New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (EMPIRE! FFRP Thread, Open, Ongoing) The Academy of Culture and Prowess

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Fastion takes the great knocker in his hand, raps it twice, pauses, then raps thrice more. The common courtesy knock of Celero might not be recognized here, but old habits die hard.

After his final knock, he stands out in the hall at attention until he is summoned into the office.

She might not be expecting a soldier to be here for training, especially a foreign one as old as me. I also doubt she will know of my bloodline connections, though it is not at all hard to tell I'm a Celerii.

He though this silently to himself as he fidgeted with his webbed hands held behind his back in the position of attention.
    "You can enter", it sounded from behind the door, said by a clearly female voice.

When go through the heavy doors, you find yourself in a big room, filled to the brink with scrolls and old looking artifacts. Behind a huge wooden desk, a Kasumori woman is seated, looking around 30 years old. You clearly see a tail, wings and gills.
    When you enter, she looks surprised and slightly taken aback.

"Prowess to you, friend from....Celero I assume? I am Jivia Flaredust, Headmistress of this Academy. Where can I help you with? I assume you are here to get some information about our teachings for your children?"
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (EMPIRE! FFRP Thread, Open, Ongoing) The Academy of Culture and Prowess

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Irlon smiled and pointed at the ground.

"I'm from Shikurai, the land below this one. So you're from the Union of the North huh? You're a long way from home. Now if you would follow me."

He started walking to the class-room, looking backwards after a few steps.

"Are you coming, milady?"
    "Yes, thank you very much for showing me the way. You don't have to call me 'milady'. I'm no grand noblewoman. I've what you could call directionally challenged." She laughed awkwardly. "I've heard of Shikurai. So what's it like?"
    Last edited by Aella; 2014-04-26 at 04:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"You can enter", it sounded from behind the door, said by a clearly female voice.

When go through the heavy doors, you find yourself in a big room, filled to the brink with scrolls and old looking artifacts. Behind a huge wooden desk, a Kasumori woman is seated, looking around 30 years old. You clearly see a tail, wings and gills.
    When you enter, she looks surprised and slightly taken aback.

"Prowess to you, friend from....Celero I assume? I am Jivia Flaredust, Headmistress of this Academy. Where can I help you with? I assume you are here to get some information about our teachings for your children?"
    "And prowess to you, Headmistress Flaredust. I am not here to seek information for my children, but to seek training for myself."

His intentions imperceptible, he stood there, staring at her perplexed reaction.

My face is stone. My resolve, absolute.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-04-28 at 05:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    "Yes, Ignatos are to sit on the throne handling international matters while the Ethmorls preside over the Senate and more local concerns and the Radurjic Faith unites the lands through belief. Of course, I'm more likely to end up in Hurosha for the rest of my life," she stopped herself, not wanting to reveal her betrothal to the Bordeusi boy.

"It's just down this way you can get registered," she said, changing the subject and guiding him down a hallway inside the dormitories that lead to a small office behind which say a goblin with scroll and pen taking down names of the various other foreign students.

"You might want to mingle some first, see if there's anyone you'd like to room with. I got lucky with my roommates, but it's probably smarter to find people."

OOC: If anyone wants to drop in especially with a male foreigner I think this is a pretty good time.
    Yes, I suppose I do need to register. Be seeing you around, then, I hope.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If anyone wants to drop in, now's great. Also, Logic, would you mind changing that color slightly? It's kind of hard on the eyes.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Aella
    "Yes, thank you very much for showing me the way. You don't have to call me 'milady'. I'm no grand noblewoman. I've what you could call directionally challenged." She laughed awkwardly. "I've heard of Shikurai. So what's it like?"
    Underway to the classroom, he once again broke down in smile, a melancholical one this time.

"Shikurai is a place full of old traditions, spirit revery and superstition. Because of its underground location, we use light crystals to light our ways. The most precious gift the earth could have given us, my mother used to call them. Most of the elves living there are fishermen. Did I mention Shikurai is populated by elves and Bucka primarily? For the rest, since the Hurosha Empire took Shikurai under its wing, the life of the people have certainly improved, being able to study here, see the world and not forced to fish for the rest of their lives."

He talked for some more about the folklore of Shikurai while you are walking to the class room and after an animated talk, you find yourself before the classroom door, where a teacher is waiting, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. Quickly saying his goodbyes and giving you his roomnumber (238), he leaves for his classes. The teacher, an old female elf, steps towards you:

"There you are, and 10 minutes late at that! That does not leave any good first impression, young lady! I'll hear your excuses after class. Get in get in."

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    "And prowess to you, Headmistress Flaredust. I am not here to seek information for my children, but to seek training for myself."

His intentions imperceptible, he stood there, staring at her perplexed reaction.

My face is stone. My resolve, absolute.
    Flaredust eyes widened in surprise.

"Training for yourself? In what sense, if I may ask? Are you an adept of the blade or a seeker of knowledge? Although I think an adept of the blade at your age is difficult, abeit not impossible."
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Flaredust eyes widened in surprise.

"Training for yourself? In what sense, if I may ask? Are you an adept of the blade or a seeker of knowledge? Although I think an adept of the blade at your age is difficult, abeit not impossible."
    "Both, as always. I can teach some, if it will help me earn my keep, but my intent in coming here was to learn."

At that, Fastion unhooked his sword sheath from his belt, and laid the weapon on the desk in front of them. The winged hilt was rather elaborate for a simple soldier, given to him as a badge of honor. To Fastion, it was a reminder of the downfall of pride.

"This sword was given to me the day I became a Griffoneer. I foolishly gave up my prior swords, swords that had seen me through several battles. I am a veteran of three wars, and have been a leader of men. What I have to show for it is this garish sword. I wish to learn more than just the sword, to focus my mind. But I must also hone my body, as one must hone a blade. I was told this was the greatest institution in all the land where I might be able to continue both quests in harmony."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Underway to the classroom, he once again broke down in smile, a melancholical one this time.

"Shikurai is a place full of old traditions, spirit revery and superstition. Because of its underground location, we use light crystals to light our ways. The most precious gift the earth could have given us, my mother used to call them. Most of the elves living there are fishermen. Did I mention Shikurai is populated by elves and Bucka primarily? For the rest, since the Hurosha Empire took Shikurai under its wing, the life of the people have certainly improved, being able to study here, see the world and not forced to fish for the rest of their lives."

He talked for some more about the folklore of Shikurai while you are walking to the class room and after an animated talk, you find yourself before the classroom door, where a teacher is waiting, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. Quickly saying his goodbyes and giving you his roomnumber (238), he leaves for his classes. The teacher, an old female elf, steps towards you:

"There you are, and 10 minutes late at that! That does not leave any good first impression, young lady! I'll hear your excuses after class. Get in get in."
    "Yes ma'm! I'm terribly sorry. What page are we on?" She asked frantically.