Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

[Walkview Apartments - #572]

Someone comes knocking on the door.
    A scarred young woman in light armor, colored in forest-camo, with hair in shocking red dreadlocks. Numerous rings on her left hand, none of her right, and a sword sheathed on her back.
    Flat, innocent face dotted with freckles.
    Tote bag in hand.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Someone comes knocking on the door.
    A scarred young woman in light armor, colored in forest-camo, with hair in shocking red dreadlocks. Numerous rings on her left hand, none of her right, and a sword sheathed on her back.
    Flat, innocent face dotted with freckles.
    Tote bag in hand.
    The door will be left unattended for a minute or two before a woman comes to answer the door. There's a chain keeping the door locked, and she just peeks through a small crack, speaking to the other woman. She's a bit older than the one at the door, some wrinkle lines showing at her face. A little bit of grey hair can be noticed, but she seems a tad younger than most to retain that faded color. Must be stress. Her eyes are blue and shine in the dim light of the apartment through the doorway. Bethany looks down to notice the sheathed blade and frowns a bit. "Erm, hello?"

3. - Top - End - #1293

"Hello! Bethany, right? I'm Alex, Herald of the End of Days. But I'm not here to preach today! It's about your...husband, is he? Might I come in?"
    She smiles brightly through the crack in the door.
    "If not, I can just leave this here for you to look over at your leisure."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello! Bethany, right? I'm Alex, Herald of the End of Days. But I'm not here to preach today! It's about your...husband, is he? Might I come in?"
    She smiles brightly through the crack in the door.
    "If not, I can just leave this here for you to look over at your leisure."
    Beth will frown, before nodding a little bit and undoing the chain. She'll look both ways, seeming to be a tad paranoid, before welcoming Alex inside. Beth will move to the center of the place and sit in a chair arranged in the living room. There's some toys on the carpet, left behind by two children who seem to be missing at the moment. A door to the left is closed, the right leading to the kitchen and bathroom area. The place is quite small. "Cai? Where's he been? You... I, thank you, Alex. I haven't seen him in a few days.... He told me he was working overtime and staying at some apartment. Is... Did something happen? Are you with Remnant?" She's speaking quietly, so the aforementioned children are most likely in bed within that closed room.

Meanwhile, one of the thugs under Marciano's command has noticed someone unusual walk into the home of the person they were to keep watch over. Hmm.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

"Obriane says I'm spirity or something." Kitty says, though she sounds terribly unconcerned. She flumps onto Obriane and smooches her around the chin a bit. Far too cuddly for being in the middle of a public inn! She's totally oblivious to what the other two are talking about, far too distracted by Obriane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

"Kitty would never ever do anything evil." Obriane insists as she caresses Kitty's hair and tails while seemingly being lost in her eyes. "She's my little foxy fox spirit." I'm pretty sure you said that already Obriane. The changeling then giggles loudly and looks away from the Kitsune for a moment. "But I could do whatever you want if you think it's important, Sticky. A ruined shop sounds awful!"
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

Tanya shrugs and says, "I have no idea at this point. Should I go get Zareen? She'd want to be there."
    "Then you'll need to come with me, Obriane. I-if that's quite alright. Your, um, fox spirit can come along," Sticks says, hating that they'll probably have to bring Kitty. She seemed like a very nice young, er, drunk, but having a spirit with them would only make the night more dangerous. And him, only more uncomfortable. He feels like he could withdraw inside his cloak like a ridiculous turtle and never come out right about now.

The tall man glances at Kanya. "Zareen? Of Malechenar? If you think you can retrieve her quickly. I don't wish to waste any more of these two young ladies' time than we have to. I think further inquiry, beyond a little show-and-tell, will have to wait until they're... until they're sober."

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim will arrive at his usual time on a clear Tuesday 'morning', though Westside's blanket of perpetual night remains to contest that fact. He'll be able to see something's wrong right away, walking down the street. The Tinker is on his right, nestled between it's damp, quiet neighbors in a slightly poorer part of the city.

It's right shop window - the one with the word Tinker on it - has been broken inward. Huge shards of what was thick industrial glass lay strewn into the shop in a glittering cone, intermingled with the crushed remains of what Sticks had on display the day before. His best toys. Beyond, two of his shelves have fallen over, one atop another, their contents scattered everywhere. About two thirds of the shop's floor is so strewn with toys and gizmos that it'd be impossible to walk without crushing one. It seems someone already did so to a great many. Their orange lifeblood - a stuff Sticks claims better conducts the Soul's energy - drips and runs everywhere, refusing to dry or congeal.

On the left, part of the simple white plaster wall is dented inward, cracked, as though something heavy was hurled against it. Beyond that, not too much has changed - it seems the force of the impact(s?) knocked down still more of what Sticks had dangling from the ceiling or the walls.

It's really quite a mess.

And there, behind the counter in his favorite chair, is the one called Sticks. He's asleep, it seems, head falling toward his shoulder, mouth hung open stupidly. A bit of drool runs at the corner of his mouth.

The tall man is without a shirt. The sound of pumps - very slight, very quiet - can be heard when he breathes, and there's a pair of stitch-edged holes in his chest where machinery seems to shift with each slumbering exhalation. Otherwise he's... as one would expect, desperately thin, narrow shoulders, blue rune-etched skin stretched raggedly over bones and steel.

He snores amidst the wreckage, then falls quiet.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1296

Alex comes inside, keeping wary.
    "I'm afraid he hasn't been entirely truthful with you. He may have been working overtime, but it's as an enforcer for the crime lord Marciano. He was recently involved in burning down a temple Inside, and I hope for his sake he's on the run."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex comes inside, keeping wary.
    "I'm afraid he hasn't been entirely truthful with you. He may have been working overtime, but it's as an enforcer for the crime lord Marciano. He was recently involved in burning down a temple Inside, and I hope for his sake he's on the run."
    Bethany just sort of stares, having been about to make her way to the kitchen to fetch something to drink for the woman. Now though, she just didn't seem to have the strength to stand, let alone walk. Her face goes pale, and she seems shocked. "Wait... what? No, no that's impossible. Crime... He wouldn't do something like that. He's a safety inspector, and he's out of town. It's... You can't be serious. How did you know this?" She's getting more and more upset as she thinks about it, glaring at Alex, the bearer of bad news.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim takes a look from across the street and sighs. "Crap."
    He jogs over, unlocking the door even though he could just step through the window, and steps lightly on his probably-too-small-to-support-his-weight hooves without crushing anything, although he can't avoid getting them wet if he's avoiding them. Barnabas, who had been sitting on his shoulder, begins picking up smaller things and placing them back on shelves.
    The faun takes another few light steps over to Sticks, giving him a pat on the cheek and snapping his fingers in front of his face a few times.
    "Sticks? Sticks, wake up! You okay, Boss?" he says, currently just hoping he slept through the whole thing and not that he got knocked out.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

"Kitty would never ever do anything evil." Obriane insists as she caresses Kitty's hair and tails while seemingly being lost in her eyes. "She's my little foxy fox spirit." I'm pretty sure you said that already Obriane. The changeling then giggles loudly and looks away from the Kitsune for a moment. "But I could do whatever you want if you think it's important, Sticky. A ruined shop sounds awful!"
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

Tanya shrugs and says, "I have no idea at this point. Should I go get Zareen? She'd want to be there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Then you'll need to come with me, Obriane. I-if that's quite alright. Your, um, fox spirit can come along," Sticks says, hating that they'll probably have to bring Kitty. She seemed like a very nice young, er, drunk, but having a spirit with them would only make the night more dangerous. And him, only more uncomfortable. He feels like he could withdraw inside his cloak like a ridiculous turtle and never come out right about now.

The tall man glances at Kanya. "Zareen? Of Malechenar? If you think you can retrieve her quickly. I don't wish to waste any more of these two young ladies' time than we have to. I think further inquiry, beyond a little show-and-tell, will have to wait until they're... until they're sober."
    [Dragon Inn]

"Huh? Where are we going?" Kitty starts to stand, even trying to help Kitty up. Never mind how unstable she's been. "I thought we were going to bed now, but I guess we can go see stuff." She giggles again for some reason.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

As Kitty attempts to get up, the small group will feel a sudden chill as frost quickly starts to form on the windows. While it wasn't noticeable before Stick's can see that the air outside is like a thick fog of spirit matter, Then a stone flies right through the window, aimed at Kitty's head. Wherever it actually hits or not, all the lights inside the inn suddenly go out as the fog only Stick's can see rushes inside.

Then all hell breaks lose.
    Chairs, plates, pillows, portraits and the rest of the inns furniture are being thrown around violently with terrifying force, most of them aimed at the Kitsune but not with particularly good aim, most of them just end up crashing into the floor with a deafening sound of wood breaking.
    The murlock innkeeper ducks for cover as his inn is being violently trashed by an raging invisible force.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-10-29 at 09:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya stands as the junks begins flying. She races around as fast as she can, trying to touch as many pieces of flying garbage as she can, draining all of the heat and momentum. She then unleashes a series of fireblasts at anything easily disintegratable, trying to turn as much into harmless ash as she can.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-10-29 at 10:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1302

"Take a look for yourself."
    Alex upends the totebag, spilling out pictures, prints of divined and foreseen crimes.
    "It can be hard to accept, but I mean, one kinda has to."
    "I know all this, because I work with him."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

"Take a look for yourself."
    Alex upends the totebag, spilling out pictures, prints of divined and foreseen crimes.
    "It can be hard to accept, but I mean, one kinda has to."
    "I know all this, because I work with him."
    And with that, she goes even whiter, all semblance of healthy color gone from her face. She's obviously incredibly stressed now, the shock evident on her face. Most of the images show Caius with the helmet on, but a few show the suit as damaged by battle, the helmet torn away. Beth breathes in deeply, unsure of what to do. This was... not okay, he was killing. He had told her long ago that he'd changed since school, he wasn't a bad man. He promised her. With a bit of fear, she gazes towards Alex again. "Wait... Why, where did you get this... I need... Oh gods."

14. - Top - End - #1304

Alex shrugs.
    "Several different scenes, as you can see."

She smiles softly and holds out a hand to Beth.
    "I understand this must be quite a shock. If you need to be alone, I can go. If you need someone to talk to, I can listen. If you need to get away from here for a while, I can give you a quiet place."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex shrugs.
    "Several different scenes, as you can see."

She smiles softly and holds out a hand to Beth.
    "I understand this must be quite a shock. If you need to be alone, I can go. If you need someone to talk to, I can listen. If you need to get away from here for a while, I can give you a quiet place."
    Beth looks upon one of the pictures, a particularly gory one, and begins to break down into tears. She'll look up to Alex, her eyes teary. "I can't... Why would you do this, why would you show these to me!" She stands up, unsure of anything right now. She needed to get away, she needed to get her children out of the place, where he wouldn't find her. She'll shout now, her voice rising in hostility. "Get out! Get out of my house!" From there, she'll begin by locking the door, then hurriedly packing up everything.

---

She'll be gone soon, the news flying through Marciano's network to reach him in the hour.

16. - Top - End - #1306

[Apartment]

Alex puts up her hands defensively,
    "Alright, alright. I'm gone."
    Takes up her bag and heads out the door.

Whistling a cheery tune as she goes.

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

It's a while later that Alex swaggers in, tote bag now empty, save for a note, which she draws out and hands to the bartender.
    "Think you could pass on a message for me? For one 'Grayle'. He'll want it. And while I'm wasting your time, a cider?"
    She offers him a handful of bone coins, several more than the drink will just cost.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-10-30 at 12:19 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

It's a while later that Alex swaggers in, tote bag now empty, save for a note, which she draws out and hands to the bartender.
    "Think you could pass on a message for me? For one 'Grayle'. He'll want it. And while I'm wasting your time, a cider?"
    She offers him a handful of bone coins, several more than the drink will just cost.
    With a sigh of boredom, the bartender raises his eyebrows and looks around, some old timey song playing on the speakers. There's a lot of people here, looking to be quite tough. None appear to have weapons upon them, but all look upon Alex with a sort of suspicious indignation. Who was this person walking in like she owned the place? However, she won't be addressed to save for a few glares.

Caius himself is sitting on a stool across the table, his head down on the desk. He seems to be awake, but grieving over something. There's a bottle on the table by him, but it's still full. He hasn't been here very long. The bartender's wide girth makes it's way over to Caius, dropping the note down. Grayle will point his head up, not quite noticing Alex just yet, and angrily moves to grab the letter.

As he reads it, his face grows a bit red, not in a nervous way, but in an angry sort of way. As he reads it over, he squeezes his fist, the bottle cracking before bursting into pieces around him. He'll look forward, his eyes settling on Alex. He recognized her. Caius steps off the table, clutching the note in hand. "Who... Who sent this." It wasn't a question. It was a demand.

18. - Top - End - #1308

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim moves quickly enough through the wreckage, stepping around a scattering of what was, before last night, a small army of toy soldiers. An enormous dragon-doll lies on it's side, lifelike scales broken open at the joints to reveal it's copper wiring and fine silver bones. Silver. Why wouldn't someone have taken that? A few stray miniature arms and legs jut up out've the debris, twitching or grasping at the air.

Jim makes it to his boss. As he reaches out to try and help, a tiny hand snatches at the hem of his pant leg, not quite finding purchase. If he glances down, he'll see exactly one half of a disarmingly large metal soldier, the remains of his legs strewn behind him amidst an orange-flecked trail of clockwork innards. He was, it would seem, modeled after some sort've medieval infantryman, with a tall fluffy hat and a blocky looking longsword. Half of his cheery white face has been ripped off, the rubbery material giving way to a cheap iron surface and a beady orange eye that looks squarely up at Jim. He'd be nearly the size of a small child, were he still whole.

Jim's gaze downward may be carried from the evil little thing to the floor beyond. A few other toys are still upright and mobile, looking up at him with the same baleful gaze. A dog, a rabbit, a griffon. Underneath the fallen shelves, a great multitude of orange lights wink on, two by two, in a few cases eight, and they look.

They peer.

Blessedly, Sticks is not a particularly heavy sleeper. He jerks awake with a snort, eyes flapping open, and he blinks rapidly. "Jim?" He moans out, widening his eyes and stirring. "Jim? What is it boy?" Oh. He isn't quite fully awake. He narrows his eyes and glares around, finally focusing on the lad's face.

[Dragon Inn]

((Does Kanya have superhuman speed, so she can rush around to touch the flying stuff? I'm trying to envision this in my head and I can't find her sheet))

"I'm sorry to pull you out've..." The tall man starts to turn. "Out've..." What was that horrible chill? It made his joints ache. He only reacts in time to see the fog outside, and briefly realizes something's gone very wrong.

Let it never be said Sticks has poor reflexes. Fast enough to save Kitty from being struck by a stone, if she doesn't save herself? We'll see. He tries to shove the poor kitsune down with one of his great long arms, though it's done harshly and without much precision. The tall man reaches into his cloak with his other hand, time seeming to slow as he bends at the knees and his body begins to lean to the left.

Got to cast something. Repel evil. A barrier. No, not a barrier. He was terrible at spontaneous shields. A binding? An attack with his cloak? His mind works at machine-like speeds, but his body creaks and groans in what is only a poor attempt to follow up.

Despite these valiant thoughts, his face is a rictus of terror. Fear is certainly a good motivator.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-10-30 at 01:28 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1309

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Alex swaggers over to the table, a smirk on her face.
    "Hey bro. Caius, good to see ya buddy. Boss is ready to fly on his own wings, and I'm ready to bounce. I think you're going to be too, in just a little while."

She has a suspicion that she's not going to get the cider.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Alex swaggers over to the table, a smirk on her face.
    "Hey bro. Caius, good to see ya buddy. Boss is ready to fly on his own wings, and I'm ready to bounce. I think you're going to be too, in just a little while."

She has a suspicion that she's not going to get the cider.
    The bartender had delivered the note and was making his way to the cider when Alex speaks. Caius stands, looking to Alex in anger. "What have you done. What." He reads the note again before throwing it to the ground, hate in his eyes as he stares towards her. There's hatred first, burning hot. Then, as he slowly comes to grip with what must have happened, his face contorts into a visage of sadness and anger, the kind of face one who's absolutely desperate would make. Others inside the tavern are watching the conversation with distrust. "Answer me... Where are they? Bethany? What did you do, what did you ****ing do!" With a great shout in the end, he rushes towards Alex, attempting to grip whatever she's wearing and hoist her into the air, slamming her against one of the wooden pillars within the inn.

"WHERE ARE THEY."

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Yes. Jim's pant leg. The faun's pant leg. Pants are definitely something that Jim owns. Definitely. That's why he wears them in every scene, right?

Either way, Jim kicks the hand away from the soldier grasping at his furry goat leg and turns back to Sticks.
    "Uuh, Sticks? Did you have a little revolution in here? I think some of the toys are a little pissed off, but judging from the way the window broke someone definitely broke in. Were you asleep through the whole thing?" he tries to ask gently.

22. - Top - End - #1312

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Alex smiles back at Caius, not giving a millimeter to the anger. Same smile, friendly, open. What is one man's mortal anger?
    "I just told them a few things. You've been lying to her, you know; terrible business."
    She shrugs.
    "Gave her a few pictures, offered her some help, but she didn't want it, the poor little penguin. I couldn't say where she is now, if not at home."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Alex smiles back at Caius, not giving a millimeter to the anger. Same smile, friendly, open. What is one man's mortal anger?
    "I just told them a few things. You've been lying to her, you know; terrible business."
    She shrugs.
    "Gave her a few pictures, offered her some help, but she didn't want it, the poor little penguin. I couldn't say where she is now, if not at home."
    His seething rage boils beneath his skin, and as Alex tells him more, the situation just seems to get worse. By now, several of the goons are reaching for guns in their coats, but most are unarmed. They knew Caius had something hidden in his past, but none of them knew exactly what the deal was behind the man. Now, it seemed he had a family he was hiding? Scandalous.

Caius speaks to her, his knuckles white from balling his fists. "You had no right, you have any idea what I've done for them?" He'll bring his fist through the air, and as he does so, one of the chairs will come flying her way, aiming to hit her in the chest and knock the wind out of her all at once. Should it hit, he'll drop her to the floor.

"Why did you do this... I AM ALL THAT STOOD BETWEEN THEM AND DEATH." By now, some of the others in the room are backing off. Caius speaks to her now, his voice deathly quiet, having calmed himself a little.

"Why."

24. - Top - End - #1314

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Very, very, very quickly, the sword is unsheathed and swung to hack the chair in half. Which really shouldn't be as easy as she's making it look.
    "Don't do anything you're going to regret, Caius buddy."

Alex gives him a wink and returns the blade to a Lady's Guard stance.
    "I had the power of knowing, and that gives me the right. You were the one to get them into danger, to chain them. I expect they're gone and free now. Besides, she was holding you back."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Very, very, very quickly, the sword is unsheathed and swung to hack the chair in half. Which really shouldn't be as easy as she's making it look.
    "Don't do anything you're going to regret, Caius buddy."

Alex gives him a wink and returns the blade to a Lady's Guard stance.
    "I had the power of knowing, and that gives me the right. You were the one to get them into danger, to chain them. I expect they're gone and free now. Besides, she was holding you back."
    Caius points his finger at her, pacing back and forth in a small way. "I didn't get them into danger, I put food in their mouths, I made sure they got what they needed! I did what a man is supposed to do for his family." He stares at her now, slowly levitating off the ground. [B]"You did this, why could not understand. Why doesn't anyone understand!"[B] With a growl, he'll now attempt to flip a table, sending it her way. "You ruined it."

"All I ever did was care for them!"

26. - Top - End - #1316

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

"Lie, cheat, steal and murder, thinking it's helping them?"

Alex hops up into the air, flipping over the table.

"Really, chill. You were a terrible father and husband. They're better off without you, and you're better off not trying."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

"Lie, cheat, steal and murder, thinking it's helping them?"

Alex hops up into the air, flipping over the table.

"Really, chill. You were a terrible father and husband. They're better off without you, and you're better off not trying."
    Her words bite like acid to him, destroying all the mental walls he'd placed, separating his work away from his family life. He'd compartmentalized everything, making sure none of the two aspects in his life would ever come close to contact. That way, at night, when he laid in bed staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep, he could try and convince himself that he was a good person. He'd always believed the lies, as long as he didn't think about them too long. Caius cared so much about his family, the only people he ever cared for. He'd find peace in the eyes of his son, he'd find acceptance in the embrace of his little girl, and love under the care of Bethany, his Bethany, the woman he'd loved for so long, faithfully.

Now she's gone. All of it, gone. Just like that. All the guilt overwhelms him now, and he sets a hand on the table, his fingers digging into the wood as he turns his back to Alex. After a second of shaking shoulders, he turns around, tears falling down his face, the anger still there. He screams to her now, his voice loud and shivery as he thinks upon what she said. "Better off without you." That hurt him, that was the last straw. He couldn't do it anymore, he couldn't hide all the guilt, all the terrible things he'd done. He couldn't separate it any more. Everything he'd ever done was for nothing, nothing!

He'll charge her way, this time with a bottle in hand, not using his powers. He smashes it on the counter and attempts to press it against her throat roughly. "I DID WHAT I HAD TO, GODDAMMIT!" From there, he'll attempt to slice at her throat.

"I'll kill you."

28. - Top - End - #1318

[Beyond the Sea Tavern]

Alex watches, waiting for him to work through it on his own.
    And then the charge comes. She was ready, and brings the sword down in a quick, precise strike aiming to cut along his arm and make him drop the bottle.
    "Speaking of things you were going to regret."

If that doesn't work, she can always step back and aside.
    "My blood will not wash away your failures. I'm your only remaining friend, Caius."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1319

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Yes. Jim's pant leg. The faun's pant leg. Pants are definitely something that Jim owns. Definitely. That's why he wears them in every scene, right?

Either way, Jim kicks the hand away from the soldier grasping at his furry goat leg and turns back to Sticks.
    "Uuh, Sticks? Did you have a little revolution in here? I think some of the toys are a little pissed off, but judging from the way the window broke someone definitely broke in. Were you asleep through the whole thing?" he tries to ask gently.
    Meanwhile, in some alternate Nexus-verse, an entirely human Jim with far more propriety gets his pants leg tugged.

But not this Jim! It's no wonder the soldier's little hand found no purchase. The soldier is insistent, but the kick knocks him backwards, leaving him on his back and momentarily unable to further molest the poor shopkeep. "Revolution? I, hah, impossible..." Sticks sits up, blinking again, breaking through the haze. "Oh, gods," He seems genuinely worried when he sees the toys assembled as they are. With a hasty wave of his hand, their eyes wink out, and a few make soft clinks as they fall back over.

"I wish I had been asleep. The shop..." It's all coming back to him now. Oh, gods, wake up already you damned fool. "There was a-a thing... gods, I've still got it downstairs, too..." The tall man leans forward and rubs his forehead, eyes shut, as though hurting.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-10-30 at 05:38 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Hey, Jim wears clothes, he just sticks to things of the kilt classification for his lower body. Though were he the kind of children's-story faun who could walk in public in only a shirt and still be considered PG, he might have considered it.

"A, uh, 'thing?' Sticks, what happened?" asks Jim, distinctly worried at this point. Clearly this was no mere robbery.