Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    hmm.... it wouldn't really be my first choice, but not my last either. so if another more fitting god exists, then perhaps that one would nestle in a little better with me

oh and thanks for accepting it so quickly
    Well, we've got Artoran, our resident god of Bloodshed and War. He might make a good progenitor for you. And Kereth might work too, especially considering a recent event regarding a few souls being ripped out of the Afterlife and sucked back into their mortal bodies.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Well, we've got Artoran, our resident god of Bloodshed and War. He might make a good progenitor for you. And Kereth might work too, especially considering a recent event regarding a few souls being ripped out of the Afterlife and sucked back into their mortal bodies.
    that sounds interesting

but will wait giving my interest-vote until I've had some more time checking everything out

EDIT:

But Kereth does sound like the most fitting, both concept- and event-wise
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-05-13 at 06:31 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Well i guess there's a need for the God of Undeath

a mockery of life and a possible way to bind and torment the souls of the dead before they reach the Soul Fields. :)

No idea which God should be mine's Progenitor, so anyone who wants to be the mother/father/thingy of my evil god, please raise a hand

Zarchesh, Stealer of Souls, Death, The Undead Lord
    Played By: Hemnon
    Domains and Portfolios: Death (Undead), Darkness (Night)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Description: A hooded, omenous-looking being who's body is always shrouded in darkness, with a pair of deathless Red eyes stare out with a spine chilling gaze. He is the Lord of the dead and the tormentor of wayward souls. Zarchesh trademark weapon is a scythe, fabled to be capable of cutting the strings that binds the very souls to the living body. All he seeks is the end of life and to rule all of unlife.

I'm a bit concerned about the length of your bio/the lack of any discernible goals so I will not approve this god without a little more meat to it.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about the length of your bio/the lack of any discernible goals so I will not approve this god without a little more meat to it.
    What other goals are needed, than the eradication of all life and turn it all into the undeath instead
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, I haven't played a LoC in a few years, and Darklady kinda convinced me to give this a shot. So here is a concept that I had thought of a few years ago.

Name: Queen Kar'Vode'an, the All Adored, Holder of Unparalleled Radiance, the Great One, the Queen of Queens, and other flattering titles too numerous to mention.
    Played By: Shmee
    Domains and Portfolios: Love (Beauty) Tyranny (Power)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Symbol: Kar'Vode'an's Winking Face (varies from race to race)
    Description: It comes as no wonder that Queen Kar'Vode'an rules over her chosen people with an iron fist covered in a velvet glove, after all, is it not her fate to be unconditionally loved by all? She knows that her beauty knows no bounds, and intends to exploit that to her advantage. Indeed, it saddens her heart to think of all those poor races, who have yet to experience the overwhelming sensation of basking in the radiance of all her glory as she showers them with her love. Naturally, to love Queen Kar'Vode'an isto obey her whims, yet obedience is but a small price to pay.

Dressed in the most regal and extravagant of fashion, she normally teases mortals who have heard of her legendary beauty by wearing a white featureless mask which only reveals her eyes. Only when she is pleased does she reward her loyal servants by allowing them to gaze upon divinity itself, by removing it and revealing her beauty. Queen Kar'Vode'an knows that different races have different standards of beauty. Therefore her form varies depending on which race is looking at her, although some say that she created her chosen race in her own image. The one thing that can be agreed upon by all mortals who have seen her: regardless of her form, it is one of pure perfection. Same thing applies to the deities. Although out of respect she does not hide her face behind a mask, her form takes that of what the individual deity would consider perfection, whether she resembles a shambling corpse, a monstrous creature, drenched from head to toe in blood and gore, or perhaps even a perfect sculpture made out of marble.

Spoiler
    Show

If you need further clarification on something, don't hesitate to ask.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, undeath is a bit too magical for it to be Artoran. Aleru has created a bit of undeath with the humans that keep ressurecting though. That may work.

However, I could see Artoran spawning your goddes Shmee.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-05-13 at 08:07 AM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

What other goals are needed, than the eradication of all life and turn it all into the undeath instead
    I'm sad to say that I honestly get skittish when I see incredibly short backgrounds. Right now your god is a one-dimensional character. Sure, he wants to exterminate all life and make undead, but why? How is he planning on accomplishing it? What is his opinion of other gods? Who does he favor? Who pray to him? Does he have any quirks or traits that distinguish him from other gods?

Right now I'm unconvinced and you're not getting my vote. If Mynxae thinks you're okay I'll submit myself to the majority vote, but for now it's a firm unapproved from my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Well, I haven't played a LoC in a few years, and Darklady kinda convinced me to give this a shot. So here is a concept that I had thought of a few years ago.

Name: Queen Kar'Vode'an, the All Adored, Holder of Unparalleled Radiance, the Great One, the Queen of Queens, and other flattering titles too numerous to mention.
    Description: It comes as no wonder that Queen Kar'Vode'an rules over her chosen people with an iron fist covered in a velvet glove, after all, is it not her fate to be unconditionally loved by all? She knows that her beauty knows no bounds, and intends to exploit that to her advantage. Indeed, it saddens her heart to think of all those poor races, who have yet to experience the overwhelming sensation of basking in the radiance of all her glory as she showers them with her love. Naturally, to love Queen Kar'Vode'an isto obey her whims, yet obedience is but a small price to pay.

Dressed in the most regal and extravagant of fashion, she normally teases mortals who have heard of her legendary beauty by wearing a white featureless mask which only reveals her eyes. Only when she is pleased does she reward her loyal servants by allowing them to gaze upon divinity itself, by removing it and revealing her beauty. Queen Kar'Vode'an knows that different races have different standards of beauty. Therefore her form varies depending on which race is looking at her, although some say that she created her chosen race in her own image. The one thing that can be agreed upon by all mortals who have seen her: regardless of her form, it is one of pure perfection. Same thing applies to the deities. Although out of respect she does not hide her face behind a mask, her form takes that of what the individual deity would consider perfection, whether she resembles a shambling corpse, a monstrous creature, drenched from head to toe in blood and gore, or perhaps even a perfect sculpture made out of marble.

Spoiler
    Show

Oooh, I love corrupt politician gods, they always cause interesting situations. Go looking for someone to spawn you, you have my vote. Approved.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey Arcran, its been a while.

So the god of slaughter, blood and gore creates the most beautiful creature in the world? My goodness... I can already see from now Kar'Vode'an crying to papa if someone spurns her advances... and Artoran slaughtering anyone who comes close to his daughter.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I didn't want to be the first to approve you, as I pushed you to play
    But I love it, so you're Approved.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Off to the OOC then with me.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Alternatively I can offer up to create you Shmee. The God of Beauty coming from. . . Ooze
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    I'm sad to say that I honestly get skittish when I see incredibly short backgrounds. Right now your god is a one-dimensional character. Sure, he wants to exterminate all life and make undead, but why? How is he planning on accomplishing it? What is his opinion of other gods? Who does he favor? Who pray to him? Does he have any quirks or traits that distinguish him from other gods?

Right now I'm unconvinced and you're not getting my vote. If Mynxae thinks you're okay I'll submit myself to the majority vote, but for now it's a firm unapproved from my end.
    Okay, so you want me to pre-develop all my God's aspects before he gets a chance to actually evolve? After all, he's just arrived to the world and haven't even met or talked to any of the other gods... so you want him to come into existence with fully developed ideas and how he's gonna do that?

if that's so, then sure, I'll do that... just doesn't make much sense to have your god know-all-be-all from the get-go.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so you want me to pre-develop all my God's aspects before he gets a chance to actually evolve? After all, he's just arrived to the world and haven't even met or talked to any of the other gods... so you want him to come into existence with fully developed ideas and how he's gonna do that?

if that's so, then sure, I'll do that... just doesn't make much sense to have your god know-all-be-all from the get-go.
    Venetian Mask just wants to know about your God's attitude. What does he think of other divine beings in general? What does he think of mortals who worship him? What about gods who oppose him? Just read through a few other god applications and you'll get what he's asking for.

Edit: Naer'Va might get a sister? That could be entertaining, especially considering she doesn't even know her father.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-05-13 at 08:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Venetian Mask just wants to know about your God's attitude. What does he think of other divine beings in general? What does he think of mortals who worship him? What about gods who oppose him? Just read through a few other god applications and you'll get what he's asking for.

Edit: Naer'Va might get a sister? That could be entertaining, especially considering she doesn't even know her father.
    Alrighty
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

and i have now added some more to the description, Mods and GM be kind and tell me what else might be needed.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I know I'm not a Mod, but I'm going to voice my concern. This concern isn't necessarily about your God Hemnon, instead this concern is about the upper limit of God's similar to yours. We already have a bunch of "Kill everything" Gods, and while you and their gods are all very different in how you accomplish your mass murder and why you do what you do, I am concerned about having so many "Kill everything" Gods in the game. The players of the "Good" gods are already chaffing at how many times they have to expend AP at protecting their creations - and a game where you only react to catastrophes is not very fun. Throwing a new "kill everything" god with 15 AP into the mix, might make the game much less fun for the various "Good" gods who already have their hands full.
    Show

Show
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I know I'm not a Mod, but I'm going to voice my concern. This concern isn't necessarily about your God Hemnon, instead this concern is about the upper limit of God's similar to yours. We already have a bunch of "Kill everything" Gods, and while you and their gods are all very different in how you accomplish your mass murder and why you do what you do, I am concerned about having so many "Kill everything" Gods in the game. The players of the "Good" gods are already chaffing at how many times they have to expend AP at protecting their creations - and a game where you only react to catastrophes is not very fun. Throwing a new "kill everything" god with 15 AP into the mix, might make the game much less fun for the various "Good" gods who already have their hands full.
    Oh... well, my first idea was to actually make a guardian of the realms or something, but that sounded boring to do, since i ALWAYS do Good characters.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh... well, my first idea was to actually make a guardian of the realms or something, but that sounded boring to do, since i ALWAYS do Good characters.
    Actually there is an Idea hidden here that's vastly more interesting than an evil lord of death and undeath.

Why don't you be an Evil Guardian of the Realms? A God who divides the planes and patrols their borders for intruders? A god who selfishly tries to monopolize travel between the realms - demanding payment for example for dreaming since dreaming means you travel to the Plane of Elemental Dream, or payment for dying, since dying means you travel to the Lantern fields. Your god constructs an in between plane that is always in between each other plane - and there you build your castle and a prison or labor camp to hold the souls of each individual who didn't offer you payment to cross the realms.
    Show

Show
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Actually there is an Idea hidden here that's vastly more interesting than an evil lord of death and undeath.

Why don't you be an Evil Guardian of the Realms? A God who divides the planes and patrols their borders for intruders? A god who selfishly tries to monopolize travel between the realms - demanding payment for example for dreaming since dreaming means you travel to the Plane of Elemental Dream, or payment for dying, since dying means you travel to the Lantern fields. Your god constructs an in between plane that is always in between each other plane - and there you build your castle and a prison or labor camp to hold the souls of each individual who didn't offer you payment to cross the realms.
    that actually sounds quite fun :)

I can still play the evil death-god that snatches them souls to experiment with new ways to make the undead, so yeah, i think I'll change a little bit of stuff around.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Its interesting. But I think he's too similar to Scarto in form and mindset.
    I will change the form, but may I ask how a god driven solely by ennui and a desire to push the shiny buttons is similar to the god driven by helping mortals find progress in mindset? I do not mean to be rude, I just do not quite know what needs tweaking to make him better there.

What if Hemnon was birthed by Goldclaw's mass resurrection and Artoran's slaughter together?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

I now did a bit of editing and He feels a little bit more fleshed out :)
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2014-05-13 at 09:29 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    I will change the form, but may I ask how a god driven solely by ennui and a desire to push the shiny buttons is similar to the god driven by helping mortals find progress in mindset? I do not mean to be rude, I just do not quite know what needs tweaking to make him better there.

What if Hemnon was birthed by Goldclaw's mass resurrection and Artoran's slaughter together?
    Sorry. I meant similar to Scarto in Form, and similar to both Mobius and Nester in mindset. He just evokes a lot of overlap to me. But if the other mods and/or the players think you're okay, I'll approve you.

EDIT: After re-reading Mekhet, I'm going to slap this Approved sticker on him. While he is similar to Nester, Scarto, and Mobius, it seems to me that he's different enough to warrant approval. Sorry for the trouble.

Well i guess there's a need for the God of Undeath

a mockery of life and a possible way to bind and torment the souls of the dead before they reach the Soul Fields. :)

No idea which God should be mine's Progenitor, so anyone who wants to be the mother/father/thingy of my evil god, please raise a hand

Zarchesh, Stealer of Souls, Death, The Keyholder, The Selfish God
    Played By: Hemnon
    Domains and Portfolios: Death (Undead), Travel (Planes)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    God Level: Fledgling
    Description: A hooded, omenous-looking being who's body is always shrouded in darkness, with a pair of deathless Red eyes stare out with a spine chilling gaze. He is the Lord of the dead and the tormentor of wayward souls. Zarchesh trademark weapon is a scythe, fabled to be capable of cutting the strings that binds the very souls to the living body. He is the Guardian between the realms, keyholder to the gates and lord of undeath. He hold no love for the living, with the rare exceptions of those that seek to bring forth more of the undead, and trying to curry and favor from Zarchesh is often met with nothing but silence, although those mortals (and undeads with souls) who follows him does gain much favor, both in boons and aid when the cry for help is great enough.
    Zarchesh will oppose any god who wants to create a peaceful world for the living. He'll send death to those that try to stop his reaping of the wayward souls and will happily aid those that try to erradicate life, no matter which side is more Just, Good or is in most need. More death equal more souls to harvest.
    Any god is welcome to his domain and ask for aid, although the price will not be cheap.
    And I like that more than before! I'll Approve that.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2014-05-13 at 09:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

i changed back the Domain from Travel to Darkness again, cuz the Travel domain just doesn't feel right and i can't think of anything else that fits more right now.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Ah, I can understand that. I noticed the issue with stepping on toes beforehand, just thought I had made things different enough. Thank you for approval, Darklady.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-05-13 at 09:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

im more than a little lost in races, deities, courts and all that stuff right now... and I'm not even in the game yet

is there anywhere i can find a full list of deities, creations, groups, etc?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

https://ancientsofthevoid.obsidianpo...ikis/main-page

This wiki is by no means complete, but it is slightly helpful. Hopefully, I'll have admin permission to edit it soon, and I will update a lot of the stuff that is not yet updated. But until that happens, take the thread as the end-all to what's happening, and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    https://ancientsofthevoid.obsidianpo...ikis/main-page

This wiki is by no means complete, but it is slightly helpful. Hopefully, I'll have admin permission to edit it soon, and I will update a lot of the stuff that is not yet updated. But until that happens, take the thread as the end-all to what's happening, and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
    i already checked that, but it appears to be lacking in more than just a few areas, just like you said
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

i already checked that, but it appears to be lacking in more than just a few areas, just like you said
    PM me questions, and I will do my best to answer them. Obviously there are things I do not know, but I'll do my best.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

I'll toss the same in as well.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

I third that notion. If those two yahoos can't answer your question, I'll try!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mean it, reall- OW. Stop hitting me with mallets