Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1317
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Internet Flea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    {{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by Mark Hall; 2014-06-03 at 11:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.


    (Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Um.... do you think insulting me makes me want to stick around or are you encouraging me to leave? I don't really understand your goal here. All I see is you twisting my actions and ignoring that I actually put a lot of effort into not fighting with Saposhiente the way we did before and gave him a second chance which he threw in my face anyway and yet still tried not to make too much of a deal out of it (I wasn't the one who dragged the fight over into another game). I think it's utter bull on your part to claim I don't let things go since that's exactly what I was trying to do. You maybe would have gotten that if you read the parts of the game that occurred in instead of just assuming I behaved like a jerk. So thanks for perpetuating the problem instead of trying to stop it. Just makes my decision easier.

    Also, I think you guys saying people are going to assume everyone else is lying 100% of the time is total bull. You can't form networks if nobody ever trusts each other no matter what. There has to be a non-0% trust someone isn't lying or town can't win games outside of pure luck. It's perfectly fair for people to decide who and when to trust people, but you can't play these games if you start out in a situation where no matter what you say or do nobody will ever trust you. And how and why people do trust you is clearly going to vary from person to person, so it's just as silly to claim people shouldn't trust me when I behave in the ways that mean people can trust me just because that's not how or why people can trust you.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zar Peter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the playground

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    So, rereading the first day of My little Townie I was surprised by Ramsus reaction to my point. Then I was surprised because he called me rude although I tried to word my critics very calm. I just don't like players who think they get a white wash because they are roleplaying.

    And then Saposhiente pointed at me and I really thought, well, now Ramsus even managed to bring other players on his side and they lynch me because I dare to point at a roleplayer. Then I got angry. And when I'm angry I tend to be sarcastic. Sorry for that, I didn't know that Saposhiente wasn't playing and just heating up the tension.

    Still, a player that thinks he doesn't deserve to get lynched doesn't deserve to play in the first place. Sorry, that's my opinion and I will stand by it. Everyone who's asking for a free pass because he is roleplaying or because he didn't live a game till the end so far... no way. Maybe when he says he died the last two games on day 1 or night 1 I'm thinking but to leave someone alone because he's roleplaying? No way.

    Ramsus, I don't really recognice your playstyle but what I recognice is that you're taking points or kills in games personally. I remember that Circle of Assassins game where you assumed that everybody ganged up on you. Mostly because you had two kills on day 1 and 2 so most people guessed on you because YOU STOOD OUT! That's psychology, not ganging up.

    All in all, if you keep up this behaviour I'm not happy to play a game were you are in because I always have to fear your reaction when I'm going against you.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.


    Squid Bones: They exist!


    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    {{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by Mark Hall; 2014-06-03 at 11:05 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Internet Flea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I don't really understand your goal here.
    My goal is to stop this from happening again. I've been gone for half a year, but this is somehow still an issue. I tried being nice before and it didn't work. So I'll be hostile, and even if it doesn't work I'll feel better. I read your post where you said you brought it up and I read your last post on My Little Werewolf calling for a rule that is both already in place and unenforceable without mod intervention. If you have a particular Sapo post you think you were justified in reacting to you'll have to link it (because man Toy Story is wordy.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Also, I think you guys saying people are going to assume everyone else is lying 100% of the time is total bull. You can't form networks if nobody ever trusts each other no matter what.
    Networks are not essential to a Werewolf game. Dealing with people mistrusting you is.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2014-05-31 at 04:18 PM. Reason: adding E's to 'unenforceable'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.


    (Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saposhiente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Legend

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Re "delaying the inevitable is a worthy cause": I would rather have this come up to a boil right now than have to deal with it constantly for months to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    My goal is to stop this from happening again. I've been gone for half a year, but this is somehow still an issue. I tried being nice before and it didn't work. So I'll be hostile, and even if it doesn't work I'll feel better.
    This, though I try not to go so far as hostile. Don't even bother nitpicking the line between negative and hostile. You'll be wasting your breath.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    And then Saposhiente pointed at me and I really thought, well, now Ramsus even managed to bring other players on his side and they lynch me because I dare to point at a roleplayer. Then I got angry. And when I'm angry I tend to be sarcastic. Sorry for that, I didn't know that Saposhiente wasn't playing and just heating up the tension.
    Sorry. I intended for my vote to be satirical and clearly out of character for me. Think Stephen Colbert.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-31 at 04:45 PM.

    Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.
    Avatar by Akrim.elf

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TFT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Also, I think you guys saying people are going to assume everyone else is lying 100% of the time is total bull. You can't form networks if nobody ever trusts each other no matter what. There has to be a non-0% trust someone isn't lying or town can't win games outside of pure luck. It's perfectly fair for people to decide who and when to trust people, but you can't play these games if you start out in a situation where no matter what you say or do nobody will ever trust you. And how and why people do trust you is clearly going to vary from person to person, so it's just as silly to claim people shouldn't trust me when I behave in the ways that mean people can trust me just because that's not how or why people can trust you.
    Since this part hasn't been addressed:

    Of course there has to be a certain level of trust. However, there also has to be a certain level of distrust. If I, as a seer, send a PM out to everyone who I feel I can trust in game, I will get night killed by the wolves more often then a solid network would be formed. Because unless I have concrete proof or a reason to believe they aren't lying because of a claim, they could very well be lying in thread, or manipulating their behavior to look town, and I would get the raw end of the deal the majority of the time.

    So, the key is concrete proof. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but the majority of werewolf players will not accept "I wouldn't have done that for meta reasons" as a solid enough reason to give full trust because there will always be that person who would abuse it. In fact, I'm sure there are people who have. In another game that was running at the same time (*cough* ATPG in LotR *cough*. It becomes a part of the game. So when we don't believe you off that claim alone, It's not an insult to you. Because you know what? No matter how many times you swear up and down that you would never do that, you could. We don't know. We can't know. And someone else will do the same exact swearing up and down you will when a wolf, pepper in other arguments that, combined with that argument, make them look solid, get away with whatever wolfish ploy they have, and people will be impressed they got away with it, not hurt that they were lied to. Because it's a part of the game. It's almost impossible to change that mindset for individual players.

    That's my take on it. I know you most likely disagree with it, but I think that's the opinion the majority of players share.

    However, that does not mean I disagree with your viewpoints on meta issues, like good players getting lynched or nightkilled early all the time. I actually do agree with you on that point, and believe that we as a community can agree to do things like reduce the amount of nightkills and day one lynches. We have in the past. But that is a completely separate issue from meta analysis and how it relates to gameplay.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-31 at 05:13 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

    Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Apparently nobody seems to want to address the issue I asked to be addressed and would rather spend their time telling me how I don't have a right to play and that I have no right to my opinions and multiple of you have made it clear you would prefer I wasn't here. So that's what I needed to know. I originally was going to not just drop straight out of all my games and at least be polite enough to wait for my death in those games or for them to end. But there's no good reason I should have to put up with this good-ol-boys routine where you all tell me what an ass I am for being offended by people intentionally trying to offend me.

    So that's it. I'm out. See you all hopefully never again so you don't have to deal with me wanting people to be treated fairly and I don't have to deal with you for whom this is a completely alien concept. Sapo, Zar, IF, Murska, have fun explaining to people why I've dropped out of their games, because I'm not sticking around here another minute to do even that much.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Internet Flea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Sorry to see you go. But I'm convinced you want to play games that are only tangentially related to Werewolf and will never actually be happy with the games being played. I don't know what you're looking for, but I wish you luck in finding it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.


    (Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Arg. I keep writing stuff and deleting it because I can't figure out anything to say that would work.

    Have you ever had the thought that if you feel everyone is out to get you, the problem might not be in everyone else, but in you?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Visor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    I don't think anyone is saying you don't have a right to play. I think you are misinterpreting what is being said.

    Look at it from an outside perspective, if you can.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cuthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Apparently nobody seems to want to address the issue I asked to be addressed and would rather spend their time telling me how I don't have a right to play and that I have no right to my opinions and multiple of you have made it clear you would prefer I wasn't here. So that's what I needed to know. I originally was going to not just drop straight out of all my games and at least be polite enough to wait for my death in those games or for them to end. But there's no good reason I should have to put up with this good-ol-boys routine where you all tell me what an ass I am for being offended by people intentionally trying to offend me.

    So that's it. I'm out. See you all hopefully never again so you don't have to deal with me wanting people to be treated fairly and I don't have to deal with you for whom this is a completely alien concept. Sapo, Zar, IF, Murska, have fun explaining to people why I've dropped out of their games, because I'm not sticking around here another minute to do even that much.
    Ramsus... I feel like it is a bit of Sapo's problem and a tiny bit of yours. I really enjoy playing with you, but you are one of several people here who can get a bit snappy if they are voted for. I agree that's it's often not fair, but... I want you to stay. Not leave. The Playground needs everyone, and you are one of them.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.


    "So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Apparently nobody seems to want to address the issue I asked to be addressed and would rather spend their time telling me how I don't have a right to play and that I have no right to my opinions and multiple of you have made it clear you would prefer I wasn't here. So that's what I needed to know. I originally was going to not just drop straight out of all my games and at least be polite enough to wait for my death in those games or for them to end. But there's no good reason I should have to put up with this good-ol-boys routine where you all tell me what an ass I am for being offended by people intentionally trying to offend me.

    So that's it. I'm out. See you all hopefully never again so you don't have to deal with me wanting people to be treated fairly and I don't have to deal with you for whom this is a completely alien concept. Sapo, Zar, IF, Murska, have fun explaining to people why I've dropped out of their games, because I'm not sticking around here another minute to do even that much.
    As a former friend and someone who would have liked to re-acquaint myself with you eventually, perhaps even bring back that contract, I'm going to tell you straight up that while there is a few posts that are aggressively against you, see Sapo, you're misrepresenting a lot of people here.

    I really hope you can actually read this and not think I'm against you too and rather process the information and actually consider what has been said already again in a different light to understand, but if you can't then I guess I'm sorry.

    As for the issue both Sapo and you are in the wrong in varying degrees. You both know you're pretty much never going to come to a good conclusion of your inwar, unless you believe there is a chance of that despite all the times we've tried to get you too to stop biting each other and failed already. You both have a vastly different opinion of how werewolf is played and Ramsus' emotion really rubs Sapo the wrong way. Or the other way around if you want I don't care.

    If do leave, I'm sorry I couldn't do more to make you understand, and good luck where ever you go.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

    If I'm needed in a FFRP scene, or someone has an idea for one of my characters, PM me. It's more likely to be received than anything else.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saposhiente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Legend

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Don't say never. You'd be surprised how much people change over a period of years.

    Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.
    Avatar by Akrim.elf

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Don't say never. You'd be surprised how much people change over a period of years.
    Point conceded.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

    If I'm needed in a FFRP scene, or someone has an idea for one of my characters, PM me. It's more likely to be received than anything else.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Helgraf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Here and there.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Clean Slate used to be in the Werewolf Central rules. Don't know when it got removed.
    Navi Plaguelord courtesy of "Make yourself a Navi" website plus some ingenuity on my part...
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    LoP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pacific NW Edition
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Uh, bye Ramsus? Not really involved in any of this, but for what its worth I did learn quite a lot about WW games in general just by watching you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You go ahead and sig whatever you like. I was talking about sigging Rein about me being siggable.
    I think I might sig this just to create sigception.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    For those of you who don't check the WW central often, I have submitted a WW game to start the week of June 16th. I will be looking for a minimum of 25 players. There will be many power roles. The game is about Spies, Agents, and Mystery, Oh My!
    It is called Classified WW.
    Avatar made by Cuthalion| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

    How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.


  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darkstar21295's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    I just found this thread so hi everybody! I'm a new guy who usually plays DnD or PF on this website but saw a WW thread by Cuthalion and decided to try it. I like it so far and any tips you veteran players might have for me or kernels of wisdom would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by Darkstar21295; 2014-06-01 at 12:16 PM.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?


  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Zack's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    fighting clowns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Just found this thread. How big and how active are the games usually around here?

    You guys have a nice community here. Sorry if I rub some of you the wrong way, I know my playstyle can seem abrasive at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    This seems like a good place to get some advice from WW players here on the forum. Anyone old enough to have played one of the four previous Advent Children games here would probably be best placed to advise, purely from a familiarity standpoint, but I'd welcome suggestions from anybody.

    For anyone who isn't aware, the biggest twist away from standard WW in Advent Children is the use of random encounters, rather than a straight lynch. Every day, a random monster from a pool of 8-12 possible creatures attacks the town, and instead of voting for lynch, players vote who should face it, and can vote for themselves. Every player has a list of encounters they can defeat (whether this is 100% or a certain possibility has changed between games), and a defeated encounter can yield a random or not so random item drop to the victorious player.

    <snip>

    Ahem,

    Any help or ideas would be gratefully received.
    There was a game on CFC a few years ago with a similar concept for the lynch (there was a bunch of other non-standard stuff, too). The town won. It could be of interest to you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, and before I forget - is there a glossary somewhere? I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the terms used here.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Legato Endless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Posts 1 and 6 of the Werewolf Central Archive contain a partial listing of common terminology. This is the thread at the top of structured games. Anything else you need to know you can ask here, and several of us will be happy to clarify. Or fabricate, depending on mood.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Saposhiente's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Legend

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    We also discussed it on pages 6 and 7 of Toy Story, when Pizzaguy announced that he would be inviting you all over.

    Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.
    Avatar by Akrim.elf

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Pokeball
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    I made a huge, long list a while back. I don't remember who asked for it, or where I made the list. I have the sneaking suspicion that whomever it was isn't playing here any more.


    Finally forced me into getting one of these.

    Banner by Elder Tsofu.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RuneboundShade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, obviously.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    I'm probably going to start playing again from the looks of things, blade's stories of games makes it hard not to.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.


  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    banjo1985's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    There was a game on CFC a few years ago with a similar concept for the lynch (there was a bunch of other non-standard stuff, too). The town won. It could be of interest to you.
    Thanks, I'll give this one a look.

    Also, howdy Runebound, long-time no see!

    Also, if you're still reading for some reason, Ramsus, I for one always luffled you! I luffles everyone to be fair, but you have always been fun to play with and against, and to narrate for, and you've always been more honest than most, which I appreciate. I do think you're sometimes too quick to take offence, and struggle to let things go once they've started, but so are a lot of people, WW players included. I do think Sapo was out of order a little, and I'll leave it at that. I'd like to see you back here, and would love to narrate for you again. Whatever you do, look after yourself.


    Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    WW Classified is open for recruiting. Please stop by, I want at least 25 players.
    Avatar made by Cuthalion| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

    How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.


  27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by HappyTurtle
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Apparently nobody seems to want to address the issue I asked to be addressed and would rather spend their time telling me how I don't have a right to play and that I have no right to my opinions and multiple of you have made it clear you would prefer I wasn't here. So that's what I needed to know. I originally was going to not just drop straight out of all my games and at least be polite enough to wait for my death in those games or for them to end. But there's no good reason I should have to put up with this good-ol-boys routine where you all tell me what an ass I am for being offended by people intentionally trying to offend me.

    So that's it. I'm out. See you all hopefully never again so you don't have to deal with me wanting people to be treated fairly and I don't have to deal with you for whom this is a completely alien concept. Sapo, Zar, IF, Murska, have fun explaining to people why I've dropped out of their games, because I'm not sticking around here another minute to do even that much.
    Ramsus, I'm not going to add fuel to the fire. I'm sorry to see you go, again. You are a good player, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

    Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody


  28. - Top - End - #178
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    Discussions regarding a possible Star Wars sequel by Askthepizzaguy




    I have a specific setup in mind.

    It will be based off of the previous game, Fall of the Order, (link, link, link)

    However... there will be three distinct stages to game play.



    Stage One: Learning the ways of the Force

    Spoiler
    Show
    In the beginning of game play, there will be a large number of players. I envision specifically inviting most of the GITP crew to join the game, plus many of the veterans and players of the previous game, and any current regulars. I'd like to get 50-60 players minimum.

    In stage one, the game setup will resemble a very, very large vanilla game, in other words, there will be no possibility of recruitment to the Dark Side of the Force, unless both starting Sith, the Master, and the Apprentice, are destroyed.

    At this stage, the Sith will be focusing on training their Apprentice, because the Apprentice will start off almost as weak and helpless as the Jedi Initiates and Padawans which comprise the bulk of the players.

    The Sith Lord may either assist in the training of his apprentice, or make a killing attempt on his own, which is very likely to succeed (and no chance of dying in the attempt), or he can search the Jedi Initiates and Padawans for potential future recruits- those who are susceptible to the Dark Side, and those who have already taken actions which make them more susceptible to the Dark Side, or who have already started down the Dark Path.

    The Sith Apprentice may either study and train, to attempt to learn new abilities, or the Apprentice may make a killing attempt. This attempt is unlikely to succeed, unless the Apprentice correctly matches their attack to the defense used, or there is no defense used. The attempt is also potentially dangerous for the Sith Apprentice, he may die during the attempt if he attacks a skilled Padawan who uses precisely the correct defense against his attack, or if he attacks a Jedi Knight or Master, of which there will be precious few.

    The Jedi and the Sith should both be deeply more concerned with developing their character and strengthening their skills, attacks, or defenses, rather than eliminating one another.

    Lynches, for example, will be highly unlikely to be effective, given the small numbers of Sith, and large numbers of Jedi, plus the Dark Side of the Force will be clouding everything- it will be literally impossible to identify the Sith via investigation with any degree of accuracy at this stage of the game. All that can be sensed is whether or not someone is being influenced by the Dark Side. The Apprentice will be influenced by the Dark Side, but the Master will read as not, for they have controlled their fears and passions and are able to mask themselves properly.

    Killing attempts by either side should be rare.

    Jedi who wish to learn the ways of the Dark Side of the Force, must take greater risks at this stage, and attempt to assassinate one of their fellow Jedi, or, they must specifically try to learn a skill that follows the Dark Path. The latter entails less risk, but it is a much slower path, and there is a greater risk of failure. The consequences of failing to assassinate a fellow Jedi, however, can be as risky as death itself, against a Master or Knight, or simply failing and learning no new skills at all.

    Jedi who wish to learn the ways of the Light Side of the Force, must study and train and mentally discipline themselves.


    There are several paths forward, with which to develop your character:


    Lightsaber Path- All Jedi should probably first Construct a Lightsaber, so that they are not completely defenseless. A Jedi initiate or padawan without a lightsaber will be slain 100 percent of the time if they are attacked by someone with a lightsaber, regardless of the skill level of their attacker. Once you have a Lightsaber, you are automatically granted one of the Basic Forms, essentially rock, paper, or scissors. The correct form will defend you against the incorrect attacking form. The incorrect form reduces your skill in defense by one, and an identical form will cause a draw that is broken by the skill levels of the attacker and defender. Following this path further will allow you to learn new saber forms, and using them correctly in battle will raise your skill level, based on experience points. Further down this path, is the path of a Jedi guardian, masters of Lightsaber combat and the ability to competently defend against both Force powers and Saber powers.

    Study Path
    - All Jedi should study- this is the greatest chance for a Jedi to learn a new skill. Some skills are mafia-related, such as investigation, or tracking, or defending others from attack. Other skills are battle-related, such as new saber forms, or new force abilities. Studying allows you to learn more about the Force, and the world around you, and the history of the Jedi and the Sith, and enables greater knowledge. But knowledge on its own is not power- being skilled in saber combat requires more focus on the Lightsaber path. Being skilled with the Force requires greater awareness and enlightenment. Further down this path is the path of the Jedi Sentinel, who follow a balanced approach to the Force and are competent in both Saber form and Force awareness, but are not overpoweringly strong in either category.

    Meditation Path- All Jedi should attempt to follow the path toward enlightenment. The more aware and enlightened a Jedi, the more in tune with the Force they become, and they can learn to control it, and gain Force abilities. Following this path is the path of the Jedi Consular, masters of the Force, who have the greatest control over the Force itself and the highest level of knowledge.

    Light Side Path- Some actions or choices are specific to the Light Side of the Force, and will push your character in that direction.

    Dark Side Path- Some actions or choices are specific to the Dark Side of the Force, and will push your character in that direction.

    Promotions from Initiates to Padawan will be based on completion of basic forms of study, meditation, and saber training.

    There will be only one Jedi Master, and only one Jedi Knight, at this stage of play.


    Stage Two: Completing your training.

    Spoiler
    Show
    At this stage of the game, there will be very few players with undeveloped characters. There will be no more Jedi Initiates and most Padawans will have promoted to Jedi Knight, or similar.

