Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void IC

Links:
    Out of Character Thread.
    Recruiting Thread

In The Beginning...

In the beginning, there was only darkness before the Material Plane came into being, made by the glorious Creator. It was just a basic world, with nothing on it but water and basic aquatic life. "I wonder what will become of this world? I suppose I shall never know..." said the Creator as he faded away into the Void.

The Birth of Aetherys

Aetherys let out a slight whimper as he appeared in the water of the planet, but he smiled a pantherly smile, showing his teeth once he saw the abundance of the fish to feast on in the world. "Ah yes... This shall do nicely!" he thought as he threw up a fish that went straight into his mouth. "But... I could do with more. Nature itself cannot exist in the water." thought Aetherys as godly power flowed through him into the surrounding water.

Land rose up out from the depths of the sea, a small continent in fact, with equal amounts of forest and grasslands. Animals appeared with the land as it rose up, and Aetherys basked in the sunlight on a grassy green hill jutting slightly in one of the many forests on the land. "This will do nicely" he murmured softly in his mind as he curled up for a nap.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    Start AP: 15.

Create Land: 2 AP

End AP: 13.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Ancients of the Void IC

Forming of the Forsaken

The inky black sky above the new world shivered as a single eye opened, looking down upon the world, four smaller eyes opening above it the central orb. Attraxxii watched the world below with equal measures curiosity and loathing. But it stared for too long, finding its eyes stuck up in the sky, circling the world below. Attraxxii considered asking its brother to assist but chose against such an action, instead the abomination decides to stay where he is, circling the planet and observing.

Show

Weave Plane: 4 AP - Attraxxii turns himself into 5 floating orbs, acting as a set of moons that now orbit the planet.The surface of the orbs are his eyes, and the space between them is solid blackness, obscuring anything beyond.

End AP: 11.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Illumination of Splender

And above the formed mass of earth and water was birthed Celestine, rays of light glancing over the forms that take shape in the sea's murky depths. Frowning, the Goddess knew this was not enough for her purposes.

"There must be Life for there to be Joy, and for Life there must be Warmth" she spoke, chiming throughout the land in a soft melodic sound. Raising her hands towards the black sky, Celestine formed a marvelous globe of pure white flame far above the material plane. Heat emanated from it, removing the deathly chill that once lingered.

Spoiler: AP Action
    Show

Weave Plane: 4 AP - Sun

End AP: 11.
    Last edited by Muja; 2014-04-30 at 01:01 PM.

GiTP Blood Bowl Championship Season V:
    Twisted Rotten
    0-1-0

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mersahj's Awakening

Mersahj awoke in the deepest part of the ocean. She stretched her new body and looked around. She saw the creatures of the deep and instantly knew they were hers and she was theirs. She searched the ocean for beings similar to her in shape and appearance, but none were there.

She ascended from the depths of the ocean to the surface. Her fin crowned head breaching the surface as she takes her first breath of the air the resides above her oceans. Breathing in deeply she the exhaled as she focused. From her mind lept into being her people. Humanoid from the waist up, and instead of giving them her tentacles, she gifts them with fins, ranging from those of the dolphin pods to those unique to their kind, all meant to give her people the swiftness to traverse the open oceans and escape predators or catch prey. In addition to their fins, she gives them the gift of light. Along their bodies small nodes of light shine, lighting the darkness in which they live. She need's to give them a name. She thinks briefly and then settles on naming them after herself. The people of Mersahj, Merfolk.

Mersahj couldn't leave her people fully mundane, she needs to give them an edge, as she is forming them she imbues them with a gift for working the magic in the world around them, and small powers innately.

One last gift to her people. She reaches down and plucks a piece of pink Coral and shapes it into a crown. She selects a woman to wear it. Her name is Lori'sahj. She shall lead her people, and she will pass the crown down to the next leader, when her time is done. The powers of the crown allow the wearer to see the patterns in the weather and so they can easily guide their pod to avoid or make use of incoming storms. It also provides some protection from physical harm.

"Use the gifts I have given you and you will flourish. Now spread throughout the oceans my children and become the rulers of the sea."

With that, Mersahj leaves her people to live their lives as she begins to explore and roam the ocean on her own, but as she does, she hears through the sounds of the ocean their prayers to her.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Starting AP: 15
    Actions: Create Magical Life: Costs 3 AP
    Create Artifact: The Coral Crown Cost 4 AP
    AP Left: 8
    Last edited by Xunthrae; 2014-05-05 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth was born of the questions of the universe. Even Gods have questions, and the Creator was no different. His wonder brought Kereth to life, an answer to the question, a guide to help those along the path they sought.

Kereth knew there were others on the world like him, he could feel the spark of their divine. And so he wandered, and as he did, he saw the world, and knew it for the truth of what it was. His eyes saw the hidden pathways, the ways through the forests on the new land, the currents in the seas. He saw even the path of the watcher in the heaven above, how he became trapped, and how he might free himself. But Kereth's help was not given unless asked, and so he walked on. He saw the sleeping god, the land creator, and saw the multitude of paths stretched out before it. Kereth learned that day of the pathways of gods, and how complex it was to guide them. But he did not wish to disturb the god, and so he simply left a small mark of himself, a lantern drawn in soft light, near the sleeping god, and walked on.

Kereth saw that mortals had come into the world, deep in the oceans and that it would be he that guided them on their journeys, both through this world, and the next. So he raises his lantern, and pours his divine power into it. He makes it a beacon for the souls of the deceased, to guide them away from the void, to keep them safe, and then to ferry them onward to the afterlife their god had designed for them. Kereth knew this was not enough, and so until his brothers and sisters created a place for their mortal souls, Kereth made his own, to keep all souls until they could be entrusted to the god they chose. So just as the light of the lantern called souls away from the void, the Lantern itself served as a pocket dimension, where all the souls pulled into the lantern could rest in peace and safety, until they were collected.

Spoiler: AP Summary
    Show

4: Create Relic (Kereth's Lantern)
    - Modified Bless Effect: Draws Souls to itself, guiding them through the void and bringing them to the Souls Fields
    4: Weave Plane (Soul Fields)
    - Kereth's Lantern holds this plane within itself, and all souls brought to the lantern travel here. The plane itself is a place of peace and tranquility, where the dead can have their questions answered and their worries assuaged before passing on to individual after life's created by their own gods. Kereth travels this plane often, giving comfort and guidance to the dead.

OOC: (The Soul Fields is open for any other god to create on its outskirts a portal to their own afterlife, and a guardian/judge that ferries souls to their specific afterlife. You only need to ask)

Remaining AP: 7/15
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-04-30 at 01:05 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

From the light, came a humanoid figure. It then descended to the ground, reflecting the light off its metal armor. The woman stood up and looked at the landscape. She then drew her sword and planted it into the ground. She then spoke. "On this spot, I will make a new race. They will be versatile, able to attack any challenge. They will be stalwart, never surrendering even in the shadow of defeat. Finally, they will be free, not forced to serve any god or goddess. Here, Humanity will begin." AS she withdrew her sword, the dirt rose into humanoid forms and then the dirt changed into flesh, blood, and bone. Humanity was created

"I am Lady Aleru, Queen of Chivalry. I created you to do as you please, but I urge you to follow the path of good. Whether you are dedicated to freedom, justice, mercy, honor, etc., you will be rewarded tenfold. Now go, and know that everything has its consequences, but not all consequences are bad."

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    15-2=13

-2: Humans
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-04-30 at 02:37 PM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Elafriel

Having been awaken for some time, was just enjoying the cold soft flow of air in the upper atmosphere lulled into a trance of calm and blissfullness, that was until the sudden warmth of a giant ball of fire suddenly hanging in the sky above her, broke her out of it, the heat suffocating and repulsing her very being.
    How had this madness come to be? who were responsible for this blasfemy? Her first thought, was to extinguish the big ball of fire, but no matter what she tried her powers didn't affect this foreign object, and she was unable to quelch its flames.
    Having failed at affecting the sun directly Elafriel then turned her attention towards the moons in the sky "maybe the heat would subside, if she moved one of the moons infront of it?" As she tried to reach out with her powers to grab hold of the nearest moon, she was surprised when instead of finding solid rock, she found a mind like her own.
    She knew instinctively that it was her sibling, who though born into existence on the same plane as her, was somehow different, it hadn't taken the form of either male nor female and It had somehow rooted itself in the wast black emptiness surrounding the world.
    Withdrawing her powers as soon as she felt the presence of her siblings mind, she reached out and spoke to it
    "Hello i am Elafriel and what should i call you?"
    "I need your cooperation in sheltering this world, against the harmful rays of fire"
    "Your heavenly bodies would be an invaluable defense, if you could place them in between the sun, and this world i would be very grateful"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth felt Purpose calling to him. The Lantern at his side shown brightly, and suddenly, he appeared before Elafriel as she asked her questions of the not-moons. Kereth heard her plea, and thought for a moment, then spoke.

"Sister. To extinguish this light, burning though it may be, would be to doom many living things that our siblings have created. They cannot live in endless darkness, any more than you could live in endless light. Surely there is a path by which both may be appeased. I am called Kereth, and I will help you, if you will but allow me to do so."
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Domi, The Lawbringer

Domi blinks into existence as if he has always been there. Perhaps he has, perhaps he has not. Either way it matters not, for the Lawbringer is here now. He notices all of the creations so far and is pleased. However, he also notices right away that there will be conflict. Already there is conflict over warmth and cold, light and darkness. "I supposed it will always be so. Opposites will always oppose each other and conflict is the only outcome." Domi looks around and admires how industrious his siblings have been. "Enough of me being inactive. I think it is time to serve my purpose."

Domi moves to the void and finds a nice area to call home. Nothing to big or extravagant, more of a place to reward those who dedicate their life to fighting evil and chaos. With significant thought he creates the realm of Kreaxe, a realm of light, order, and protection. Kreaxe will be a place where his warriors can rest after fighting the good fight. Domi smiles in his new realm. But, who should he share it with?

Domi decides then to create a race that is an extension of his will. Beings of pure Law, pure good, who have the innate desire to protect others. They are mostly humanoid in nature and are akin to what humans would think of as angels. "These will be Guardians, and they will be the protectors of this world."

And with those two creations, Domi sets back in Kreaxe and enjoys his creations.

Spoiler
    Show

Weave Plane: Kreaxe -4AP
    Create Fabled Life: Guardians -4AP
    7/15AP
    Last edited by Xealot7; 2014-04-30 at 05:50 PM.
    Thanks to spectralphoenix for the great Avatar.

10. - Top - End - #10

Mersahj felt the outrage of her sister. The heat from the sky was more taxing on her skin that the darkness before, but she can see the benefits it could have for her people. She swam to Elafriel and Kereth.

"Sister of Ice, I am Mersahj. Maybe I can aid in this endeavor. With your help, and the help of we can turn the world away from the fire to set in motion a cycle which would split the time it shine on the world letting you have your ice, they will have their heat. Also I can force the currents to carry heat away from the top and the bottom of the world, that can be your place."
    Last edited by Xunthrae; 2014-04-30 at 06:44 PM.
    "Awww, look at that mortal trying to use a scroll, isn't he adorable ? who's a good mortal ? You are, yes you are. Here have a fireball"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

As humanity started to grow, they made tribes. One tribe, however, decided to settle down at a river. The tribe formed a village, which ALeru visited upon it's formation. The crowd bowed at her and then she said "This village will soon become a town, and then a castle. Then from this castle, a kingdom, but what sort of kingdom has no king or queen. Thus I have three tests for him her. First, who wishes to rule." a few men and women step forward. "You may leave. A good ruler does not want to be one." the ones who stepped forward walked away, some disappointed, some shamed, others angry. "Now, who amongst you is a fool." only a few stepped up. "You are the wisest amongst them. Everyone else, leave." Same scenario as before except it applied to the fools who thought they were wise. "Finally, a test of bravery, for bravery is needed to do what isn't safe or popular. You must catch this sword while it comes down. After that. You must fight me. There is one thing you must know. First, you can't kill me, for you are all just mortals. Second, I can kill you. Now I am going to toss my blade into the air. One of you must catch it. Hopefully you won't lose a hand. You ready?" The 3 remaining noded. When the sword was tossed in the air, all three raised their hand, but when it came closer, only one had the courage to keep. Just when it was about to cut his hand, the blade moved so that the hilt lands in his hands. He catched it and all of a sudden, he learned how to use it. He looked down and saw armor and a shield. "Go ahead. It would be fair if you didn't have your own set." She donned the armor and equiped the shield. Then Aleru said. "Now we duel. You may have the first move." The man then swung his sword. It cut Aleru's right arm when it hit the gap in the armor. Aleru countered with a vicous onslaught. The man was scared to death, but he stood fast. Aleru continued her attack. The man was close to death, but then. "Well done, you fought on despite staring death in the face." The man then noticed his wounds were gone. "What is your name." The man said

"Calderis."

"King Calderis, I give you control of This land stretching from the mountains down to the coast. This is your land. Let it be ruled justly."

"I will, my lady."

After the test, Aleru decided to visit one of her siblings. She then faded from the main plane of existance to another one, a holy one. She saw a god in a plane called Kreaxe. She bowed and said. "Greetings, brother. I am Lady Aleru, Queen of Chivalry. I have come to meet you, a like minded individual."

Spoiler: Ap actions
    Show
    13-6=7
    Form society- Kingdom of Galvastia
    Raise Hero: King Calderis Honorshield
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Attraxxii had not expected so many of its siblings to be interested in him. His massive eyes started at them unblinking, and then his voice echoed from the five moons, though only the deities could hear it.

"THE ORB OF FIRE BURNS BRIGHT, AND THIS ONE SQUINTS IN THE LIGHT, BUT THIS ONCE CAN SOLVE MANY PROBLEMS AT ONCE. IF THIS ONE WOULD HAVE THE AID OF ITS SIBLINGS. THIS ONE WILL CIRCLE THE SKY, BLOCKING THE SUN NOW AND THEN SO THE WORLD DOES NOT BURN IN ITS CONSTANT LIGHT. THIS ONE'S MOVEMENTS WILL ALSO SHIFT THE WATER BELOW, MAKING IT RUSH INTO THE LAND THEN RECEDE, BASED ON WHERE THIS ONE IS IN THE SKY. THE LIGHT WILL BURN THIS ONE'S BACK WHEN IT COVERS THE FLAMES, BUT THIS ONE WILL ADAPT."

It waited for the opinions of its equals, it would enact the plan with or without their permission.

Edit: Capslocked Attraxxii's text, he has no indoor voice, and sounds similar to the Atraxi aliens from Doctor Who (the floating eyeballs surrounded by crystals that were seeking Prisoner Zero).
    Last edited by Croverus; 2014-05-01 at 01:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

"A sound plan. And one that I believe will serve all who are involved well enough. I cannot speak for my sisters, but it seems to be a compromise, a path by which all may benefit. My thanks, moon god. I will depart, for it seems my council is no longer needed." Kereth nods to all, and the lantern in his hand glows. As its light winks out, so to is Kereth gone, though he does not hide his presence from their sight. True to his word, the Guide has gone elsewhere to seek where he is needed.

As he wanders, he feels the first mortal souls, both human and merfolk, break free of their bodies. In that instant, Kereth is beside them, a kind friend to help them. "Come with me." he says softly. "Your time on this world is done, but for you is not the darkness of the void. Come follow, for the light will never lead you astray." As each of the souls assents, Kereth's Lantern glows briefly. They follow the guiding Light of the Lantern, and though the void is dark, they find their way easy, and the journey peaceful.

The souls of the merfolk find tranquil waters in the Soul Fields, the coral and fish of their undersea world no less beautiful in this world. Here they have found a place where they can rest with ease until Mersahj can come for them, and take them into her arms. The humans find rewards they had not imagined in life, their hardships eased and their toil non-existent. The warriors among them found honor and glory, but all humans found peace in the Soul Fields, waiting for their god or goddess to come for them. Kereth wandered among them, few though they may be, a saw that they were happy. And so the Guide was pleased, and he knew that one small Purpose was fulfilled as he did so.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

The Man and the Spade
    There was a tribe down the river, still unnamed, but already touched by the gods. They had only just figured out the basics of agriculture and lived in small huts tending their fields. Life was hard, but honest, and each member of the tribe had its fair share. They were content, even if they had been shown what was to come.

There was one man in this vilage named Tommen. Tommen didn't think himself a very smart person or a very brave person. He didn't own a lot of land and didn't want to rule. He had one thing that made him special though, he was inquisitive and he was lazy. While his fellow tribesmen tended their crops by hand growing tough with callous skin he looked over his farm and thought: There must be an easier way.

He waded into the river and got a stone, polished by the constant deluge and honed to a thin, but strong sharpened spade. He took this to his hut and started messing around with it, noticing that it could be used to scoop some of the dirt, effectively easing his work when he had to plough the fields. He still wasn't quite convinced because he still had to kneel over the field where he was digging and the stone was quite uncomfortable to hold, but it was quite an improvement. Soon his neighbours saw him using the stone and after a while the whole tribe was using flat stones instead of their hands when plowing the fields.

Then, one night, a year later Tommen was sitting in his hut scowling at the stone. His hands where cleaner and smoother, but he still got blisters from the stone. on his table lay a bit of plant fiber and a few thicker branches he had been using to spool the fiber. Then he looked at the stone and back at the fiber. Suddenly a spark filled his mind and his eyes started to gleam. What if... he thought. As he started working with a renewed determination, almost as if something outerworldly was guiding his hands.

The man diligently worked and soon his rock was tied to a long stick, he looked at his creation still in a happy haze of invention when he noticed two hands on his arms. He hadn't noticed it before, caught up in his work, but around him the hands of another person had slowly faded into existence. The hands had been guiding him in his inspiration and as he twisted around to look at the person touching him they left his body and an older man stepped back.

Who... Who are you? Tommen asked, a sense of apprehension filling him. Was this another of the divine ones? He certainly had an outworldly quality, much like the god Aleru. But something seemed different about him. Where Aleru had been regal this man was old and beaten, slightly hunched. Where Aleru had been friendly, but authorative, much like a father, this man had a kindly mischievous smile.

The man pushed him aside Ooooh, excellent craftsmanship that! You're doing quite well... For a savage. He didn't know how to feel about that, did that man just call him a savage? But as he opened his mouth to protest the man headed him off, Oh, don't take it personal. This world is young, and by my perspective you are all savages. Or... You were. You just made a great discovery, the first invention which will ultimately lead to greatness for your kind. The old man bowed to him. But I forget myself, humans are so interesting, and if I don't stop myself I won't get anything done. I am Nester, the word had a kind of gravity to it, and slowly the man seemed to be growing in stature, his aura overwhelming the tiny light that lit up the hut. And you were quite correct in your ponderings earlier. I am indeed a god, I am the spark that lies behind all creativity, and it is through me that you will rise to great heights.

The god stepped forward and touched the face of the mortal, suddenly a flash of understanding filling its mind, he saw huge cities with ivory walls, wagon trains laden with goods, intricate timepieces, and swords made of the strongest steel. In his mind he heard a voice This, and much more lies in the future of your kingdom, but it will not be founded on the sweat of your backs alone. Without creativity and invention it will stagnate and eventually turn to dust. This is my gift to you. Use it wisely. Then the voice was gone, as were the images. And with a start Tommen awoke. He looked around and noticed it was already day. He stepped out of the cottage blinking into the sunlight. He didn't quite understand what had happened to him, but his mind was overflowing with new ideas, plans and trinkets. He was going to get really busy really soon.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to do AP expenditure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Create Lesser Concept (Tools) (1): This concept covers rudimentary tools like farming equipment and fishing poles. Tools can be used as weapons, but aren't as effective as real weapons.

15-1=14 AP Left
    Last edited by Venetian Mask; 2014-04-30 at 09:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth watched as the new god guided the human. He had been in that town, for a human was close to death, and Kereth could feel his soul pulling from his mortal shell. Still, Kereth watched, and saw something of himself. This one, he thought, was a guide as well.

Kereth finished his work in the town, sending the man's soul onward, and then found Nester. "Brother", he said, "you have my compliments. You and I are alike, in part. We are both guides, in our own way." Kereth nods his head, a greeting to an equal, "may the light keep your path clear from all that would cause you to stumble." Kereth raise his lantern as he intones the words, a blessing, unnecessary but still a mark of respect.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Another divine. How interesting. The two old men looked at eachother. A guide... Yes, you could call me that, the god said with a chuckle I sense many will name me a meddler instead. Regardless, my thanks for the kind words, it is to be seen if my influence shall live up to them. A frown darkened the old gods face, evaporating just as fast as it appeared.

With the concern faded Nester extends a hand to the god. And my blessing to you, that you may never be dumbfounded and that your creativity may never dry. It is good to meet a similar soul, I feel some of our extended family may not be as interested in guiding the mortals.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

"Be that as it may, all we can do is the best with what we are given. Fare well, inventor. I expect we shall see one another soon enough. Should you need anything, only ask for guidance." Kereth smiles wryly. "I will hear, and come."

Kereth's Lantern glows brightly, and suddenly the god is gone. He walks the Soul Fields for a time, thinking upon what he has seen, and how best to guide the fledgling mortals, and his kin, along the paths they sought.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Wakening

Aetherys blinked as he looked up at the bright sky and stretched before noticing the lantern, to which he circled around threateningly. "A trap? Must be a trap, what else could a lantern be, used for light?" he scoffed.

He crept closer and as he did, he noticed that it glowed slightly with power akin to his. "There are others..?" he thought suspiciously. He pounced on the lantern and with a terrified yelp he was drawn into it, teleported to its master.

Kereth

Aetherys tumbled out of Kereth's lantern with a strangled yowl as he noticed a divine being beside him. He quickly assembled a humanoid form pleasing to him and introduced himself. "Greetings, other divine being. I thought I was alone on this world but looking around, it looks like there are more than just myself. I am Aetherys. And, you are?" he said with a deep voice that reminded you of the growl of his other form.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2014-05-01 at 12:17 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth was quite surprised when the cat popped into existence in the Soul Fields, tumbling from the lantern hanging rom his staff. Though, after a moment's thought, it became obvious what had happened. What he intended as simply a greeting card of sorts had obviously brought the other god here.

"Aetherys." Kereth says, almost testing the sound of the name. "It is good to meet you. I am Kereth, and I light the paths for those who seek my guidance. I see you found my lantern. I have found a few others such as ourselves, some in the sky and others in the sea. Allow me to welcome to the Soul Fields." Kereth gestures to the expanse around them, already taking on the idea characteristics of the god now dwelling, as trees and vines grew quickly, with solid trunks for climbing and sun overhead for basking. "This is where the mortals come when their forms can no longer sustain their essence. What would you have of me, since you have come all this way?"
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-04-30 at 11:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

Domi
    Plane of Kreaxe

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post

After the test, Aleru decided to visit one of her siblings. She then faded from the main plane of existance to another one, a holy one. She saw a god in a plane called Kreaxe. She bowed and said. "Greetings, brother. I am Lady Aleru, Queen of Chivalry. I have come to meet you, a like minded individual."
    Domi smiles at the arrival of his sibling.

"Greetings Lady Aleru, it is a pleasure to meet the Queen of Chivalry. I am impressed with Humans and how you have organized them. I would like to offer my Guardians to serve as defenders of your humans should it ever become necessary. My Guardians were created to protect and as such, have arguably less free will than your humans. I look forward to long and prosperous relationship between us."

Domi smiles as he awaits Lady Aleru's response.

(Posting from phone. Will add text color and formatting later.)
    Last edited by Xealot7; 2014-05-01 at 10:25 AM.
    Thanks to spectralphoenix for the great Avatar.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kereth was quite surprised when the cat popped into existence in the Soul Fields, tumbling from the lantern hanging rom his staff. Though, after a moment's thought, it became obvious what had happened. What he intended as simply a greeting card of sorts had obviously brought the other god here.

"Aetherys." Kereth says, almost testing the sound of the name. "It is good to meet you. I am Kereth, and I light the paths for those who seek my guidance. I see you found my lantern. I have found a few others such as ourselves, some in the sky and others in the sea. Allow me to welcome to the Soul Fields." Kereth gestures to the expanse around them, already taking on the idea characteristics of the god now dwelling, as trees and vines grew quickly, with solid trunks for climbing and sun overhead for basking. "This is where the mortals come when their forms can no longer sustain their essence. What would you have of me, since you have come all this way?"
    The Soul Fields

"God of the Afterlife then huh? We'll do well then, for I intend on sending some poor souls up here to join their brethren" growled Aetherys with a slight menacing tone. As he said this, roots rose up from the ground to wrap around him and slowly drag him into the earth. "Good day Kereth, we shall meet again I'm sure" he said with a smirk on his face as he was swallowed up.

The Grassy Knoll

A hole appeared atop the knoll as Aetherys jumped up out of it as the grass reformed beneath him. "So if there's one.. then there's others" he surmised. He vanished and reappeared atop the tallest tree in the forest, at the very center of the forest. He could see across the land, for the tree was that large. He spied the humans, who defiled nature with their very being as well as the merfolk who polluted the waters with their essence.

"These beings are destroying my glorious nature just by being there" he spat angrily, swaying slowly on the treetop. "They will rue the day they have done this, I swear it" he swore as he reappeared below the great tree. He waved his hands as the very ground rose up in front of him, creating new trees as it went.. Or so they seemed. But they were sentient walking trees, grown to protect nature and its inhabitants. "Greetings, my Wood Walkers! Today, we shall take back nature! Today, we shall take back what is rightfully ours!" Aetherys roared as the Wood Walkers raised their wooden arms to the sky as they all went their separate ways throughout the forest to find the borders and watch for any interference with nature.

Show
    Start AP: 13.

Create Fabled Life AP4: Wood Walkers, essentially treants made from large oak trees that communicate telepathically. They have the ability to morph their arms into weapons of nature, for example, they can change them into a long wooden blade as strong as iron, or into a broad wooden shield a foot thick.

End AP: 9.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Thank you sibling for helping me in my predicament, though i fear it will not be enough for me, to once more call this place my home, i appriciate all the help you have given."

Elafriel looked at the creations made, and with that in mind she grapped a piece of air and started forming it to her will, she saw how the birds dominated the sky, humans the earth and merfolk the sea. And with that in mind, she made her imagination come to life, with the form of a bird and body of a man she breathed life into her creation and the avian race was born, "i gift these children of the air to you sibling in the sky, may they do your bidding and serve you well, these messengers of the moons."

"Well met brother Kereth and sister Mersahj i am Elafriel, though i care not for the lives of the creations under the sun, your compassion and willingness to help me in my predicament have lessened the anger in my heart. For your compassion i will forfeit my endeavor of quenching this ball of fire, though i fear i will no longer be able to call this home" Elafriel gestures to the upper atmosphere with sadness in her eyes

"Farewell brother though i don't agree with you, and far from sees this problem as solved."
    Elafriel notes upon Kereths departure "He's a quirky one that Kereth, one minute he offers to help me in my problem, the next he sees the problem as solved"

I'm afraid i don't see the problem quite as solved as our brother, what do you purpose as a solution to my predicament dear sister?

Spoiler
    Show

Create Fabled life 4ap: Avians they are basically big humanoid birds, much like angels in stature though more bird than man, they are able to fly in the black matter surrounding the world and thereby don't need air to survive or fly. Avians use telepathy as their primary language. Their purpose is to serve and do the bidding of Attraxxii until he gives them another purpose.
    11/15 ap left

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xealot7 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Domi
    Plane of Kreaxe

Domi smiles at the arrival of his sibling.

"Greetings Lady Aleru, it is a pleasure to meet the Queen of Chivalry. I am impressed with Humans and how you have organized them. I would like to offer my Guardians to serve as defenders of your humans should it ever become necessary. My Guardians were created to protect and as such, have arguably less free will than your humans.

I look forward to long and prosperous relationship between us."

Domi smiles as he awaits Lady Aleru's response.

(Posting from phone. Will add text color and formatting later.)
    "I would gladly accept their help. I thank you, Brother."
    Deviant Art account

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Attraxxii wills his moons to begin circling the world below, moving through the sky day and night. At night his moons cast a cool purple light across the land. During the day his light was washed out by the sun, but he was still visible in the sky, each day his path took him closer and closer, until one day he passed in front of the sun directly, catching the flame and blocking the light from reaching the world. His eyes shown red instead of purple, and he stayed in front of the sun for the remainder of that day.

"FROM NOW AND FOREVER, SUCH WILL IT BE; THIS ONE BLOTS OUT THE SUN AND RED ALL WILL SEE.
    TEN SCORE DAYS PASS, IT WILL HAPPEN ONCE MORE; AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, EVERY TEN SCORE.
    THIS ECLIPSE WILL CAUSE MANY STRANGE EVENTS TO TAKE PLACE; AS THE CREATURES OF DAYLIGHT SEE ONLY THIS FACE.
    THIS ONE SENDS THEM GIFTS, SOME GOOD AND SOME BAD; SOME STRONG, SOME SMART, SOME ROTTEN OR MAD.
    FIRST THE MERFOLK, WHO LIVE IN THE SEA; SOME SINK TO THE DEPTHS, AS DEEP AS CAN BE.
    THERE THEY WILL CHANGE, ADAPT AND GROW; LOSS OF MAGIC AND MIND, THEY BECOME SO.
    LOCATHAH THEY BE, MERFOLK ABERRATION; FIRST TO CHANGE ON THIS OCCASION."

The red light cast on the day of the sun's eclipse by the moon washes over the ocean. One of Attraxxii's great tentacles reaches down towards a colony of merfolk and slams into the water, the current created pulling some of them deep down into the ocean depths, much too deep for normal merfolk to survive. But Attraxxii sends a spark of his chaos into those that are dragged down, aided by the light of the eclipse. The merfolk dragged into the blacky depths mutate into various shapes, some with gaping jaws, bulbous eyes, rows of needle sharp teeth, or tentacles with hooks. They lose their ability to use magic and become less intelligent and more violent, and unable to stand the light of day. They are only a threat to merfolk who swim too deep, though at night a stray may venture towards the surface, little more than a violent beast.

Attraxxii moved away from the sun, it had many eclipses to come and would enact changes on the other races then. For now it turned to the gifts given by the sister, majestic avian beings. Two of the small moons were hollowed out and the Avians were given to roost there. Attraxxii was unsure what to do with them for now.

As a side effect of Attraxxii circling the world, the oceans moved to follow his path, swelling up towards him. The created rolling tides to form, rising on one end of the large landmass, continuing along each coast line, then the waters would recede as they rose on the other side of the continent. And so on.

Show

Start AP: 11

Create Monstrous Life: 1 AP - Create the Locathah, mutated versions of Merfolk, they resemble deep sea life, have no magic, and are barely more intelligent than animals. They are stronger than Merfolk and more prone to violence, but stay away from the shallower waters.

Curse Merfolk: 1 AP - The creation of the Locathah caused a large number of deaths among Merfolk, and the violence of the new creations for those that dove after their afflicted kin only to find them violent beasts.

Alter Land: 1 AP - All coastlines are now subject to rolling tidal patterns.

Create Magical Concept: 3 AP - The Red Eclipse, an event that occurs once every 100 days where the Attraxxii central Moon covers the sun for a whole day, casting red light across the day-side of the world. During this time strange events take place: mutations are more common, aberrations are stronger and can appear from no where, everything becomes a bit more chaotic. When magic is introduce to the world, the Red Eclipse can cause magic to become chaotic and unpredictable.

Two of the Moons are hollowed out for the Avians to roost in, as they were created with a Weave Plane action this costs me nothing to alter them.

End AP: 5

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth was saddened by the violence done to the merfolk, and the deaths it caused. Still he was there, to guide their souls, violently wrenched but separated nonetheless, to the Soul Fields. There were too many for Kereth to guide on his own, and so, out of need, he created shards of himself, that could serve to guide souls as he would. And in that creation, he sent one back to his sisters. He had abandoned them, for other tasks had called. But now, he had no need, and could attend to their guidance without taxing his own Purpose.

Mersahj and Elafriel

Kereth returns, and though little time has passed, it seems that something has changed. Still, it was in Kereth's nature to guide, and so he approached the two. "Forgive me for leaving earlier sister, I had thought myself stretched too thin. Now I have found my solution, and so am able to help you find yours. You cannot live here, even with the light extinguished some of the time?" Kereth looks puzzled. "It is blinding, yes, and ill-suited to guide, for its light is too powerful, but it cannot be endured?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

The Forge of Sparks
    After talking to the god of death Nester decided to retire. He put his finger on the ground and drew a doorway in the air, ground drew up from the earth and formed a portal of earth. He looked through the portal, a satisfied smile on his face. Yes... This will do nicely. The god muttered to himself as he stepped through the portal, the doorway collapsing as soon as he stepped over the treshold.

The god arrived in a forge, heat blasting at him from all sides. The sounds of hammers beating on anvils filled the room and the workshop was lit by the red glare of the fires, tools laid all around Nesters workshop. To work then. The god muttered to himself as he took a few tanned hides from their racks quickly forming them into a sturdy leather apron. He enchanted the apron with some divine power. A worksman without tools is useless, this apron will always carry the tools I need. As the god donned his apron he walked over to another forge.

A god in the Machine
    He took out some scraps of metal and began working on a new project. After a few hours hard craft he looked at his creation, satisfied. The creation was a golem of metal, looking like a suit of armor.I will name you Mobius, first of the Autons, Nester spoke, touching the head of the Auton with a single finger. Sparks of all color traveled from his hand to the Auton as it was filled with pure divine essence. The Autons will be my servants, creating the greatest wonders and inspiring the mortals to the greatest heights. They shall be built after your template. As the deity spoke metal in the workshop started stirring and combining to form more golems. Each a bit different depending on the metal they were made from.

A surprised frown formed on the old gods face as he looked at his creation, feeling something familiar. But you, my son, are different, I sense that I may have infested too much of my power in your creation. I sense more than just essence in you, I sense the spark of the divine. The deity stepped back from his kneeling son, offering a single extended hand. Arise, my son, for your spark fills you with much potential. You shan't be my servant, for you are my equal. Accept this blessing my son and join me as one of the Mechanicus, the gods of machines and progress.

With that he holds out a single hand awaiting his son to grasp it.Sparks coalescing around the extended hand in an offer of kinship, an offer of power. A new understanding filled his mind. He was to be a god of crafters and engineers and with that understanding a new domain unlocked for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weave Plane (4): The Forge of Sparks is an ever expanding workshop. There is no outside on this plane and the only light is provided by the blazing fires of the forges. A sound of hammering fills the air and the scent of smoke and melting iron lies heavy on whoever enters. The forge is operated by the Autons.
    Create Fabled Life (4): The Autons are the messengers and servants of Nester. They can look like many different things, differing hugely in size and form, but they all have a function in the Forge. They rarely leave this plane, and if they do it is either in the function as messengers between their master and other fabled beings or the gods, or as bearers of inspiration to the mortal races.
    Gather Pantheon (2): The Mechanicus is a pantheon of machine gods. The pantheon is open to all who wish to help spread science, technology and rationality. The pantheon is True Neutral like its chief deity accepting any kind of god as long as his goals coincide with those of the pantheon, the furthering of mortal and divine knowledge.
    Gain Domain (Engineering (Mechanics)) (3) - From creating the Forge and the Autons Nester has gained a deepened connection with the mechanical and thus gained the domain of Engineering.

14-13=1AP

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Introductions of the being of infinite potential

Mobius looked up at the god. His mouth opening and out came a growl like the sound of machinery, the sound quite fearsome but also just as neutral. Reverential Statement: Mobius, as in the mobius strip. A symbol of the infinite. It brings a metal hand down to its chest feeling the overflowing potential that was inside of him. An appropriate name. Reaching up he grasps his father's hand Respectfully: I shall be one of the Mechanicus. The representative of the hope that technology shall bring, and the potential inside everything. With that Mobius pulls himself up and shakes his fathers hand. Like a hammer striking metal, sparks fly as the bond is made. HesitantlyI fear father that there may come another father, one who represents the opposite of myself. As we both know for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. While technology can bring great good it can also do evil as well.

Not long afterwards Mobius gets to work. Crafting things in the forge with his father, they make countless Autons and other devices that would bring the gods to envy in their complexity and use. All the while Mobius thought about his father and the world below. After some time the Artificial God approached his father, flanked by two autons. Dutiful Statement: I have spent much time in the Sparkforge, I know it's workings inside and out. With certainty: were you to ask me to I would be able to draw the complex with no mistake, so well do I know it. Apologetically: Today I will be leaving the forge, I feel myself drawn to the world of the mortals and I know that someday the potential inside me will keep me from entering their plane. Matter of fact statement I will be taking Zero and ONe with me. Informatively: They have made voice their desire to follow me. I have agreed that they may follow me and experience the realm of man. With that the god turns from his father and leaves, walking through the Sparkforge, till he comes to the door made long ago and just as long forgotten, and walks through it.

The Journey of the Nameless Automaton or The beginning of the great port city of Klein

The door that Mobius walked through was a peculiar one of sorts, it sensed the god's desire and transported him to where he asked: the plane of man. It was through this that a Shepard saw a large door appear in a field and out walked three large metal men...or could they be three giants in heavy armor? The Shepard did not know nor did he wait to find out, for these were no doubt more demons brought about by the red moon and he ran off back to the village he called home, praying to whatever god would listen.

