Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void

ooze not good enough for you
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    ooze not good enough for you
    I swear, watching the IC unfold, there's going to be an age immediately after Yooo ascends from a Fledgling God where every god drops what they're doing and spends all of their weekly AP on de-oozifying the material plane .

Although, from the Mechanicus' standpoint, I wonder if it could be used as a type of lubricant...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

The ooze serves the Wayfinders well enough, and they don't really need to change it, since they can move around it, through it, and use it without harm. Plus ooze seems to be the primary source of magic in the world, which means removing it would effectively harm those that rely on ooze viewing for prophecy.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

So far Artoran has no reason to hate Yoo and the ooze hasn't limited him so, at least for now, there's no reason for him to mess with the goo.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCheseCake View Post
    I swear, watching the IC unfold, there's going to be an age immediately after Yooo ascends from a Fledgling God where every god drops what they're doing and spends all of their weekly AP on de-oozifying the material plane .

Although, from the Mechanicus' standpoint, I wonder if it could be used as a type of lubricant...
    shut up man I have plans for this ooze beyond lubrication...we're talking a fabled concept here its just a while out is all I still need to take care of a few things...like within the next 12 ap or so give or take an ap or two I'm going to do something big with the ooze
    I don't know why you're wearing men's clothes you're obviously an attractive woman.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Inane Gestures View Post
    shut up man I have plans for this ooze beyond lubrication...we're talking a fabled concept here its just a while out is all I still need to take care of a few things...like within the next 12 ap or so give or take an ap or two I'm going to do something big with the ooze
    Oh, well in that case your secret is safe with me!

Move along people; nothing to ooz-- er, see here.
    Last edited by FlyingCheseCake; 2014-05-07 at 04:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

An LoC!? With Mynxae and Mystic!? *Rubs hands together slightly maniacally* This is gonna be FUN!

Scarto, Herald of Progress
    Played By: FlyingCheseCake
    Domains and Portfolios: Artifice (Progress), Force (Electromagnetism)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Description: Scarto appears as an amalgamation of scrap metal, discarded parts, and various tools. These items are ceaselessly moving about a central point, causing the deity to appear almost fluid in nature. Its shape is eternally changing, sometimes at will to fit a certain need, but more often without any willful guidance, as if it is unconsciously trying to piece items together in new and creative ways.

Dogma: "The Means are the Ends"

Scarto is the embodiment and incarnation of the inevitability of change and progress. As mortals have begun to grasp the fundamentals of craftsmanship and artifice, it was inevitable that they would turn these new-found abilities on the world about them, taming and bending it to their needs and wills. Such was progress born. But progress is impatient. Forward! Onward! Upward! Better, Faster...MORE! The changes produced fed the needs of the mortals, but those needs in turn grew and demanded more changes. Into this unending cycle is Scarto born; but now that progress is here, it waits for no one. Scarto will be the midwife to the future of mortals in this cosmos...but a birth is often a painful and messy affair.
    Scarto may be threading on my deities domains there. What way are you planning on going with him?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Sounds like Yooo would be great parent for you .

It would make an interesting dynamic between you and I - We've been rivals, Brothers, Equals, and I've been your child, But you were never mine
    I'd be delighted to be your child, Mystic!

Now to read the IC from start to finish.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    Scarto may be threading on my deities domains there. What way are you planning on going with him?
    I'm trying to find that happy spot between the three Mechanicus gods currently in play. The rough idea (I haven't fleshed it out entirely since I figured I probably have to tweak the concept) is this: Nester grants mortals the spark of creativity in order to invent new ideas and machines, which collectively applied to the world about them can be considered 'progress'. I'm viewing 'progress' as a an entity that, while not life itself, at least has the most basic urge of all life: to reproduce. Progress itself wants more progress. Scarto personifies that urge; he is an enabler. Nester represents the power to create, Mobius represents those ultimate creations (at least how I interpret Mobius at the moment, I could be off), Scarto represents the tools, materials, and resources that make up the process that enables one to go from idea to item.

So, I wouldn't create the concept of blacksmithing, but I would create pockets of iron and coal...and maybe strip mining so that there's more of it available for use. No one ever said progress wasn't messy and dangerous.

I'll be on the IRC for a while, if you'd like to hash things out.
    Last edited by FlyingCheseCake; 2014-05-07 at 05:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, that seems like enough of a difference (note that the mechanicus have four deities btw, Kereth is also one of them). Consider yourself Approved. Now while I already have two childer I don't mind siring another. Although both of Nesters kids might be good parents for you too. We need some third generation gods after all

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to find that happy spot between the three Mechanicus gods currently in play. The rough idea (I haven't fleshed it out entirely since I figured I probably have to tweak the concept) is this: Nester grants mortals the spark of creativity in order to invent new ideas and machines, which collectively applied to the world about them can be considered 'progress'. I'm viewing 'progress' as a an entity that, while not life itself, at least has the most basic urge of all life: to reproduce. Progress itself wants more progress. Scarto personifies that urge; he is an enabler. Nester represents the power to create, Mobius represents those ultimate creations (at least how I interpret Mobius at the moment, I could be off), Scarto represents the tools, materials, and resources that make up the process that enables one to go from idea to item.

So, I wouldn't create the concept of blacksmithing, but I would create pockets of iron and coal...and maybe strip mining so that there's more of it available for use. No one ever said progress wasn't messy and dangerous.

I'll be on the IRC for a while, if you'd like to hash things out.
    Too late, I made blacksmithing.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Too late, I made blacksmithing.
    Well, I wasn't going to, anyway, so nyah

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Faines, The Rhythmic Fire
    Played By: ThePhantom
    Domains and Portfolios: Fire (Volcano) and Music (Ritual)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Description: Faines shows himself as a young man, wearing an orange cloak with very long sleeves and a multitude of red scarves, each ending in a continually burning flame. Heís usually found either humming or singing a song to himself, watching as something, or someone burns.
    Most worship of this deity involves a large fire and songs, but this is not to attract his attention. No, this is so he remains passive for this place, instead of raising up one of his mountains of fire or sending his lesser flames to rampage. Only the bitter or the foolish would directly ask for his aid, for to do so requires that someone must burn, either the worshiper, or others, through perhaps if one had a great gift of music it might be possible to escape the flames.
    Personality: Faines is fascinated by fire, itís his blood and his gift. To see the world bathed in flames, with the chorus of the screams, the crackle of things being refined to their purest; that would make him so very happy. A pity that he has not yet found a way to make this glory last for eternity. So for now, heíll settle for lesser fires and music.

Not really sure which god he's a child of through.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-05-08 at 11:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Description: Faines shows himself as a young man, wearing an orange cloak with very long sleeves and a multitude of red scarves, each ending in a continually burning flame. Heís usually found either humming or singing a song to himself, watching as something, or someone burns.
    Most worship of this deity involves a large fire and songs, but this is not to attract his attention. No, this is so he remains passive for this place, instead of raising up one of his mountains of fire or sending his lesser flames to rampage. Only the bitter or the foolish would directly ask for his aid, for to do so requires that someone must burn, either the worshiper, or others, through perhaps if one had a great gift of music it might be possible to escape the flames.
    Personality: Faines is fascinated by fire, itís his blood and his gift. To see the world bathed in flames, with the chorus of the screams, the crackle of things being refined to their purest; that would make him so very happy. A pity that he has not yet found a way to make this glory last for eternity. So for now, heíll settle for lesser fires and music.

A god that likes killing, destruction and the screams of mortals? Sounds like somebody Artoran would spawn to me.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

I could bring you in as well- but I doubt I'd like you.

16. - Top - End - #106

A god of destruction does seems more fitting than a god of knowledge.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Did anyone approve you already?

You know you shouldn't be making plans without being approved.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    Did anyone approve you already?

You know you shouldn't be making plans without being approved.
    Oh, my mistake then.

editV Well, thank you then.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-05-09 at 10:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Look at the bolded word
    Last edited by Venetian Mask; 2014-05-09 at 10:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, it feels like its been forever and a half since I've been in an LoC game, and I've gotten bored, so why not break out my old favorite who will hopefully turn out as intended this time!

Heramaes, the Lord of Luck
    Played By: TheSapientOne
    Domains: Luck (Probability), Law (Oath)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Description: There is reason to his madness, although he'd much rather you didn't believe that. Heramaes is a deity obsessed with the balance of reality, keeping good, evil, chaos, and order all in check in order to keep the scales balanced. In order to accomplish this simple goal he acts as an agent for one, namely chaos, in order to keep everything relatively under control. To this end he regularly engages in the mortal world, tipping the scales as they slide out of place to keep everything balanced for all sides. This is why the mortal races recognize him as the Lord of Luck, as his favor in anything could easily decide their success or failure, and most every mortal aware of his existence is convinced he plays sides, favoring one group over another. And to be fair, this is completely accurate. Heramaes chooses those he favors not from some form of godly admiration for who they are and what they have done, but because he actually likes them and would rather see they succeed than fail. In fact, Heramaes is one of the most, for lack of a better word, human gods there is. He'd much rather involve himself directly with mortal affairs than act as some unseen guiding hand, and he chooses to live in the guise of a mortal when committing his dealings. For whatever reason Heramaes almost appears to resent his status as a god, largely trying to distance himself from the other deities save for when it serves him. Even then he keeps his dealings with his fellow deities as short and precise as possible, quick to return to the mortals he prefers. However, there is one commonality between his human and godly dealings: to Heramaes, a deal is paramount. For Heramaes, an oath, promise, or any kind of deal is something that cannot in any way be broken, and in the case of his mortal dealings it literally cannot without the intervention of another divine. His word is his bond, but he also expects the same of the other deities, and hates cheaters above all else.

Appearance-wise, Heramaes takes on the appearance of the mortal race he is currently dealing with, although he always possesses shining silver hair (or the equivalent of) and glimmering golden eyes (or the equivalent of). His dress is always fairly simple, just a simple outfit a common traveler would wear and a cloak, with a hood he typically wears down. The appearance of his age is variable, as Heramaes chooses to age his appearance based on how long he has been in a certain part of mortal society. He likes to keep the illusion of his mortal status as long as possible before moving on and resetting his appearance so the charade can begin anew. However, in all his incarnations there is one piece that always remains unchanged. Heramaes at all times wears a wooden ring on his right hand. By all indications it possesses no unique properties, and is simply there to act as a reminder to not get lost in the illusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran
    Sapient is very good at silly-serious.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Tentatively approved. There is a law god already, so my approval is basically dependent on whether he's cool with it.

22. - Top - End - #112

WhiteWizardGirl

So I will just need a second approval from Mynxae and approval on the law domain?
    Last edited by Queen Sapes; 2014-05-11 at 08:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

I can spawn ya.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

24. - Top - End - #114

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post
    I can spawn ya.
    That will work for me, I appreciate it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Lords of Creation:

I hope you guys have spots still. Tossing in with a chaos god looking to make the world more interesting. After all, a dead world's a dull world!

Mekhet, the Whirling Chaos, the Manifold, The Fool God
    Played By: Eshkigal.
    Domains and Portfolios: Creation (Life), Chaos (Change)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Description: Mekhet is generally depicted as hundreds of thousands of whirling, spinning cogs, wheels, and gears, made up of all things (flesh, eyes, metals, stone, concepts, you name it) and quickly shifting in what each is. He is rarely in the same form for over a minute, whether number of items spinning, or composition. However, it never goes fewer than two spinning gears, and when it absolutely has to take a form comprehensible to mortals it is generally of some elemental of its choosing, sometimes male, sometimes female, sometimes something completely different. For after all, why would Chaos be constant?

Mekhet is a god of whimsy and fluidity of nature. It may create a dozen species on a passing thought, or it may back the creation of champions of the extremities of alignment given a compelling argument on how that'll be interesting. If a mortal prays for a tool that would make the world a more interesting place, for good or ill, it may be made with hopes that it'll become a more interesting world. For that is all it really cares for-it loves interesting things, craves them, lest boredom sets in. Mekhet hates, despises, LOATHES, boredom. So if you need an ally, he is always willing, if he thinks it'd be fun to screw with you, expect a few gears to slip, but no matter what, expect it to go...differently than planned.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-05-12 at 09:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

There are two law-gods now, Rhanor (me) and Domi.
    For me its no problem to have another, I think my god works much different then yours.
    On another note, how can you be a Chaotic Good god with the Law domain
    Last edited by Umbranar; 2014-05-12 at 06:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry, realized I need to change my portfolio because of how much I end up overlapping with other gods. Creation (Life) and Chaos (Change) sound good for someone who is going to basically make loads and loads of mortal races?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Well i guess there's a need for the God of Undeath

a mockery of life and a possible way to bind and torment the souls of the dead before they reach the Soul Fields. :)

No idea which God should be mine's Progenitor, so anyone who wants to be the mother/father/thingy of my evil god, please raise a hand

Zarchesh, Stealer of Souls, Death, The Keyholder, The Selfish God
    Played By: Hemnon
    Domains and Portfolios: Death (Undead), Darkness (Night)
    God Level: Fledgling
    Description: A hooded, omenous-looking being who's body is always shrouded in darkness, with a pair of deathless Red eyes stare out with a spine chilling gaze. He is the Lord of the dead and the tormentor of wayward souls. Zarchesh trademark weapon is a scythe, fabled to be capable of cutting the strings that binds the very souls to the living body. He is the Guardian between the realms, keyholder to the gates and lord of undeath. He hold no love for the living, with the rare exceptions of those that seek to bring forth more of the undead, and trying to curry and favor from Zarchesh is often met with nothing but silence, although those mortals (and undeads with souls) who follows him does gain much favor, both in boons and aid when the cry for help is great enough.
    Zarchesh will oppose any god who wants to create a peaceful world for the living. He'll send death to those that try to stop his reaping of the wayward souls and will happily aid those that try to erradicate life, no matter which side is more Just, Good or is in most need. More death equal more souls to harvest.
    Any god is welcome to his domain and ask for aid, although the price will not be cheap.

Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-05-13 at 09:31 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSapientOne View Post
    Well, it feels like its been forever and a half since I've been in an LoC game, and I've gotten bored, so why not break out my old favorite who will hopefully turn out as intended this time!

Heramaes, the Lord of Luck
    Played By: TheSapientOne
    Domains: Luck (Probability), Law (Oath)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Description: There is reason to his madness, although he'd much rather you didn't believe that. Heramaes is a deity obsessed with the balance of reality, keeping good, evil, chaos, and order all in check in order to keep the scales balanced. In order to accomplish this simple goal he acts as an agent for one, namely chaos, in order to keep everything relatively under control. To this end he regularly engages in the mortal world, tipping the scales as they slide out of place to keep everything balanced for all sides. This is why the mortal races recognize him as the Lord of Luck, as his favor in anything could easily decide their success or failure, and most every mortal aware of his existence is convinced he plays sides, favoring one group over another. And to be fair, this is completely accurate. Heramaes chooses those he favors not from some form of godly admiration for who they are and what they have done, but because he actually likes them and would rather see they succeed than fail. In fact, Heramaes is one of the most, for lack of a better word, human gods there is. He'd much rather involve himself directly with mortal affairs than act as some unseen guiding hand, and he chooses to live in the guise of a mortal when committing his dealings. For whatever reason Heramaes almost appears to resent his status as a god, largely trying to distance himself from the other deities save for when it serves him. Even then he keeps his dealings with his fellow deities as short and precise as possible, quick to return to the mortals he prefers. However, there is one commonality between his human and godly dealings: to Heramaes, a deal is paramount. For Heramaes, an oath, promise, or any kind of deal is something that cannot in any way be broken, and in the case of his mortal dealings it literally cannot without the intervention of another divine. His word is his bond, but he also expects the same of the other deities, and hates cheaters above all else.

Appearance-wise, Heramaes takes on the appearance of the mortal race he is currently dealing with, although he always possesses shining silver hair (or the equivalent of) and glimmering golden eyes (or the equivalent of). His dress is always fairly simple, just a simple outfit a common traveler would wear and a cloak, with a hood he typically wears down. The appearance of his age is variable, as Heramaes chooses to age his appearance based on how long he has been in a certain part of mortal society. He likes to keep the illusion of his mortal status as long as possible before moving on and resetting his appearance so the charade can begin anew. However, in all his incarnations there is one piece that always remains unchanged. Heramaes at all times wears a wooden ring on his right hand. By all indications it possesses no unique properties, and is simply there to act as a reminder to not get lost in the illusion.
    I like it. And because the other Law gods seem fine with it, you're Approved.
    And yes, I am a mod, as stated my Mynxae... here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    You never cease to amaze me with your imagination, my Lady. Approved. And considering your experience as not only a player but also as a mod, welcome to moderator-hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    I hope you guys have spots still. Tossing in with a chaos god looking to make the world more interesting. After all, a dead world's a dull world!

Mekhet, the Whirling Chaos, the Manifold, The Fool God
    Played By: Eshkigal.
    Domains and Portfolios: Creation (Life), Chaos (Change)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Description: Mekhet is generally depicted as hundreds of thousands of whirling, spinning cogs, wheels, and gears, made up of all things (flesh, eyes, metals, stone, concepts, you name it) and quickly shifting in what each is. He is rarely in the same form for over a minute, whether number of items spinning, or composition. However, it never goes fewer than two spinning gears, and when it absolutely has to take a form comprehensible to mortals it is generally of some elemental of its choosing, sometimes male, sometimes female, sometimes something completely different. For after all, why would Chaos be constant?

Mekhet is a god of whimsy and fluidity of nature. It may create a dozen species on a passing thought, or it may back the creation of champions of the extremities of alignment given a compelling argument on how that'll be interesting. If a mortal prays for a tool that would make the world a more interesting place, for good or ill, it may be made with hopes that it'll become a more interesting world. For that is all it really cares for-it loves interesting things, craves them, lest boredom sets in. Mekhet hates, despises, LOATHES, boredom. So if you need an ally, he is always willing, if he thinks it'd be fun to screw with you, expect a few gears to slip, but no matter what, expect it to go...differently than planned.
    Its interesting. But I think he's too similar to Scarto in form and mindset.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Well i guess there's a need for the God of Undeath

a mockery of life and a possible way to bind and torment the souls of the dead before they reach the Soul Fields. :)

No idea which God should be mine's Progenitor, so anyone who wants to be the mother/father/thingy of my evil god, please raise a hand

Zarchesh, Stealer of Souls, Death, The Undead Lord
    Played By: Hemnon
    Domains and Portfolios: Death (Undead), Darkness (Night)
    Description: A hooded, omenous-looking being who's body is always shrouded in darkness, with a pair of deathless Red eyes stare out with a spine chilling gaze. He is the Lord of the dead and the tormentor of wayward souls. Zarchesh trademark weapon is a scythe, fabled to be capable of cutting the strings that binds the very souls to the living body. All he seeks is the end of life and to rule all of unlife.
    And, Approved. I also volunteer Naer'Va, the Goddess of Vermin and Disease, to be your mother.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-05-13 at 05:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    EDIT:

And, Approved. I also volunteer Naer'Va, the Goddess of Vermin and Disease, to be your mother.
    hmm.... it wouldn't really be my first choice, but not my last either. so if another more fitting god exists, then perhaps that one would nestle in a little better with me

oh and thanks for accepting it so quickly
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.