New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

Well, I talked things over with most of the people I had problems with and got a fair number of PMs from people who don't want me to leave and a few of you said so here as well, so I guess I'll stick around for a bit.

@Pizza: I want to join your Star Wars game wherever it takes place.

@Sabeki: Nobody's gonna judge you for wandering off.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

*hugs Ramsus* Much apologies for being mean.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    @Sabeki: Nobody's gonna judge you for wandering off.
    Help me tell usourselves&we that. We talk a little bit, but he's still unsure about coming back.

(Unfortunately, he had decided to come back in March. Then the forum shut down...)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-05 at 01:28 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Help me tell usourselves&we that. We talk a little bit, but he's still unsure about coming back.

(Unfortunately, he had decided to come back in March. Then the forum shut down...)
    Aw. Let him know that I said I'd like it if he came back and we miss him.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hugs to Ramsus and a sorry from me, too. Tensions were already high and it would have been better for all to calm down before discussing.

I'm happy Sabeki is back and I really miss usourselves&we.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

usourselves&we was awesome! Why did they leave, again?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    usourselves&we was awesome! Why did they leave, again?
    They had a Real Life issue and then because they stayed away and they were hosting a game they felt bad about it and guilt syndrome stopping them actually coming back to the forum, etc.

I second that.

And welcome back to the fray Ramsus. You and I seriously need to relive one of those QT's and catchup.

GOING TO BE AWAY FOR THE NEXT FOUR DAYS, WILL MISS A PHASE ETC ETC ETC.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2014-06-05 at 02:57 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Why would he let that stop him? I've been disappearing for months at a time practically since I got here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I can understand Guilt Syndrome. But I hope he knows that it's baseless and that nobody here will blame him for Real Life problems.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

I also understand the guilt thing, but he shouldn't let it get to him. I was afraid of coming back myself at first because I never gave a conclusion for Meta (and I'm probably not ever going to either because the amount of work involved in doing so scares me), but nobody really ever even brought it up. So the point there is that people seem to understand that these things sometimes happen and there's no use staying upset about them for long periods of time.

11. - Top - End - #251

Oh, I hope usourselves&we does come back, they were a part of the community!!!
    Tell him Sabeki knows that feel and came back anyways for me, if you could.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I should probably say what I've said privately in public too. Yay, Ramsus!

*hugs*

As for usourselvesandwe, they should no that if they don't come back I'll hate them forever...that should work, right?

On a more serious note, I understand the guilt thing too. It's one thing disappearing from a few games you're playing, but it feels worse when you duck out of games you're narrating. I've done it, and there is a moment on your return where you're frightened players might resent you for it. Of course, nobody does, but that thought does definitely cross your mind.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I've drafted the first Note mechanics for Schoolhouse Werewolf, and I'd like feedback. Too much, broken, not clear, too complex etc.

Notes

Spoiler: Note Mechanics
    Show
    This will be a restricted PM game. Private messages will be allowed, but will be assumed to be the form of notes. Therefore, there are some restrictions on them.

Note: PM from a player. This will be considered to be a note scribbled via pen or pencil on a piece of paper and passed. Every note will be written in a distinct style, which will be placed in the body of the PM. (Each player will have their own distinct type of handwriting).
    A note will always have the same format:

Title
    SHWW: Description of handwriting

Anything peculiar will be noted at the bottom in bold and italics. These are only to be written by the narrator.

Sending a note:

Notes are sent by telling the narrator the message and the receiver of the note, who will then pass along the appropriate PM. Never directly send a pm to the player you want to send a message.

Mechanics of notes:

1. The note will be considered to be writing on a piece of paper, therefore there will be one copy in the game. Exceptions to this:
    A. A sender explicitly makes copies upon creation for their own use.
    B. Someone in possession makes a copy, with their own handwriting.

2. This means notes will be manipulable:
    A. Notes can be completely or partially destroyed, and it’s the only method of completely removing a note from play. However, this must be explicitly done by contacting the Narrator. Partially destroyed notes will be indicated as such.
    B. A note can be added onto, but will forever be attached(The only way to quote a PM is by using that copy of the note). The previous note will be quoted not by a player, but instead by a writing style. Partially destroyed notes have a chance of not being able to be added onto(Quoted).

3. Every note will be given to the narrator to pass. However, in game, notes can be passed 2 ways:
    A. Directly: The player will know who passed them the note(But not who necessarily wrote it, it will still have the title for writing style), but because of the amount of attention it could bring to directly pass it, it runs the risk of being seen by other players (Restricted direct PMs that must have the narrator CC’d, same rules as normal notes). The first note of the day is guaranteed to be passed safely, each time there is a 10% increased chance of getting caught(announced to the player).
    B. Indirectly: Main method for passing notes. These will be passed by sending the note to the Narrator, who will then pass it onto the player(s) designated. The note will be completely anonymous, and will have a delay before being discovered.

4. Notes can be intentionally dropped. They will be discovered either in the main room or in one of the classrooms, depending on what time of day the note is dropped. Upon being discovered, they will be read to the whole room. and considered either public knowledge if dropped by day, or known by all players in a room at night. Within groups, notes are always destroyed.

5. Upon death, all notes currently in possession of the player is revealed. If killed by any means during the night, the killer(s) have a chance of seeing some notes on the body, which they will automatically take if they do.

Example notes

Spoiler: Example Note: Basic
    Show

Title: SHWW: Small, wide, words connected, slanted left, small tails

Body:
    Just so you know, someone is trying to kill you tonight. You should see if anyone can help keep you safe.

AskThePizzaGuy handed you this message directly.

Spoiler: Example Note: Quoted
    Show

Title: SHWW: large, narrow, block letters, no slant, large tails
    Quote Originally Posted by Small, wide, words connected, slanted left, small tails
    Just so you know, someone is trying to kill you tonight. You should see if anyone can help keep you safe.
    ATPG sent me this. Should we trust him?

You discovered this on your person. You do not know who the sender is.

Behind the scenes: In the second case case, the original PM ATPG sent and the first person received has to be destroyed, since the note is considered to be written on to make the new PM.

I'll just add the other main mechanics section, Night phases:
    Spoiler: Night Phase
    Show

Night Phase: Communication about the game will be barred in thread, as each player in game will be headed to their rooms. However, because of the nature of teenage boys and girls and the relative ease of slipping out, each player has the option of sneaking out of their room. They will then have the ability to perform their night actions and sneak out into a specific room. These rooms will take the form of QT created for the room for the night. Players who enter the rooms will be announced in the QT, which can then be used to discuss whatever they want. Because of the intimate nature of the rooms, however, Notes cannot be passed. Quicktopics cannot be sent to anyone who isn't in the room, no exceptions.

I think both of these would add interesting elements but that might be me being too high concept. Let me know.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-06-06 at 01:13 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Halfling in the Playground

I think that, at first, it might be a little odd and people might be a bit confused, but after a while they should get it. I'd play.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Would the day phases be normal or will they be restricted as well?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Only between 8:00 in the morning and, say, 3 in the afternoon.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    *kicks*

Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

So are there limits to how many notes can be written/copied/altered in a day?

Like, could I make a hundred copies of an "I will not read other people's notes" note the day I die just so you have to post it a hundred times?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, paper could make a good currency; you can only write a note if you have paper, and the paper has limited space that gets smaller every time someone uses it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Would the day phases be normal or will they be restricted as well?
    Day phases would be normal, the only difference being the PM restriction. I'll hammer out specific rules, but there won't be anything out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post

I don't know, my days are pretty much noon to midnight.

Assume 48 hour days unless this game gets huge. If it gets huge I will need a conarrator though.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    So are there limits to how many notes can be written/copied/altered in a day?

Like, could I make a hundred copies of an "I will not read other people's notes" note the day I die just so you have to post it a hundred times?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, paper could make a good currency; you can only write a note if you have paper, and the paper has limited space that gets smaller every time someone uses it.
    First Point: You would probably get one PM with a bolded and italic note at the bottom saying you are in possession of 100 copies of this note instead of sending each one individually, and the death narration might have some hints about a crazy person writing in a notebook all day. Maybe.

Second Point: I've been contemplating making each person have a limited amount of paper. I was leaning against it, but if people are already thinking of ways to abuse it I might need to make a limit.

I feel like the system will work either way, just that making a restriction of paper would add a bit more importance to each individual note. I'll think on it.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    It's especially bad on the org. That place used to have huge games all the time. Now games can't even get twenty people.
    We had that here for a short time, too. It seemed as if the game would never get going again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    I always feel like if I'm gone for too long, then I might as well stay gone. But this time I said, these people are my friends, and I ain't gonna leave them! So I came back.
    Glad you came back.

You let him know I would love to see him come back. He was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    They had a Real Life issue and then because they stayed away and they were hosting a game they felt bad about it and guilt syndrome stopping them actually coming back to the forum, etc.
    There is no way anyone would hold it against him, aside from Banjo. But he doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Well, I can understand Guilt Syndrome. But I hope he knows that it's baseless and that nobody here will blame him for Real Life problems.
    I kinda understand it. Having narrated a horrible couple games recently... I am unsure if I should be allowed to ever narrate again.

But.... I'm going to try again. I will erase the horrible memory of that one game that I will never mention again, and I will once again be respected as a good narrator....... hopefully. :(

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you need feedback on a narration that you don't mind exempting me from playing, I can ensure the game isn't broken and the design can be fun for all.

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    We had that here for a short time, too. It seemed as if the game would never get going again.

Glad you came back.

You let him know I would love to see him come back. He was fun.

There is no way anyone would hold it against him, aside from Banjo. But he doesn't count.

I kinda understand it. Having narrated a horrible couple games recently... I am unsure if I should be allowed to ever narrate again.

But.... I'm going to try again. I will erase the horrible memory of that one game that I will never mention again, and I will once again be respected as a good narrator....... hopefully. :(
    I really quite enjoyed Fate/Stay III...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #263

@ TFT: The note system seems a bit complex on first read, but I think I get it. If the Disney WW I'm planning doesn't pan out, I'd love to co-narrate with you! And I also agree with the limited paper idea. Maybe everyone starts out with a binder filled with x amount of paper, that dwindles over time? Or maybe every line in the pm would have to be a line of paper (and no changing fonts for more room!) that they spend? Will there be any special roles, or will it be kind of vanilla besides the note system?

@Lex: I'm glad I came back to

Anyways, as for Disney WW, I'm not quite sure how many roles I should make. It seems thee's been a small decline, but I'm not sure what the general player modicum is per game (Not sure I used that word right ) and I want to make it a game with lots of roles so everyone can feel like a main character. Or I could make a Background Character class that's pretty much neutral and who's only power is logic
    What do you guys think?
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Halfling in the Playground

I think that I want to be Elsa so I can sing "Let it Go" in thread constantly.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I think that I want to be Elsa so I can sing "Let it Go" in thread constantly.
    I get this now. Also the snowman thing.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hi all. I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been having some internet access troubles and my play will be limited for a while. I've been thinking about what I'll be able to contribute and I think I'll be able to spend about 30 minutes on each game I'm in per day phase. On average. I may not be able to post each day phase (though I will do my best to avoid ALing). I considered dropping out of my games altogether, but I thought most people would find this preferable.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

In case some people don't check WW Central, Do It Yourself WW is recruiting.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Jarema
    Guest in the Playground

Do you want to play game of mafia where death is not the end? Where lynched or killed players can be the biggest asset for their teams? Where ghosts speak (sometimes) with the living?
    If so, join my Ghost Town game at civfanatics.
    Game will start at the middle of july. Feel invited!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528158

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Note to all:

I recently got infected by Plague Inc Evolved, which I just downloaded from Steam, which I just downloaded to get Plague Inc Evolved.

So, I might be at my computer, but I might not see your private messages and/or thread updates for several hours at a stretch.

Now to kill off the entire human race again.

I have weird hobbies.

Also I'm not quill18, but he's the one who infected me with this game since I stumbled across his let's play.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

We need two more people for playground squares. Tired of spreadsheets and endless back and forth? Stressed about getting caught as a wolf? Worried you're not pulling your weight as a vanilla villager? Forget that passe mafia stuff, come play squares, where we skip all the nitty gritty and move straight to possibly lying to two contentants with no discernible consequences