the dead of night then some warlock. Lets head back to the inn and rest there."

    Bolvar's face suddenly darkens. "However, if the warlock can sense the rod, and follows us to the inn, those nice people will get caught up in it. It might be better that we just stay here until we deciede what to do next."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    She raises a reassuring hand to Bolvar. "Nownow, Solace here said that he successfully shielded himself from detection, so I don't think going back to the inn will put them in any danger. We can't, however, forget about why we're out here..." Her look hardens as she turns to Thorael and nods. "We're out to bring some law to these lands, and if not law, at least vengeance. I say we stake out somewhere out here, if not in this cave, then somewhere nearby. Unless these were the bandits we were looking for.... hmmm..." A stroke of inspiration his Rasellia, and she takes it upon herself to go over to the crates and look through them herself, trying to see if she can recognize any items from the caravan she was a part of.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The voice pleads in agony, "You fool, do you not know anything about magic shielding. I have let my shielding go to be found by you. If he is strong enough, he might already be sensing that I have revealed myself. He knows that I am in these hills already. You are much too weak to fight him and his legions, in less you wish to become one of his legions. We need to make haste to a city, anything that can help shield us from his magic or at least have too many places to look. The bandits you are after are now part of his legion, look around you, it looks as if a battle has been fought here, but where are the bodies?”
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    Frowning at Solace it interrupts her thoughts on vengeance, she continues her search as she replies. "How do you know these were the people we were looking for? Just because there's a living space in the side of a hill in some woods doesn't mean they were bandits, and even if they were, who's to say they were the ones we were looking for?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check: (1d20-1)[10]


  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The rod gives no reply to Rasellia's question. As Rasellia searches through the bloody moldy grain she does not find anything else of worth (besides more bloody moldy grain).
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Weapon of power, now that is interesting. Though I am in no hurry to meet up with this warlock. Traveling at night does not have a promising outcome either. Calthoric pockets his divvied coins and stands away from the fire. "I could be mistaken but I have always thought a knights code was Justice before vengeance. If these are the bandits we sought then vengeance has been served. Also if the rod is correct you'll have another opportunity to give out your vengeance when met with the warlocks raiding parties again. Either way the thing is right we cannot stay here if what it says is true. Besides that I am starving and we need to find someplace with some food heading back to the inn seems counter-productive. I am unfamiliar with this particular region does anyone know where the closest city is?

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-05 at 09:39 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •