Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    looking forward to seeing you in the game!
    Definitely excited. I've been reading the IC while I wait to be approved and it is a great read good job guys.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Trouble in Orlane IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Hello all. Sorry about taking longer to apply than expected the Memorial Day weekend was super busy. Anyway here's my app. Let me know if I should make any alterations to it as I've said I'm pretty flexible

Name: Valenheim
    Player: cybric
    Domains/portfolios: war(crusades) and air(winter)
    Alias: the winter king, the executioner, the frozen templar
    Alignment: neutral/chaotic good
    Dogma: aid the righteous, cleanse the wicked
    Symbol: an axe with a snowflake on the blade
    Parent god: Artoran

Valenheims appearance is that a blue giant from the waist up with skin the color of blue glaciers. He is muscular with long snow white hair that perpetually blows in a ethereal breeze. His arms are longer than one would expect for a humanoid and his lower half is animalistic like a stag or a goat while his head is topped with stag antlers. His eyes glow a dim blue hue at all times. His chosen weapons are a short spear and axe that shines like the sun hitting the top of a snow covered mountain and his head is wreathed in a crown of frozen fire. When not in his humanoid form he takes the form of a snow owl with glowing blue eyes.

Valenheim stands in opposition to Artoran and fights him whenever possible. He believes that the strong are made strong to defend the weak. While he is the god of winter he has a mirth and humor about him that comes with the knowledge that all things must end so they must be enjoyed while they thrive. He calls his followers to aid the righteous in their endeavors against the wicked and rewards service to others over selfish desires. His ultimate goal as of right now is the containment or defeat of Artoran and the creation of a mighty crusade against the forces of evil
    Approved!

Sorry it took so long, I've been kind of burned out on this LoC lately.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hello! I'm interested in joining you guys! This is my god.
    Spoiler: Zun Raaus
    Show

Name: Zun Raaus
    Played by: TheArgusIV
    Domains: Darkness(Shadows), Deception(Misdirection)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Parent god: (Ones I would like. Aleru. [Like he is her shadow and tears himself from her.]
    Bio: Zun Raaus a god embodies pure darkness. Delighting and thriving in the void of light, he loves twisting the truth into a mere toy to bend others to his will. Watching others in pain brings a joy into his life. Followers of Zun Raaus make sacrifices, maim and torture themselves along with others.
    Appearance: Zun Raaus prefers to take the form of a hooded figure blacker than the darkest of nights. He wields an orb which holds the power to cause enough pain to drive the recipient of its wrath to madness.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheArgusIV View Post
    Hello! I'm interested in joining you guys! This is my god.
    Spoiler: Zun Raaus
    Show

Name: Zun Raaus
    Played by: TheArgusIV
    Domains: Darkness(Shadows), Deception(Misdirection)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Parent god: (Ones I would like. Aleru. [Like he is her shadow and tears himself from her.]
    Bio: Zun Raaus a god embodies pure darkness. Delighting and thriving in the void of light, he loves twisting the truth into a mere toy to bend others to his will. Watching others in pain brings a joy into his life. Followers of Zun Raaus make sacrifices, maim and torture themselves along with others.
    Appearance: Zun Raaus prefers to take the form of a hooded figure blacker than the darkest of nights. He wields an orb which holds the power to cause enough pain to drive the recipient of its wrath to madness.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

I'm going to have to say no to this concept right now. We already have a large number of chaotic and evil gods and this one doesn't really bring anything new to the table that isn't covered by current gods. Maybe if you expand on the concept a bit we could get you a bit of a niche to fill?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    I'm going to have to say no to this concept right now. We already have a large number of chaotic and evil gods and this one doesn't really bring anything new to the table that isn't covered by current gods. Maybe if you expand on the concept a bit we could get you a bit of a niche to fill?
    I understand. I was more wanting to focus on the races instead of the god. Having an evil god lets me expand on the society in a way that would be conducive for them. (I wanted a very pious, religious society that goes out and steals people to power their world. They would be merchants primarily in the world.) I can work on the domains and such to get it into a niche more acceptable for the game. [Addition. I was honestly going for a more hands off god. I really wanted to focus on the races and creations instead of the god.]
    Last edited by TheArgusIV; 2014-06-17 at 07:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheArgusIV View Post
    I understand. I was more wanting to focus on the races instead of the god. Having an evil god lets me expand on the society in a way that would be conducive for them. (I wanted a very pious, religious society that goes out and steals people to power their world. They would be merchants primarily in the world.) I can work on the domains and such to get it into a niche more acceptable for the game.
    Thing is, your ideas for your followers are already in the game as well. Mind fleshing out your plans more? If there's one thing we don't need in the game it's more races.

Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, He could take over one of the races of a dead god and twist them into what he wants, that way we don't get an additional race, just a changed one. Saves race room and creates for an interesting dynamic for the races who knew them prior to their change by him, but it's just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to have to agree with Arcran on this one, we already have a great deal of evil gods, and a massive shortage of good ones. Perhaps look beyond the basic idea that darkness = evil and create a good god of shadows? You could even continue along the same ideas with shadow people that take others, but instead of consuming them, you offer them peaceful bliss and fulfillment of their dreams, and feed off that energy?

Could even be that the race comes out of Spectres, which are basically this game's version of ghosts.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

I'm going to have to agree with Arcran on this one, we already have a great deal of evil gods, and a massive shortage of good ones. Perhaps look beyond the basic idea that darkness = evil and create a good god of shadows? You could even continue along the same ideas with shadow people that take others, but instead of consuming them, you offer them peaceful bliss and fulfillment of their dreams, and feed off that energy?

Could even be that the race comes out of Spectres, which are basically this game's version of ghosts.
    I agree. I just looked on the wiki. There are in fact, quite a few evil. I'm definitely up for that change. In fact, that could almost be a better dynamic.
    Last edited by TheArgusIV; 2014-06-17 at 07:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Reworked it. Hope it goes well!

Spoiler: Saeanl
    Show

Name: Saeanl
    Played By: TheArgusIV
    Domains: Love(Passion),Freedom(Choice)
    Allignment: Chaotic Good
    Bio: Tanned and toned, his muscles ripple constantly and aggresively. With wings more powerful than any winged beast. His smile is one of increble pursuasion, able to bring anybody down on their knees. His stature towers over any race. He has no real regard for law and order, he more so enjoys a more wild and free type of life.
    Saeanl isn't much of a fighter, he would rather call himself a lover. He is jestful in any situations no matter how severe. With an uncany ability to lighten even the most dreary of hearts, for a light heart is much easier to make fun with!Saeanl doesn't have much care for drama, those situations he prefers to shy away from.

Spoiler: Saeanl's Image
    Show

Last edited by TheArgusIV; 2014-06-17 at 09:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks hilarious, and you are approved in my book. Baring any input from other mods, you may head over to the OOC to find a progenitor.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

I would have liked to have seen him fleshed out a little bit more but the general concept is fine by me.

Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    I would have liked to have seen him fleshed out a little bit more but the general concept is fine by me.
    I understand! Don't worry! I will flesh him out more in game!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: D’yan Fang
    Played By: Dragonsage
    Domains and Portfolios: Darkness (illusions) and Law (Contracts)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Description: D’yan manipulates both good and evil forces to do his bidding mainly so that they don’t destroy themselves amongst their own chaos. He does so by forging contracts to bind people into fulfilling tasks. Should they fail to uphold their end of the bargain, then D’yang Fang would deliver swift punishment, but if they are successful he will honor his word and deliver his reward. Although it may not always be as one may have originally wished for.

D’yan Fang has many forms he prefers to take, the first of which is of a serpent-like design where he has clawed hands and several sets of eyes that seem fade in and out of his head. The second is more of a hulking reptile brute, a form he oft takes when upset or displeased. For the dealings with mortals, he knows that some of his more favored forms can be discouraging to make agreements with, so he has more pleasant humanoid forms though they will possess his chitinous scaly skin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsage View Post
    Name: D’yan Fang
    Domains and Portfolios: Darkness (illusions) and Law (Contracts)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Description: D’yan manipulates both good and evil forces to do his bidding mainly so that they don’t destroy themselves amongst their own chaos. He does so by forging contracts to bind people into fulfilling tasks. Should they fail to uphold their end of the bargain, then D’yang Fang would deliver swift punishment, but if they are successful he will honor his word and deliver his reward. Although it may not always be as one may have originally wished for.

D’yan Fang has many forms he prefers to take, the first of which is of a serpent-like design where he has clawed hands and several sets of eyes that seem fade in and out of his head. The second is more of a hulking reptile brute, a form he oft takes when upset or displeased. For the dealings with mortals, he knows that some of his more favored forms can be discouraging to make agreements with, so he has more pleasant humanoid forms though they will possess his chitinous scaly skin.
    I admit, I like it, but it sort of encroaches on Mirmulnir's territory. So I'll tell you what, if Eldamar is okay with your character, I'll approve him.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to say, but I can't approve you. Eld isn't comfortable with the overlap.
    I'd be glad to see any other gods you could come up with, of course.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Sorry to say, but I can't approve you. Eld isn't comfortable with the overlap.
    I'd be glad to see any other gods you could come up with, of course.
    okay! Attempt numba 2

Name: Akora
    Domains and Portfolios: Moon (Compassion) and Truth (honesty)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Description: Akora has the appearance of a young fair skinned maiden with long flowing hair, that seems to shift from a silvery white to an inky black following the patterns of the moon. Her garbs consist of simple pelts around her waist and a sleeveless tunic, revealing the exotic runes that adorn her limbs.

Akora is a compassionate goddess and will often find herself caring for the unfortunate, perhaps more than she ought to. She is known to take any into her care who have been abandoned or forsaken by others, provided they are honest with her and do not betray her trust. Though she will forgive those who betray her, if they are willing to make amends by repenting. Despite her kindness she has absolutely no patience for those who have proven themselves to be deceitful, especially if their deceptions are only for personal gain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

approved you can head over to the OOC and find a god to birth you

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

I've been meaning to try out a fertility/slavery god for a while, if ya don't mind... Or I can try something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Come on, Half. You know your plan. Can't stop, won't stop.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

Extended Sig

Blood Angel by Emperor Ing

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Write it up, backstory and name and everything. Sounds like a good idea to me, though you might have some overlap with Naer'Va. Or maybe not, I'm sure Darklady will weigh in shortly.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I've been meaning to try out a fertility/slavery god for a while, if ya don't mind... Or I can try something else.
    Write it up, backstory and name and everything. Sounds like a good idea to me, though you might have some overlap with Naer'Va. Or maybe not, I'm sure Darklady will weigh in shortly.
    Throw in the application. From the idea it seems like Naer'va would be a perfect mother for said deity.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Throw in the application. From the idea it seems like Naer'va would be a perfect mother for said deity.
    Dang, Kereth and Naer'Va just spawned a god from their "passion". Is Mir getting another sibling?
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth already has too many kids, I think this one will just be Naer'Va xD

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Or it could come from Kar and Artoran shacking up. Fertility would be fitting, no?

Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking about going with Pleasure instead of fertility. Would that be okay? =/
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-07-04 at 01:51 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Thinking about going with Pleasure instead of fertility. Would that be okay? =/
    It's saddening. Pleasure fits better with Art and Kar. I'm the oldest deity with the fewest children.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Also we already have a god of desire, even if hes not exactly the most active right now. You gotta play what you want to play, but I liked the fertility one. Interesting juxtaposition between creating life and taking freedom.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Sein, the Slavemaster, Master of All Beings, Enchanter of Maidens

Played By: HalfTangible

Domains and Portfolios: Life (Fertility), Authority (Slavery)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Sein is the master that even the strong and independent would gladly serve. His voice carries the welcoming warmth of a father and the tyrannical strength of a king. To disobey is to learn what it means to love the lash. He is the desire and envy of all who look upon him, and it feels natural to throw away your life at his command. His appearance is fluid and can change both at his whim and the desires of those around him. To those he is attempting to seduce, his dark elven form appears as the ideal physical partner. To those who he gives orders, he is whomever you would gladly obey. No matter who or what is before him, Sein will either teach it the meaning of pleasure, or teach it the meaning of pain.

Artsy and flowery stuff aside, Sein is the god of slavery. He commands respect whether those beneath him believe he deserves it or not. However, taking advantage of his evident connection to reproduction, he carefully crafts his image to both mortals and his fellow gods as a simple pervert, only interested in growing his harem. In reality, however, he is far more dangerous. While it is true that Sein enjoys recruiting beautiful maidens to serve him personally of their own volition, he can break and subsume the will of anyone he wishes, turning them into nothing but puppets that dance at his whim. Even without breaking wills like glass, he is a master manipulator, applying pleasure, devotion, fear and pain right where they are needed to accomplish his goals. Only he and his progenitor know just how powerful he truly is, and neither wish to tell.

Sein is also a god of fertility. Many of the men and women who serve him do so in exchange for the opportunity to bear many children, a request Sein is happy to oblige. Amongst all the mortals and gods, worshippers of Sein are the most likely to bear more children than usual for their race and find themselves always ready to bring more into the flock. Sein also is commonly known for granting barren mothers and incapable fathers the ability to bear children again, and all they have to do is agree that they and their children will worship him until the day they die.

What is less well-known is that those who break this deal will never think for themselves again.

Sein is an extremely indirect god, preferring to act through agents or slaves rather than step into the ring personally. This is a good thing for him, as he is not a particularly powerful deity in combat owing both to his lack of interest and lack of combat artifacts. However, he is possessed of a quick wit and silver tongue, easily able to work his way into favorable positions amongst mortals. The gods are not as easily swayed, but they are not immune to slavemaster's charm.

... Well that was kinda long >.>

Anywhere I can brush up on the world as-is real quick? I'll try and read through the previous threads, but that's over 1500 posts per completed thread and it's not like Sein will know most of that anyway, since he's only just now being born.

Again, I'll read it - Just know it'll take a while.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-07-04 at 02:17 AM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eh, sounds more like a child of Naer'Va. She is a life goddess who created slavery and rat people who breed at such a pace as to have a population in the tens of millions despite living underground. I'd bet it'd be in the trillions if they bothered settling the surface.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-07-04 at 02:34 AM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    Eh, sounds more like a child of Naer'Va. She is a life goddess who created slavery and rat people who breed at such a pace as to have a population in the tens of millions despite living underground. I'd bet it'd be in the trillions if they bothered settling the surface.
    Sounds good.

Extended Sig