Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Name: Sein, the Slavemaster, Master of All Beings, Enchanter of Maidens

Played By: HalfTangible

Domains and Portfolios: Life (Fertility), Authority (Slavery)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Sein is the master that even the strong and independent would gladly serve. His voice carries the welcoming warmth of a father and the tyrannical strength of a king. To disobey is to learn what it means to love the lash. He is the desire and envy of all who look upon him, and it feels natural to throw away your life at his command. His appearance is fluid and can change both at his whim and the desires of those around him. To those he is attempting to seduce, his dark elven form appears as the ideal physical partner. To those who he gives orders, he is whomever you would gladly obey. No matter who or what is before him, Sein will either teach it the meaning of pleasure, or teach it the meaning of pain.

Artsy and flowery stuff aside, Sein is the god of slavery. He commands respect whether those beneath him believe he deserves it or not. However, taking advantage of his evident connection to reproduction, he carefully crafts his image to both mortals and his fellow gods as a simple pervert, only interested in growing his harem. In reality, however, he is far more dangerous. While it is true that Sein enjoys recruiting beautiful maidens to serve him personally of their own volition, he can break and subsume the will of anyone he wishes, turning them into nothing but puppets that dance at his whim. Even without breaking wills like glass, he is a master manipulator, applying pleasure, devotion, fear and pain right where they are needed to accomplish his goals. Only he and his progenitor know just how powerful he truly is, and neither wish to tell.

Sein is also a god of fertility. Many of the men and women who serve him do so in exchange for the opportunity to bear many children, a request Sein is happy to oblige. Amongst all the mortals and gods, worshippers of Sein are the most likely to bear more children than usual for their race and find themselves always ready to bring more into the flock. Sein also is commonly known for granting barren mothers and incapable fathers the ability to bear children again, and all they have to do is agree that they and their children will worship him until the day they die.

What is less well-known is that those who break this deal will never think for themselves again.

Sein is an extremely indirect god, preferring to act through agents or slaves rather than step into the ring personally. This is a good thing for him, as he is not a particularly powerful deity in combat owing both to his lack of interest and lack of combat artifacts. However, he is possessed of a quick wit and silver tongue, easily able to work his way into favorable positions amongst mortals. The gods are not as easily swayed, but they are not immune to slavemaster's charm.

... Well that was kinda long >.>

Anywhere I can brush up on the world as-is real quick? I'll try and read through the previous threads, but that's over 1500 posts per completed thread and it's not like Sein will know most of that anyway, since he's only just now being born.

Again, I'll read it - Just know it'll take a while.
    Consider yourself approved!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hmmm... if Sein is to take the form of an Elf... who else to birth him than the Elf goddess of Tyranny? Considering she is currently busy having rumpey pumpey with her new husband, this could be a good opportunity to have him drop in. Although I do say in that case Sein will really resemble his mother... I mean... appearing as the ideal physical partner? Kar'Vode'an is already doing that.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2014-07-04 at 06:45 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Hmmm... if Sein is to take the form of an Elf... who else to birth him than the Elf goddess of Tyranny? Considering she is currently busy having rumpey pumpey with her new husband, this could be a good opportunity to have him drop in. Although I do say in that case Sein will really resemble his mother... I mean... appearing as the ideal physical partner? Kar'Vode'an is already doing that.
    *shrug* Up t'you guys, really. I could go either way.

To the OOC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Come on, Half. You know your plan. Can't stop, won't stop.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

Extended Sig

Brother of Battle by Emperor Ing

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, I just got into god games and they are pretty awesome. Do we have a god of love and war yet? If not, I'd like to jump in as one

