New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Investigation WW

A* day baner.

To quote the rules:

This is a THREE team, RECRUITMENT game. The three teams are mostly balanced, though not all roles have an exact counterpart on the opposite side. The first team are the Mooney Gang (Mooney-aligned). The second team are the Shiners (Shiner-aligned). The third team are the Police (Police-aligned). There is a fourth team of recruits, the Town (Town-aligned). Town players can be recruited to any side or any combination of sides per the recruitment rules spoilered below. Please read them.

Emphasis mine.

Claiming a power role shouldn't give you the same rights here as in any other game because you're either against roughly a quarter of the game, unless you're goal is to specifically save ANYONE from getting lynched. Even then if you get recruited I'm assuming your win condition would change.

Which means that since I don't know what side you're aligned with, I'm voting to lynch you anyways.

Probably something everyone should get straight before role-claiming in thread.

So yea, cool, you're a day baner. So what?
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-12 at 10:30 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Claiming a power role shouldn't give you the same rights here as in any other game because you're either against roughly a quarter of the game, unless you're goal is to specifically save ANYONE from getting lynched. Even then if you get recruited I'm assuming your win condition would change.

Which means that since I don't know what side you're aligned with, I'm voting to lynch you anyways.

Probably something everyone should get straight before role-claiming in thread.

So yea, cool, you're a day baner. So what?
    Yeah, I am aware of all that. My original claim was to try and convince Lex to take back her revenge vote (as a desperate attempt to save myself), then the more explicit claim was meant as a snarky response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I don't know, that really just makes me curious as to how Aventine would know something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Because I'm curious what his role is, and I've a sinking feeling Aventine is going to get shot anyway tonight.
    To be honest, I would argue that day baner is very useful role once the day baner knows which team some people are on, not so much before. So I would argue the better strategy is not to kill me yet. I'm too potentially useful if I am on your team, and not much of a threat yet if not. So there is plenty of time to work out whether or not to kill me.

So that is my argument for not killing me tonight.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

...and with that...

Day is over.

No votes will be accepted past this point. Per my public tally, aric_kale has the most votes with 5, which is enough for a lynch. banjo1985 is the only person who did not vote today.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2

April 14th

The past night seems to have put a toll on everyone's mind. The whispers in the streets have begun to grow frequent, and people group up, pointing fingers and murmuring about each other, to each other. What could be the reason for this? Why so many deaths? Could it really be something so simple as a method of brewing alcohol? No, there was something more here, something more sinister, and it was unclear who was behind it all. And more to the point, why they had called me here. The pieces were still scattered, some turned upside-down, others out of reach. The few I had in front of me didn't seem to fit, and the big picture seemed all a blur.

As before, I was drawn to the Emerald Leaf, noting similar customers as the day before. In fact, one of the two from the fight yesterday had gotten into a fight once more. Naturally, the murmurs grew surrounding the two participants: the first to accuse and the first accused. Somehow or other, another person got into the brawl, and I knew there was nothing I could do to stop it. Quietly, one of them melds back into the crowd, and I could see the remaining two would escalate. Fast.

Suddenly, one of them yells out:
    "Stop! I'm here to protect you! All of you! Some of you! You know what, I don't really care! Just... get the other guy!" The crowd converged, but the man spoke out: "No! You don't want to do this! I can help you too! I'm a Detective, you can trust me! I'll just follow some people around and-" "STALKER!!!" "PERVERT!" "What? No! I'm- I'm innocent! You just have to believe-" *BANG*

...I can't tell you who pulled the gun. What I can tell you is that it hit its mark, and a bit more besides. The shop was quiet, save for the gasps and cries of the dying; no one had any clue what to do. The first person moved, pushing past another and running out the door. From there, it was chaos, and people flew to the door to push past one another to the streets.

I stayed behind, out of the way of the crowd. It seemed I was the only one, save the shopkeeper, who looked at the mess with a grim look in her eyes. Sighing, I looked at the bodies. The first was the man who had called himself a Detective. The bullet had passed clean through his chest and out the back, and he was dead not long after he hit the ground. The woman standing behind him wasn't so lucky. The bullet had lodged a bit above her stomach, and while she did bleed to death, it hadn't been so fast. The cries of pain that still ring through my head belonged to her, without a doubt.

And yet, it was not only the two who suffered. Another man was lying near the door, bruises already showing on his unprotected flesh. His skull was caved in, the imprint of a shoe clearly visible. It would have taken too much pressure for a casual step, but with the way people had pushed each other in their haste for the door, it was more likely an accident than not. The wrong place at the wrong time for a number of people...

This town seems cursed, and I just hope I'm not the one who set it off...

Spoiler
    Show
    aric_kale was shot through the chest. He was the Detective.
    A woman was caught by a stray bullet. She was none of you.
    A man was trampled in a stampede. He was none of you.
    Ramsus, BasketOfPuppies, and Penguinator can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 4.
    aric_kale can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 4.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    05 EmeraldRose
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    15 Nonayer
    21 Aventine
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    60 Legato Endless

Night 2 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Missed One Day
    banjo1985

As a note, you'll all just keep lynching blindly if there aren't claims going around. You don't need to claim your entire role. You don't even need to claim your actual role. Well, I guess there's nothing saying that you have to claim anything at all, but the option's there. As I've said in the OP, I'm available to make you a fake-claim: all you need to do is pick a power and alignment, and a role name if you'd like. Just a thought, and an option.

Call for all onlookers to join as a Clueless Newcomer! Just pick a number that's not been chosen (see the OP), and you'll get that role!
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-05-13 at 12:02 AM. Reason: To avoid the update thing... ...which apparently doesn't help.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

We're about halfway through the night, and I've got a bit over half of the actions in. Just so you all know.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 2

"Who are you? Why are you here?"
    "You've been causing trouble. I thought you should know that before you die."
    "I- I don't know what you're- what you're talking about."
    "If that's true, that makes the both of us. But no matter. I'm not the one who gives orders, and I'm not the sort to ask questions."
    "Please! Just let me live! I promise I won't do anything again! I'll be good, you'll see! Your boss, tell him I'll stay out of his hair, entirely!"
    "If you know me, you should know pleas don't matter. A job's a job. If you don't, well... now you know."
    "No! Please-"
    *BANG*
    *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*
    Standing above the dead body, the hooded figure scans the area before holstering his gun and walking away.
    "How strange..."
    -------------------------
    "Ah! This looks like the place! I can't believe they were hiding in plain sight all along!"
    "Pardon me, I think you're in the wrong place."
    "Oh? No, I think I am. See, this is where I'm headed, and it's right here. I have a map!"
    "...I see. Well, you're in the wrong place."
    "Oh? Care to point me in the right direction, then?"
    "Certainly."
    A single punch later, and the man was knocked out, to wake up later unsure of where he was...
    "Welcome! I can see you're new here. If you'd like, I can-"
    "Can it. I'm not here for business. Not yours at least."
    "I see."
    "It's an offer. You'll be taking it, savvy? If not, it's the boss you'll answer to."
    "I see."
    "..."
    "...well, if that's all, would you like to-"
    "No, don't need it. Bye."
    "..."
    "If you have a moment, there's much we should talk about."
    "Why, certainly, ah..."
    "The name's not important. Now, if you have a back room..."
    "Of course, of course! Uh... if you don't mind me asking, what is this about?"
    "Oh, I'm sure you'll find the terms much to your liking."
    "So, you hear about that shooting earlier today?"
    "In the bookstore? Yes, tragic, wasn't it? Two birds, one stone, and a poor man trampled in the panic."
    "Yeah, well I was thinking, tomorrow, shouldn't someone go and, well, investigate the store?"
    "...wait, what store?"
    "I- you know, I can't remember. What were we talking about?"
    "...ah! There was a shooting in the town square today!"
    "Strange. I can't remember a shop."
    "Don't worry about it. Just be careful tomorrow, you hear?"

