New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default M&M3e Hero City and the Return of Frau Farenheight!

So, what are the rules?

Pre combat buffing yes/no?
    How big is the Arena?
    I'm assuming no leaving the arena?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: M&M3e Hero City and the Return of Frau Farenheight!

My rule for pre combat buffing is "You wernt expecting this fight, but if you can keep something up all day, consider yourself 23 hours in and expend resources accordingly.

For instance, my character manually casts Contingency, which has a duration of 1 day per caster level- I "pre combat buff'd" sometime last month, so I still have it.

If something has a casting time of 10 minutes per caster level and you cave a caster level of 50, each casting lasts almost 10 hours- you will have expended 3 before the combat begins, but you can have it up. (by the same token, an Extended 1 min/caster level spell, 100 minutes (hour and 40 min) duration, would need 14 castings to be up in this combat- not entirely unreasonable at our levels)

The last spar, I put on Mount Celestia (because we were both lawful good champions) with the peak blocking LoS from starting places, and clouds below to provide cover... with a 10 round "king of the hill" limit to prevent cloud-camping.

EDIt: being dead (not a lich) counts as being out of the arena, in case you have any ressurection abilities.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-24 at 06:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm ok with those buffing rules (all the stuff I was thinking of is minutes of duration at will)

Ok, so how far apart do we start? Do you have a map?

Btw my character:

Simone Petukhov
    Spoiler: pic
    Show
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2014-04-24 at 06:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

No map, but I'm a Collossal Gold Wyrm (an entire side of my gestalt- and not even a GREAT wyrm... ).

Perhaps a 200' cube, with the ground at the bottom, and starting 100' apart?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, initiative: (d20+16)[28]

Edit: Oops, bonus was supposed to be +18, but that didn't matter
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2014-04-24 at 07:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Inititive: (d20+35)[44]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

The dragon leaps into the air, swooping toward his foe. Passing 20' overhead, Time Stands Still as a flurry of melee attacks seeks toward the smaller creature. Continuing his flight, two gems on his belt fade to dull lifelessness, as he preps another spell...

Swift: Arcane Wrath, burning a Cantrip slot (JPM- burn a spell for +4 to hit, +x damage where damage is equal to spell level, UEoNT)
    Move: Flyby attack- can attack at any point in movement. 250' fly speed gets me to you, to the edge of the arena (50' behind you), and wingover feat to turn around, still 20' in the air.
    Free: Arcane Strike, burning a 9rd level slot (feat- burn a spell for +x to hit, +xd4 damage, UEoNT)
    Standard: Time Stands still- 9th level maneuver. Take a full attack, then full attack again
    Full attack 1 (with bonuses for using a maneuver and for using a Diamond Mind maneuver)
    Spoiler
    Show

Unarmed Strike 1 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+110)[119] for (8d6)[31]+(9d4)[20]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 2 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+105)[112] for (8d6)[35]+(9d4)[24]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 3 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+100)[117] for (8d6)[27]+(9d4)[24]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 4 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+95)[102] for (8d6)[24]+(9d4)[20]+ 84
    Claw attack 1: (d20+110)[125] for (4d6)[11]+(9d4)[20]+ 68
    Claw attack 2: (d20+110)[118] for (4d6)[14]+(9d4)[28]+ 68
    Wing attack 1: (d20+109)[128] for (2d8)[8]+(9d4)[24]+ 68
    Wing attack 2: (d20+109)[122] for (2d8)[6]+(9d4)[23]+ 68
    Bite Attack: (d20+109)[110] for (4d8)[23]+(9d4)[19]+ 84
    Tail slam: (d20+109)[111] for (4d6)[15]+(9d4)[18]+ 100

Full attack 2 (with bonuses for using a maneuver and for using a Diamond Mind maneuver)
    Spoiler
    Show

Unarmed Strike 1 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+110)[121] for (8d6)[26]+(9d4)[19]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 2 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+105)[111] for (8d6)[30]+(9d4)[12]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 3 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+100)[111] for (8d6)[26]+(9d4)[26]+ 84
    Unarmed Strike 4 (with beast strikes feat): (d20+95)[106] for (8d6)[35]+(9d4)[20]+ 84
    Claw attack 1: (d20+110)[125] for (4d6)[11]+(9d4)[17]+ 68
    Claw attack 2: (d20+110)[130] for (4d6)[20]+(9d4)[19]+ 68
    Wing attack 1: (d20+109)[123] for (2d8)[9]+(9d4)[19]+ 68
    Wing attack 2: (d20+109)[128] for (2d8)[15]+(9d4)[27]+ 68
    Bite Attack: (d20+109)[121] for (4d8)[16]+(9d4)[18]+ 84
    Tail slam: (d20+109)[116] for (4d6)[17]+(9d4)[20]+ 100

RKV: burn a Turn Attempt for an extra Swift action
    2nd Swift: Burn 2 charges from Belt of Battle for a Standard action
    2nd Standard: Time Stop (1d4+1)[3]

-Damage assessment?-

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The natural 20 in the second routine is the only attack that hits. I have 20% miss chance from continous concealment and 8 mirror images, if you cant bypass those defences then: (d8)[4] a 1 hits me unless I roll an 81 or higher for concealment (d100)[14]
    If it gets past then damage reduction reduces it and regeneration converts it to non lethal, depending on the metal and alignment of your weapons ofc.
    You trigger spell stowaway time stop. (but I'm assuming we can't hurt each other with it)

Spoiler: Please post your timestop actions without reading mine to avoid metagaming
    Show
    1st Round
    Free-Manifest Quickened Energy Conversion Linked to Synchronicity
    Free-Manifest Quickened Energy Wall (Cold) Linked to Synchronicity line across your edge with the face of the wall pointing the direction you were heading after turnabout 3pp
    Free-Manifest Quickened Energy Wall (Cold) Linked to Synchronicity line across your edge with the face of the wall pointing the direction you were heading after turnabout 3pp
    Free- Activate Robilars Gambit and Karmic Strike (now assumed active for the rest of the fight)
    Standard-Cast Effulgent Epuration

2nd Round
    Standard- Cast Shapechange > Hound of the Hunt
    Synchronicity Standard - At will Creeping Doom centered in the square you were in when you cast time stop
    Synchronicity Standard - At will Creeping Doom centered in the square you were in when you cast time stop

3rd Round
    Move- Go 75ft to the adjacent right square of your area pre-time stop. Behind the cold walls and 15ft away from my big pile of centipedes.
    Standard- Cast Globe of Invulnerability
    Free-Manifest Quickened Energy Wall (Cold) Linked to Synchronicity (unlocked) line across your edge with the face of the wall pointing the direction you were heading after turnabout 3pp
    Free-Manifest Quickened Energy Wall (Cold) Linked to Synchronicity (unlocked) line across your edge with the face of the wall pointing the direction you were heading after turnabout 3pp
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2014-04-24 at 08:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

(if I read mirror image right, the roll for which illusion I hit is done for each attack, and is done before checking vs AC (because illusions have their own AC). Being generous and calling each full attack 1 attack, I need a d7 roll to see if the second full attack (the one with the nat 20) hit: (d7)[5] needing a 1)

Round 1: Swift: Quickened Wall of Stone- a dome 5' to each side of you, (Edit: call it 10' thick) to block line of effect
    Standard: True Seeing
    Move: Land next to the stone dome.

Round 2: Swift: Quickened Entropic Shield
    Standard: Globe of Invulnerability

Round 3: Swift: Quickened Shield
    Standard: Dimentional Lock centered (but not targeting) on the life I Blindsight within the dome of stone. Spell Resistance Caster check: (d20+50)[55]
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-24 at 08:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you mean to have the centipede swarms fall for 2 dice of damage? Because of clumsy flight, it wasnt possible for me to have remained in that square...

Current map:

|10' of stone|You|10' of stone| Me, for 30'| 10' gap| Centapede spawms, falling 20' to the ground|Out of bounds line
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-24 at 09:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The dimensional lock failed but your probably not surprised because of your unlucky roll.

Standard Action: Dimension Hop to just outside the dome. 6pp

Synchronicity Standard: Arcane Fusion SLA to cast Dispel Magic on your Globe of Invulnerability followed by Lesser Orb of Cold
    (d20+105)[121] vs touch to deal (5d8)[24] cold damage.
    Normally I would have 30d6 precision damage, if your immune to sneak attack then this value is only 10d6
    If either of these hit then I will use my spelltheif ability and steal some spells, I will sacrifice 9d6 dice of sneak attack to steal Time Stop and 1 random spell of each other level. I have the discover spells class feature so you must now tell me what spells you know of each level.
    If your not immune to sneak attack (unlikely at this level) then you take an additional (21d6)[75] cold damage

Synchronicity Standard: Creeping Doom SLA to spawn more swarms in the dragons square this time

Synchronicity Standard: Giant Vermin SLA on centipede swarms in the dragons sqaure. You now have a collosol centipede on each facing and 7 centipede swarms in your space.

Move: Move to adjacent square (provoking AOO)

Free: Twinned, Paraelemental, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Subbed, Piercing Cold, Energy Flash (Cold) Linked to Synchronicity. For 1pp
    1st (d20+105)[124] vs touch. ((18d6*6*1.5)+106)=268 cold damage Fortitude save for half as well as to avoid being dazed and slowed for 1 round. Ignores cold resistance and still deals 1/2 damage if your immune.
    2nd (d20+105)[110] vs touch. ((18d6*6*1.5)+106)=268 cold damage Fortitude save for half as well as to avoid being dazed and slowed for 1 round. Ignores cold resistance and still deals 1/2 damage if your immune.
    Sacrificing sneak attack to steal another 10 or 30 spells

Free: Cloud of blades attack
    (d20+113)[119] vs AC to deal (d6+30)[35] damage. 19-20 crit.
    Sacrificing sneak attack to steal another 10 or 30 spells

Swarm damage from the 7 swarms in your space:
    (2d6)[4]
    (2d6)[5]
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[4]
    (2d6)[6]
    (2d6)[2]
    (2d6)[5]

Bite attacks from giant centipedes:
    (d20+20)[21](4d6+18)[36]
    (d20+20)[29](4d6+18)[36]
    (d20+20)[27](4d6+18)[30]

I wait to see the results of these actions before I choose what to do with my remaining quickens and synchronicity.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgot to do the cold damage from the walls of cold, you would have had to move through them so each does d26+26 cold damage with a fortitude save for half and allowing ER
    (2d6+26)[31]
    (2d6+26)[35]
    (2d6+26)[30]
    (2d6+26)[33]
    (2d6+26)[34]
    (2d6+26)[33]
    (2d6+26)[32]
    (2d6+26)[33]
    (2d6+26)[32]
    (2d6+26)[33]
    (2d6+26)[31]
    (2d6+26)[34]

Also forgot to roll for SR on the two energy flashes:
    (d20+63)[81]
    (d20+63)[74]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

How does spell theft work with sorcerer casting? (Also, were do you get scaling SR, I only saw fixed value stuff)

Also, how are you dispelling the Globe of Invulnerability?
    "You make a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum +10) against the spell or against each ongoing spell currently in effect on the object or creature. The DC for this dispel check is 11 + the spell’s caster level. "

EDIT: were the walls of cold up at the time? I moved during Time stop, so if neither of us could aim at the other, neither of us had to deal with the other's obstructions during movement.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-24 at 10:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, casting Creeping Doom is a full round action, I just noticed.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SR is from VoP fix, it's 10+ECL therefore 60, you rolled 55

Derp, good pick up on the dispel magic, I was thinking it auto countered it due to the fact that the spell called it out. It doesn't matter now though as I'm inside the area with you (10ft emenation) and I'm adjacent.

And now that you point it out creeping doom is a full round, as it's an invalid action I'll take it back and cast howling chain (so your still flanked and I don't have to redo everything else)

Spelltheft v spontaneous caster; You lose one open slot and also can not use the stolen spell for 10 rounds.

Well, it's best to get these kinks ironed out here rather than make mistakes like this in the actual tournament.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. :3

Also, being inside the emmenation doent mean you can cast spells at me, it just means I cant cast spells at you either:

"An immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere surrounds you and excludes all spell effects of 3rd level or lower. The area or effect of any such spells does not include the area of the lesser globe of invulnerability. Such spells fail to affect any target located within the globe."

(Replace with 4th level for the not-lesser version)

And I'm still not sure how Spell Stowaway'd Time Stop walls work out... Personally, I'd think it would be "my time stop first, my time stop completes, then you time stop with full knowlege of my current location. (then my Spell Stowaway can trigger, and so on until one of us chooses (or is forced) to not cast a 9th level slot. :p)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-24 at 11:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the time stops happen simultaneously.

Okay, so no retconing things, because it's my fault.

I'll use my last three quickened powers to go:
    3* Twinned, Flashfrosted, Empowered, Maximized, Quickened, Admixed, Piercing Cold, Paraelemental Elemental Barrage Cold Linked to Synchronicity

So the effect is 18*( (38d6*6*1.5)+228 = 570 Cold damage Reflex Half, Ignores ER, Immunity halves damage. Failed reflex means you are also slowed for a round. Ignores SR)
    please make 18 reflex saves

Holding onto one last Synchronicity

11pp + aug 40 + 12 wildsurge - 9 = 42pp * 3 = 126pp spent

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a spell turning effect from an item [Cowl of Warding (MoF)] but I dont have the actual description on hand- I assume it works lie a Ring of Spell turning, reflecting one of those spells back at you.

The other 17...
    Immediate: cue a counter to increase my save (Diamond Defence)
    Counter Stance:when I use a counter, I can change my stance-> Stance of Alacrity (My first counter dont cost my next turn's Swift)
    Defensive Stance Diamond Mind- while in a dimond mind stance I get a bonus to saves.
    (d20+117)[120]
    (d20+92)[102]
    (d20+92)[97]
    (d20+92)[102]
    (d20+92)[107]
    (d20+92)[106]
    (d20+92)[98]
    (d20+92)[111]
    (d20+92)[96]
    (d20+92)[96]
    (d20+92)[94]
    (d20+92)[105]
    (d20+92)[99]
    (d20+92)[103]
    (d20+92)[104]
    (d20+92)[98]
    (d20+92)[105]

Evasion
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-25 at 01:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

All passed.
    The reflected one only gets me on a natural 1 on the save. (d20)[19]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

(my turn again? Also, do you have Evasion for your half on miss attack? Also, how many Opportunity attacks did you provoke?)
    (Edit: Will post in morning)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-25 at 03:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I provoke 3, and yes, your turn.

I have evasion from monk levels.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2014-04-25 at 05:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

OAs:(d20)[8](d20)[9](d20)[2]
    If one of them gets a 20: Crit confirm: (d20+104)[121] Damage (8d6+52)[74]

Move: Flying Tumble (Full speed, 11 enemies, slippery terrain (air)) DC52, auto pass, opening the range to 110' and up 20' in the air. (no grapple checks, so I dont bring anything with me)
    Standard: Greater Spell Immunity (Elemental Barrage, Ultrablast, Energy Conversion, Energy Wave, Recall death, Disintigrate, Sunbeam,Cone of Cold, Freezing Sphere, Polar Ray)
    Swift: Quickened Sanctuary (you must pass a Will save to attack me)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2014-04-25 at 07:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Robilars Gambit attacks provoked by your AOOs

(d20+117)[119] vs touch to deal (4d8+65)[76]

(d20+117)[132] vs touch to deal (4d8+65)[75]

(d20+117)[134] vs touch to deal (4d8+65)[84]

If 1 hits:
    I will use my spelltheif ability and steal some spells, I will sacrifice 9d6 dice of sneak attack to steal Time Stop and 1 random spell of each level. I have the discover spells class feature so you must now tell me what spells you know of each level.
    If a 2nd hits
    and Steal 5 spells and 5 random active spell effects (only stuff with a range other than personal can be stolen so your globe is fine)
    All three
    and Steal 10 spells (I'll pick when you show me your list)
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2014-04-25 at 07:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Are those ranged attacks?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Are those ranged attacks?
    They are unarmed strikes, sorry for not specifying

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll concede at this point.

Didnt realize what Gambit did, so you were able to bait me into counterattacking within your reach. Also my touch AC sucks. :/

Need to make some revisions to my items and spells after this anyway... thank you.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the match, it was useful and I learned a lot. I've got some tweaking to do now... spell/power list needs a big review I think.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Wat book is Robilar's gambit from?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Players handbook 2 I think