New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

[Northside - Wizard Community College]

Dwayne jerks the trigger as he's hit by the magic missile, his body shaking enough from the impact to send his shot wide. And then the drowess is at the tower entrance and the sorceress is at the window. He abandons his rifle, grabbing his PDW and rolling off the table to avoid any potential counterattack and to fire on anyone coming in. Ashley will be on her own for a minute, as it will take the other girl that long to get up the flight of stairs to the sniper's floor and enter the room.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

Dwayne jerks the trigger as he's hit by the magic missile, his body shaking enough from the impact to send his shot wide. And then the drowess is at the tower entrance and the sorceress is at the window. He abandons his rifle, grabbing his PDW and rolling off the table to avoid any potential counterattack and to fire on anyone coming in. Ashley will be on her own for a minute, as it will take the other girl that long to get up the flight of stairs to the sniper's floor and enter the room.
    The drowess darts up the stairs to the slaughterer, summoning a Kevlar-level shield as she does so around herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Fourth Tower Compound

"Wait!" The gnoll yells. "You wanted math formula yes? Since you promised to do mission I can give you it. Just need to possess your hand and write it on paper or somewhere."

Wine & Spirits

As Obriane let's go of Invidia's hand she looks speechless for a moment. The body? Oh, right. They... needed to do something with it. "Uhh..." She starts while staring at the bloody mess they left behind. "I'm not an expert on disposing bodies... think I saw a graveyard around here?" But that would mean they would have to carry it, ew!

Below Malenchar

"I see, well the masters probably would be interested in seeing you anyway." The guard stands aside and gestures to the others to open the gate. "Just continue down the street and towards the brown manor to your left. Lady Celestel will see you there."
    Thank you.
    Macbeth continues down the street and towards the brown manor to her left.

Spirits

Invidia picks up the body, slinging the corpse over her shoulder and holding the head in her other hand.
    Lead the way
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Jim reaches out to grab Sticks by the shoulder. He gives him a very sad look. "Sticks, I'm always here for you. Please, please don't forget that." he says before releasing the man and going back to the desk.
    "There isn't any need to be concerned, Jim," Sticks says, meeting his gaze, the tone of his voice speaking louder than his words. "The badger, please." He spreads his hand on the doorframe, gripping it tightly, before he limps audibly down the stairs to the cool darkness of his cellar laboratory.

[Malechenar]

"Really? That would be an useful ability for our project. If one could harvest the spirits she attract we wouldn't have to have to find them all by ourselves." Ryhe comments before the elevator suddenly comes to a stop and the doors opens. As the masked lord said the air is thin up here and rather hard to breath. They must be near the very top of the castle now. Here bathing in the pale light coming from an enormous stained glass window is a huge telescope aimed upwards the skies.

Against each wall are a myriad of bookcases filled with tomes and parchments, each case sealed behind a barrier of ether energy intended to protect the books from various misfortunes. A number of black wisps are patrolling the library, constantly going back and fourth. "Ah, here we are. Let's find us that book shall we?"
    "Such were my thoughts," Sticks agrees. Among other things. He glances about in awe of Ryhe's library. As has been said, for a man without eyes... This is quite excessive. The tall man takes a few careful steps out into the dizzying room. "I believe... I believe I can extract the cause of her condition, given more details..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[Westside Park]

"Maybe. Horses have been domesticated for long enough that now most people don't know why they were originally chosen, rather than, I don't know, zebras or rhinoceroses or woolly mammoths." In reality, there's a certain set of genes which makes animals amenable to domestication; horses have them, zebras don't. They can be tamed, and one Victorian nobleman I recall had two trained to pull his carriage, but every new generation had to be tamed in the same way as the first, whereas horses became domesticated quickly and didn't need so much training to get them ready to work. It was in a National Geographic last year, or maybe the year before.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Southside Apartment]

A rather sleepy sounding reply comes in a few moments later to the crow, Eh? What kind? Just lure or trick mortals into our clutches. Well can remake them into the type of servant we need.
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty flinches as the spirit seemingly right in front of him yells in his face. "I think I have an idea for that."
    He squeezes the spiritualist's hand for a moment to let her know he's talking to her. "Could you perhaps call your man in here again? I need something dictated." he asks her. He'd prefer not having his limbs possessed. And I don't think she was in a complete trance the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Thank you.
    Macbeth continues down the street and towards the brown manor to her left.

Spirits

Invidia picks up the body, slinging the corpse over her shoulder and holding the head in her other hand.
    Lead the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Such were my thoughts," Sticks agrees. Among other things. He glances about in awe of Ryhe's library. As has been said, for a man without eyes... This is quite excessive. The tall man takes a few careful steps out into the dizzying room. "I believe... I believe I can extract the cause of her condition, given more details..."
    [Southside Apartment]

Sleepy? Demons don't need sleep comrade!

I see. The demon pauses. They shall arrive shortly then along with some assistance then.

Outside the apartment there are after a few minutes a sudden flash of hellish light and a strange twisted creature appears. It stands on four short legs that somehow manages to hold up it's otherwise massively bloated body. The dominating feature of the creature is it's mouth however which covers much of it's frame. Probably at the cost of othjer features as it completely lacks eyes, a nose, teeth's or any form of ears. It's grey skin looks extremely dry and shriveled and despite it's bloated proportions you can easily see it's skeletal form underneath the skin.

But perhaps even more bizarrely after another moment a group of poor naked individuals somehow emerges from it's mouth as if they were pushed out of it. Soon growing into a group that simply couldn't fit inside the creature. Some of the group, not looking all too healthy, even debilitated, suddenly attempts to run away. But before they can come anywhere a second being appears. This one distinctively artificial in appearance, made completely in a shining silver-like metal. It's vaguely human in appearance but extremely thin and delicate-looking with an hook-like head that should be far too large for it's weak looking body to carry. It has very sharp-looking claws however which it with a mere gesture with causes all the captives to freeze up.

"We have arrived."

Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh? What's going on in there? You having fun?" Zareen asks but doesn't wait for him to reply. "HEY KIPP COME OVER HERE! ARTY NEEDS YOUR HELP!" Speaking of loud...

[Graveyards and Spirits]

Obriane blinks as she see Invidia simply lifting up the mess of a corpse she left behind. She was going to get blood all over her clothes! If that even was blood and not some corrupted spirit essence, ew! "Uh, alright. I think it's this way..."

About 20 minutes later it starts to become painfully obvious Obriane has no idea where she's going and it takes nearly twice that time until they finally can see the graveyard which so happens to be in Westside. "There it is!" She exclaims, pointing at the gated off graveyard. It's as bleak and dark as you'd expect to find in a city run by vampires. There are two gargoyles sitting upon pillars on each side of the entrance, staring at them as they approach.
    "Whooo goooes there?" The gargoyle hisses.

[Below Malechenar]

If Macbeth follows the instructions she will arrive at the gate of an large grey manor with an even larger garden surrounding it. A doorman opens the gate for her and bows before her. "Welcome to Sylesnya Manor. May I take your coat?" It's actually warm outside, not that I'm sure it matters to a vampire.

[Malechenar]

"Of course, the section you're interested in should be this way." Ryhe glides into the room and Sticks can see how a section of the field surrounding the bookcases disappears. "So is this a curse or a blessing? Fey are know to use both." He asks while running his fingers against the spines of the books. The black wisps avoiding the two as they stand there, moving to other parts of the enormous library.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-04-29 at 04:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Hope This Won't Be A Grave MistakeInvidia Val'Sarghess. This is Mr. Headless. He's not very bright.
    She replies, pointing to the dead guy.
    What? Did you expect a drow to not have a dark sense of humor?

Mind your Manors

Macbeth shakes her head.
    No, that won't be necessary. Thank you though.
    Macbeth replies, smiling
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartment]

A fat, toad-like man who is decidedly not our slinky-dressed demoness runs out, wearing a wife-beater top and jeans. He is carrying a shot-gun and shouts, "Hey! Demon! Heads up!" as he fires a load of standard buckshot at the demonic slave carrier.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Misaka catches it!
    She nods.
    Alrighty then! I'll do my best.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Eliseo plops back down on the couch and sets about setting up the game. Misaka is free to chose her own seet. There's the couch Eliseo is on, a couple armchairs, and a loveseat.

"You ever played games like this before?" Eliseo asks without looking up from the TV. "It's crazy how many people barely know what they are."

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Eliseo plops back down on the couch and sets about setting up the game. Misaka is free to chose her own seet. There's the couch Eliseo is on, a couple armchairs, and a loveseat.

"You ever played games like this before?" Eliseo asks without looking up from the TV. "It's crazy how many people barely know what they are."
    Not recently. Back home I didn't really have time and was busy with school, and I'm not exactly rich. I'm a bit rusty, obviously.
    Misawa replies, sitting next to Eliseo.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "There isn't any need to be concerned, Jim," Sticks says, meeting his gaze, the tone of his voice speaking louder than his words. "The badger, please." He spreads his hand on the doorframe, gripping it tightly, before he limps audibly down the stairs to the cool darkness of his cellar laboratory.
    The Toy Tinker

"The more you say it, the more hollow it sounds." whispers Jim quietly.
    The finished toy will be sitting on the counter after Jim closes up shop for the night, nearly immaculate, or at least as close to perfect as you'd expect from someone with his experience. Next to it is an un-ordered but nonetheless completed goat next to it, of similar quality.

Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh? What's going on in there? You having fun?" Zareen asks but doesn't wait for him to reply. "HEY KIPP COME OVER HERE! ARTY NEEDS YOUR HELP!" Speaking of loud...
    Fourth Tower compound

Arty smiles for the first time in the past few minutes. "Almost done. Just need to write some things down."
    Then, back to Mr. Fang, "You can start in just a bit. I'm fetching someone to write this down."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-04-30 at 11:29 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    [Westside Park]

"Maybe. Horses have been domesticated for long enough that now most people don't know why they were originally chosen, rather than, I don't know, zebras or rhinoceroses or woolly mammoths." In reality, there's a certain set of genes which makes animals amenable to domestication; horses have them, zebras don't. They can be tamed, and one Victorian nobleman I recall had two trained to pull his carriage, but every new generation had to be tamed in the same way as the first, whereas horses became domesticated quickly and didn't need so much training to get them ready to work. It was in a National Geographic last year, or maybe the year before.
    "My... former tribe rides boars" Batu says. "I'm told other hobgoblins ride different beasts depending on where they live. Maybe humans are just attuned to horses the way we are to all beasts."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Not recently. Back home I didn't really have time and was busy with school, and I'm not exactly rich. I'm a bit rusty, obviously.
    Misawa replies, sitting next to Eliseo.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"So we'll probably die a lot." Eliseo says flatly. Oh well. "Just follow me and cover my back, okay. There's always less zombies behind you, so I'll take care of most of them." He explains as he starts the new game.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"So we'll probably die a lot." Eliseo says flatly. Oh well. "Just follow me and cover my back, okay. There's always less zombies behind you, so I'll take care of most of them." He explains as he starts the new game.
    Alright, sounds good.
    Misaka replies, ready to play.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Hope This Won't Be A Grave Mistake[CODE]

Invidia Val'Sarghess. This is Mr. Headless. He's not very bright.
    She replies, pointing to the dead guy.
    What? Did you expect a drow to not have a dark sense of humor?

Mind your Manors

Macbeth shakes her head.
    No, that won't be necessary. Thank you though.
    Macbeth replies, smiling
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Southside Apartment]

A fat, toad-like man who is decidedly not our slinky-dressed demoness runs out, wearing a wife-beater top and jeans. He is carrying a shot-gun and shouts, "Hey! Demon! Heads up!" as he fires a load of standard buckshot at the demonic slave carrier.
    Fourth Tower compound

Arty smiles for the first time in the past few minutes. "Almost done. Just need to write some things down."
    Then, back to Mr. Fang, "You can start in just a bit. I'm fetching someone to write this down."
    Hope This Won't Be A Grave Mistake

Obriane isn't sure if she should really give this stone creature her name, it seemed rather unwise. Some spirits even gained power over you if you gave them your name, at least if it meant something for you. "Ehh..." And then she falls silent as the gargoyle scratches it's chin while the other one is glowering at Invidia. "Soo you wantsss to bury a body, yess? The master accepts that on the condition you ssimply leave it out here." It points at the ground in front of the gate. "We take care of the rest."

Mind your Manors

"As you wish miss. Lady Celestel is currently holding a tea party, you wish to join or should I just escort you directly to the waiting room?" The servant asks as he closes the gate behind Macbeth.

Fourth Tower compound

"Yes, you should always write things down, like names." Zareen advice's. But before Kipp comes running Bigfang has a few things to say. "Noo, you can't have me tell you, it is very complicated yes. You would not understand all number of symbols. Not at all." The dead gnoll insists.

[Southside Apartment]

Perhaps alerting the alien creature to your presence before you attack it might not be the best idea. Not that it would have helped much considering the beings artificial reaction time and speed. Despite it's clumsy appearance the creature raises it's arm while the slugs projectiles towards and shield forms around it, deflecting them. The shield then gathers into a ball of pure light and shots back at the man. If it hits him his body will be disintegrated into dust unless he has some sort of protection against it. A quick and painless death considering the shield formed and shot back in the manner of a second, not giving him much time to react.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartments]

The man is instantly killed, and, moments later, Adele appears, wearing a slightly annoyed smirk as she says, "Mmhmm. A thoroughly unpleasant landlord. Perhaps I shall take over this place, now...Still, there is some value in subtlety. Anyways. Please, help me get these inside. I can take it from there."

16. - Top - End - #136

[Southside Apartments]

The golem turns to Adele, it's face unable to form any expression just as it's monotone voice. "I'm going to observe the procedure." It informs her as the decimated people are forced to march towards the apartment. "Will they suffer? They have suffered for a long time." It's hard to guess wherever it thinks this is a positive or negative.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-05-01 at 02:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartment]

Adele shrugs and says, "Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell once they've been reborn," as she leads the slaves up to her apartment.

((TS, Earl, if you guys want to get involved, do it here.))

18. - Top - End - #138

[Southside Apartment]

"Reborn." The golem repeats. "Will they be slaves? Or will they still have free will?" It asks her, following closely, above the raven still watches the proceedings, but as Adele, the golem and their victims goes inside it takes flight, the gate demon who took them here disappearing in the same hellish flash of light.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Southside Apartment

A blonde-haired fourteen-year-old with blue eyes leaves the apartment. She's wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans. Accompanying her is a pale-skinned brown-eyed fifteen-year-old half-elf with a shaved head wearing a simple green dress. They'll look through the slaves, looking for the tastiest and the youngest, especially girls. Babette is also looking for any true innocents, those who have not only done no evil and also never thought any evil.

Any they choose with have a modicum of free will- they'll have to do what Babette asks, but they can do it however they want, and even argue against it if they disagree enough.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

The drowess darts up the stairs to the slaughterer, summoning a Kevlar-level shield as she does so around herself.
    Ashley lands in the windowsill. Normally, she'd pick a stealthier approach than this, but something's come over her. Probably seeing students of magic hurt. Once she gets in and sees Dwayne with the firearm, she conjures freezing magic in her hand, and tries to hit the weapon with frost to render it unusable.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartments]

Elereshur nods and says, "You can stay, if you so desire. As for free will, they will retain most of it. There is a hierarchy, however, and they'll know their place in it. Anyways..." She inspects the slaves alongside Babette, though not caring about physical health, just seeing what was offered.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Halfling in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

"The more you say it, the more hollow it sounds." whispers Jim quietly.
    The finished toy will be sitting on the counter after Jim closes up shop for the night, nearly immaculate, or at least as close to perfect as you'd expect from someone with his experience. Next to it is an un-ordered but nonetheless completed goat next to it, of similar quality.
    Sticks, being the paranoid fellow that he is, comes up out of his lair only to ensure everything's been locked. Jim was always a good lad about closing up, and he was beginning to think he wouldn't have to make checks like this any more. He moves over to the counter, so much tidier with mister Jim working there, and finds not one, but two finished playthings. There was Susie's badger, and then... a goat. A gift? For Sticks? Or merely meant to make an example of Jim's skill?

In either case, he takes the stuffed animal, deciding then and there that it would be his. It was... nice. A rather kind gesture. Perhaps... perhaps he could stand to talk with someone. Oh gods, could these secrets be a burden. The fact that Jim seemed a good candidate... well it was only logical.

Smiling, he tucks the goat beneath his arm, stroking it's head with a gentle murmur of cotton and steel. He ascends the shop's stairs, this time. Maybe with it he'd sleep. Perhaps, for once, he would not dream.

[Malechenar]

"Of course, the section you're interested in should be this way." Ryhe glides into the room and Sticks can see how a section of the field surrounding the bookcases disappears. "So is this a curse or a blessing? Fey are know to use both." He asks while running his fingers against the spines of the books. The black wisps avoiding the two as they stand there, moving to other parts of the enormous library.
    The tall man watches the wisps carefully, following his client as closely as one's personal space would allow. He stops, fidgeting in place, his hands and feet searching for something to do when there is little to do but wait. "She seems to think of it as a curse, my lord. Though she has used it for good in the past, so I'm told. Exorcisms, you know, that lot." He waves his hand dismissively.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley lands in the windowsill. Normally, she'd pick a stealthier approach than this, but something's come over her. Probably seeing students of magic hurt. Once she gets in and sees Dwayne with the firearm, she conjures freezing magic in her hand, and tries to hit the weapon with frost to render it unusable.

The effect of freezing magic on a polymer, fully automatic weapon... An interesting question, which I did my best to answer. Cold has two primary ways to negatively effect the operation of a blow back firearm. If condensation builds up on the guide rods, and then freezes, the gun will jam. But that is only likely to happen if the temperature goes from cold, to warm, back to freezing temperatures again. The second way is if the gun oil freezes, something that is likely to happen as the temperature falls below 0 (I use the Fahrenheit scale, as I'm more familiar with it). Now, the P90 is a well-designed weapon; it only needs a few drops of oil on its moving parts group. But an amateur such as this kid--oh, did I not mention Dwayne's age? Ashley will see he's not even 18 years old, younger than the students he was shooting--may have added more oil than necessary in a zealous attempt to make sure everything works. In subzero operations, it is actually better to run your weapons without gun oil than to use something which could freeze and cause malfunctions. Mr. Gates is unlikely to know that, however, much less anticipate subzero operations. So, having opened fire on Ashley once she came into his sights, the shooter may fire over 20 rounds of SS190 FN 5.7Χ28mm armor piercing rounds before her frost magic manages to freeze enough of the oil to cause a FTF jam. Of course, there is another aspect to cold magic and that is the human factor. Depending on the exact temperature of the spell and how quickly it works, Dwayne's hands are more likely to freeze before the weapon does. At the very least, the cold is causing him to shake and shiver vigorously, throwing off his aim and sending those 20 rounds every which way with very little accuracy.

The drowess makes it up the stairs and finds the correct door. It's the one with loud, automatic gunfire behind it.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-05-02 at 11:16 AM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Now Arty is getting a bit annoyed. He'd prefer to thing Bigfang really only wants what he says, but his instructor's words stand, and he has no idea if the spirit is bound to its agreements.
    "Besides medicine, my secondary studies included foreign cultures and writing systems. I'm quite sure that I will manage enough. Anything excepting can be written out in words instead of symbols if necessary. I don't need to understand everything to deliver it. Heck, I don't think Chadwick would understand any of it anyway.

Just what does the formula prove anyway?"

The Toy Tinker

Well, if he wishes to say anything Sticks will have the chance as the next day Jim will enter the store as he always does, about sixteen minutes early so he can leisurely set up shop before getting straight to work on the very exact minute of his proper shift. He'll cheerily greet Sticks when he makes an appearance as always, making no mention of the previous day.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #145

Magic>Guns

The drowess did!
    She attempts to burst in and hurl a cloud if freezing daggersthe man, before taking cover behind a wall and flipping through her Spellbook.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #146

FF&FF

There's plenty of staff around, but most outside the buildings are guards with dart guns and nets. They probably won't know anything as they seem to just be hired grunts. It's even possible that most don't know of the pet shop's other, shadier side of business.

Invidia is pulled along by Magtok, looking rather irritated and kind of worried.
    She does her best to nod
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-05-02 at 06:24 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #147

[Southside Apartments]

That depends, do they like crab? Since a lot of the prisoners (not slaves) are actually large crab-like beings that aren't very humanoid at all, though one of the crabs have an actual beard. Not sure how that works. Anyway, if they're looking for something more humanoid there are a few merpersons, they have long tails instead of legs however and long fins instead of hair and completely covered in blue-green scales. Then there is a male harpy, an older human woman and what appears to be an small furry creature of some sort? It's probably not edible.

"Who are they?" The demon gestures in the direction of the newcomers.

[Malechenar]

I'm sure we can handwave some of the questions as we both know all the details OOC.

As Sticks explains the condition Ryhe suddenly chuckles. "You're in luck Mister Sticks, we were looking at the wrong place entirely." He moves away from the fey section and the forcefield reappears. Instead, assuming Sticks follows, he comes to another section which is labeled "worlds" where he takes out an enormous tome. "This was given to me by the fourth tower who had gotten it in a deal with an god of knowledge. It contains an enormous amount of information of a world they like to call "Kouy", an closed off world which so happens to have the condition you describe." He flips through the book before handing over it to Sticks. "Here, this section might be describing what you're looking for..."

28. - Top - End - #148

Graveyard

Invidia does so, leaving, waiting for Oribane to follow her.
    Say, would you like to get a drink or something?
    She offers.
    Invidia is kinda jaded.

Market (Closed Scene)

Sakura walks in the market, looking around warily... but possibly not seeing anyone who could bump into her
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Southside Apartment

"I am Babette, and this is Kessandra. We serve Elereshur." Both girls are dead, and it's the younger one who speaks. They'll pull out the youngest female merperson, unless she's over the equivalent of twenty. If there isn't a merperson under twenty, they won't select any of the prisoners and instead help Elereshur get them into the apartment.

Are any of them innocent of evil thought and evil deed? It's the former that's the hardest to find, lots of people fantasize about things that are morally questionable.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside Apartment]

After examining the slaves, Elereshur tilts her head and says, "Interesting...They seem to be host to a secondary consciousness...Hmm..." She then turns, trying to grab the golem by the throat, saying, very calmly, "Do you take me for an idiot? Did you really think for one second that you could fool me?"

[Malchenar Keep-Gates]

Kanya approaches the gates of the keep, and, as she does, the temperature drops several degrees. However, she has gained some better control of her power, and, while it's still uncomfortable for most people, it's not lethal by any stretch of the imagination.