1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Investigation WW

In at 31.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be in. I enjoyed the Careless series, and i'll enjoy this one.

I'll be number 10, because birhday reasons.
    Hello there, fine sir~! I am Yumori.

Yu-mo-ree

Spoiler: Hello
    Show
    there.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I've done randomization, written up the QTs, and am on my way to setting up and sending out role PMs. After that, I just need to write the opening narration, and we'll be ready to start. Anyone who signs up after this point will be a Clueless Newcomer and will receive their role one day/night cycle after joining. They will get a QT with money, but they will not have their role until then. With 17 people, Day 1 will require 5 votes minimum to lynch.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Ready to go.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

PMs have been sent out to everyone except Penguinator, who has a full PM box. I wonder when they'll put back the reminder for full inboxes...

Anyway, if you haven't received a PM, and you've signed up for the game, please PM me. If you received a PM but can't access your QT, PM me, and I'll try to sort that out. If you can access your QT, please post in it, so I know you've seen it. I'll be writing the opening narration later tonight, and the game will start shortly after.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    PMs have been sent out to everyone except Penguinator, who has a full PM box. I wonder when they'll put back the reminder for full inboxes...
    Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't go straight for the usual method.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 0

April 13th

The town of Carrion greets me this morning with cloudy skies and a chill breeze. The streets bustle with people setting up for the day, turning shop signs to open, putting out good to catch passersby, and the regulars visiting their morning stops. It was a welcome sign that nothing had escalated yet, and I calmly strolled to police office to talk to the Chief and learn the specifics of the situation. There was that hope in my mind that things weren't as bad as everyone hoped. I should have known it wouldn't last.

Darrell greeted me with a frown, a handshake, and a nod to follow him into his office. What he could tell me was problematic but not altogether surprising or new. The rumors appeared true, and the Shiners were stealing recipes and techniques from the Mooney Gang. Without resolution, they'd come to blows soon. The police had tried to intervene, but nothing had come of their stakeouts. It was as if there were a mole in their ranks, similar to the ones the police placed in the gangs to get this information. Thus, everything fell to me to figure out. Well, all in a day's work.

I left the office with little more than I had come in with. It would seem I'd have to do reconnaissance on my own and figure out just what I can do to cool the situation down to a simmer before it boils. For now, I plan to walk around town and scope out my surroundings. Anything suspicious, I'll follow up on, and odds are it'll lead me to clues. My investigation begins now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Day dawns on Carrion. But this tenuous peace won't last long...

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    05 EmeraldRose
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    13 Ramsus
    15 Nonayer
    20 BasketOfPuppies
    21 Aventine
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    37 aric_kale
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    56 Penguinator
    60 Legato Endless

Day 1 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Rules reminders:
    1/4 of living non-Clueless Newcomers is required to lynch someone. Currently 5 votes minimum.
    Dead players can return as a new role after 2 day/night cycles pass. They enter as Clueless Newcomers.
    Players not in this game can enter at any time as Clueless Newcomers.
    Clueless Newcomers may vote to lynch but may not be lynched. Likewise, they cannot be targeted by any powers.
    Post lynch votes in red and remember to cross old ones out.
    If no player gets enough votes for lynch, Executioner decides who is lynched. The same applies for ties and No Lynch.
    In the event of a tie, the Executioner can choose anyone for lynch, not just the people in the tie.
    Role names are revealed on lynch but not on Night Kill. Powers and alignments aren't revealed.
    Everyone has a power role. There are no vanillagers in this game.
    No players are connected. There are no Masons.
    A scry is anything that reveals alignment or power information. Role names are not revealed by scry in this installment.
    Fools are told they are Seers. Any person with a Scry could be a Fool.
    If two players scry the same person, they return a No Scry.
    It is not revealed how many players of each alignment are alive, or even if all alignments are currently in play. You could be in the majority or the minority...
    Remember, Town-aligned players can be recruited to any combination of sides...
    Players get wins for fulfilling personal win conditions, surviving to get a team win, and for every 5 day/night cycles they're alive.
    The player with the most wins wins overall! The players on the winning team also win!
    NO PMs or sharing QTs!
    If you do not vote for 3 days in a row, you are autolynched. If you know that you will be away, tell me. If you want to make night actions in advance, I am fine with that.

You all have money in your QTs, and I've gotten questions about that, so I'll just address it publicly, though it is in the OP. Money will be used for events which have not yet been revealed. It has been revealed that the Postman mechanic of the last game will return, but it is not open yet. You can assume that there will also be events where you can buy items, similar to the Market/Auction of the last game. As the game goes on, you will receive money, generally as a result of activity. This information is under "Events" in the OP.

