New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The 8 Guilds of Xil

Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick enters the inn and slowly moves towards the crowd. He listens to the conversation and frowns. He asks someone on the fringe of the crowd: "Why are people lining up to be bad-mouthed by that Dwarf?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

"With my current skillset, I could likely attempt to discern some information about, say, what direction he may have went or did not go, or where and how he acquired an item he returned with. Eventually, when I grow more powerful, I can do more with my clairsentience, though a downside to that as with divinations is that many of them take a while to properly set up. Intelligence-gathering through psionic or magical means is not something that can typically be done immediately. Is this sort of behavior typical of Harnor, though? Next time he does something like it, I could in theory improvise a few scrying beacons following him -- though it's risky, as he is a mage and might be able to pull off a simple detect magic to know that something's going on." As Ioriston finishes talking, he realizes something. "Of course, with the amount of time we've been talking, he's likely too far for me to have a good guess -- if you wanted to know which direction, my first beacon would've been right outside the door, then I would've followed him with a few more beacons - the power I use to set those up only allows me to place them in familiar or obvious places."
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

Thanks to Madcrafter for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

(There, stuff is happening as Torma finishes his guild visits )
    (I changed two NPC's text color/boldness (Qailee/Torwin), sorry if this confuses anyone)
    Spoiler: Torma, Arrow
    Show
    Natalie replies to Torma first, "It's Natalie." After Torma heads away there is a bit of an awkward pause between Arrow and Natalie.

"...aaand can I help you? Any questions before you try to apply within the pavilions?"

As Torma heads to a pavilion a man in a mithril half plate walks out of it. His hair and eyes are a dark brown, his face shows years of combat upon it, and his look, extremely serious. Behind him is an extremely buff woman, she wears full plate and a large battle axe is strapped to her chest, her face also displays years of combat, her hair and eyes match the mans in appearance, even her hair was short like his. The man turns to the line and sort of angrily addresses them.
    "I'm busy, all of you go to another pavilion."
    Him and the woman begin to walk off, as the pass Natalie the man addresses her.
    "Natalie, lets go, now."
    "Why?"
    The woman replies for the man.
    "The ugly gnome Qitiore has been talking **** and saying stuff he shouldn't, we're going to go temporarily shut him up."

The three of them stride off. Natalie quickly remarks "Guild business" to Arrow before she walks with the other two.

Spoiler: Jot (Waldrick)
    Show
    A man turns to Waldrick.
    "Are you serious? That's Qitiore, the greatest member of Innocent, he's a legend... though he seems a bit drunk now... an insult is worth the interview from the Master of Shadows."

Spoiler: Serephina
    Show
    "If it's alright if I ask... how old are you?"

Spoiler: Ioriston, Fife
    Show
    "Harnor is friendly, but he's sometimes secretive. Me and Qailee just wonder because we're such big gossips." She says only half jokingly. Qailee giggles and nods her head in agreement.
    (Changed Qailees color from now on for readability)
    "Oh, but it would be rude to spy on him... so, could you discern where I got an item, even if it's been a long time? I would love to see some of your clairsentience... I've only ever gotten to read about anything about psionics..." Her voice comes out as though disappointed.

Right then Fife McDougal, the deathsinger, approaches the table.
    "Hello agian! As I said, I have returned. So, I had a few more questions about the guild, or more to the point, about yourselves. I'd like to hear some stories of your exploits. Old missions and such. If that is alright?"

Qailee looks nervous at his question.
    "I don't... I mean, I never..."
    Trinida attempts to distract from the nervousness.
    "Absolutely! I'd be glad to, but first I believe Qailee wanted Ioriston to look at something, but only if you want to of course."
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Show
    "I am 27 in halfling years."
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

"Ohh....right." He shrugs apologetically, "I am not from here, you see." Jot turns around and rolls his eyes. He decides to see if there is something else to do. If he wants to see and hear a drunken Dwarf, he could go...well, basically anywhere after dinner-time. He makes sure he gets a hold of a beer, though.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    It's not you, it is Waldrick...he is rather boring and tough to entertain .

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, it's fine. Any item will do, really. Spend as much time as you like talking all things Cherry Home, I'll be listening, though focused on studying the object moreso, this does take some time."

Spoiler: Object Reading!
    Show
    Augmenting by one point to increase its duration, spending 20 minutes focusing on whatever item Qailee gives me.

(1d100)[79] to see if I skip any previous owners. 0-9 means I do, let's say?
    "By the way, do you know the best thing about magic? ... Everything." - Sarda, 8 Bit Theater

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hmm.... They sure didn't seem very friendly... I'll want to look into where they went later tonight, if i can.

Torma shrugs and heads off to the next shortest pavilion line, his levitation form still maintained around him.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

(There, stuff is happening as Torma finishes his guild visits )
    (I changed two NPC's text color/boldness (Qailee/Torwin), sorry if this confuses anyone)
    [SPOILER=Torma, Arrow]Natalie replies to Torma first, "It's Natalie." After Torma heads away there is a bit of an awkward pause between Arrow and Natalie.

"...aaand can I help you? Any questions before you try to apply within the pavilions?"
    "... Pavilions? Sorry, ye'll havta' explain."

9. - Top - End - #219

BardGuy

Show

Spoiler: Ioriston, Fife
    Show
    "Harnor is friendly, but he's sometimes secretive. Me and Qailee just wonder because we're such big gossips." She says only half jokingly. Qailee giggles and nods her head in agreement.
    (Changed Qailees color from now on for readability)
    "Oh, but it would be rude to spy on him... so, could you discern where I got an item, even if it's been a long time? I would love to see some of your clairsentience... I've only ever gotten to read about anything about psionics..." Her voice comes out as though disappointed.

Right then Fife McDougal, the deathsinger, approaches the table.
    "Hello agian! As I said, I have returned. So, I had a few more questions about the guild, or more to the point, about yourselves. I'd like to hear some stories of your exploits. Old missions and such. If that is alright?"

Qailee looks nervous at his question.
    "I don't... I mean, I never..."
    Trinida attempts to distract from the nervousness.
    "Absolutely! I'd be glad to, but first I believe Qailee wanted Ioriston to look at something, but only if you want to of course."
    "I can certainly wait. It would be interesting to see what sort of magic this man can produce, provided that it does not destroy us....I'm sorry....that one slipped out. I really feel quite comfortable here. Habits dying hard I suppose."

Fife waits for the man he has never seen before(Ioriston) to preform his magics, but didn't realize that it would take so long to do so. So, he scrambled for some tea, and once again removed his cloak and hood to sit down and began sipping.
    Last edited by Valery; 2014-05-27 at 09:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    "And what does that translate to in actual years?"

Show
    As Jot turns around 3 new people enter the tavern. The first is an athletically built man. His face was prideful, stern, and showed years of battle on it. His eyes and hair were a dull dark brown. He wore a Mithril half plat and strapped to his back was a guisarme. He stood with an authoritative posture. The second was an older woman, extremely muscular. Her hair and eyes matched that of the mans, but her face was softer and cheery despite the scars that it also held. The final one was a young woman with a narrow face and crimson hair. She wore a crimson cloak that matched.

As they walk past Waldrick and towards the gnome, the older woman slaps his behind.
    "My room later good looking."
    The crowd near the gnome begins to dissipate as the three approach the gnome.
    "That's Torwin! Better stay out of his way."

Other than minor gambling, drinking, and listening to some light folk music there didn't seem much for Waldrick to do. He most certainly manages to get a beer from a Gilde server.
    Spoiler: Beer Taste
    Show
    It's watered down, but at least its actual beer.

(Well, hopefully he'll enjoy a nice beer )

Spoiler: Fife, Ioriston
    Show
    Before Ioriston begins, Trinida speaks up.
    "Oh, where are my manners? Fife, this Ioriston, Ioriston, Fife."
    After introductions, Qailee produces a silver Holy symbol of The Divine One (tree within a triangle), it looks expertly made with many small details on the symbol. Ioriston only spends 10 minutes readin it, as it has only had two previous owners.