    Most of the players in the game will survive to this stage, and therefore, get to experience having a developed character, which was the main focus of the first stage of play.

    Now, advancement will be mostly based on merit, meaning performance in combat, and accuracy in lynch voting, or successful completion of skills and actions during night phases. Study and Meditation and Training will still have use, but their rewards will be less yielding.

    However, sticking to Meditation and Training and Study will ensure that you do continue to progress, whereas merit-based advancement requires success, or there is no advancement.


    • Risk versus reward- the reward of the low-risk path tends to slow to a trickle at this stage, but persistence means advancement, always.
    • Actual successful performance and demonstration of one's learned abilities will grow your character faster at this stage of development.


    Now that the Sith should have fully trained their apprentice, the Sith will be more aggressive. There may be more than one Sith attacker per night, and therefore, potentially more than one slain Jedi per night, if they are successful. Attacks made by the Sith are less risky to their team, and the Sith Master will be immensely powerful if he was not slain and replaced by his Apprentice. He will have reached Godfather status, in mafia terms, no scan will find him to be incriminated unless someone directly witnesses him murdering someone, and has the skill level required to identify him. In other words, the Sith Lord can only be identified by the Jedi Master, and only if the Sith Lord is murdering someone that the Jedi Master is Watching.

    Because most Jedi will have skills and useful defenses, it is possible that Jedi will survive Sith attacks, especially if they choose their defenses correctly.

    However, this stage of the game will be the most tempting for Jedi to turn to the Dark Side. Because their training is incomplete, but their knowledge of the Force and its power is alluring, the most options for Jedi to turn to the Dark Side will be available, and that also means they are skilled enough to successfully use the Dark Side and advance further down that path.

    This stage is crucial- Jedi Knights must choose which side of the Force they support, or forge their own, independent path...

    Later stages will introduce resistance to the Dark Side, and resistance to the Light Side.

    Deaths in this stage will be commonplace, as Dark Side initiates will attempt to successfully assassinate Jedi and advance down the Dark Path, so they may be considered worthy of Sith Apprenticeship.... or perhaps, to become Dark Jedi.

    Promotions from Padawan to Jedi Knight, and Jedi Knight to Jedi Master, will be based on completion of mastery of a specific Knight-level or Master-level skill, and you are ineligible for promotion unless you have mastered at least one skill of that level.

    There will be no Jedi Grandmaster at this stage of play.

    This stage of play will be higher in terms of new learned skills, rapid development of characters, and kill attempts and deflections. And much more like a mafia game, where the Jedi really need to find the Sith and eliminate them before the next stage.


    Stage Three: Mastery of the Force

    Spoiler
    Show
    This stage of the game is must more individualized- many players will have the goal of becoming the Jedi Grandmaster, and this becomes the focus of play. Further, many players who are eliminated at this stage become Force Ghosts and continue to vote for the lynch.

    Finding the Sith is important, but keeping them out of the Grandmaster position is even more important.

    Sith initiates and dark sided jedi might also become Force Ghosts, who must vote to remove the Jedi Grandmaster and install a Sith Lord, in order to win the game.

    At this stage of the game, the original Jedi Master, if he or she is still alive, or the original Jedi Knight, if he or she is still alive, or the senior-most Jedi Knight surviving (the earliest promotion to Knight, out of all surviving Jedi) will become the Jedi Grandmaster.

    At this stage, promotions to the next level will be based on Seniority. The Seniority of all the Jedi will be calculated at start of game, but since most of them will be Initiates and Padawans at game start, the actual order of succession is not revealed, and the order of succession may be superceded based on merit- learned skills, and advancement of the character.

    At this stage, all Jedi are sufficiently advanced that there is a specific order of succession, which is public knowledge. The survivors of the first two stages will be listed in a specific order.

    Promotions from Knight to Master will be done by the Jedi Grandmaster, and promotions from Master to Jedi Grandmaster will be based on the death of the Jedi Grandmaster, and selected purely by seniority of the Masters.

    Only the Senior-most living Jedi Master can become the Jedi Grandmaster.

    The order of succession can be skipped by the Jedi Grandmaster promoting the lower-seniority Jedi to Master in the order of their choosing, but once a Jedi is a Master, only their Seniority is taken into account when choosing a new Jedi Grandmaster, in the event of his death.

    In other words, if you ranked dead last in Seniority, but were the first promoted to Master, and there are no other Masters to choose from at the time of the Jedi Grandmaster's death, you become the Jedi Grandmaster.

    If you ranked dead last in Seniority, but got promoted to Master first, but someone with greater Seniority also got promoted to Master after you, and you are both alive, they still become Jedi Grandmaster due to Seniority.
    Q: Why?

    A: Because it will be the goal of the Sith to become Jedi Grandmaster, and therefore, they must know who they need to eliminate to earn such a promotion. That is why there must be an unbiased and un-alterable order of succession determined at start of game, and it must only apply to Jedi Masters.


    The Jedi Grandmaster's identity is allows public knowledge at this stage of play, so that the Sith may attempt to assassinate this person.

    The goal of the Sith will ultimately be to become Jedi Grandmaster, to deny that position to the Jedi, and greatly enhance their skills while holding that title. If they cannot assassinate the Jedi Grandmaster, they must outvote the Jedi Grandmaster and lynch him or her, in order to win the game.

    As long as the Jedi Grandmaster is, in fact, a Jedi, the Sith cannot win the game. Even if they outnumber the Jedi Grandmaster, they cannot win.

    The goal of the Jedi should be to ensure the most powerful and trustworthy Light-sided Jedi becomes Grandmaster, and to preserve that person at any cost.

    Jedi who attain certain levels of mastery will be able to vote, even in death, from the netherworld of the Force. There must be enough Light-Sided Jedi to overcome the sum total of the votes held by the Sith, to prevent the Sith from winning when they outnumber the Jedi Grandmaster and any remaining Jedi.

    The Grand Prize winner of the game is the player who is the Jedi Grandmaster at the end of the game.

    The Sith Lord must become the Jedi Grandmaster to win.

    The Sith Apprentice must become a Sith Master, and then also kill his own master, and then defeat the Jedi Grandmaster to win. The Sith Apprentice cannot win the game merely by having his Master become the Jedi Grandmaster.

    Sith Initiates must become a Sith Master, and then survive the game, in order to win. They are exempt from needing to kill their own Master.

    Jedi Initiates, Padawans, Knights, and Masters win only if the final Grandmaster is a Jedi at the end of the game.

    (living) Dark Sided Jedi only win if they become Jedi Grandmaster, but they do count as a Jedi. The Jedi team will win the game even if their Grandmaster is Dark Sided.

    As long as they are not Sith, the Sith lose the game.

    The game ends once:


    • All Sith are destroyed, and a Dark Sided Jedi is the Grandmaster, or there are no more Dark Sided Jedi either. (Jedi Victory)
    • Or if there is a Light Sided Jedi Grandmaster, and there are no more Dark Sided Jedi and no more Sith, (Light Side Victory)
    • Or if the Sith have the Grandmaster, and there is no Apprentice to challenge his rule, only loyal Initiates, and they control the vote and therefore cannot be lynched. (Sith Victory)
    • There is a sole Sith remaining and no other players alive (Rule of One Victory)
    • There are only Dark Siders remaining, no Sith, but the Jedi Grandmaster is a Dark Side Jedi. (Dark Jedi Victory)


    It doesn't matter what killing powers or defenses are in play at that time.



    I would host such a game on this forum if participation levels in my current game are sufficient.

    If not, I'm going to need a bigger boat inbox.... so, I'd host it on my native forum and you'd all be invited.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-06-02 at 06:42 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    I'd happily play, and sincerely hope it is hosted here. I feel like more playgrounders would play it here, and I enjoy playing with other playgrounders.
    Avatar made by Cuthalion| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

    How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

    :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

    Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.


  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ghost in the Playground
     
    Zack's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    fighting clowns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

    1. In Stage One, you said the amount of nightkills will be little to none, and that lynches will be so unlikely to succeed that it might be better to not lynch anyone at all. Some people may therefore find this stage of the game boring and/or pointless. Not me, but some or a lot of people.

    2. What happens if a light-side Jedi becomes Grandmaster, then starts to drift to the dark side? Is this even allowable for a light-side grandmaster? And vice versa?

    3. Can dark-siders come back to the light?

    4. Do you promise there's no Force Breath?

    5. Please tell me there's no Force Breath.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •