New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto VII: I see your God and raise you 2 time traveling spirits

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't like how the dreams were dealt with. All the one panel dreams just made the lack of growth even more obvious. It was basically "I want Naruto", "I want boys", "I want to eat!", "I'm lazy" or "I like dogs" and that sort of stuff. Rather we had less dreams but develop those that we see more. Use it as a chance to show that they are more than just the one liner flat jokes we saw...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

...wut?

Spoiler
    Show
    that Gaara scene though...it got to me.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Most recent chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Black Zetsu just pulled a Gin on the Madara/Aizen. I think it is going to end up better for Black Zetsu then it ended up for Gin.

In hindsight this makes perfect sense, Madara is a reincarnation of the elder brother Indra. How can Sasuke who is also Indra triumph over his own reincarnation? Well by some outside force eliminating the distinction between the two different reincarnations. By Black Zetsu defeating Madara we no longer have the conflict between Sasuke and Madara.

So now that Spiral Zetsu is unbonded to Yamato, what do you want to bet that Spiral Zetsu, White Zetsu, and Black Zetsu will now all bond together...combine with the Zetsu getting all three eyes and we will have Kaguya be reborn. Zetsu only shows himself now for the third eye only now reawakened.

-------

We now have an indication on why the Naka Shrine makes no sense. The Sage of the Six Paths said he made the stone monument in the Naka Shrine to prevent the reintroduction of the Rinnegan into the world, through the mixing of genes. Yet to actually read the stone monument you have to have the Rinnegan, which requires the MS, which requires the Sharingan, etc. Before hand it made no sense on why a warning that is supposed to discourage the creation of the Rinnegan actually need the Rinnegan to see.

Now if it is revealed that Kaguya is actually behind the Stone Monument in the Naka Shrine and that the Sage of the Six Paths being behind the Stone Monument is revealed to be buckus lie, then the Stone Monument becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. The people that could actually unlock Kaguya could read the stone monument, and like an instruction manual you can only read the next step until you unlock the next step in releasing the Rinnegan.

The Sage of the Six Paths on the other hand is gladly diluting his power, separating himself into thousands of bits so thus it becomes hard to reassemble the puzzle that is his mother.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Most recent chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    So now that Spiral Zetsu is unbonded to Yamato, what do you want to bet that Spiral Zetsu, White Zetsu, and Black Zetsu will now all bond together...combine with the Zetsu getting all three eyes and we will have Kaguya be reborn. Zetsu only shows himself now for the third eye only now reawakened.
    Huh?
    Spoiler
    Show

What white Zetsu? The white Zetsus are a huge army of identical things, and "Spiral Zetsu" is just one instance of them... Not saying all Zetsu's merging into one massive giant Zetsu wouldn't be kind of awesome (though, even more if it also meant Naruto suddenly summons a giant mecha) but I don't quite see where you're coming from...

Also, I might be misremembering but when was there an instruction on how not to get the Rinnegan that could only be read with the Rinnegan?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    And thus we add another link in the chain of bad guy betrayals. How many does that make in this series so far?
    You didn't really expect us to count, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This does however beg the question ,why Naruto-villains team up at all. Typical Overlord Syndrome? (He betrayed other people, yes, but me? Never...)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Actually, I like the newest plot twist, though I did kind of see it coming, just not
    Spoiler
    Show
    with Black Zetsu being the conduit. I figured Kaguya was going to emerge from the Tree itself. Dislike Sasukes continued arrogance and telling people to shut up, just further cements my opinion(and obviously many others) that the moment Kaguya is defeated, that it's going to come down to a major brawl between Naruto and Sasuke, the absolute Final Fight. I don't see the power of friendship solving this one to be honest.

Also, I guess Hinata wasn't in any sort of way resistant to the Infinite Tsukiyomi after all. I wonder about Gaara though. They devoted an awful lot of page space to his, gotta wonder why. Anyone else notice how Naruto seems to feature prominently in the majority of the others fantasies?
    Spoiler
    Show

I hate that Kaguya betrayed him, at least at this juncture. Madara went undefeated by our heroes and now we have AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL EVIL OOOH MAN. I can't hold all my excitements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wait, that needed confirmation? Not that I didn't like it, though.
    It was never completely confirmed, so having it confirmed is pretty cool.

Also Yamato got ate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    And thus we add another link in the chain of bad guy betrayals. How many does that make in this series so far?
    Spoiler
    Show
    TOO MANY.

Also, a note about the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madara says that the genjutsu will spread to everyone, regardless of where they are. The moon doesn't have to be up to get them.

So how are Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura not effected?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also, a note about the chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madara says that the genjutsu will spread to everyone, regardless of where they are. The moon doesn't have to be up to get them.
    That one is the easy one.

First time using the tech, he didn't actually know what would happen. Just guesstimated it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the main plot thread was shakey, so let me talk about the dreams.

Ino's was silly, but believable. Also, her dad is still alive in it.
    Tenten's was silly, but notice Neji's in it? And Gai is healthy?
    Shino's is what you'd expect. Though...does that critter remind anyone else of Battra from the Godzilla movies?
    Chouji's is funny. He just wants food and some lovin!
    Kiba's is typical.
    Lee's is hilarious. Also, living Neji.
    Hinata's is cute. Also, living Neji.
    Shikamaru's is...bittersweet. He's seeing a couple of guys getting nagged by wives while the lady he's sweet on says "yeah marriage is for suckers". But those 2 guys are his dad and Asuma. Who are both dead.
    Mei's amuses me. Is that Ao she's marrying?
    Tsunade's dream pulls so many heartstrings. Dan, Nawaki, Jiraiya. All dead. Orochimaru, an amoral traior. So she dreams they're all alive and living happily together.
    Oh geez, Gaara....FEELS. He wants to be a kid. With his mom and dad alive. And playing happily with his family and his best friend, Naruto.

So, you know what? Those 2 dream scenes, and the more bittersweet undercurrents of several others (by way of featuring dead characters living normally with the people who care about them), mostly redeem this chapter for me. Tsunade and Gaara's scenes got me feeling a bit emotional, so kudos to the author there.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So how are Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura not effected?
    Pardon the length of the answer, but I will try to explain the answer to your question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The light of the Ten Tail's Rinnegan is not really light at all, and thus it is not limited to properties of light, like darkness stopping light. It is also not limited to things such as solid matter stopping light thus when Madara cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi it went everyone on the planet at once, even though the core of the crust of the planet. We found this information out in the last week chapter when we found out that Tsukuyomi works even in darkness and blind people.

The reason why the moon was important to the moon eye plan, was it was a single thing that Madara could focus on when his Ten Tail's Rinnegan unlocked itself and then cast Infinite Tsukuyomi. By being able to focus on a single thing Madara could do the steps necessary to perform the jutsu.

This is similar to how with the Mangekyou Sharingan you need to focus and look at something to affect it. Kamui will target whatever you are focused on and teleport it to another dimension, Amaterasu will burn whatever you are focusing on, Normal Tsukuyomi will place you in an alternate mental dimension if you establish eye contact.

Now using eye doujutsu is not the only way to perform genjutsu which is a type of yin technique. Other transmission methods work such as touch, smell, and sound. Itachi sealing sword and Izanami were touch based genjutsus. The Mizukage clam's mirage based genjutsu worked on smell. Sound four Tayuya and Jiraya Sage genjutsu worked on sound. With genjutsu you use yin chakra and a transmission method to have your chakra influence someone else's chakra.

-----

Now to perform Infinte Tsukyomi you need two things the Rinnegan and the Ten Tails Chakra. You can always perform a lesser version of it if you have a lesser form of the Rinnegan and the Ten Tails Chakra. For example Mangekyou Sharingan is able to perform Tsukuyomi, and a Sharingan is able to use Genjutsu. The Rinnegan is merely a creator of the transmission method.

The Ten Tails Chakra on the other hand is the thing that allows you to merge Yin and Yang, and allow you complete control over the dream like world. Old Madara was able to cast a limited version of Infinite Tsukyomi while being connected to Demonic Statue of the Outer Path and using a normal sharingan. In the semi canon but not really canon Naruto Road to the Ninja movie, Obito cast a limited version of Tsukyomi on Naruto and Sakura and in that fantasy world they saw a different possibility of events.

-----

Sasuke's Susanoo is a being composed of pure Yin and is able to block the transmission method of the Infinite Tsukyomi. He is able to do this for he has the Rinnegan and thus has such a high Yin manipulation that he is able to block the transmission. This operates on the same principle as breaking genjutsu which is called Genjutsu Dissipation. You first need to wait for the Genjutsu to be over or somehow block the flow of the transmission method, you then need to apply your own Chakra and overpower the other person's chakra.

-----

One last thing that is important but I couldn't figure out where to put in the thing above is hand seals. Hand Seals are not necessary to perform any form of technique, they just make it a whole lot easier to do so. Hand Seals make it easier to knead the chakra in the correct way to perform the ninjutsu, put another way hands seals are a focusing method. Advanced ninja besides being able to move faster and thus be able to perform hand seals faster are also able to perform complex techniques in less hand seals than inexperienced ninja. Some ninja are able to perform hand seals with only 1 hand. Eventually people with doujutsu such as the sharingan and byakugan are able to use those abilities without the use of hand seals.

The sharingan is different for it is the copy eye wheel. With it you are not just watching the hands signs of someone, but also seeing the chakra flows of a person. Anyone can copy hand signs, but unless you knead the chakra correctly you won't perform the jutsu. The sharingan is a mental disorder similar to a photographic memory, it is easier for a person with a sharingan to perform a jutsu for it has a photographic memory that remembers how the chakra was kneaded and thus is able to replicate the process.

Madara needed the moon to perform Infinite Tsukuyomi because it is a very demanding Genjutsu and it is hard to perform, he is almost a perfect Shinju Jinchūriki having absorbed the almost pure forms of the nine tail beasts as well as the Shinju tree itself, and possessing two unlocked rinnegan, so while the jutsu is hard to perform he is able to cast Infinite Tsukuyomi very quickly. Obito on the other hand was not a perfect Shinju Jinchuuriki and only possessed one rinnegan which he didn't even unlock and thus the jutsu took much longer to perform and was in the end never activated, that is why we had the time period waiting for the Shinju tree to bloom and release its eye.

In the end I bet it is going to be a race to the finish, how quickly team 7 can defeat Kaguya for I bet the jutsu has a time limit, like a massive Shinra Tensai, and how fast team 7 can defeat Kaguya. Eventually Kaguya can recast Infinite Tsukoyomi and while that jutsu can't affect Sasuke it can affect the rest of team 7. One on one, Kaguya is stronger than Sasuke and thus he will go down. Give Sasuke enough time by neutralizing Kaguya and he can use his own Rinnegan to dispel the genjutsu.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Pardon the length of the answer, but I will try to explain the answer to your question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The light of the Ten Tail's Rinnegan is not really light at all, and thus it is not limited to properties of light, like darkness stopping light. It is also not limited to things such as solid matter stopping light thus when Madara cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi it went everyone on the planet at once, even though the core of the crust of the planet. We found this information out in the last week chapter when we found out that Tsukuyomi works even in darkness and blind people.

The reason why the moon was important to the moon eye plan, was it was a single thing that Madara could focus on when his Ten Tail's Rinnegan unlocked itself and then cast Infinite Tsukuyomi. By being able to focus on a single thing Madara could do the steps necessary to perform the jutsu.

This is similar to how with the Mangekyou Sharingan you need to focus and look at something to affect it. Kamui will target whatever you are focused on and teleport it to another dimension, Amaterasu will burn whatever you are focusing on, Normal Tsukuyomi will place you in an alternate mental dimension if you establish eye contact.

Now using eye doujutsu is not the only way to perform genjutsu which is a type of yin technique. Other transmission methods work such as touch, smell, and sound. Itachi sealing sword and Izanami were touch based genjutsus. The Mizukage clam's mirage based genjutsu worked on smell. Sound four Tayuya and Jiraya Sage genjutsu worked on sound. With genjutsu you use yin chakra and a transmission method to have your chakra influence someone else's chakra.

-----

Now to perform Infinte Tsukyomi you need two things the Rinnegan and the Ten Tails Chakra. You can always perform a lesser version of it if you have a lesser form of the Rinnegan and the Ten Tails Chakra. For example Mangekyou Sharingan is able to perform Tsukuyomi, and a Sharingan is able to use Genjutsu. The Rinnegan is merely a creator of the transmission method.

The Ten Tails Chakra on the other hand is the thing that allows you to merge Yin and Yang, and allow you complete control over the dream like world. Old Madara was able to cast a limited version of Infinite Tsukyomi while being connected to Demonic Statue of the Outer Path and using a normal sharingan. In the semi canon but not really canon Naruto Road to the Ninja movie, Obito cast a limited version of Tsukyomi on Naruto and Sakura and in that fantasy world they saw a different possibility of events.

-----

Sasuke's Susanoo is a being composed of pure Yin and is able to block the transmission method of the Infinite Tsukyomi. He is able to do this for he has the Rinnegan and thus has such a high Yin manipulation that he is able to block the transmission. This operates on the same principle as breaking genjutsu which is called Genjutsu Dissipation. You first need to wait for the Genjutsu to be over or somehow block the flow of the transmission method, you then need to apply your own Chakra and overpower the other person's chakra.

-----

One last thing that is important but I couldn't figure out where to put in the thing above is hand seals. Hand Seals are not necessary to perform any form of technique, they just make it a whole lot easier to do so. Hand Seals make it easier to knead the chakra in the correct way to perform the ninjutsu, put another way hands seals are a focusing method. Advanced ninja besides being able to move faster and thus be able to perform hand seals faster are also able to perform complex techniques in less hand seals than inexperienced ninja. Some ninja are able to perform hand seals with only 1 hand. Eventually people with doujutsu such as the sharingan and byakugan are able to use those abilities without the use of hand seals.

The sharingan is different for it is the copy eye wheel. With it you are not just watching the hands signs of someone, but also seeing the chakra flows of a person. Anyone can copy hand signs, but unless you knead the chakra correctly you won't perform the jutsu. The sharingan is a mental disorder similar to a photographic memory, it is easier for a person with a sharingan to perform a jutsu for it has a photographic memory that remembers how the chakra was kneaded and thus is able to replicate the process.

Madara needed the moon to perform Infinite Tsukuyomi because it is a very demanding Genjutsu and it is hard to perform, he is almost a perfect Shinju Jinchūriki having absorbed the almost pure forms of the nine tail beasts as well as the Shinju tree itself, and possessing two unlocked rinnegan, so while the jutsu is hard to perform he is able to cast Infinite Tsukuyomi very quickly. Obito on the other hand was not a perfect Shinju Jinchuuriki and only possessed one rinnegan which he didn't even unlock and thus the jutsu took much longer to perform and was in the end never activated, that is why we had the time period waiting for the Shinju tree to bloom and release its eye.

In the end I bet it is going to be a race to the finish, how quickly team 7 can defeat Kaguya for I bet the jutsu has a time limit, like a massive Shinra Tensai, and how fast team 7 can defeat Kaguya. Eventually Kaguya can recast Infinite Tsukoyomi and while that jutsu can't affect Sasuke it can affect the rest of team 7. One on one, Kaguya is stronger than Sasuke and thus he will go down. Give Sasuke enough time by neutralizing Kaguya and he can use his own Rinnegan to dispel the genjutsu.
    Ah. Okay.

Also, the dreams are good. The only thing I didn't like was
    Spoiler
    Show
    why did Rock Lee beat up Neiji for Sakura's affections? That doesn't make sense.

Also, Ten Ten. Ten Ten's dream is the best, comedy wise. She just...she doesn't want to be the straight man surrounded by idiots. She just wants to not have to be surrounded by crazy people. It's kind of hilarious.

I don't give a crap about the female kage who wants to get married, it's not a funny joke that doesn't work in English. Tsunade and Gaara's dreams hit home though.

11. - Top - End - #161

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't give a crap about the female kage who wants to get married, it's not a funny joke that doesn't work in English. Tsunade and Gaara's dreams hit home though.
    It does lose it's joke quality when you think about being in your late 30's, and having seen others in your age group getting paired, married, having kids...all the while being stuck following in the sidelines, alone.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2014-05-28 at 11:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Okay.

Also, the dreams are good. The only thing I didn't like was
    Spoiler
    Show
    why did Rock Lee beat up Neiji for Sakura's affections? That doesn't make sense.

Also, Ten Ten. Ten Ten's dream is the best, comedy wise. She just...she doesn't want to be the straight man surrounded by idiots. She just wants to not have to be surrounded by crazy people. It's kind of hilarious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rock Lee saw Neji as his rival for years, so it's probably just that and doesn't have anything to do with Sakura.

Who is even that guy who's with the Mizukage in her dream? I don't remember seeing him before.

I would've been more interested in Onoki's and A's dreams.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rock Lee saw Neji as his rival for years, so it's probably just that and doesn't have anything to do with Sakura.

Who is even that guy who's with the Mizukage in her dream? I don't remember seeing him before.

I would've been more interested in Onoki's and A's dreams.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mizukage was marrying her servant who she always torments by saying "DID YOU MENTION MARRIAAAAGE" because of comedy jokes about women

I'd love to see A and Onoki's dream. Or Killer Bee's.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    want to SWORD FIGHT? craft a sword thats faster than the katana and name it the Ninja-To then defeat any samurai with it!
    Battle worthy swords don't have relevantly different speeds and Ninja-to were invented in the 20th century. They're probably based off older cheap swords that Ninja and Ashigaru might have used but the rich and well equipped Ninja would have a katana (because a high ranked Ninja is just a Samurai with Ninja training anyway).

If a Ninja wants to win a sword fight he'll get the guy drunk first or gang up on him.

Or just train really hard because its not like knowing Ninjutsu means you have to be a Ninja in every situation.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2014-05-28 at 01:57 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, I don't care for the serious dreams. Kishi hasn't really been able to make me care for anyone in forever and I'd rather he makes me laugh than tries to make me care and fails... And neither Gaara nor Tsunade really worked for me. The best about them was Jiraya, so...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Could the infinite tsukyomi and edo tensai be related. We learned earlier that if you realize your dream while you are edo tensai you will move from the impure world to the pure world, I wouldn't be surprised if this is connected to why the edo tensai are unaffected by infinite tsukyomi.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So, I've been thinking about what bothered me about what happened to Naruto, overall, as soon as Zombie!Madara showed up, and the stuff after that.

And I figured it out, in the analogy of RPG systems! Now, please keep in mind these aren't meant to be an exact translation, but more an example of the systems that I think fit the general level of fighting power, prowess, destructive ability, and so on.

-So, the original run of Naruto? It was like a game using Pathfinder RPG, where everyone gets extra feats, stat points, and awesome races/templates. Even the powerful guys are still not stupid-powerful (Orochimaru, the Sannin, even Itachi and Kisame).
    -Shippuden? That's higher-level Pathfinder, with the Mythic ruleset added in. More powerful, and higher up you get some kind of ridiculous stuff. But, I mean, Kakashi, Choza, and Chouji could still at least threaten Pain. Jiraiya could probably have taken all 6 Pains out if he'd known how all their powers worked. And again, bloodline stuff could be explained as race/template stuff.
    This one gets stretched as things go on, but I personally think you could say it applies even up to right before Madara shows up. All the zombies are just an extra template (zombie ninja) layered on their previous stuff.
    -And then Madara shows up, and reveals that, lolololol, he's built with the Exalted ruleset.
    Hashirama reveals the same thing when he pulls out Sage Mode and conjures up a wooden statue the size of a mountain with a thousand punching hands!
    Naruto and Sasuke are stuck at "only" maxed-out Mythic Pathfinder until the spirit of the Sage of Six Paths shows up and hands them a Solar (Naruto) and...hm, probably a Lunar (Sasuke) Exaltation, which they somehow push to like 1-2 Essence below Madara.
    Meanwhile beyond those 4, everyone else is stuck on the other rule system and is all "wait we still can't juggle planets on our bouncing pectoral muscles, guys".
    Too my mind, the moment the series started going downhill was when the mangekyo got its powers revealed. And not even all of them. Lets face it, basic sharingan is already hax in this setting. It lets you copy any nonbloodline jutsu you see, it lets you see through illusions, and it lets you see what your opponent will do before he does it. The higher the tomoe, the more effective the eyes get at these jobs. But despite that they werent ungodly powerful. In the first VotE fight, when sasuke had 2 tomoe, and naruto was in kyuubi cloak, he was faster than sasuke could keep up with. Then the third tomoe formed and it switched back in his favor. If the mangekyo had been like that, basically, now it can keep up with say, Lee at 5 gates, that would have been more than enough. It would have meant the only way to overpower the eye is too be so blindingly fast you might as well have hirashin, or to attack in such a way its not possible to avoid all the attacks or damage. And only the very highest tier ninja are capable of doing stuff like that. Make the eternal even faster, 7 gates isnt enough to speed blitz him then. It didnt need to let the uchiha fire lasers from their eyes, or somehow create the susanoo stupidity. Even the tsukiyomi could have worked just as the eye based genjutsu in general become that much stronger and harder to break. Kakashi could implant hypnotic suggestions with his single eye in the fight against zabuza. The mangekyo could cause illusions so real they actually injure the enemy they are used on, etc etc etc.

But they couldnt even leave it at that, oh no, now every mangekyo has its own unique twists, then we have them with unique abilities. It was like reading a super hero comic character power creep of 50 years compressed into 1. Everything is constantly being one upped and boosted further and further. "My susanoo can seal anything it hits. "Oh yeah? Well mine can fire off massive bolts of energy rapidly!" "Oh yeah? Well mine is so tough its sword can decapitate MOUNTAINS!" Dont even get me started with danzo and his izanagi stupidity. Good lord, he literally throws away half his extra lives in that fight trying to prove how unkillable he is, despite knowing that he can only do that so many times. Bottom line, im not a fan of what kishi did with the sharingan. The abilities the high end have make no frigging sense for the most part. At least the early stuff had something to do with vision.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Too my mind, the moment the series started going downhill was when the mangekyo got its powers revealed. And not even all of them. Lets face it, basic sharingan is already hax in this setting. It lets you copy any nonbloodline jutsu you see, it lets you see through illusions, and it lets you see what your opponent will do before he does it. The higher the tomoe, the more effective the eyes get at these jobs. But despite that they werent ungodly powerful. In the first VotE fight, when sasuke had 2 tomoe, and naruto was in kyuubi cloak, he was faster than sasuke could keep up with. Then the third tomoe formed and it switched back in his favor. If the mangekyo had been like that, basically, now it can keep up with say, Lee at 5 gates, that would have been more than enough. It would have meant the only way to overpower the eye is too be so blindingly fast you might as well have hirashin, or to attack in such a way its not possible to avoid all the attacks or damage. And only the very highest tier ninja are capable of doing stuff like that. Make the eternal even faster, 7 gates isnt enough to speed blitz him then. It didnt need to let the uchiha fire lasers from their eyes, or somehow create the susanoo stupidity. Even the tsukiyomi could have worked just as the eye based genjutsu in general become that much stronger and harder to break. Kakashi could implant hypnotic suggestions with his single eye in the fight against zabuza. The mangekyo could cause illusions so real they actually injure the enemy they are used on, etc etc etc.

But they couldnt even leave it at that, oh no, now every mangekyo has its own unique twists, then we have them with unique abilities. It was like reading a super hero comic character power creep of 50 years compressed into 1. Everything is constantly being one upped and boosted further and further. "My susanoo can seal anything it hits. "Oh yeah? Well mine can fire off massive bolts of energy rapidly!" "Oh yeah? Well mine is so tough its sword can decapitate MOUNTAINS!" Dont even get me started with danzo and his izanagi stupidity. Good lord, he literally throws away half his extra lives in that fight trying to prove how unkillable he is, despite knowing that he can only do that so many times. Bottom line, im not a fan of what kishi did with the sharingan. The abilities the high end have make no frigging sense for the most part. At least the early stuff had something to do with vision.
    No, no... you've got it all wrong. The characters are all just shinigami under the influences of kyoka suigetsu. Any moment now the illusion will end and they'll all have to fight Aizen. But in reality it's all from Kakashi's point of view because he's still under Itachi's Tsukuyomi. However, that's just what Aizen wants them to think with his kyoka suigetsu. Of course, Itachi's Tsukuyomi is causing Kakashi to believe that alternate reality is true but Aizen's kyoka suigetsu is fooling the shinigami into believing that... but what's really happening is that Mr. Cobb knows that Saito secretly really likes anime and is trying to perform inception by going deep and going for what the he has an attachment to because he's fooled Saito into thinking that he was banished from the USA and that all the other stuff happened.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2014-05-29 at 01:34 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So, I've been thinking about what bothered me about what happened to Naruto, overall, as soon as Zombie!Madara showed up, and the stuff after that.

And I figured it out, in the analogy of RPG systems! Now, please keep in mind these aren't meant to be an exact translation, but more an example of the systems that I think fit the general level of fighting power, prowess, destructive ability, and so on.

-So, the original run of Naruto? It was like a game using Pathfinder RPG, where everyone gets extra feats, stat points, and awesome races/templates. Even the powerful guys are still not stupid-powerful (Orochimaru, the Sannin, even Itachi and Kisame).
    -Shippuden? That's higher-level Pathfinder, with the Mythic ruleset added in. More powerful, and higher up you get some kind of ridiculous stuff. But, I mean, Kakashi, Choza, and Chouji could still at least threaten Pain. Jiraiya could probably have taken all 6 Pains out if he'd known how all their powers worked. And again, bloodline stuff could be explained as race/template stuff.
    This one gets stretched as things go on, but I personally think you could say it applies even up to right before Madara shows up. All the zombies are just an extra template (zombie ninja) layered on their previous stuff.
    -And then Madara shows up, and reveals that, lolololol, he's built with the Exalted ruleset.
    Hashirama reveals the same thing when he pulls out Sage Mode and conjures up a wooden statue the size of a mountain with a thousand punching hands!
    Naruto and Sasuke are stuck at "only" maxed-out Mythic Pathfinder until the spirit of the Sage of Six Paths shows up and hands them a Solar (Naruto) and...hm, probably a Lunar (Sasuke) Exaltation, which they somehow push to like 1-2 Essence below Madara.
    Meanwhile beyond those 4, everyone else is stuck on the other rule system and is all "wait we still can't juggle planets on our bouncing pectoral muscles, guys".
    NO no no no no no no!

Naruto is a fox totem Lunar, Full moon Caste, who literally just a second ago became a chimera with Racoon(Shukaku), Cat(Matatabi), Tutle, crab, shrimp(3 tails) Monkey, Ape(Son Goku) Dolphin, Horse(Five Tails) Slug(6 Tails), Flying Horned Beatle(7 Tails) Ox, and Octopus(Gyuki) traits added to his spirit Shape, and a charm that lets him surpress his warforms mutations unless he wants to manifest them.

Sasuke, being the Reincarnation of Indra, is of couse Naruto's Solar mate(Manifested as rivals) but isn't a solar Proper, but a Green Sun Prince. His Amatsaru and Blaze Relase jutsu are very clearly refluffed Malfeas Charms, and Susanoo is very clearly a Shintei.

This is of course assuming that the Exalted Third edition Spoilers telling us that chimera have gone from random Shapeshifting Monsters to otherwise normal Lunars who have altered their Spirit Shape, the complete respec of Green Sun Princes holds up, and the bit about a 3E Lunar and a 3E Infernal both being roughly equell in terms of combat, if they specialize.

now I'm going to see if anybody else has wtitten this Fanfic.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

I know precisely how to stop the infinite tsukuyomi. It's so simple. Just gotta play some of this kind of music.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I know precisely how to stop the infinite tsukuyomi. It's so simple. Just gotta play some of this kind of music.
    I'm afraid i don't follow: is it the 3EB double entendre, the genjutsu being compared to crystal meth, or just the likelihood of this being a nostalgic song for many of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

22. - Top - End - #172

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    I'm afraid i don't follow: is it the 3EB double entendre(...)
    That one, I'd say.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    That one, I'd say.
    Precisely. Probably should have linked a different one to each word though...

24. - Top - End - #174

I just realized something.

The first(And Only) practical lesson Kakashi taught all three members of team 7 was the value of teamwork.

Everytime two or more members of team 7 are fighting in the same battle, and they're all on a comparable level of power, they work together perfectly. Even if they've spent years separated.

When Naruto comes home from his three year Training test and Kakashi puts him and Sakura through the Bell Test again, thry work together perfectly.

Naruto and Sasuke, working together for the first time since the Chunin Exams, created a combination jutsu and did it perfectly the first time when fighting Obito, Madara and the Ten Tails.

And that's disregarding the "New Sanin" moment all three of them had when Sasuke first showed up to the fight.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175

And disregarding the fact that Sakura randomly tried to jump kick Madara and got stabbed for it and thus is now out of the fight.

26. - Top - End - #176

And disregarding the fact that Sakura randomly tried to jump kick Madara and got stabbed for it and thus is now out of the fight.
    She was out of the fight many chapters ago when she used the last of her usable chackra to cut open Naruto's chest to gforce his heart to beat by hand.

Right now she has her mediocre hand to hand skills and Tsunade's instant self healing Jutsu(Which IIRC runs on a speperate pool of stored Chakra)

Charging Madara is literally all she could have done in that situation

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

She was never really in the fight anyway. Madara was out of her league long before he even got revived by Rinne Tensei.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    She was out of the fight many chapters ago when she used the last of her usable chackra to cut open Naruto's chest to gforce his heart to beat by hand.

Right now she has her mediocre hand to hand skills and Tsunade's instant self healing Jutsu(Which IIRC runs on a speperate pool of stored Chakra)

Charging Madara is literally all she could have done in that situation
    Mediocre.

No, it's the dumbest thing she could of done.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    She was never really in the fight anyway. Madara was out of her league long before he even got revived by Rinne Tensei.
    And that is a problem with the series. Not that it matters, Madara got ate by Kaguya who is an even bigger, more impossing big bad!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mediocre.

No, it's the dumbest thing she could of done.
    Do not quote me, but I do think that Chakra use is a part of the Superhuman feats such as that one, which is why Rock Lee can do what he does so well, he focuses all of the chakra he has into Physical attacks since he can't externalize it due to stunted Chakra Coils

at least that was the explanation given before Chakra came from a Devil Fruit and not something genetic in the setting..

30. - Top - End - #180

Exactly. Sakura and Tsunade posses superstrenth as the result of a specific technique.

No Chakra, no Super Strenth.

And without Superstrenth, Sakura's hand to hand skill suck.

Cuase, you know, she has ike no muscle mass.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks