New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Chapter I: Burnt Offerings [Lordhavelock's Rise of the Runelords]

Lucas's passivity melts away with Clive's growing ire, his own temper rising to match. "I didn't lie about anything!" He shouts back, "Who you were and what happened doesn't matter anymore, and when what I deserve is mine, it'll be settled. That's what I meant in my letter, and that's why I'm here now. It's only garbage as long as it's in the hands of a slovenly old drunk like you!" Lucas's hand unconsciously grips the hilt of the family sword.

The growing animosity between father and sun, and the display of the weapon suddenly brings the crowd around them to a grinding halt, forming a small circle but still giving both men plenty of space. There are murmurs and plenty of speculation from all parties, and more than a few people suggesting someone should break them up (Clive's probably just had too much too drink, again). The approach of Izzy and her plaintive words renders both men silent for the moment, but they make no move to answer her or back down. With Sheriff Hemlock having departed moments ago with several of the town watch, Zelgiel is far and away the closest figure of authority on the scene, that is, until Aurelius steps forward, immediately drawing Lucas's gaze and a portion of his ire.

The ashen blonde young man seems to be marshaling some choice words for the interloping paladin of Abadar, but then all at once, there is a resounding peel of thunder that echoes about the square, suddenly drawing all attention towards the stage by the entrance, where Father Abstalar stands ready to give the final benediction and ceremony for the consecration of the new temple.
    Last edited by LordHavelock; 2014-05-06 at 11:37 AM.
    'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Zelgiel sighed with relief when the armored man showed up. He wasn't completely sure who it was (clearly not a member of Sandpoint's watch) but he was a calming figure to the two hot-headed humans.

"Everything alright, here, then?" Zelgiel asked, looking from Izabetta to the paladin but avoiding the gazes of the other two men.

The lad looked like he was about to say something when the priest made his presence on the platform known. Zelgiel jumped nearly half a foot in the air at the sudden booming sound, cursing in Shoanti and Elven in even mix at his own foolish fright.

Damn priest... Good thing I wasn't napping or I'd need a new set of trousers... Zelgiel mused irritably.

He took a quick look around the square, making sure there was no trouble elsewhere (that would then get him into trouble for not dealing with it), then looked back at the three men and Izabetta, making sure that everything was really okay, particularly for the priest's big moment.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

"Perception Check" - (1d20+6)[16]
    "Initiative" - (1d20+3)[9]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Aurelius catches sight of Zelgiel and gives him a respectful nod and then a shrug in response to his question. Phew, it's a guardsman. He should be on my side, unless he's somehow involved in this...probably not, judging by his tone. Aurelius has his mouth half open to respond when the thunderstone goes off. He flinches instinctively and reverses his grip on his sword to draw it before catching himself, though he does look around in alarm until he realizes the source. Gods Above, way to look like a frightened calf in front of all these people! He quickly straightens his back and eases his defensive stance, returning his gaze to keep an eye on the two quarreling men but turning his body towards Father Zantus along with the rest of the crowd.

Show

Perception: (1d20+1)[14]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[4]
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-05-06 at 12:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Well, then, when you can say more than two words to your father without mentioning the stupid rifle, we'll see about it. I'm not being stubborn just for the sake of it, son. We haven't seen each other in ten years. . ."

Clive's face is actually showing a lot of relief right now, even though he tries to hide it, especially from Lucas. For a moment there, he was ready to shoot to wound his son, but these strangers -- and Zelgiel, let's not forget him -- arrived just in time. He puts his left hand, shaking, inside his pocket. He couldn't be weak, no, no. He couldn't allow himself that, not now.

Goooooods, I need a drink so much... Just one will do, I swear...

His mind is so far away that he barely notices the thunder cutting through the air, but it's enough to bring him back to reality. In a matter of miliseconds, old instincts come back, and his eyeballs are zigzagging inside their orbits, looking for a sign of danger.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[20]
    Perception: (1d20+7)[10]

5. - Top - End - #35

BlueWizardGirl

Under normal circumstances, Sera would be deeply ashamed of herself. Talking to someone without looking at them, probing impolitely, not properly introducing herself; she would never be caught dead displaying such uncouth behaviour. Of course, under normal circumstances she might not have been here to begin with, and it was for nothing anyway as she clearly wasn't doing a good job at being normal, happy and unassuming. She was probably simply a terrible liar.

"Well..."

But what should she do now? Get up and run? Not until it was safe. Make up some story? She didn't want to lie if she didn't have to...but her problems didn't necessarily have to be revealed in detail, or the details could be altered. Perhaps she could get by with partial truths. But even that might be too dangerous. After all, what if this woman was one of her pursuers or would be interested in her bounty? What if she was only here to stop her from leaving the bench while those armed men closed in?

Sera looked at her trembling hands...and feigned another smile. Perhaps she could use them to her advantage. "...I'm merely a little overwhelmed. Some of the people here are terrific dancers. Why, there was a group of them who spun and twirled all around, constantly changing partners. I've never seen a dance like that before..."

As Sera rambled on, Luna left her shoulder and hovered overhead, still watching the Sheriff.

"...and before I knew it I'd accidentally got caught in the middle of it! Such a, a frenzy of colour and laughter; in fact, it was a little bit frightening but they danced with expert timing. Amazingly enough, I didn't become dizzy, but when it was over I was still tingling from the dance. That, and the crowd, was too much for me--that's why I'm not one for enormous parties--so I decided to relax here."

Once the Sheriff finally led off the Scarnetti and his men, Luna returned to Sera--her right shoulder this time, keeping herself hidden from the hooded stranger--and whispered "They're leaving. We may go now."

"So I'm not 'okay' in an absolute sense, miss, but in a minute or two I will be, I assure you." Once I'm in my apartment. "If I may say, I believe you may find your crusade quite rewarding here. Perhaps not in defending against assailants as much as helping brighten someone's day. There's a real sense of community and goodwill here, this festival is proof of that. I don't see why anyone who shares your wish to help people wouldn't want to be your friend." And under normal circumstances Sera would have been the first, for she also saw merit in helping others, but the only thing she could do as a friend now was put those she cared about at risk. It was bad enough that her best friends would undoubtedly be investigated, for information on her if nothing else. Val...

Sera rose briskly and curtseyed to the stranger with a smile. "I think I shall return home and rest. It was a pleasure to meet you, miss. Good day." Without delay she headed north up the road. Fortunately, the White Deer was right there; she could see its roof over the houses.