The god stood at the portal, looking at the new environment. It was not made mostly of metal as the long halls and gangplanks of the Sparkforge were, it was organic the floors made of dirt the walls composed of nothing but air, for there were no walls, and unlike the Sparkforge it was lit by a large burning light that hung in the sky. All this he took in while sheep bleated around him. Then he began to walk, a steady rhythmic pace. He moved without tire for unlike others he needn't eat nor rest no matter how long he traveled, and his servants were the same. So they walked creation, taking everything in and observing what man had made. Those brave enough would travel with the trio for it didn't take long for word to spread of the metal men who traveled the land. Those that traveled with him were under his protection and would find themselves safe from those that would prey on them for as long as they could keep up with the god.

Eventually he made his way to the ocean and without pause he walked into the sea and there he traveled, not needing air. He walked along the floor of the ocean, observing the creations of mer. He found them wanting for it seemed as though his father had forgotten of them. This troubled him for they were far more scarce than man, it seemed some tragedy had befallen them dwindling their numbers and plaguing them with a monstrous foe. He continued onward till he reached an inlet off the coast of one of the countries of man and near one of the blighted cities of the mer.

Turning to his followers the machine god spoke for the first time in his journey. Mournful Realization: The mer are plagued by abominations and the humans live in fear of the red moon. Determined Statement: With technology they can be protected and with unity they can be saved. Regretfully: In our current states we too frighten them. therefore we must change as well.

Mobius turned to Zero and removed its legs. He fused them together to form a tail, then stripped its chest of parts that were unnecessary streamlining it With the excess parts he made tanks for ballast and put them inside the rebuilt Auton. Lastly he moved to the Auton's face modifying it into that of the merfolk. Stern Command: Zero you are to go to the city of the merfolk nearby and tell them of this inlet. Tell them that it is a place presided over by a god that will bring man and mer together. With that Zero left the inlet.

Mobius then turned to ONe. The Auton already resembled that of a man but too tall. The Artificial God quickly made the slight adjustments needed and cut the auton down to a more reasonable size. In the process he remodeled her body to closer resemble that of a womans and less that of the autons back at the sparkforge. Comforting remark:There ONe your appearance closer resembles that of a woman. Stern Command: Go to the nearby kingdom of man and tell them that here they may seek shelter from the red moon in the shadow of a god, and that the sea will contain allies against what might come from there as it will also be the home of the Mer. With that ONe left as well to deliver her message to the city of man.

After Zero and ONe had left Mobius looked to the land, compartments opened in his chassis and out came hordes innumerable of tiny machines they blanketed the land and the sea floor and quickly they changed it. First they raised a pillar underneath Mobius raising him out of the ocean. Then they cut a pass into the mountain surrounding the inlet and flattened the surrounding earth and fertilizing it. Then they changed the parts under the water changing the landscape to allow for the dwellings of the merfolk to reside. The minuscule machines worked fast and tirelessly forming the land into an area that seemed empty for lack of a city. As the work was finished the ocean of machines swarmed back into the gods body.

Not long had he finished than when his faithful servants returned followed by the first of what would eventually form the city of Klein. Mobius just stood there on a pillar watching as the city grew up around him. Taking two last deific acts before he took his rest, first he blessed the city and its inhabitants and then with a thought a spark rose out of his chest and burst over the city infusing itself with the land and the buildings and the people. With that he felt tired for the first time in his existence, he'd put his all into protecting these people, he could feel something welling up inside of him. But he was far too tired to let it blossom.

Over time a city formed around what the people believed to be the statue of the god involved. The City of Klein as it became known, a place where one could find protection. The Autons Zero and ONe guarded the city and helped the people build for as their master rested they would need to do their part in furthering his divine work.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

15-1=14 Joined a pantheon
    14-8=6 Create Heroes (Zero and ONe)
    6-1=5 Alter Land
    5-1=4 Blessing
    4-2=2 Form Society
    2-2=0 Divine Infusion
    The blessing bestowed upon the city of Klein, puts the inhabitants under the divine protection of Mobius as well as having the side effect of increasing the potential of the individuals who live there or call the place home. As a side effect though those that live in the city always seem to have a bit of a monotone though.
    Last edited by Inane Gestures; 2014-05-05 at 09:08 AM.
    I don't know why you're wearing men's clothes you're obviously an attractive woman.

28. - Top - End - #28

Mersahj Looked upon her sister kindly. She could understand her frustration. If the seas had been reduced she would be furious at the culprit too, so maybe a compromise can be made.

"Sister, you could move away from this sun-baked part of the world and into the unlit other side, where the fire does not shine upon creation. Or we can spite the creator and make the world spin to create a cycle of light and dark. Also to create a place more suited for you we can create polar regions in the north and south, I could use the currents in the oceans and you the winds in the sky to move the heat away from those regions. Together with our combined powers we can become greater. "

Mersahj spoke with Ealfriel in one form, while delving to the deepest parts of the ocean in another.

She is searching for a powerful natural creature. One to base an idea off of. Other gods are creating their guardians and warriors, why shouldn't she? Mersahj looked at the swift fish, as well as the solitary sharks. None would do. She wants behemoths of her own, creatures which epitomize the destruction and power of ocean storms. She takes a strand of light from her head and weaves it into a massive form. She gifts upon them magic, granting them dominion the over storms and disasters of the oceans. Leviathan. That is what they are. They will be a mere six strong, but powerful.

"Go my heralds. Be not afraid of weaker creatures, you shall be the wrath of the seas incarnate. Protect my first born, that is your duty."

After commanding her Leviathan's to go, she notices there was an extra being created when she made her most Sacred being. A kind of -thing- made of a watery substance.

"Curious thing you are. Who are you, my child? I've yet to see a creation as odd as you, yet."

Show

AP=8
    Create Fabled Life: 6 Leviathan's (-4)
    Bestow Magical Concept onto leviathan: Storm magic (-3)
    Current AP: 1

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the darkest night think that it is dark? It is not dark, there are the stray lights in the sky, the fires of hearths and most importantly the lack of pressure.

Do you know what true darkness is?

It is the fathoms at the very bottom of the sea bed. Where light does not go, not because it is blocked by roof or branch, but because it simply cannot reach. Light tries though. It wades through the surface, into baby blue green waters. It swims deeper, but loses some of itself as it dives down into richer hues of blue. Eventually the light has been stripped, torn, abused, reduced to a meager strand of what it once was. And it is still blue. Blue as dark as black, but blue nonetheless. At this point the light looks down, or where it thinks down is. There is still far far to go to reach the bottom.

The light at this point makes a choice: it either gives up and swims back to the surface, trying in vain to breath fresh air; or, it dives yet deeper, trying, trying to reach the bottom. And the light dies.

The water above crushing it, fracturing it, till it is nothing. And in this absolute darkness Leviathan stirred. Great beasts of water, great serpents of fish flesh, who swam in the great depths with the ease that a man might walk on the earth. The weight of water forged them into titans who, if they so chose, could tear into continental wall the same way smaller fish dug into sand. And yet, they too were not the very bottom of the ocean. They were born only on the very edge of the great crevasse which scored the ocean bed. They were mere serpents - creatures of flesh and blood, cold flesh and cold blood, but flesh and blood regardless.

No. . . on the very bottom of the ocean, was a river.

It scored through the seawater like water scores through earth, carving it out to twist and turn. Even though their was no color here, for light had long since fled or died, the river was a richer black. And, even though the weight of the ocean above would have reduced a mountain into silt, the river was denser still. It was water made solid. Not like ice which is water, this was just more water with less space. The river was an ocean in of itself but within a river. An ocean in the form of a river which slept on the bottom of the ocean.

And the river stirred.

Mersahj, who floated above the river, would have seen it stir slightly. The river stretched for miles so the river's end, which rose first, rose leagues away from the Goddess. The river scored through the ocean, pushing water away from itself. The river was heavier than the ocean, but it still rose, and spiraled in around itself. A slow task, that took hours if not days. By the time the head made its way to the Goddess. . . the tail still did not appear. The river stretched far. The Goddess would have faced what was not quite a face. Here in the darkness of the ocean the only thing that allowed one to see was divinity. The goddess would have seen what could have been interpreted as a head. There was what could have been eyes. . . where the jelly form of the river was more roundish than the rest of the gelatinous ouroboros. There could have been fangs jutting out of its face could have been said to be a maw. But most of all the Goddess would have noticed the size of the beast - it's face was a mucilaginous mountain.

A line appeared in the viscid river, as it tried to open its mouth. Like fruit torn apart, the motion sprayed orbs of ooze, each gigantic in their own way, forward. The line was now a chasm, the river having made itself part inside to make room for a palace. Then the chasm closed as it spoke - sending more globs of dense spittle in the goddesses direction.

I am the river on the bottom of the sea.

It spoke slowly as though thoughts came to it as suddenly as tar drips down from a glass. No emotion could be read into it, for . . . the face was a crude approximation of a face.

The globs of jelly-like pieces that were dislodged by the monumental task of talking, began to sink back to the river - like water droplets drawn to water - they were drawn back into the ooze. The river seemed to wait for a response, but then reconsidered, and spoke again, repeating the process of dislocation and recapture.

I am Yooo.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2014-05-01 at 06:38 PM.
    Spoiler: YinBao
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Yea, that is a nice rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    YinBao is fluffy and warm like all rabbits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yes, I am a shameless YinBao fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    YinBao and Ran Yang Li. The ultimate bromance! XD

Spoiler: In-Arl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post
    HOW HAS THIS WORLD BECOME SO AWED BY A PATHETIC, TIRED CHICKEN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    All Praise In-Arl for his wisdom and tasty dark meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Yay! PTSD Chicken!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Kereth saw the greatness of the mortal races, even as he ferried their souls to the afterlife. They were filled with vigor and drive, and their paths spread before them, each a radiant light before Kereth's eyes. It was glorious.

Kereth resolved that he would create a race of his own. Their purpose, however, would be far more set. As the world changed and grew, they would wander, learn, and guide. Kereth's Lantern would not touch them for many life-cycles of mortals. They would die, in time, but each one would save countless other lives before his or her time, either through knowledge, or skill with weapons.

Kereth created a shard next to himself, to bind his work together. Four hands were better than two. And as the two Kereth's shaped the new race, they found it lacking. They could create a mortal race with ease, but such a base creation was not what Kereth sought. And so he laid open his own palm, and let a single drop of blood fall onto the mortal race before him. Kereth knew that this would be what he sought. But something was wrong. Kereth felt no connection to the shard beside him. It was then he noticed that the sun shown red. The eclipse had come, and when Kereth spilled his own blood, it had severed the connection to his shard. The shard that was no longer Kereth looked at him. Even now, it's features changed subtly, and before Kereth's eyes, a new god was born.

Kereth thought the process of awakening fully would take some time, and turned back to his race. Even now, they stood, and looked to him for guidance. "You are the Wayfinders. Formed of the ash of a traveler's campfire and the blood of the Guide, you will travel the earth, and the sea. You will find safe ways, and keep safe the other mortals. And after many lifetimes, I will call you to my arms with great joy. Go forth, and take heed. For you shall never settle in one place, but there is no loss in this, for through your life you will find many companions, and you will never want, for you are my children." Kereth smiled as the Wayfinders left, each moving in a different direction. They would explore the world, and if new worlds were made, they would chart those as well. They would be the light of Kereth made flesh.

Kereth looked to the god beside him. More distinct, but still too much remained of him to be changed. Kereth had time. And so as he had before, he reached out his arms to the blackness above, and around the moons he created light. Small pinpricks, they would be ever shadowed by the bright burning orb, but Kereth knew that such blinding light would not remain stationary. So he fixed his beacons to the planet. If it moved, so too would the beacons move. Kereth knew that the Wayfinders, and the other mortal races, would use these Beacons to guide themselves across the world. Even when the Light of his Lantern was nowhere to be found, mortals could look to the heavens and see Kereth's Beacons, lighting their path.

It was done. Kereth turned to the new god, finally it's own being. "Greetings, young one. I am Kereth, Guide of the Lost. You are created from me, but you are not me. What are you called?"

Show

3: Create Magical Race (Wayfinders) ever nomadic mortals, they travel the world, drawn to mystery and adventure. They live roughly 1000 years, and are drawn to helping and guiding other mortal races.
    4: Create Plane (Kereth's Beacons - Stars) fixed to the rotation of the planet, these beacons can serve as guidepoints for navigators

Both AP falls under (Guidance) Navigation

Also, Illium is now in!