Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 898
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    "Nice to meet ye, me Lord. Aye, we do 'ave some room if ye be willing to work or ye got some s'iny coin. T'ere be some empty 'ammocks for ye to sleep in. Me boss's s'ip is not much, but tis going sout' to Nesmee. Will ye follow me down to the docks?" The dwarf motions to the northeast where he first came from.


    [CHU]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The rod softly whispers to you. "Calm down, Dwarfs are gruff, humans are stupid, and elves are arrogant. However, do not look a gift horse in the mouth."


    You follow the dwarf through the maze of burning buildings. A few times you have to turn around because a building has collapsed blocking the street. A northern wind seems to be blowing strongly causing flames to leap across buildings. Your lungs burn with the pain of smoke. At one point the dwarf stops and pulls out a cloth, soaks it in water, and places it upon his mouth. He motions for you to do the same. You continue wondering through the streets, starting to believe that the dwarf has betrayed you when you see the river. A boat is anchored 20 feet away from the shore. You see the remains of a broken dock. There is a small rowboat with a dwarf and a human standing by it, they wave to Dwack as he approaches. They greet you and help you upon the row boat. After a few moments you are helped aboard the ship. The captain, a brawny dwarf, greets you with a smile. He is dressed in full plate, a weird choice for a sea captain. Dwack introduces you to him and he replies "Welcome, aboard. You are desiring to 'ead to Nesmee? Well, I need crew, if your looking for a transport or a cruise t'en you best be c'oosing anot'er boat in this town. 'Owever, since t'is s'ip be t'e only one, I'll strike ye a deal. If ye want to rest, then the fair be 200 gold. Ot'er wise, I'll give ye free passage and food for some work. 'Ow does that sound?" He waits for your reply. Then adds, "W'y yu 'ave a goblin wit' ya?"

    [MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-16 at 02:21 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]His eyes narrow at the dwarf and an indigent scowl crosses his face. No point of wasting and argument on peon that cannot make the decisions he will lead us to his captain. Calthoric follows Dweak to his captain. He bows to the captain and winces at the goblin forgetting that the creature was with them.

    "Captain...?" Calthoric says as he waves an open hand in a small circle to entice a name from him. "Do not mind the slave. I am offended at your offer. You crew member has made our introductions to you however should you have failed to understand I shall reiterate. I am Lord Grathen of the Northern houses of Glackspree and I am traveling on behest of trade negotiations. As you can see by my contigent even you can not deny the validation of our claims. That being the case you should by right of the compact treaty the Nesmee safe waterway travel act offer any nobleman safe passage and protection while sailing in and around Nesmee waterways. Should I feel inclined to do so I can report your ship to the rejection of offering safe passage to the trade comissions of Nesmee and have your berthing permits revoked denying you access to one of the most profitable trade routes in this realm. With that being said I am not without sympathy for merchants looking to earn a living such as you and your fine crew. I will pay you five gold pieces a head and should the need arise I will allow my accompanyment to provide aid to save your ship if trouble on the seas rears its ugly head." Calthoric crosses his arms and gives a stern look to the captain waiting his response.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|(1d20+9)[22]|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-16 at 03:18 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The captain frowns at Calthoric's proposal. "The Northern 'ouses of Glackspree you say. 'Ow is Lord Munser, I 'eard 'e remarried. 'e is a close friend of mine. W'at was 'is new brides name again? Tis a s'ame t'at you are not up on Nesmee's trade policies, especially after t'e noble 'ouses lost power to merc'ant 'ouses. T'e merc'ants ended the safe waterway act because it was unjust to us struggling merc'ants. We now can c'arge w'at ever we want." With that he chuckles, "Now Lord Grat'en, I wager t'at you 'ave not been to Nesmee in some time. Being a Noble of Nesmee is one t'hing in Nesmee. 'Owever, we are far from Nesmee, and by the looks of your 'enc'men, your 'ouse is barely surviving. I 'ope t'at t'e bank 'as not frozen t'e rest of your accounts for t'e Nesmee you knew, tis not t'e Nesmee of today. Now w'ere were we? Ah, yes, settling your fair. 'ow about 150 gold for travel."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 4 spot[(1d20) = 10[/table]