Now, go vote! And onlookers, join as Clueless Newcomers!

There are two people who haven't posted in their QTs, but I figured we should start anyway. If they haven't by the end of day, I'll prod them.

8. - Top - End - #38

Ashton leaves the store, a bag of groceries on his arm as he heads home. Curses! I forgot the Duck! And it's only $9.99...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

A sudden wind whips up from nowhere. Onlookers notice a shop that clearly has always been there, just between a coffee shop and a bakery. It has always been there. Hasn't it? A sign above the door reads

The Emerald Leaf

A sign in the window is flipped from CLOSED to OPEN....
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The young woman strolls through the town, keeping an eye out for any thing-Oh. Look at that. A mysterious shop that's always been there, but wasn't always there yesterday. And so she enters, slightly anxious, but intrigued.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    The young woman strolls through the town, keeping an eye out for any thing-Oh. Look at that. A mysterious shop that's always been there, but wasn't always there yesterday. And so she enters, slightly anxious, but intrigued.
    Inside The Emerald Leaf~

As one enters the shop, they may immediately notice the cheerful fire burning off to the left, with several comfortable looking chairs arranged randomly in front of it. There is a sideboard with a beautiful silvery coffee service, which seems to always have a fresh pot of coffee, as well as other beverages available to any patrons.

Looking around the shop, there are many shelves and counters with a variety of items, books, and other things, scattered somewhat haphazardly around the room. Some items are dusty, some items appear to have been dusted or picked up recently.

Standing near the coffee service is a tall, slender woman wearing a flowing green gown who is just filling a fresh cup.

She turns at the sound of the bell over the door.

Welcome, Small One. Be at your ease. Please help your self to refreshment if you choose. It is expected.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-05-06 at 12:03 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

A thin man of indeterminate age (somewhere between late 20s and mid 40s) with deep dark circles under his eyes in a black business suit (with a black shirt underneath) with a loosely worn black tie steps inside the Emerald Leaf as well and heads straight for the coffee. He takes a cup over to one of the chairs by the fire(daemon). He sips his coffee as he stares into the fire. When he finishes the cup he promptly falls asleep.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-07 at 12:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The woman pours herself a soda, and comments, "So, miss. What is this place? It's always been here, but...I don't think it was always here yesterday, if you know what I mean."

((Ramsus for now...I understand it's a random, so please understand when I respond in kind.))

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lady in Green sips her coffee while taking in the two patrons. Finally, she appears to decide to join the sleeping one before the fire, and chooses a chair. She looks towards the young woman sipping her beverage and nods towards a chair.

Please, Small One, make yourself comfortable or browse among the shelves. The Emerald Leaf is always right where it is. Sometimes that may be elsewhere, but nonetheless, it always is. It is possible you may find an item you didn't know you were missing, or you may find nothing during this visit. Either way, there will always be the fire and the coffee. These are (Legato) Endless. It is expected.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The young woman nods and rubs her temples and she says, "Mmmm...Alright. This is just...odd. I dunno. Magic is just...unusual around here, at least as far as I know...And this place seems rather magical."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The door heaved open and a small figure rolled in before the entrance recovered from the fading momentum of her push. She careened off off the nearest table before coming to rest by the fire. Hauling herself up the chair, she took a glass of tea and began perusing her logs.

((Aventine))
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-05-07 at 04:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    The young woman nods and rubs her temples and she says, "Mmmm...Alright. This is just...odd. I dunno. Magic is just...unusual around here, at least as far as I know...And this place seems rather magical."
    Magic? The Lady considers. I suppose it could be called that. I generally see it as the shop and I are where we need to be in any given circumstance. I've never really given it much thought.

The Lady sips her coffee again, and watches the antics of the newest arrival.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

18. - Top - End - #48

The Emerald Leaf

Ashton just finishes loading all his recent purchases into the car when he notices the new(?) coffee shop. Coffee is nice. None of his foodstuffs have to be refrigerated. He shrugs, it'd been a long day, he needed a break. He walks in casually, his long dark coat fluttering in the wind. Hallo there, what is your favorite blend here? He asks the Lady.
    I should mention that he has about three days scruff on his face, dark wavy hair, and bright blue eyes. As for clothing, he's just wearing black slacks and a white button down under his coat.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    The Emerald Leaf

Ashton just finishes loading all his recent purchases into the car when he notices the new(?) coffee shop. Coffee is nice. None of his foodstuffs have to be refrigerated. He shrugs, it'd been a long day, he needed a break. He walks in casually, his long dark coat fluttering in the wind. Hallo there, what is your favorite blend here? He asks the Lady.
    I should mention that he has about three days scruff on his face, dark wavy hair, and bright blue eyes. As for clothing, he's just wearing black slacks and a white button down under his coat.
    The Lady shrugs delicately and indicates the coffee service with a vague wave of her hand.

Generally, it is whatever happens to be there each time. I am merely the proprietor of this shop, I do not manage the stock. It tends to take care of itself. It is expected. Please, help yourself.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl examines his red-streaked black mohawk in the mirror carefully before applying more hairspray to it. Adjusting his leather jacket before quickly pulling on his black platform boots Karl thinks to himself, Hmm, I think I'll go check out that new pub today. What was it called... the Dark Dragon? The Light Dragon? Something like that.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-05-06 at 07:45 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob strolls through the city.
    I think I'll go to the Emerald-He begins to say, but his ADHD kicks in.
    Ooh, look at that pretty Rose
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Revenge point at Legato Endless to break the multi-way tie

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The Lady shrugs delicately and indicates the coffee service with a vague wave of her hand.

Generally, it is whatever happens to be there each time. I am merely the proprietor of this shop, I do not manage the stock. It tends to take care of itself. It is expected. Please, help yourself.
    Ashton raises an eyebrow curiously. Umm, alright. I'll just take a coffee. Black. He reaches into his pocket to pull out some cash. Oh, how much will that be, Ms.? His question trails off, as if waiting for a name.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Ashton raises an eyebrow curiously. Umm, alright. I'll just take a coffee. Black. He reaches into his pocket to pull out some cash. Oh, how much will that be, Ms.? His question trails off, as if waiting for a name.
    ((Posting from phone so no colors etc))

The Lady looks curiously at Ashton, as though not certain exactly what the question is...

Of course, you are welcome to refreshment. Never would I deny access to hospitality. It is expected. You may call me Lady, or The Lady in Green if you would be formal.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-05-06 at 09:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Alexia staggers runs into the bookstore and slams the door behind her, leaning back against it and breathing heavily. After a moment of catching her breath, she pears out the window. I think I lost them. she says to no one in particular.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

((Aric_kale - has a 7 in his role number, which can't be trusted. All other numbers hate 7, and for good reason. Seven ate nine!

That was awful.

Oh hush.))

A man in a dark business suit with a sharp pinstripe strolls into the Emerald Leaf, the head of his crimson umbrella click clacking on the floor as he walks. His eyes are obscured by an opaque pair of wraparound sunglasses, which must surely reduce his vision indoors. after all, the Emerald Lead is not always well lit, which is just the way many patrons prefer it.

"Good morning, my lady," he says, giving the proprietor of the Emerald Leaf a rather vulpine smile, "A glass of warm water, if you would be so kind."

He takes a small charm from the pocket of his jacket, a tiny brass representation of a bear, and puts in on the bar with something approaching reverence.

"Fair payment, for services rendered, now and in the future. The bear is a symbol of safety in many cultures, and mine is no exception."

The man smirks at his own words, and folds himself onto a bar stool with a gangly grace to wait for his water.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Inspector Tiger lit a cigarette as he strutted into his office. Snatching the paper from his "secretary," he took a glance at the headline again. Failing to understand where his investigation went wrong, he took a magnifying glass from on his desk and looked it over again.

Ah. A single letter difference. No wonder his investigation in the den of the Shriners held no results.

(Aventine)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

((Dark Light Dragon to even things up))

29. - Top - End - #59

SwashbucklerGuy

A large man with a rather impressive beard was walking down the street. He looked as if he was lost as he kept staring at one building or another and kept looking down alleyways. He had a banjo(1985) strapped to his back and as he walked he noticed several people entering a small coffee shop in quick succession. As he approached he saw that the shop was called the Emerald Leaf. Intrigued he decided to take a look, perhaps have a coffee and a small pastry. Just as he was about to open the door a young woman beats him to it and opens the door and rushes inside as if the devil was on her tail. Just as he was about to follow her inside she slams the door in his face.

Mildly annoyed but still curious about the strange coffee shop he opens the door and strolls inside thinking about a few choice words he could say to the woman. The words die on his lips as he sees the strangeness of the place. He just stands in the middle of the room numbly staring at the peculiar gathering.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

Legato Endless because I'd like to not die, thanks.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here