New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Rise of Rebels - IC

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Episode 1: Starfall

The great Engineer Walax Blissex, designer of the Victory-class Star Destroyer, and now a respected member of the Alliance to restore the Republic, has received a message from Imperial Governor Denn Wessex. This message claims that the engineers daughter is near death. Even though it appeared to be a trap, Blissex could not pass up this last chance to reconcile with his estranged daughter.

Whether Lira Wessex, who designed the Imperial-class Star Destroyer based on her fathers previous work, is truly dying or not seems inconsequential. Upon reaching Kwenn, Walex was captured and placed in the custody of Captian Kolaff, commander of the VSD Subjugator.

Now trapped within the detention block of the powerful ship, Blissex has little chance of escape. He can only wait for the eventual return of his captors and the terrible interrogator Droid that is sure to accompany them.

His only hope lies in a chance encounter and the strength and ingenuity of his fellow captives...

Last edited by shizukanashi; 2014-04-30 at 11:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Rise of Rebels - IC

Scene One: Blind man's Bluff.

Walex Blissex in locked away alone in an unknown cell. The rest of the detention block is fairly empty. In other cells are the following prisoners: A Wookie suspected of working with the Rebellion, a Verpine caught tampering with Imperial Equipment on Kwenn station, a Zeltron swoop ganger, a drunk and disorderly insubordinate TIE-fighter pilot, and a Twi'lek caught with false papers.

His presence has not gone unnoticed however, in addition to the curiosities of his fellow inmates, a rebel double agent and his ASP droid have taken notice of the presence of a high profile prisoner.

Unfortunately Six armed guards man the Detention block at all times. It looks like Blissex's fate is sealed.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2014-04-30 at 05:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Sitting in the cell a stickily tall insectoid in a light, edgy cropped jacket and stylistic dress cradles her knees to her chest, flickering eyes peering through her legs. Since her capture, she's drifted out of feeling sorry for her self with clicking sobs, as one might expect, and agitated clicker clacks or frustrated ramblings that one might not expect of the grieving bug. In either case, through her murmurings she calls out for Little Wrenches like she might call out to a favorite toy...

She is quite now, probably about to start up again as soon as she gathers her strength. A few clicks. Half raising her head from her knees, she peeks out and for the first time seems to notice that she's not alone.

"...Where are we going?" she quietly whispers, "Who are you all?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"We're goin' to torture, followed by life in a gulag or summary execution," says the pink-skinned girl in a nearby cell.

"I plan on makin' 'em choke on my on the way down, tho."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"They're going to kill us?" Fixit leans into the side of her cell as to hear better.

"I..I sliced into those droids back at the station but I thought I was going to prison, not the Subjugator! How did I get myself into this mess. Sorry, I'm a bit dismayed." The cracks and clicks in her voice seem to corroborate her statement. "Why are they going to kill us?? I don't want to die..."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-04-30 at 09:09 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

"Boring, boring, boring. Torture is so boring. I mean if they want to execute us, why do anything besides just shoot us dead? No, I think they want something more and maybe I can figure it out with a bit of luck."
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

7. - Top - End - #7

Planetar

Just outside the cell is a droid of unknown design for an untrained eye, an heavily modified ASP droid wearing a top hat and a monocle.

And he's positively baffled about why he's here.

"Sir, why are we actually here?", he said in what can only be described as a mix of a British accent and the mechanical voice of an ASP droid.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside his cell, Kas groans awake. "Remote Terminators should be illegal," he grumbles. "That is, presuming they are not." He glares out at the guards. "Private, if I'm just here on drunk and disorderly again, you can inform Commander Tascom that I am awake and sober. Or did the Captain finally get around to formally charging me with insubordination? I would love to see what he put down on the official statement."

The pilot walks to the electronic bars of his cell. "Brig's a bit full today," he observes. "It's not as bad as all that," he says. "I mean, yeah, the Wookie's probably getting the torture treatment, but unless the rest of you are working with the Rebellion, you're all just getting unfairly long prison sentences. Me? Either I'm joining you, or my charges are getting dropped and I'm getting sent on another suicide mission." He turns to the guard. "I mean, who does Captain Kolaff think he's kidding, anyway? I know kriffing well who assigns our missions. What a shambles."

His face drains of color, as he suddenly remembers something. "Moons of Byss," he breathes. "I hit him, didn't I? Captain Kolaff. I am so dead. So very dead. Dead as Honoghr."
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

9. - Top - End - #9

HalflingRangerGuy

"Pipe down Serraka. Besides, you are only going to Kessel for a decade or so." The captain of the guard instructs, he then turns to Sibosa and Q1. "You are here to fix the language translater yes? That chit has been in for over a week. Luckily the wookie came with his own. Well get on with it!" He returns to a datapad and his fellow guards standing duty.

Just as he finishes speaking a deafening explosion rocks the ship throwing everybody about. More explosions continue to violently shake the ship and somewhere nearby you hear the terrible scrapping noise of metal on metal, followed by the ripping of plastisteel walls and escaping atmosphere. Red lights begin to flash and a battle-alert klaxon blares over the intercoms. It is short lived however, another explosion comes and suddenly the alarm and the lights go out. The electronic bars on your cells turn off, and the entire detention block is cast in complete blackness and silence.

"Sith spit! Stay in your cells! Nobody moves!" The captain commands and just to show he is serious he fires a few stray blaster bolts down the long hallway that your cells line.

Spoiler: Setting
    Show
    So this detention block is just like the one on the death star when Luke and Han save Leia. There is a long hallway lined with cells, at the end of the hall is a hub where the guards are stationed. A few other halls branch from this hub like spokes on a wheel. Behind the guard station are a pair of turbolifts that Sibosa and Q1 have just arrived in. It is pitch dark, so you will have to roll a perception check just to find the door to your cell and get around. (This check may also detect other things like how many guards there are, if there are any leaks or holes ect)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"Get down!" Sibosa shouted as soon as the lights went out and the sound of blaster fire began to erupt, he pulled Q1 crouching to the floor with him. His heart was pounding had the Rebels launched an assault on the Subjugator? He reached for his comlink to check what was being said about the situation while keeping an eye out down the hall.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (3d6+2)[6][1][3](10)
    Wild Die: (3d6)[5][2][6](13)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazzarfisa's annoyance at once again being mistaken for a male dissipates as the lights go out. For once, luck seemed to be on her side, she thought as she fumbled for the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d6+2)[1](1) Wild dice: (2d6)[3][4](7)

Kazzarfisa

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Tallulah immediately shut her trap when the lights went out. No reason to let the Imps know where she was. Not until she got her hands around their necks, anyway...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Kas immediately shuts up, edging to the door of his cell but still keeping covered until he gets his bearings. Rebs must be here to rescue Blissex, he thinks. Which means we're all dead when the stormies show up.

Breath in. Breath out.

Okay.

Keep low. Find a blaster.

And stun Sib if he doesn't come along with us; he's a stand-up guy who shouldn't die for doing his job.
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

14. - Top - End - #14

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler: Kassafisa
    Show
    You know only darkness. The shaking has disoriented and thrown you about, you are not even sure if you are in your cell, the hall or another cell. You think you hit your head.

Spoiler: Difficulty 6
    Show
    There is a distinct cry of a Wookie, who has apparently hit her head, and is not happy about it. The thought of a disorientated and confused Wookie somewhere in the darkness and the cells being wide open has you a bit more nervous than you might already be. You are at least a bit better off though. You at least know where you are, which way is up and approximately where the door, bench, toilet and basic dimensions of your cell are.

Spoiler: Sib, Q1, and Difficulty 11
    Show
    Sibosa and Q1 are in the guard station and they along with the more aware prisoners get a better idea of where they are when one of the guards produces a glow rod and lights up the central hub of the detention block. There are 2 guards now with weapons draw facing down the center hallway ready to fire at any escaping captives. Another two are at the center console control station trying to get anything to work. Finally a 5th and 6th guard are at the end of the other two hallways. The damage is severe enough that smoke billows from vents and begins to pool in the edges of the room, a few small flickers of orange red light indicate there is a fire in the right hallway.

The air begins to sour as the smell of smoke and heat find your nostrils. Though breathing is not yet a problem the now distant sounds of explosions indicates that it might not remain so for long.

15. - Top - End - #15

Planetar

"Sir, I think it would be prudent to go away from this brig, and fast!

Q1 is now desperately searching for a way to flee from the brig, both his tactics SkillWare and his CPU working post-haste.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The Verpine sways with the ship as an explosion nearly knocks her to the floor but spindly arms preform a vigorous balancing act. Confusion and anxiety magnify as lights blink off only to be quickly replaced by a bolt of light traveling the corridor. As explosions rock the ship all of it seems so impossible. The Subjugator is invincible; nothing could breach her shell yet any spacers worse dream, decompression, was unmistakeable. Taught never to disobey an Imperial, in saner times Fixit would have moped in her cell until the lights came back on. That wasn't going to happen. Fear, the emotion of the day, already rampaging through her mind was only made worse by antagonizing thugs. She had to escape; escape was impossible, but she had to escape.

Choking on the air, she would drop to the ground, but she has to flee. She wipes the black spit she had been building up throughout the day off her mandibles while she steeled herself. Oh, no punctuated her first shaky step through the cell door. Feral wookies, criminals only imaginable as the worst in the galaxy, and a ship full of prison guards. Half considering laying down on the cell floor she pushes herself forward nonetheless. The back of a stylized shirt clinging to the wall as she creep forward trying to avoid whatever horrible fate awaited her.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Sneak
    (4d6)[2][2][4][4](12)
    Wild Die
    (4d6)[1][5][5][6](17)
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-05-01 at 06:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

HalflingRangerGuy

Fxt'et exits her cell expecting the worst, but it appears the guards at the end of the hall are just as blind as the rest of you. Maybe more so being in the light and looking outward rather than the other way around. Blasters are drawn and pointed in her direction, but it is clear they have not noticed her.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Tallulah creeps out of her cell, trying to catch the guards at the console by surprise. If she can just grab one of their weapons...

Sneak (5d6)[3][5][6][3][1](18)
    Wild Die (3d6)[6][2][6](14)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Brin'shak Kwi'Teska

Brin wasn't sure what was going on exactly, but escape if possible sounded good. She decided to see if there was a way out of her cell, studying it a bit and then deciding to go for it, figuring she could bluff her way past any guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    if I need to roll anything, please let me know.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The lights flickering before her revealing highly trained, highly skilled combatants pointing blasters her way led to a quick mental rush. No, No. Not that way. Full on stopping and reversing her route, no freedom awaits at the other end of the tunnel, but safety is a premium. She only hopes that the wookie is headed the other way. At the last cell her hands meet the wall as she searches for the door panel; hoping that when she peels off the cover the blasted thing will at least have some power running through it.

21. - Top - End - #21

HalflingRangerGuy

Combat round 1

The guards at the end of the corridor spot Brin exiting her cell and as promised open fire, though the darkness makes it harder to hit (concealment) and the bolts fly down the hall harmlessly lighting the corridor in a dim red glow. They know that others are out of their cells now as well. There is a rush from the hub as the other guards come to the aid of their fellow guards.
    Last edited by shizukanashi; 2014-05-02 at 01:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Tallulah creeps up on the nearest guard (preferably with a weapon on their belt) and attempts to lift their blaster.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazzarfisa fumbles around in the dark again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d6+2)[1](1) Wild dice: (2d6)[6][5](11)

Kazzarfisa

24. - Top - End - #24

Planetar

Q1 walked carefully to the turbolift door, and promptly tries to rip it open.

(5d6)[2][3][3][2][2](12)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Another bolt of light whizzes past, the heat radiating off the energy and onto the back of Fxt'et's jacket. Nearly smacking into the wall in reflex her breaths grow frequent and heavy, coughing at the smoke, as she clings there. What do I do? How will I escape? Fleeting thoughts enter only to be quickly dismissed. Blissex! Of course, he'd know what to do. She presses away from the wall into a standing position and eyes the place she last heard the guards calling his cell. Other seem to be trying to escape in front of her, deep down she hopes the thugs are shut instead of her, feelings she'll surely regret if she lives through this. Crossing the hall in a large step she clings to it and starts to move towards the hub, towards Blissex, ducking in and out of cells as she goes.

Spoiler: Actions; Rolls
    Show
    Unknowingly sneaking into the wookie's cell.

Sneak

(4d6)[4][1][3][1](9)
    Wild Die
    (4d6)[6][5][4][3](18)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sibosa watches as the guards take another shot down the hall, those prisoners weren't going to last long unarmed, eventually the guards were going to get lucky. The prisoners were doing a great job of distracting the guards, this was the perfect chance to free Blissex he couldn't let it slip away.

"No I can't leave, go on and get to safety, I've got a situation that I need to take care of here." He turns back toward the guard station and moves closer to the control panel and tries to get behind some cover then
    pulls out his stun grenade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak Roll: (4d6)[1][5][6][1](13)+2
    Wild Die: (4d6)[4][4][1][2](11)
    Last edited by Lt. Tibbles; 2014-05-03 at 04:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Thinking better of trying to snatch a weapon from an alert guard's hands, Tallulah tries to find something she can use as a weapon.

Perception (5d6)[1][1][5][6][4](17)
    Wild Die (3d6)[2][5][5](12)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Being unarmed, Brin just tries to keep a low profile and hope no one notices her until all this fighting is done. She'll let the fighting types do that for her instead.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Her back against the cell wall closet to the hub her breaths begin to slow to what they once were before the blasters bolts started flying. The smoke still bites at her body as the nauseating compounds seep into the tracheae all over her chitin. Calming down a clouded mind gains some clarity and the environment is less of a blur, except for that humanoid figure in front of her. Her large insectoid eyes attempt to focus in on whatever sort of creature it is, the height and fur giving it away she realizes that she's walked in on the wookie. Letting loose a scream, arms jerk to cover her face from a mauling as she cowers against the wall. "Please don't hurt me! All I did was look at some droids. I'm not a bad person! The people you'd want to hurt are outside; they're the ones keeping you prisoner." Do wookies even understand basic...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I was going to wait till round 2 to post this but now seems like a fine enough time.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-05-04 at 01:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

HalflingRangerGuy

Round 1 summary

Kassafisa continues to have trouble finding her way in the dark.

Q1-ASP turns from the battle and pry open the turbolift doors. Despite his effort, with no power the doors barely budge before becoming stuck again. There is barely room to slide his fingers between the massive doors.

Fxz'et sneaks down the corridor and enters the wookies cell attempting to calm and assist her.

Sibosa dives down behind the control console and readies a stun grenade. The guards pay him little mind instead concerned with the escaping prisoners. He gets little info at this time from his commlink just crys of "we are under attack" and "all hands to your battle stations" He does know that during battle alert the guards will NOT be using stun settings. Durring battle alert all hands are to use lethal force.

Tallaluh searches frantically for anything that can used as a weapon, but finds nothing. The detention block has been scrubbed clean of anything for just this reason.

Once the fighting starts Brin'shak dives back into her cell intending on obeying the guards and keeping safe.

Kas also tries to keep a low profile, but instead of laying in his cell he tries to sneak around to one of the side corridors intending to ambush a guard and get a blaster. He manages to make it unseen into the right corridor where he readies himself to charge on the first guard he sees.

Seeing that Brin has returned to her cell the guards do not fire, but they do take defensive positions at the end of the hall and near the console. Ready to fire on anything that moves. To Sibosa's pleasure they seem to all be bunched together. "God dammit! Back in your cells you maggots!" The commander screams. You have clearly awoken his ire.

From Blissex's cell you hear a heart-rending scream, the voice rings out through the cell block then dies out.

Round 2