    Bolvar sits quietly waiting for Calthoric and the captain to reach an agreement. "I am sorry, but I seem to have missed this. What brings you and your crew here? Isn't it odd that we all showed up here at the same time?"
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Dwack turns to Bolvar to reply to his question. "Aye, t'is interesting that you and we 'appen upon this town. Unfortunately, t'is not the only destroyed town we 'ave seen in t'e last week. We were up nort' passed t'roug' two more burned out towns on the river. Tis a 'arch nort'. Looks like we bring sad news to Nesmee. We are merc'ants and bounty 'unters. We were after a bounty and are now returning to Nesmee. 'Ow did you survive t'e attack?"
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-16 at 05:08 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 1
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3[/table]

    Rasellia seems to calm down after a few moments, comforted only slightly by the words whispered to her. She remains quiet on the boat, but upon their arrival on the ship, and Calthoric's... stretching of the truth, she steps forward. "I will work on your vessel, Captain, as I have no money, and I am part of no noble's entourage; I can tell you also there is nothing particularly aristocratic about any ONE of us." She gives a scowl to the rest of the group for their dishonesty before looking back at the captain. "What is it you would have me do?"

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The captain looks confused by Rasellia's statement. "I will need you just to help the crew in any way possible, washing the decks, helping with the sails, maybe a little rowing. Cooking if you are able. Now help me to understand how you are not part of a noble's entourage."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 1
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3[/table]

    She rolls her eyes. "You are too quick to trust the words of passersby, dwarf." She stabs a finger at Calthoric. "This man is no noble, and even if he were, I am no hired hand for him to hide behind!"

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    "So you attempt to deceive me and trick me into giving you free passage. I could throw you in the brig with the bounty, but I have no grounds under river code. If I left you here in the burning city, then I would be no greater than you. You have the choice, work or pay; however, i will keep a close eye on you, thief."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Calthoric sighs and shakes his head slowly. "You should probably heed your own advise Lady Rasellia. Until now we did not know if it was in fact these dwarves that sacked this town. Perhaps trusting someone you have been traveling with for the past few days would have been wiser." Annoyance clearly displayed on his face he turns to look at the captain. "Lady Rasellia is correct I am no noble. My name is Calthoric Wintersbane. Forgive my deception but it was a necessary one as if you were not who you said you were upon hearing I was a noble would at least kept us alive in hopes that you would seek ransom. It is now apparent you are indeed merchants of the neighboring town of which I have never been. I have recited an act that I know some lordships invoke hoping one was also in place in this realm. I have no intention of working for you crew as I know nothing about sailing. How much is the fair for all but the lady as she would apparently be satisfied doing a normal womanly function of cooking."

    Spoiler
    Show

    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-17 at 09:43 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 4 spot[(1d20) = 10[/table]


    Bolvar claps his hand on Calthoric's shoulder. He is smiling brightly. "A little bit of work never hurt anyone. If you know nothing of sailing, you will know something after working on a ship. I will work on your ship captain. I am a slow man, and those ropes look confusing. I will probably only be good at lifting heavy stuff. Just tell me what I must do."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    The wizard places his hand upon his face with a slight shake of his head, thumb resting just under his cheek bone, fore and middle fingers massaging the area between his dark eyebrows and up to his hair line.

    "Reckless Rasellia... reckless. First of all hun, you need to keep your knickers out of a bunch, and let the nobleman work his craft. If you are incapable of comprehending that which is going around you, you need to keep...you need to hold your tongue, and leave all the talky talk stuff to the adults. m'kay?" Turning his attention to the dwarf.

    "Alrighty there Cap'n. You need to keep your bloomers from creeping as well. There will be no brig for anyone here. You forget, we have a third option. Work, Pay, or Walk. I for one, am loathe to participate in manual labor, and not too fond of sea travel, especially aboard a boat with a crew known for its love of underground holes and stone. Who are purported to sink like them, and are not notoriously known for their fondness of water. Calthoric, makes a good point. We don't know that you weren't responsible for the sackin of this town." Thorael sighs and takes a deep breath. "That being said, since my companions here seem set on a three hour tour, and have the collective wisdom of the local villiage idiot, i will consider tagging along. I need assurances that no harm will come to my Valet. His muscle and arm will be at your disposal. He makes an exceptional tea. If you, however, deem that you'd rather have my muscle, over my arcane might... rest assured that i would die before i cast a single spell in defense of this vessal. Alternatly, we can negotioate my spell casting fees in private, or we could simpley trade passage for full use of my mental prowess..."