After more reading, fertility and crusades are taken, so in that case, how about communication and materialism: think profit based golbalization as a theme
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2014-07-04 at 11:08 AM.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Love and War are taken, Though I must once again say that we have a current shortage of elemental gods, fire and water being the only ones taken.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Love and War are taken, Though I must once again say that we have a current shortage of elemental gods, fire and water being the only ones taken.
    In that case i might take whatever element encompasses electricity and merge that with communications for my god of globalism and profit. or earth for gold and material resources. Is earth and communication good?
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

i like it. Write it up sans large and we'll see what comes.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Earth and communications could work, though we need to probably invent currency for the real fun of wealth wars.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Naer'Va does take the form of a Drow elf most of the time now. Plus I made slavery.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Earth and communications could work, though we need to probably invent currency for the real fun of wealth wars.
    What's been created so far? If there is no currency I know where all my points this week are going. I got to actually write something up now though

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

We have a wiki. It's not up to date fully, though, as there are races not included, but hey, it's a start at least. We also just got palantirs from our god of secrets (closed concept), and the second god of greed made wargs, dwarves, and bat people. God of luck made gambling, but I think he's out by now. Visit Verenzano if you want to mess with it, I think I'm the only active god of the city left and would welcome assistance in fleshing it out inside the walls.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Tentative rough draft

Spoiler
    Show
    Zahav-Zalal: The Faceless Legion, The Hunger Below, The Golden Glutton
    Alignment: Neutral (corporatism, red in tooth and claw)
    Portfolios and Domains: Earth (Material Wealth) and Communications (Same as a domain)
    Player: DoctorGlock

More. More! MORE!

Zahav-Zalal doesn't have prophets, he drives profits. he is the impetus behind every transaction and the soul of exchange. Wealth. He is the drive to obtain wealth at all costs and controll wealth across all areas. He desires open communication between all peoples and peace and plenty, the perfect environment for economic expansion (though given that his corroding fingers stain military industrial complexes, a war every now and then is great for profits!) and therefore more people buying. Buying more stuff that they probably don't need. But accumulating material goods.

Because at the end of the day it is not who loved the most, who shaped art or led nations. It's about whoever dies with the most stuff

Zahav can supply those goods. From his bones and guts, the very earth, come a host of wealth. Gold. Diamonds. Iron. Oil. Coal. Raw materials begging to be transformed into the idea of value.

And all value is his, after all.

He is a master of negotiation, and can write laws and treaties like no other. always with a profitable angle of course. He desires all people to be literate so that a simple message can be sent out, bound in paper or writ in clay or blasted from trumpets...

Consume

Hmmmmm, you want Verenzano to become a cross between Wall Street and Washington DC?
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2014-07-04 at 05:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Looks good to me! Approved.

PM me if you want to be spawned in by our favorite God of War.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    Tentative rough draft

Spoiler
    Show
    Zahav-Zalal: The Faceless Legion, The Hunger Below, The Golden Glutton
    Alignment: Neutral (corporatism, red in tooth and claw)
    Portfolios and Domains: Earth (Material Wealth) and Communications (Same as a domain)
    Player: DoctorGlock

More. More! MORE!

Zahav-Zalal doesn't have prophets, he drives profits. he is the impetus behind every transaction and the soul of exchange. Wealth. He is the drive to obtain wealth at all costs and controll wealth across all areas. He desires open communication between all peoples and peace and plenty, the perfect environment for economic expansion (though given that his corroding fingers stain military industrial complexes, a war every now and then is great for profits!) and therefore more people buying. Buying more stuff that they probably don't need. But accumulating material goods.

Because at the end of the day it is not who loved the most, who shaped art or led nations. It's about whoever dies with the most stuff

Zahav can supply those goods. From his bones and guts, the very earth, come a host of wealth. Gold. Diamonds. Iron. Oil. Coal. Raw materials begging to be transformed into the idea of value.

And all value is his, after all.

He is a master of negotiation, and can write laws and treaties like no other. always with a profitable angle of course. He desires all people to be literate so that a simple message can be sent out, bound in paper or writ in clay or blasted from trumpets...

Consume

Hmmmmm, you want Verenzano to become a cross between Wall Street and Washington DC?
    Approved. And would you like to be birthed by our favorite Goddess of Vermin and Disease. The consuming greed bit sounds a lot like the Skizzik mindset.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Looks good to me! Approved.

PM me if you want to be spawned in by our favorite God of War.
    Who are the spawning options?

If I get spawned by war then I might end up a very military industrial complex oriented individual, which would run contrary to absolute globalism...

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Considering the steps taken so far in Verenzano, we are already a major trading area (need to make it expand towards the sea soon, or bring the sea to me), and we have ended up tied to multiple races as is.

Chaos could spawn you too.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-07-04 at 05:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'd actually recommend you create your very own Merchant City. Perhaps something like a Merchant Republic. (Think Venice) I say we have too few major cities in this world. It wouldn't hurt to have another one created.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Considering the steps taken so far in Verenzano, we are already a major trading area (need to make it expand towards the sea soon, or bring the sea to me), and we have ended up tied to multiple races as is.

Chaos could spawn you too.
    Sounds good as a place. I think I'll take corruption god as spawner and Verenzano as a place. My first acts are likely to be introducing currency and supernaturally skilled businessmen. Gonna try to establish whatever my home city is as a massive wealth spawning hub of production

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

This is true, however if he has influence over both, or sets up multiple, that means he can promote competition and garner wealth under his own name.

EDIT: I'm not corruption, per se, I spread life.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-07-04 at 06:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

This is true, however if he has influence over both, or sets up multiple, that means he can promote competition and garner wealth under his own name.

EDIT: I'm not corruption, per se, I spread life.
    well, that was more in response to darklady. Though I should ask who is able to spawn other gods.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meant to link this here. Anyway, surprisingly enough Naer'Va is not a goddess of corruption, though she is struggle and strife. Art and Kereth have the most kids, by the way.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, if you bargain well, and aren't a tool, Kereth might allow you to use ships and sails to promote your wealthy trading empire.

Of course, there are pirates that sail these waters.

who have nothing to pirate

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

What are they supposed to pirate when boats are a closed concept?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

What are they supposed to pirate when boats are a closed concept?
    closed concept?

And from what I am reading Kereth seems to be about death, souls and psychopompy, how did you get control of shipping?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He's a diverse god. He is also navigation and related things, and happened to bring boats in. However, he's playing it so it's not available to anyone he does not allow the advanced boats be allowed to.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-07-04 at 06:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran has spawned a pretty wide range of gods so a military industrial complex is hardly needed.

However, I do have an idea for a fun Toraq tribe that could fit into your plans if you're a child of Artoran. Fun things could happen.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

we'll have to start working on exclusive trade treaties then, lack of naval transport is terrible for wealth generation!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    closed concept?

And from what I am reading Kereth seems to be about death, souls and psychopompy, how did you get control of shipping?
    He created Ships, plus he's also a god of Guides. His Wayfarers are neutral guides through any and all territory (Save perhaps the Elven Dominions and Skizzblight). And a closed concept is one that a player decides to make but not share freely with other gods, meaning that the creator of the concept is the only one with the ability to spread said concept (unless someone spends the AP to make the concept again).

And the others are right, Naer'Va isn't a goddess of corruption. She's a goddess of natural selection and life. If you want me to spawn you, I can do it shortly.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    He created Ships, plus he's also a god of Guides. His Wayfarers are neutral guides through any and all territory (Save perhaps the Elven Dominions and Skizzblight). And a closed concept is one that a player decides to make but not share freely with other gods, meaning that the creator of the concept is the only one with the ability to spread said concept (unless someone spends the AP to make the concept again).

And the others are right, Naer'Va isn't a goddess of corruption. She's a goddess of natural selection and life. If you want me to spawn you, I can do it shortly.
    Hmmmmm, pestilence is a good start for consuming and corrupting greed. I'll take it!

Is there a list of things that exist so far and what are open and closed?

I am going to probably do banking as closed

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth is more than willing to talk about ships with other gods IC. And that would be Navigation (Seafarers) in case you were wondering how ships came under Kereth's auspices.

Banking as closed is probably a good idea, as only your city would have banks/be able to limit how they worked.

But closed currency would be foolish, as then no one would use it. :)
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-07-04 at 06:39 PM.