In the morning, the Emerald Leaf is nowhere to be seen in town, just as it's always been. Though, maybe not as it always will have been.

April 15th

There was only one death tonight. With luck, things will start looking up? I figure I'll wander town as usual and see what catches my eye. You know, I've got this nagging feeling that there's a book I'm looking for, but it's not like I know the town well enough. I've not a clue where any bookstores are. Maybe I'll look for one in town today. They might have books on the town history, if that would be any help.

As for the investigation last night, I found a warehouse. I don't know why, but it called to me, as if it were out of place, or as if a clue is definitely there. I will surely be checking it out tonight, since the door was locked yesterday. For today, at least, more investigating awaits...

Spoiler
    Show
    Aventine was shot. His role is not revealed...
    EmeraldRose has disappeared. Her role is not revealed...
    Ramsus, BasketOfPuppies, and Penguinator can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 4.
    Aventine and EmeraldRose can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 5.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    15 Nonayer
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    60 Legato Endless

Day 3 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Missed One Day
    banjo1985

With 11 players currently alive, the minimum to lynch is 3 votes.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

The young woman sighs. So typical of these mysterious, eldritch shops: Here one day, and gone the next. She'd have to find somewhere else to drink coffee and read, then. Perhaps DarkLightDragon would be able to tell here where another place may be.

7. - Top - End - #127

"Hmm... Banjo"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry, miss, I'm personally not a coffer drinker. I've heard you might be able to buy some good stuff in that Fiery Tower over there, though.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Lex-kat, because ....well, Lex-kat. I have no reason, and I have little clue as to what is going on.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

10. - Top - End - #130
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Public Vote Tally (~24 hours left)
    DarkLightDragon - 1 (firedaemon33)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Tanar Aerdoth)
    The Fiery Tower - 1 (DarkLightDragon)
    Lex-Kat - 1 (banjo1985)

No Vote - 7 (Duck999, Yumori123, Nonayer, The Fiery Tower, Lex-Kat, Rain Dragon, Legato Endless)
    3 votes minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides.

...get to voting, people. >.>

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark light Dragon I choose you.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Lex-kat, because ....well, Lex-kat. I have no reason, and I have little clue as to what is going on.
    Banjo, because he is an evil clown god. ()

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #133

Banjo appeared. That's all I wanted. Dark light Dragon to break the tie.

14. - Top - End - #134

Lex for more options
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-16 at 02:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
    Sorry, miss, I'm personally not a coffer drinker. I've heard you might be able to buy some good stuff in that Fiery Tower over there, though.
    Karl was wandering down the street when he heard mention of one of his favourite pubs, the Fiery Tower. Glancing over he notes a few people gathered around a taped off shopfront.

The Emerald Leaf? I don't believe I've ever seen it before... Strange...

A little bothered by this, he rifles through his trenchcoat pocket for a small notepad and pen and continues on his way.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

16. - Top - End - #136
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Public Vote Tally (~12 hours left)
    DarkLightDragon - 3 (firedaemon33, Legato Endless, Tanar Aerdoth)
    The Fiery Tower - 2 (DarkLightDragon, Rain Dragon)
    Lex-Kat - 2 (banjo1985, The Fiery Tower)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Lex-Kat)

No Vote - 3 (Duck999, Yumori123, Nonayer)
    3 votes minimum to lynch, else Executioner decides.

17. - Top - End - #137

Sorry DLD, don't want to risk anything by not switching.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

DarkLightDragon
    I don't have much time, so random.
    Hello there, fine sir~! I am Yumori.

Yu-mo-ree

Spoiler: Hello
    Show
    there.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Odd how people jumped on DLD so fast... It's probably just random because there seems to be no way to know anything about anybody at the moment unless people start claiming... or something. Going to go for The Fiery Tower to even things out a bit.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

I will say Yumori
    I won't have computer access for 2 isn days, so I don't want to miss voting in this phase.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Yumori123 View Post
    DarkLightDragon
    I don't have much time, so random.
    You randomly happen to vote for the biggest wagon?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 3

April 15th

The town seems on edge today; something seems off. As always, people mill about in the streets, but there's a silence in the air weighing down on everything. People have realized that there are people amongst them, people they've known most of their lives, who would kill them at the drop of a hat. Even now, they talk, wondering who would do such a thing. And yet, the talk is hushed, as if no one wants to draw any attention to themselves for fear of being next. I walk, I talk, and yet I get nowhere in my investigation, until a crowd starts to gather in the square.

They talk of a person whose name has come up recently. There's a consensus that he must die, if only so others can live. Some people agreed with the decision, but others did not. One person in particular took a stand.
    "My dear friends, why must there be talk of killing today? We've seen our friends die these past few nights, and there's no evidence that this man is in the wrong. Now, you know me. I tell you, I will personally look into this matter and see what information I can dredge up, but only if you can let it go. Why must an innocent man die before we can learn the truth of this matter? Lay down your arms, and we can try and make it so no one dies this night, or if so, that we find the true killers."

As if through a miracle, the words reached the crowd, and they stopped pushing for a lynch, for a hanging, for death. Did this man speak the truth? If he lied, what were his motives? Was it actually possible that no deaths would occur? Well, one thing was for sure: no deaths would occur today, but the night was another matter. What none will do in public, some do not fear to do in secrecy, and I fear we'll see many more deaths before this case comes to a close...

Spoiler
    Show
    No one was killed...

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    06 banjo1985
    10 Yumori123
    15 Nonayer
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    42 firedaemon33
    52 Rain Dragon
    60 Legato Endless

Night 3 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Apologies for the delay; I wasn't able to write a narration until recently...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I've waited long enough for the actions I'm missing. Night is over, but it might still be a while before I can get everything sorted out and the narration up. If you haven't made a decision, and I see you make it before I put up the narration, I'll count it, so make it if you can.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 3

In a populated establishment, two men exit a back room.
    "Now, y'see, this'll be profitable. To yer liking."
    "Yes. I'll be seeing you around, I suppose."
    "Not fer a bit, no, ye won't."
    "...ah."
    The one man leaves while the other returns to the desk.
    "John, thanks for taking over. It seems I've become popular all of a sudden!"
    "Boss, I wouldn't say that's such a good thing."
    "Oh?"
    "Yeah, we just had a man asking about for you suspiciously. It didn't seem like he was out to befriend you, so I spun the truth a bit and told him you were out on an errand. Don't know if he'll be back, though. Or anyone else, for that matter. Just... watch your back, I'd say. This recent string of deaths doesn't bode well."
    "Ah. Good to know."
    "Hello, sir! Would you like to hear about how the-"
    "Don't want to hear about it."
    "Ah, but I haven't even said! This will change your-"
    "Not interested. Now leave before I call the police."
    "..."
    "In here again? I told you, don't bother me when I'm working."
    "That's not going to work this time."
    *sigh* "What is it now? I told you, if I don't get these to-"
    "I know exactly what you're doing here! And if you think I'll let you report us to your 'boss' another day... well, don't count on it."
    "What the hell are you- Guards! Guards!"
    "They won't come."
    "You idiot! What are you doing? Whose purpose does it serve?"
    "Mine."
    *BANG*
    "Oh, is it that time already? Well, come in, come in, you haven't got all night, I'm sure."
    "You're just going to... let me in? A stranger? Into your house?"
    "...yes? You have a job to do, and I'm not here to stop you. Now, if you could just be careful not to mess anything up. I've been working hard on this, as you can see."
    "...you're a strange lady, has anyone told you that?"
    "Why, certainly. I'm sure that won't stop. Now, that gun's not for show, is it?"
    "I haven't even- ah, screw this. You know what I'm here for, let's get it over with."
    "That's the spirit!"
    *BANG*
    "...it's just not as satisfying when they don't resist..."

April 16th

Two more died last night. It seems these deaths have no end, or little at that. I can't even place any motive. There are obviously multiple people at work, but how many? And is there anyone trying to stop them, or are they just sitting back and letting it happen. Out of fear? Out of inability? What reason could anyone have to just sit there and let these deaths happen? Especially the Police, as they'd been no help for searching for these killers, or for the Mooney and Shiner Gangs. They told me of some hideouts, but they'd all been cleared out by the time I arrived. Well, there was one that wasn't, though that was little consolation. They blew it up. I don't know who, and I don't know why, but that hideout certainly doesn't exist anymore. If I can't get help, then it's all on my lonesome from here on out.

Despite the deaths recently, or perhaps as a way to cope with it, there has been a strange, almost excited air in town today. When I left the inn, there were crowds in the street once more. It would seem that every so often, the town market would be in session, and today was that day. The deaths didn't matter, and if they picked another to die today, so be it. Today they bought what they found and liked, haggling over prices until they finally found one they could agree on. It seemed like fun, but I watched the chaos for another reason: it seemed a great cover for the gangs to carry out deals and transfer funds and items without anyone being the wiser. Well, I'd see, if no one else would.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yumori123 was killed. His role is not revealed...
    firedaemon33 was killed. Her role is not revealed...
    Ramsus, BasketOfPuppies, and Penguinator can return as Clueless Newcomers Today!
    Yumori123 and firedaemon33 can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 6.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    06 banjo1985
    15 Nonayer
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    52 Rain Dragon
    60 Legato Endless
    -- [b]Clueless Newcomers
    14 Ramsus
    19 BasketOfPuppies

Day 4 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Today's Market Day!

Safe-ty First - Our state-of-the-art safes have the must up-to-date security measures built in! If you need something worth protecting, rest assured that no one's getting through us!
    'Ale and 'Earty - Need a drink to pick you up? Try our specialty brews, and we'll guarantee you a one-of-a-kind experience!
    The Daily Grind - News on everything that's happening in Carrion. Buy a subscription today!

For Market Day, you can buy items! Pick a shop and amount of money to spend, and you may just get an item! You can buy multiple items from the same or different shops if you want. However, there's a chance that when you get there, the item you want will be sold out. In this case, you won't get an item, but you won't spend the money either. The more you spend on an item, the higher chance you'll get an item and the better the item will be.

BasketOfPuppies has chosen #19 and has joined as a Clueless Newcomer. Ramsus has chosen #14 and has joined as a Clueless Newcomer. They will receive their roles at the start of Day 5 and until then cannot be voted for or affected by night actions. They can, however, vote and participate in events. The both of you will get your QTs after the final I'm about to take.

With 9 players, there is a 3 vote minimum to lynch someone.

I also noticed that I mixed up colors at one point in the Night 1 narration. Whelp, I've fixed it now, if anyone cares. Blame late-night writing.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I was in a rush and forgot to say that you should tell me how much you want to spend and how many items you'd like to buy at each shop in your QT. So, if you want to buy anything, make sure to tell me in your QT. BasketOfPuppies, Ramsus, and Penguinator will be receiving their QTs shortly.

Penguinator chose #49, by the way. So, that number has now been taken.

26. - Top - End - #146

How 'bout nonayer

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Lex-kat?

I've got to admit, having not been involved with a game like this before, I'm finding it rather difficult to formulate any way of working things out here.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I'll also vote for Lex-kat for reasons. Maybe she'll be the one to lose a large item (body) this time!

29. - Top - End - #149

I don't quite have a clue yet either, due to the amount of noninformation. However, let's even this up by pointing at nonayer.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lex-Kat because patterns are fun!
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here