New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Southside - March of the Sith

Fortunately, after southside was spirited away, it remained mostly unsettled, so there aren't too many people anyways.

Darth Traise performs his role, creating a Bubble of the Force around Atrocity, limiting the effect of his lethal Aura.
    This will go well... so long as you keep your head.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside Town Hall]

"That is very true. So while you rebuild Southside, you could help build defenses at the river as well. We will of course lend you any aid you need as I imagine it will be a lot harder to move into lawless no-mans land. We all just want the population to fell safe after all." Celestel replies.

3. - Top - End - #1233

Southside - March of the Sith

Ravanys walks along near Atrocity. The tiefling doesn't have the same air about her as Atrocity. It almost seems like she doesn't want to actually be here.

She wears her normal outfit of heavy boots, large gloves, a small, black leather top, black bikini bottom, a pair of wide belts crossed over each other, a black eyepatch over her right eye, and a square piece of leather hanging from her hips down her left side, ending just past her knee.

For the event, Ravanys had strapped red pieces of armor to her arms, shoulders, and legs. Not a lot, but she doesn't like being weighed down in a fight.

Hanging from her belts are her lightsabers. Possibly joining them are Kubo's saber and one that belonged to Atrocity. She may also be carrying the staff that was owned by Korwil.

If Korwil's statement to Atrocity is made out loud, Ravanys will nod a bit in agreement.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Pixie in the Playground

[Southside - DART HQ under construction]

Agent 14 scowls at the field agent's report

One week, and this place is already under attack? The boss is not going to like this.

Agent 87 nods

They look like they mean business, sir. I don't think they're here for simple bullying.

14 sighs angrily

Go get everyone ready... but we're in a bad position to fight anyone right now.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Eastside Town Hall]

"That is very true. So while you rebuild Southside, you could help build defenses at the river as well. We will of course lend you any aid you need as I imagine it will be a lot harder to move into lawless no-mans land. We all just want the population to fell safe after all." Celestel replies.
    "Of course. That I don't think we'll have too much trouble with."
    The mayor offers a handshake, to show agreement.
    "I ought to get to all this; do you have any last concerns?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1236

[Eastside Town Hall]

Celestel will take her hand and shake it. "Not at the moment, but if there are, I will of course contact you. Feel free to do the same if there is anything, I, or one of my assistants will be available at any hour."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Pixie in the Playground

[Southside - March of the Sith]

The weary trudge on which the Sith of Ignitis had partaken did poorly to dampen the spirits of the eager apprentice. Seyren strode alongside his fellow students, his comrades. Clad naught but in his regular attire and equipped with his normal weapons, his head was locked forward with the march. His senses however, stretched out notably farther than usual for him. Seyren's abilities would be hampered with such a range, but any unfriendly movements or penetrations in his aura ought to be noticed at a greater distance to warn him of any oncoming dangers.

The young man's readiness was seeping out through his every action. His steps were heavy with his equipment weighing him down significantly, but today his pace was almost giddy with anticipation. Thoughts flew about his mind as he wondered what they all might face, how Lord Atrocity fought, what Lord Traise can do, and most of all, how he might prove himself to his masters in combat.

Master Traise? he thought to himself, hoping the wraith would be able to passively sense his thoughts. He wasn't sure if it would be wise to ask Lord Atrocity anything, given the current situation. If you would allow me a question. What are we planning to go up against? What is the purpose of our march?

Unfortunately, it would seem Seyren hadn't been briefed on any of the Sith's plans, whether intentional or not.

8. - Top - End - #1238

[Riverside - City Wide]

All over Riverside there are posters advertising open positions for miners in the newly opened mine not far from Riverside. It promises a "stable and secure job with many benefits and little prior experience needed". That's at least for the miner jobs, there are positions over for demolitions experts, safety personnel, inspectors and geologists .
    The mine is a quarry and will be focused on mining precious minerals such as amber.
    Anyone is welcome to get a job here as long as they have the qualities they need.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Southside, March of the Sith - DART HQ:

It seems that the first destination the hammer of the sith will fall upon will be DART. With a horrible cackle, Atrocity gazes towards the half-constructed base ahead and grins from beneath his dark hood. Somehow, he manages to hear what Seyren will say. His connection to the force must be quite strong. The Sith Lord will respond loudly, his voice gurgling and unpleasant. "All of it, young Seyren, all of it. We deserve it, my acolytes, and by the powers, we will take it." Those within DART HQ will be able to hear the marching soldiers before they see the troopers in white and red turn around the corner. As Atrocity turns to gaze upon the building, he'll growl out, using the force to command his legion of Sith soldiers forward. Those within DART will be able to hear a voice penetrate their minds. It's incredibly painful, and loud, but won't do more than stun them.

"AND NOW, MY LEGION, WE WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THIS WORLD AND TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS. MARCH, GO FORTH, LEAVE NONE ALIVE!"

The fifty draconic Sith will split into ten groups of five and begin to surge towards the doors leading into the base. It seems they had every intention of utterly destroying the place, and everyone inside. They'll spend this turn heading over there and attempting to get inside. Should the doors be locked, a simply slash of their uniform lightsabers ought to get rid of that problem. In the middle of the street, Atrocity stands. He'll growl as a car comes rolling down the hallway. With a wave of his arm, the car is lifted off the ground and thrown in front of him. More vehicles parked about are smashed and slammed in front of him, forming a makeshift barricade of broken metal around him and his acolytes.

"It has begun!"

((Sith PC's will feel free to enter the facilty with the soldiers.))

((Fenric, may I have a description of this location?))

---

Posting Order:

Atrocity & The Talynborn Soldiers: Played by Hatter.
    Korwil Traise: Played by AricKale.
    Ravanys: Played by Kerfufflemach.
    DART HQ: Played by Fenric
    Seyren: Played by Solidarity.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-10-20 at 05:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240

DART HQ - Sith Attack

So much for keeping your head...

He groans at the extremely loud voice that just entered his mind...it may not have been directed at him, but Traise felt it.

Seyren, this is your chance to shine, you and I both know that...
    He pauses, securing the words that he says so that Seyren alone can hear them.

If you need help, take the staff from Ravanys...it will prove useful. Kubo's yellow saber is also finely crafted, if you find yourself unarmed.

Korwil's Aura separates into ten tendrils around one, man-sized blob of The Force. All of this can be sensed by his fellow Sith.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #1241

DART HQ - Sith Attack

Ravanys winces a bit at the sound of Atrocity's voice. Did he really have to yell like that?

She watches the soldiers move in as she simply stands near Atrocity for now. She knew she was going to have to join them at some point. Atrocity would demand it, really. But, she figured it'd be good to let them get a head start.

Hopefully, Korwil tells Ravanys about letting Seyren have his staff and Kubo's saber. Otherwise, issues would arise.

She glances at the blob-like body Kowil made for himself. Looked weird to her, but if that's what he wanted to go with, then good for him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Pixie in the Playground

DART HQ - Sith Attack

The compound has a shanty-town style wall of rubble and corrugated metal with a makeshift gate, easily sliced through.
    Inside, a few black Lincoln Town Cars were parked: ready and available to be summarily mangled, so good call there :)
    The main building is central to the compound, and is currently just partial walls on a stone foundation that had already been there. There is a pair of wooden buildings to the left that have seen better days but been repaired.

From them, the Men in Black come out... except it's really dark gray. And these twelve people aren't the good guys (not that the Sith are even in the running... but still)

Only one of them is armed with anything resembling a real weapon: a sizeable backpack with substantial cables and tubes connected to a heavy-looking rectangular rifle. He hangs back while the rest take out very small looking pistols and march boldly toward the Sith in their Town-Car mini-fortress.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-10-21 at 01:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

[Dragon Inn]

"Yes, this is her, Kanya. Please, be patient. They're obviously..." Sticks replies in a low, hasty voice, not sure he wants to finish that sentence. Drunk. How unhelpful. He tries to smile at Kitty, tries to seem the friendly toy-man, extremely glad that he's wearing gloves and a hood for this encounter. No need to frighten anyone with this form. Nervously, he continues, "As Miss Obriane said, I am called Sticks. This is Kan--"

Goodness. These two are ridiculous. Sticks was very well ready to avert his eyes, but thankfully Obriane remains decent. The tall man sighs a little aggressively and blushes an electric blue color, the color very slight. "This is Kanya. Miss Obriane. I would advise you to bind that breastplate more carefully. It isn't safe to have spirits near oneself right now, not in this city."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    The compound has a shanty-town style wall of rubble and corrugated metal with a makeshift gate, easily sliced through.
    Inside, a few black Lincoln Town Cars were parked: ready and available to be summarily mangled, so good call there :)
    The main building is central to the compound, and is currently just partial walls on a stone foundation that had already been there. There is a pair of wooden buildings to the left that have seen better days but been repaired.

From them, the Men in Black come out... except it's really dark gray. And these twelve people aren't the good guys (not that the Sith are even in the running... but still)

Only one of them is armed with anything resembling a real weapon: a sizeable backpack with substantial cables and tubes connected to a heavy-looking rectangular rifle. He hangs back while the rest take out very small looking pistols and march boldly toward the Sith in their Town-Car mini-fortress.
    [DART HQ - Sith Attack]

Seyren's will rises to meet the supportive notions of his two masters like a plant to sunlight. His force abilities spike as he manipulates his aura into a cone protruding outward from him toward the compound. He'll focus all his mental effort into sensing the presence, movements or any other physical indicators anywhere within the cone that would alert him of other combatants hiding behind the windows on the upper levels for example.

Regardless of the results, his grin will return: the kind that generally says there's a few screws loose. Seyren unclips his weapon, and with a press of a button the deep crimson blade flares to life. He'll then notice the Men in Black(Grey?) make their way toward the party. His aura will condense back to normal.

"Allow me to provide a target." the acolyte offers, glancing at Ravanys. "You could use it, getting a better position to get the drop on the lot."

He'll then stride out from behind cover and hold his saber in front of him with both hands, imposingly. His eyes red and wide, his grin burning its impression into his face. There's no flourish of his saber, no angry roar to intimidate the men, just a disquieting stare and a cold, slow approach.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

DART HQ - Sith Attack:

Atrocity remains behind his barricade, and will spend the next few turns barking orders to his soldiers in their minds. It seems that the DART operatives are outnumbered, and just a tad outmatched. These were trained sith, powerful and skilled in the ways of the Force. Like a great flood, they break upon the twelve defenders. The blades will flash through the air, crimson and red hot. Flurries of slicing blades and the ravages of force lightning await the operatives, and they may quickly find themselves cut down. However, due to the sheer distance of the final operative with the large looking backpack, he'll be spared from a painful death for now. Some of the pistol-wielders may yet live, but not for more than a while, and certainly not with all their limbs attached.

Like an army of ants, they sweep across the headquarters, leaving nothing untouched by the wrath of Lord Atrocity.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya nods and says, "Quite. Well...Hmm..." She then catches something and asks, "Wait. Does your breastplate keep away spirits?"

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kitty doesn't try to get up onto her back this time. She rolls over to look up at the others and she can't stop laughing. She drank waaay too much, and for some reason that's hilarious. "Sorry, sorry! I'm okay." She pushes herself into a sitting position and pushes her tangled hair out of her face.

18. - Top - End - #1248

[Dragon Inn]

Obriane laugh's along with Kitty, if only because the whole situation was somehow funny. She then falls down in the coach which actually exist in this inn. Probably right next to Kitty. "'kay, sorry! I just... it came off!" She proclaims while slowly reaching down to grab it. "It's just so hard to put it on properly you know?" Obriane tells Stick's while leaning towards the Kitsune. "But yeah! It keeps all 'dem uglies away. Why are you asking huh?" She looks at Kanya with a before turning her head and gives Kitty a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

19. - Top - End - #1249

DART HQ - Sith Attack

Traise whispers into the mind of Ravanys, and for now it's best to assume that anything said to one person alone cannot be listened in on without great effort.

Ravan, I have given Seyren permission to use my staff as you once did, should the need arise. Hold onto it for now, but part with it willingly if he asks.

Once the gunmen begin to fire, Korwil's "oddly shaped" tendrils flare to life, purple lightning reaching out to whip the DART agents.
    Of course, he leaves most of the fighting to the others...he's here mostly for backup.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #1250

DART HQ - Sith Attack

Ravanys gives a slight nod of her head as she watches the sith soldiers march on the building.

From behind Fort Lincoln, the tiefling notices the one guy hanging back with what looks to be quite a big gun. And that was something that might prove troublesome.

Ravanys pulls her hand back and focuses for a brief moment, then shoves her hand forward, launching bolts of Force lightning at the man with the backpack.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Pixie in the Playground

[DART HQ - Sith Attack]

And the sith all get a simultaneous rude shock. As the various force attacks lance out, they each and all quite simply cease to exist in a sphere trivially larger than the overall height of each DART agent. No one is choked, no telekinesis has the slightest impact, no one is shocked: the Portable Impossibility Exclusion generators that each agent carries do their job for this round.

11 agents fire darts loaded with deadly toxin at the Sith.

The one in the back fires his railgun, sending a miniscule .30-caliber projectile at a tad over a hundred thousand miles an hour screaming toward the makeshift Town Car fort, aimed toward Atrocity himself.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-10-22 at 09:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Northside Museum of Natural Nexus History

Until recently, this museum wasn't remarkable. People with a huge interest in history are something of a niche audience in the Nexus, and that showed. Recently, though, this museum received an unexpected donation from the residents of Malechenar Castle, including the Crown Jewels of House Garrard, coming from the royal family of a nation that was absorbed by the Nexus. It'll be openly displayed along with Malechenar's other donations for the next few days, and then moved to a proper exhibit.

23. - Top - End - #1253

A fair skinned brown haired woman comes to watch the display. She's also keeping an eye on the security of this place. Anything of interest that she might note which could be useful in the future.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya blinks and says, "Well...That's illuminating. What happens if you don't have it on for a while?"

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Pixie in the Playground

[DART HQ - Attack of the Sith]

Recoiling a bit form his earlier attempt to comb the other buildings' higher levels, Seyren will quickly assume something prevented him from using the force. His abilities, while not normally too powerful on their own, were generally very reliable and consistent. If it failed, it did so due to interference. Watching the force lightning fizzle and lightsabers short out upon contact of the agents proved that to the acolyte. That'd mean a slight change in Seyren's approach.

As the agents shot back, Seyren weathered the storm of poisonous darts, deflecting them with ease. This was his specialty after all, and it showed. The gemstone focusing the saber did its work as the young man immediately changed his stance once the shooting began, giving him the mental nudges to move his blade right where he needed to parry the shots. It was until the railgun fired that Seyren thought all was still under control. A streak is all that was registered a split second after it blazed past the acolyte. After the first shot, Seyren made a decision. He had faith that his masters were fine, and without looking back, he took a deep breath. Judging by where the massive rifle was pointed, intuition assisted by the Lorridian Gemstone, and visualizing the trajectory lines with the Force, Seyren kept himself in line with wherever the next shot was aimed.

Let's hope eyepatch has a plan. his thinks to himself, his wild grin undying.

Seyren will glue his normally vacant eyes to the gunman's every twitch, waiting for the next shot to go off.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Crown Jewels of House Garrard are proudly displayed in a typical glass case in the center of the open exhibit. The crown itself is composed of platinum, and fitted with several expensive gems of many shapes and colors.

Security seems a little lax, actually. It makes sense, really. This museum doesn't have the backing of any kind of government, and only keeps afloat from the investment of local patrons.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Dart Headquarters:

The Sith had not been predicting such a thing from occurring, however, the disabling of their Force abilities will begin what seems to be a chain reaction deactivating everything from the powers of telekinesis to the the crimson lightsabers wielded by the warriors. However, the draconians possessed long and sharp claws, due to their nature. The incredibly long and somewhat serrated claws will probably find their marks easily, for the well-trained Talynborn Sith were made for this. A single Dark Jedi had been known to be able to slaughter thirty clone soldiers during the days of the Clone Wars, despite the heavy army they wore. Imagine the effects of these particularly Dark Jedi against unarmored opponents. The thick armor the draconic soldiers wear protect them from the darts, the tiny shafts unable to penetrate through armor. However, at least two of the draconic enemies will find themselves pierced in lightly-armored areas as they swing.

Luckily, the Talynborn were literally born of usually harmful toxins, artificial poisons and force-giving fluids flowed through their greenish blood. Still, the lethal toxin has a sort of effect upon them, making them drowsy and slow to the point of being little use in combat. Without their force powers here, the pair of Talynborn shot are veritably useless. However, there's still forty-eight others with claws and teeth swinging about, hate in their slitted eyes. The DART agents will either meet their end by the Sith's large teeth and maw, or by claw.

Atrocity, however, is still being fired upon. He's atop the barricade of cars, gazing upon the battle. He was far too slow in body to activate his saberspear here, and wouldn't have nearly enough time to deflect the many bullets fired upon him. Instead, he'll simply rely upon the same thing he had most his life, The Force. With a wave of his hand, the bullets firing at him will pause a few feet before him. As soon as the clip is done being blasted at him, he'll simply let the bullets drop to the ground, bouncing down the cars with a clank. Now, in response, he'll take down his dark hood, revealing a horrific sight for the man firing the large gun at him. Not long ago, the Sith Lord had begun his search for the Object of Numbers, an ancient artifact that offered incredibly power, at an even greater cost. The Objects had been sought after for many years in The Nexus, and only a few of it's inhabitants claim one. The Sith gave his sight, along with his mind and bodily strength, in exchange for the power the Object gave him.

The gunman will find it nearly impossibly not to suddenly stare into the horrid eyes of Atrocity. His face is heavily scarred, clearly the result of some sort of knive. He's missing his mortal eyes, and in place of them, two hot embers, deeper and darker than all of hell glare out at him. Suddenly, the gunman may find his greatest fears rip through his mind. After less than thirty seconds, the images will literally scare him to death. His bodily fluids ceased moving, his heart stopped, his hair white as snow. Fear was the way of this Object, and the way of the dark side. To make things a little scarier, Atrocity decides to make a show of power here. The Sith considered fighting singular opponents far below him, and much rather preferred the simple art of pure destruction. So, with a loud cackle and a cry, he gestures forward with his metallic and clawed hands at one of the wooden buildings close by.

The building will suddenly find it's braces and boards keeping the structure from standing suddenly ripped, the entire upper section of the building separated by the bottom. As the Jedi Master Yoda taught, size meant nothing with the force. This advice meant the same even for Sith, and for a Sith as in tune to the dark side as Atrocity was, this was possible. Atrocity will cause the small structure to rise into the air, before he'll simply throw the building at the center compound, wondering what'd happen. The Sith will shout out to the others as he literally brings down buildings. "Now witness the sheer power of the Dark Side! I am but a God to these pitiful fools!"

"WITNESS YOUR DESTRUCTION."

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sith Attack - Atrocity]

As Atrocity shouts, he may just find himself cut off mid-rant. Well, not really, but that's probably what it would sound like to everyone else (though those with ridiculously keen senses might still be able to hear distorted echoes of his voice) if they knew he had more to say past when he is. He's still perfectly capable of shouting as much as he likes, but it's highly unlikely that anyone will hear him much past 'pitiful fools', given that he should suddenly find himself completely surrounded by a mass of shadows, strangely solid and real - a complete sphere, should he check, displacing some of the cars that he was standing on upwards, though despite the effect on those outside, he can still hear what's going on outside perfectly clearly.

The source of the effect isn't immediately obvious - especially since given the aesthetic cultivated by most Sith, it's not exactly likely to be implausible to those watching that this is something Atrocity did himself. Whoever - or whatever - caused it, though, that's not likely to be her only contribution to this fight... At least, based on how such things commonly go; showing up just to wrap up one side's commander? That's simply rude!
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-10-24 at 08:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1259

DART HQ - Sith Attack

Well, Korwil essentially useless, given how the Force doesn't work on the agents.
    For now, he's forming a one-sided Force Shield around Atrocity.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #1260

DART HQ - Sith Attack

Ravanys gets a bit confused as her lightning gets blocked. That wasn't supposed to happen.

However, she doesn't have long to think about it, as the agents start firing at them.

A few things work in her favor on this. Mainly the draconic warriors between her and the agents. They block most of the darts.

For the darts that do make it past, Ravanys uses her lightsabers to block them easily. She may not have fancy and showy Force powers like the others, but she was pretty much a natural with her weapons.

Ravanys lets Atrocity do his attack before she decides what to do. She wants to see how that works first.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-10-24 at 05:28 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS