New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Toy Story Mafia: Playthings wanted

I see I have some questions in my inbox already.

I'll get to them when I get home. I gotta run to work. Thanks for your enthusiasm!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've never had more than 31 players, and I had to replace several of them...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    In other words, please stop all posting in this thread for a little bit.
    I think as long as we don't discuss anything about the game itself we should be fine.
    Not quite. I was joking about feeling inadequate; I mentioned how honored I felt to have gotten this many players. But Lex seemed to feel bad about only getting 43, so I pointed out that she managed to get more GITP peoples, and I sorta cheated by dipping into different fora.
    I was just mocking our first world problems pity party
    I avoid this problem by mostly running fixed-size small games, like Dethy and Tiny WW.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    Is there a place I can invite you and other players for my game when I host one at totalwar?
    I plan to do it as soon as my summer break starts, and I will look for lots of players...
    I would post a link here to recruit players from these forums. This is our central thread for all ww/mafie style games.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Jarema
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I would post a link here to recruit players from these forums. This is our central thread for all ww/mafie style games.
    thanks, I'll note it for future use

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, answered all questions (I think) if not, prod me.

Returning to role PM generation, no work today, therefore my GOAL is to continue until all 45 roles are completed.

Then, I need to take a wittle breasky, to construct the cover roles, and do the opening post.

Folks, heads up, the game will be starting within a day or two. (I firmly believe and am strongly aiming for)

Please be ready to play, let's shoot for high participation levels.

Fleeing Coward would like a break from Werewolf.... if I don't have to auto-lynch anyone this entire game, I will...

I will.....

Something really good.

Okay, I've decided.

(Link to the summary thread- narration only)

Um, these games were considered some of the best of all time on my native site, and my Star Wars game will knock your socks off.

If you can follow all the rules regarding avoiding modkills and auto-lynches, I will reward the native forumgoers with that game.

If you miss the mark, I may still be persuaded. 100% no modkills is the goal, let's hit near that at least.

Do-able? Pie in the sky? We'll see.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-26 at 02:14 AM.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pie in the sky?
    Pizza in the sky.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Pizza in the sky.
    Totally agree. But I want to play that Star Wars game. Seeing as how I love Star Wars and those game mechanics look really fun. (Of course I'm too lazy/don't want to spoil things for myself so I didn't read the actual game, just looked over the rules and Q/A and such.)

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Totally agree. But I want to play that Star Wars game. Seeing as how I love Star Wars and those game mechanics look really fun. (Of course I'm too lazy/don't want to spoil things for myself so I didn't read the actual game, just looked over the rules and Q/A and such.)
    Well, the one thing I can tell you for sure is based off the quality and time put into his narrations, this will be a fun one to read through.

And I was planning on doing other things then reading a (EDIT: 117) page thread tonight, Pizza. Now I need to know the fate of 67 jedi and sith on a ship Thanks for ruining my plans.

Ruining them with awesomeness.

EDIT: Having read through at least a third of his posted game, I'd love to see this game put in action on this forum. Let's make it happen, people.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-26 at 04:31 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

This Narrator cares about his players and the audience.

If the players care back, I promise you, you won't regret it.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Update:

All primary roles should be sent out.

If you haven't gotten your role PM, please fire me off a private message.

Still left to do: I need to manufacture some cover roles that I haven't gotten to yet.

I need to take a break and eat something. Maybe catch a nap.

Then I need to do the opening narration and post the very condensed rulebook. Which will contain all the major bits of info you need to avoid the wrath of Mrs. Davis.

Namely, private communication is restricted. Know the rules regarding private comms, which is generally that you don't do it without specifically being told that you can. Don't break that rule.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I've never had more than 31 players, and I had to replace several of them...
    Sorry about that...

13. - Top - End - #253

Well, I hope Yumori123 will be back soon enough...
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

Beholder

Guys! All the wolves should admit right away so there's no risk of autolynching!

Wanna Star Wars!!!
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Condensed Rulebook

For the active mafia player on the go, who doesn't want to chew through Askthepizzaguy's Monster Rulebook.

Full rulebook is in opening post.

1) Damaged characters cannot use night actions.
    Spoiler: more
    Show
    They retain any immunities. They can still discuss with the group.

2) Kidnapped characters cannot vote. They cannot be targeted with night actions, or use night actions.
    Show
    They can still discuss with the group.

3) Lynched / Murdered characters cannot speak in the public thread anymore, save for one final "good luck team" style post, which must not contain any hints or game-related data.
    Show
    Dead antagonists may continue to converse in their quicktopic only. They may not vote or use night actions.

4) Almost all of you are barred from private communication.
    Show
    The only legal form of which is a host-granted quicktopic. Please know this rule like the back of your hand.

5) 72 hour days, 48 hour nights
    Show
    Night actions must be in before the Night Phase is over. They may be sent in advance, but cannot be sent late. Discuss strategy with the whole group in the public thread.

6) Don't reveal quicktopics to anyone.

7) Don't post screenshots.

8) Don't attempt to find a loophole in the rules.
    Show
    Anything that allows a similar action that would break the game that is otherwise prevented by the rulebook (don't give out your password, don't use multiple accounts, don't show your IRL friends the screen while playing this game... etc) check with me if you're not sure what constitutes a loophole.

9) Follow forum moderator instructions and Narrator instructions.

10) Report all rulebreaks.

11) Remember there are minimum playing requirements. (Reposted here for reference in case you didn't read it the first time)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you sign up to play, there are minimum playing requirements. If you are a role with night actions and you fail to use them, you may be replaced from the game (after you have been reminded to use those actions and continue to fail to use them). The game is balanced under the assumption players with special powers attempt to use such powers. You may have teammates relying on you, so don't let them down.

If you sign up to play, there are minimum posting requirements. While you are not required to vote every single day, you are required to post once per Day Phase to indicate you are still playing. This can be as simple as saying that you are here, using the minimum number of letters required by the forum's software. If you fail to do so three times over the course of the entire game, without letting the game host know that you might be absent, you may be replaced at the host's discretion. To avoid such a thing, communicate with the game host to avoid such a fate. Unexcused absences will not be allowed.

However, there are also minimum voting requirements. If you fail to vote two days in a row, you will be expelled from the game by whichever manner the game host decides. There is no way to avoid this fate, not even by asking to be excused. You may be replaced or simply removed. Nothing personal, just business. If you foresee being unable to simply post or vote during any 2-day stretch during this game, which is an incredible length of time (3 days per day phase, plus an additional 3 days for the next day phase) then your schedule simply doesn't allow you to reasonably participate and you should not sign up.

While forum gaming is a casual experience for most, if you were to sit down and play a game of monopoly with your friends every weekend, and chose to leave the game mid-game every weekend, they will stop inviting you to play at some point. Please remember the game is a time investment of both the other players and the narrator, and signing up to play and intentionally not playing is frowned upon.

12) You may send in votes or night actions in advance if you will be absent for an extended period, but I ask that you do not do this at the beginning of the game, please.
    Show
    Day Six arbitrary minimum time frame for such actions, no earlier. If this is unacceptable, talk to me privately.

13 If you do send in advance voting or actions, they are locked in and cannot be undone. Be mindful.
    They must also be in proper format.

Show
    Check that section before committing to a course of action. Know how to send in the vote or action legally, there's a specific method of doing it, if it's not done properly your vote or action will be rejected.

There you go. Should be digest-able. You're expected to know at the very least, the condensed version of the rulebook before playing.

These rules are all in effect until the narrator reveals that the game is over.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-26 at 07:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

A couple minor wording suggestions:
    8) Don't attempt to find a loophole in the rules.
    I would make the rule "don't attempt to *exploit* a loophole in the rules"-- finding loopholes is fine if you just report them to the narrator.
    11) Remember there are minimum playing requirements. (Reposted here for reference in case you didn't read it the first time)
    In this rule's spoiler I would remind people of advance voting/actions as an option.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-26 at 07:25 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Is 3 day days and 2 day nights the norm here?

18. - Top - End - #258

Standard here is 48h days and 24h nights. It can be changed on a game by game basis, but rarely is.