    Looking over at calthoric, a smile and a nod, and... a sudden realization. "Wait a moment... you're not a noble?!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[13]|Listen|(1d20+4)[8][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-19 at 10:15 AM.
    ~Ayr

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The captain sighs after hearing Thoreal's words, "What can you offer me besides your muscle swabbing decks?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 1
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3[/table]

    Rasellia's eyes narrow at the elf's condescension. "Is it so much to ask for a little respect from you two?" She shares her icy glare with the rogue. "I am bound by no service to either of you, so do not take my skills for granted; I'm not about to gloat about my powers, but by God, they'll save you one day." She stabs a finger at the goblin. "Hell, I saved your servant, didn't I Thorael? And that doesn't usher the smallest bit of gratitude from you? Rest assured, if either of you continue to flaunt your supposed intelligence over either Bolvar or myself, you'll find yourself one healer short, and several wounds too many."

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    "Well... I'm glad to see your superior observation skills can detect even the most blatant condescension. You want respect?! Perhaps you should try using that lump between your ears for MORE THAN JUST A PERCH FOR YOUR HELMET BEFORE YOU OPEN THAT PIE HOLE!! I... I..i" Thorael takes a deep calming breath, as he looks about the eyes fixed on him. "Listen to us... there is something wrong here. I have felt it since... " the mage makes sure to catch Rasellia's eye however enraged they may be"... just before we returned to the INN and found it ablaze. It's a palpable darkness...no, a chaos. I... apologize Lady Rasellia. We must make haste to Nesmee. Captain, if it's deck swabbing you wish of me, so be it, but i think you'll find i can be of better use... we can discuss it further once underway, but i will follow any just order you give. Just get us out of here..." Exasperated and drained, Thorael leans heavily against the rail, sighs deeply and stares at his feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[12]|Listen|(1d20+4)[7][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-19 at 11:49 AM.
    ~Ayr

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The Captain roars, "Buckle down the 'ac'es boy's we be sailing to Nesmee." With that you see the deckhands role into action pulling up the sails and bringing up the anchor. Soon, you feel the breeze running past your cheeks as the boat starts heading down wind and down river. "Dwack, s'ow t'ese folk to their 'ammocks and then began s'owing t'em 'ow w'at to do."

    Dwack takes you below deck, he gives you a hammock from a box labeled extra hammocks and show you how to tie it to the ship. You are at the back of the ship. In the middle of the ship is filled with boxes, crates, and hanging dried meat. The ship smells like an armpit that has never been washed on a hot sunny day in a small confided space. You can hear some banging from the front of the ship.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 1
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3[/table]

    She's taken aback by her comrade's rather unsightly outburst, and hopes that she didn't make that much of an ass of herself. Nonetheless, she feels compelled to tear right back into him with the words she's had stowed away for a while, but thinks better of it, finding some truth in what Thorael trails off with.
    She follows Dwack below deck and listens to his instructions. The sight - not so much the smell - of meat makes her stomach growl audibly, and she turns to him. "..Dwack... is there... is there any way I could get some food? Buy it even? I haven't eaten for two days... And does the ship usually make that sound?" she queries, referring to the banging.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    "Aye, Las, we lost our cook, so all we begot is some dried meat and gruel. T'ere be a pot of cold gruel over t'ere. 'Elp your self. As for t'e banging, tis our prisoner. I be sure you'll get a gander later. Eat up and t'en make yer selfs useful. T'e decks need moping, food needs cooking, sails need sewing, find somet'ing you'er good at and do it." With that Dwack grabs a chuck of meat and climbs out back onto the deck.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    St. John's, NL, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|5 LVL|LG|M
    hp: 40/40
    |Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
    Melee Atk |+7 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+3 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
    SV|Fort +5|Ref +4|Will +6|
    STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
    {table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
    0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light | 6 | - | 6 | 1
    1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
    2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status | 4 | 1 | 5 | 3[/table]

    The healer eyes the pot of cold gruel with a look of pure disgust, but her stomach rumbles once more at the thought of sustenance... of ANY kind. Shuddering, she serves herself a heaping bowlful, looking about warily before passing a hand over the serving, her pupils glowing green for a moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting detect poison

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    He looks to Thoreal with a resigned smile and flashes a wink. "Another tale for another time Master Thoreal." He states simply as he listens to the captain. Following them to below decks he retrieves his hammock and sets it up as instructed. He then helps himself to some of the gruel. Eating it as if it was as the finest meal. Upon hearing Dwacks explanation of the banging Calthoric's curiosity is peaked. "If you will excuse me Master Dwack I find my self in need of the privy. I assume like most ships it is down by bilge? With that he head further into the bowels of the ship to find where the prisoner is located.

