New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community W-B Game VI: Salt, Spies and Everything Dyes!

Have fun Morph & Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I don't normally like jpegs but it seems they have a purpose after all.

I did try to include all the flags as well, but I couldn't get the SVGs to open in any of my image editors and eventually my patience ran sufficiently thin I left them out. Krepida and Celero also suffered from that. The Jewelled Cities, Wenyavuk and Niskovia have the flags included, since the first two were a usable format and Niskovia's is simple enough I could just draw it myself fairly quickly.

The two factions that really stumped me for determining the appropriate style were Fera and Pryonia, since neither of them have ever been described as anything but the name itself. In the end I went with "Empire of Fera" given the title of Kaiser, and "Realm of Pryonia". I figured that's what a herald would eventually do after exhausting his research options.

I need to make some edits anyway (for instance, the first half of the entries don't include "the" in the style, and the second half do, and some of the punctuation formatting is messed up) so I'm happy to incorporate or change stuff if necessary.
    Apparently.

I didn't mean to sound too whiny at you directly. More that SVGs are quite frustrating. Grr.

Well, you have my flag now too. It's not amazing, but hey.
    Spoiler: Flag!
    Show

EDIT - I had wanted a coppery brown, but the flag designer only had flag colours. I then decided to see what my flag looked like black with white symbol and liked it better. It... does not stand out very much in the dark to people who are not nocturnal, but that's not really a problem for Haljans I guess.

EDIT - Just... Kinda a ftr, and this form of the flag probably exists somewhere.

Well, if it's from the perspective of the herald that's totes cool and appropriate. I'll cross my fingers that it doesn't catch on IC without good reason or OOC.

The only people of Fera who bother with any sort of hierarchy or heraldry are the Orthyknin, so simply a flag for Fera would be great, thank you. I've eventually decided on not a crest for... obscure cultural reasons. /totally didn't just say that to pester Kitsanth

EDIT - Your heraldry thing brings up a good point. Is the Heartwaste the Heartwaste Kingdom thing or still called the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-06-27 at 09:48 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think you called me Mularuhm Aedilred

Also, Jeriah clear your inbox!

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright folks, here's the new thread!

Enjoy!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Alright folks, here's the new thread!

Enjoy!
    I was away the entire day, so I reserved a post at the bottom of the thread, still within the GM part.
    Also, Morph and I will be gone for the entire weekend on a LARP event, so we can't reply or post until monday.

Have a nice weekend all of you!

Way
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated