New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVIII

The Hoplite doesn't even bother turning his head as replies to the tempestuous pixie.
    You and I both know that there is a difference between a baby and a vampire. A baby is influenced towards good or evil by the people around it, those who teach and influence it. A vampire is automatically designed to rend and kill. There are the few exceptions, but one out of a million is not enough for a strong argument.
    It's like a alcoholic saying that he can keep driving because he hasn't hurt anyone yet while driving drunk, and he doesn't even want to hurt people.
    Everyone knows that if he continues on with this lifestyle, people will die, including himself.
    You are danger.
    I'm sorry.
    We can't just let you be because as a vampire, you could ruin yourself and others. As a living being, as a sober man, you can save lives.

You wouldn't fault an officer of the law pulling over a drunk on the road, would you?
    What we are doing is almost the exact same thing.

You've gotta admit. He has a point.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha looks to Hawthorn.

But an officer doesn't shoot the guy for being drunk, does he? That's why, instead of immediately just killing every vampire out there, you should try to help them. Guide them.

She turns back to Shoyler.

I probably will take you up on this, but give me a little time to think it over, okay? The whole pain part doesn't sound too good, so I wanna think about it first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Noelle rolls her eyes at the Hoplite and says, "We are not 'designed to kill', you dip****. What we have is a gift, and it's something we can give to others. I am incapable of killing someone via blood loss, and I have no control over them once they are reborn." She then grins, baring her fangs at him, and continuing, "You have nothing to fear from me. I wouldn't dare turn you, not after what happened with your captain." She then draws back a fist and tries to punch him as she says, "And that's for calling me a whore, jackass."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

She turns back to Shoyler.

I probably will take you up on this, but give me a little time to think it over, okay? The wrafe pain part doesn't sound too good, so I wanna think about it first.
    He nods to her, a silent acceptance before speaking. That's fine. I trust you. You're not as far gone as most. Which is good, very good. Meet me back here when you want to change. I'll let you leave. But if you don't come back... I'll have to respond suitably. He smiles before Noelle's harsh words wipe the kindly smile from his face.

As she aims a punch, attacking the hunters, Shoyler throws off the tattered black cloak, the large cloth falling behind him, revealing his polished silver armor, the layers of magical metal, thick leather, and enchanted cloth glowing as the hand of Kelemvor radiates holy energy, aiming to push the vampires back. Should their skin approach the aura, they'd begin to burn away.

Shoyler shouts, his voice mighty and intimidating as his light covers the inn. BACK AWAY. I gave you a choice! And you betray my good will?

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Feel free to recruit more people with MERC licenses if you like. I'd even suggest that considering the task, but otherwise you're on your own." Dena replies.
    Understood sir. Anyone you'd recommend for this mission, sir, and would either of you two be willing to accompany me?
    Sophia inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Anything to drink, Angie?" The bartender asks, eyes still on the confrontation between the vampires and the hunters.
    "Hey, Noelle, you might want to not provoke them? Just a thought?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    PipBoy Discussion

"There's a few buttons, but yeah. It's mostly touch screen, with a sliding door thing so it's not damaged when it's not in use." I'm sure I've seen images of a PipBoy with such a thing, and if not then it should have one to help protect it from dust, rain, and bullets.

Skin-Stealer & Certain Scholar

"Yes, I want to be cured. I don't want to be anywhere near that fight, should it happen. He's a priest; quite powerful, too, or maybe his deity just hates vampires more than most. Let's go." She should be safe enough, so long as she doesn't get directly involved. Her skin provides a barrier to divine energy, protecting her very vulnerable flesh from stray divine magic. She could even walk through a consecrated graveyard, though the ground would glow and it would be quite disorientating. And if her skin gets damaged and enough divine energy gets in, it's all over for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Krayger inspects the thing shown to him, and does a bit of a shrug again.
    "Touch screens are usually decent if you can make the 'buttons' larger. Else they're often worse than normal buttons. I wouldn't mind givin' it a shot, so it's really up to you if you think it'll all work fine for me."

((Also, for Zefir and co., Jace is one of my only PC's with a Directory post. You can find his description there.))
    Touch screen? No touchscreen.Scroll wheel and physical buttons.

"If we size it right, it'd be nothing but a net gain," Justin says. "Buuuut there is a slight hitch I should warn you about. Difficult to get off."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

The pixie flies back sharply and mutters a spell. Dark, leafy tendrils (attempt to) wrap around Shoyler and the Hoplite's legs. On touch, they make the humans'(?) body temperature drop sharply. The thorns bite into their ankles and start draining blood.
    Meanwhile, the pixie conjures several copies of herself, attempting to distract attention from her real self.

El, dos racist zatoasten!
    They all shout this in unison.
    I used to be Dark Elf Bard

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

Silly, silly Mustardseed...
    Vines burn in the presence of holy fire. Did you forget about Shoyler's magic shield.
    The vines don't even close, and even if there wasn't a shield, Hawthorn is in between his master and the volatile undead. At a lazy flick of the Mourning Hoplite's wrist, Hawthorn rushes forward with surprising speed, the five foot golem unhindered by any more vines which may try to latch on to it.
    The magical wooden construct will leap into the air in attempt to grab the pixie, but not kill it. If Noelle interferes, the golem while use it's stake-like fingers to defend itself, aiming to impale her heart.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Alysha's eyes widen as she sees the beginning of a fight. Something she does not want. She quickly swings her Keyblade to point at the area between Shoyler and Noelle before giving a shout.

REFLECT!

Energy shoots from her weapon and forms a transparent barrier between the two of them. It should block most of the holy energy from Noelle, keeping it from harming her for a little while at least. There's not much she can do about the golem besides setting it on fire, but that probably won't go over well.

Stop it! Everybody! She glares at each of them, looking particularly mad, given her usual demeanor and current size.

Fighting is not going to help anything, so it needs to stop. Now. She keeps both hands on her Keyblade as she waits for everybody to back down. Only then will she lower the barrier.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Noelle sighs as her hands bounce off the barrier, and says, "Fine. Whatever. All I tried to do is punch him for calling me a rude name, and then everyone overreacts."

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Understood sir. Anyone you'd recommend for this mission, sir, and would either of you two be willing to accompany me?
    Sophia inquires.
    "I'm pretty busy at the moment though you'd likely want someone who is good at dealing with larger groups. I also heard that a lot of those monsters fly so that's a concern you might want to consider. Still, if you like to prove yourself worthy you gotta take charge if ya know what I'm saying? Gotta take the bull by the horns if you want to be consider a MERC member and make the old man proud." Dena replies. "If you can recruit and lead a group of people like this on your own to success, well that's almost lieutenant material right there."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha's eyes widen as she sees the beginning of a fight. Something she does not want. She quickly swings her Keyblade to point at the area between Shoyler and Noelle before giving a shout.

REFLECT!

Energy shoots from her weapon and forms a transparent barrier between the two of them. It should block most of the holy energy from Noelle, keeping it from harming her for a little while at least. There's not much she can do about the golem besides setting it on fire, but that probably won't go over well.

Stop it! Everybody! She glares at each of them, looking particularly mad, given her usual demeanor and current size.

Fighting is not going to help anything, so it needs to stop. Now. She keeps both hands on her Keyblade as she waits for everybody to back down. Only then will she lower the barrier.
    As Alysha shouts at everyone to stop Angie stops being so discreet about her mental manipulations. For a few brief seconds she will try to drain everyones aggression compleatly. Angie finds that this usually helps calm down a fight that is about to break out. Outwardly she gives no signs of being interested in the fight beyond a short glare shot over in their direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Anything to drink, Angie?" The bartender asks, eyes still on the confrontation between the vampires and the hunters.
    "Hey, Noelle, you might want to not provoke them? Just a thought?"
    Then Angie blinks looking at the bartender in surprise which she quickly tries to hide, definitly the look of someone trying to remember if they know the person talking to them. "Yeah sure I'll take a Haley's Liquer thanks." And then in her head she hears a dozen or so voices nagging her to eat more and she figures she should order some food to. "Could I get a Hero Sandwich as well?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Shoyler doesn't bother letting the shield of light fade, however he doesn't go for his weaponry. Perhaps a few seconds ago he would have, but since then the calming effect has relaxed him. Instead, the cleric shakes his head in disappointment, backing away slowly. I came here... With the sole intention to cure, not to harm. And you strike us?

When next we meet.... You'll find no mercy from us. Your kind will be hunted down into extinction. Know that you were the ones who struck first. Let that fester in your head, as your vampiric friends roast one by one. Know you started this.

May Kelemvor judge you kindly.
    With that, the cleric moves to leave, still shaking his head slowly.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [COLOR="#006400"]"That sounds strange. And in some way intressting. Someone who likes suprises might find this drink very entertaining. I assume the tea never tastes ba in it's much to sweet/bitter way?" Zefir asks. He is very curious about it, since he drinks much tea as well.
    "The taste has never been unpleasant to me," Iamar says. "Though I admit that I do not have the most refined taste in tea."

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    As Alysha shouts at everyone to stop Angie stops being so discreet about her mental manipulations. For a few brief seconds she will try to drain everyones aggression compleatly. Angie finds that this usually helps calm down a fight that is about to break out. Outwardly she gives no signs of being interested in the fight beyond a short glare shot over in their direction.

Then Angie blinks looking at the bartender in surprise which she quickly tries to hide, definitly the look of someone trying to remember if they know the person talking to them. "Yeah sure I'll take a Haley's Liquer thanks." And then in her head she hears a dozen or so voices nagging her to eat more and she figures she should order some food to. "Could I get a Hero Sandwich as well?"

Someone is trying to control your emotions. Fight it. Hold onto your anger. Hold on to your duty to them.

The requested drink and sandwich appear on the bar near Angie, prepared in a less turbulent bit of the timestream. The barmaid is shaking slightly, holding a hand to her head to quiet the voices, or pay more attention to them.
    We have a job to do. That one must die. Stay focused.
    The barmaid waves Angie aside, and reaches behind the bar for a weapon.
    The voice is right. Even if she's not angry, this is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Shoyler doesn't bother letting the shield of light fade, however he doesn't go for his weaponry. Perhaps a few seconds ago he would have, but since then the calming effect has relaxed him. Instead, the cleric shakes his head in disappointment, backing away slowly. I came here... With the sole intention to cure, not to harm. And you strike us?

When next we meet.... You'll find no mercy from us. Your kind will be hunted down into extinction. Know that you were the ones who struck first. Let that fester in your head, as your vampiric friends roast one by one. Know you started this.

May Kelemvor judge you kindly.
    With that, the cleric moves to leave, still shaking his head slowly.
    The bartender finds the weapon, and shoots in Shoyler's direction without really bothering to aim yet, sending a bolt of lightning flashing across the room.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

PipBoy Discussion

Huh. I always thought it was a touchscreen.

"If you decide you don't like it, come to GLoG. I've got a key to the mechanism. I found it in the lorry with all the PipBoys in." But forgot to mention it at the time, so this is likely news to Justin as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger raises an eyebrow. "Now you've got me curious. Are they really built without clear access to the latch mechanisms? Seems like a foolish idea to make such things so difficult to use unless they were actively expecting them to be commonly stolen."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "The taste has never been unpleasant to me," Iamar says. "Though I admit that I do not have the most refined taste in tea."
    "That's fine." C4 replies with a friendly smile. "Maybe we can taste some tea together? Well, I prefere black tea, but I'm open for new flavors."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #170

As Shoyler goes to leaves, Alysha let's out an exasperated sigh and lowers her Keyblade, causing the barrier to fade away. Things had officially gone very bad. She didn't want this at all.

And then comes the lightning.

Look out! Alysha cries out to Shoyler as she darts forward, trying to bring up another barrier to block the attack. She fears she might not get into position in time.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose clearing an army of monsters from a place is within my narrow area of expertise," Wenomir says. "Sure, why not. If you're willing to wait until we're done with that dungeon, and I might have some Watchtower business to attend to afterwards."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I suppose clearing an army of monsters from a place is within my narrow area of expertise," Wenomir says. "Sure, why not. If you're willing to wait until we're done with that dungeon, and I might have some Watchtower business to attend to afterwards."
    Sophia nods.
    Unless the job is too time-sensitive, I can wait.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia nods.
    Unless the job is too time-sensitive, I can wait.
    "It can wait as far as I concerned. Just don't wait too long though, gotta be done this month. Deadlines and all." Dena shrugs. Gotta be professional though.

24. - Top - End - #174

[Previously]

Ashna nods to Mr. C. "I have seen him here before. He's had some long conversations, and handed out a card with his information, but I never got more than a glance at it. I could let you know if he shows up again, and he was talking to an angel last time that I saw him. The mage's organization down by the bay might also know where he is."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Previously]

Ashna nods to Mr. C. "I have seen him here before. He's had some long conversations, and handed out a card with his information, but I never got more than a glance at it. I could let you know if he shows up again, and he was talking to an angel last time that I saw him. The mage's organization down by the bay might also know where he is."
    Leo will let Mr. C make the final call on the plan of action, but Ashna's information raises his spirits regardless. "There, see," he tells his tiny companion. "Didn't I tell you it was worth a shot? You have my thanks, sir; this information will prove quite helpful, I'm sure."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll be in touch once I'm ready, then," Wenomir says. "For now, there's another job to do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #177

Alright, I shall report to you when I have enough allies to take on the contract, sir.
    With that, Sophia salutes Dena in the same way as before, and exits Trog's Tavern swiftly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

As the golem grabs Mustardseed, she squirms uncomfortably and attempts to distract him by pointing towards Shoyler.

Leggo! Follow that asshat!
    I used to be Dark Elf Bard

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Noelle, annoyed by this turn of events, tries to pick up Hawthorne. If she's successful, she'll then try to free Mustardseed from it's grip, and throw it at it's owner.

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Krayger raises an eyebrow. "Now you've got me curious. Are they really built without clear access to the latch mechanisms? Seems like a foolish idea to make such things so difficult to use unless they were actively expecting them to be commonly stolen."
    "Theoretically, the biometric seal is necessary to get as accurate a sense of your physical well being as it does." Justin says, using his writer's ass-pull off an explanation. Perry believable though, huh? "The thing can immediately detect poison in your system, it can tell you when a limb is at a breaking point, it can tell you when booze is wearing off," he counts off on his fingers. "Without anything injected into your skin. Biometric lock? Super worth it."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters