Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 898
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The rod pipes up to answer Calthoric's question, "The city of Nesmee is a few weeks journey to the south. It is the largest city around. There is a smaller town a days journey to the south. Follow the river until you get there. I would recommend sticking to the roads until we get to Nesmee."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    Thorael nods in grim determination taking in all that is being said. "A city would have resources available that we do not have here. Tomes that may authenticate the veracity of this tall tale. If a necromancer is a foot, and is seeking out this item of power, it cannot be good. That again, is if..." Thorael begins to pace back and forth deep in thought. "In addition to vengeance, my purpose here was to reclaim my stolen gear. We have no equipment. Minimal food. I do have a small amount of concern for the inn keeper. I think the right thing to do would be go back to the Inn. Warn him, and supply with food before journeying south. While i have no problem traveling at night, it may be a difficult journey for which ever direction we turn"

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[14]|Listen|(1d20+4)[22][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-05 at 10:20 AM.
    ~Ayr

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    "It seems most everyone is in favor of traveling back to the inn. Seeing that it is a week travel at least to make it to a city of any size we are going to need supplies and that is the closest location I can think of to buy supplies. Hopefully there will be a beast of burden we will be able to purchase as well there. Pack up the camp and lets leave this place before we are visited by something we do not wish to be visited by."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    Rasellia continued to search for a few more moments while the others voiced their comments. Giving a sigh as Calthoric sums it up, she gives an ill-tempered kick to one of the crates. "Very well... I agree that it would be against our best interests. I'm... loathe to give up the search for these fiends, and while I take some relief in hoping that they met some horrible fate here, we have no way of knowing. I am no knight, however... I'm not bound by any code of conduct besides that of mine and God's; these monsters slaughtered servants of God, and the only course of action is to find them and bring them to justice. If they DID meet their fate here, then my mission has been a failure - my friends have not been avenged, and their malefactors have been taken from this world by a completely unrelated event."
    Glaring at Solace, with a look of contempt more than anything, she walks over to her set-aside crossbow and reclips it to her hip. "If we're going, let's just go."

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 13 spot[(1d20) = 19[/table]


    Bolvar looks off into space, and then turns to Rasellia. "Vengence is not something us mere mortals should give. Your dead comrades would not want you to waste your life searching for there killers just to hurt them. No, I believe the dead do not want vengence. They simply want those of us left behind to be happy in their stead, and for us to make sure that no one ends up like them. These bandits have left this world, they cannot hurt anyone any longer. That part of what you most do for them is compelte. Now, lets get out of this place and figure out what to do."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    You leave the cave and start marching north. There is a full moon illuminating you way. As you continue Thoreal and Rasellia something.
    Spoiler
    Show

    You see what looks to be a large creature take off from a short distance away and cross the moon. It is hard to tell exactly what the creature is.


    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    It is nearing dawn as you are getting closer to the Inn. The desire for a nice bed to lay in is all that you can think of at this point. You are tired from this long days journey. As you get closer you smell something burning. As you approach you can see flames licking away at the inn. The inn is on fire and burning quit quickly. You stand outside the burning building wondering what to do next.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 3
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    The half-elf points skyward with a look of alarm. "What in the hells is that?!" Looking at Thorael and the others in shock. "I have a bad feeling about this... we should pick up the pace..."

    Sure enough, their approach towards the inn confirms her gut feelings. Unsure of the usefullness of doing so, she runs toward the burning building, trying to assess the damage as much as she can; how long as it been burning? Are there cries for help? Is there any sign of people having escaped? Futiley, she conjures up some water, dousing the doorframe with the liquid. "Dammit, no!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting create water (10 gallons) on K15

    Last edited by Chu; 2007-03-06 at 01:07 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The water does little to put out the flames. The whole inn is a blaze, you hear nothing except for the crackling of flames.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    Thorael raises an eyebrow at Rasellias feeble attempts. "What are you doing Rasellia? They still may be in there! Do you not have any incantations you can ask your higher power for which will protect you or us from fire? Is there no way to tell if they yet live? What about you Solace?" The look on the mages face shows true concern...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Id Flyin critter...
    Knowledge Check - (1d20)[7]
    K:Arcane +13
    K:Planes +5
    K:Everything Else +4


    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[17]|Listen|(1d20+4)[24][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-06 at 10:26 AM.
    ~Ayr

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Knowledge Check results [Ayr]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is a dragon, you are unsure what type, could be black/blue/green/red due to the distance and seeing it at night.


    The rod makes no reply to Thoreal's question
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-06 at 10:46 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 1 spot[(1d20) = 4[/table]


    "There is nothing we can do here now. These people paid with there lives to teach us a lesson. We have apparently run across something that someone wants enough to kill people we merely have contact with. We will have to be careful about where we stay. Lets go. We need to get away from this place before more trouble comes."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 4
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]


    Rasellia curses herself quietly and backs away, shaking her head at the elf. "No, there is no power I possess that would allow us to get through that inferno... my healing could keep me alive, but it wouldn't stop me from suffocating in the smoke... I'm afraid Bolvar is right; we have to leave here, now, before anyone else gets hurt. I just hope they made it out okay. I mean, how hard is it not to notice flames raging, huh?" She gives a weak smile which quickly fades with thought. "Throrael, do you think that creature had anything to do with this?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not even gonna TRY a knowledge check... good ol' -1 Int :D


  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    Thorael shakes his head."... nothing we can do..." Rasellia's words strike him, and he answers almost absentmindedly. "Dragons can unleash this kind of devastation, although i didn't see it well enough to tell if it was a Young Red, or a magic using Blue, Black, or Green. I don't think a White would be this far South, and we're a bit too far from any Arid lands for it to realistically be a Blue." The mage stares off into the flames, mesmerized by the loss. Shaking his head after a moment, he comes back to reality. "Fair enough, fair enough... I would not have been able to rest knowing we did not at least attempt to warn the poor Inn keeper. We have done our duty, and my conscience is clear. We should head south east, and camp a hundred yards or so off the road before we really move on. I still have a majority of my spells available, so a full 8 hours wont be required."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you do move us along, I'll use Extended Rope trick at the camp site to keep us safe... {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[5]|Listen|(1d20+4)[14][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-06 at 03:39 PM.
    ~Ayr

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    You find a quiet place to nap in the hidden room for a few hours (4) and then you head south. You follow the road for hours and soon the sun starts to wain. You think that the town should be coming in the near future. Then a weird thought enters your mind, why have the birds not been chirping lately. You slowly turn around and then you see a large creature with yellowish-brown coat trying to hide behind a bush. It sniffs the air with an dull ivory beak as it's red eyes glare at you. You feel for the first time that you are prey.

    [knowledge nature DC: 15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This creature is an Owlbear it likes to hunt stuff (i.e., you)


    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-06 at 08:30 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

    Spells...

    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    Thorael, thoughly grumpy and some what put out, steps his way to the front. "We have no time to fiddle with Flora and Fauna. Luckly Natural creatures spook more easily than Magical Beasts. ggrrrrRRRAAAHHH ET TU ETIEN?!" And with these words, the mage claps his hands together. >KRACKTHWOOM< A bolt of lightning strikes forth from the Elf, singeing the creature slightly. "NOW OFF YOU GO BEAR!! FIND SOME BERRYS OR HONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    K:Nature - (1d20+4)[11]
    lovely

    Move: E16 (man i need my glasses)
    Standard: Cast Lightning Bolt

    Lightning Bolt - (5d6)[2][3][2][5][1](13)
    Well that sucked. feel Free to Reflex for 1/2 DC:16 (+2 to your save for cover?)

    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[6]|Listen|(1d20+4)[5][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-06 at 11:26 PM.
    ~Ayr

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    The creature is able to slightly duck out of the way of the lighting bolt as it comes crashing towards it. It seems enraged now by the attack....
    [AC:
    15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14]
    reflex - (1d20+5)[18]

    [DM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-07 at 09:39 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 4
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 1[/table]

    Rasellia, somewhat surprised by Thorael's eagerness to lash out, observes the beast's reaction for a moment. Realizing that it wasn't backing off, she draws her sword. "Seems like this isn't any ordinary beast... no bear I know has a beak, Thorael!" She approaches cautiously, firmly calling out for her Saviour's protection before getting too close.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 30 ft. to F13
    Casting shield of faith +2 upon herself


  18. - Top - End - #198
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 12/12/10 | Robes
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 19 spot[(1d20) = 14[/table]


    Bolvar moves in front of the group, to f14 where he is waiting for the monster to come to him. "Trolls, bear-chickens, and a talking rod. What a story this has turned into! Next we will be attacks by unicorns."
    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-03-08 at 02:34 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:57
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric watches as Thoreal releases a bolt of lighting unaware that a creature was even present. He brings up his bow but can see he does not have a clean shot. He holds his action until the beats comes out into the clearing and will then release two quick shots.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack 1: (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage 1: (1d6)[4]

    Attack 2: (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage 2: (1d6)[2]

    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-08 at 08:28 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

    [AC:15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14]

    The creature rushes forward (2x move) and is hit by Cathoric's two arrows. The beast continues to come forward as if the arrows did not affect it, its beak pecking in your direction.

    [DM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 0[/table]


    "Get BACK, you abomination of nature!!" Attempting to start this battle off right, she puts al of her strength behind her first swordswing, teeth bared at this wild obstacle in their path.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Power attack: +5 dmg, -5 to-hit
    To-hit: (1d20+2)[22] Crit chance in OOC thread
    Damage: (1d8+7)[14]

    Last edited by Chu; 2007-03-08 at 12:23 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    "Wha...I..What? Not a bear?!" Thoraels eyes neary exit his skull. He takes a hesitant step, backwards, and begins floundering with his bow. Turning, he finally gets it from over his shoulder. After a few more steps in retreat he knocks an arrow. Spinning in place, he draws, and lets fly. With a Thwunk and an "OW!!" the arrow drops harmlessly at the wizards feet, as he shakes his hand, welt appearing on his forearm...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: A20 (Gilly move to B20)
    Standard: Attack Ranged To Hit - Shortbow - (1d20+4)[5]
    Nice...1 :(
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[7]|Listen|(1d20+4)[9][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-08 at 03:22 PM. Reason: didnt save the Gilly Move
    ~Ayr

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 37/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 12 spot[(1d20) = 20[/table]


    As the monster closes with Bolvar, Bolvar smiles as he swings. "Come on you bear-chicken, lets see what you got." As his sword slices the monster, he grins evily. "Stupid troll, making me look like I can't fight."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: 1d20 = 14 +8 = 22
    Damage: 2d6 = 4 + 2 = 6 damage
    Last edited by Finn523; 2007-03-08 at 05:45 PM.
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric surveys the battle area and though seeming as if it is mostly under control he releases another two arrows against his better judgment. He watches as both arrows find their mark and plunge into the monsters flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack 1: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage 1: (1d6)[2]

    Attack 2: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage 2: (1d6)[3]


    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-08 at 03:14 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    The blows cut deeply into the bear. It howls in pain and then the bear like creature tries to slash at Rasilla with its claw but misses. However, he does connect with a claw and a bite to Bolvar ripping through his flesh (11 dmg).


    [DM]
    Spoiler
    Show

    rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    claw attack 1 - (1d20+9)[12] dmg 1 - (1d6+5)[10]
    claw attack 2 - (1d20+9)[14] dmg 2 - (1d6+5)[8]
    bite - (1d20+4)[17] dmg bite - (1d8+2)[3]
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-08 at 06:14 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 0
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 0[/table]


    Taking advantage of the owlbear's focus on Bolvar, she sidesteps around it, trying to gain a further advantage. "Bolvar, get around it!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to G12
    Power attack: +5 damage, -5 to-hit
    Attack: (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[14]

    Last edited by Chu; 2007-03-09 at 02:05 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javilin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]


    As Rasellia and Bovar maneuver around the beast, Thorael sees his opening and knocks another arrow. Beads of sweat trickle down his brow as he focuses his concentration on his target. Drawing back to his anchor point, his sore arm and hand begin to shake. Thwunk. "YEOWCH!!" Again, his misfires, and again... the arrow drops harmlessly at his feet.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ranged Attack - Shortbow - (1d20)[1] (+4 Ranged Attack -4 Into Melee)
    Awesome!!! two 1s in a row
    Shortbow Damage - (1d6)[5]

    Arrows-
    Hit:-
    Miss: 2

    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[12]|Listen|(1d20+4)[22][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-10 at 01:11 PM.
    ~Ayr

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 26/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 8 spot[(1d20) = 12[/table]


    "Err, right!" The sudden need to think during battle causes Bolvar to lose focus, and his sword sails in the air harmlessly. He does however take a step towards flanking the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show

    attack: 1d20 = 5 + 8 = 13
    move: move to f15
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    The bear like creature focus now upon the barbarian. It swings both of it's claws and massive beak at the man. It connects with one of it's claws scraping Bolvar's leg leaving nasty ripped flesh (11 dmg) squirting blood upon the trail. Its other claw rakes harmlessly against Bolvar's breastplate denting the metal. It tries to bite but Bolvar is able to lean back and the creature finds only air.

    [rolls]
    Spoiler
    Show
    c1 - (1d20+9)[22] dmg1 - (1d6+5)[11]
    c2 - (1d20+9)[10] dmg2 - (1d6+5)[10]
    b - (1d20+4)[14] dmg3 - (1d8+2)[9]
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-10 at 02:46 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric watches the battle. Not knowing when they would be able to require more arrows he holds his action seeing the creature filled with cuts and beatings from the battle. It does not look like he will last much longer.

    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •