New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 89

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 89

Infirmary

Candace picks a different song to sing. This one's about a prince who wanted a great treasure that was possessed by a witch, and who got turned into a bird for seven years for trying to take it.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [<Redacted Cabin> - Crabapple? ]

As in the Endangered Spy Crabapple?
    I know nothing about trees.

Aaanyway...

"I trust that the information I'm about to relay to you will not be repeated to anyone or anything else - besides Alyca, of course."

The uncharacteristically humorless Miriah whispers conspiratorially, double checking that nobody else is in close proximity to the cabin before she continues.

"She's dead, Justin."

"After Alyca was blasted out of the back of that VTOL we were traveling in, she tried to dive into a hovercraft. She succeeded in that, but she failed to buckle up before the tank hit the pavement. She reported that she was attempting to switch the mode of the tank while the user identity verification program was running so that her landing would be cushioned by a sequence of steady and rapid pulses from the repulsors on the bottom of the tank."

"The repulsors broke her fall, but the mode switch wasn't activated quickly enough to be 100% effective."

"The force that the repulsors didn't negate was absorbed by her legs. She was in critical condition when she was recovered. Thanks to her cranial augmentations, she only just survived the impact."

"Her legs were irreparably damaged."

"They had to be removed and replaced if she was ever going to walk again."
    <Redacted> Cabin:

"Replaced?" he asks. "What exactly do you mean? Mundane prostheses, cybernetics, or magic? I'm assuming your bosses want her to walk again."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Bedroom]

Le sigh!

Why did the one girl Khyli was interested have to have a daughter. This one couldn't even be bribed into behaving like a little angel! Everyone has a price except for her!

Don't get me wrong, Khyli loves children, but she could never eat just one. Uhm... That's a joke not a factoid, by the by.

Dang, Khyli is relieved that there aren't quotation marks around those lines.

Khyli doesn't care for children. They're just so high maintenance. She wishes that she could be an Irresponsible Khyli to this one, but she has to care about Cheasadh - or maybe she could just act like she cares about Cheasadh...

Bah! If she can persuade Celica to sign Cheasadh up for treatment with a certified psychologist, she can wash her hands of this because she really, really doesn't want to deal with this problem, like, ever.

And someone is knocking on the door. That's just dandy.

"Were you expecting someone, Celica?"

Khyli inquires, more annoyed by Cheasadh's sobbing than anything else. Her father disappeared months after she was born and she never cried about it!

-------
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

"Cybernetics and living tissue." Miriah promptly replies. "It looks and feels just like the real deal because it is an upgraded version of the real deal. Once she recovers from the accident and surgery, she'll be better than she was before."

"She's wheelchair bound until then, though. On top of that, she's suffering from depression. Our employers insisted that a robot follow her everywhere for a month or so in case she tries anything crazy. We've been through worse, but I've never seen her this miserable before. I think that... Well... There's no way to make this sound any less ridiculous, is there?"

"I think that you might've broken her heart."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Look who it is!

It's Kestrel, because obviously who else would be here. Although it might take even Choir a moment to realize that, as the body it is now wearing is very different.
    It bobs and waves on fifteen thin little legs, each with dozens of joints. These attach, in groups of three, to the points of a twenty-sided metal frame, within which are layered plastic shells and numerous cables, along with microphones and cameras of the same model. On the top points, solar panels are folded behind it like wings, two more solid mechanical arms are fitted to the front, and the rear point has some sort of little transciever dish.
    Hanging underneath the body, coiled up, are three tool-bearing arms of the same type as the legs, though shorter.

"Hello again Choir. I presume you have yet to leave the building?"
    Without moving its legs, Kestrel's interior core swivels to regard Candace.
    "Are you assisting Choir, or do you require assistance yourself?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]

A man shows up here. He wears a lab coat and jeans so he might be working here. The man is a bit over average size so around 6 feet. He got black hai brushed to his left side and his left Eye miss the iris.
    As he enters he hears the music and looks for the source. As he saw it he stands there and listens a bit, clearly the woman isn't hurt so she may just be here to entertain Choir. He will then get over to a desk and look through some of the papers their.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Infirmary

The woman stands up, placing a hand over her belly. She's not showing very much, but a decent eye should be able discern a slight bulge. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me? My name's Candace.

7. - Top - End - #277

[Infirmary]

"Of course. Ask away." The voice has a cold, synthetic quality to it, but barring that, it seems friendly.

"I am called Kestrel."
    And the robot spins its legs around each other and sets down on the resulting column of metal and plastic to listen to the questions.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278

[Infirmary]

The man just listens. Maybe the woman got a question the robot can't ask in a way she understands.

9. - Top - End - #279

[Infirmary]

"I haven't left, no. I was brought some food," Choir stated simply. Eating the strange food had left her feeling less... knotted up inside. Which she was sure was a good sign. Then the singing other spoke her name. Candace. It didn't mean anything to Choir. None of the humans names really did.

For now, she would wait and see what would happen next.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

The woman shifts a bit nervously. Do you have any facilities for...amphibious treatment? I was advised that my baby may not breathe air at first. I was hoping I could find somewhere that could assist, since he should come out in foal form.

11. - Top - End - #281

[Infirmary]

The machine considers for a moment, and then its core bobs up and down, nodding.
    "We have facilities that should be suitable for you. They are rarely used, but we pride ourselves on being able to provide for all manner of patients. You will, of course, need a more amphibious doctor than myself when the time comes, in order to assist you."
    Not for the first time, the machine curses the fragile, limited-purpose bodies it has been able to acquire for itself.

Choir only confirms what it expected. Reelshka does seem to have provided for the woman, though.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-24 at 04:22 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282

[Infirmary]

"That would be me for example." The man in the labcoat says. "At least I have less of a problem with water." he says friendly.
    "Oh and Andreas Emerald is my name."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Infirmary

Candace curtseys very lightly. Thank you. I was told the baby would be a kelpie like his dad. She pauses and frowns. There was someone hunting him, an old wizard named Mortico. I don't think he followed me to this world though, but I cannot be sure...

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Celica's Cabin

It's not working very well; Cheasadh and Pookiee both continue to cry. It's not just attention-seeking loud crying, either, it's slightly more subdued, genuine pears of pain.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #285

[<Redacted> Cabin]

"Cybernetics and living tissue." Miriah promptly replies. "It looks and feels just like the real deal because it is an upgraded version of the real deal. Once she recovers from the accident and surgery, she'll be better than she was before."

"She's wheelchair bound until then, though. On top of that, she's suffering from depression. Our employers insisted that a robot follow her everywhere for a month or so in case she tries anything crazy. We've been through worse, but I've never seen her this miserable before. I think that... Well... There's no way to make this sound any less ridiculous, is there?"

"I think that you might've broken her heart."
    [<Redacted> Cabin]
    Justin sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. Lacing his fingers together he lets them hook and hang behind his neck. "I never meant to hurt her," he says sincerely. "What I said compounded with the trauma from the battlefield... Miriah, I think I need to speak to your sister." Maybe actually talking like they could have before the attack would help, but it's just a guess.

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #286

[Grounds]

The woman finishes reading the magazine she came here to read, then she leaves the Central Cabin. She puts her helmet back on, and revs up her motorcycle.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Looking for Copi]

After being mostly away for some time, Kitty returns to GLoG. She's not alone either. Accompanying her is Obriane, and of course Kitty's baby Annie is in the carrier strapped to her chest. "I hope Copi will be around. I haven't seen her a a while." The kitsune comments as they approach the main part of the camp.

18. - Top - End - #288

[Looking for Copi]

"Oh, whose 'Copi'? I haven't heard you mention her before." Obriane asks, keeping an eye out for those GloG ghosts. Darn spirits.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Looking for Copi]

"Oh, she's a friend. She helped me out while I was staying here. Hopefully you'll get to meet her soon." Kitty heads to the main cabin and pokes her head in through the front door, just to see of Copi happens to be there. "She's kind of a bit strange, but nice."

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Celica's Cabin

It's not working very well; Cheasadh and Pookiee both continue to cry. It's not just attention-seeking loud crying, either, it's slightly more subdued, genuine pears of pain.
    Celica shakes her head, still trying to comfort Cheasadh.
    Who is it?
    She inquires with a raised voice that, as is the intention, can be heard by Sophie.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [<Redacted> Cabin]
    Justin sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. Lacing his fingers together he lets them hook and hang behind his neck. "I never meant to hurt her," he says sincerely. "What I said compounded with the trauma from the battlefield... Miriah, I think I need to speak to your sister." Maybe actually talking like they could have before the attack would help, but it's just a guess.
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Probably...

It mainly depends on whether or not she's in a talkative mood.

"Just-"

Miriah softly sighs as she quietly reopens the cabin's door. A second passes before she continues.

"-choose your words carefully, okay?"

"She's in her bedroom down the hall."

22. - Top - End - #292

[Infirmary]

"There will be some risk, then, but likely that we can handle. The 'Mortico' is not known to us, but if we find information relevant to the child's safety, you will be informed."

The machine unfolds itself, standing up once again.

"Choir. You are ready to depart? Affirm."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin - Celica's Room]

"It's me, Sophie," says the Hunter's voice from the other side of the door. "I heard crying from this room."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Infirmary]

Andy just looks for a moment. He didn't know what a kelpi is, but there should be a book about that somewhere.

"I think we will manage that. As for Mortico, I haven't heared his name before. As Kestrel sadi, we will inform you if we know more."

25. - Top - End - #295

[<Redacted> Cabin]

Probably...

It mainly depends on whether or not she's in a talkative mood.

"Just-"

Miriah softly sighs as she quietly reopens the cabin's door. A second passes before she continues.

"-choose your words carefully, okay?"

"She's in her bedroom down the hall."
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

"I understand," he affirms as he walks into the cabin.

Following Miriah's instructions, he goes down the hall and gently nudges his way into Alyca's room."Hey Aly. You awake?"

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

[Celica's Room]

Cheese it, it's the fuzz!

Khyli doesn't move an inch closer to the door. She stands up straight at the foot of Celica's bed and tactfully attempts to make the bed and tidy the room up a tad before Sophie enters. She won't do much else until Celica gives her the go ahead. Re: Cheasadh's Taint, Khyli's hands are more or less tied until she dredges up more information on the gnome child's messed up beliefs.

---------
    [<Redacted> Cabin]

Cue the music that is so depressing that I had to resort to watching silly videos on Youtube after listening to it before I was in high enough spirits to finish this post!

Justin gently nudges open the solid wooden door that was previously blocking his entry into Alyca's caliginous room. The striped window curtains have been drawn shut so that not a solitary ray of sunlight shines upon the gloomy girl. The only source of light in this domain of tyrannical dysphoria is Alyca's television. The hues of red and blue it casts upon the despairing spy only contribute to the doleful scene. This nearly pitch black chamber might evoke memories of the horrible, cramped cell WATCH dragged Alyca and Miriah out of when first these two met.

There she sits unmoving, staring emptily forward at something that is neither here nor there. Not a word escapes her chapped lips. She acts as though Justin is not even there. The only signs that she is alive are the steady rise and fall of her chest and the occasional blink of her comfortless eyes.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-26 at 07:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Campgrounds

Oh look, a pair of boards from Cherry Cabin have ripped themselves off of the building and are now shuffling towards the main cabin.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Looking for Copi]

"Oh, she's a friend. She helped me out while I was staying here. Hopefully you'll get to meet her soon." Kitty heads to the main cabin and pokes her head in through the front door, just to see of Copi happens to be there. "She's kind of a bit strange, but nice."
    [Looking for Copi]

"Alright..." Obriane still didn't feel very comfortable around the campsite, too many spirits around here for her taste. "What does she look like?"

29. - Top - End - #299

[<Redacted> Cabin]

Cue the music that is so depressing that I had to resort to watching silly videos on Youtube after listening to it before I was in high enough spirits to finish this post!

Justin gently nudges open the solid wooden door that was previously blocking his entry into Alyca's caliginous room. The striped window curtains have been drawn shut so that not a solitary ray of sunlight shines upon the gloomy girl. The only source of light in this domain of tyrannical dysphoria is Alyca's television. The hues of red and blue it casts upon the despairing spy only contribute to the doleful scene. This nearly pitch black chamber might evoke memories of the horrible, cramped cell WATCH dragged Alyca and Miriah out of when first these two met.

There she sits unmoving, staring emptily forward at something that is neither here nor there. Not a word escapes her chapped lips. She acts as though Justin is not even there. The only signs that she is alive are the steady rise and fall of her chest and the occasional blink of her comfortless eyes.

[<Redacted> Cabin]

This woman doesn't feel anything by halves, does she?

Well Justin, your shining moment awaits. Platitudes and smartmouthed quips will go nowhere. Honesty is your best policy but your worst subject. So, how do you get the ball rolling.

"Alyca," he starts, "it's really good to see you alive." He leans in against the headboard of her bed. "Your sister said you've been distraught since the crash, I wanted to know what I could do to help."

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Infirmary]

"There will be some risk, then, but likely that we can handle. The 'Mortico' is not known to us, but if we find information relevant to the child's safety, you will be informed."

The machine unfolds itself, standing up once again.

"Choir. You are ready to depart? Affirm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Infirmary]

Andy just looks for a moment. He didn't know what a kelpi is, but there should be a book about that somewhere.

"I think we will manage that. As for Mortico, I haven't heared his name before. As Kestrel sadi, we will inform you if we know more."
    My thanks. Candace curtseys again, ever so slightly. I will let you know when there is more; I was told the foal would come out soon after it kicks.

She pauses, then turns to Choir. It was good to meet you. Perhaps we can visit again at some point.