Angry voices roaring over the festival stopped her. As before, the noise of the festival held a different tone now, one of cautious murmurs and speculation rather than joy, and above it all two men yelled at each other. Sera's feet moved towards the commotion before and after she told herself it was a bad idea.

"What are you doing?"

"Someone might be in trouble."

"If so, let the guards handle it."

"I want to see what's happening, at least."

She didn't get very far before a tremendous boom exploded nearby. She instinctively crouched, placed her hands over her ears and yelped with fright. As the echoes cleared and she slowly rose, everyone around her looked to the cathedral. A priest she hadn't seen before stood before the crowd, clearly about to do something important, but what about that heated argument? Whoever they were, they weren't yelling at each other, but Sera couldn't help but weave her way through the crowd, looking for where she thought their voices originally came from.

Show

Perception checks...for something.
    Sera: (1d20+3)[22]
    Luna: (1d20+9)[20]

Initiative: (1d20+2)[5]

6. - Top - End - #36

Cyarra could only nod dumbly in response to Sera...

"Well, yeah but... I mean... something doesn't..."

Something still didn't seem right, but the poor girl was going a mile a minute, and Cyarra felt rude to attempt to poke more holes into the story than there already where.

"So I'm not 'okay' in an absolute sense, miss, but in a minute or two I will be, I assure you. If I may say, I believe you may find your crusade quite rewarding here. Perhaps not in defending against assailants as much as helping brighten someone's day. There's a real sense of community and goodwill here, this festival is proof of that. I don't see why anyone who shares your wish to help people wouldn't want to be your friend."

Cyarra was about to open her mouth in protest, but then sighed in resignation.

"Yeah, absolutely. Lots of friends, all over the place."

Cyarra worked very, very, VERY hard to keep the sarcasm out of her voice.

"I think I shall return home and rest. It was a pleasure to meet you, miss. Good day."

Cyarra remained wordless as the girl got up and walked away.

Something is very, very wrong. Sorry girl, but you're getting followed for now. Good job Cy, getting stuck on being worried for someone's safety. Like always.

Cyarra waited till she was far enough away, then got up. She made sure to secure her hood and slowly pursued the woman. Off she went it seemed, headed towards an inn to- wait, whoop. Nope, not really.

Why the devil is she turning around towards that crowd?

It wasn't until she looked towards them did she hear the screaming and the argument. And her new 'friend' headed right towards them.

"Hmm."

Things looked like they were about to get violent... that celestial blood started pumping. Beating.

"Damn it..."

She kept pursuing Sera, who in turn was headed towards the argument.

Two birds with one stone may-

KRASH!!!

The sound of thunder struck, and she gasped for a moment in confusion. She eyed the priest, and in response she started to quicken her pace to the crowd. That bad feeling refused to go away, and she needed to figure out why.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll time!!
    Perception: (1d20+1)[21]
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[10]
    Last edited by Koryander; 2014-05-06 at 09:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Even as Father Zantus opens his mouth to begin, he is suddenly taken aback, looking out into the surrounding crowd with disbelief and no small amount of trepidation. Sudden concern amongst the crowd quickly turns to alarm and panic as shouts of alarm and cries of terror ripple through the gathered masses, along with echoed cries and the sound of breaking and smashing from down below the bluffs. With an inhuman shriek, some thing streaks at just below waist height through the center of the crowd, and a pathetic yelp is heard by all as some poor citizen’s dog is slashed across the flank and belly, falling into a convulsing heap before lying still, dead amidst horrified onlookers. A triumphant, screech is heard immediately following from beneath the wagon, as the hound’s assailant licks the blood from a rusty, crooked blade, peering out with beady black eyes for more prey. The screech is answered as more of the little freaks suddenly make their presence known upon the stage and picnic tables of the festival, gibbering and making a tumultuous mess of everything within arms reach as they hack haphazardly with an assortment of crudely bladed weapons. As if their stunted, repugnant appearance and manic antics weren’t enough to give away the identity of the culprits, the raucous cacophony of cackling and war-shrieks rises to a crescendo before merging into a tuneless discordant chant:

”Goblins chew and goblins bite!
    Goblins cut and goblins fight!
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!”

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

The Goblins have already used their actions this round to move into position (and kill the dog). Goblins 2-6 are standing atop the stage and picnic benches, granting them a height advantage.

All spaces are at this moment considered Crowded, and will remain so until the crowds have time to disperse. Father Zantus and Mayor Deverin are in the process of directing said crowds into the Cathedral, but while they act on the Surprise Round, the Crowds will act at Initiative 0 in the first regular round.

Spoiler: Crowds
    Show
    Urban streets are often full of people going about their daily lives. In most cases, it isn't necessary to put every 1st-level commoner on the map when a fight breaks out on the city's main thoroughfare. Instead, just indicate which squares on the map contain crowds. If crowds see something obviously dangerous, they'll move away at 30 feet per round at initiative count 0. It takes 2 squares of movement to enter a square with crowds. The crowds provide cover for anyone who does so, enabling a Stealth check and providing a bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves.

Directing Crowds: It takes a DC 15 Diplomacy check or DC 20 Intimidate check to convince a crowd to move in a particular direction, and the crowd must be able to hear or see the character making the attempt. It takes a full-round action to make the Diplomacy check, but only a free action to make the Intimidate check.

If two or more characters are trying to direct a crowd in different directions, they make opposed Diplomacy or Intimidate checks to determine to whom the crowd listens. The crowd ignores everyone if none of the characters' check results beat the DCs given above.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'

8. - Top - End - #38

As Cyarra pushed through the crowd to follow Sera, a horrifying streak of green color weaved between where the two was standing. It was enough to make the poor Aasimar gasp and recoil for a moment. She looked up to peer into Sera's eyes, shocked. At first, it was shock at the blur she just saw... And then realizing that Sera knew she was tailing her.

"... I swear this isn't what it looks like."

Before Cyarra's cynicism could go any further, the horrifying visage of a dog, mangled and destroyed, cascaded forward in between the two women. Her bright orange eyes went wide as it fell, lying dead between them. Prying her eyes way from the terrible sight, she looked left, then right.

"Oh."

Though the crowd to the left, to the right, that familiar shade of green was all around them between the cracks of the crowd. She looked back to Sera, the resolve back in her eyes.

"Try and stay close! I'm going to fight these things, but I don't want to lose you in the crowd! Unless you'd rather that. If that's the case then I'll just have to have an Aasimar panic attack or somethi-"

She silently cursed her sarcasm, maybe she didn't hear that... Regardless, Cyarra motioned to the goblin on the structure to the south of them. "I'm headed that way!"

As Cyarra turned to run towards the Goblin, she glances a curious look backwards, Sera was gone, and the faint outline of shadow could be seen until that too, drifts away. She could only blink for a moment, then smirk wide.

Interesting. Alright then, looks like I'll have to handle this sucker.

She turns once again, and pushes through the crowd towards the goblin.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

Cyarra is moving to Y16 to get close to the goblin, to lay some goblin smackdown next round.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Koryander; 2014-05-07 at 12:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I'm posting before Psydon because I think it won't be an issue in this case, just to speed things up a bit

Everything takes place in a matter of seconds.

It takes him a while to understand what is going on, but when Clive finally gets it, he's one of the first to be moving. Goblins, here? What the hell? He can feel the blood pumping through his veins, and for the first time in a long while the pains on his body suddenly disappear while he is sober. This. I was made for this. I need to protect my city.

Don't just stay there, Zelgiel! Come with me! Hemlock isn't here!, Clive shouts, already way ahead. Who they think they are? Attacking us here, today, in our Festival? That's whats going through his mind when he finally gets at a decent distance to shoot the closest goblin. Then he notices.

His hands are still shaking.

Frack Lucas. Frack the booze. Focus, focus, FOCUS!

He takes a deep breath and tries to remember his first lessons. Things that go back more than 30 years. Find a way for the bullet. Don't hit anyone but the green demon. The musket still feels too heavy in his hands. Clive knows he will miss like this.

Don't aim with your hands. Aim with your eye. Do not shoot with your hand. Shoot with the mind.

His hands are steady.

Boonie pulls the trigger.

Show
    I'm moving from T17 to T20, and shooting the G5 goblin.

Attack roll (against touch AC): (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage (1d12)[4]
    Last edited by Melquiades; 2014-05-07 at 06:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

BlueWizardGirl

Whatever had transpired in the minute before, it was gone, replaced by the monstrous din of shrieking civilians and goblins everywhere, the shrill echoes crashing violently in her ears while the crowds tossed and bumped her about in their frantic attempts to run; and no matter how many people were in her way, she could always see the wide, frozen stare of the dog, its blood and entrails oozing out of its belly, pooling split in two against the rocks, splatters of blood and chunks of meat bursting out, and still those eyes looked at her, even after popping out of their sockets...

...but then a pair of clawed hands seized her shoulders and pulled her away from the grisly sight. The bridge and the countryside were swallowed by a vast inky cloud. The hands that held her, along with four massive wings, sprouted from within the cloud, and two eyes wreathed in purple flames stared without blinking. One of its hands reared back and
    someone slapped her face. One voice rang in her ears, louder than any scream.

"Defend yourself!"

She couldn't see the dog anymore. For just a moment, there was only the shock of the slap, her stinging cheek, the noise around her, and another familiar voice. Next to her, the hooded one explained her intentions. Her terrified heart still struck a war-beat to retreat, but this one moment gave a little clarity of thought, and it was enough. Sera nodded to Luna and the hooded...aasimar? "Very well." First, hide. She knelt, keeping out of the goblins' sight. Second, I need a shield. Though she had only wielded magic for a week, she knew the theories and practices behind spellcasting inside and out. Years of training in vain suddenly paid off after forging her pact with Luna. The power came with practiced ease, swirling streams and motes of black energy surrounding her hands.

Focus first on the two of us. The power we share: within us, around us, ever flowing from me to you and from you to me. Soon, you will feel it extending from you within your shadow, clutching at the world, bending around any bothersome lights.

The numerous patchwork blankets of shadows around her started to slightly bend away from their owners and towards her.

Your shadow, as with anyone's shadow, is always a part of you. It can merely be hidden, and only by an even greater darkness. If you can reach into it, you can--

"Seize it! Shape it!"

...And there it was, amongst so many. Sera could feel it, moving as she did, connected but still separate, almost like a tail; all that remained was to use it. At her will, Sera's shadow rose from the ground, expanding around her until it formed a sphere of black mist.

"Well done!"

Now, what to do next...

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

Sera 5' steps to W16 and casts Shadow Armour on herself. Both she and Luna make Knowledge Local checks on the goblins (they should be able to clearly see at least G2 and G6) and Stealth checks to hide in the crowd.

Sera - Knowledge Local: (1d20+5)[9] (untrained)
    Luna - Knowledge Local: (1d20+3)[21] (untrained)

Sera - Stealth: (1d20+2)[22]
    Luna - Stealth: (1d20+10)[14]

Spoiler: Seraphina and Luna
    Show
    Lady Seraphina Cieluce

Aspect: "Former Noble, Seeker of Forgotten Magics"

Trouble: "Prey in a World Full of Predators"

Female NG (leans LG) Human (Chelaxian) Witch, Level 1, Init +2, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18, CMD 15, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
    CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 0, Dark Union Points 2
    Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    Sling (20) +2 (1d4-1, x2)
    Shadow Armour (+4 Armour, +2 DEX, +4 Cover)
    Ability Scores Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Conditions
    -Cover (+4AC, +2REF)

Luna
    Unknown Gender Unknown Alignment Tiny Raven Familiar, Level 1, Init +2, HP 4/4, Speed 10 / 40 (flight)
    AC 19, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 10, Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +4
    CMB -6, Base Attack Bonus 0, Dark Union Points 1
    Bite +4 (1d3-4, x2)
    Ability Scores Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 7
    Special Abilities
    -Low-light vision
    Conditions
    -Cover (+4AC, +2REF)
    Spells Prepared

-L0- (unlimited casting)
    Detect Magic
    Daydream
    Luna's Guidance

-L1-
    Dream of the Giant
    Shadowsnare
    Shadow Armour

Durations

Shadow Armour (1 hour, on herself): 600/600 rounds

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Panic continues to mount in the festival square, and below in the downtown as well, sounds of struggle and strife can be heard. What has driven the goblins to attack now, on this day, when never before have they ever been so bold to move against Sandpoint, it is impossible to say, but the crowd of festive citizens has turned to a horrendous feat-stricken mob in no time at all. Father Zantus manages to bellow over the din and screams, ushering citizens into the Cathedral as Mayor Deverin does the same. A smattering of town watchmen do their best to assist, but were hardly expecting an attack, and with Sheriff Hemlock having taken a share of them back to the garrison, they're clearly without a plan or the wherewithal to act against the mad little freaks now harassing folks right and left.

Sera and the crow upon her shoulder can be seen briefly swirling in an unnatural penumbra but it quickly lost sight of in the crowd, whilst Cyarra, momentarily distracted from the highborn girl's intrigue moves directly towards the nearest goblin raider, tower shield raised high. The resounding 'crack' of Clive's musket causes the crowd around him duck instinctively, even as they continue to move, but leaves the goblin to his left howling with pain as the musket-ball punches through the side of miserable wretch's torso.

Show

G1 climbs up onto the top of the wagon and does a fiendish little victory dance (however premature).
    G2 & G3 have torches and appear to be trying to set fire to the stage, even as they're standing on it.
    G4 leaps madly across the gap between picnic tables and falls flat on it's face into a plate of roast venison
    G5 takes 4 damage and moves to flank Clive, but misses with his attack.
    G6 misses Cyarra, even fighting from height advantage on top of the picnic table.

The highlighter area of the map is no longer 'Crowded'

Show

Last edited by LordHavelock; 2014-05-07 at 01:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

The sudden commotion and appearance of the goblins sends the adrenaline rushing through Aurelius. He sees the closest goblin move to attack Clive and kicks into action without even thinking. His sword has claimed two lives already, but not in hectic combat like this. Drawing his blade, he moves into position near the gunslinger, hoping to keep the goblins off him so he can continue to fire.

Keep firing! I'll get them off you!

Aurelius grips his training sword in both hands but opts not to put his full force into the swing guessing that these goblins tend to be tricky and hard to hit.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show

Move Action: Move to V20 (draw sword as part of move action)
    Standard Action: Attack Goblin G5
    Attack: (1d20+7)[16] (+2 from flanking)
    Damage: (1d8+6)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

13. - Top - End - #43

Cyarra blocks the goblins attack, utterly un-phased by the swing. As the shield sparks against the goblins weapon, she strikes back.

"Next time, try to leave a DENT."

As she swings her weapon, the sound of an exploding KACHOOM!! rings through her ears, causing her to jerk in the direction of Clive and Aurelius.

"What the hell was that?!"

That man over there... he was using a GUN. An actual, real life GUN

I'm meeting all types today huh...?

Reaction and reflexes kick in as she makes a b-line for the pair, ignoring the Goblin she just attempted to strike... regardless if it was alive, wounded or dead.

"Hang on! I'm coming to help!"

Spoiler: Attack actions!:
    Show

Alright, first! I promised I'd roll dice right into this things face so...:
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[13]

Second, Cyarra will be recklessly heading over to Clive, taking any and all AoO's to the face with no regard to her own safety because that's how Cyarra rolls. If Cyarra can make it over to him, she will provide him with saving shield, granting 2+ AC. If difficult terrain impedes her, or if she somehow gets knocked out before than, she will either stop as close as she possibly can or... well, be on the floor bleeding XD
    Last edited by Koryander; 2014-05-07 at 04:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I should run. I'm without weapons and not wearing armor. Even if I did have that sort of stuff I'm not a warrior. Running would be the sensible thing.

Izzy freezes for a few seconds terrified and ready to retreat. And then the old gunslinger puts a bullet through a goblin. There's two warriors rushing into the fray with swords and shields. How can she run when there are others willing to risk their lives. Maybe just maybe she can stop this without further violence. Izzy doesn't think that's likely but she has to try.

She spends a second rehearsing the words in her head; it's been so long since she's spoken this tongue

<STOP. Leave here now and you will not be hurt further!>

Izzy yells in Goblin hoping that she's got the phrasing right. However she's not optimistic about her chances and she's a practical woman so The priestess does not end there.

I was meaning this for the opening of the temple but now seems like a good time. Lady protect us!

Izzy grabs her necklace in her hands and starts to pray.

In the Light of the Lady
    In the Night of the Goddess
    Walk softly and be aware, for you are Blessed
    Sing deeply and Be Blessed, for you are chosen
    Let the Light in with you
    Let the Dream capture you
    Step to Her song
    Sing Her song
    for you are chosen
    You are at the Right hand of the Goddess

The next question is, how'd the goblins get here in the first place? They couldn't have sneaked through the entire town easily. And why are they being so aggressive, goblins are normally too cowardly to attack crowds in broad daylight.

Show
    Casting Bless. Izzy considers everyone within range who's not a goblin to be an ally so they all get that +1

Move action to make a perception and try to figure out what's going on and where the goblins came from

(1d20+5)[14]

15. - Top - End - #45

RogueGuy

"Goblins?!" Zelgiel cried in dismay.

His face quickly switched from surprise to disgust, however, as he saw the behavior of the rabid little critters. More vermin than monster, he'd heard once. A friend many years ago had told him that they were a stinking, addle-brained blight on Varisia; Zelgiel couldn't agree more, now that he saw them up close.

Old man Boonie was in trouble, he saw, but the armored knight charged to his aid.

"Izabetta, get behind me!" Zelgiel called to the praying priestess, drawing his bow from over his shoulder and stringing it in one fluid action before grabbing and nocking an arrow from the small quiver on his back.

He aimed right down the shaft of his arrow, centering on each goblin target in the square. The two near Clive were too agile, and the risk of hitting the old man was too great. Suddenly, there was another woman. Zelgiel only got a brief glimpse of her face, and of shield and steel. There, right behind her on a picnic table, was a goblin.

With the speed of a cougar, the half-elf shifted his aim. Like a breath of air, he released the arrow; the archer's sigh flying higher than intended.

Show
    Drawing longbow and arrow
    Shooting at G6 once Cyarra is clear
    Attack - (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage - (1d8)[1]
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-05-07 at 08:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

BlueWizardGirl

"Multiple tribes have united for this attack. I recognized their war dress."

"How many?"

"Six in this area; all might be here. I am unsu--"

Another tremendous bang tore through the air, scattering the people in their midst. As they cleared, Sera saw four others in the square with her and the aasimar, one of whom was holding a smoking tube with a trigger... Is that an actual firearm?! She'd never seen one before, though rumours abounded in Magnimar about such emergent technology: the next evolution of the bow, stronger and faster by far due to the advent of gunpowder. But there was no time to ponder it and the rest of them knew that, springing to the rifleman's aid while two goblins surrounded him. There were still three behind them all, though they didn't seem to be doing anything threatening. Goblins weren't exactly known for their intellect...and since they weren't, a more primitive display might drive them off or at least weaken their resolve, and she had just the spell for such a display. The young man with the large sword would make a fitting target.

Sera held out her arm towards him and focused on him, chanting the incantation and projecting it, as Luna taught her, to the darkness in his own mind: the place where that held the canvas of the soul, upon which dreams were painted. "Strength surges through your veins, quaking the earth with your every step. No one can challenge you. Nothing can stop you."

As she spoke the words, a different voice echoed them in his own thoughts, and with it came feelings of indomitability and overwhelming might. Strength surges through your veins... In a vision, the goblins leapt at him and were swatted aside like pesky flies, hardly a match for him. quaking the earth with your every step... He strode through the streets of Sandpoint as tall as the buildings, a horde of frightened goblins fleeing before him, their stragglers crushed into red paste underfoot as the villagers cheered from their windows. No one can challenge you. Armies of goblins, so tiny they were like ants at his feet, charged at him upon distant plains. He slammed his mighty blade into the earth, and a great wave of air and earth shot forth to bury them all. Nothing can stop you. He stood at the edge of Sandpoint, a mountain of a man, vigilantly watching the countryside for danger. And there was more to those words than mere boasting, for he and his blade doubled in size, becoming the giant that could make these dreams realities.

"Impressive. You would be wise to hide behind him, we're exposed."

Sera agreed completely, and began making her way to him.

Show

Sera casts Dream of the Giant on Aurelius and then 5' steps to V17*. She and Luna make Knowledge Nature checks on the goblins.

*Lord, you never moved Sera in the most recent map update. She's supposed to be at W16 before taking her actions in this post.

Sera - Knowledge Nature: (1d20+9)[22]
    Luna - Knowledge Nature: (1d20+7)[23]

Show
    Lady Seraphina Cieluce

Female NG (leans LG) Human (Chelaxian) Witch, Level 1, Init +2, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18, CMD 15, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
    Conditions
    -Cover (+4AC, +2REF)

Luna
    Unknown Gender Unknown Alignment Tiny Raven Familiar, Level 1, Init +2, HP 4/4, Speed 10 / 40 (flight)
    AC 19, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 10, Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +4
    Bite +4 (1d3-4, x2)
    Special Abilities
    -Low-light vision
    Conditions
    -Cover (+4AC, +2REF)
    Spells Prepared

-L0- (unlimited casting)
    Detect Magic
    Daydream
    Luna's Guidance

-L1-
    Dream of the Giant
    Shadowsnare
    Shadow Armour

Durations

Dream of the Giant (1 minute, on Aurelius): 10/10 rounds
    Shadow Armour (1 hour, on herself): 599/600 rounds
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2014-05-07 at 11:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

As the crowd clears out around the group of heroic individual rushing to Sandpoint's aid in this moment of doubt, more and many eyes set themselves upon Izabetta as she calls out to the goblins in their own twisted tongue, causing a moment of pause and reflection as her commanding (if stilted) words are enough to distract the goblins on the ground before her, as well as those upon the stage and wagon directly northward. Unfortunately, mere words are not enough to settle matters at hand, as the goblin on the wagon proceeds to turn round in full and moon the ardent priestess while making an obscene noise with his tongue and mouth, causing the two goblins on the stage to fall over uproariously, nearly setting themselves on fire in the process.

Those goblins on the picnic tables and ground directly before Cyarra and currently engaged in melee with old man Boonie are not nearly so amused as the fervent knight of Abadar strides forward, glittering steel in hand, causing the goblin he approaches to lash out with his dogslicer, hacking desperately at the paladin's knees . . . only to be cleft in twain where he stands, struck paralyzed between Izzy's words and Aurelius's imposing mien. As Cyarra also moves into the swirling melee, the goblin she had been engaging manages only to add a little more noise to the swirling cacophony as his weapon bounces harmlessly off of the Aasimar's armor, and is just as quick to dive to the ground once Zelgiel's arrow embeds itself in the table where Cyarra once stood. Clive meanwhile, finds himself beset by the goblin on the table, but Cyarra's swift action causes that goblin's blade to resound harmlessly from her tower shield. The goblin stares dumbfounded first at Cyarra, then at Sera as the crowd parts to revealed her girded in shadow and chanting, only to go wide-eyed in fear at the sight of Aurelius as he grows to a height of ten goblins stacked on one another.

The sight of Sera's arcane trickery however has more than just the intended effect of benefiting Aurelius however, as both the goblin on the picnic table and on the wagon seize upon her hated magic as an invitation to attack and immediately rush forward from their respective vantage points to assault her. Meanwhile, the goblins on the stage, have managed to build up a small blaze and appear to be preparing to cast their torches and bits of timber onto the Cathedral!

Show
    Attack of Opportunity vs Aurelius deals 3 damage.
    Aurelius kills Goblin G5.
    Attack of Opportunity vs Cyarra misses.
    Zelgiel Misses.

Goblin 4 misses Clive thanks to Cyarra.
    Goblins 1, 6 fail to hit Sera thanks to her Shadow Armour

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askel View Post
    "Izabetta, get behind me!" Zelgiel called to the praying priestess, drawing his bow from over his shoulder and stringing it in one fluid action before grabbing and nocking an arrow from the small quiver on his back.
    I think at this point you've earned the right to just call me Izzy!

The small woman ducks behind Zegiel as requested. She's not wearing armor and just because she's decided to participate in this confrontation does not make her a fool.

I think the goblins came from around the graveyard. There might be more of them back there. We have to save the cathedral.

Izzy takes a deep breath and feels for the skeins of fate that surround Zelgiel. She doesn't know whether her disruptions will be good or bad, or what she's changing exactly but usually this is for the best. She pulls on the threads slightly.

Still this isn't right. If the goblins had just wanted to burn down the cathedral they could have done that without causing all this commotion and getting hurt. Besides didn't that woman mention multiple tribes working together? The only way that would happen would be if some external force was uniting them. Could the goblins be . . . a distraction?

Izzy takes another look around the square this time looking for anyone behaving oddly.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ft stepping to R15
    Using Bit of Luck on Zelgiel (Lets him reroll any and all d20 roll made during his next turn though he has to keep the second roll if he does)
    Another Perc check: (1d20+5)[14]
    Last edited by Recherché; 2014-05-08 at 01:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

The rush of combat keeps Aurelius fighting through the pain of the goblin's attack as he quickly drops the little bugger. Turning once again to take stock of the situation, he sees Sera being surrounded and moves to intervene, cursing his earlier carelessness as he moves.

Gods Below, that hurts! How could I have been so stupid? What wound Father say...

He's so focused on attacking the goblins and fighting through the pain of his first real wound, he barely notices the effects of the spell as he surges in size to tower over the goblins even more!

Show

Move Action: Move to V18
    Standard Action: Attack Goblin G6 at W17
    Attack: (1d20+5)[25] Critical Hit!
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7] +1 because I forgot he was Large now, 23 damage total from Crit.
    Crit Confirmation in OOC

Spoiler: Statistics
    Show
    Aurelius Stormscale
    Male LG Human Paladin, Level 1, Init +2, HP 10/13, DR -, Speed 20 ft
    AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 1
    (Power Attack) Longsword (Two-Hands) +6(+5) (2d6+7(+10), 19-20/x2)
    Chainmail (+6 Armor, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 15
    Condition Enlarge Person, Bless
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-05-10 at 10:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

20. - Top - End - #50

Cyarra steps to the side of Clive and swipes the blow away with her shield, glaring at the goblin before glancing around again.

"Goddess be damned, they're coming from behind as well."

She gestures to Sera and Aurelius, nodding.

"We should roam as a pack! Fall back with me and keep firing."

Cyarra's eyes glanced around the battlefield, she was counting... one, two, three, four, five... and herself is six.

"Alright, I'm headed to the paladin and the girl, keep safe!"

Show
    Cyarra will back up to U17 and strike goblin G1!
    Attack:(1d20+3)[11] add +1 for blessing
    Damage:(1d10+4)[8]

She will provide Saving Shield to Sera if she comes to blows. If not Aurelius will get Saving Shield if HE comes to blows.

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show

AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+5 armor, +4 shield, +2 Dex)
    hp 13 (1d10+3)
    Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
    Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5

Last edited by Koryander; 2014-05-08 at 12:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

"Thank you, boy!" Clive shouts to the fully armored man -- or at least he thinks -- with a tower shield who just protected him.

Keep shooting. Not enough time to get out of his way. Think about the kids. Think about the cathedral.

Clive then proceeds to reload his musket at what seems lightning speed for those looking at him. He knows that's not true, though. Too slow, old man. Too slow. Back in the day you could do this with your eyes closed and with thrice the speed. Look at the calluses in your fingertips.

He knows the goblin is going to attack him. It doesn't matter. He doesn't need to aim much, he's right in his face. The forehead. Hit the forehead.

BANG!

Show
    Move Action: Reload the musket (Rapid Reload)
    Standard Action: Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d12)[11]

Edit: forgot to mention, but I'm attacking the G4 goblin.
    Edit2: I also forgot, but I have Point-Blank Shot. Add +1 to damage and attack roll.
    Last edited by Melquiades; 2014-05-09 at 05:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

RogueGuy

Zelgiel cursed softly in Shoanti, unknowingly slipping back into his mother's tongue. In a heartbeat, he had another arrow nocked and ready. There were several civilians in the square who were still fighting the goblins, while the knight and Clive seemed to have turned the tides for themselves. Nearby, though, there was another woman -

A mage?! he realized as he saw the darkness flowing around her. It was unmistakable; there she stood, surrounded by goblins.

As Zelgiel aimed at the goblins attacking her, he held his breath. Loose the arrow too soon and he'd risk hitting her...

Easy... Patience...

Twang!

Show
    Firing arrow at G1; -4 penalty for shooting into melee combat has been included in my die roll, along with the +1 from Bless
    Attack - (1d20+1)[12]
    Damage - (1d8)[3]
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-05-10 at 12:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

BlueWizardGirl

Sera didn't get far before tripping on the hem of her robe and tumbling to the ground. Two of the little demons reached her in what seemed only an instant later, pouncing with their crude blades raised, only to bounce off of her shadow as the mist briefly solidified into a jet black shell. It quickly dispersed and Sera wasted no time scrambling to her feet, but a massive sword crashed down not even an arm's length away. Before her eyes one of the goblins split apart, organs and blood pushing themselves out like grotesque slugs. The only thing that stopped her trembling was the remaining goblin snarling and raising his weapon to her again. She was gone before he could swing, running past all of them, between two tables--the corner of one stained by a goblin's corpse--and off to the side, where she sat down and leaned against a table. There were no other goblins, or anyone else around save for the rifleman. Her head in her palm, Sera breathed deeply and tried to banish the sight of the bisected goblin from her thoughts. There weren't that many happy things she could think of, and every person she tried to think of suffered the same fate as the goblin.

Something dripped onto her lip. Withdrawing her hand, she saw the blood all over her glove. It was only then Sera felt the drops flowing down her cheek and dripping off her ear. Reaching slowly with a shaking hand, she wiped some off--more blood. Nothing had hurt her, there was no reason she would be bleeding, so it had to be...

Then she was doubled over behind the table, clutching her gut, heaving and retching nothing in between haphazard breaths. When it was over... "...Could you please try not to kill them if that's possible?!" She didn't mean to be that loud but it tore itself from her nonetheless, one last spasm.

Show

Sera and Luna withdraw to P21. Because of their withdrawl, the enemy can't AoO them.

Show
    Lady Seraphina Cieluce

AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 11, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
    Conditions

Luna
    AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 6, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
    Bite +4 (1d3-4, x2)
    Special Abilities
    -Low-light vision
    Conditions
    Spells Prepared

-L0- (unlimited casting)
    Detect Magic
    Daydream
    Luna's Guidance

-L1-
    Dream of the Giant
    Shadowsnare
    Shadow Armour

Durations

Dream of the Giant (1 minute, on Aurelius): 9/10 rounds
    Shadow Armour (1 hour, on herself): 598/600 rounds
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2014-05-09 at 02:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Though Izzy can tell nothing more about the goblins direction or plan of attack, she is all the more glaringly aware of the sounds of battle coming from the West, on the road past Sandpoint Garrison towards the Downtown, where the Festival's Bonfire was to be held. Clearly the goblins managed to infiltrate from several points past the town's walls and defenses, in a coordinated attack well beyond usual goblin strategy.

Izzy also sees Lucas, who had begun to depart even as Father Zantus used his thunderstone to draw all attention. He moves with a steady, effortless grace through the crowd on the far side of the cathedral square, past the picnic area, picking off a goblin who has clambered up onto one of the booths almost casually, causing the green menace to topple over with an arrow protruding from it's skull, dead even before it hits the ground. When another goblin sees this and rushes at the sandy-blonde youth, Lucas appears totally un-phased, and in one seamless movement, re-slings his bow and draws the longsword at his side, swinging it with both hands to knock aside the goblin's clumsy attack, the blade scything back towards it on his backswing to cleave through the wretch's upper torso.

All goblin eyes in the immediate vicinity though are on Aurelius, as thanks to his own physical prowess and Sera's spell, his blow obliterate's the goblin he had been advancing on in something of a disturbing and unintended display of gore, which is none the less impressive. The goblin next to him is still staring at the mess of remains of his cohort until Zelgiel's loosed arrow flies withing a haresbreadth of the top of his head, causing him to duck flat just in time to also avoid Cyarra's sword, quite by accident. The impish gobbo is back up in a flash though, swinging his dogslicer manically at Cyarra's armored figure, but having no more luck than could be expected.

The goblins on the stage have managed to build up something of a small blaze from the remains of the podium and are hopping about madly lighting more torches in what can only be a preparation set fire to the new Cathedral. Father Zantus gestures pleadingly at the assembled defenders through a gap in the crowd. "Please! Stop Them! Those sheltered inside the cathedral will not survive a blaze!"

Show
    Aurelius Kills Goblin 6
    Attack of Opportunity on Clive: (1d20+1)[19]; Damage (1d4+1)[5]
    Clive kills Goblin G4

Goblin 1 misses Cyarra
    Goblin 2 & 3 arm themselves with blazing torches even as the stage beneath them begins to catch fire.

Show

25. - Top - End - #55

"Ouch! You son of a dog-mating-whore!", Clive shouts after he is painfully hit by the goblin's dogslicer, a second before he pulled the trigger and the goblin's head exploded. I can tell you I certainly didn't miss this part of battle. ****.

After taking out the goblin next to him, he finally has a second to assess the situation. First thing he notices is the paladin who just helped him turned into a giant hulk. Wow. I'm glad that he's on my side. And who the hell is using magic here? All kinds of people in this year's festival I guess... The other man who defended him from an attack was by the paladin's side. Well, I'm sure they can handle that goblin... And Zelgiel was protecting someone...

Quote Originally Posted by LordHavelock View Post
    "Please! Stop Them! Those sheltered inside the cathedral will not survive a blaze!"
    Oh, Shiet. And here I was thinking they would learn from the first time and protect the holy-fracking-cathedral from fire. But no. And I'm the drunk in this town. C'mon, move those old legs.

"I'm coming Zanthus, hang in there!"

Clive starts to run to Mayor Deverin, and while he passes by the side of his new allies, he finds the time to ask: "Has anyone seen my son? Is he okay?", but he spends not a second by their side, and expects that anyone with an answer to his question will be kind enough to shout it at him.

He finally arrives at the mayor's side, and realizes that he's more hurt than he thought. If you can still walk, breath and shoot, then you're okay. Ready to start reloading the musket, he winks to Deverin and says "What's up, m'lady? Everything alrite? You wouldn't have just a bit of beer on you right now, would you?", he asks half-joking, half-serious. He knew he couldn't stop his hands from moving so he could get a bottle, but oh gods, the words he exchanged with his son still resonated in his head.

That would have to wait.

Show
    Move Action: Move to Z18
    Standard Action: Move to AC18, right next to the Mayor.

Spoiler: Clive
    Show
    Clive Boonie
    Male CG Human Gunslinger, Level 1, Init +4, HP 8/13, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Musket (Battered) (58 bullets) +5 (1d12, x4)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 12
    ConditionNone

(already subtracted 2 ammunition)
    Last edited by Melquiades; 2014-05-10 at 05:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

As the arrow whizzed by the goblins head, Cyarra cursed under her breath when her strike whiffed. Nobody's fault, but still. Her Tower Shield raised to deflect the goblins retaliation, the massive wall moved with practiced effort as the poor goblin didn't have much of a chance.

"...Could you please try not to kill them if that's possible?!"

As Cyarra looked up to see what provoked that kind of reaction, Sera was already long gone, causing her to blink for a moment in confusion. Aurelius however was standing there, caked in goblin blood making Cyarra shake her head and smirk.

"How about we kill them all, and then find a way to make it up to you... considering these goblins are trying to kill us all first. I bet-"

That voice was father Zantus.

"Please! Stop Them! Those sheltered inside the cathedral will not survive a blaze!"

Damn everything. Cyarra's eyes darted across the square, trying to find what put Zantus in such a panic. Unfortunately she found it fairly soon after, a pair of goblins raising some hell on a stage... and the good father was right, it was just beginning to set ablaze.

"Oh no."

Cyarra cleared her throat after the first wave of shock hit her, and then yelled as loudly as she could.

"I'm not as fast as you all decked out in all this armor. I'll fight this guy, you all go get the pyromaniac goblins on the stage!"

She swings her weapon at the crazed goblin, "This goblin alone is childs play, a out of control fire is NOT. Get THEM."

Show

Cyarra five foot steps in front of Aurelius to drive her "Get the Stage Goblins!" point home, and then attacks G1!
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+4)[10]

Spoiler: Stat Block
    Show

Female Archon-Blooded Aasimar (Lawbringers) Fighter (Tower Shield Specialist) 1LG Medium outsider (native)
    Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+5 armor, +4 shield, +2 Dex)
    hp 13 (1d10+3)
    Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
    Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 20 ft.
    Melee bastard sword +3 (1d10+4/19-20)
    Aasimar Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +2)
    . . 1/day—weapon of awe (DC 13)
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 12
    Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
    Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword), Saving Shield
    Traits bastard, monster hunter
    Skills Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (planes) +1, Sense Motive +4; Racial Modifiers +2 Intimidate, +2 Sense Motive
    Languages Celestial, Common
    Other Gear scale mail, tower shield, bastard sword, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, mess kit, pot, rope, soap, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 26 gp
    Last edited by Koryander; 2014-05-10 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Stat Block!

27. - Top - End - #57

RogueGuy

What is this?! Zelgiel wondered in disgust as his second arrow missed, And in front of the lady, too... Third time's the charm, right?

The half-elf drew a third arrow and took careful aim at the fool goblin...

Suddenly distracted, he looked towards Father Zantus. The priest was pointing at something on the other side of the wagon, and Boonie was looking in that direction. They were looking to the stage.

What? When did goblins get over there?

"I'm coming!"
    Zelgiel shouted across the square to Zantus.

He brushed past Izzy as he hurried a few paces north, so that he could see the goblins before quickly ducking back behind the wagon. Zelgiel pulled back on the bow string once again, then leaned around the wagon, taking aim at one of the flame-brandishing goblins.

Desna, this is for one of yours. Is it too much to ask for a bit of the 'other' kind of luck right now? Zelgiel prayed silently, bemusedly, then loosed his arrow.

Show
    Move to R11
    Attacking G2 with longbow:
    Attack - (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage - (1d8)[4]
    (Any chance, since I was behind the wagon and out of their line of sight, that this might be vs. Flat footed?)
    Stealth - (1d20+6)[7]

Rerolled, using a Hero Point: Reroll - (1d20+4)[15]
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-05-12 at 11:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Aurelius stares down at Cyarra and nods, turning his attention to the goblins on the stage. Though he had no idea who the woman was, she was dressed like a warrior and he was used to taking orders. From his time spent at sea, he knows how quickly fire can spread and what a serious concern it is. He takes off at a run, bounding towards the and getting ready to take on the remaining two goblins.

Father Zantus! Can you conjure water to stop the fire? I'll handle the goblins!"

Show
    Move Action: Run to AC12-AB13, losing Dex bonus to AC (doesn't matter, no Dex bonus to AC at the moment!)
    Standard Action: Attack G2 at AC10 (Large size = Reach 10!)
    Attack: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[14]

Full Round Action: Run to AC12-AB13, losing Dex bonus to AC (doesn't matter, no Dex bonus to AC at the moment!)

Spoiler: Statistics
    Show
    Aurelius Stormscale
    Male LG Human Paladin, Level 1, Init +2, HP 10/13, DR -, Speed 20 ft
    AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 1
    (Power Attack) Longsword (Two-Hands) +6(+5) (2d6+7(+10), 19-20/x2)
    Chainmail (+6 Armor, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 15
    Condition Enlarge Person, Bless
    Last edited by King Tius; 2014-05-10 at 10:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

If you’re talking about the man you were about to shoot, he’s over in the picnic area doing quite well for himself.

Izzy yells at the old man. As for herself she is no so certain, Izzy looks around for a third time, his time searching for something, anything to put to use as a weapon or to put out the fire. The crowds have retreated now, too far to grab something off of them. The mage who’s been fighting with them has a cloak, but there’s not enough time to try to grab it. If she doesn’t do something quickly the fire will spread and it will be even harder to extinguish. If Father Zantus hadn’t already put it out, did that mean that he couldn’t? Certainly he was close enough to do so if he had prayed for that power in the morning. But no, who would pray for that on the day of a festival.

Zegleil has a cloak as well and the priestess might be able to grab it as she runs past. Surely he would forgive her for it; the cloak would be going to a good cause. On the other hand if it’s fastened as securely as Izzy guesses she could strangle him trying to take it off him. She almost laughs despite the stress of battle at the mental image of her dragging a half strangled Zeg behind her as she runs to the fire. No that won’t do. The only thing Izzy really has on hand is her own clothes and that’s not an option.

Data est mihi, per solam fidem, et committo me est sola fides

The ancient Taldane still feels strange and yet comforting in her head,

By faith alone I am granted these gifts and it is to faith alone that I commit myself”
    My Lady I know that you have already given me far more than I asked for. Far more than I deserve. But please gran me one more prayer in your name and the names of those in that church!
    “Domina mi, scio quod me non datur, ac multo magis quam postulavi merui. Fac me unum etiam miraculum, et in nomine tuo, quod nomina in ecclesia

Izzy prays as she runs alternating between the familiar informal Varisian and the formal ritual Taldane. She hopes that Desna will hear one of them but also remembers that the gods help those who help themselves. Desna has already given her priestess swift feet, it is Izzy’s responsibility to put them to good use.

Izzy still can’t reach the fire in time, but at the moment when her legs begin to give out she feels a faint swelling of power inside her and strikes with it. Not at the goblins but the flames themselves. A soft rain falls out of nowhere onto the fire and Izzy nearly falls to her knees with a mixture of gratefulness, relief and exhaustion.

Show
    Move to W11
    Spend hero point to switch out Read Magic for Create Water
    Cast Create Water above the fire

30. - Top - End - #60

BlueWizardGirl

"Why did I come here? To this festival, to this town? Why didn't I stay at the inn?"

"You waste your time on regrets. You made your choice. See it through to the end."

Just before Sera could reply, she heard the desperate call to stop the goblins from burning the cathedral. Turning immediately, she gasped at the sight of the fire. "No!" All those people, trapped behind the stone walls as the fires closed in; they couldn't let that happen.

"'Someone might be in trouble'. They are. Will you help them, or will you cower here at the sight of a little blood?"

Sera glared at her. It was far from a little blood, but Luna was right nonetheless. She had to try, at least.

The others seemed preoccupied with the remaining goblins. She could run to the fire and smother it with her cloak. If she went around the back of the wagon she could keep the dead bodies out of her sight and possibly escape the remaining goblins' notice, but it would still leave her exposed. Those things could much more easily than she could in a robe. What if she asked Luna to carry her cloak to the fire and drop it from above? But even if Luna could do that, they still had their torches. A single torch could set the doors and who knew what else inside on fire, and they could throw them at Luna; she couldn't endanger her like that.

...Or someone else could take care of it, conjuring rain to douse the flames. That still left the goblins themselves. "Very well."

With that, she ran off, moving around the square, placing her hands at the side of her face to hide the bodies. Reaching the other side of the wagon, she stopped upon seeing someone else was there with her. A woman she'd never seen before, kneeling and looking very clearly exhausted. "Excuse me, are you alright?" Ahead, the goblins seemed completely engrossed in their tending to the fire. Perhaps they could take them by surprise...

While Sera watched the goblins, Luna lifted from her shoulder and rose a short ways above the square. From there she looked all around for anything even remotely threatening, goblin or otherwise.

Show

Sera moves to U11. Luna ascends 15' and makes a Perception check to determine if there are any other goblins or other threats in the area.

Perception: (1d20+9)[28]

Show
    Lady Seraphina Cieluce

AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 11, Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
    CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 0, Dark Gifts 1
    Conditions

Luna
    AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 6, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
    CMB -6, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Bite +4 (1d3-4, x2)
    Special Abilities
    -Low-light vision
    Conditions
    Spells Prepared

-L0- (unlimited casting)
    Detect Magic
    Daydream
    Luna's Guidance

-L1-
    Dream of the Giant
    Shadowsnare
    Shadow Armour

Durations

Dream of the Giant (1 minute, on Aurelius): 8/10 rounds
    Shadow Armour (1 hour, on herself): 597/600 rounds
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2014-05-12 at 09:08 PM.