New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Investigation WW

For amusement's sake, let's even up the wagons again. Dark Light Dragon.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Public Vote Tally (~24 hours left)
    Legato Endless - 3 (EmeraldRose, Aventine, DarkLightDragon)
    DarkLightDragon - 3 (Rain Dragon, Legato Endless, The Fiery Tower)
    Duck999 - 1 (aric_kale)
    firedaemon33 - 1 (Ramsus)
    Ramsus - 1 (firedaemon33)
    EmeraldRose - 1 (Duck999)
    aric_kale - 1 (banjo1985)
    Aventine - 1 (Penguinator)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Nonayer)

No Vote - 4 (Tanar Aerdoth, BasketOfPuppies, Lex-Kat, Yumori123)
    5 votes minimum to lynch...

If no one has at least 5 votes at the end of day, the Executioner decides who gets lynched by posting the target in his/her QT. Generally speaking, the Executioner should pick a target every day regardless of what the votes look like, in case the public vote tally does not match the private vote tally...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

I'll switch to.... *flips coin* Legato Endless then.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-08 at 01:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

"What's the fuss about Legato Endless?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can we not kill the guy I'm writing a death narration for?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

THE RULING OF THE COIN IS ABSOLUTE

...nonsense. So yeah ok, DarkLightDragon I guess.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-08 at 01:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

~9 hours left in the day. I trust you can see what's updated since my last vote tally. We are currently at 4 votes Legato and 4 votes DLD, so neither has enough votes to be lynched, meaning an Executioner decision. There are still 3 people who haven't voted. There are still 2 people who haven't looked at their QT. If you for some reason didn't receive your QT, PM me, and I can send you the link again.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

If it comes down to the Executioner I would request of them to target people who haven't voted.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Now that my internet is working again...

Day is over.

Narration to come shortly. According to the public vote tally, no one reached the minimum 5 votes, so it is Executioner decision. BasketOfPuppies, Lex-Kat, and Yumori123 did not vote today.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not joining and not a part of the game but as an observer I'd just like to note:

The Emerald Leaf has been mentioned a few times as a coffee shop. It is not, it is next to a coffee shop and (If I remember correctly) is a bookshop/odds and ends shop. The coffee is on the counter and free access to any who enter.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Not joining and not a part of the game but as an observer I'd just like to note:

The Emerald Leaf has been mentioned a few times as a coffee shop. It is not, it is next to a coffee shop and (If I remember correctly) is a bookshop/odds and ends shop. The coffee is on the counter and free access to any who enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    A sudden wind whips up from nowhere. Onlookers notice a shop that clearly has always been there, just between a coffee shop and a bakery. It has always been there. Hasn't it? A sign above the door reads

The Emerald Leaf

A sign in the window is flipped from CLOSED to OPEN....
    Yep.

EDIT: ((Also...whoops! Missed this one, sorry!))

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    A man in a dark business suit with a sharp pinstripe strolls into the Emerald Leaf, the head of his crimson umbrella click clacking on the floor as he walks. His eyes are obscured by an opaque pair of wraparound sunglasses, which must surely reduce his vision indoors. after all, the Emerald Lead is not always well lit, which is just the way many patrons prefer it.

"Good morning, my lady," he says, giving the proprietor of the Emerald Leaf a rather vulpine smile, "A glass of warm water, if you would be so kind."

He takes a small charm from the pocket of his jacket, a tiny brass representation of a bear, and puts in on the bar with something approaching reverence.

"Fair payment, for services rendered, now and in the future. The bear is a symbol of safety in many cultures, and mine is no exception."

The man smirks at his own words, and folds himself onto a bar stool with a gangly grace to wait for his water.
    The Lady nods solemnly and carefully picks up the charm. She looks it over and smiles warmly at the gangly man.

Indeed, Small One. This will certainly be exactly what someone will be looking for, someday.

She gently places it on a nearby shelf, and adjusts how it sits, before returning to her chair.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2014-05-08 at 01:32 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #72
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 1

I circled the streets looking for anything suspicious, but the people milling seemed ordinary folk, content with life and not caring about gang wars brewing below the surface. Time and again, I would pass the same places, and yet nothing seemed strange. Except... There was a bookstore, it seemed, that was a bit out of place. I couldn't put my finger on it and still can't, but I kept getting this curious vibe from it. Rightfully so, I walked in to investigate this 'Emerald Leaf.'