EDIT: That means that people should keep in mind that this is a 72h day and 48h night game.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-26 at 07:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

It really depends on the size and complexity of the game, whatever the narrator feels is appropriate. Dethy runs 72/48 or majority of votes, Classic regularly runs 48/48, many small games run 48/24.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-26 at 07:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prologue

The Housewarming Party

Mrs. Davis and her kids had just arrived in their new home, and were still in the process of unpacking, when her friend Mrs. Anderson decided to throw the Davises a housewarming party. Mrs. Davis and Mrs. Anderson knew each other since they were kids, and with the move, Mrs. Davis was now living a lot closer to her childhood friend, and the neighborhood was a lot more pleasant.

The moving van was still sitting outside, and many boxes were still propped up outside the garage, waiting to be taken inside. The garage door was open. Andy and Molly were playing in the yard, and meeting the local children. Guests began to arrive, bearing gifts, and their kids brought over new toys to play with. Some of the guests brought food, and set up tables and chairs, and soon, there was a grill set up, and later on in the evening, there would be barbecue for dinner.

The party lasted well into the evening, and some of the local kids even wanted to stay the night, with their new friends Andy and Molly. Of course, they couldn't sleep, as excited kids never can when they're over at a friend's house. But by the time dawn broke, their little eyes couldn't stay open anymore, and they finally fell asleep.

With the kids finally asleep, it was the toys' turn to make new friends.

Sheriff Woody: "Okay, everyone! The coast is clear!"

With the all clear signal given, all the Toys sprung to life, and began to get acquainted with one another. The new toys seemed nice and friendly. And for a while, everything seemed to be looking up. No more psychotic kid next door, no more toys bent on controlling the fates of others. Perhaps now, Andy's Toys and their new friends would truly be happy and at peace.

Rex found some new dinosaurs to play with. Mr. Potato Head and the Mrs. had a new home for their adopted aliens. Slinky Dog and Buster both had a nice big yard to chase each other around in. And Mr. Spell had a whole new bunch of toys to educate about the dangers of plastic corrosion. Things were just, just swell.

Until....

*KABOOM*

A firecracker went off in the back yard, just as the sun was coming up.

Many toys were frightened, and immediately tried to hide. But Sheriff Woody and Buzz Lightyear decided to investigate. They raced outside before the perpetrator(s) could possibly have time to get away.

What they found was horrible...

There were bits and pieces of melted, charred, and destroyed plastic everywhere. In the grass by the picket fence, Buzz even found what appeared to be the head of some unfortunate toy.

Someone, or something, had just.... obliterated... a toy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Carl (NPC) was removed from play!

Spoiler
    Show
    He was a Protagonist!

Faced with the prospect of a threat to all the toys in the entire neighborhood, and possibly even the Davises themselves, Sheriff Woody decided to call a Staff Meeting. At the meeting, they discussed the possibility that someone in the neighborhood held a grudge against them... or, even more worryingly, the possibility that someone they already knew and loved had turned against them. The prospect of such a disastrous turn of events caused Rex to lose consciousness and tip over onto his face, with his stubby little arms unable to break the fall.

Sheriff Woody pointed out, grimly, that the perpetrators were still among them, because there was no way to escape the back yard, except through the house. Someone at the staff meeting had to have been involved.

There was only one thing to do. They needed to root out and defeat all threats from within. And if they decided someone was involved in the conspiracy to eliminate Combat Carl, they needed to remove that Toy from play, for good. Otherwise, who knows what might happen.

They decided to hold a Staff Meeting every Day, and discuss which among their number were an evil, nasty, murdering, traitorous creep.

And there was only one thing that should be done with traitors....

"Yeah, that's right. This means you."

So, ladies, gentlemen.... please feel free to start discussing which one of you is a traitor.

Still In Play: [ 45 / 45 ]

1 Alarra
    2 Disc Lorde
    3 Zar Peter
    4 Aventine
    5 Rain Dragon
    6 Helgraf
    7 Random_person
    8 Nonayer
    9 bladescape
    10 Ramsus
    11 Duck999
    12 Elemental
    13 Aric_Kale
    14 Chessgeek
    15 BasketOfPuppies
    16 Murska
    17 Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    18 Legato Endless
    19 DukeGod
    20 Saposhiente
    21 EmeraldRose
    22 Lex-Kat
    23 Mangosta71
    24 Count Dingdong
    25 Yumori123
    26 The Fiery Tower
    27 Mordokai
    28 Banjo1985
    29 Tasroth
    30 Eldritch Knight
    31 Penguinator
    32 Diana Abnoba
    33 Meta
    34 Zweisteine
    35 otakuryoga
    36 TBFProgrammer
    37 Cuthalion
    38 Sprig
    39 firedaemon33
    40 Yaropolk
    41 Tanar Aerdoth
    42 Zack
    43 Autolycusfel
    44 Jarema
    45 smuchmuch

Removed From Play

1 Combat Carl (NPC)- Protagonist

The Narrator, Mrs. Davis:

"Play Time (Day One) Begins Now, and ends at Midnight (11:59:59 PM Eastern Time USA) Thursday, May 29th, 2014. To avoid confusion, this means that Friday, May 30th is the Start Of Quiet Time (Night One), beginning at 12:00:00 AM or 0000 hours that day. This will give you slightly over 72 hours to vote and discuss your situation before the tally is finalized.

Votes made at 12:00 AM or 0000 hours are not valid and will not be counted."

....Have fun, and remember to play nicely!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-27 at 10:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Default Re: Toy Story Mafia: [In Play]- Game begins post 260

Well, a lot of people to choose from here. I'll put my first vote on Helgraf.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Murska. Because Murska.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-05-27 at 09:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm gonna vote for Sprig to welcome them to the playground.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

24. - Top - End - #264

Okay everyone, with 45 players there is going to be a crazy amount of stuff to read and I'm sure some of you will have a hard time keeping up, so in the spirit of reaching Pizzaguy's 0 Autolynches goal I'm going to encourage everyone who can't keep up to just read a recent segment, say what segment you've read (to prevent misunderstandings), and say whom you find most suspicious based on it and why. And ideally get caught up once you have time . Votes based on incomplete information, with reasoning given that other townies can then analyze, are better than random votes made due to being overwhelmed.
    firedaemon33, Murska is not a good day 1 lynch because they die so often on night 1 or 2, in which case it would be an extreme waste to lynch them first.
    Eldritch Knight, I've been thinking about you since in Classic I realized that your meta adds up to "unreadable because he doesn't participate unless he's a powerrole or a wolf". Can you show (link) us a game where you, as a unnetworked vanillager, made a serious contribution to town other than picking the right bandwagons/randavotes?
    (Oh, that's another, more recent term for the non-natives: Vanillager = Vanilla Townie)
    A bit of roleplaying to come
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-26 at 09:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

The four Lego-pups woke up and stretched, getting ready for the day.
    They made some good friends yesterday. It's sad that Carl is gone, but they don't get caught up in it too much. They start to meander, getting used to their surroundings and greeting any that they meet.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

26. - Top - End - #266

I'm voting for Tanar Aerdoth, welcome back.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to start with a second vote on Helgraf. Let's get some wagons up and running.

By my green third eye! What is this madness? Is it the Fiery Tower? Or perhaps Saposhiente is behind all this?
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-05-29 at 08:15 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

The Troll Lady in Green shuffled over to the blocks and started building. Time to open the shop, no matter what has happened, the Shop must go on!

She carefully placed a little sign on a block shelf that read, The Emerald Block, then went behind the block counter and sat down on another smaller block. From somewhere, The Troll Lady found a small cup and sipped what appeared to be a very hot beverage from it.

((Okey-dokey then. Time for the first phase randomness! Pointing at Lord Fullbladder, because, well...trolls and goblins. That's why.))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

29. - Top - End - #269

The toy horse is greeted by one of the pups, and hoarsely chokes out a reply. While he looks happy to see them enjoying themselves, he seems sad, wistful of happy times past.
    "Hey there young'uns. What have you four been up to?"

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Saph is sounding entirely too reasonable. Lynch him!

His plan sounds reasonable, and I hope everyone realizes that. If this gets too big for someone to handle, better they have a partially informed opinion then uninformed one.

Err, my good friend Murska, you know my the fire on the tower set is just for show, right? I would never do such a thing.

It's early in day one, so I'll just put my vote on Aventine to start out with. No particularly strong reason.

Pretty much it for me for now, enjoy the game!

EDIT: I don't know how to make votes in red, apparently.

EDIT THE SECOND: I do know how to strike them out, though. Out of habit.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-27 at 01:48 AM.