New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Investigation WW

I'll abstain. Again though, I'm probably dead after that seer declaration, so being lynched here isn't that a big deal.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-05-30 at 08:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Why are people abstaining? Legato has more than the minimum, so an abstain is just a de facto vote for him. Anyway, even if he didn't have enough it would just leave the lynch to the executioner's decision.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Why are people abstaining? Legato has more than the minimum, so an abstain is just a de facto vote for him. Anyway, even if he didn't have enough it would just leave the lynch to the executioner's decision.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the newspaper said Legato was a beast. I'm not sure that the newspaper is accurate; there's enough information to throw it into a different light.

At the same time, there has been... pretty much no analysis happening, let's be honest. Nobody else is willing to find a reason why there should be a different target. That would require reading and thinking, and everybody's tired out from the other games where there's more of that than normal.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another reason would be that there is no common interest for the a majority of players, except perhaps, to get rid of killing roles.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yeah, it'd be nice to actually make it all the way thru the game, but it's not likely, so oh well...

Now I get to RP a very angry Lady. This should be fun! ))

A breeze picks up on the street as suddenly The Emerald Leaf returns to its spot between the coffee shop and the bookstore. Wasn't it already there? Had it ever really left?

Within, The Lady sat before the fire, eyes flashing with an emerald fire of their own.

So. It's like this, is it you mad Trickster? Very well. I will play this out, but you will not find me willing.

Though there is no one else present, there is mocking laughter within The Leaf. And it does not belong to The Lady.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Legato Endless

Congratulations, you've caught the mafia. Though I was town before that mass of conversions corrupted my soul to the evils of bootlegging.

Good luck everyone. And I do mean everyone, because this game has been a misty chaos. I leave with a gift.

No, not the beast kill. That's still not a thing as far as I know, and those seer results were indeed accurate, unless I was the fool.

Farewell.

*bows*

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Congratulations, you've caught the mafia.
    There is no mafia, or rather, there is no true town. Those of the Town don't care about the 3 teams until they get recruited by one of them.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day is over.

Legato Endless had the most votes with 5, which is enough to be lynched. I'll get the narration out... eventually. Before I go to sleep.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    There is no mafia, or rather, there is no true town. Those of the Town don't care about the 3 teams until they get recruited by one of them.
    *looks over post*

*sees declaration as a representive of one of two groups whose flavor text paints them as organized criminals*

*Remains confused by bizarre semantic quibble*

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

...So do we post that we want to join here? Because I want to join. Here.

As the highest role number still available that can be subtracted from a prime number to get seventeen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    *looks over post*

*sees declaration as a representive of one of two groups whose flavor text paints them as organized criminals*

*Remains confused by bizarre semantic quibble*
    Oh, I see what you were saying.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    ...So do we post that we want to join here? Because I want to join. Here.

As the highest role number still available that can be subtracted from a prime number to get seventeen.
    Yes you do. And... that's a strange request, but I believe that would be 54. That is, you want a number + 17 to give you a prime, and you want to make it as large as possible. The only even prime is 2, so odd numbers are out. 60 is taken. 58 gives 75 which is divisible by 5. 56 is taken. 54 gives 71, not divisible by 2, 3, 5, or 7, which are the primes less than or equal to the square root of 71. If I've somehow made a mistake... I'm still giving you 54. Welcome to the game!

Internet Flea will be considered a Clueless Newcomer as of the start of Night 5, to get his role at the start of Night 6. Speaking of, aric_kale will get his role around the time of the narration, and... it doesn't look like there are any dead people who can return tonight.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 5

"Here we have breaking news, Mr. Legato Endless has stopped singing. Now, sir, if you would, could you please tell us why, yes, just why you would carry on such a hoax, if it is such a hoax, in an attempt to, how shall we put it, yes, scare the citizens of our fair town, hmm?"
    "I can assure you, ma'am, I have no idea what you're talking about. I read the newspaper this morning, and I can assure you it is complete slander, at least regarding me. I was not around to see the ducks and thus cannot vouch for that."
    "So, if I may get this straight. You mean to say that you haven't been singing? That you don't have a bomb inside you ready to go off?"
    "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, and I can assure you I have no idea who even thinks up these insane stories. Why, they even made up stories about my drinking habits. Why I'd never head to a Mooney bar."
    "Ah, is that right, is that right. So tell us, why sir would you not, uh, head to a Mooney bar, as you put it?"
    The man looks around almost incredulously, gesturing to his establishment.
    "Does it look like I need to go farther than the bar I have right here at my inn? I can't trust anyone else to brew drinks right, other than John, here, best drinks in town. Well, there was another, shame he died so young. Brewing accident, you see. Tragic."
    "Is that so, is that so... Now, Mr..." "Price." "Yes, Mr. Price. What would you like to say to the mob of people outside who came just to see you explode?"
    "Well, if they'd be so kind as to see me die away from my inn. Bloodstains are the worst to get out, and deaths are never pretty. Oh, yes, if they'd like a drink first, invite them in, and I'll give them one on me. Ah, and I believe I have a bit of information for the public that would be nice for them to see. If you'll come with me, I'll give you what I have. An evening edition, hmm?"
    "Oh, is that so? Yes, yes, anything you wish to share, I'll look it over right away."

