New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Graveyard No Longer

"Never even heard of that place, but if it's safer than trog's then sure." She pauses, suddenly remembering something. "But it's... not associated with the Lotus district right? Not that I have anything against it, I'm uh, just curious."
    Nope, it's an independent business. If I remember correctly, it has a strict nonviolence policy.
    Invidia replies
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

[Below Malchenar]

Kanya nods nervously and says with a slightly shaky voice, "Um...I'm fine with that...I don't want to hurt anyone. But...I don't think anyone can touch me..."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    While the Tinker opens quite late in the morning - ah, the joys of having one's own business - Sticks remains to be seen long after the store has already opened. Certainly some mornings he's emerged from his lab rather late, scorched and wide-eyed and grinning madly. As many as ten or fifteen minutes after the store's opening! Already inappropriate that he hadn't cleaned up, or even changed his clothes by all accounts, the tall man will sidle up behind the counter and simply sit there at length, staring blankly into space.

Today he can't even muster up the effort to do that. Hm. One must wonder where he could be.
    The Toy Tinker

Jim frowns at the prolonged absence of his boss, but for a short while doesn't take it as anything serious. After two hours, though, things are most certainly not normal. Jim walks up and creeps towards the door in the back (Is Sticks' familiar on his usual perch?). He hesitantly opens the door and knocks on the inside wall as usual.
    "Sticks? It's not like you to stay away from the store. Are you okay?" he calls.

Fourth Tower Compound

"You can encourage whatever. Bigfang just did what was told of him, nothing else. So you want it or not?" The gnoll ghost asks. "Otherwise you sell it or something maybe? It is worth lot to right persons."
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty pales just a little bit. This is going too fast. This isn't just Chadwick being absent-minded, this is dangerous. And it seems his only way of getting the formula written down is to say it aloud to two people whose allegiance he's quite unsure of.
    "I'd like to consult Chadwick about this before this thing is brought into the world and can become known. Could I get it from you if I called you again in a few days?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Westside Greenhouse]

Yeah, high as a kite.

When she comes down, she's slightly disappointed at the lack of real saplings, but then very excited when the other treatment. After the demonstration, she gushes, "Ohmigosh, that's sooo cool. Thank you so much, Shayan...Mind if I stay here for a while until I get used to my new self?"
    Westside Greenhouse

"Yes, now, there's a muscle in your wrist that I'd like you to flex. It's the one that runs between your bones, on the inside of your wrist here." She taps the exact spot on the bark overlaying Elaine's arm and traces it up and down, "Flex it in a way that feels natural, and you should see what I've given you." If Elaine does so, she'll see the bark split and the tip of a vine emerge from the base of her palm. The muscly plant fiber stretches out, uncoiling from around the bones where it's taken root and moving as flexibly and quickly as she can will it to.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Westside Greenhouse

"Yes, now, there's a muscle in your wrist that I'd like you to flex. It's the one that runs between your bones, on the inside of your wrist here." She taps the exact spot on the bark overlaying Elaine's arm and traces it up and down, "Flex it in a way that feels natural, and you should see what I've given you." If Elaine does so, she'll see the bark split and the tip of a vine emerge from the base of her palm. The muscly plant fiber stretches out, uncoiling from around the bones where it's taken root and moving as flexibly and quickly as she can will it to.
    Westside Greenhouse

Elaine grins and laughs as she manipulates the vine, testing it's limits, both in length, speed, and general silliness...Which mostly consists of trying to crack it like a whip. This should go by without anything important being broken, and once Elaine knows the full extent of her vines, she nods and says, "Again, thank you, Shayan. Seriously. I'm...Not a nobody anymore. I can finally stand up for myself."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sorry.
    Misaka simply replies sincerely, and indeed does happen to adjust to that!
    They probably don't die nearly as often as misaka slowly but surely

Gets the hang of it.
    [Suncrest Manor]

They do better, but they don't get any further than Eliseo usually gets on his own. Of course, it's easier single player. In any case, several deaths later, Eliseo tosses the controller on the couch beside him and leans back. "I'm getting tired of this. Wanna do something else?" Not that he has any idea what that is. What does he have to do with someone in this house anyway?

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

They do better, but they don't get any further than Eliseo usually gets on his own. Of course, it's easier single player. In any case, several deaths later, Eliseo tosses the controller on the couch beside him and leans back. "I'm getting tired of this. Wanna do something else?" Not that he has any idea what that is. What does he have to do with someone in this house anyway?
    The now slightlybored girl nods.
    Sure! Hmm... maybe play a bit of soccer or something?
    Misaka suggests.
    As she puts the controller down, Eliseo may notice a small spark of electricity hit that exposed metal bit you plug into the charger.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #188

Post Re: Riverside 15

[The Heist]

Oh there will be blood alright.

"First we need a contract, but thankfully I can arrange that. I just need an deal and a signature from you my good man so you better start offering before I lose patience." It sounds like the imp is enjoying this a great deal.
    "Alright, okay, uhh.." A frantic patting down of his pockets turns up a scrap of paper and a slightly chewed pen, which a quick scribble confirms still writes. The Burglar glances back up, goggles concealing the worst of the look he's giving his new 'friend'. "Um, here. 'I promise to secure for you, er, one job, which would, uh, include.. which would utilize prior experience?' That's a start, right."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Great powers. Sticks eyes linger upon that part of the passage for a brief moment longer than necessary. When he speaks, he still doesn't quite look up at Ryhe, too drowned in thought and dusty ink. "I'd say it's rather well confirmed. She possesses a peculiar physiology, despite claiming to be born from human stock. At least now I know precisely why the spirits of this realm are so... captivated." The tall man finally looks at Ryhe's faceplate. "A plan? Why... I'm not sure. Do you think we could use the poor girl?"

[The Toy Tinker]

The little wall post from which Bolts often watches is occupied, but the bird appears to be dormant. There is no light in his eyes, and he's hunched over slightly, claws wrapped harshly around it's perch.

The lights downstairs are off, but that's quite normal. The knock and call go unanswered, at least at first. Just as Jim's about to turn away, he may well hear a voice call faintly, "Jim?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #190

Northside

Hey look, a tower teleported in and collapsed!
    Judging from the fact the debris is white and spongey, also on fire and turning brown, melting onto the buildings and roads it fell on (only 2 small hot dog stands and a deadens road that no one knew existed before), it was obviously not stone or space age materials or bricks or anything else.
    Just marshmallows
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Both of those things are not good signs. Jim flips the lights on (low if possible; he remembers Sticks' sensitivity) and begins a clopping descent down the stairs.
    "Sticks? Sticks, what's wrong?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

Westside Greenhouse

Elaine grins and laughs as she manipulates the vine, testing it's limits, both in length, speed, and general silliness...Which mostly consists of trying to crack it like a whip. This should go by without anything important being broken, and once Elaine knows the full extent of her vines, she nods and says, "Again, thank you, Shayan. Seriously. I'm...Not a nobody anymore. I can finally stand up for myself."
    Westside Greenhouse

The vines can extend to about three times the length of her arm, though with them fully extended her arm only has the strength it did before they were imbued into her, making it hard to lift things at full extension. It seems to be a tradeoff of reach and lifting power.

"The vine is covered in a slightly adhesive substance to make gripping easier. It was one of my better ideas, as I find my own vines have trouble gripping without applying excessive force. Now, go forth and be someone, or whatever you like. Just don't get yourself killed and waste all this effort I put into you."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Westside Greenhouse

Elaine nods and says, "Um...I think I might a new place to stay...Any ideas?"

Southside Apartments

Elereshur nods and says, "Good. I would rather not risk being raided by HALO or WATCH. I'm sure you understand. I look forwards to the next delivery."

14. - Top - End - #194

Nope, it's an independent business. If I remember correctly, it has a strict nonviolence policy.
    Invidia replies
    [Below Malchenar]

Kanya nods nervously and says with a slightly shaky voice, "Um...I'm fine with that...I don't want to hurt anyone. But...I don't think anyone can touch me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty pales just a little bit. This is going too fast. This isn't just Chadwick being absent-minded, this is dangerous. And it seems his only way of getting the formula written down is to say it aloud to two people whose allegiance he's quite unsure of.
    "I'd like to consult Chadwick about this before this thing is brought into the world and can become known. Could I get it from you if I called you again in a few days?"
    [Suncrest Manor]

Misaka suggests.
    As she puts the controller down, Eliseo may notice a small spark of electricity hit that exposed metal bit you plug into the charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Alright, okay, uhh.." A frantic patting down of his pockets turns up a scrap of paper and a slightly chewed pen, which a quick scribble confirms still writes. The Burglar glances back up, goggles concealing the worst of the look he's giving his new 'friend'. "Um, here. 'I promise to secure for you, er, one job, which would, uh, include.. which would utilize prior experience?' That's a start, right."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malechenar]

Great powers. Sticks eyes linger upon that part of the passage for a brief moment longer than necessary. When he speaks, he still doesn't quite look up at Ryhe, too drowned in thought and dusty ink. "I'd say it's rather well confirmed. She possesses a peculiar physiology, despite claiming to be born from human stock. At least now I know precisely why the spirits of this realm are so... captivated." The tall man finally looks at Ryhe's faceplate. "A plan? Why... I'm not sure. Do you think we could use the poor girl?"
    Graveyard no More

"Oh, that sounds nice. I'll guess we could go there then." So many people had been inviting her to drinks lately. Maybe she just had that impression on people.

[Malechenar]

"Not directly of course and not without compensation, but spirits are an valuable resource if they could be captured and you're sort of an expert on that are you not? The fourth tower would pay you a great deal if you could sell them spirits to use." Ryhe suggests, helping him to hold the great tome.

Fourth Tower Compound

"Or he could ask for favors and resurrect Bigfang maybe? Death is awfully boring." The gnoll states. "You only become aware when someone contacts you!"

[The Heist]

"A well paid job!" The imp insists. "Virgins blood and not the loser blood either, the chaste kind!" This demon had prospects!

((I'll post for the rest of the locations tomorrow...))

15. - Top - End - #195

Off to DFI!
    You post first
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

[The Toy Tinker]

"I've fallen..." Croaks a wretched voice. The words drift out from the black wooden door set into the wall opposite the stairs. It has been left ajar, and no light appears from within.

[Malechenar]

"Why I should say so! I would say I'm the foremost expert on such things in many realms," Sticks says, happily tooting his own horn for once. He feels the company is right, and he'd like Ryhe to have some trust in him. "I can catch spirits myself - in fact I often do - but not with the ease this young lady is capable of. Do you think I might convince her to work for me? And by extension, if you should require such services, for you?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-05-08 at 11:16 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

"I'll mention it to him, but don't forget that Chadwick doesn't believe he has any powers. I'll at least try to talk to you again if it makes you feel better." Arty says, feeling pity for the spirit and the idea of a blank afterlife. Or maybe he can't remember it when Called so he can't spill any secrets? Who knows...

The Toy Tinker

Despite what some would call logical reasoning, Jim is quick to rush over to the door. He leaves it ajar, hoping that some light from the room spills in. Otherwise he'll be pulling a small flashlight from his tool-belt and giving it a shine through the door as he heads in. He'll call for Sticks again, adding if he's not in plain sight.
    "Talk to me, Sticks. I need to know where you are."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Westside Park

"Did you ever do any hunting? Because if you've ever skinned a rabbit or something, you have a good idea of what I look like. Only, human, not rabbit." Slightly more elastic, but she was flayed by her sire; it's part of how she became a Skin-Stealer Vampire.
    Batu's expression shows that he can imagine quite well what she means.

"I was never much of a hunter, but I've seen plenty of skinned animals. That's... gruesome."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Park

"It is, yes. Fortunately, I can't remember the process. I was alive when it happened, and I know it happened because I know how to turn others into Skin-Stealer Vampires and that's an important part." She smiles apologetically at Batu's expression. She was expecting him, as an ex-tribal hobgoblin/bugbear (I've forgotten, sorry), to be slightly less squeamish.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Park]

Hobgoblin. The Mortyverse does not contain bugbears, as Morty considers them to be wholly superfluous. As for being squeamish, there's a difference between skinned animals and a skinless person walking around.

"Is there a way to reverse it?" he asks. He assumes she would have tried if there was.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #201

Southside Apartments

Elereshur nods and says, "Good. I would rather not risk being raided by HALO or WATCH. I'm sure you understand. I look forwards to the next delivery."
    [Suncrest Manor]

Misaka suggests.
    [Below Malchenar]

[Malechenar]

"You know this woman better than I do. But I do trust in your capabilities mister Sticks so I'm sure you can handle it." Ryhe replies "You wish to copy this information down? There is much more I could give you."

Fourth Tower Compound

"Or you ask fourth tower maybe? They would want paid though. Resurrection big thing you know?" The gnoll says. "But maybe Arbil can give you lots of money when you finish quest hm?"

22. - Top - End - #202

Southside Apartments

[Suncrest Manor]

Misaka suggests.
    [Below Malchenar]

[Below Malchenar]

"We'll handle that... ma'm. Normally I would have asked you to sign a contract but under the circumstances perhaps we'll just can come to a mutual agreement. There will be a number of warlocks coming here who will handle you from now on, is that okay? They are the ones that can make sure that you won't hurt anyone else." The captain claims.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena walks into the room in her underwear, drinking a beer as she spots Eliseo and his new friend. "Hey Eliseo, have you seen my bag of potato chips? I knew I left it around here somewhere..." She walks over to the coach and throws away one of the pillows to see if it's underneath it. SHe doesn't seem to pay their guest any attention at all.

Southside Apartments

"The next delivery is already imminent." The golem states and heads out without a word. And sure enough the strange portal demon from before appears and spit out a new batch of "recruits". This time it's a group of furry fellows, thin but not very tall and rather short arms and legs. Round small furry ears and brown fur and a big place nose, the very same color as their eyes. They look around fearfully, all of them shaking like leafs. "These ones lack 'a second mind' as you called it. Will they do?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-05-10 at 12:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Ugh, put a shirt on or something, Irena." Eliseo grabs a throw pillow and tosses it at Irena's head. Not that Irena in her underwear could faze Eliseo after dealing with similar his whole life, but he has someone over!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

[Below Malchenar]

Kanya nods, and says, "Okay...I promise, I won't try to hurt anyone. Please, send your warlocks in."

25. - Top - End - #205

[Suncrest Manor]

"Ugh, put a shirt on or something, Irena." Eliseo grabs a throw pillow and tosses it at Irena's head. Not that Irena in her underwear could faze Eliseo after dealing with similar his whole life, but he has someone over!
    um, hello, miss.
    Misaka says, surprised at the woman's sudden appearance, unfazed by the clothing of her because A) she's the same gender and B) Misaka's been in girl's locker rooms before.
    She is kinda developing a slightly bad opinion of her though.
    Haven't seen any potato chips recently
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Park

The Earlverse does contain Bugbears, but Earlverse bugbears aren't goblinoids. Or even humanoid- they're large, brown or black-furred bear-like creatures with opposable thumbs, a bad attitude and their own language. They occasionally let orcs or ogres ride them, but the bugbear usually controls the partnership.

"Normal vampirism can be cured, but I've had my skin removed. People don't live very long without their skin, and my real one rotted away a few years ago. I could try removing the vampirism, but unless the process regenerates the skin I go from being an undead corpse to just a corpse." She has no wish to become a corpse, either; she's in her early twenties, although she was sired when she was nineteen. I just can't remember if she became a vampire in 2011 or 2012, so I can't remember how old she is exactly.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Park]

"Makes sense, I suppose," Batu says. "There's so many terrifying things out there. Things were simpler in my tribe. I wish I'd been able to stay, but the law is very strict on the subject of sorcery."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Park

"Yeah, I suppose there are a lot of dangerous monsters about. I haven't left the city for years; if I try, Gulthadar may think I'm trying to escape and hunt me down to kill me. I have no intention of dying yet, either." Which is one reason why she's tried to keep some of her weaknesses from Gulthadar. She's told them a stake through the heart will kill her, which is true, but the stake has to be hawthorn wood, otherwise it won't do anything.

29. - Top - End - #209

[Malechenar]

"You know this woman better than I do. But I do trust in your capabilities mister Sticks so I'm sure you can handle it." Ryhe replies "You wish to copy this information down? There is much more I could give you."
    "More? Why, I'll take whatever you're willing to part with! Here, let me prepare some notes..." Says Sticks, removing a quill and a vial of ink from his cloak. "You know, Bolts ought to be back by now. If you'd still like that map of Ssut." Of course he does.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Despite what some would call logical reasoning, Jim is quick to rush over to the door. He leaves it ajar, hoping that some light from the room spills in. Otherwise he'll be pulling a small flashlight from his tool-belt and giving it a shine through the door as he heads in. He'll call for Sticks again, adding if he's not in plain sight.
    "Talk to me, Sticks. I need to know where you are."
    Light does indeed spill in, casting a dim rectangle across the length of the room with Jim's shadow at its center. The floor is concrete, and disheveled paperwork lies in a random mess all about the visible space. Beyond that, it's pitch black. Sticks must have the lower windows covered when he isn't working. Across the room, at the far wall, stands a posh (if rather ancient) oaken desk, and upon that desk is a black wooden box.

Sticks' voice creeps out from Jim's right. A dim silhouette, an enormous jumble of machinery, scrapes the ceiling in the darkness. Only it's curved steel outsides are distinguishable, but they appear to be well cared for, unlike many other things in Sticks shop. The voice seems to come from beyond. The room must be rather large.

"Here... I fell..." It wavers on the edge of consciousness...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

"We'll see." says Arty, before signaling his host to end the seance. Or opening his eyes, if that was what he was told to do.

The Toy Tinker

Jim stops for just a moment. Just what is all this around? But he hasn't the time to linger. He swears, although not too loudly, abandoning his carefulness and running in the direction of the voice, staying mindful only of where he's going so he doesn't trip or slam into something.