New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MitD VIII: Everything we know about MITD (but were afraid Tarrasque)

She knows what he is? identifying him/it is a Knowledge(Nature) roll? Surely Not... although those hunters knew, and Red Cloak presumably needs a high Knowledge(Nature) skill to turn mushrooms into a magic item (and wouldn't chemistry being Nature as well with his elemental elementals)?

Is it just me or do the characters who presumably have high levels of Knowledge(Arcana) fail? (Xykon, that wizard in the circus).

Knowledge (Int; Trained Only)
    Arcana (ancient mysteries, magic traditions, arcane symbols, cryptic phrases, constructs, dragons, magical beasts)
    Nature (animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin)
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 2016-05-20 at 09:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD VIII: Everything we know about MITD (but were afraid Tarrasque)

Well, I gave Savannah as much time as I could, but it was not to be. Please form a chaotic mob and make your way to the new thread where you may resume posting.

Updates made:

Reordered section 3 to have the largest subsection in its own post

Added a few copyrighted creatures

reworked section 2d to use rweirds much improved version (thanks!)

Added Oona's clues to section 2a (appearance, size and maturity)

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2016-05-20 at 09:34 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The Snorlax idea is interesting.
    I'm not a Pokemon expert (I was too old to watch it when it first showed up on TV).
    While I doubt that is the answer, I did notice that Hinjo released his mount from a ball that looks like the ones used in Pokemon cartoons when fighting the enormous devil on the island. That could be construed as parody, however, and would not necessarily qualify as copyright infringement. Having MITD be a Pokemon would not be similarly protected.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Qoatl View Post
    The Snorlax idea is interesting.
    I'm not a Pokemon expert (I was too old to watch it when it first showed up on TV).
    While I doubt that is the answer, I did notice that Hinjo released his mount from a ball that looks like the ones used in Pokemon cartoons when fighting the enormous devil on the island. That could be construed as parody, however, and would not necessarily qualify as copyright infringement. Having MITD be a Pokemon would not be similarly protected.
    All paladins pull their mounts out of pokeballs, as a small joke.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    All paladins pull their mounts out of pokeballs, as a small joke.
    Well, all Azurite paladins do - it's anyone's guess whether it would apply to others, although it's probably a moot point.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Well, all Azurite paladins do - it's anyone's guess whether it would apply to others, although it's probably a moot point.
    We may well find out in the Sir François PDF
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Joking aside, this does do a lot of harm to the idea of the "+1 kitty umbrella of darkness" idea. Which helps out my idea from an earlier thread that the darkness around MitD has something to do with his identity.

Of course it isn't for certain, as it could still just be a "plot convenience" thing, but in my mind that's a weaker argument than the magic umbrella version.

Edit: And the title should obviously be "Back in black...and duckies."
    I get the nagging feeling that the darkness is not solely to hide him, that light empowers him somehow.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Yeah, its kinda startling that Oona knew off-hand exactly what MitD is. The tricky part is that there just aren't that many "beasts" in MitD's power-range and, afaik, none that have his mix of abilities. Nothing on the Animal Companion list works for MitD (not unexpected, but was worth checking).
    Apply the psuedonatural template? (+35 AC!)

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Ogre in the Playground

Newbies please note - forum rules specify a maximum thread length, and we are at the limit.
    A new thread has been started to continue the discussion.

Please post any further comments in the new thread.

Summon MitD IX: Roll on Section 3a
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Mod One Out: Closed due to being over 50 pages. New thread is here.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.