New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Default Re: My Little Townie: WW is Magic (game start on page 3)

You want more from me, Peej? All I can tell you is I ain't a wolf. Changeling. Whatever.

The truth is I'm actually a genetically engineered laboratory mouse engaged in a bold endeavour aimed towards world domination.

*cough*

Man, Random Person I was just voting for someone what hadn't been voted at yet. It's day one. I like to do that. It as either that or figure out who the two largest wagons were and try to even them out.

[roleplay]

.... Actually, now that I think of it....

Local machinist Fullcanter pauses in his work, glancing around surreptitiously before reaching up a hoof and tugging his left ear. Immediately there is a soft hiss, and a seam around his face appears as the entire structure swings open. Within, the Arquillian monitor assigned to observe to Equestria climbs from his control chair to stretch. He doesn't get many opportunities, what with ponies being such a social species. The tiny humanoid alien scratches his stomach idly, sighs, and returns to his seat. Moments later, local machinist Fullcanter resumes his quiet work, nearly indistinguishable from the indigenous life.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quick readthrough, will have more time later. Why are people throwing my name as a lynch candidate? Did I miss votes at me? AFAIK I have one, which doesn't really make me an alternate target to Ramsus.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Quick readthrough, will have more time later. Why are people throwing my name as a lynch candidate? Did I miss votes at me? AFAIK I have one, which doesn't really make me an alternate target to Ramsus.
    It's because of your prolific nature and, therefore, your tendency to get a random wagon pointed at you day one. As far as I read.

You guys picked the worst time for all of the posts to analyze(Because before then, I didn't have significant enough opinions to justify making a second post, in my mind), because I was asleep, and I have to leave for work at the moment. I'll have a 15 minute break to do a quick point change during work, so if there is a bandwagon to switch to based off new evidence I can do that, but I won't have enough time to analyze before the day ends, sadly(I work from noon to 6 my time and the day should end around 5:30ish my time.

I'll try to get some analysis done tonight, unless there is a no posting rule in place for night, in which case I'll do it tomorrow.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sweet, lots of activity! I read through a bit, and I'd like to see Ramsus join the 2 vote club. I think Ramsus is pretty smart and probably consistent with his tone and speech (text?) patterns. Compared to Turf War, it's especially similar, but I think his interaction with Zar was a bit forced, with the goal of getting himself into the thick of things where he could resume that indignation. Not especially wolf-like, but certainly willing to say more, so I'll shine some limelight.

If I missed some red text after the vote tally and he's now higher than two, please publicly shame me in thread.

Edit: Random's point was after the tally, not before. I'll ping Elemental, then.
    Last edited by Meta; 2014-05-22 at 01:07 PM.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm surprised to not wake up to five more pages since when I went to sleep.

Anyone want to do another vote tally?

Edit: @mangosta: lol
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 02:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    ((Which was what exactly? Your reasoning was the same as that of Ramsus or your reason for pointing at me is the same as your reason for pointing at Ramsus? I will admit to scrolling thru most of the midnight ramblings, but I would prefer not to die day 1. Day 1 points are a mess. It's part of the game as we start to feel out where people are going. Bandwagonning on Day 1 is useless except as a means to actually get thru Day 1. Now I am forced to change my Day 1 joke point in an effort to stick around one more day. Fine. Since clearly leaving a joke point will just get me killed, I will switch to Duck. ))
    Right, awake again. My reasoning is to push a second two-vote wagon to three, no more nor less. So far I can't see any plain wolf reads, which means I might as well push someone else into contention for death, and see how people react.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Man, Random Person I was just voting for someone what hadn't been voted at yet. It's day one. I like to do that. It as either that or figure out who the two largest wagons were and try to even them out.
    I didn't say you were a changeling or anything. I just said that, like pizzaguy, I got a bad vibe off post 92 - which is a hunch, no more - and that I didn't like your vote, and would be happier if it changed.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

How long left in the day? Can I get a warning before it ends. Can someone get up a vote count? I can't be on right now, so I can't do it myself.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: By my reckoning, day ends in about five hours.

Duck999 (4): Haruki-kun, Murska, smuchmuch, EmeraldRose
    EmeraldRose (3): Castaras, Chessgeek, Random_person
    Ramsus (2): Rain Dragon, Zar Peter
    Elemental (2): Askthepizzaguy, Meta
    Askthepizzaguy: Lex-Kat
    banjo1985: DukeGod
    DukeGod: Duck999
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins: The Fiery Tower
    Murska: aric_kale
    TheFieryTower: Elemental
    smuchmuch: Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Zar Peter: Ramsus
    aric_kale: banjo1985
    Haruki_kun: mangosta71
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2014-05-22 at 02:37 PM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...anytime I go to sleep this place explodes in posts >.<.
    So, in some order, I'll take Zar Peter's side as far as that (dead?) argument goes. Saying you're roleplaying is a bad defense. Nothing against roleplaying, but for all that it allows the narrator to not have some of his time wasted, werewolf is a game primarily not about it

Now, I feel like Duck is a good candidate for the day 1 lynch, but don't want to put a 2 vote difference between him and the second wagon just in case something changes at the nick of time, so I'll stand by my banjo vote.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry, distracted by other games and activities I'm doing right now.

Also going to dedicate most of this IRL day to forging role PMs for my own game, so apologies if I seem distracted.

What I am going to do is look at the tally and suggest that Duck and EmeraldRose have been sort of made into the leading candidates by what looks like a natural progression, and are therefore our top 2.

Ramsus and Elemental rounding out the top 3, in this case, top 4, but with only a couple votes each.

I dislike Ramsus for the lynch for reasons already stated. I'm not neutral on him at all, but I'm also not 100 percent sold that he's a villager. I'll just need more convincing to lean any way but villager on him.

My vote for Elemental is an attempt to find wolves, but only one person thus far has taken a bite. The original vote was simply to nominate someone and had nothing behind it as a reason except "This is someone I've never voted before".

I may return my vote to Elemental tomorrow, but for now, I'd rather discuss our top 2 candidates.

If there is a wolf among these two candidates, Duck is making no attempt to self-preserve and has been given such an opportunity. So he's either got the steady hands or is a villager with no idea he's about to even die, or doesn't care that much about being the D1 choice.

Meanwhile, EmeraldRose is pushing for Duck probably for self-preservation reasons only, as far as I can tell.

EmeraldRose, why should you not be lynched today? Why does Duck need to die?

Who are your top wolves, if any. Name them for me please.

I'd also like folks to take a position for or against these candidates, rather than simply remain off-wagon with no comment.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-22 at 04:45 PM. Reason: unvoted EmeraldRose

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

((You mean, other than I don't want to be out of the game day 1? What other reason could I possibly have? Also...I will point out again that it's day 1. I don't have any reads on who may or may not be a wolf at this point because most people point randomly or to be silly. Or to save themselves. If it wouldn't mean I'd be dead if I changed my vote, I'd probably be at the point of pushing very hard to look at you for pushing this so hard. Chances of getting a wolf day 1 are just that. Chances. It's much more likely to net a villager or someone not paying attention to the game yet. As I said before, if my name wasn't in the running, I'd have stuck to a silly random vote. Which, by the way, just so we're completely clear on this, was to try to get Ruki to make me a pony avatar.))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also willing to discuss "Chinese Fire Drill" candidates.

CFD candidates are folks with almost no votes that you'd be willing to lynch in case both Emerald and Duck look like villagers at the last second and we need alternates.

I'd be willing to CFD my original nominee Elemental, otherwise I wouldn't have voted him, but I'll also plop Lex-Kat on there just to be OMGUS-y. Nothing has happened to either reverse or solidify my opinion on Lexy, and I know from experience how impossible she seems to be to lynch. Fullbladder a little bit, but I really want to figure out how to nail him down as villager or wolf based on merit, and I'm taking that on as my personal challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

((You mean, other than I don't want to be out of the game day 1? What other reason could I possibly have? Also...I will point out again that it's day 1. I don't have any reads on who may or may not be a wolf at this point because most people point randomly or to be silly. Or to save themselves. If it wouldn't mean I'd be dead if I changed my vote, I'd probably be at the point of pushing very hard to look at you for pushing this so hard. Chances of getting a wolf day 1 are just that. Chances. It's much more likely to net a villager or someone not paying attention to the game yet. As I said before, if my name wasn't in the running, I'd have stuck to a silly random vote. Which, by the way, just so we're completely clear on this, was to try to get Ruki to make me a pony avatar.))
    It may just be a large difference in play style, but your approach seems to be to specifically not hunt any wolves on Day One and you seem to think I'm a wolf for making the attempt.

If you look at my short history on this site or my long history elsewhere, you'll note I don't consider D1 a waste of time and actively look for wolves there.

If you believe I am the type of wolf that wants to trade a D1 villager lynch for outing myself as a wolf, and believe that's the kind of strategy I use, by all means, just know it's not likely for me.

More likely would be me defending a wolfy Duck999, but that would only be useful if he's like an Alpha or something. Otherwise it draws too much attention.

Duck may be lynched anyway, but I want you to be discussed as a candidate and not have Duck simply be the lynch via inertia alone.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

EmeraldRose
    Even though I go back through and read the whole thing about self preservation, I am still making this vote. In past games, I have seen many people vote to save themselves. EmeraldRose quickly voted me to save herself, while she just as easily find better reasons to vote someone else, and get some votes to that person.

Edit: Tell me if this makes no sense...
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-05-22 at 05:14 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's a little choppy but I can follow your meaning.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked of EmeraldRose- do you have any stronger wolf candidates today?

Why should you not be lynched?

Reason why EmeraldRose is presumably you've seen wolves vote to self-preserve plenty of times, plus your vote is semi-forced.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what? Screw it. Clearly I'm not going to make it. That's fine, classes just started back again anyway. So here's what I'm going to do. Pizza why are you pushing so hard?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... Some people looked like they jumped on wagons a little too quickly. Not Murska, since he was only a second vote, and that was a tiebreaker...

Sooo... Are PMs allowed?
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-05-22 at 04:01 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know what? Screw it. Clearly I'm not going to make it. That's fine, classes just started back again anyway. So here's what I'm going to do. Pizza why are you pushing so hard?
    I already answered that question. It's my villager duty to look for wolves, not phone it in D1.

Why I signed up to play, even.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    EmeraldRose
    Even though I go back through and read the whole thing about self preservation, I am still making this vote. In past games, I have seen many people vote to save themselves. EmeraldRose quickly voted me to save herself, while she just as easily find better reasons to vote someone else, and get some votes to that person.

Edit: Tell me if this makes no sense...
    At the point I voted for you, voting for someone else wouldn't have done anything to save me. We were tied. That's why I "suddenly" jumped on the wagon. The only way it would've worked for me to get other people on a wagon I started at that point was if I was either a wolf or a mason. Which I'm not. So that would've been stupid.

As I've said before, wagons are the last place I want to be day 1 because they do nothing.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

How long left in the day? Can I get a warning before it ends. Can someone get up a vote count? I can't be on right now, so I can't do it myself.
    Day ends 48 hours from when I posted the start of Day 1. So in 3 hours, 35 minutes.

Sooo... Are PMs allowed?
    Yes, definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to affect the game, but I'm seeing some very antagonistic speech here, and I think I need to step in to make some comments and requests. It will take me a little while to formulate responses. You guy have written a lot and I'm not a very fast reader or writer.
    Well, a lot of what I was going to say has already been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    At no point do I see Zar voting Ramsus because roleplayers must die.

Zar says roleplaying isn't a defense, and that he needs a different reason to change his vote.

Again, self-explanatory- he's not voting because roleplaying is bad.

And, to be clear, there's not a single thing Zar Peter said that was in any way rude.
    Pretty much this.

I guess that's all I have to say for now. Everything seems to be going along fine, and I can see that there are no hard feelings after all. Carry on.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

I can see why you're panicking and throwing a vote at Pizza, Emerald but that doesn't help you much. Lucky (maybe) for you, this little slip up didn't change my mind about what to do after I saw the vote tally. I'm going to vote for Duck999.

Here are my reasons:
    1) Because Emerald made the exact same request to not be lynched day 1 because she wants to enjoy some RPing that I did and it'd be hypocritical of me to ask others to do something I'm not willing to do myself.
    2) Duck really hasn't been defending himself like at all as far as I can tell and he's not RPing (unless I missed something).
    3) It's probably more useful info wise if I'm on one of the leading wagons at the end of the day.
    4) I've been in Emerald's shoes here before and it's not fun and I sympathize.

@Pizza: As for Lex being hard to lynch, it's because she's generally quite nice. That's really about it as far as I know.

Edit: @Emerald: Though even with my vote and if you switch your vote back to Duck you still need to convince someone to either not vote for you or to vote for Duck.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2014-05-22 at 04:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    2) Duck really hasn't been defending himself like at all as far as I can tell and he's not RPing (unless I missed something).
    The RPing was just me not RPing. I'll RP during this game at some point, probably soon. The defense thing: In my first game, I defended my self too much according to some people, and learned that that makes me a wolf candidate. I still haven't learned how to defend myself without over defending.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

@Duck: I know what you mean there. My take on it is that such statements are erroneous and that there is no perfect amount of defending yourself. One group of people will decide it's wolfish if you don't just sit there and let yourself get lynched, the other group will decide the opposite. So my take on the matter is to defend myself however much I like however I like because there's no right answer anyway.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

The RPing was just me not RPing. I'll RP during this game at some point, probably soon. The defense thing: In my first game, I defended my self too much according to some people, and learned that that makes me a wolf candidate. I still haven't learned how to defend myself without over defending.
    Okay, this post indicates that you're not defending yourself as a conscious choice to avoid being lynched, basically.... not necessarily because you're unaware that you're about to die (not seeing the tally) or because you don't particularly care (vanilla villager maybe).

I don't like this as a choice. I didn't have a read on you before, but right now, EmeraldRose seems to be reacting based on what's in her heart, and Duck is keeping his true feelings hidden from us.

That decides things for me.

EmeraldRose

Duck999

Please be a vanilla villager at worst, or a wolf.

Sorry I pressured you so much Day One, Em. I needed to get a feel for your reactions, and of the two of you, you seem to be more honest. Plus, your unvoting Duck to vote for me felt really solid.

I also don't take your vote for me personally because I'm just that sort of player that makes people react to him, positively or negatively. Just know I'm villaging.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-22 at 05:35 PM. Reason: unvoted Duck

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

I kind of wanted to switch to Elemental but unfortunately it seems to be a bit too late right now, for any information-gathering purposes. Sorry Duck. Defending yourself is a good thing in my books, even though defending yourself in a suspicious way will probably get you lynched - not defending yourself should usually get you lynched with a higher chance.

In unrelated news, Finland eliminated Canada from the World Championship of hockey.

EDIT: I'm currently around for a little while, though also doing other stuff. If pizzaguy or someone else wants to engage with me, feel free. I'll probably compose an actual suspicion list at some point, but that might not be for a couple real life days - I've got a lot of reading to do in preparation for some exams. (Cognitive Psychology, Biological Psychology and Modern Physics)
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-05-22 at 04:57 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

I was mainly trying to avoid making the same mistake twice. Now I seem to lead the votes. So much I want to say, but all of it sounds like it would be a bad idea. Please continue to check in here, as I will probably say more before the day is over.
    Edit: Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-05-22 at 04:58 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Duck: If you have a town role to claim, you should do it now. If you are a villager, you should not claim a town role right now. If you're a villager, your best bet will be to analyze the thread and post suspicions insofar as possible, because even if you are lynched we'll then have your confirmed-town suspicions to help our own efforts later, and you still win even if you die and town wins. If you're a wolf, you should claim that immediately, and hope to escape the noose in the confusion.

EDIT: In fact, to encourage Duck, I'll actually switch to Elemental now.
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-05-22 at 05:01 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Town role being a good power role, and villager being a good non power role?
    Edit: What was the original reason for Elemental?
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-05-22 at 05:02 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Yup. If you're a villager, your role PM should tell you you are a Pony. In that case, you don't want to stay silent - any opinions, thoughts, ideas or whatever you hold could be useful, and they are very unlikely to be counterproductive at this point. If you are fated to die today, you want to leave behind as much knowledge as you can.

EDIT: Elemental showed some hesitation in voting by being active for a while before actually deciding where to point his finger. Yet, his vote was not on any wagon, nor reasoned in any particular way that I noticed. It's not much, but it's not been a hugely informative day one thus far, at least before some roles are flipped.
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-05-22 at 05:04 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    If pizzaguy or someone else wants to engage with me, feel free. I'll probably compose an actual suspicion list at some point, but that might not be for a couple real life days - I've got a lot of reading to do in preparation for some exams. (Cognitive Psychology, Biological Psychology and Modern Physics)
    My inbox is open. I wouldn't mind comparing suspicions privately, so close to the Night Phase. Plus it would keep the thread less cluttered.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

That sounds odd coming from you. I mean, private communication has its time and place, but I'm not sure two villagers discussing their suspicions, not based on any mechanical information, is something that should not be shown to everyone. And, well, clutter is only bad if it is unrelated to the game.

But if your intention is to try and gauge my reactions in a different setting, I'm happy to comply.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show