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-20 at 09:51 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [Chu]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gruel does not have any poison


    [Wild/everyone else]

    The gruel tastes like a dirty sock filled with sand, it is barely eatable, but it does fill you hungry stomachs. Venturing closer to the front of the ship, where you can hear the banging, you make your way through the cluttered boxes and crates until you see the prisoner. He is clad in chains, on attached to each foot, hand, and neck. He appears to be human, with a beard growing. He is naked except for a dirty loin cloth. He does not appear to notice you coming closer.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    Thorael lets gilly test for poison sample the gruel before consuming it himself. Eating in quiet, he follows as the grand tour is provided. The prisoner seems to break him a bit from his melancholy... er sorta. "Don't talk to him. He may be a good guy wrongfully imprisoned by the dwarves who are really pirates. That's definitely a problem we don't need to know about right now."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[15]|Listen|(1d20+4)[19][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-20 at 11:33 AM.
    ~Ayr

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 5 | CG |MED
    hp: 47/47 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
    Melee Atk | +8 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
    SV | Fort +7 | Ref +2 | Wil +1|
    STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Listen(1d20) = 4 spot[(1d20) = 10[/table]


    Bolvar tries the gruel. He seems to move it around his mouth a bit before finally getting the courge to swallow it down. "Eh, I have had worse. Oh hey Thorael, that conversation was confusing. Is Calthoric really a noble? Also, do we have to work on the ship? All that talking place really fast."
    "What will be on the final? Two things. Pain and suffering" -Prof Hanson

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BUFFALO!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    Thorael of Baelsgreen
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Thorael|Elf|Wizard|LVL 5|LN|MED
    hp:20/20|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
    Melee Atk|+1 Dagger|dmg: 1d4-1|Ranged Atk|+4 Shortbow|dmg: 1d6-1
    SV|Fort +2|Ref +3|Will +4|
    STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]


    Spells...


    Gilly
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Gilly|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
    hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
    Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
    SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
    STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

    Thorael looks at Bolvar with genuine sympathy in his eyes. "It's hard to say friend, its hard to say. It was clear that Cal was using some kind of ruse, but why Rasellia would claim he was not a noble, i do not know. Perhaps his denouncement is yet another bluff, perhaps not. It's very difficult to say. All i know for sure, is yes, we are to work for our passage... and the sooner we can be off this rat infested death trap, the better."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="width=100%"]Spot|(1d20+4)[6]|Listen|(1d20+4)[19][/table]
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2007-03-20 at 01:24 PM.
    ~Ayr

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    Overhearing the conversation between Bolvar and Thoreal Calthoric glances over his shoulder as looks to Bolvar. "No Master Bolvar, I am not of noble blood. The deception was needed." Leaving the comment hang in the air like a bad odor, he looks to the prisoner and sighs at Thoreal's explanation. It now gives him an out if any useful information was to be gotten from him. Ignoring Thoreal's warning he questions the prisoner knowing he cares not for his freedom deserved or otherwise. "What is your bounty and why was it placed?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|(1d20+7)[24]|Listen|(1d20+7)[20]
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|(1d20+9)[13]|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-20 at 03:21 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    The prisoner looks up at Calthoric coughs and then spits in his direction. "I be innocent. These damnen dwarves have taken me captive, they have left me beaten, starving, and without sleep for days."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    "Of course you are" Calthoric rolls his eyes and reiterates his question. "Who are you, what is your bounty and why was it placed? I have not asked if the bounty was legitimate I just want to know what the person who placed it thinks you done."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2007-03-21 at 03:31 PM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    "These dwarves say that I stole and killed a noble. The family placed a bounty on my head. I have no idea how much it was. Who are you and why do you care?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    [OVERLAND MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show


    [MAP KEY]
    Spoiler
    Show


    It will take you about 9 days to get to Nesmee by boat
    Last edited by crimson77; 2007-03-21 at 02:01 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wildboy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Broken Gate (Ch. I)

    {table] Calthoric Wintersbane | Human| Rogue| LVL 5 | CN |MED
    hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
    Melee Atk |+3 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+6 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
    SV | Fort +3 | Ref +7 | Wil +0||Arrows:55
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]

    "Stole a noble eh? Impressive I suppose. As far as caring, I don't. If you were able to supply us with something however we might be able to speak on your behalf and maybe prove your innocence if it is at all likely you are innocent. I am looking for any kind of information that would prove useful of the surrounding areas. Perhaps a rumor of any interesting person or item."

    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
    Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
    Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+13
    Search|1d20+9|UMD|1d20+9[/table]
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •