New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Westside Streets]

Elaine gasps as the heat, and stops in her tracks as she asks angrily, "What the hell was that? What did you do to me?"
    "The birds were just getting to know you." Skye giggles (a sound that might make you seriously reconsider this whole idea) and turns back to Elaine.
    "Don't be upset...now, what did you say you did to pay the rent?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Streets]

Elaine is terrified by the giggling, but manages to squeak out, "I-I give blood...My landlord is a vampire...But he also makes me pay money, too..."

3. - Top - End - #63

"That's terrible. Come, show me your place. You needn't give blood again."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Nervously, Elaine leads Skye to her cramped place, right on the edge of some of the very nasty parts of Westside, but not all the way there. Once they're there, Elaine nervously asks, "So...What did you mean when you said I'd never have to give blood again?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Misaka enters, beginning with a slightly hesitant step over the threshold.
    Um, sure!
    Misaka replies greatfully.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Alright, I'll be around in a few." And with that, Misaka is free to head on over to the living room.

There she'll find Eliseo seated on the couch in front of a massive TV. The boy is staring intently at the screen, his face a mask of concentration. His thumbs mash the controller in his hand as he blows apart zombie after zombie in some shooting game. He's so focused on his game, he doesn't even notice Misaka come in! He's not a very good host, is he?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Alright, I'll be around in a few." And with that, Misaka is free to head on over to the living room.

There she'll find Eliseo seated on the couch in front of a massive TV. The boy is staring intently at the screen, his face a mask of concentration. His thumbs mash the controller in his hand as he blows apart zombie after zombie in some shooting game. He's so focused on his game, he doesn't even notice Misaka come in! He's not a very good host, is he?
    Misaka nods, and enters!
    Um, hello!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hey Ark? SC has requested I poke you to his scenes with him in this thread.))

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Misaka nods, and enters!
    Um, hello!
    [Suncrest Manor]

Eliseo looks up from his game and looks surprised for a moment. Or right, he invited her here. "Oh, hey. One second, I go-" His head whips back to the screen as the zombie hordes decend upon his character and kill him. "****!" He curses loudly. "Stupid zombies."

"Eliseo! What did I tell you about swearing?" Nadia calls from the other room. The boy winces, muttering another curse under his breath.

"Anyway, uh, hey." Eliseo tosses the controller on the couch beside him. "So... what do you want to do?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ((Hey Ark? SC has requested I poke you to his scenes with him in this thread.))

[Suncrest Manor]

Eliseo looks up from his game and looks surprised for a moment. Or right, he invited her here. "Oh, hey. One second, I go-" His head whips back to the screen as the zombie hordes decend upon his character and kill him. "****!" He curses loudly. "Stupid zombies."

"Eliseo! What did I tell you about swearing?" Nadia calls from the other room. The boy winces, muttering another curse under his breath.

"Anyway, uh, hey." Eliseo tosses the controller on the couch beside him. "So... what do you want to do?"
    ((Apologies, forgot about those! Thinking as we speak what to reply with))
    Misaka sits down beside him if she can, suppressing a chuckle at the reprimand.
    hmm... does that game have a multiplayer mode?
    Misawa inquires with a dmile
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Jim snorts. "So? When does that matter at all? There's at least five worlds I know of which would kill people like me on sight, and that doesn't make me a bad person."
    "No, Jim, that's not... I misspoke," The tall man says, cringing a little. Gods, why does he have to be so awful at conversing? It would seem he was more referring to what Jim said about Sticks not having a very high opinion of himself. As for being a bad person... he can't even begin to imagine such a discussion with Jim. With anyone.

Sticks turns his head down, still blushing furiously, and begins to retreat toward his home in the basement. "I don't wish to speak of this any further, Jim. Just - just finish the badger, please." He's got to be alone, in the dark for a while. Just long enough to calm himself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Malechenar]

The technology is in fact ancient and would probably not work by conventional physics considering it's using another type of technology. "An fey affliction you say? Those are rather curious. Keep in mind however, the air is rather thin within the library walls to preserve the tomes kept within them." Ryhe warns as the elevator continues moving upwards. "What nature does this disease have? I know of a particularly odd one that caused the afflicted to see the flaws in everything. Quite useful, but also rather depressive."
    "I believe I could survive without oxygen for quite some time, my lord," Sticks says. He perfected internal air storage long ago. His cells are still somewhat alive, however. "The girl seems to attract spirits. Such an ability is of great interest to me."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #70

The Brave Knight Runs away!

A group of gargoyles still follow from the air, trying to keep up with them woman. Eventually they might lose her though as she's too fast for them.

Apartment Complex

We will be in touch. The demon replies before flying away. It had much to do now.

[Below Malechenar]

"You have to excuse me m'am, but could you explain what a 'stonemask' is, since I never heard about it." The guard asks.

[Eastside Demon Fight]

Obriane blinks. "Oh, he was possessed then?" She glances at the body, poor sod. "Like there is some sort of spirit de'mon on the loose?" Obriane looks rather worried as spirits tended to come to her before anyone else and that one didn't look very nice at all.
    It's a mask from an ancient society that, when worn and in contact with blood, turns the wearer into a vampire..
    She explains.

That's the Spirit!

No. Mages in my world will often allow a demon to possess them in a way, basically live inside, trying to take over, in order to gain power in their craft and become immune to harm from other demons that many summon to fight. Demons may force themselves upon others and possess in the same way.
    Invidia sounds bitter when she says the last part.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Westside Greenhouse]

Elaine nods, and dons the gown and heads into the room as she says, "Hey, I want to say thank you for doing all this for me. I'm finally able to not be a nobody." She then looks at the table and asks, "So...Do I just lay down here?"
    Westside Greenhouse

"Lay down, stand up, sit on your head if you like. I don't need to knock you out this time, just administer a local anesthetic. The first treatment, while invasive, is not strictly painful. It's a seed injection that will help with your desires to be better than average. I'll let you know the effects once we've administered the local, patients are always more happy to hear what they're in for when they're higher than a kite." As she says this, Shayan unravels a vine with a syringe held tightly in its coils and maneuvers it around behind Elaine, aiming carefully for her spine.

"I would ask you to hold still, but then I might miss. Squirm as much as you like."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Plant Science

"There appear to be thorns beneath your skin now, held in place by an extra set of muscles you grew just for the task, that can be released if you wanted to give someone a particularly painful hug. They have their own holes, which are invisible when the thorns are retracted, so you don't need to worry about any pain from releasing them. Also, your rose hips may be explosive when enough shock is applied to them, so please be cautious with where you dispose of them. They're quite small, so one on its own would only cause minor damage under ordinary circumstances, but your hair seems to keep a ready stock of them as well as its natural blooms."

Ok. Would it be possible you can aid me in learning how to use these abilities and master their use?

Ink asks, eager, intrigued and interested.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Westside Greenhouse

Elaine nervously squirms a little as the anesthetic syringe approaches her back, and then grimaces with pain as the needle slides into her back.

Not for long though, as when the anesthetic takes effect, a dreamy smile spreads across her face, and she slowly asks Shayan, "Sooo...You said dat you'd tell me watsh going to happen?"

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty would actually deck this person if he was in front of him. The first would be priceless; no sane person would give that up and an equal number of people would have it unguarded. Two he's at least heard of the person, but Three and Four are so vague they could match hundreds of people in theory. Five could be simple if any fey behave like normal stags; they'd drop their antlers once a year anyway. Of course, spring is when they're growing them back, so it's unlikely they'd still have them around. Which means the last three were the most doable. The very last he could probably do in about fifteen minutes if he could phrase a request for it well enough. Ponies were always very generous, even though his anatomy often freaks them out a little.
    "All right, if I completed this for you, would I just speak to you again or would you want me to do something specific with these objects?" he asks calmly.
    Fourth Tower Compound

"No need to bring them anywhere. Arbil will know when the task is completed and then give us reward for all hard work!" The gnoll explains eagerly.

[Southside Apartment]

The demon returns, this time in the form of a crow. It lands on the roof once again and reaches out into the mental world. It is us again. We have what you desire. We wish to ask for specifics however, we wish to learn more of what sort of servants you require to free your master as we have many.

That's the Spirit!

"I-I've been possessed..." Not a terribly pleasant experience. "Could there be more of them in thic city?" Since that didn't sound good. Not good at all. "And uh, I'm Obriane by the way, you're..." Ack, she couldn't remember buddy's master's name! In either case, she extends her hand to shake, unless of course it's all bloody and messy from the kill.

[Below Malechenar]

"Ah, the masters would probably be very interested in such an item if you still have it in your possession." The guard replies.

[Malechenar]

"Really? That would be an useful ability for our project. If one could harvest the spirits she attract we wouldn't have to have to find them all by ourselves." Ryhe comments before the elevator suddenly comes to a stop and the doors opens. As the masked lord said the air is thin up here and rather hard to breath. They must be near the very top of the castle now. Here bathing in the pale light coming from an enormous stained glass window is a huge telescope aimed upwards the skies.

Against each wall are a myriad of bookcases filled with tomes and parchments, each case sealed behind a barrier of ether energy intended to protect the books from various misfortunes. A number of black wisps are patrolling the library, constantly going back and fourth. "Ah, here we are. Let's find us that book shall we?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-04-26 at 07:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No, Jim, that's not... I misspoke," The tall man says, cringing a little. Gods, why does he have to be so awful at conversing? It would seem he was more referring to what Jim said about Sticks not having a very high opinion of himself. As for being a bad person... he can't even begin to imagine such a discussion with Jim. With anyone.

Sticks turns his head down, still blushing furiously, and begins to retreat toward his home in the basement. "I don't wish to speak of this any further, Jim. Just - just finish the badger, please." He's got to be alone, in the dark for a while. Just long enough to calm himself down.
    The Toy Tinker

Jim reaches out to grab Sticks by the shoulder. He gives him a very sad look. "Sticks, I'm always here for you. Please, please don't forget that." he says before releasing the man and going back to the desk.

Fourth Tower Compound

"No need to bring them anywhere. Arbil will know when the task is completed and then give us reward for all hard work!" The gnoll explains eagerly.
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty exhales. "Fine. I'll speak with you when it's done, if that's your price." And unless the gnoll's spirit has more to say, Arty will be 'hanging up' so he can get on with this nonsense. He hopes it doesn't; he couldn't take much more of this sort of news.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #76

Wine & Spirits

Probably. I know how it feels too, trust me.
    I'm Invidia, by the way. Pleased to meet you.

And hands are shook!
    Invidia sheathes her sword, and smiles slightly, amicably.
    She then looks down at the body.
    Tell me, do you happen to have an idea what to do with this poor soul's body?

Below Malenchar

Macbeth shakes her head.
    I'm afraid not.
    She replies with a rather unhappy tone.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Nervously, Elaine leads Skye to her cramped place, right on the edge of some of the very nasty parts of Westside, but not all the way there. Once they're there, Elaine nervously asks, "So...What did you mean when you said I'd never have to give blood again?"
    "I mean what I say. We don't ask it as payment, and you should have a way to get by without it." Skye looks around the room disdainfully. People actually live like this?
    "Gather belongings that you want to see again soon. I'll help with carrying them."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #78

Fourth Tower Compound

"Wait!" The gnoll yells. "You wanted math formula yes? Since you promised to do mission I can give you it. Just need to possess your hand and write it on paper or somewhere."

Wine & Spirits

As Obriane let's go of Invidia's hand she looks speechless for a moment. The body? Oh, right. They... needed to do something with it. "Uhh..." She starts while staring at the bloody mess they left behind. "I'm not an expert on disposing bodies... think I saw a graveyard around here?" But that would mean they would have to carry it, ew!

Below Malenchar

"I see, well the masters probably would be interested in seeing you anyway." The guard stands aside and gestures to the others to open the gate. "Just continue down the street and towards the brown manor to your left. Lady Celestel will see you there."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "I mean what I say. We don't ask it as payment, and you should have a way to get by without it." Skye looks around the room disdainfully. People actually live like this?
    "Gather belongings that you want to see again soon. I'll help with carrying them."
    [Westside Streets]

Elaine nods, and disappears into her bedroom. A few moments later, she reappears wearing a backpack and says to Skye, "Alright, this is everything."

20. - Top - End - #80

[Westside Apartments]

"Excellent!" Skye dashes out the door, down the hall and stairs, out of the apartment building as quick as she can. When Elaine is outside with her, she turns back and examines the building, how tall it rises, what it is made of.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Apartments]

Elaine follows Skye outside, watching her look at the apartment and asks her, "What's up?"

The building, meanwhile, is an old, twelve-story brownstone. It looks like parts of it are pretty run-down, but the very top floor is in pretty good repair.

22. - Top - End - #82

[Westside Streets]

"Seeing how well this place will burn." Not terribly well, that is.
    Skye holds out one hand, and a ball of dark flames coalesces in her open palm, growing larger and larger.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Streets]

When she sees the ball of fire, Elaine shakes her head nervously and says, with increasing panic in her voice, "Wait, you're not going to burn it down, are you? Where am I going to live? Where are the people who aren't my landlord going to live?"

24. - Top - End - #84

[Westside Streets]

Skye turns to Elaine with a look that says 'what's wrong with you?', then shrugs and tosses the ball of fire up in the air, where it fizzles away to nothing.
    "It burns up, silly thing. And hadn't you got yet that you aren't coming back? Come on. There's a long way to go, and a lot to do." She tries to take Elaine's hand and lead her off down the street.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Westside Streets

Elaine is half-dragged along by Skye and says, panic now obvious in her voice, "Wait! Where are you taking me? What's going on?"

26. - Top - End - #86

[Westside Streets]

"Out of the city. You can't live always indoors like this. We go into the jungle, to a place called Ignitis. I will teach you how to really live."
    She walks along with the reluctant Elaine, heading eventually towards the southwest gate out of the city.
    "Don't be afraid, now. You might get burned."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Streets >> Southwest Gate]

Elaine reluctantly follows Skye to the gates before saying, "And...And I'll never have to be afraid, afraid for my life, of pissing off the wrong person again?"

28. - Top - End - #88

[Westside Gate]

Skye nods, whirling about to try to embrace Elaine.
    "That is it. It will be a hard way to pass, but I will make you strong and bright. You will master your fear."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartment]

A rather sleepy sounding reply comes in a few moments later to the crow, Eh? What kind? Just lure or trick mortals into our clutches. Well can remake them into the type of servant we need.

Southwest Gate

Elaine nods, and says, "Alright. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I'll come with you."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Park]

Batu, a wiry hobgoblin about 155 centimeters tall, with yellowish green skin and short, untidy brown hair, is sitting between two trees in the park, near his tent, and waving his hands in the air, muttering. The air around him shimmers dimly.

My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.