Spoiler: Owners
    Show
    (chronological) The symbol was made by a lawful good aligned 27 year old (at the time) male human named Y'nul who presented it as a wedding gift to a good aligned 24 year old female human named Caitlyn who gave it to her daughter, Qailee.

Spoiler: Arrow, Torma
    Show
    Natalie does manage to tell Arrow before the other two ask her to walk away with them.
    "The big, tent-like things, each of them has an... instructor? that will test you on various things."
    -----

The line for Torma move rather rapidly. As he reaches the front he enters the tent. Inside is mostly empty, though there are weapons standing on racks all along the inside "walls" of the pavilion. AT the center stands a single young man. He has short black hair and a narrow face. He is standing slouched with both hands behind his head and currently wears a disinterested look on his face. At his side two swords are sheathed.

"Yo."

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

11. - Top - End - #221

GnomeWizardGuy

"Hello! I'm Torma, a bender and herbalist!"

*Torma pauses to give the man time to introduce himself*

"I understand there are several tests to pass to be approved by your great guild. Combat is the first of them? Are you to be my opponent? Or is there some other proof by combat?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

Waldrick eyes the man that enters. Torwin, now that's a man I can respect. More than a drunk Dwarf....Gnome. He looks at the Dwarf again and concludes it is a Gnome. Ah well. He decides to entertain himself with a few games of dice. No cheating. He could, that much of Girelda has rubbed off on him, but he wouldn't. Then, after enjoying a few watered down beers, he will head up to his room.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Arrow waits in line, calloused hands in his bow,

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    "And what does that translate to in actual years?"
    "I don't know really haha i thought we just aged faster then humans, we live longer, that might be it."
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

15. - Top - End - #225

BardGuy

Spoiler: Fife, Ioriston
    Show
    Before Ioriston begins, Trinida speaks up.
    "Oh, where are my manners? Fife, this Ioriston, Ioriston, Fife."
    After introductions, Qailee produces a silver Holy symbol of The Divine One (tree within a triangle), it looks expertly made with many small details on the symbol. Ioriston only spends 10 minutes readin it, as it has only had two previous owners.
    "Yes, we haven't met yet. I'm Fife McDougal, pleased to meet you Ioriston. Are you an applicant? I am. Seems like a comfortable place to be." Fife takes off his tinted glasses and places them on the table next to his tea. "Trinida, if I may ask, when we were talking earlier you didn't ask me to perform any special skills, why is that? And Ioriston, may I ask what it is that you are doing with the object?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    The man shrugs then nods.
    "Names Sylar."
    On the far end of the pavilion lies a small passageway, from with slithers a huge serpent, it moves 30 ft within Torma. Sylar steps out of the way.
    "Don't panic, it doesn't bite too much."
    (Roll initiative, pavilion is 40x30x15 flat arena with a weapons rack surrounding all but the north and south entrances. Sylar is on the far right wall of the pavilion.)
    ----

Arrows line also moves fairly quickly. As he enters the pavilion he finds that the pavilions is mostly empty save for weapons racks all along the "walls." A man stands at the center of the room. He has curly black hair with blonde highlights. He is thin, certainly not the body of a warrior. His large royal purple coat covers a fancy blue dress shirt and white trousers, his feathered cap matches his coat.
    "The pleasure is mine to meet you! Ignacio is the name! And yours? I'm afraid we haven't much time left in the day, are you more than ready for a trial by combat before we move on?

Show
    (assuming "after a few watered down beers" means you're there for more than two rounds right?)
    As Waldrick plays dice the room becomes fairly quite. Torwin moves up to the gnome, followed by the other two women.
    The gnome speaks first.
    "What do you want you spoiled brat?"
    "A bird told me you were insulting our guild, we don't appreciate that. To make matters worse, you're not to inform the commoners of tomorrow nights event."
    "I don't give a **** what you appreciate."
    Torwin calmly draws his guisarme from his back.
    "You will shut up."
    The gnome stays quite for a moment and gets off the chair he begins to walk away...

and instead suddenly turns and fires what looks like a ray made of shadow right at Torwin, the crimson haired woman clearly tries to counterspell, but fails. The ray manages to hit Torwin... but only leaves a small scorch on his plate, he looks extremely unimpressed. The gnome, looking nervous, manages to only take a step back before Torwin dashes at him. His weapon glows white and he lifts the guisarme and smashes the blunt end of the weapon into the gnomes head... the gnome smashes into the ground, cracking the floor boards, and is out cold.

(Two spellcrafts if you want)
    "You may continue interviewing the dwarf-gnome. Don't forget your place Innocent, you're nothing but our mop."
    Him and the two women begin to walk out. Three of the people who were surrounding the dwarf approach him to check on him, the all have the Innocent guild symbol.
    (If you head to your room you find that it is still tiny, it has not magically become bigger in the time you have been gone).

Show
    "So you're young for a halfling then? Equivalent to a human teenager, or close to it?"
    A bit of worry can be heard in her voice.

Spoiler: Ioriston, FIfe
    Show
    (Ioriston, don't forget to read the previous post)
    "Oh, I'm sorry, I was a bit caught up in conversation. To be honest, I meant to, and I am required to. You said you were a death singer, I assume a bard related to the Home of Death?"
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-05-27 at 09:13 PM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

17. - Top - End - #227

GnomeWizardGuy

Torma raises his bushy eyebrows in surprise.

Spoiler: Rolling Initiative
    Show
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Caligstro Smith; 2014-05-27 at 09:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Torma
    Show
    Tormas actual initiative: (1d20+3)[13]

The snake lunges at Torma angrily. It snaps its jaws at the dwarf and Torma feels its fangs penetrate his skin for 18dmg. It rapidly swings it's body around Torma attempting to grapple/constrict him.
    (You must make a 24 on a grapple check or be grappled.)
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2014-05-27 at 09:26 PM.

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Arrows line also moves fairly quickly. As he enters the pavilion he finds that the pavilions is mostly empty save for weapons racks all along the "walls." A man stands at the center of the room. He has curly black hair with blonde highlights. He is thin, certainly not the body of a warrior. His large royal purple coat covers a fancy blue dress shirt and white trousers, his feathered cap matches his coat.
    "The pleasure is mine to meet you! Ignacio is the name! And yours? I'm afraid we haven't much time left in the day, are you more than ready for a trial by combat before we move on?
    Arrow nods. If anyone had been watching the awkward little hooded figure, they'd have been surprised. His posture is suddenly relaxed, his eyes clear. He hefts his bow.

20. - Top - End - #230

GnomeWizardGuy

Torma attempts to wriggle free of the massive snake's coils.

Escape Artist Check: (1d20+11)[20]

21. - Top - End - #231

GnomeWizardGuy

Torma's Turn:

Torma continues wriggling in an attempt to escape the snake's clutches.

Escape Artist Check: (1d20+11)[24]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Torma manages to successfully escape the dire snakes grapple.
    ----
    Ignacio bows as he steps aside, a huge hairy bat swoops into the room. It looks crazed and flitters about erratically. It notices Arrow and has a clear bloodthirst in its eyes.
    "Be gentle, Torwin loves his pets."
    (If you beat a 20 on initiative you may go first)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

23. - Top - End - #233

GnomeWizardGuy

Concentration check to see if Levitation failed (DC 13+18=31) (gotta roll a 20)
    (1d20+11)[24]

Torma then swiftly nods to himself and a whirlwind of air beings blowing about him (Activate Air Devotion, +2 AC. AC now 23, Touch 23, Flat 20, and 50% miss chance vs ranged).

Torma then attempts to bend defensively (DC 18 concentration), twirling his staff and swinging it in the snake's direction

Spoiler: Forming Soundbending - Thundercrack; DC 15
    Show
    Deals 1d4 sonic damage, no save, + Fort Save DC 17 vs deafened. Attempting to use 12 points of his potential Augment Pool to increase the damage by 8d4. Must ROLL bending check because he is threatened in melee and using a form with a meditation component. Must roll an 8 or better to succeed. Other wise Must roll a 13 or better to still form it by overbending, but becomes fatigued and take 1 con damage to self.
    Bending Check: (1d20+19)[32]
    Sonic Damage: (9d4)[23]

Torma looks ready in case of another melee attack now.

Spoiler: Explanation of "readiness"
    Show
    To save time I'm just doing this here ahead of time since I'm assuming it's going to melee me again. I Form Somersault Basic Seed, letting me attempt a tumble check to avoid a melee attack an immediate action. Because snake is HUGE size, Tumble check is DC 24... (I may take 10 on this BENDING CHECK to form the seed because this form does not have a meditation component)

Tumble Check: (1d20+13)[32]

24. - Top - End - #234

GnomeWizardGuy

NOTE: Crap I forgot I had to quicken the soundbending to a move action also -- I can't actually attempt it w/o quickening it first. I already know the amount of my bending check roll, so I'll just have to spend my augment pool amount I stated i'm trying to use, since I have to declare the amount first in case of over bending risk. So I only do 1d4 sonic damage

(1d4)[3]

25. - Top - End - #235

GnomeWizardGuy

OOC: AAAHH, I forgot to make the concentration roll I mentioned for bending defensively too, Sorry for forgetting things - was trying to post really fast since we're both posting online at same time right now!:

(1d20+11)[22]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+1)[8]
    I'm guessing it's the bat's turn.

27. - Top - End - #237

BardGuy

Spoiler: Ioriston, FIfe
    Show
    (Ioriston, don't forget to read the previous post)
    "Oh, I'm sorry, I was a bit caught up in conversation. To be honest, I meant to, and I am required to. You said you were a death singer, I assume a bard related to the Home of Death?"
    "Oh for sure. It wasn't always like that though. Before, I was nothing really, just a bard with his bardic troupe wondering the great expanse of our nation. We were happy, not content, that would suppose that we were just scrapping by. No, we were happy, making money, and playing our way across the world! I think there were about a hundred of us put together. Then," Fife shivers and grasps the cup of tea almost instantaneously. He slams the cup down onto the table, cracking its handle. He begins to pull together the shattered remains of the cup and, speaking again, holds a darkness in his voice, "Then, people began dying, but not just dying. They were subjected to the worst deaths imaginable....in that every death was caused by something incredibly stupid....one man was even end by rabbits! Rabbits! So, I eventually became the soul survivor of my troupe. That was also when I realized the Home of Death had it right. For with so much death in my life, what else could be the explanation?"

Fife stares at the broken tea cup for a moment. Opening his mouth once more he says, "If I am accepted I will do my best to keep everyone alive. But you must know this: It is my dearest desire to be personally slain by the Queen of Death. At some point you will have to say goodbye to me and I to you. However, keeping to my promise of assistance towards everyone else, I'll leave this world happy knowing that none of my friends were eliminated....ridiculously or otherwise. As for what I'm capable of, I'll need some sort of test from you I suppose."
    Last edited by Valery; 2014-05-27 at 11:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Jot (Waldrick)

With a broad smile Waldrick watches the fight unfold. Once the Gnome is down, he taps the table in appreciation. That Gnome had it coming. He also appreciates he himself was not on the other end of that guisarme. Looks like this Torwin delivers a mean blow.

Spoiler: Spellcrafts
    Show
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20+5)[6]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Ioriston finishes his readings as the group is conversing. "This was an interesting choice of item to give me. It is your holy symbol, I presume? You acquired it from...your mother, Caitlyn, who herself acquired it at her wedding at the age of 24 as a gift from the one who crafted it, Y'nul, who was 27 when he crafted it."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

[SPOILER=Chistara]"Very well my sweet, prepare yourself for humiliation!" The man takes a 5 foot step back and slaps both hands onto the ground, immediately a yellow goop is beneath Chistara.
    ([B]Roll reflex, save DC 14 or fall prone, after a successful reflex save you may move only with a DC10 balance check, or else not move.
    [/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show
    (1d20)[14]