And so, Mr. Martin Price, fair innkeeper of this town, was taken out into the town square. Here, people awaited his explosion and, failing that and growing bored, hung the poor man, who had accepted his fate.

-------------------------

The Daily Grind
    Special Evening Edition

The Police, our protectors. Or are they?

A recent piece of intel brings fear into the heart of every noble citizen. You may know the assassin who has been plaguing our town of late, under the moniker of the Dark-Light Dragon. He has been the cause of multiple deaths, the specifics told only to close relatives. Mr. Quince Levin, of the Carrion Community Volunteer Police (CCVP) has been revealed to be this Killer, bringing death to the innocents he should be protecting. This man is a danger, bringing harm to anyone he comes across. While he may appear perfectly normal, all caution must be applied when meeting him. In fact, better you stay away from him altogether. Due to the nature of this information, our informant will not be named, nor will any specifics. There is no further information at this time. We advise you all take extreme caution tonight.

((Yes, I know DarkLightDragon is female. But... reasons.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Legato Endless was lynched. He was the Innkeeper. He was also Sonny, the Shiner recruiter. That role will be passed on...
    aric_kale has gained his role! He's not Clueless anymore!
    Yumori123 and firedaemon33 can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 6.
    Nonayer can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 6.
    banjo1985 can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 7.
    Legato Endless can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 7.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    01 Duck999
    04 DarkLightDragon
    14 Ramsus
    19 BasketOfPuppies
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    36 aric_kale
    49 Penguinator
    52 Rain Dragon
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    11 EmeraldRose
    22 Aventine
    54 Internet Flea

Night 5 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Internet Flea has joined as role #54! Welcome! He will be a Clueless Newcomer for Night 5 and Day 6, to get his role at the start of Night 6.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Cool, we can talk in the night!

Well. It looks like not a lot has happened so far, and it looks like it's because nobody wants to say anything in thread and draw everyone's attention because that gets them killed.

BUT! As a truly neutral and unkillable party for the next Night and Day, I'm in a position to get some information out there. So, if you are a scryer, send me a message through the Postman with any scries you would like to anonymously reveal, and I'll reveal them tomorrow for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I recently realized that there were some things included in the rules recap at the opening narration that were not explicitly mentioned in the opening post. As such, I have moved the rules recap into the opening post, but I'm reposting a few bits of information here to make sure people see it.

Everyone has a power role. There are no vanillagers in this game.
    A scry is anything that reveals alignment or power information. Role names are not revealed by scry in this installment.
    Fools are told they are Seers. Any person with a Scry could be a Fool.

The newest thing that I will stress again for people who have played a Careless game in the past is that Role names are not revealed by scry in this installment. That is, the Full Seer learns only the Alignment and Power of the target, while in previous games they also learned the role name.

So, if you didn't know before, now you should.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I recently realized that I'll be on my way to a concert at the end of night. So... for those of you who haven't submitted your night actions, you still have some time, probably 12 hours or so. When I get back, I'll see what's going on in my other games and then write the narration.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night is now over.

I will get to the narration, but resolving night actions can take a while. Same with thinking up narrations...

18. - Top - End - #228
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 5

"Excuse me sir, but you'll have to come with us."
    "Oh? Who are you to barge into my office and tell me- no, wait, really. Who are you?"
    "You're not at liberty to know."
    "So, you barge in here and tell me off on account of some, what, some rumor?"
    "I assure you, everything has been investigated thoroughly."
    "What? But- ...fine. But it won't end here, let me tell you! I'll take it to my boss-"
    "We already have."
    "...to my boss, and I assure you, you won't like what comes of it."
    "Well, if you'd like... there's someone looking for, ah... those of your talents, gathering them up, you might say. Here."
    The man accepts the paper but looks skeptical, and a tad wary.
    "This? ...fine, well, if you'd leave, so I can gather my stuff? I'll be out shortly."
    When the three men have left, the remaining man picks up a suitcase and opens it while quickly dialing the phone on the wall, putting the first of his objects inside.
    "It's me. It's time to call in my... favor."
    "Target has left the building, sir."
    "Welcome to the team! Now, if I can just have your name here and... here. Yes, good. So, since you're new, I suppose someone will have to show you the ropes, get you used to town and your duties and whatnot. Yes, right. Tomorrow, come down, and I'll partner you up with someone. Now get out of here. I've got a client coming in for a meeting. Or, he should be here soon."
    "Go on! I don't have all day!"
    "Roger that. Tailing him now, sir."
    "Hey, you. Yeah, you. You came outta that building, right? What's goin' on in there?"
    "Well, you see, I've been told not to talk to strangers. Especially not in this town."
    "Ah, don't be a spoilsport! I just wanna see what's goin' on to join it, see? Nothin' strange there, right?"
    "Nothing strange at all except the way you dress. What, are you colorblind? And from the desert?"
    "Hey! Don't diss a man's wardrobe! Sometimes it's all he has!"
    "Yeah, well I need to be going. Get some rest before work tomorrow, right."
    "Ah, if that's all you'll tell me."
    "Yes. Good night."
    "Oh, indeed. Good night."
    *BANG*
    "Really, such unhelpful people, these townsfolk."
    "Target in location. Shooting in three, two..."
    *BANG*
    "Target eliminated. Returning now."
    "Oh? Oh! Is that so. Yes, yes, payment's on its way. ... Yes, I know. You look just smashing. Ah!"
    The man turns to the woman who entered and puts his finger to his lips, gesturing to the phone in his hand and on the wall, a look of apology on his face.
    The woman nods.
    "Sorry, what was that you said? Oh, yes. Tomorrow, most likely. You've been a great help, as always! Ta-ta!"
    He hangs up and turns.
    "Now, darling, I know you're not cut out for this work, but, well, there's just no one else. But tell me, do tell me how it turned out today?"
    The woman nods and relates her tale.
    "Oh? He's taken care of, is he? Well, good to know there's no one to interfere now that our... friend took care of-. Wait, he did take care of her, right?"
    The woman nods and takes a sip from her glass.
    "Oh, good! I do love it when a plan works out!"

April 18th

[No Entry Found]

Spoiler
    Show
    DarkLightDragon was killed. Her role is not revealed...
    Duck999 was killed. His role is not revealed...
    Aventine and EmeraldRose have gained their roles! They're not Clueless anymore!
    Yumori123 and firedaemon33 can return as Clueless Newcomers Today!
    Nonayer can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 6.
    banjo1985 can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 7.
    Legato Endless can return as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 7.
    DarkLightDragon and Duck999 can return as Clueless Newcomers on Day 8.

Living Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    11 EmeraldRose
    14 Ramsus
    19 BasketOfPuppies
    22 Aventine
    23 Tanar Aerdoth
    30 The Fiery Tower
    31 Lex-Kat
    36 aric_kale
    49 Penguinator
    52 Rain Dragon
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    54 Internet Flea

For surviving so long, some players receive wins!
    Spoiler: Public Win Tally
    Show
    Player Name # of Wins
    Tanar Aerdoth 1
    The Fiery Tower 1
    Rain Dragon 1
    Lex-Kat 1

Spoiler: Next Survival Wins
    Show
    (These players get wins at the start of the respective days and nights)
    Day 9 - BasketOfPuppies, Ramsus, Penguinator
    Night 9 - aric_kale
    Day 10 - Aventine, EmeraldRose
    Night 10 - Internet Flea
    Day 11 - Tanar Aerdoth, The Fiery Tower, Rain Dragon, Lex-Kat

Day 6 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

With 10 people alive, the minimum to lynch is 3 votes.

Apologies once more for the delay.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, messages from the Postman.

Lex-kat is a Multi-voter and Rain Dragon is a voider.

Ramsus, aric_kale and Tanar Aerdoth are 'suspects', which... I guess means non-Town?

The Fiery Tower scries as Mooney.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

I can confirm that I am not a voider.

I'm also not sure yet who to vote for. Still clueless and quite tired. Buuut, I wanted to help.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

21. - Top - End - #231
    Halfling in the Playground

I am, once again, very Town/Police.
    I can copy a portion of my QT if you need me to...though I'd rather not, for fear of being lynched.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I can confirm that I am not a Multi-Voter. Too bad we don't know who your source is, Internet Flea. ((This is just a placeholder vote, until we have a better target.))

And yay! I've gotten a long-life Win!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-06-03 at 05:53 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground

Oddly enough, I don't feel like I can trust internet fleas' source. When he is revealed, I'll switch my vote.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-06-03 at 08:27 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

*cough* I'd like to note something.

Internet Flea is currently a Clueless Newcomer and thus cannot be voted for. Likewise, he cannot be targeted by night actions.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Too bad we don't know who your source is, Internet Flea.
    Neither do I, they're all anonymous. I grouped them by sender if that helps.

Also I offered to do it today specifically because you can't kill me for it.

If anyone else has a message for the crowd, you have until the end of the Day to let me know!

- - - Updated - - -

Also you'll have to let me know if you want me to quote you, otherwise I'm paraphrasing.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

I don't know why someone would post me as Mooney aligned AFTER someone we know was a seer already had me scried as town. Seems suspicious, maybe a fool role?

Stop trying to lynch the messenger, guys. At most, one of those 4 groups were his, there's no way he would make up 4 sets of people when it would eventually become obvious there weren't four.

Because of the above, I don't like either or aric_kale or Lex's votes. Feels like they are trying to push for less information, which is bad.

EDIT: In fact, I don't like either of Aric's posts right now. This:

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    I am, once again, very Town/Police.
    I can copy a portion of my QT if you need me to...though I'd rather not, for fear of being lynched.
    Is clearly trying to give the impression that one of the three sides is the town side, and thus the one most people should support. Which is wrong, police isn't the "town" side, it's one of the 3 BALANCED factions in this game. I'm keeping my vote because of this.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-06-03 at 05:10 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I don't know why someone would post me as Mooney aligned AFTER someone we know was a seer already had me scried as town. Seems suspicious, maybe a fool role?

Stop trying to lynch the messenger, guys. At most, one of those 4 groups were his, there's no way he would make up 4 sets of people when it would eventually become obvious there weren't four.

Because of the above, I don't like either or aric_kale or Lex's votes. Feels like they are trying to push for less information, which is bad.

EDIT: In fact, I don't like either of Aric's posts right now. This:

Is clearly trying to give the impression that one of the three sides is the town side, and thus the one most people should support. Which is wrong, police isn't the "town" side, it's one of the 3 BALANCED factions in this game. I'm keeping my vote because of this.
    My vote was intentionally a hold vote, and I had no intention of killing the Flea. Of course, that make no difference now, since I have now been told that he is a Clueless Newcomer. So I'll turn my attention to you, The Fiery Tower. I notice of all the "scries", yours is the only faction mentioned. Whereas three of us were listed as 'suspects', and the other two given generalized roles.

Of course, this could all be Internet Flea's invention. Telling us that he recieved these 'scries' via the Postman. And now he's looking to see how we react.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Gee, I dunno. Because he was a Shiner, who said you were town aligned "Night one." You could easily have been recruited after that.

The Fiery Tower.

Although, it definitely feels like there are fools going around.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-03 at 06:03 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Gee, I dunno. Because he was a Shiner, who said you were town aligned "Night one." You could easily have been recruited after that.

The Fiery Tower.

Although, it definitely feels like there are fools going around.
    I can say I've started to be recruited by a couple of sides after the reveal that I was town, but I'm not actively on a side yet.

So I think whoever claimed me as Mooney just wants me out instead of the chance they might not get me. Which is annoying, because it means that I won't be able to play the interesting part of this game.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-06-03 at 06:06 PM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

30. - Top - End - #240

The interesting thing about that list of "suspects" is that when Legato Endless got lynched, I got this message
    Hello Tanar, Penguinator, Aric, and Ramsus.
    I am indeed a Mooney Beast, as the newspaper says. However, I have a secondary ability. Due to this ability, I have my reasons to believe the four of you are also Mooney aligned. Therefore, I have contacted you four in the hopes that I will not die today, and in the hopes of bringing together more of the team. Please do not lynch your own teammate, unless you feel like you need to to survive.
    Thanks, Legato
    Except for Penguinator, these are the names on that list. I don't know what it means. Note that Aric was still clueless at that point.

Speaking of Aric, I would like him to say what he means when he says, "Police/Town" because, as TFT pointed out, those are not allied in any way.