Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void

Damn. I'll wait until the first combat to make my god since that's what my origin revolves around. Here's my app until then.

Name: Artoran, the Herald of Destruction
    Played By: Arcran
    Domains and Portfolios: Destruction (War), Rage (Bloodlust)
    Alignment: CE
    Description: A thick, squat ugly creature with a face that looks as if it has been smashed, Artoran strides tall, thick muscles covering his body. His hide is almost like leather, deflecting weapons of both divine and mundane. Artoran is naked now but will someday be clad in the destruction of his armor.
    Personality: Artoran is harsh, cruel, and without mercy. Arising from the spilled blood of [first deity to get in a fight] all Artoran knows is war, bloodshed and destruction. He doesn't waste his time with pretty words or construction of great cities. There is no sorcery, no wordplay, only strength in battle. There are the winners and the losers who, frankly, are dead. Artoran knows this. Those that can understand his rules and live up to them Artoran will respect, those that cannot will die.
    Deific Plans: He will establish his own realm, one of war, strife, and bloodshed and, someday, unleash it upon all the other gods have created and bathe in the blood of his enemies. Artoran was born of blood and would find himself covered in blood once more, whether it be his own or that of the lesser gods. Of course, it takes strength to accomplish this. While Artoran alone may be strong, he'll need allies to truly be the destructive force.

Race Plans: I don't have the idea completely nailed down, but think part Krogan, part Dothraki and part Spartan. Harsh, warlike, brutal; their entire society will revolve around combat. The whole world of their existence will be filled with deadly creatures to condition them to be almost unbeatable in war. Of course, their world will be full of all the appropriate resources to outfit this army.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-04-30 at 05:15 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Just waiting on Muja to start the age of man and for Venetian Mask to make some posts, I'm currently following the game I plan on jumping in as soon as the conditions are right for my god to appear. I plan on having it tied to both Nester and the deity responsible for creating humans.

Do you mind if I post my character now or do you want me to wait until the god would actually be created? I'm kinda itching to get him out there that way somebody doesn't come along and use the domains that I want to use
    I don't know why you're wearing men's clothes you're obviously an attractive woman.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

I say just make it now, you can always change some details after it's posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Damn. I'll wait until the first combat to make my god since that's what my origin revolves around. Here's my app until then.

Name: Artoran, the Herald of Destruction
    Played By: Arcran
    Domains and Portfolios: Destruction (War), Rage (Bloodlust)
    Alignment: CE
    Description: A thick, squat ugly creature with a face that looks as if it has been smashed, Artoran strides tall, thick muscles covering his body. His hide is almost like leather, deflecting weapons of both divine and mundane. Artoran is naked now but will someday be clad in the destruction of his armor.

Artoran is harsh, cruel, and without mercy. Arising from the spilled blood of [first deity to get in a fight] all Artoran knows is war, bloodshed and destruction. He will establish his own realm, one of war, strife, and bloodshed and, someday, unleash it upon all the other gods have created and bathe in the blood of his enemies. Artoran was born of blood and would find himself covered in blood once more, whether it be his own or that of the lesser gods.

While I like the concept (and my god and yours will probably be working together, or at least you will be subverting my works in al probability ) it's a little to the barebones side. I'll accept it if you expand a little more.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    While I like the concept (and my god and yours will probably be working together, or at least you will be subverting my works in al probability ) it's a little to the barebones side. I'll accept it if you expand a little more.
    Tried to expand a bit more; until there's an actual combat in the game I can't mark the specifics of his creation but the rest is conceptually there.

Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

heres my god (think i want natures wrath to create me)
    Name: Volkahff, The Eternal Witch
    Played by: _volcan_
    Domains and Portfolios: Growth (Forest) Darkness (Canopy)
    Alignment: NE
    Description: Volkahff resembles a Giant, muscular, black* man of about 8 feet tall he carrys two whips mad from vines and he wheres gold hoop earrings and a skull madaliion around his neck. He wheres no shirt but a leafy cloth/skirt around his waist. his chest is slightly tranluscent sortof showing a dark green heart

Volkahff loves to spread curruption, forest, plants, disease and darkness. He shrouds out the sun with his forests canopy and hates the light. His heart is made of wood and leaves and is dark and cruel. He got created and saw that he loathed the sun and wants to protect the earth from it by covering it with forest. He loves animals (mostly beasts) and though he likes humans at a safe distance he knows he could use them to his beasts and forests benefit, becoming witches and choosing the path of evil over good.

is there links to IC and OOC threads?
    EDIT: found them
    Last edited by Volcan; 2014-04-30 at 06:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: Zenirand, Master of Contracts
    Played By: ChaosPerfected.
    Domains and Portfolios: Work (Labor/Toil), Commerce (Trade)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil.
    Description: Zenirand is radiant to beyond and glows with the glint of a thousand jewels. He is so ridiculously and elaborately so covered that you can't even tell what he wears underneath although it is likely made of an expensive and unknown godly material. The whole dramatic flair is meant to inspire jealously. His face is obscured by a mask of stone that portrays a completely blank expression; it's said that this is because all mortals are equal to him, or to simply hide his true game from showing on his face. Although there may in fact be no substance below the body of stone and jewels.. a reflection of his true nature.

Zenirand inspires those below him to greatness by being the perfection of the idea of self-improvement. He will create and observe but never move to protect or coddle his creations because it would rob them of the experience of helping themselves. The teachings of Zenirand implore you to chase your own self-interest and the only moral purpose in life is to seek one's own happiness independent of what it does to others. In the real world a mortal is, logically, a heroic being in his own mind that puts his own happiness first with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life and, with this reasoning, personal achievement as the hall-marks of a well-lived existence. Altruism is death; both for the rich man being gutted for his wealth, and for the end of struggle and change that charity brings. Those that don't work will never improve themselves. And what you gain from this work can be bartered for further wealth and property, a business transaction, but it's up to the other mortal to look out for their own personal happiness by reading the fine print. Life is given to a mortal, survival is not. You can not obtain food without knowledge of food and the way to obtain it, you can not accomplish anything without a knowledge of your aim and the means to achieve it. To remain alive, you must think and learn through hard work. To truly live life, you must never live for the sake of another.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

@Arcran: Approved, we're going to have lots of fun you and I.
    @_volcan_: I'd like to see a little more backstory than two lines. The concept seems decent, so I'll probably approve it once you expand on it.
    @ChaosPerfected: Approved, want me to spawn you? Seems a god of labor and commerce would be right at home as the child of technology.

EDIT: I'd like to note that I'm seeing a ton of evil gods here, this is going to end up a real crapsack world like this.
    Last edited by Venetian Mask; 2014-04-30 at 06:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

That'd be great. I can put in some additional fluff about having metal in my composition because at the moment Zenirand is only made of rock and precious stones if you don't mind. I choose Lawful Evil because I didn't see any other evil guys that were lawful. What alignment is Nester?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

If you'd like I could swap to a good god to try to even out the tables but, in concept, I like this one quite a bit more.

Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

1 i changed his backstory its a bit longer now
    2 if u want ill choose a completely new god, a good one i think i have some good ideas. i do like this one though

12. - Top - End - #42

It's fairly balanced right now i believe. We have 4 gods that are good (Celestine, Kereth, Chururus and Domi) 4 Neutral, (Mersahj, Elafriel, Attraxxii, and Nester), and 1 Evil (Aetherys) So both of your gods would bring Evil up to 4 and make it 4G, 4N, 4E.
    Last edited by Xunthrae; 2014-04-30 at 06:29 PM.
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds good. Now if somebody could just stab somebody else...

Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Made by man to be a god in his image, things didn't go as planned and it found its own path.

Name: (Nameless) Though those that worship him, generally refer to him as Mobius.
    Titles: The Nameless Construct of Infinite Potential, The God in the Machine, The Artificial God.
    Domains: Hope and Potential
    Symbol: A mobius strip on the forehead of a creature or construct.
    Alignment: NG
    About: The Artificial God, is as the title describes, a god made by man. Designed by mortals to be a god who would answer to them, things went wrong when he was made and he had to discover his own path, luckily without the help of his creators. It was through his journeys that the nameless construct became what he represents, hope. Through his journey he found a soul of his own and with it ignited the divine spark inside him. He is most commonly worshipped by the poor individuals who have lost their souls or never had one to begin with, and by those who have gone through the same journey that he did.
    Personality: The nameless construct is a stern but caring entity. It seeks to right what is wrong and help those in need (especially those without souls). It will listen to those in need and believes itself to be the god of all constructs intelligent enough to worship one. Though it may seem to represent artificial beings the machine god favors them no more than any of its other followers.
    Appearance: Mobius generally appears as a metal construct of obvious artificial origin, adorned with the symbol of infinity upon his brow. The design of the machine that he appears as resembles whatever construct the individual has been most exposed to going so far as to appear as a near mirror version of its construct followers. Though he has no actual gender he is generally identified as male by his followers though there are those sects that believe otherwise.

The Nameless God is the progeny of the god of technology, being technology himself, and the creators of man for their creations are the ones who made him.
    I don't know why you're wearing men's clothes you're obviously an attractive woman.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

okee dokee thought they were more unbalanced

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

@_volcan_: With the current update you get an Approved from me. Chat in the OC to find someone to spawn you. (As a note, please take a little more care with spelling and grammar).
    @ChaosPerfected: True Neutral actually, and I may have misread the balance a bit
    @Inanae Gestures: Approved, and I understand you want to be spawned by me too? Tech is going to have a large family like this

Also people, poke me for access to the wiki after you've been accepted.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

thx, sorry for the spelling and grammar try better in the future

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

It just makes a lot of sense for a sentient construct built by man to become a god to be connected to the god of technology

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by _volcan_ View Post
    thx, sorry for the spelling and grammar try better in the future
    I think he is probably referring to the shorthand/text speak as well as the lack of capitalization and punctuation.
    Thanks to spectralphoenix for the great Avatar.

20. - Top - End - #50

Illium, The Teller of Stories
    Played By: Dorian Gray
    Domains and Portfolios: Knowledge (Stories), Travel (Journeys)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Description: Illium isn't a court scholar, nor is he an old arcanist or a well-dressed orator. He is the old man who casts shadows on the cave wall with his hands while telling of dragons and gods, the wanderer from the town nobody has heard of who brings news of valiant heroes, great wars, and how you had better buy lots of salt from the next trader, because it's going to get more scarce soon. He wears a thick cloak dyed in some shade of dark brown or gray that rain rolls off of like compliments roll off of a lover. His boots are fantastically soft and warm, and are worn from ten thousand miles of walking.

Illium is the guardian of the old knowledge, the stories told by old grandmothers and mysterious men. He is the patron of peaceful wanderers and storytellers, the ones who grow king's lace in their gardens and know to lay out a pool of ox blood on the day of the solstice. He makes sure small towns hundreds of miles from civilization are not overwhelmed by the wild, and keeps the narrow roads safe (relatively). He wants to make sure that no story is ever completely forgotten, and wants travelers to arrive alive, but not untested, from their journeys- after all, every story needs a struggle.
    Last edited by Dorian Gray; 2014-04-30 at 08:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, I'm going to have a lot of trouble reading your posts if they're all like that, Volcan.

Aw, I wanted to pick up Travel later. lol
    Last edited by ChaosPerfected; 2014-04-30 at 09:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosPerfected View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to have a lot of trouble reading your posts if they're all like that, Volcan.

Aw, I wanted to pick up Travel later. lol
    I'm sure we can work out a time-share sort of thing.
    Last edited by Dorian Gray; 2014-04-30 at 09:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler: Widow, Aberrant Nursemaid
    Show
    Widow, the Nursemaid
    Played By: Neopteryx
    Domains and Portfolios: Motherhood (Nests & Dens), Beasts (Aberrations)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Fundamentally benevolent, but heedless of long-term consequences.)
    Description: Widow is always represented as an enormous invertebrate, most often a spider or scorpion, though she has taken stranger forms. She acts as a foster mother to the creatures she perceives as being cast-offs, unfortunates, abortions. She is mercurial in her selections, but her compassion for her chosen is unending... to their unending dismay. For while Widow is a deity of motherhood, she is equally one of mutation, and she never heals but she improves, in her alien, short sighted way, and her adopted children become something other than they were- and rarely anything they would choose to become.

On the other hand, if one simply must make a deal with a devil, they would be hard-pressed to find a more caring dealer than the matronly insect, mother of monsters.

I was thinking Elafriel would make the most sense as a progenitor, but she could potentially come from either of the other nature deities, or from somewhere else entirely, I suppose.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

@ Dorian Gray and @ Neopteryx

I like them. Approved

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Would just like to mention that yes, once you've been approved feel free to go to the OoC (which is linked further back in the thread) and ask for a progenitor. If you look at the wiki (aka ObsidianPortal) link that's floating around somewhere, it'll show what gods are currently in the game. I need to definitely work on that table too to make sure everyone is in it.. >_< And to put in people who have yet to be born, but have been approved.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neopteryx View Post
    Spoiler: Widow, Aberrant Nursemaid
    Show
    Widow, the Nursemaid
    Played By: Neopteryx
    Domains and Portfolios: Motherhood (Nests & Dens), Beasts (Aberrations)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Fundamentally benevolent, but heedless of long-term consequences.)
    Description: Widow is always represented as an enormous invertebrate, most often a spider or scorpion, though she has taken stranger forms. She acts as a foster mother to the creatures she perceives as being cast-offs, unfortunates, abortions. She is mercurial in her selections, but her compassion for her chosen is unending... to their unending dismay. For while Widow is a deity of motherhood, she is equally one of mutation, and she never heals but she improves, in her alien, short sighted way, and her adopted children become something other than they were- and rarely anything they would choose to become.

On the other hand, if one simply must make a deal with a devil, they would be hard-pressed to find a more caring dealer than the matronly insect, mother of monsters.

I was thinking Elafriel would make the most sense as a progenitor, but she could potentially come from either of the other nature deities, or from somewhere else entirely, I suppose.
    I've always adored the 'Mother of Monsters' archetype, it has such interesting potential. Also spiders are objectively terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    No matter how straitjacketed a society, not matter how powerful and divine the authority at the subjective top, there will always, always be dissent of some sort.
    Gillian Tristarrom, the Stillborn Spark: Deceased/30 AP

Cuthalion's Avatar Service: More fun than a barrel full of Aasimar

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Attraxxii could also create her since he is creating aberrations. He himself is modeled after a Beholder, and I have plans to create several aberrant creatures, as well as lycanthropy, undead, and various monstrous creatures.

Also, since the Avian are a gift, does that make them mine (AKA, can I alter than as if altering my own creations?) since it is assumed I have permission to do so.

28. - Top - End - #58

I'd be down with being the progenitor of her aswell, Mersahj is planning on making some monsters of the deep.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Do we get new AP on Thursday (today?) or on Sunday?
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Do we get new AP on Thursday (today?) or on Sunday?
    Believe it says saturday (7pm gmt) ^^