I was not the only who had found the shop intriguing, and all manner of sorts had come in to see what they would find. It just seemed... right, that they were there, though I can't explain how, and I know this will sound crazy to any who reads it, but it was as if the shop itself were drawing specific people in. Curious, I stayed for a while, picking a book at random and glancing over it, when I heard a sudden ruckus. Earlier, a few names had been whispered, but now the customers were growing to a consensus. What these names were, I had yet to realize, but two people (I assume they were the discussed persons) had started to point at each other, and the others took their sides.

Of course, I put down my book and began to listen in. There was talk of taking responsibility for what had happened. What
    had happened? Frowning, I walked over to intervene, when I heard talk of killing. There was no way I'd let these men kill each other in front of me...

"Hey! Stop, there! Let's talk this out, why don't we? No need to be so quick to the kill, right? Tell me, what happened, and maybe I can help?"
    "This man... Well, you've heard the rumors, I assume. There's no way he knows nothing, and yet he pretends it's so!"
    "Now, now, hold on just one minute! You all come out of the blue accusing me, telling me I need to die, but you don't say what I did! Well? What did I do?"
    "That information isn't for everyone. I can't just say everything out in public where anyone can hear! What, do you think I'm so daft I'd fall for your schemes?"
    "My schemes? What about you? You're too afraid to be wrong that you just shut out what anyone tells you! Maybe you should die! You can't say you've done nothing wrong in your life!"
    "Hey, hey, hey! Calm down, now. You, this man did something wrong, or so you say. Now, can you tell me at least what it was? I'm a detective, I can figure things out. You can trust me."
    "..."
    "Alright. And you, this man might be in the wrong for accusing you, but there's no need to resort to killing. Tell me your problems, and I'll help you sort it out. That goes to everyone here: if you need help, come find me."
    "...hmph."

Well, the two of them stormed off in a huff, but at least they had decided not to kill each other. The town was indeed fragile, but I had no clue it was so fragile as this. It seems tensions are high, and conflict will break out soon, whether I like it or not. I doubt I'll succeed at intervening again. I've marked this town as a place for investigation, but it's time to move on to other parts of the town. Evil never sleeps, and so, it seems mustn't I.

Spoiler
    Show
    No one was executed*. The final straw has yet to be placed...
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This was a preplanned event, not the effect of a power. No more second chances...

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    05 EmeraldRose
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    13 Ramsus
    15 Nonayer
    20 BasketOfPuppies
    21 Aventine
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    37 aric_kale
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    56 Penguinator
    60 Legato Endless

Night 1 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Missed One Day
    BasketOfPuppies
    Lex-Kat
    Yumori123

Please submit all night actions in your QTs. If you are unable to access your QT, I will accept PM'd actions, but I'd prefer actions in QT, so I don't run out of message space.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry for the long delay, but the narration has been written. I'll be finishing up resolving actions in your QTs before posting, though. As of now, Night is over. I will not be accepting any actions past this time.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 1

Stores close, and much of the town quiets down as the townsfolk go to sleep. However, there are still some people up and working through the late hours of night. In alleys and disused buildings, people meet, in camaraderie and combat.
    -------------------------
    "Have you been here long? Heck, what am I saying, of course you have! Marty, wasn't it? Now, why don't you tell me what you've been up to!"
    "..."
    "Aw, don't be like that, man! I just wanna help you out! With what you're doing! C'mon, man, just tell me!"
    "...leave me alone, if that's all you've come for. I've got things of my own to be doing."
    "Ah, well, if you're gonna be like that, well, I can tell you-"
    "Nice night, isn't it? Oh, hello there! I haven't seen you around here much! You checking out new parts of town?"
    "Great timing, Matt! My... friend here was just leaving..."
    "..."
    "Oh, is that so? Well, just tell me, where'm I at this time?"
    "Just up the stairs, you are."
    "You! What the hell are you doing here? Didn't the man downstairs stop you?"
    "...stop me? Oh, is that what they were trying to do? Well, if you wanted someone to stop people... ah, those were not the right people."
    "Well! You obviously have no respect for other people's privacy. Now, get out of here, right now!"
    "Ah, but you've made me so... curious, yes, that's it. These papers, what are they-"
    "Out! Now! Before, so help me, I'll take these matters into my own hands!"
    "Oh! Maybe these will help! You see, I'm looking for-"
    *BANG*
    "Oh... well, that's not how I expected this to go at all... Ah... you wouldn't happen to be..."
    *BANG*
    "You weren't supposed to come up here. It's not my fault. It's never my fault..."
    "This one's the one you'll be wanting, yes, yes indeed, yes. Now, if you've ever got in a hard place, just a swig of this, and you'll be all fired up, right you are! My own special brand, it is! If it's the brand I'm thinking of, you know, you know, yes, yes. Ah, don't look at me like that! I don't need labels, everything's in order, yes it is. As it is, no one can steal my mixes, isn't that right? Now, if you'll excuse me, off you are, I'm a busy, busy man, yes, yes I am."
    "Hey! You! Yeah, you over there! You've been following me! And don't you dare deny it! What's the big deal? Do you want me to call the Police or something?"
    "No, no, not that. I've just been curious. You see, there aren't too many people who will walk around in mid-April with a scarf and long sleeves. Can you blame me for wanting to find out?"
    "Yes! Yes I can! Hey, aren't you... yeah, you're one of those people, hanging out with the- Hey!"
    "Oh, what is it now? And, seriously, what do you have to hide that you'll put up with this heat?"
    "You and your questions! Every single one of you with your little questions, why do you have to be like this! It makes me sick! I'm sick and tired of you all!"
    "How'd you fit a gun- no matter. Perhaps this will change your mind? I've got this area rigged with bombs, so any false move and you'll be coming down with me."
    "I know it's fake! You stay put!"
    "Now, hold on, we can be reasonable. I've only got a few questions to ask-"
    *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*
    "Guh- I won't- go down- so... easily..." *CLICK*
    *BOOM*
    "Sh- wrong... deto-" *cough* *cough*
    "Ehehe... serves you right! I warned you... I warned you..."
    *BANG*
    "Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute?"
    "What is it you need?'
    "Well, I come on behalf of... mutual acquaintances of ours. You see, they have an... offer."
    "Ah."
    "And this offer... I daresay you won't be refusing it..."
    "...so they all say. John! Come here! You'll be manning the shop while I'm away. Don't let in anyone you don't know. I've heard gunshots already tonight..."
    "Now, if you'll just come this way, I'm sure we've got much to discuss..."

April 14th

The police have told me that today was the first day that any killings have been so showy and extensive, and if that's the case, I can't speak for my luck in arrival. Three were found dead last night, and it's a wonder no more were harmed. The first two were found after reports of gunshots in the area. One had apparently been shot near an office building, and the body was dumped in the trash crowding the alleyway. Or, so the report said. I looked at the body, and it looked bruised, as if the man had gotten into a fight, or maybe he had fallen out of a window. It didn't seem so cut-and-dry as the case was made.

The second body came at the same time as a building a few blocks down exploded, and the only reason anyone found the dead body was because there had been many gunshots, as if the shooter had some vendetta. Otherwise, the collapsing building, fire, smoke, and well... the
    explosion would have drawn everyone's attention. It seems it was meant to be a distraction, though, as only one unlucky man was still working at the exploded factory that late at night. He was reportedly working on a secret project in the basement, but I have yet to determine just what the project was.

Whatever the case, the tension in this town has skyrocketed, and these killers need to be stopped fast in their tracks before they kill even more innocents. What's the root of this conflict? What have the Police been doing? Is there anyone who actually knows what's going on in this town? More to come as I finish today's investigations.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ramsus was shot. His role is not revealed...
    BasketOfPuppies was shot. His role is not revealed...
    Penguinator was buried by debris of an exploding building. His role is not revealed...
    Ramsus, BasketOfPuppies, and Penguinator can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 4.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    05 EmeraldRose
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    15 Nonayer
    21 Aventine
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    37 aric_kale
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    60 Legato Endless

Day 2 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Missed One Day
    Lex-Kat
    Yumori123

With 14 players alive, the minimum number of votes to lynch a player is 4.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-05-19 at 04:28 AM. Reason: ...why'd I switch purple and brown at death? ...and why'd I only notice now? Sorry if anyone misunderstood the scene...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

Ashton sits in the Emerald Leaf, drinking some coffee from the shop next door () and reading the paper. Damn, three in one night. He has bags under his eyes, evidence of a very late night. Yeah, he had heard the gunshots, but he still wasn't expecting...this. I hope the darkness hiding these gunmen gets some light shone on it. Or else these murders could drag on.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-05-12 at 03:25 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lex-Kat and Yumori missed a day. So, where are you?
    Last edited by Aventine; 2014-05-12 at 12:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Thank you for that. I was really looking forward to this.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #78

As the Count said, y'all can join back in.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Thank you for that. I was really looking forward to this.
    I feel similar, though I can hardly say I'm shocked. At least we aren't completely out of the game for good. *shrugs*

20. - Top - End - #80
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

((Well, yes, but it's also something where the role you had dies with you. If you like your role, well... yep. Some interesting roles died too early last game, too. ))

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    As the Count said, y'all can join back in.
    It's hardly the same thing. I had a damn good role.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ashton sits in the Emerald Leaf, drinking some coffee from the shop next door () and reading the paper. Damn, three in one night. He has bags under his eyes, evidence of a very late night. Yeah, he had heard the gunshots, but he still wasn't expecting...this. I hope the darkness hiding these gunmen gets some light shone on it. Or else these murders could drag on.
    Another patron is sitting nearby and decides to comment.

It's terrible, isn't it? Brother told me there were some bad eggs in this town, but I didn't think...!

She shivers.

It sure is cold, like the arctic. Rrrrr. Say, is there a store around here that sells kale? I hear that stuff's great.

((I couldn't ignore such a magnificently worded post. ))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

The woman is also in the Emerald Leaf, grinning to herself as she says, "Serves him right..." and drinks coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

((Dark Light Dragon))
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-05-11 at 12:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: I'm so busy IRL so I forgot I have an account on the Playground.

IC:

Yeah, it's the arctic season now. Well, you could ask one of the bartenders for kale.

I responded.
    Hello there, fine sir~! I am Yumori.

Yu-mo-ree

Spoiler: Hello
    Show
    there.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

...as a note, it's aric_kale, not arctic_kale. So, yeah.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Emerald Leaf

Alexia wakes with a start. Huh!? Wha? she looks around the room, swiping the drool off her lips with the back of her sleeve. Woah! Where.. am I? she says in wonderment. Hello. Has anyone seen an Aventine around her as of late?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-05-12 at 08:46 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It's hardly the same thing. I had a damn good role.
    Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    ...as a note, it's aric_kale, not arctic_kale. So, yeah.
    Thank you.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Obviously aric_kale's name is a plot to avoid lynching since it's so easy to forget the underscore. Not sure where the frost pun came from. If we all misspell the name, does the executioner get to choose?

Aventine.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-05-12 at 09:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Obviously aric_kale's name is a plot to avoid lynching since it's so easy to forget the underscore. Not sure where the frost pun came from. If we all misspell the name, does the executioner get to choose?

Aventine.
    <.< >.>
    Why would you think that?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Care to share?
    I would prefer that no one reveal their dead roles, especially those who died at night, as nothing about their role is revealed from that. I will not enforce that, but I will ask nicely at least. Any information you learned through your previous role is fair game, but at least wait until you're back in the game as a Clueless Newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    If you misspell someone's name, but it's obvious that you are voting for a specific player, I will assume that you are indeed voting for that player and will count it as such. If you vote for a name which is not a player currently in the game, it is essentially a vote for a No Lynch, except the votes don't stack with votes for No Lynch. Yes, you can vote for No Lynch in this game. If no single player has the most votes, with at least 1/4 of the living players' votes, the Executioner decides who to kill. This also means that if the most votes are for No Lynch, it is Executioner decision. And on that note...

Public Vote Tally (~22 hours left)
    DarkLightDragon - 2 (aric_kale, firedaemon33)
    aric_kale - 2 (DarkLightDragon, Yumori123)
    Aventine - 2 (Lex-Kat, Legato Endless)
    Lex-Kat - 1 (Aventine)

No Vote - 7 (Duck999, EmeraldRose, banjo1985, Nonayer, Tanar Aerdoth, The Fiery Tower, Rain Dragon)
    4 votes minimum to lynch someone, or else Executioner decides who to lynch.